ADP Vantage HCM

3.0/5

Joel L.

Great payroll software

Reviewed on 21/1/2019

Pros

I love how easy it is to see all of my timecard punches and pay statements on the website. Everything's easy to locate and use.

Cons

The mobile app is basically useless as it doesn't even let me view my pay stubs. It's just a blank white screen.

Very Decent HCM Platform From Trusted Brand

Reviewed on 5/3/2022

My overall experience with ADP Vantage HCM has been great, and I am happy that I am able to use it over my previous HCM platform, (which happened to be isolved).

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it has all that an employee would need in order to determine what their benefits situation is, what their paystubs look like, what their PTO situation is, what their direct deposit information is, etc. What I also very much like about this software is that the information maintained within it is updated in real time, such that users would be able to obtain the answers to whatever HR questions they have without the hassle of having to wait for indeterminate amounts of time. Lastly, the app associated with this software is very convenient, stable, and it simple to use whenever one needs access to the platform and they happen to be on the go.

Cons

While I am a big fan of all that this software has to offer its users, there are a couple of minor issues that I find can be worked on by ADP to make the user experience even more friendly. Specifically, I find that having access to an ADP representative via chat would be very convenient, should any questions need to be asked of them, and I would also find it much more convenient if the wait time to reach a representative would be lessened, as it can get a little long at times, (making one have to sacrifice time which could have been spent at work). Lastly, figuring out who the proper person is to speak to, (in terms of customer service), can occasionally get a little confusing, so organizing the phone prompts a bit more such that they would be more understandable would be appreciated. Other than those aspects, I really am a big fan of this software, as it does live up to its expectations the overwhelming majority of the time, which is what I am most impressed by.

Gena R.

Payroll system that's robust

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

Make sure to do your research if you are considering ADP, it's a huge company and that comes with benefits but it's important to know where they may fall short in servicing your needs as well.

Pros

ADP can be used for small or large businesses depending on the needs of payroll. What's interesting about the product is that it can be very versatile. The product is very easy to navigate and maneuver once you are trained. They have multiple extensions that you can dig into as well if you are looking to expand.

Cons

I've used ADP with a couple of different companies of varying size and while it's great that it can flex between large and small companies. I found that the customer service was a challenge at both companies. Payroll companies offering a dedicated resource for a contact is really important especially when related to time sensitive matters.

Rohit K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Nice tool for Payroll & Benefits management

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

Fairly good in terms of the product and usage. The UI can be made more intuitive and employee-friendly. Customer service centers need a major overhaul in terms of the overall support model and skillsets employed.

Pros

Fairly comprehensive in terms of features the tool provides for complex workflows for big companies. Like the simplicity and UI for achieving HR-related tasks, especially benefits management. Leave management system also links well with in-house systems and custom timesheet management systems.

Cons

Customer service isn't the best. Generic call centers where the customer service rep isn't aware of your organizational policies around leaves etc. or payroll-related questions. Neither they have the ability to direct you to the right point of contact within your organization. You would expect customer service to be more knowledgeable.

Juanita H.

Work & ADP

Reviewed on 29/3/2018

Pros

Learning how to use ADP was very easy, I manage payroll for my job and I can easily navigate through this system

Cons

I haven’t found any issues using ADP vantage so far, everything has been pretty easy to learn and use.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

This system can work great at time and others total glitches

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

System is visually nice and user friendly. After working in payroll for a very long time I was surprised to see some options not available for such a large company that smaller payroll software companies were able to accomplish. As far as straight forward payroll processing, benefits etc it works well.

Pros

The system has good function and ideally can work well with users as the dashboard is quite user friendly. It can take some time to get use to and learn but when using integrated functions it can server quite useful. There are great measures taken for security which is good but at the same time can be frustrating when admin users have to log in many times everyday. Reports are robust and fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

Many of the integrated functions can cause issues with one another. Unfortunately being so big there are many departments that handle different items and it seems that some departments always seem to say they cant speak to something even though they should know how the integration of one function impacts the area they work in. Still not big on extreme customization this has not changed from when I used them many years ago. Big business as one would think.

Jessica W.

ADP Review

Reviewed on 11/2/2016

Pros

ADP Totalsource is fine to use (which I used with a previous employer) but ADP Workforce (which we currently use now) needs a lot of improvements.

Cons

Customer service - you don't get a designated representative and only get a case number to follow up on issues which isn't helpful if you need to call back. You will explain the same problem to a differenct representative.
ADP Portal - the different systems aren't as user friendly as they should be, different systems do not communicate to eachother correctly if at all and new hire entry takes too long.
Reporting - the custom reporting option is too diffucult to use and when errors are returned you would need to know computer coding to decipher it. Payroll reporting needs a facelift as well.
Payroll - preview takes upwards of 15+ minutes to be returned and can take longer if there is an issue. You are not notified of issues unless you reach out for your preview to be forced through.
Time and Attendance - the layout has not been changed in the 5-6 years that I've used it. Change the format and add new things that the customer has requested. Build out the system more.

• Industry: Newspapers

Too bad Carlos won the proxy fight

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

My overall experience after more than a year of trying to use this antiquated, kludged up POS is that it must be horrendously cheap for anyone to actually decide to switch to it.

Pros

There's nothing to like. This is the most non-intuitive worthless application I've ever had the misfortune of using.

Cons

Where to start? It's slow, it's convoluted, it's completely non intuitive, it glitches for no apparent reason, functions (and I use the term loosely) get randomly locked out at different levels, the defaults originally installed are ridiculous, I could go on and on. This is what happens when you think you're too big to fail. Get it together Carlos or your competitors are going to eat your lunch even worse than they are now.

Eric H.

Extremely useful

Reviewed on 23/5/2019

Pros

I'm able to submit PTO requests and management employee timecards. It has a clear interface. Tracks a lot of useful information.

Cons

From time to time I have to dig to find what I'm looking for.

• Industry: Human Resources

Necessary evil

Reviewed on 3/10/2018

I wish the UX was better, but ultimately, the software does what is intended, ie process payroll, time off, see benefits and have these things communicated to me via my employer.

Pros

It shows me my benefits, pay stubs and allows me to report time off.

Cons

It is clunky and not intuitive to use. There are very basic tasks that I need to do as a user (request time off, look at pay stubs) and each require multiple clicks that often take me to menus that don't allow me to complete the task I want to. Improving the UX would help tremendously.

Kent S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

payroll services

Reviewed on 9/11/2016

We need to define product...IS "product" a piece of software or the service provided by your company or the combination of the two?

The software is excellent. Well written and easy to use and maintain.
The support...Employees change often and when a serious issue needs to be handled, they require me to call someone else.

When a big issue arises you can forget about proper follow through. Any and everyone is willing to drive to my place of business to talk and leave a few free pens and sticky notes. I don't need your pens. I have been raked over the coals on the Work Comp pricing and I can't get resolution. It is so infuriating that I have explained the issue, provided competitor pricing and nothing happens.

I am looking to not only move my work comp to a more competitive company, but I am moving my payroll service as well. Are we a big loss?... Not at all. However, as each of our small companies move away because we aren't "a big fish" you will eventually feel the pain and discomfort of such losses.

All this could be avoided if I could get my questions not only answered, but price changes immediately implemented and credited since it is an obvious egregious over charge and over sight. But no...Too many employees between the customer and the people who can make things happen.

Maybe you need someone like myself that operates a small business to show you how to provide the customer service we want, not the customer service you think we need. We are extremely easy to understand and typically low maintenance. I would think having a lot of small businesses is better than one large business. Better diversification, better profit potential because of the diverse needs of each company would allow you to sell other products line you offer to an even larger customer base.

Sadly, I am sure this review will be seen by the one employee hired to check the email server and forward to another email that is rarely checked. The Regional Manager will continue to stress about his or her employee turnover rate because his/her boss has a cap to stay under or it sets off an alarm that requires them to file a report explaining why customer service ratings are down, new customer sign ups are low, existing customer base is dropping and employee retention is increasing. Their aggravation will be felt by the Regional Manager; who in turn will call or probably email their District Manager, who has limited training on leadership, and they in turn will REACT to their Supervisor instead of taking in the information, assessing it, and creating a measurable plan to actual FIX these issues.

Again, this is probably all for nothing. ADP is doing just fine and close to an all time high stock price. However, over the last 5 years how many new payroll companies have come onto the scene? Does anyone ask why? Job markets have been soft and more people leaving the job market. So...one reason could be OPTION 1: software design. Or maybe...OPTION 2: customer service. I'm going to go with OPTION 2.

Such a simple service to do. Extremely basic and easy to teach and to execute. Customer Service creates loyalty. Take the word customer off and just use the word SERVICE. Think about it..SERVICE. From picking up your groceries or dry cleaning. A smile, good product, and if there is ever an issue, you identify and fix it immediately. That is all most of us ask for from those we live with, work with, and play with. We want our needs met and if you mess up: apologize, fix it, learn from it...repeat.

Meeting the customers needs is much cheaper than all the pens, sticky notes, and coffee mugs that are made trying to project an image. How about instead of projecting the image...BE THE IMAGE! Be the leader in the industry. Be what everyone else looks up to. Since ADP is the world's largest payroll provider the best way to clinch #1 and stay there forever is by beating everyone else at customer service. You have the pricing, you have the software, you have the internal operating procedures already in place. Now put fear in your competitor by making it impossible to meet, much less beat, the service you provide.

I end this review with the same question I started with...IS "product" a piece of software or the service provided by your company or the combination of the two?

Sincerely,

Kent Snyder

Malissa R.

WFN Portal

Reviewed on 13/5/2016

Pros

I like the HRIS and payroll portals. They are pretty consistent with other products out there and is easy to navigate. The new versions are great, especially since they have periodic upgrades with no interruptions. The help definable help, is needed.

Cons

I am not the excited about there time and attendance or their background screening. The time and attendance system has its pros and its cons. Cons to me, are that it can be a bit confusing to manage the CA violations on the time card because it combines all hours on the time card view. For DOT purposes, I need to view total hours for the day, starting at the beginning of the shift to the last clock in, and that is something that I am unable to have done through a report.

Jessica A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A Popular Choice

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Overall, I like using it. A lot of companies use ADP so I have paystubs from two different jobs on file which was confusing for a second but overall is convenient when you need to pull paystubs.

Pros

The quick selection buttons on the home page make for easy navigation over using the navigation bar. Lots of tied in features. For example, you can integrate "my learning" if everyone needs to watch a video or do a quiz, etc. You can also punch in and out, have different work codes, etc, in the same software so it's got a lot of functionality.

Cons

Before we switched to ADP Vantage altogether, we used ADP for work and the vantage portal to log in from home and I consistently had a lot of problems with it. It didn't make a lot of sense why my logins would be different between the two. It seems more streamlined now. The navigation can feel a bit clunky compared to gusto but it has a ton of pages and info which is also nice.

Jackie D.

ADP, pros and cons

Reviewed on 23/3/2016

Pros

ADP is probably the largest payroll vendor in the nations, which is good and bad. It's great because they are experienced with typical payroll processing, human resources and benefits. It's not so good if you are a smaller company or a company with out of the ordinary payroll functions such as agricultural operations and taxes, California "special" tax issues, and the like.

Cons

Although they say their customer service is first rate, we have found it not to be so when it comes to the typical needs such as payroll issues. They have a great team of specialists in Time and Attendance, Reporting, but generally we are on hold at a minimum for 15 minutes, more typically half hour and longer. We have complained and it seems that they are hiring more staff and our calls are responded to more promptly. They also have a great support center and something called the Bridge where users can chat with other users about similar issues.

Lyle R.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

ADP WorkForce Now current version review

Reviewed on 9/11/2016

WorkForce Now provides fields to capture a lot of employee data. In the case of our organization it does require quite a bit of time and manpower on the front end to set up a system to utilize these fields effectively. We issue a lot of equipment to our employees. Much of this equipment has calibration and serial numbers. WFN has the fields to capture this data. The challenge is developing the structure and fields to capture this data. The same is true with the document cloud. Annually our company is required to generate a lot of documents for our employees. These documents need to be retained. The documents include drug tests, background screens, company policies, etc. Structuring the storage of these documents is critical to their ease of accessibility. ADP's provision of an advisor to help develop these structures would be a welcome service.
Open enrollments, benefits administration, and payroll are WFN's strengths. The recruiting and applicant tracking system is not very robust and well behind the technology of other vendors. We recently switched to ICMS.
Customer service in regards to payroll is good but not outstanding. Customer service from the Benefit Service Center is inconsistent at best.

Pros

Payroll, document cloud, open enrollment

Cons

Benefit Service Center performance, Recruiting module and applicant tracking system

Okay

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

My overall experience with ADP Vantage is okay, there isn't anything fantastic but there also isn't anything that I don't like other than what was mentioned above.

Pros

I like the new layout of the website. I like how you can see your pay, time, the amount of hours that you have accumulated. I also like that when you go to see your pay stubs you can expand it and do the calculations on your own and it shows you the exact amount that has been or will be taken out of your check

Cons

What I don't like about it is that when you have something that needs attention you can't fix it yourself.

Shawn K.

The best platform for time keeping, A +++

Reviewed on 25/6/2018

Pros

It enables you to easily enter the hours one has worked for a particular day, you can track your available vacation and sick days. This platform is rock solid, easy to use and the print out one receives after each paycheck is easily understandable.
That is the reason why most employers in the US use it!!!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this application, I have used other applications for time keeping, like Mihi. It makes you appreciate the ease of use ADP offers...

Shelly-ann G.
  • Industry: Media Production

Payroll and benefits Administrator

Reviewed on 7/9/2016

Pros

The ADP platform is very user-friendly. it can make your tasks easier. As for the vendor, one can appreciate their flexibility and willingness to improve based on experiences and client needs.

Cons

What I dislike about workforce now are some of the modules like benefits, the time-off request module, and the new notifications. It is not very flexible. For example, if an employee submits a time-off request that is inaccurate the administrator cannot correct the request without canceling and creating a new request even though it has a view/edit button. Some of the benefit configurations are not easily editable by the administrator and the new notifications module still requires too many clicks to get what one needs. As for the vendor, they can definitely improve on overall customer service and service delivery.

Darlene R.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Acceptable system but customer care is an issue

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

I have worked on the ADP Human Resource Benefits system for over 5 years. As a solo HR practitioner it has been good to have a HCM system, however ADP was selected first for payroll and A/P and time tracking. We have made the system workable for recruiting, performance management, etc. but any customization has been a challenge.

Pros

Would not be able to manage recruitment as easily without the on-line application portal. It has some limitations, but allows for communication with the candidates and automatic transmission of data when an individual is hired. Employee Self Service allows staff to easily change their address, emergency contacts, etc.

Cons

It's difficult to customize in the manner we would like to. For our size company, we do not have a dedicated customer service group so calling in for customer service you get varying levels of competency with the rep who answers the phone. Unemployment compensation services are extremely poor - missed deadlines, lack of response, delays in processing. Would not recommend using this service, ADP outsources it.

Kendra T.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

We have had mostly good experiences with ADP software.

Reviewed on 11/7/2016

Pros

I have found most of the customer service to be outstanding and the programs to be user friendly. For the most part, when I have called the customer service line, I have received prompt and friendly service.

Cons

Unfortunately for the transition of 3 of our company codes, we had a rather negative experience. There were significant transition and year end errors that resulted in a very large amount of extra work on our end that needed to be performed. The issue was brought up to the customer service representative in charge of the account and no action was taken. The issue was escalated to her superior and we did not receive an acceptable response from them either.

We also feel that for the functionality of the software, it is expensive.

Luc L.

Is ADP for your organization?

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Pros

We use mainly the ADP Payroll feature and employee time management. I find the system very dependable, and easy to use

Cons

It can be very difficult to store any data on the site in a portal type setup. It would be worth considering having the data storage capability via Cloud technology. It would be practical to increase the amount of features on the mobile app, to be consistent with those on the desktop application.

Richard R.

Good product with a steep learning curve

Reviewed on 4/1/2020

Once I got passed the learning curve I found the product very useful if you have a lot of ADP services.

Pros

Vantage is basically a hub for all your ADP service that you have like benefits, reporting, and recruiting.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about the product is that it has a very steep learning curve. This is coming from someone who has a lot of experience with this software.

Linda R.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ADP for Employees

Reviewed on 8/5/2018

Pros

ADP is one of many human resource software solutions that I have used. It provides access to all HR functions in one place, allowing employees to manager PTO, required documents, pay statements etc. The one stop solution is very beneficial.

Cons

The solution is not very intuitive and takes awhile to figure out how to navigate. While this is not the end of the world, it can be frustrating for new users.

Julio N.
  • Used for 1+ year

Outdated functionality

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Pros

The only thing I like about it is that they've provided a new interface that helps ease the pain of using it.

Cons

I've always found their PTO request fields clunky. For starters, you can edit your PTO after it's been approved, that's super inconvenient. Then, when you have vacation days that span over a weekend, you have to put in separate requests because it's not smart enough to know that weekends aren't business days! The PTO fields have always been confusing, first you put in the date (or dates) then you need a start time - here we should have an "all day" option for convenience but no one bothered with that - then you enter the amount of hours, which at first I thought was total amount of hours but I learned the hard way it s just the amount of hour per day. Shouldn't a work day be setup by the organization? Because that way the system would be smart enough to know how many hours every time. With an "all day" setting it would make it 8.

Kay M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very Cost Effective

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

Overall, the upgrade to Vantage has been positive. The manager's dashboard is particularly helpful in looking at the overall numbers (employees, hiring, terminations, leaves, etc.) in one place, and comparing the data month to month for planning purposes.

Pros

Fairly easy to use and intuitive, connects the dots for a complete look at an employee and company people numbers.

Cons

Like most software, there are some unique needed codes that don't seem to have a rational reason, but are put in place by ADP to keep their software running accurately.