ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Jessica
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Simple features

Reviewed on 30/8/2020

overall a good program and super user friendly. I've had people tell me they enjoy this more then the previous program we used.

Pros

easy to use features, end user friendly, creates easy recruitment, great outsourcing amazing appearance

Cons

customer service is a little lag and needs more features that's all the negative I've got on this one

Abe
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

ADP keep doing great things

Reviewed on 7/2/2024

Pros

the ease of use and the no worries with compliance

Cons

I don't have any cons yet. The product is well thought through

Wil

Never in my wildest dreams

Reviewed on 28/8/2023

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined the nightmare of working with this ‘company’. It’s like wrangling together children in the playground. The complete unprofessionalism that I have gotten by ADP workforce on the go. I Have requested year end documentation so I can continue my payroll with my new provider… it’s been over 6 bi-weekly payroll cycles and I’ve yet to receive them. I have a signed document from them CLOSING OUR ACCOUNT DATED BACK IN JULY, it’s now almost September and they were charging me. I’ve now had to take them to collection through my bank and lock them out of my account so no further withdrawals can happen. Can’t wait to wake up from this nightmare and spread the word that this so called company is just the absolute worst and I will make it a part time job to make sure I tell EVERYONE I can and the all the small businesses circles I run in… DO NOT USE ADP!!!

peter
peter
  • Industry: Entertainment

Multipurpose

Reviewed on 18/2/2024

Pros

Everything for work under this app for my other job

Cons

Actually there’s not much that I don’t like about this app

Nicky
  • Industry: Textiles

ADP is helpful if you use it correctly

Reviewed on 12/4/2024

Pros

I liked that I was able to access my attendance and request off. I can track my hours, and payroll.

Cons

I didn’t like that when it was time for W-2 you can’t access it after you no longer work for the company.

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Implementation Failure & Fraudulent charges

Reviewed on 23/1/2024

I consider the actions of ADP to be on the verge of fraudulent and at the very least negligent. When we attempted for months to resolve issues we were told we did it wrong. The issue was ultimately only resolvable by a person on their end. Once it was resolved it resurfaced 3 months later. Now they are only willing to refund 50% of the fees. This leaves more than $20,000 in fees on us due to incorrect setup. We are considering legal action and are interested in other companies with similar experiences.

Pros

We liked the ability to have all documents and info in one place for an employee.

Cons

Continual glitches and resurfacing of problems that have ben "fixed". Implementation guidance was basically non-existent or totally incorrect. We suffered through ADP employee turnover that led to incorrect setup which led to thousands of fees that were inappropriate.

Lindsay
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

All in one!

Reviewed on 18/2/2024

Pros

Everything in one spot! Easy to download paystubs and very organized

Cons

Had some issues getting some employees enrolled but was easily remedied.

Sujata
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The Best Payroll platform

Reviewed on 3/4/2024

Pros

The ease of use. The UI is very user friendly and can track multiple months payc

Cons

It’s very easy to track time , vacation and tax slips.

Lauren
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Organized and user friendly

Reviewed on 20/2/2024

Pros

This system is great to work with both on the web and using the mobile app. Nice layout and information is easy to access.

Cons

I don't have any complaints working with ADP Workforce Now. I would recommend it to other users.

Tiffany
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

quick & easy in a virtual world

Reviewed on 10/4/2024

Pros

How easy it is to pull up pay stubs & tax statements in a remote, paperless, direct deposited world.

Cons

there’s not much I can say I don’t like about ADP

Kym

ADP

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

After the implementation process, as painful as it was, the system seems to be a little smoother and working correctly. Still finding some items that are needing fixed from the lack of attention from our previous account managers.

Pros

ADP has automated several process that used to be manual.

Cons

The implementation process was very difficult and lasted over a year. It took almost a year to find a good Account Manager. The continued updates. Just seems that every week I go in and something has changed. The ACA reporting is still a little clunky.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

CDK was sunsetting their program. ADP and CDK used to be one in the same therefore we were under the impression that ADP would have more dealership experience when it came to payroll.

CDK Global

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Again because we were under the assumption that ADP had more dealership experience when it came to payroll because they used to be a part of CDK (which is a dealership accounting software).
Nicholas

good for users, bad for admins

Reviewed on 23/9/2019

decent platform but we switched to a more local provider just because of the level of service and ease of setting up new departments(properties). I'd recommend ADP for a larger company that may have some more pull in getting what they need, not a smaller company

Pros

Easy to use for all employees, big company, so a lot of the kinks in the software were ironed out a long time ago. Employees know the ADP name and the system can be easily trained and implemented to new hires

Cons

our company does property management, which means we need different "departments" (aka properties) under the umbrella management company. It tooks us upwards of 6-8 weeks sometimes to have a new property set up in the system. We always got routed to different departments in ADP with little feedback/response until we escalated the issues out of sheer frustration.

Paycor

cost and ease of use

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

ease of setting it up and promised a good customer manager.
Karen
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

HRIS System

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall my ADP Workforce now experience has been excellent.

Overall my ADP Workforce now experience has been excellent.

Pros

ADP provides useful modules for the HRIS needs. The Payroll, HR and Benefits management modules are most useful and critical for our needs. Our dedicated support person is top tier and very helpful. Not always something that smaller companies can find. We are fortunate to be a PE firm and have that additional ADP support.

Cons

Each module costs and can be pricy. Modules should be bundled and priced accordingly. Also once you buy a module, it seems like the transition to implementation drops off until you remind them you want to move forward with implementation.

Dayforce HCM and Paycom

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Ultipro is not as supportive and does not have the functionality of ADP.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Previous knowledge of system and not paying for something we wouldnt use.
ALEX
  • Industry: Automotive

ADP WorkForceNow disregards the "little guy"

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

One of the worst software experiences I've ever had. We were promised a 2 month implementation, it ended up taking well over a year to get fully set up. We have gone through 10 different account managers on the ADP end and have to restart every time a new one comes into the picture. The software is old and outdated, very complicated to use. Overall, the only reason people flock to ADP is for their "brand name". In terms of ease of use, functionality, and other features that smaller payroll companies offer, ADP WorkForceNow is extremely lacking

Pros

WorkForceNow does have a ton of features. They're great features if you can figure out how to use them. Don't expect a rep t help you learn if you're a smaller (less than 500 employee) company.

Cons

The platform is extremely old, confusing, and clunky. It looks like a web 1.0 portal and is extremely complicated to use. You basically have to have an employee that dedicates 100% of their time to learning their platform. Customer service is also atrocious unless youre a huge company.

Cristiano

Custom solution to fit any business size/type.

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

We switched from Paychex to ADP as we outgrew the Paychex platform. Happy with the switch, despite the occasional headache.

Pros

I like that ADP gives you complete control over all aspects of HR & Payroll within workforce now.

Cons

Because it is so customizeable, there can be issues getting feaetures working or fixed. Also, the sales and implementation team are hard to get ahold of once paperwork is finalized. They seem to disappear and work on their own schedule without feedback, regular updates on progress, etc.

Gusto and Homebase

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Paychex was more "on rails" and didn't allow some customization that we needed. Also, their time & attendance app was terrible. I spent more time fixing time clocks than anything else.

Paychex Flex
Joshua
  • Industry: Machinery

JNM Rise Inc. - ADP Work Force Now

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Truthfully it has not been that bad for time management and processing payroll. Do I wish there were more customization options? Absolutely. Work Force Now has its limitations, and for this reason I have begun exploring other HRIS options.

Pros

The set up of the software was fairly simple to perform. We transitioned to this HRIS software from Ceridian in the hopes it would offer more of what we were looking for in transparency with our team, tools for better personnel management to our leadership team, and overall ease of use with our employees. A large decision for us too was that we wanted to move away from paper, and ADP offered a completely paperless option which we really appreciated.

Cons

While they claim to pride themselves on customer service, the ADP team have been less than helpful on multiple occasions. That's not to say this is the case for all employees, in fact, some have gone way above expectation and I am grateful for that assistance. Others, have been difficult to work with and have even gotten frustrated with myself when calling in for assistance.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

I chose Work Force Now because many in my network suggested it was the software of choice. After less than 2 years, I am now exploring other options that better suit my organizations needs.
Phillip
  • Industry: Veterinary

ADP User

Reviewed on 27/11/2020

My overall experience has been excellent. Their customer service is knowledgeable and skilled. I do not wait long when I need to reach them. They have been critical to my business navigating the COVID-19 crisis. I would have made countless blunders if not for their HR and accounting departments knowledge of the COVID guidelines and policies. Very impressed with ADP and will continue to use them in my office.

Pros

Everything is very seamless and contained. The tabs are self-explanatory and easy to navigate. You can gather all the info you need for an individual from the same page. Quick and easy to learn. Processes that can be cumbersome on other systems flow smoothly with ADP's system

Cons

I do not have any cons. Minor things that I wanted improved in the past have all been handled with periodic updates and patches.

Gusto and TriNet

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

My business has used ADP for quite some time and I briefly considered other companies in late 2019. The COVID-19 assistance I received throughout 2020 from ADP has solidified my satisfaction and I am no longer entertaining offers from any other payroll company.
Carmel
  • Industry: Insurance

Very Easy to User Management System for Benefits & Payroll!

Reviewed on 8/10/2021

Overall ADP Workforce has been an instrumental tool in helping me stay in compliance with my business and also to keep my business records up to date! Extremely please with the software!

Pros

I love the fact even for single user business it is very innovative software that really streamlines my payroll needs. The support team is outstanding if I run into any issues I can always count on them for help! I also love the fact that I can manage my account remotely from my cell phone!

Cons

The price is rather high but I guess it comes with perks. ADP Workforce offers so many other features that is not available in other payroll software programs. I love the reporting features which helps me stay on top of my business.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

The software with Quickbooks was very complicated and hard to follow.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

The support team was amazing! The features in the product match my business needs better!
Cynthia
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

WFN Review 2018

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

Overall experience with WFN platform has been very good.

PS: I miss being able to go to ADP...

Overall experience with WFN platform has been very good.

PS: I miss being able to go to ADP locations for "live" training. Especially for reporting! I know that the WFN reporting is very strong and I am not using to it's full ability. I am more of a hands on learner vs. webinars and learned a lot by attending ADP classes for training in THIS area in the past. (Hint, hint - Smile)

Pros

Love having everything on the same platform; payroll, benefits, T&A, and reporting. For the most part I love the ease of using the product. While updates are important to stay compliant and current with needs they create havoc with current setup.(growing pains!) I have been using ADP products since 1990 and this platform is by far the best and easiest to use. Love the training bites on the top of pages.

Cons

I only have cons with specific areas of WFN updates and not the overall WFN platform.
1. Time & Attendance - Current update of moving hours to payroll we lost that the function where the system will stop the import to payroll if there are exceptions and either make you acknowledge the exception or delete from the time card. Example: A manager approves a time off request for a closed pay period. The hours flow to the current pay period. Since it is just hours (because in wrong pay/time period) there are no dollars. When doing a payroll reconciliation we tie hours & dollars. When it's a company of 400 employees this is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I'd rather be stopped and asked to note the exception before I can import.
2. There needs to be more flexibility with the restrictions within time and attendance. Example: We want to restrict an employee to only being able to swipe in 5 minutes before the start of their schedule. If they are 5 minutes late I don't want them restricted; they should be able to swipe in even if they are an hour late. (The old ETime allowed this and it was very helpful in controlling OT because employees had to immediately go to a manager to get permission to start or stay later than their scheduled time vs. seeing the next day when reviewing time cards)
3. Wage & Garnishment - Need easier reports to get what is needed

Shikha
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions

Reviewed on 30/4/2019

Our company’s overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company’s HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc.
This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using this software for almost 5 years now and the experience has been amazing. The entire application is user friendly and easy to manage with a supportive customer service.
It also facilitates our employees to register into the system whose paycheck has been processed once and they can view their paystubs online, which reduces our burden of sending the paystubs separately.
The entire process of payroll including the tax processing, sick time filing (if applicable), PTO management etc. is simplified through this application.
The benefit enrolment/waiving process is also easier with all the documents placed under different sections of the consultant’s file.

Cons

The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.

Sarita
  • Industry: Banking

Workforce Now -Better but still needs improvement

Reviewed on 10/2/2017

I have been an ADP Practitioner since August 2012. Within each upgrade our processes seem to improve on efficiency and accuracy thanks to the updates made. We have however had some issues in terms of "user-friendly" that while are small in nature, they do create inconvenience for our associates.

1. Message Center - I believe it was V10 I really enjoyed our Message Center - having the action arrows available was quick and easy. In the next upgrade it changed to a check, an X and three little dots. While this is convenient, not everyone can see these options on their screen unless a)they zoom in, or b) they scroll down - scroll right - scroll back up. It's just a headache.
2. Time off - this is helpful but still having some issues. We round to the nearest quarter and at this time it is rounded to the nearest minute. Also within time off request, anytime the policy or reason code is changed the hours zero out. We used to be able to submit a week for vacation on one line, it would appear a 5 days x 8 hours and submit. If we wanted to each day individually we had that option as well. Now it's all individually so each line must be manually updated. Very inconvenient.
3. Reporting - The ease of reporting has improved so much I would just assign 5 stars for that! Sadly I have been calling and attempting to build a report that retains an associates work history and still to no avail.
4. Client Service - For the most part the reps I have spoken to have always been very polite. As far as knowledge of a particular module it can vary from person to person so some frustration can occur when seeking an answer for an issue. Also turnaround time on open cases can be way longer than expected, while some never even respond.

All around I truly love this product. In terms of what we need I do like Workforce Now very much. We look forward to all upgrades and improvements that they bring.

Pros

As a practitioner the options within the modules has been fairly easy to setup. It has the capacity to do so much more than we are doing in our department currently, and the introduction of ADP Mobile has elevated the service to our associates.

Cons

Ease and functionality could be improved. Again minor things but do contribute to the overall experience.

Response from ADP

Sarita - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. I would like to connect you with someone who can assist with each of the items you outline below. Please reach out to me directly and I can set something up. [email protected]

Katy
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

We did not have an HRIS, so overall using ADP has been a huge improvement over spreadsheets.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

Pros

1. Flow from ADP payroll to ADP Retirement Services
2. The upgrades to WFN have been beneficial
3. I like being assigned an OE Specialist for my benefits open enrollment.
4. Employees can print their own W2 form; self service options
5. I do like the customer service specialist option if I have a difficult or complicated issue

Cons

1. Pulling data from payroll and benefits using reports is difficult
2. The customer service reps (not the specialists) seem to have a route to handle an issue. By the time I am calling I have narrowed down some possible solutions and instead of listening to where I am in the process the CS rep seems to start at the beginning and goes through solutions I have already tried. They make suggestions or try things that I know are not going to work.
3. There are times when I don't know what I don't know and in setting up something in ADP I do not know what the ramifications are of a decision I have made. Ex: I should have signed up with ADP Retirement Services at the beginning of the year, not the 3rd quarter because when running end of year reports I was missing pertinent data because the deduction codes for the 401k plan were changed to new codes. Didn't seem like a problem at the time, but for my end of year processing it has been a nightmare.
4. I wish the portal page/log in page was more dynamic in order to create a more interesting home page
5. I do not always find answers or help on the Support Pages. Ex: how to set up my employees in a new HSA account.

Response from ADP

Hi Katy -

Thank you for providing a review of our WFN platform. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP! I am sorry to hear you have had some less than stellar experiences so far and would like to connect with you more on them. Please reach out to me directly: [email protected]

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara

Efficient payroll processing with ADP Workforce Now

Reviewed on 15/3/2023

Overall, ADP Workforce Now is a comprehensive HR management solution that provides reliable and efficient payroll processing, customizable features, and excellent customer support. While it may be challenging for some users to navigate its reporting features and may not be cost-effective for smaller businesses, it is a solid choice for larger companies seeking a comprehensive HR management software.

Pros

The software provides a wide range of features to manage employee data, benefits, payroll, and compliance.One of the standout features of ADP Workforce Now is its user-friendly interface. The dashboard provides quick access to all relevant information and tasks, making it easy to navigate and complete tasks efficiently. The software is also highly customizable, allowing us to tailor it to our specific needs and preferences.The payroll processing feature is also a major advantage of ADP Workforce Now. It provides accurate and efficient payroll processing, which is essential for any HR management software. The payroll module is comprehensive and includes features like time and attendance tracking, tax filing and compliance, and direct deposit options.Another pro of ADP Workforce Now is its excellent customer support. The support team is knowledgeable and responsive, always providing quick and effective solutions to any issues or questions we have encountered.

Cons

One of the cons of ADP Workforce Now is the complexity of its reporting features. The software provides a range of reporting options, but navigating and creating custom reports can be challenging for users who are not experienced in HR management.Additionally, the cost of ADP Workforce Now can be a bit high for smaller businesses, which may make it less accessible for those with limited budgets.

Virginia
  • Industry: Insurance

ADP Workforce Now Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

ADP Workforce Now has been a great learning experience. I love how easy it is to reset users log in information from the administration side and how ADP recognizes users based off personal information. This comes in handy when needing to pull historical payroll data.

Pros

ADP is very easy to use and I love how they have a built in training platform that can train you as you use the system. There are little information bubbles that you can hover over that will give you insights to the features and updates as they are release. ADP is expanding who they will integrate with which is wonderful because you can have several other systems integrated to the payroll system which makes for seamless processes. I really enjoy using ADP Workforce Now, it's very easy to use, pull reports, and run payroll. The system is very intelligent and won't allow you to hire individuals with the same personal information, which is very important for auditing purposes. Overall, great system to use.

Cons

The three cons I have about ADP Workforce Now is the reporting is difficult to use if you don't know what exactly you need when pulling data. The support team is very slow and sometimes too busy to prioritize your issues if you're a smaller organization vs. a larger organization. The last con is that the system is not customizable, so if you need a form or process customized to fit your company's needs, I would suggest a different system that is more customizable.

BambooHR

Cost and ease of use
Margaret
  • Industry: Consumer Services

2+ User of ADP/WorkForceNow

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

The most significant benefit for our organization is the reduction of paper flying between facilities. As our managers have become more and more comfortable with WFN we've been able to move away from paper to electronic delivery and processing. The biggest time saver, and I believe improvement in communication, has been using the on line time off request function. This year end we will also be implementing electronic delivery of W2s.

Pros

WFN is, for the most part, intuitive for day to day operations. Time clock adjustments, change of status, report production -- the daily interaction and typical use is easy to learn and to train on. When I have a problem or something I'm not familiar with customer service support, especially the reporting group, is very patient and helpful.

Cons

The constant "updates" cause problems. It seems these are done over weekends so when I come in on Monday it's not uncommon to run into unexpected delays; what worked on Friday doesn't work Monday morning. As an example, the most recent update required a code for Health Care Eligibility Date in the Tax Section of the New Hire module. It was impossible to locate this code and required a call to customer service. Unfortunately my account manager was only vaguely familiar with this new requirement and it took about 20-minutes on the phone to work out what was needed, the 'why' of the need and what the random code signified is still not clear. The frequency of the updates along with the scope make it difficult to keep up.