Decent software but still needs work

Reviewed on 3/5/2018

As a user there are no direct benefits for me but it does make sales easier especially when we are busy and I am trying to get people paid up and out the door as quickly as possible.

Pros

I like the look and layout of the menu screens and the settings menu. It's easy to understand and easy to use.

Cons

The app crashes more than I would have thought it would. Also there is some difficulty with merging sales data if an item is accidentally entered into the system twice.

Johnathan F.

It's a love hate relationship, but for the most it's a good POS

Reviewed on 3/5/2018

Pros

Our inventory management, product creation, category, allowing to input specifics. I love the loyalty reward program available. Helps us build a better connection with the customer as to what they like, prefer, may want.

Cons

Okay, I'll try not to be too harsh but I want to be specific. The glitching, software update or any updates not to be reserved for Friday's and Saturday when it's busy. Customer want to view the items they purchased, but not with the cost price... would really appreciate is we can select by dates see the items and have no other specific information, many times customer feel the need to see all the items but this way it will show cost price the only way is selecting transaction per transaction which you may understand becames tedious. Transaction with Swipping EMV and manual imput, can really pinpoint what's the incongruency but each of our iPads 3 run differently some don't swipe other just EMV so far we just deal with it but it's annoying, last mindful thing... the printer for over a year we were promised all iPads can print receipts after installing a new 300 printer and new modem,,. Yet still only one iPad has the availability to print... anyway overall we appreciate Bindo and thank you for taking the time to ask us our opinion.

So Easy to Get Paid!

Reviewed on 24/12/2018

I wanted to accept credit cards but was afraid about getting all the equipment and not being able to monitor everything. Bindo (along with Quickbooks) resolved all the fears and now I can get paid easily without looking suspicious or inefficient.

Pros

Biased because I have an iPad and this works very well with it, but.... I got a scanner, a drawer, a CC reader, a printer for receipts, and this plays well with my Quickbooks! There's even free customer support and can do other mobile pay and online payments!

Cons

I haven't found it yet, at least the software, I wasn't a fan of the included iPad stand- but not everything can be perfect.

Lizze G.

in general, it is easy to use and works for the most part.

Reviewed on 30/4/2018

Pros

Inventory management and being able to access information. We can store our clients information in the system, put credit cards on file for ease of shopping. Being able to look up products and have all the information needed at a glance is helpful.

Cons

Multiple payment situations are a nightmare. You often have to figure Utility what payment type to put in first (order of operations situation) for the split tender to work. It's extrmemly time consuming and the customers feel like it's their fault when we can't proccess their preferred payment. We don't want our customers thinking their card is being declined when it's not or feel like they are unable to use, sometimes multiple, gift cards, store credits, etc.
there are also glitches that don't get resolved in a timely fashion. I can not use the trigger point feature to generate reorders. Instead of adding only the items set with a trigger point, the system puts EVERYTHING from the company into a purchase order. This has been reported and unresolved.

Christopher M.

Bindo Retail POS

Reviewed on 25/1/2017

I like Bindo and most of its features. I do however have some issues with Bindo. One of our biggest issues is printer connectivity, especially the blue tooth printer. I believe the blue tooth version has been discontinued. Another issue that I've noticed is that it takes a long time for software updates. The current problem that is taking a long time to update is the iPhone app. It doesn't work properly and hasn't been fixed for about a year. You cannot pull a report on the phone app or anything accept view current gross sales. I have called in with issues that need to be resolved on the retail POS and some most of our concerns have never been resolved. It appears that the DEV team doesn't consider individual case by case problems serious. They only make changes they see fit for the masses and they don't fix issues for each store.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

DEV team/company does not seem to have any sense of urgency to make software logic changes to meet the needs of its customers. They need to add some serious retail experience to their DEV team that really understands how retail works so that their logic is written more flexible. Especially on the permissions side of the software.

Jeff S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Bindo is the winner for us!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014

Pros

It is very easy to use, it looks great, and it works. Bindo does everything we need it to do, simply and efficiently. It looks great, and makes sales super fast and easy, as well as having all the reporting info we need.

Cons

Well, I'd like Apple to hurry up and approve the new Bindo update for iOS8 so that a couple of the glitches in the system can be corrected, but these are so minor. I really don't have anything to complain about.

Lisa V.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

One of the best wireless POS systems offered

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

Bindo has been my retail clothing shop's POS program for two years now. It's very easy to learn and to use (I've checked other mobiles out and had used hard-drive systems for 15 years prior. Does it have its glitches? Sure, what wireless program doesn't. Nonetheless, I've never lost data, it's mobile and full info can be accessed from various devices; customers are impressed with the technology (ha, which makes me look really with it); and Bindo support is quick to answer questions.

Pros

Easy access to inventory and sales data, off-site mobility, report and functionality updates, matrix ability inventory, easy interface with printers, scanners, credit card processors, etc. Free hardware offered with a 3-year contract, and flexible financing available.

Cons

There's a limited number of printers (both receipt and labels) that that can interface, and updates can cause some hardware issues. Nothing that's a deal-breaker, though. Many many reports are available but could use more that are specifically toward a clothing retailer, such as matrix bundling in sales reports. Hopefully, that's one of the constant updates.

Stephen P.
  • Industry: Farming

Bindo POS

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

Really user friendly system simple to use for all users from front of house to accounts.

Pros

This Ipad POS is very good at handling the following aspect of our business.
Single point of sale
real time inventory
Graet CRM system
supports all our thrid party apps
quick customer support and traning

Cons

We have been using the system for 10 months and so far no issues. Only concern is the iPad ware and tear of the screen when we keep touching the same part of the screen all day.

Benjamin S.
  • Industry: Furniture

We started using it for work as oppose to QuickBooks

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

Its easy to use and navigate and makes tracking and ordering much easier.

Pros

It tracks inventory, register is easy to use, you can load it on any ipad and use it, which is nice for emergency situations. Product ordering and stuff is easy and you can set minimums on items to know what to order without looking.

Cons

doesn't track sales efficiently for sales staff to track, constant printer errors, difficult to look up old customers, can't adjust price in both directions, only discount, which can throw off margins.

Erika W.

Great quality, too many bugs

Reviewed on 20/7/2018

Pros

Easy functionality and navigation is nice especially dealing with customers. At first I had to figure out the keys but charting information which was all self explanatory; very impressive.

Cons

I constantly run into freezing and have to restart the app. Or if trying to sign in it would force log me out after putting long password it. Very fusterating

Kevin W.

Bindo - Beautiful UX but lacks in execution.

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

Pros

Bindo is beautiful to work on.. that's about it. It's a great UI (iPad based). Native app that runs smooth.

Cons

Bindo isn't good at business. Inventory? Good luck keeping accurate counts. Want to work on a desktop? When I used Bindo, they did not support the desktop dashboard work. They promised for months, but never delivered.

Shannon S.

Bindo POS

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

Overall Bindo is a relatively easy application to use. Most of the tabs are pretty self-explanatory. If for some reason you have a question about how to do something in regards to the application, they have how-to videos and explanations. You can also contact customer support. They're normally on the ball, they've come a long way from when we first started using the application. Much faster response times.

Pros

Ease of use, relatively fast, if there is down time they fix things pretty quick!

Cons

Longer customer support hours, being a business we are open later than customer service. That's when things will normally go wrong. Murphy's Law
Not a huge fan of the change done to the Sales Summary Report, when I export it, the currency fields are now number fields. Try to format back to currency and have to go into each cell and fix it to become currency again.

Christina M.
  • Industry: Restaurants

bindo Review

Reviewed on 11/5/2017

we need more support I think that since we got the new system its been a headache to talk to someone

Pros

when it works its great it does not freeze and the Ipad are nice to have to walk around with and do my menus

Cons

to may down times some times it just freeze during the middle of lunch sometimes drives us crazy need a better

Dana L.

What I think.

Reviewed on 13/9/2018

I am very pleased. The extra steps don’t bother me.

Pros

Bindo is the easiest POS system for retail I’ve ever used. Customer service is great.

Cons

The fact that if you click out of certain tabs it does not save your place.

Matthiew G.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Great for small businesses

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

Bindo is a great system. we use it at where I work and its great because we can search for all of our items within just a matter of a click, our accountant can manage the store anywhere on the go.

Pros

Great customer support.
cloud based storage system
compatible with tablets
Easy to use UI

Cons

If you have slow internet I wouldn't recommend it.
1. It constantly sends back and forth data all the time and it requires additional time to process data.
2. Sometimes purchases if your internet speeds are low, will not charge on your end, but will still charge the user.
3. Inventory management nightmare for untitled items.

Mira S.

Awful pos provider

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

Been with bindo for two years and will be leaving. Prices are ridiculous compared to industry average. Will bump up your price drastically afterwards.

Pros

Ease of use when system is not down. Not much positive remarks about this company. They will make many promises but fail to deliver.

Cons

Customer service is awful! Very arrogant and they do not care. Constant updates that mess up the system for days. I have had to close the store because system did not work. One of the updates included gift card reprogramming. As a result all outstanding gift cards became invalid. So many other problems.

Andrew H.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great

Reviewed on 7/9/2018

I do not really know what this software is but they said they’d send me a gift card if I wrote a review

Shannon S.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Bindo POS Review

Reviewed on 15/4/2017

Pros

Pretty Straight Forward, if you have common sense, you can use this POS. Been using for a little over a year I think and overall, a nice POS system, seems like they are continually updating their product, so kudos!

Cons

The reports are a little confusing at times, get conflicting numbers. Sometimes it times out, not super difficult things to fix, I think still working out bugs.

Sam K.
  • Industry: Automotive

Big Thumbs down

Reviewed on 15/1/2019

Do your research. Not like me

Pros

They anwer you quickly BUT thats it.
Very easy to get out of a contract with.
Easy to speak with.

Cons

Problems with POS will not be addressed in a timely manner. When apple updates software Bindo doesn’t seem to be ready in time.

Purav P.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Bindo has changed the way I run my business. Amazing!

Reviewed on 17/4/2014

Pros

The product is fantastic but where Bindo really shines is the Team. The experience does not stop with the POS solution but continues with a very attentive customer service department that will work tirelessly until the Customer is 100% satisfied! The product itself has been very well-thought-out. It gives management the ability to truly run a business the way it's supposed to. I cannot believe how in the dark I was before.

Cons

I really can't think of any shortcomings of Bindo.

Colin R.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Easy to use with great customer service

Reviewed on 16/6/2014

Pros

My favorite feature is Bindo's CRM. When a customer comes to purchase an item, I simply "add" that customer to their receipt. Then, Bindo keeps track of all of my customers and their past purchases. This is really useful when a customer tries a few different wines and wants to return to one that they had purchased in the past, or when customers purchase the same item again and again.

Cons

There have been a few minor bugs here and there, but the customer service team has always been able to help me work around them until they're fixed (which is never very long).

Chris N.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

One of the best products on the marker

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

Pros

Hands down my favorite and most used iPad software of the moment. Awesome visual interface and one of the best crm/customer loyalty features I've used.

Cons

The only negative I can speak to on this product is that it can get a tad bit pricey, however the company does offer a free trial period.

Julius K.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Bindo is fast and all-inclusive

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

We had a problem accepting card payments but we can now easily accept all payments.

Pros

its fast, the card processor is amazing, its easy to use, offers free trial version which is good for testing. Using t om my ipad makes it more fun.

Cons

the customer support team is slow but eventually they know their work.

Dominique T.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Bindo is fun and easy to use!

Reviewed on 10/6/2014

Pros

The interface is very simple and easy to navigate. Most of my transactions take 15-20 seconds. It's great when I need to search the inventory, because everything is on the same screen as the transaction, so there's no need to switch back and forth.

Cons

Sometimes, the transaction will freeze in the middle of a sale, which makes it awkward between the customer and me.

Hailey M.

Easy use and quick to learn

Reviewed on 1/4/2018

Pros

All the new hires have learned this software very quickly. Typically on the first day of using this.

Cons

Its lacking some features that could be beneficial to my line of work. Hoping to see improvements in the future.