Avaza

All-in-one, client-focused project management for teams.

4.6 /5 (353 reviews) Write a Review!

• Industry: Design

Project management done right

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

So far it has proven to be a solid solution to keep on top of parallel freelance design projects

Pros

Avaza allows you to manage project of varying degrees of complexity in an organic and logic way. The tasks can be viewed as lists, kaban board or layout out against timeline through gnatt view

Cons

Resource scheduling is not as useful as it could be as it force to schedule a resource for the same amount of hours everyday which is unrealistic

Aron L.

Major Fan

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

So far no software could beat this.

Pros

Everything - Gantt charts, Seamless invoicing & Full project and task management. Also great team management capabilities.

Cons

Wish there was a chrome extension along to easily clock time without visiting the tab.

Grace L.
  • Industry: Design

Great project and resource management tool

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

I've looked into so many project + resource management tools – from Trello to Airtable to Monday.com – and Avaza is the only one that allows me to create projects, estimate hours, manage capacity, and track time in the same platform, without spending a lot of time configuring it. I was able to set up Avaza using a project spreadsheet I had already created and the whole configuration process was pretty quick.

Pros

I love that it combines resources management and project management into one tool. Perfect for small design studios and agencies that need to know if their employees have the bandwidth to take on a new project (it also takes into account holiday/vacation time!). I use Avaza to create project estimates for clients, knowing that I can easily import from a spreadsheet and adjust timeline/dependencies once the project is confirmed. All on the free plan, too!

Cons

The UI could be a bit better-designed. There are some things, like the top toolbar design and the navigation menu for projects, that aren't really the best user experience. But then again, I'm a designer. My only complaint is that it's hard to bulk-edit tasks and it's not possible to do so with CSV import; you can't even select multiple tasks to delete, which can be an administrative time suck if you have a lot of tasks to edit/delete from a project.

Santiago A.

More than a program, it is an experience for the management of your projects.

Reviewed on 13/4/2019

The internal organization is fundamental to be able to fulfill our own goals, and at the same time, with the clients that believe in our commercial offer. Thanks to Avaza we have managed to engage efforts that were not identified to achieve the internal goals, since we implemented it, our level of communication has reached the best levels of communication, which translates into a reduction of time in activities that in the past They took days or even weeks. Since we worked with Avaza there are no missing links of information, we have reached a point that without Avaza it would take years to achieve.

Pros

One of the things that I liked most, is the interface that they offer to all their users, it is the best for those of us who are more visual when working. Another aspect that many do not know but that I love, is to be able to integrate Avaza with other platforms so that the reach is greater, I have managed to move from one platform to the other without losing time or reducing the value that Avaza gives me. Also, the commercial offer they offer is the most competitive, because you can start your venture without sacrificing all the capital with which you account, and being stable you can know the available improvements so that you achieve new goals within your company. Another functionality that I like, is to be able to have a great integration with email, apart, it allows me to monitor all projects and important events for the company, it is a vital support that greatly improves performance.

Cons

It would be unfair to identify negative aspects, because the capabilities that you offer for your work on anything happens, I have reviewed the platform for a long time and to date, I have not found anything that changes my positive perception about Avaza.

Debra H.

Tried over a dozen resource management tools and chose Avaza

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

The more I use Avaza, the more I like it and the more I can see us using additional features.
It's been positive and we're glad to have chosen Avaza over the many other options out there.

Pros

We are a 10 person creative agency and were looking software to help us manage our schedules and resources. We wanted a clear, intuitive interface that would allow in-app communication and file sharing, color-coding to distinguish clients, a calendar view by team member or project view, a tracking of hours against total project budgets. The customer support is fast and friendly.

Cons

Setting up projects and tasks takes a bit of time, but there are robust reporting options that are worth the input time. I also wish that when, on the team calendar view, you dragged a task from (for example) four days to three days that the total hours would stay the same but be spread over a new date range rather than the driver being the number of days with hours/day locked.

Jasmine J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Awesome Gem!

Reviewed on 1/10/2019

Overall, I really love this platform and would definitely suggest to others for their business needs.

Pros

I love that this system provided both time tracking and invoicing elements. This definitely helps with quickly providing clients with project and payment information. I also loooove that when calculating the QYT ( in my case I use it as hours), I'm able to include the exact number of hours instead of just whole numbers ( for example: 3:37 vs. 4 and this software calculates my clients cost per my unit price.

Cons

I really wish there were more payment providers for clients to choose from. It would also be awesome if there was an option for creating client contracts, this would be a great template addition.

Bhavesh R.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

EASE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT

Reviewed on 10/4/2020

Pros

easily manage multiple projects and their tasks, very happy with the interactive UI and the team got hold of it pretty quickly. Also, the task notifications are received by the team member instantly on email. The pricing is good compared to its features and definitely stands out from its competition.

Cons

no way to use offline on pc as its an online web based application

Amy P.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great features and pricing for small startups

Reviewed on 22/5/2019

We are a small, new company with a lot of work to coordinate. We are constantly providing clients with updates on projects and reviewing timelines for deliverables in order to keep ourselves on track. This software allows us to be efficient with our time by seeing where projects are with one quick glance. This also allows either of us to determine if/when we can take on additional work. It has been remarkably helpful to us in a short amount of time.

Pros

This program has all the functions a small business or non-profit needs to get started with managing a variety of projects and tasks. As consultants, we need the ease of invoicing, tracking hours, and uploading contracts for our clients coupled with a single place to manage the tasks of complex project management. It was very user friendly and easy to get started. I especially liked the variety of visual formats, as I like lists and my partner likes Gantt charts. You rarely get all these features in a free version of this kind of software, but even the paid versions are not very expensive.

Cons

I had a little trouble changing the administrator from one user to another. Also, the storage space is not that much, but you can always link to an outside cloud file using the notes section.

Michael T.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Product for Consulting Firms

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Super happy with the experience overall. Great product!

Pros

Product is easy to learn and use. Functionality sufficient for project-driven business that tracks hours and budget at the project level.

Cons

Would prefer to set "favorites" that appear week to week rather than only the option to copy previous weeks. It can get a little tedious with multiple projects (and tasks within projects) as well as internal activities that are intermittent.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Michael, adding the option to pin timesheet rows on week view is high on our product roadmap.

Our product team has added your vote for this feature and will reach out to you as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

Jean-sébastien V.

Saves us so much time

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

It does it all. We can punch our work time, skip from task to task and projects to projects and keep track of everything. The billing then grabs everything automatically so we don't forget to bill anything. We used to have a billing system indepedent of our task system. Bringing these together saves so much time. And we're just 2... We do web marketing and web development for small businesses wich means lots of small clients. Cutting down billing time was a must for our growth.

Pros

Fast and convenient billing
Clear and usefull reports on just about evrything
Convenient time entry
Works well on mobile to enter tasks right after client meetings
Does automatic billing
Can create tasks by forwarding an email to avaza's project email

Cons

Could improve a little bit the customer data so we could also use it has a basic CMS.
Could automate the report sending for weekly KPIs and check-ups.

• Industry: Graphic Design

As a new entrant to the PM field, Avaza promises much. Easy, quick and supportive

Reviewed on 7/3/2018

Pros

Quick to set up.
True Gantt charting AND resource loading - great that we can plan ahead visually.
Nice workflow from quoting to invoicing, without becoming intrusive or cumbersome.

Cons

Still some work to do, but we'll keep station:
Can't for example progress invoice and easily see what's billed/what's left to bill, and you can't add true supplier costs and sell on as margin (they have to be added as expenses which isn't the right method in PM).
Also, for the 65%+ of colour-blind males out there - once you reach your 8 hours, the schedule changes to 'Full'. So far so good. However, go over 8 hours and it changes from green to red - which is extremely difficult to interpret at a glance if you're red-green colourblind. Some UX refinement required here.
What makes this harder is that the number then changes to how many hours 'over' your 8 hour day you are rather than showing either a '-' against the number, or more appropriately just continuing to add up the hours you need to do on that day.
We're sure these are niggles that will be ironed out as the product develops.

Josh A.

Excellent and affordable project management tool

Reviewed on 27/9/2017

This software has enabled our company to successfully manage our client engagements. We can easily track our progress on project deliverables, and can ensure we stay on time and under budget.

Pros

Avaza is an extremely user-friendly project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in one easy-to-use interface (i.e. project tasks, scheduling, timekeeping and expense management, invoicing, reporting, etc.). Their support is also top-notch. The support documentation on their website is very detailed, and the support team is always very quick to reply. In my experience, they have replied to me in just a few minutes when I chat with them using their support tool and they respond very quickly via email as well.

Cons

There are some features that do not currently exist in Avaza, such as the ability to send automatic overdue invoice reminders and the ability to apply detailed permissions to external/client users, however Avaza seems to be working constantly to improve the system and will take your input into consideration when documenting feature requests.

Kevin D.

My Review so far...

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

OVerall, Avaza is nice to use, since it's gives us an overall look and feel of how things should flow

Pros

I like that it's feature rich and I am able to create some projects with Billable stuff, and see how it moves forward to Project Accounting

Cons

Reporting can do a lot of work. The interface is quite slow and limiting. I would want to get an update on faster reporting and creating custom reports

Jacob B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Tool for Any Entrepreneur

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

With Avaza I have better control over the timeline and status of my projects. I love the invoicing and ability to send out the invoices and communications directly from the app.

Pros

Great all in one software. Project management, to do lists, Gantt Charts, customizable reports, even estimates, invoices, and online payments. Can't live without it now.

Cons

Takes some time to customize everything to your personal work style but I think you would have that with any software you use.

I wish that Avaza had a PC app that I could use instead on going online to use it.

Brandon B.

Avaza supports your enterprise

Reviewed on 9/9/2016

Avaza hits the sweet spot in the oversaturated market of project management/billing software. It combines practically all of the competitor features into an efficient & scalable online environment.

Pros

-Invoicing
-Estimates
-Expenses
-Time tracking
-Project management
*Project budgeting
-Reporting

Cons

Avaza makes historical data a chore. It's uneditable and non-removable. I'd definitely like to see improvement in the way historical data is handled. It's a small price to pay for such an amazing platform.

Darek C.

finally I found software what I need

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Pros

as a Contractor I do a lot of projects at the same time. The application allows me to control expenses and working time on each project, which is a huge saving of time. I highly recommend. you can try it for free

Cons

nothing for now.
I have been using the application for a short time and for now I don't see any problems

Erika L.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Project management made easy

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

So far I love the software, I would recommend it to everyone I know.

Pros

The reports are the best! I lead a small design team for a retail company. I needed to measure our productivity in some way and I found Avaza to be the best choice for me. I can set our projects beforehand and assign them to my team members and then print a report with all the information my manager needs ona weekly basis. Reports can be time consuming but Avaza made them simple: just a few clicks here and there and I'm done.

Cons

I didn't find a way to assign the same task to multiple team members. Sometimes we work together in the same task to save time.

Moira B.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Avaza is Amazing!

Reviewed on 18/2/2019

Pros

Avaza is an amazing piece of software that allows me to keep track of ours as well as create invoices for customers. Avaza is extremely fast and concise which makes using it great and efficient. Avaza offers a crazy amount of features that allow my company to reduce the amount of software that we are using and condense it into one program.

Cons

Avaza has been perfect for me, but there is a bit of a learning curve.

Lemuel L.

Amazing! Lots of features and functionality in affordable price.

Reviewed on 28/2/2018

Easy Time tracking
Easy Task Sheduling

Pros

I like most about avaza, specially that I can track my time and schedule my task. also Amazing staff and timesheets control
Invoicing, quotes, payments... All in one place
My clients have access to their projects and documentation all the time, no need to ask for anything
Response to features requests is super fast
Tons of great reports, and you can pre-configure them for your eficiency
reasonable price for what all I get out of it.

Cons

Does not update realtime, no themes, and boring ui.
Maybe a more robust accounting functionality, but hey, the financial to run the business is awesome.
It was a little confusing at first on my mobile until I found the tasks option in the menu. On the desktop it's super easy.

Nick W.

A real standout in the overcrowded task/project management space

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Haven't spent a lot of time managing projects and using various task management tools I was pleasantly surprised by Avaza. It's now my preferred tool where possible and the pricing and support are great.

Pros

It's easy to use (web, mobile apps) and feature-rich interface cover most bases for task and project management at a very reasonable price.

Cons

The reporting could be a bit more flexible and it's not as feature rich as MS Project (although doesn't suffer from its flaws either).

Julissa G.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Facility and Use of the system

Reviewed on 24/11/2016

It's the first that I use this type of system before I did it manually. And the system it's very useful and easy to use. I'm really pleased with it.

Pros

When I have all the details of the activities that I have done during the day, I can know how I'm managing my time and with it, I can be more efficient with my time. Also, I can use the system on my phone, that's very useful.

Cons

It only can be used while you are connected to the internet.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

All-In-One Tool for Team Projects

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

Pros

The project management aspect of Avaza is ideal. I have used varying types of software and while trialing this one out, what stood out to me was the ease of invoicing and tracking project costs and expenses. Generating invoices and receiving payments for projects all in the same place where it is managed is highly convenient.

Cons

It is a web-based tool, which unfortunately means there is no PC/desktop version to utilize when offline, you need to be online to make use of this.

Kira C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great project management software for small businesses

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

Great value for a small business looking for project management software with lots of features.

Pros

Easy to use and set up, so you can get up and running quickly with your projects. Customer support is awesome!

Cons

Mobile app could be easier to navigate. Be aware that advanced integrations cost additional, but that is not a barrier because overall price is affordable.

Mohamed M.

Perfect and helpful for improving our projects scenario and tasks

Reviewed on 12/4/2017

I appreciate this software, easy to use and perfect in results.
with time sheet entry, it arrange my time and reducing my expenses and waste time

Pros

The Ease

Cons

Arrangment

Elizabeth C.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Avaza is really helping our organization to have more accurate and up to date time reports

Reviewed on 31/5/2017

With Avaza we have been able to better organize our projects through our organization in terms of tasks assignments and time accountability.

Pros

I believe that one of the best features of Avaza is the clock that can be activated to record times of your activities while you are performing them from any platform, even from mobile devices. This allows you to have more accurate accountability for the tasks performed.

Cons

I'm still getting to know Avaza, but in general I've liked everything that I've explored so far. I would like to be able to configure my landing page on the tool to have the timesheets view per week as default when I log into the software.