Bindo POS

3.7/5
4.1/5
3.9/5

Cedric

Software excellent for business easy to train employees and great functionality.

Reviewed on 30/4/2018

Pros

Compatibility with iOS and how easy it is to use for new employees. Our job has employees that are not that tech savvy and this software helps them and eliminate mistakes that were used on our previous software. It's easy to make changes on the fly like adding and removing buttons for events.

Cons

Rarely needed assistance on the weekend and it was hard to contact customer service. Issue was that on some occasions we would ring up a customer and the cash register would not open don't know if it was a software issue or cash register problem.

Jeff
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Bindo is the winner for us!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014

Pros

It is very easy to use, it looks great, and it works. Bindo does everything we need it to do, simply and efficiently. It looks great, and makes sales super fast and easy, as well as having all the reporting info we need.

Cons

Well, I'd like Apple to hurry up and approve the new Bindo update for iOS8 so that a couple of the glitches in the system can be corrected, but these are so minor. I really don't have anything to complain about.

Matthew
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Do not get in business with Bindo

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

It's Bad.

I would not recommend getting into business with this company, especially not after covid. Unfortunately we have so much switching inventory that it would be impossible to make an easy switch to another POS system. Honestly if I could switch easily, I would.

The customer service through Covid has been SO BAD. I have called 5 times in the last 3 weeks with various issues and have not had a single response. Their service button on the app has not worked since COVID started. Even before COVID, the customer service was really, really bad.

Pros

Bindo, when it works is very easy to use. They have really improved the interface and any prominent issue probably has a work-around.

Cons

Where to start?

Bindo's customer service is quite possibly the worst I have ever experienced in the tech industry. Since Covid started they have not answered their customer service line when I called. Not a single time. I have constant issues is different aspects of the app and they are not willing to even contact me back. On top of that, the question mark button that leads to customer service has said "Something went wrong" for 5 months now. I have gotten responses from their team like "You are not a big enough account for us to help" or when asking about bad reviews: "Haters gonna Hate"

We have used Bindo for over 5 years and it has kept terrible track of our inventory. The quantities are all over the place, things that were sold 4 years ago show up as in stock, things that came in this week are listed as negative numbers.

There is a big issue with credit card processing. Recently, at least once a day the software crashes while processing a credit card and it charges the card but reports in the POS app as unpaid. I also have tons of issues where transactions come up as partial payments for no reason at all.

We have experienced the app crashing from so many little things. Whether its deleting a number when manually entering a credit card, charging our menu setup, just swiping a card, Bindo crashes all the time. Luckily they updated the software to save open tabs but before that was implemented we would lose 15-30 tabs every time Bindo crashed.

stephen
  • Industry: Farming

Bindo POS

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

Really user friendly system simple to use for all users from front of house to accounts.

Pros

This Ipad POS is very good at handling the following aspect of our business.
Single point of sale
real time inventory
Graet CRM system
supports all our thrid party apps
quick customer support and traning

Cons

We have been using the system for 10 months and so far no issues. Only concern is the iPad ware and tear of the screen when we keep touching the same part of the screen all day.

Benjamin
  • Industry: Furniture

We started using it for work as oppose to QuickBooks

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

Its easy to use and navigate and makes tracking and ordering much easier.

Pros

It tracks inventory, register is easy to use, you can load it on any ipad and use it, which is nice for emergency situations. Product ordering and stuff is easy and you can set minimums on items to know what to order without looking.

Cons

doesn't track sales efficiently for sales staff to track, constant printer errors, difficult to look up old customers, can't adjust price in both directions, only discount, which can throw off margins.

Travis
  • Industry: Farming

Too many glitches

Reviewed on 18/1/2019

The overall experience with this software is very disappointing. On paper it looks to have everything we needed in a Pos system. The problem was that most of the functionality that the software claims to have does not function reliably. I have seen the reviews from years ago where customers felt like beta testers and our experience with the program is the same. When a Pos can't consistently show the correct quantities of a sale on a receipt or invoice, then we have a problem. I documented a half of a page worth of problems before I finally gave up. There are just to many to keep track of and I've got a business to run, not troubleshoot our PoS.

I will say that the companies support group is usually very timely in their responses. However the vast majority of the issues with this software is not something they can fix. It is up to the development team.

To be sure, my company deals with decimal quantities. All of our products are priced per pound. I do not know if it would work any better if the inventory was whole numbers only. But still, I was told the system could handle what we wanted and in the end, it could not.

Pros

Bindo integrates payments through the Pos in house. So there is no need to have a separate processor except american express. The software itself is not difficult to learn.

Cons

The following apply to decimal quantity inventory.

-Email receipts do not show the correct quantities on pos sales or invoices. They are rounded up or down sporadically. Sometimes its correct sometimes it's not.
-Orders held for longer than 2 hours may be deleted in the system.
-The Pos receipt screen sometimes shows a wrong payment amount that was paid. Not great when a customer sees an amount double what they had expected. Then I have to pull the order back up to show the customer the actual amount that was charged to a credit card.
-Embedded barcodes can only be scanned from menu screen. They will not work with the library, item code or invoice screens
-Invoices with decimal quantities can only be completely fullfilled in the iOS app. But the payment can
only be fully processed in the web browser back office. If not done this way both will only be partially completed
-Changing invoice prices will show the invoice to be a total of Zero in the invoice list.
-If a purchase order payment status is left as N/A when it is saved, all of the items will be deleted

Joseph
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Terrible for what we used it for

Reviewed on 16/8/2019

I hate using this system and have only hated it more as time has gone by

Pros

For simply tracking the number of people that came through our admission side, this system worked fine

Cons

Too many cons to list:
1) Terrible Customer service- can take days or weeks for them to respond to inquiries
2) System was a mess to use and would have so many problems operating in many different ways
3) Random updates with huge changes to functionality that were unexplained beforehand

Robert

Bindo has made our food and drink services so much easier and more convenient.

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

The benefits I get from this software is the ability to use it on many different devices as well as having the ease of updating my products and prices whenever I want.

Pros

What I like most about Bindo the ability to update my products easily and to be able to use Bindo on many different devices at once.

Cons

What I like least about Bindo is the connection between the Master Terminal and the other terminals. Sometimes the other terminals get disconnected from the Master and it takes a little while to connect back.

Cassie
  • Industry: Entertainment

Bindo

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

It's been great! The system works fast and it's very convenient!

Pros

It's easy to use and the dashboard is nice because you login anytime from any device.

Cons

There is one feature that is frustrating when you try to back out of an order and it won't allow it without a managers approval.

Michelle

Ever have a problem, customer service is amazing on getting back at a timely manner.

Reviewed on 2/5/2018

Pros

That I can get almost immediate help from customer support. I am able to use different forms of payment and ease of adding new items to system.

Cons

Some updates make it harder to use with no Bindo training. When adding new items to system, sometimes the pictures don't correspond with our actual item.

Kevin

Bindo - Looks great but lacks in back-end necessities.

Reviewed on 3/2/2017

The Bindo POS, like many other cloud-based POS systems, is equipped with the basics. Inventory management, time-clock, multiple store capabilities, and inventory transfers. To add to that list, they also have an incorporated CRM. Unfortunately, our experience with Bindo POS was not the best. If you're in any way serious about running a business, Bindo POS does not supply the data necessary to make informed decisions on reordering and managing inventory. Their interface is beautiful and very easy to use, however you're limited once you hit the desktop. Bindo POS is optimized for tablet use. Simple functions like exporting reports and managing inventory are not easily done on a desktop. We also encountered many errors in inventory tracking, which is a NIGHTMARE. Transfers, Purchase Orders, and Sales sometimes did not log or disappeared. We purchased an iPad just to use in the office. Bindo POS has the framework and design to be one of the best retail POS software programs around.

Pros

- UX
- Ease of Use (Tablet Only)

Cons

- Not Desktop Friendly
- Support (Seems like they're contracted and don't actually work for Bindo POS)
- Inadequate Reporting
- Bare-Essentials CRM
- Iffy Inventory Management (Buggy and not always reliable)

Bree
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Bindo POS review

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

Bindo is very easy to use and talks between our in store and online network.

Pros

Easy to use and train other employees. Makes it easy for us to use with our online store.

Cons

It has alot of hick ups. Between printers not connecting even though they say connected to the system crashing

Christina

Customer service are wonderful and always solve our issues.

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

Pros

Decently easy to use, customer service is excellent, two of the representatives always call us back right away! Very easy to learn

Cons

Several glitches happen quite often. We had 3 months where invoices and quotes disappeared. It made our job difficult

Brian

For the great price you get what you get.

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

POS system at a great price

Pros

The use of the tablet makes for an easy POS setup. Its a nice small setup. The reporting I have found to be easy to use.

Cons

I have found a few issues with the integration into WooCommerce. It duplicates items if I make a change which messes up our website and anything we have developed for the items. Menu Setup is not the easiest to use.

Lori

I use Bindo everyday and it is a easy to use system

Self explanatory
Option to chat with customer service
Photos by product
Can store mainly sold items for quick ring up

Cons

Sometimes sales don't register in system
Customer service online is slow and don't reply back sometimes

Kelley
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Promising

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

We have used this system for just over a year now. We find it to be easy to navigate and generally runs fairly smooth as a pos system. We do find lots of bugs between inventory and the register and the accounting reports are often hard to match up. By that, I mean it is difficult to tell what data is used for a given number and those numbers rarely seem to match with other accounting reports within the same system. A few outages, but nothing too major on that front. The loyalty points feature is nice and having a customer facing display is a big plus for our business.

Pros

Customer Facing Display, Loyalty Options

Cons

Reporting features

Christina
  • Industry: Restaurants

bindo Review

Reviewed on 11/5/2017

we need more support I think that since we got the new system its been a headache to talk to someone

Pros

when it works its great it does not freeze and the Ipad are nice to have to walk around with and do my menus

Cons

to may down times some times it just freeze during the middle of lunch sometimes drives us crazy need a better

Stephanie
  • Used for 1+ year

So far the program seems to work fairly well. Customer support is always very helpful and...

Reviewed on 1/5/2018

Pros

Has a lot of great options for maintaining products and possibilities for having a brick and mortar store and an online store.

Cons

Features that have not been fully implemented or are no longer going to be available are not clearly stated in the "Help" sections. Would be nice to know that an area is still being worked on or has gone back to the drawing board, but then given other options to use. Rather than having to contact Support to be told that, after trying for a while to figure out how to make something work.

William
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Generally good. There have been periodic frustrations

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

Pros

The user interface is slick and easy to use. I appreciate the ease with which I can run credit card transactions.

Cons

The periodic changes that occur without notification are frustrating. Consistency is ideal for the business that we have here.

Travon
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great & Easy To Use!

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

I've been in a family owned business for years and we have always had our troubles getting our store into the new age! But with Bindo that transition was easy! It's not just their great customer support helping put everything in to perspective step by step. It is also the simplicity and sleek look that the bindo software and hardware has given our store. Trust that with Bindo and an open mind you too can enjoy the progress we at Sports In Effect INC enjoy!

Pros

- Available for a trial run
- Customer Support
- Sleek Look
- Easy to use software
- Integration With InStore & Online
- Multi Store Integration

Raj
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Watch Out any Sales Reps from this Company.

Reviewed on 31/7/2015

Pros

From experience. NOTHING.. It may be a great fit for fast food restaurant and clothing industry..

Cons

It says it can be used for a liquor & wine store and couple of users has a positive review @ this POS but it CAN NOT be used for a liquor & wine store presently....some reasons..
> It does not have a (-) department that can be used for Lotto paid out transactions.
> Matrix feature is too much complicated and CAN NOT be used for a single UPC as it is possible in Microsoft RMS.
> No Customer facing display. So customer don't know what is happening during a x'saction.
> Customer support.. 0 out of 10.

Response from Dan

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your experience with Bindo. After reviewing further it appears that we did not work closely enough with you during the sales process to make sure that Bindo meets all of your needs. We always ask lots of questions to potential customers during the sales process to understand needs and make sure that Bindo is a good fit. It sounds like there was a failure in communication here and we apologize for that. Please note that we do in fact offer a customer facing display, and we offer an inventory matrix feature. Our customer support staff works hard to ensure that you are satisfied with your experience with Bindo and you may reach out to them at any time to learn more about utilizing all of the features of Bindo.

Douglas
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Great product for our small store

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

The Bindo POS program and system has been a great find for our store. It allows us to do many things that weren't possible with standard cash registers or would have cost too much with many other POS systems or software. On top of that, the customer service has always been top-notch, with quick replies to any questions we might have.

Pros

Ease of use, options for product creation, and many options for pricing, discounts, and other options needed for ease of use by the register workers.

Cons

Loss of some function when WiFi goes down.

Jeff
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great Software & Experience

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

We use this product in our company retail store and it has allowed us a ton of flexibility in how we operate our business. We are able to be completely mobile with this solution either in our building or remotely which has been great!

Pros

We love the online dashboard that gives us access to our POS system remotely.

Cons

We do not like that the product does not allow for negative amounts for a product. We give back product deposits which sometimes occur without a purchase and the system currently only allows for a discount to be given.

Shannon
  • Used for 1+ year

Bindo POS Review

Reviewed on 15/4/2017

Pros

Pretty Straight Forward, if you have common sense, you can use this POS. Been using for a little over a year I think and overall, a nice POS system, seems like they are continually updating their product, so kudos!

Cons

The reports are a little confusing at times, get conflicting numbers. Sometimes it times out, not super difficult things to fix, I think still working out bugs.

Vanessa

Overall it works, but glitchy.

Reviewed on 4/5/2018

Inventory and purchase orders are straight-forward on this POS!

Pros

I like the inventory screen and how you can add pictures to each item. I also like that the purchase order screen is very straight-forward.

Cons

There are a couple frustrating components...when you go back after hitting the charge screen it takes the items out of inventory. Sometimes the sales are delayed on the 'sales' tab. Sometimes the receipt won't print. Overall, a couple glitchy and frustrating features.