JobNimbus

The Most Flexible & Easiest to Use Home Services Software

4.6 /5 (430 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.5
William C.

Good, but not great

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

Overall this platform did what it said it would and did help us move our business from analog to digital. However, it just wasn’t robust enough for us in the end. We moved to Acculynx.

Pros

Pricing/proposal templates were easy to use and easy to customize. Loved the mobile app, especially a big fan of the called ID feature. Robust, useful sales tracking report system.

Cons

At the end of the day, JobNimbus just didn’t have enough features to justify the continued expense. The other nail in the coffin for us was the lack of useful in a Gratian with our accounting software.

Tom S.

Very Fungible.

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Very good..big learning curve for some people, but worth it in the end.

Pros

This software is great for day to day operations, quoting, and tracking of construction jobs. The software is very fungible meaning that you can make it into whatever you need it to be. Took a long time to implement and getting it to fit what we do perfectly but it is possible and it's possible for you too.

Cons

Not a whole lot of cons here. However there were some issues with syncing with QuickBooks that we had to work through. Also there is a huge limitation in the products and services catalog if you want to build one. We run into issues with character limits when syncing with QuickBooks online. QuickBooks online allows a 100 character limit and jobnimbus only does 31. there's a very long work around to this to maximize the character limit in QuickBooks online, however it means in putting the same product or service 3 times into the system. This would be eliminated and or fixed if jobnimbus would remove there 31 character limit in their product and service name.

Angel R.

Simple, Affordable and Easy

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

I don’t feel the need to look for other systems. This one has all I need and I can easily look past some quirks

Pros

Simple to set up
Quick
Always improving
Easy to navigate
Easy to teach others

Cons

Need easier integration with Quick Books
Sending emails is not user friendly
Reports could be easier to set up and use
Some naming of sections are not intuitive

Luis B.
Industry: Construction

I’m becoming frustrated with the lack of features I need and the poor customer support

Reviewed on 20/1/2020

Overall experience was good for the first two years but as my business grows, needs grow as well and this is where I’m finally needing the real help. But it’s not being provided.

Pros

Very affordable, easy to use for what it has, quick, very customizable,

Cons

I wish it had options to be more marketing oriented than a pure project management software. I’m so frustrated right now because I don’t want to leave them but I need a lot of features added or customized and the support hasn’t been good. I hope they would be able to dedicate me more time over the phone rather than just a tedious back and forth by email that may take days for me and them to figure out my needs. I never received an one on one onboard call. I’m not sure if all these support issues are because of the type of subscription I have is not one of the best. I just feel I’m not being heard, helped and cared for. I hope this changes before I switch to job progress.

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Luis,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so sorry that you don't feel that you are being heard. We have escalated this to appropriate channels to get your concerns addressed.

We really appreciate your feedback and suggestions regarding future features as well. Our team is always working on new implementations so our clients can do that much more with their own business.

Have a great day, and thank you again for the review!

Jessica L.
Industry: Construction

A real review from a real consumer

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Pros

The software puts your entire customer and job log in one place. JobNimbus has been a vast boost to our company. The mobile app alone!! 5 STARS! Sales Reps had all of the information right in their pocket, they were able to upload pictures of the jobs while they were onsite plus calls to the office reduced drastically which always makes for more efficient work for everyone. The ease of use has helped every aspect of our business, even the older project managers have no complaints as far as learning the system.

Cons

When an update happens for one company it affects every company. Example: When the update occurred for the reports so only the creator of said report could make changes such as date range etc. < This caused some issues which we then had to create work arounds for.

Scott G.

Great Total Workflow Solution

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

Pros

JobNimbus is a very cost effective solution to manage our daily workflow. It customizes to us versus us having to customize to it. It provides all the main and plain features needed to keep our team connected and efficient through our workflow from start to finish. Works as our CRM and Operational software. Flexible reporting and mobile access are also a big pro.

Cons

Photo reporting would be a great addition. Currently, there is no option to print photos in a report format. Odd, because you can create a report for just about everything else.

Matt S.

Just use JobNimbus

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Excellent. Just get set up & use this CRM. You will not be disappointed.

Pros

Love the support & options to make this fit exactly what we want.

Cons

A few little tweaks, but the support staff is aware & working on them. Thank you.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Matt!

Jim A.

Great job tracking functions

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

Prior to using any sort of job management software, we created proposals in word and invoices in excel. This made for double data entry, clerical errors, and invoices going unpaid due to inability to easily track progress.

Pros

The ability to quickly and easily create, modify, send, and track estimates and invoices. There are a TON of other functions that our office does not make the best use of, but it's nice to know they are there if we decided to change our procedures.

Cons

I'd like the ability to further customize the estimates and invoices general templates. The way the items lay out on the page isn't always ideal. Also being able to change font, bold or underline within an item description would be great.

Jenna B.
Industry: Construction

A great start to bringing software into your company

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

Great. Cost-effective. Easy to use. Great support. The questions I had were answered well and within a reasonable amount of time. Definitely worth a try for any small-mid sized remodeling company.

Pros

We looked at a lot of programs to help try to manage our customer projects. We were a strictly paper and word of mouth operation. Job Nimbus is allowing us to slowly change and monitor our practices. We've been able to secure a better sales pipline and keep better tabs on our accounts receivable and outstanding. It's hard to teach old dogs new tricks. Which is why I love that we can use what we need and ease into other areas. Not to mention it is far cheaper and the video instructions made it easier to set-up.

Cons

The mobile app is not my favorite. I would love if they just scraped it and started over. It works well but the design, in my opinion, is not as aesthetically and functionally attractive.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Jenna!

For the mobile app, you'll be pleasantly surprised to know that we are very much already deep in the process of giving our mobile app a fresh coat of paint to standardize the UI across all pages and functionality, as well as doing performance updates, bug fixes, and increasing the general usability. Be on the lookout for updates to the mobile app coming your way soon!

Kate B.
Industry: Construction

JobNimbus--An app with heart and great potential

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

Pros

The best thing about JobNimbus is the staff behind it. The customer service is outstanding. They listen, have common sense and follow-through. They set reminders and get back to you even it it's a lengthy matter. Because of this, JobNimbus can't help but succeed. As far as the app goes, we love the way it syncs with our sales reps mobile phones in the field.

Cons

Our company does not take advantage of the capability of syncing with Quickbooks. Because of this, many automations that would be available because of the syncing are not. As a result, I have to do a lot of manual status updates. I've run into several bugs which staff has quickly addressed.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Lisa G.
Industry: Construction

Wonderful program but a couple points of constructive criticism

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

Positive. It's one of the best systems I've used by design. It's simplistic by nature but offers multiple options on how to utilize the information as well as allowing all the information to be easily accessible to all employees .

Pros

It keep everything centrally located and easily accessible. It's syncing capabilities with QuickBooks and Gmail as well as the other programs that are pivotal to our company. It easily converts the information entered into different forms i.e. estimates, invoices, and it's design is user friendly.

Cons

My biggest concern and complaint about this program is the glitching. For example, it often has long load times whether it be looking up a contact, saving anything, converting estimates into invoices, etc. It will reuse invoice and estimate numbers and not tell you that it's a duplicate number until it's complete and you're trying to save it. It also won't allow you to enter multiple people with the same name, i.e. James Smith. These are a couple examples of things that I feel if addressed and corrected will enhance the program as well as strengthen the efficiency, and support the effectiveness of an already very useful and easily used system.

Brenda C.

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Creating reports is awesome. We can get our information immediately and understand the state of our company and to know what decisions to make.

Pros

User-friendly, easy to use and to teach people how to use it.
Reports

Cons

Don't like how the notes don't follow a thread. Each time that someone replies to a note it goes to the top instead of under the note that they are replying to. This is annoying because there can be 10 notes between the note you are replying to and your reply so following is confusing.

Alexis K.
Industry: Construction

Job Nimbus is very beneficial!

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

Everyone having access to online files negates a lot of unnecessary questions and gets everyone one the same page a lot faster then everyone having a different part of a very large paper file. Over all communication is easier and also open for all in Job Nimbus, it benefits us greatly when referencing different segments of our daily activities.

Pros

This platform is easy to learn, use, and incorporate into everyday functions of business. Helps keep an ever lasting digital file for customers and assists in communication amongst team members. Admins are able to edit features to fit our needs as a company and this helps us to optimize how we do business. All around I think Job Nimbus has a great over all design that has helped get away from paper files and has helped to increase communication between team members.

Cons

While Job Nimbus has taken steps recently in this direction, I don't like how jumbled the notes become in a log format its easy for things to get lost in the mix. Job Nimbus has categorized notes which can help to sift through to find the information you need.

Patty N.

Job nimbus

Reviewed on 25/8/2019

Job nimbus has worked really well for our Roofing company. We are able to communicate better with our customers and employees.

Pros

How quickly we were able to transfer over, and the capabilities of the software. I like that we are able to put all forms/docs and pics into 1 job file in one location.

Cons

The sync with quickbooks does not really work.

Joshua L.
Industry: Construction

Jobnimbus helps us accomplish vital tasks every day

Reviewed on 29/3/2019

Pros

We've been using Jobnimbus for about 3 years now and the built in functionality with payments, Quickbooks and job tracking have made our lives so much easier. All photos and documents get uploaded directly from our phones out in the field for sales and invoicing made simple.

Cons

No functionality for e-signatures... Like, we can let customers pay their bills right thought a huge green button on the email, why not have a huge blue button saying "approve estimate." Make it easy for people to say yes to us, then store that on the cloud with everything else...

Response from JobNimbus

Hey Joshua! So glad JobNimbus has been able to help you do some pretty important stuff in your day. We want to keep making that happen, and approving/signing estimates is one of the ways we want to help better.

While you can get your estimates signed directly on our mobile app, the e-signature experience is lacking and our dev team is working to take that experience up a notch. Stay on the lookout for updates to the mobile app and web experience!

Charla K.

Very User Friendly!

Reviewed on 6/5/2019

We have become very organized since implementing job nimbus. I can pull warranties of reports from years earlier now with ease. That makes it all worth it.

Pros

I love the ease and customization that it provides. It’s a very easy program to pick up, and training new employees is very easy.

Cons

While I enjoy the new features the updates bring, I also get irritated at the constant changes and almost daily updates that have to go in before using the program. I will find myself in a hurry to log on in the mornings from time to time, and have to wait due to an update.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Charla!

About those updates, the web update should occur instantly, you shouldn't have to wait for any updates to occur. They should be ready when you log in, and if we push an update while you're already logged in then a refresh on your browser is all you need.

If you have to wait for any update, please contact [email protected] immediately so they can see what the matter is and get you up and running.

Joe P.

Refreshing and uplifting

Reviewed on 29/3/2018

Smoother operation and the ability track maintain and review statuses within the company and help better train our salesman

Pros

I would have to say the most enjoyable part of using this software is the ability to track statuses with reports and of course have a smoother way to documenting and storing customer information

Cons

One of the things that bothers me the most is when looking in a specific job trying to read the notes other jobs that may or may not be related to that job will appear in those notes and I understand by checking and unchecking the related box is what changes that it's still isn't issue in my opinion also a way to integrate Xactimate estimating into it would be useful just my opinion

Response from JobNimbus

Joe,
Thank you for your feedback, and we're so happy to hear about the features in JobNimbus that are working well for you and your team. We also love getting your insight on other points like the notes and the possibility of additional partnership opportunities. We really value insights like these and refer to them when scheduling our next steps and improvements. We appreciate having you in the JobNimbus family! - Emily

Dawn B.

Keeping the Disorganized Organized

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

I Love it. I couldn't live without it in my life. The staff is great. They sent out surveys and followed up on them and took our advice and did software updates. Some of my suggestions made the cut.

Pros

Keeping all info for each of my customers in one place. Just upload and go. I never have to worry about losing or my kids destroying the paper files. I can communicate with other people that are not in my office on files when needed. I don't have to remember every detail about every customer. I just put the notes on the file..

Cons

It functions differently with android and there is still some fixes they can do to help organize things for our company.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Dawn!

We're working daily to make JobNimbus a better tool for you, so hopefully we can cover any and all holes in your process soon!

Richie S.

JobNimbus

Reviewed on 30/8/2019

Good product, the automation features work well. Good experience overall.

Pros

Can be customized to specific needs for our business.

Cons

The way to preview templates when building them. The template options are not fully customizable

Rick S.

Strong improving tool

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Improved our overall coordination between sales and production.

Pros

Ease of use in overall project management.

Cons

Lack of interface with financial management.

Paul A.
Company size: Self Employed

Great service, friendly and thorough!

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

Great would recommend and have and will continue to do so.

Pros

The rep took the time to go over everything they have built out and made sure we understood and has always been there, the reps and their team have been great. They continue to get contractor feedback to improve the app and function and options, the CRM is customizable and they always have videos and support to help.

Cons

I am happy with everything just looking for more features and updates in the future which i know are coming cause they are always working on stuff behind the scenes. So just waiting for them is the only hard part.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Paul! We're also very much looking forward to getting you those new updates :)

Have you checked out time-based automations yet? If not, you can see some cool recipes here to do some new magic to your account: https://support.jobnimbus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024907171-Time-Based-Automations

Edward C.

Love the product

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

Very favorable.

Pros

Flexibility to set up the workflows so we can track jobs through our set process. We have yet to be able to create a report that we wanted for data tracking.

Cons

We recently moved to a new location and this included moving our desktop version of Quick-books to a new computer and that migration did not go well. Now in fairness, I think if we had called JN they might have been able to better prepare us for that move and they have worked with us to resolve the issue. The app version has been lacking but they are updating it all the time and we notice those improvements.

Gordon F.
Industry: Construction

CRM software that's easy to implement and use!

Reviewed on 3/1/2020

Pros

Very easy to set up and customize. It takes a bit of a learning curve to discover what you want to do, but the software is easy to adjust to your company's needs. Customized templates, emails, products, work flows, reports...I really can't say enough about the simplicity of getting off the ground and running. I've implemented SAP at a major company, taking 6 months and untold man-hours, and this is far better and more useful managing your customer interactions. The iPhone and iPad apps are both splendid to work with as well, allowing your sales team to update while on the road.
I looked at some of the competition, JobNimbus was my selection after careful research.

Cons

It took me a while to understand the benefits of entering in information in Jobs, that might be a good onboarding topic for new users.

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Gordon, Thank you so much for your review and feedback! Here's to your continued success with JobNimbus!

Julie K.

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

I am very pleased with Jobnimbus. I love the easy layout they have. The customer service is EXCELLENT. Always gets back with you in a timely manner.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. How you can change things to adapt to your needs for the company. I recommend this software. I know there are many things I am not even utilizing to the fullest potential.

Cons

When an update is given, we don't get notification of what the update is, what changes you have made. It's only when your working in the program will you notice them.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Julie!

For those updates, the vast majority of those you see pop up while in the web app are small bug fixes or performance enhancements, nothing major. For all major releases, new features, and big updates, we will let you know about those both in the app and on our blog at jobnimbus.com/blog/category/updates

Enjoy!

Melanie M.

Love hate relationship

Reviewed on 4/5/2020

I stay because I haven't found anything else that integrates project management, crm and a calendar in one software. But I consider leaving often with the lack of progress on the development side or communication from their development team on what is forth coming. They seem relatively new so I think they have been set on just finding new customers, but without matching growth with new features, they aren't looking at retention very seriously. If you are considering them, check out their https://jobnimbus.uservoice.com/ to see if your needs on specific features will be met.

Pros

Integrated CRM was a big deal, it was hard to find anything else that was a combination of calendar, crm and project manager. This does fill the job of being all in one. The interface is clean and easy to navigate.

Cons

Customer service is actually pretty quick to respond and friendly to deal with BUT they can't do anything. Most of our issues have been limitations to the software and they tell you to fill out a feature request but then the development team completely ignores or doesn't update any of the feature requests. Some requests, that really are basic, have been sitting out there for YEARS with no response on if and when the development team will do them. I also am frustrated with the lack of ability to fine tune what fields and options are used/not used. It is time consuming to create a new project or customer contact because there are a lot of fields and no AI that will help autofill entries based on previous data. Example you might have a dozen customers that all work for the same firm/company but you have to enter EVERY field for that person and their location instead of it trying to suggest similar data for your entry as you start typing.