ADP Workforce Now

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best Pay Manager Ever

Reviewed on 16/4/2022

I would def recommend this service for companies that have payroll issues it's a great way for employees to manage their pay and have access to their documents without a hassel.

Pros

The ability to keep important documents 9n file for easy downloading.

Cons

The registration is a bit complicated when and if you've been employed through multiple companies using this software .

Sai sharan
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best platform to access everything hr payroll and tax

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Pros

User friendly application, easy to access all hr services and payroll services, User interface is so easy to understand, tax related all queries has already updated no worry which companies had this application

Cons

No cons everything awesome, there us no least about this software

Rajbir
  • Industry: Food Production

ADP Workfoce Now Review

Reviewed on 6/1/2023

Overall, it was not pleasant working with ADP Workfoce Now.

Pros

What I liked the most about the product was that it handled payroll really well.

Cons

I did not like the customer service that was associated with the product. I was given 5-6 account managers within a span of a year and none of them fully helped me out. Their interface is pretty outdated and hard to navigate.

Santiago
  • Industry: Information Services

ADP workforce app

Reviewed on 26/9/2022

It worked. I've had it for a number of years. Trying to reach their customer support, supporting some of their other business apps, was always a hassle but I would still recommend it.

Pros

I liked being able to view my payroll information directly on it. It was very helpful in seeing how my check would break down. It did well in demonstrating what hours you had available and it made things like viewing your w2 very accessible. Since it was ADP, I was able to see paystub history from over a decade ago. Which, while I didn't have to see it, it was interesting to see nonetheless.

Cons

It just felt like it didn't quite offer much on it. Logging in was always a chore and the biometrics sign in function didn't really seem to work with me all that often.

Shatonia

ADP for me

Reviewed on 11/1/2023

Pros

The reliability of the software is very important to my business

Cons

N/A All aspects meet my expectations and needs.

Liam

A Lot of Buck for Little Bang

Reviewed on 24/7/2019

To piggyback off the last response, the overall experience was quite poor when it came to the actual resource navigation of the site. As I took this role over managing this system, it became apparent that there was a very limited amount of knowledge as to what information this system even held, let alone how to actually access it.

To take it one step further, these types of scenarios became more difficult as if there was a situation that hadn't been encountered before, only the administrator was able to handle that particular issue on behalf of the employee. Multiple times when employees attempted to handle benefit package errors/changes and were unable to make any effect.

This said, if it were a personal issue, sometimes employees problems would go unresolved in lieu of having to have someone else handle that problem for them through support.

Pros

The software and services that ADP provides are some of the most wide ranging and highly customizable you can find on the market. Being the largest name, they're able to bring in partners quickly and therefore have a good amount of integrations and other employee resources that you won't be offered through smaller providers.

For example, the Life Mart package for employee discount programs is easily one of the most missed pieces of our prior platform (wasn't able to find comparable tool at similar price point).

Cons

The navigation and overabundance of links (that generally lead to the same place) make this software very hard to use. On the home screen alone, there were over 30 different options of where you could go from that screen and not a ton of specificity enough to make you confidence that you're even going to the right place.

Theres a lack of actual substance that bothers me. Outside of creating reporting based on the information within the system, the system itself is more or less a portal that connects all these other insurance and investment platforms. The system itself doesn't really do as much as you'd expect for what you pay for. If you're a massive organization and have daily applications of the reporting the system generates, I'm sure it would change things a bit but for your typical small company, it's a bit too deep of a package for their to be so little customization.

Workday HCM, TriNet Perform and TriNet Hire

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

At the time, the name carried a good amount of weight. Not having prior experience utilizing a similar system and bringing ADP on at this time, it provided more confidence on our end to know that we were using the tool that the majority of the industry was using.
Rochelle

You can't go wrong with ADP!

Reviewed on 8/12/2022

Overall great!

Pros

I love ADP! The ease of use with this software is unmatched! Conveniently via phone or computer you can access all functions in seconds!

Cons

No Cons! I love everything about ADP! Will recommend to all

John
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Very good overall

Pros

Easy of use and data visualization via the dashboards

Cons

You should be able to create graphs / charts highlighting your income over time and against previous years. With being in a commission based JB it would help to track income and compare goals from previous years by overlapping years. Would be good to have same functionality for you 401k contributions too.

lorresha
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

Pros

Easy to use and convenient. Allows me to access my payroll and tax information in real time.

Cons

I do not like the option of changing my withholding. I have been trying to update that information for over 3 months and I don't know how to contact ADP for assistance.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Sharing thoughts about ADP

Reviewed on 11/1/2023

Overall experience is very good and I would recommend it to everyone.

Pros

Design of the website, color match, statistical tools to use while checking payroll, ease of usage for vacation days request, cancellation, adding notes. Having app in my mobile phone makes it reachable from everywhere and I don't need to check my laptop everytime.

Cons

While using the mobile app of ADP, logging process is hard. It could be a bit easier. When account is blocked you have to contact HR to help where I believe "forgot password" option should be enough.

Adrian
  • Industry: Telecommunications

ADP

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

WFN solves our issues for time and attendance tracking with employees in 30 states. It provides all necessary reporting needed to report on payroll spend.

Pros

Pretty user friendly. Screen layout is easy to follow. Once employees are trained, they usually don't need any follow up.

Cons

Updates and changes are too frequent. Constant change. The Benefits sections is very hard to manage without support from ADP and working through Open Enrollment is very challenging. The Carrier API feeds are very complex.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

System functionality did not meet needs with growth of company.

Paychex Flex

System functionality
Katie

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Overall I'm a happy ADP client.

Pros

What I like most is that everything is there for me in one place- time and attendance, payroll, reviews, contact information. I also like that help or assistance from ADP is a phone call away.

Cons

I wish the hold time when I call for assistance wasn't so long. I also wish there would be a last contact log for supervisors or admin to write in notes.

UKG Ready

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

We changed ownership and I didn't care for Kronos.

UKG Ready

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

ADP was able to set us up with workforce now the quickest. I heard good things about it.
Deborah
  • Industry: Human Resources

Our company has been using ADP Workforce Now since 2014. This is an amazing program!

Reviewed on 16/6/2017

Secure, dependable and user friendly payroll processing. A time and attendance system. Reporting functions that allow us to track and report critical information that helps us run a better company. Offsite support and a system that is always rolling out updates and training. This is a great system for the medium to large business. You cannot go wrong with this program.

Pros

Workforce Now has changed from being a time and attendance and payroll system to a Human Resources tool I cannot do without.
I am a one person Human Resources Department and I need a HR system that can streamline and support the many functions I deal with on a daily basis. Workforce Now (WFN) does that and so much more. WFN comes with dozens of preloaded reports that allows me to run employee rosters, payroll reports, attendance reports, cost of labor by hours and earnings. It tracks tax information and General Leader Reports for our accounting department. Employees are able to electronically request time off and get manager approvals emailed to their cell phones or home computers. Managers and supervisors can make notes right in the employees electronic file so there is always a record of items they can use when doing annual reviews or disciplinary action meetings.
There is so many options available. Making sure employees get paid properly is critical, but this system and the ADP support team take payroll to a whole new level! ADP has been working diligently to make this system a workhorse in the HR department. The updates keep this system cutting edge, yet user friendly and easy to run. You will not have to worry about having outdated and stale software in a year. There is always something being improved. Just in case something does come up, WFN has a solid support team that you can reach out to for questions and assistance. And they are only a phone call away.

Cons

What do I like least? I only have a couple of issues, and the pro's far outweigh the concerns, but it seems like the support team is very busy on some Monday's and Tuesday's. When you try to call in for support the wait times can be a little long. I have learned to plan ahead and call early. If you want a least like about the software specifically then that is more difficult to answer. I guess I'd say the learning curve can feel a little intimidating when you first start to using WFN. Help is only a phone call away or a quick look up in the integrated help screens.

Response from ADP

Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. We appreciate your time and your business. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to reach out. [email protected]

• Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ADP is a great tool for businesses

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

Really happy overall.

Pros

ADP is a great tool for companies to use for their employees. Not only can you find all the important documents you need in one place, but you also get perks with ADP. Even if you leave a company ADP will still show you your pay stubs and tax info later on. Sometimes businesses add certain qualities to ADP, so be sure to make what you have on the platform clear. I have gotten many great perks and coupon codes from ADP for car rentals, movie tickets and outings.

Cons

Customer service is slow, if non existent. If you have an issue it is guaranteed to take you more then 48 hours to solve.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Workday is confusing and more expensive.

Workday HCM

Value and ease of use.
Shikha
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions

Reviewed on 30/4/2019

Our company’s overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company’s HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc.
This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using this software for almost 5 years now and the experience has been amazing. The entire application is user friendly and easy to manage with a supportive customer service.
It also facilitates our employees to register into the system whose paycheck has been processed once and they can view their paystubs online, which reduces our burden of sending the paystubs separately.
The entire process of payroll including the tax processing, sick time filing (if applicable), PTO management etc. is simplified through this application.
The benefit enrolment/waiving process is also easier with all the documents placed under different sections of the consultant’s file.

Cons

The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.

Deborah
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

ADP Workforce Now -- Payroll, but so much more!!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

I have used ADP payroll in different companies throughout my Human Resources career. It has gone from a great payroll program to an amazing, easy to use payroll and people management tool that blows the competition away. I cannot imagine running our companies Human Resources Department without it. Over the last year, ADP Workforce Now has updated and improved its entire program. There is online training at your fingertips. Employees can easily manage their individual information by using the many self-service features. The mobile app is easily downloaded from an android or apple phone and allows employees to have access to their payroll information anytime and from almost anywhere. The payroll process is easy to manage and reports are easy to access or create. This allows managers and employees to have accurate information at their fingertips which in turn helps them make decisions based on real-time information. I cannot say enough good things about ADP Workforces Now! Go with the best -- you will be glad you did.

Pros

The many features if offers. It is easy to use. The support is at your fingertips and if you cannot find the answer, you can pick up the phone and real people are there to help. This is just the beginning of the wonderful software packages amazing features.

Cons

There are so many features built into the software and it is sometimes difficult to know everything that is available. Also, when you add some new features it seems like there is a lot of add on costs. I think it would be best to be able to pick from a variety of package features up front. Maybe spending more time learning the needs of the company upfront and setting up the software to meet those needs upfront would help keep costs lower.

Response from ADP

Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product. You have completely captured what we have tried to do, provide an easy to use software program, supported by an excellent Customer Service team, that allows you to get your administrative task done more quickly and spend time on value-add activities in business. I love that you call out our reporting enables you to make real-time decisions for your business. Please let me know if I can ever assist you with anything at all at ADP. [email protected]

Monica
  • Industry: Government Administration

For the most part, this is a good product and fairly intuitive.

Reviewed on 25/7/2017

I was using a massive system, that was very cumbersome and not flexible at all. ADP streamlined our processes for the most part and has made our jobs in HR and Payroll a little easier.

Pros

There is a home page that can be customized. This provides the employer a good opportunity to communicate with all employees, considering everyone must go into ADP to enter their time at least twice each month. The portal can be setup in English and Spanish. The system overall is fairly easy to work in and find information. There are a good number of standard reports. ADP offers a lot of training opportunities, support, message boards, etc. at no cost, which is a definite benefit.

Cons

The home page is a wonderful communication tool; however, customizing it in Portal is very difficult and takes more time than it should to get it to look professional. The setup is fairly restrictive, the 'Undo' button no longer exists after this last upgrade, you can't control the line spacing, for some reason the system removes some spacing between words that were copied and pasted into the Portal, and for the most part, the system seems to do what it wants. The leave-time system has become very cumbersome. Example: An employee is out sick one day in a pay period. The employee enters their work hours, along with their sick time, into the timesheet, then saves and approves their timesheet. The supervisor then goes in and must first approve the sick time, which automatically removes the employee's approval. The employee then must approve their timesheet again before the supervisor can approve the entire timesheet. Another aggravation is the ridiculous number of messages and the requirement to archive the messages. The system even requires confirmation that you want to archive and then it provides a running total of the number that has been archived, or the number of new hires entered, etc. Knowing the number of actions taken or messages archived is unnecessary.

Response from ADP

Monica -

Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry you find our customization features and leave-time system underwhelming. I would love to connect with you more about this. Please reach out: [email protected]

Brian

Follows you wherever you go...

Reviewed on 25/4/2020

simple/easy/intuitive/persistent/Dedicated --- don't forget it will always be by your side

Pros

Throughout many roles and across varied industry's ADP has been used as a platform to receive pay stubs, obtain tax information and forms, monitor time work and time off, and track pay. All of these features are displayed in an easy to navigate, user-friendly, customizable dashboard that is kind of awesome if you are obsessed with your finances. I love how everything is at your fingertips and how easy all your info is to access. The best part about ADP is that despite being issued new log in credentials with every employer who uses this program (usually the company email I am assigned once hired) all my previous ADP accounts synched with my new job and literally has followed me from place to place. I was concerned that with each new employer and subsequently the new account information, I would have countless user names and passwords spanning my lifetime from each and every job I held. WRONG! This program is great... their app even is better.. and it will always be with you no matter the employer.

Cons

Starting the whole process at times can be difficult. With my most recent employer who used ADP there was a miscommunication between HR and the company resulting in misinformation and bad information regarding sign up to the app/program. An invite code was needed but it seemed no one could get it together enough to get it for us ...needless to say weeks later the entire new hire class got the right code hence access to our paystubs

meir
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 31/3/2017

I use the payroll, Time & Attendance and HRB. I have been a client of ADP for 30 years+!! My Mother started with calling in the information to ADP every week! Then I came into the business and we went from manual phone calls to a computerized system. It was called PC Payroll. A great payroll package. Then approx 1 1/4 years ago, we were told that PC Payroll is being discontinued and we made the switch to WFN. We started at Version 2 and we are now, we are at Version 13 - with Version 14 soon to happen. A very happy client.

Pros

1. I am the admin of the payroll dept. it is my responsibility and i run it weekly. Once I learn how to do the functions, it works very well.
2. Customer support is second to none! Truly excellent!
3. The program does a lot - with many features. Upgrades are starting to be more frequent - which is a good thing.
4. They have support system which is called "The Bridge". all users are connected to it. you can ask a question and it will be answered by another user or even am ADP employee.
5. Wish list: It is very powerful program. There are very many features. Many of them i know and many of them, i don't even know they are there. I wish there was a document available that goes through the whole WFN and lists and describes ALL the features available - whether they are standard or offered only as on option. Just let me know about it!!!

Cons

During the December and beginning of January, the hold time can be very long. i have been on hold for over 45 minutes. i am really hoping that it will be corrected.

Response from Lori

Meir –

First and foremost, thank you for being a 30-year partner of ours. I love your story, and hearing the evolution of your relationship with ADP. As a member of ADP’s Client Loyalty team, I am always thrilled to see and hear about our long-term partners. Also, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product and Service. We truly appreciate the time you took to do this. Please reach out to me and we can discuss your wish-list document. I may have something that you can use. [email protected]

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Intuitive for users of all types

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

As a leader of a team, I am responsible for approving time cards, PTO requests, time adjustments, etc. and have found that ADP WorkforceNow is an intuitive software that anyone can learn very quickly. The menu is thorough but simple, and functions are placed in a logical workflow. I would highly recommend ADP WorkforceNow as a timekeeping/payroll software due to the easy-to-use software.

Pros

Intuitive web-based software that I have found easy to use across users of all types. As a manager that approves time cards on a regular basis, I found that it's easy to find what you're looking for. For example, if you want to adjust a time card, simply click on the employee's time card, and go to the appropriate day that you want to adjust the time, and click "add row," "delete row,", etc. OR simply adjust the time as needed in each box - it's as simple as that. I also liked the calendar-based PTO request form - simply click on the date(s) that you want to schedule for PTO, Jury Duty, etc. and it will mostly populate the request form with the date(s) you selected. There's also a variety of reports you can run in which you can select your criteria so provide the right report you need.

Cons

One con is when you are "acting on behalf" of someone else, the menu looks a little different than your normal dashboard screen, but it's nothing major and you quickly get used to the functions. Also, it can be a little tricky to find out each team members time off scheduled as you have to dig into the menu a little deeper. But as you use the software more, you quickly become accustomed to where to go.

Andrea

Offers associates access to payroll from anywhere

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

WorkforceNow allows our associates to have access to their payroll information electronically so that they don't have to save their paper paystubs and then try to find them when they need them.

Pros

I like the fact that our associates have access to their payroll information from anywhere and it's immediate access once the "process" button is pressed.

Cons

There are not enough generic reports for Admins to run. It's also sometimes difficult to find some of the yearly information that we need to give to our Leadership or Associates.

Paylocity

FOUNDATION

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

More features at the time
Hannah

Going on 2 years as a satisfied customer.

Reviewed on 9/2/2017

ADP's WorkforceNow platform has made a significant difference in our daily payroll and reporting process. The benefits and ACA tracking alone saves us hundreds of hours a year and keeps us inline for compliance in these areas. The platform is easy to use and when something new is needed the Customer Service Center is always available to walk us through the process or set up training if needed. Maintenance is scheduled during late evening hours so there is never an inconvenience to our business and I have yet to encounter a system glitch or problem, which is a great comfort. We operate in multiple States with multiple local tax jurisdictions and ADP's WorkforceNow platform, customer service website and Client Services team streamlines the set up and additions that we need regularly.
The paydata batches are easy to set up and use and the avalibility of making employee changes while working on a payroll is very helpful. You can click on an employee while in the payroll paydata sheet, give a raise increase, change tax withholding, or change a work location and click right back to the payroll paydata sheet and continue. This is a great function that we use constantly. I have a great many reasons to be thankful that my company uses ADP's WorkforceNow and I highly recommend it.

Pros

Easy of use, availability of training and helpful customer service.

Cons

Would like to see standard and sample reports have explanations. You have to open each report to see if it is what you are looking for and this can be time consuming. A brief explanation of what the report covers or a snapshot template of what the report run looks like would be helpful.

Response from ADP

Hannah - thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product/service. We value your feedback, and I will take your suggestions on reporting to our development team. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to reach out. [email protected] Thank you for being a loyal ADP client.

Steve
  • Industry: Consumer Services

If you have to track your employees time and attendance and manage payroll...

Reviewed on 26/9/2019

- I am only a user and I can only comment on my usage for logging-on, punch-in's and punch-out's and creating time reports for myself.
- I know that the system is used to track time for submission to ADP who then generates paychecks and direct deposits.

Pros

- It is easy to use once you navigate around a bit.
- It allows you to create reports for yourself of the time you put in.
- Reports are acceptable to Social Security for compliance verification.
- There is an APP for smartphones.

Cons

- Sometimes, if you go to a particular screen or function, it is difficult to find your way back to the screen that you started from.
- The browser "back" function does not work as you would expect.
- Sometimes it warns you that it cannot run because there is another active instance, even though you have signed-off and closed the tab earlier.
- It may require the complete clearing of your browser cache to fix previous problem.
- It forces you to change your password at regular intervals, even if you don't want to.
- If you have trouble entering your password, it will invalidate your account and force you to use the password reset process.
- If you forget your password, the process to reset it is cumbersome, finicky and prone to failures or rejections.
- It remember too many previously used passwords when changing passwords.
- It determines new password validity based on previous passwords and use of similar new passwords is very strict and often denied.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I've used ADP WorkforceNow for the past 15 years, over three jobs...and it keeps getting...

Reviewed on 13/3/2019

I really appreciate the stability and ease-of-use with ADP WorkforceNow. I know that no matter where I work, as long as they use ADP WorkforceNow, I already know how to handle my needed administrative tasks. Whether I need to request new time off, see my paycheck or set up my benefits, I know that I can get my needed tasks taken care of in as few clicks as possible, so that I can quickly get back to my job. I would recommend ADP WorkforceNow to anyone that needed a robust HR admin software system.

Pros

I've been using ADP WorkforceNow for payroll and tax information for the past 15 years and I'm constantly impressed with how seamless the ease of use is. I have my account set up to receive an e-mail when my paycheck is available, and it's reassuring to know that that e-mail will be there around midnight on payday. The last two places that I've worked have also used ADP WorkforceNow for time off requests and Benefits setup. The time off request process is so straight forward and it is easy to manage my requests. I can put new requests in and manage (delete or edit) existing requests with just a couple of clicks. Using ADP WorkforceNow has taken one less stressor out of managing my paycheck and time off requests at my workplace. Also, the Benefit setup process is streamlined and easy to go as fast or as slow as needed in order to make sure I'm making the right decisions for my circumstances.

Cons

At my previous job, any approved time off requests would be sent to my calendar as a meeting request from ADP WorkforceNow. This was a great feature, as it automatically blocked my calendar for me. That feature does not seem to be available at my current company and it would be nice if it was just standard, no matter what company used the software.

Robin

WFN Review

Reviewed on 9/2/2017

I have almost 20 years experience using ADP - paper, several versions of Enterprise, and WFN. The system has a lot of plusses, but I miss some functionality I had with the older version - my biggest 'loss' is the ability to 'hover' over a field and get the field name used for reports. Cust Service seems to be out sourced now, calling in for support is hit or miss - I prefer speaking to someone locally who is an expert on the product, instead of someone reading prompts from a script. Still better than other products - but since changing from a company that was an ADP national account to a smaller company using a regional account, there is a definite difference in support. I don't think my new company was guided well in setting up their product - they had no experience with ADP, and didn't know what to ask. New regional rep (Anthony) has been very helpful, as well as the experts at the ADP conference last fall.

Pros

Reputation, reliability, convenience

Cons

version updates/changes can be frustrating - you learn a product and get used to it's functions, and they change how it works. REALLY would like to get back the ability to hover over a field and find the field name used in Custom Reports - total time waster having to search for something either in the pdf file or through the thousands of choices in the catalog.

Response from ADP

Robin - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product/service. I am sorry your experience has been inconsistent. We have not outsourced any part of our Customer Service, but we do provide support within and outside of the US. Please reach out to me. I would love the opportunity to assist you with whatever you need. [email protected]