Celtra

Creative management platform for digital advertising

4.5 /5 (261 reviews) Write a Review!

Mareen A.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Celtra Review

Reviewed on 31/8/2018

We can creative super rich media creatives on the fly and have it converted into tags in a matter of minutes. Due to the self service nature we are not reliant on anyone from customer service to action anything for us.

Pros

I really like the UI within Celtra. It is so easy to shift from creative tab to placement tabs and can customise the user access easily.

Cons

The reporting tab can be improved further. Whilst the quick dashboard is helpful, anything custom does tend to confuse the user and feels very basic.

Sean F.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Ad Building Magic

Reviewed on 20/3/2019

Pros

Celtra adopts the best features found in popular creative editing suites, allowing for an intuitive learning experience with a very small learning curve. The Support team is by far and away the best support staff that I've had assist me with a creative editing tool. Not only do they provide insightful feedback quickly, they go above and beyond in applying new thinking and functionality to our ad builds and ideas.

Cons

There are a few things, such as font uploader and discrepancies between the ad builder to and how it renders in the preview environment, but nothing that would impact my recommendation of the software.

Keith W.

Hands down the best ad building platform today.

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Celtra's ability to make as simple or complex an ad as needed. Trackable, quantitative data easily accessed for all parties. Supported across the digital ad ecosphere, Celtra can handle any digital ad experience.

Pros

From a designers perspective its easy to create engaging rich media ad units. From a client management side the ability to get deep granular data easily makes it perfect for both sides of the business, clients and your own.

Cons

The inability to put a subset of custom font characters in a unit to reduce file size. Limited interactive components for the video product. I would also add a way to collapse a unit in the list but not archive it like with a turn down arrow. To help with going through long lists of units in a campaign.

Goran T.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Celtra Review - Fairfax - Goran Tatomirovic

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

It's been pretty hit and miss with Celtra. Love some of the functionality and particularly the reporting however I find the tags so heavy that I am constantly having to answer questions from clients why their ad takes 30-60s to load.

Pros

- Reporting functionality is great
- Creative preview is the best in the industry

Cons

Has significant bugs when it comes to CTR's as often there is a large discrepancy between the ad server and Celtra platform.

I find the tags to be quite heavy compared to other vendors

Response from Celtra

If you're noticing any large discrepancies between Celtra and your ad server, please reach out to support. It's possible these could be the result of a simple configuration issue, but if not our team will work to investigate. We are also consistently working to optimize the performance and weight of our creatives. We would be happy to review any tags in which you've observed high initial load weights so that we can make recommendations as to how to resolve those issues.

Ben B.

Quick, intuitive and fun to use...

Reviewed on 26/3/2019

Pros

As an old Flash designer / developer, I'm a big fan of the new timeline feature, and I also love how easy it is to apply subtle, ambient effects to a creative - these add a lot of instant polish to otherwise mundane scene, and it's very satisfying to see your work suddenly spring to life.

By far and away the biggest selling point for me, though, is the formats themselves - not only have they made rich media more relevant again in the age of programmatic advertising, but they also do a lot of the grunt work for you. With the 'Interscroller' or a 'Universal Miniscroller', for example, the way the ads reveal themselves is so attention-grabbing that you really don't have to do too much more than come up with a strong layout. And in digital advertising (esp. on mobile devices), winning that battle for attention in the first 1-2 seconds is everything!

Cons

I guess this is always going to be a problem with any software that you use through a web browser, but I do miss being able to move all of my windows / menus / libraries etc away from the stage and drag them onto a different monitor.

Alex B.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

I am a designer who builds and codes ad units the builder

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

A seamless ability to create and traffic ad units agnostic of common device pitfalls.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use interface that only requires a browser. The builder is far more advanced than similar offerings in the space. The responsiveness of the whole cloud platform is very impressive.

Cons

Online only, no offline building. If there are connection issues, you are unable to build an ad. Interface is still a bit cluttered despite recent improvements. Code editor is basic and only offers a view of specific instances of JS injection without away to browse the code as a whole. You have to click around a bunch of get into other nested instances. The code editor doesn't have a find and replace option either.

Native interface support for .SVG, advanced shapes, CSS3 filters etc would be nice.

Dave G.

Celtra Overview

Reviewed on 19/3/2019

My team is able to create and implement custom ads with a lot of ease with the Celtra platform. Anything more complicated typically needs to be sourced out but the options available in the platform are good enough that it makes using Celtra a good experience.

Pros

Celtra is a very easy platform to use. It's pretty user intuitive and to create a simple ad with little animation can take a matter of minutes. The logic behind a lot of Celtra's offerings make sense and the workflow makes sense.

Cons

I wish there were more template options in Celtra and ways to build different ads. The offerings right now are interesting but for a system that is so robust, there could be more to offer in terms of creative templates. I also wish there was a seamless way to upload fonts to the system.

Svetlana I.

One of the best advertising tools for creative studio

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Using this tool to create quick ads and elaborate custom builds helps us win business

Pros

It is easy to use with pre-built code to make ads really quickly and seamlessly. Minimal custom work required but is robust enough to handle super custom builds as well.

Cons

Can be costly. Reporting can use improvement as well as an overhaul on how many metrics are in the reporting. There's a lot of duplication and uncertainty about the reporting data.

• Industry: Design

A must-have tool

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

Pros

Celtra's creative ad platform has one of the best UIs I have worked with, encouraging innovation and creativity. The different creative components enable us as designers to create bespoke functional ads for each one of our clients.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike, but like everything else in the world, the software can definitely use a few tweaks to better the UI - adding a 'colour palette' feature so we don't have to keep searching colour hex codes, a feature to allow categorising of creatives within a campaign - these would be extremely useful.

Erica T.

I use Celtra software every day. It's important for madvertise create a new and interactive...

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

With new creativety we add a 70% of clients

Pros

I like the timeline and the animation event. I usually use visual effects and wipeable. There are a fantastic tools

Cons

In the last time I created a creativity with transparent background, but I oudn't delivery it in apps but online in mSite. Celtra support said me this problem was a publisher problem. But I hope will be resolve in future.

Kara M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Overall Good platform, more clear reporting

Reviewed on 21/3/2019

Overall, Celtra is an easy to use platform where I am able to traffic out custom creative with ease. Reporting is detailed and I am able to pull the metrics I need, my only real complaint is not exactly understanding what each metric means in the reporting system in reference to my creative.

Pros

I really like that they website is always functioning, I never get error messages or link breaks when making my creative. The interface is easy to use and I was able to figure out how to generate creative easily. Reporting is detailed and I am able to pull metrics that I need.

Cons

The reporting system can be confusing. There are different labels that I don't understand what they mean. For example, there are "inline video starts" and "inline video plays". I don't understand what the difference between the two are. I would love to see a reporting system that is more explanatory so I understand what each metric and number means within reporting.

Marco G.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Celtra Creative Management Platform

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

Pros

Mostly, of course, the AdBuilder and the plethora of functions.

Cons

There should be a sort of offline version for editing ads, even if your internet connection fails.

Response from Celtra

Thanks for the feedback. I've noted this comment as product feedback for our product and engineering teams to review. Please always feel free to send an email to our support team with any future product feedback.

All the tools you need to succeed

Reviewed on 14/3/2019

Pros

The platform has one of the best reporting UI I have ever used, making it super easy to get in-depth analysis of where your creativity is serving and allow for maximum optimizations.

Cons

The platform lacks a good way to export creative tags. The amount of clicking back and forth and opening multiple windows when trafficking can lead to unnecessary mistakes that could be prevented if the tags were all in one central window.

Fayez S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A quality software that should be an industry standard

Reviewed on 20/3/2019

Pros

The reporting suite is vast and allows me to select options that I can include for campaign reporting that neither the ad server nor the DMP provide.

Cons

It can be a little less intuitive and some of the terms on the reporting need to be explained clearly either as tool tips or in a user friendly way in the window itself without having to navigate away from the reporting section

Blaire O.

Love working with Celtra!

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Pros

I really love that you can report out on a wide variety of actions taken on the units (unit engagements, views, time on unit, etc)

Cons

When looking at particular units, there are some limitations of benchmarks for certain verticals- a few N/A or no benchmark available.

Response from Celtra

Hello Blaire,

Thanks for your feedback on benchmark data! Since October 24, 2017, we've temporarily removed benchmarking to allow for a significant overhaul to the feature

We want to offer you measurement beyond pure benchmark comparisons, and once we re-introduce benchmarks, you can expect deeper insights, richer context, and an even greater focus on creative performance.

Kelly G.

I like the platform- i utilize to send example links to clients. The reporting is also SUPER...

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Ease of use for selling our product

Pros

I like the super robust reporting capabilities and ease of use for showing example creatives. Being able to customize the reporting is great.

Cons

I need more information on reporting capabilities and what certain things mean. Like, how exactly are you counting engagement rate? What is considered a video view (at how many seconds?) and things like that- maybe a quick cheat sheet?

Also, you can't use your web browser buttons to navigate through the platform

Travis W.
  • Industry: Online Media

Great for advertising!

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

My overall experience has been wonderful. I love everything about it.

Pros

I like how easy Celtra's management platform helps me to improve the quality and relevancy of my advertising.

Cons

There is nothing that I can say that I dislike. I use this all the time and I will continue to use it.

• Industry: Design
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Speeds up Production

Reviewed on 21/3/2019

Pros

The ability to create slick mobile ads in unusual formats quickly and easily. Components make developing complex display formats a breeze. Previewing on multiple screen sizes and orientations is catered for. Easy to transfer creatives to Partner accounts for trafficking. Great for designers to create banners ads with no knowledge of code, but custom code can be added to add additional features if necessary.

Cons

Ability to search by campaign / creative name from the Dashboard would be great.

Nadia U.

Reviewed on 3/11/2017

Pros

I like how easy it is to create ads and share demos with clients. It's also easy to update and incorporate client feedback, which makes approvals faster.

Cons

I find metrics beyond clicks and views hard to understand. They are so many and I'm unsure how they're defined so I'm unsure if they're that helpful. If there was a way to create standardization, then it would be easier to combine these measures with DFP, Moat, etc.

Response from Celtra

Hello Nadia,

Please check out our Analytics Glossary for definitions of all of our metrics and dimensions: https://support.celtra.com/trafficking-and-analytics/analytics-glossary.

If you need assistance with clarifying a definition, understanding reporting for a given campaign, or setting up cross-platform reporting alignments, please reach out to [email protected]

Best,
Celtra

Dianna L.

Review for Celtra

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

Great! Super nice and always wanting to help.

Pros

I like how fluid it is, and it is easy enough to understand the basic skills on uploading/creating the creative.

Cons

The reporting and the dates within the reports, I have a very difficult time pull reports and compiling them. If my team is creating seperate creatives but its for one advertiser it would be great if it was one report versus having to pull it individually.

Miguel D.

Ease to develop display units

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Pros

IT's super easy to develop display units super quickly. Also, the integration that it has with most advertisers/ publishers is great, there is no need to create multiple versions of a unit, one works for all.

Cons

You can create simple experiences, but as soon as you want to create a more robust experience you will need to do them by using an iFrame.

Adrian F.

Celtra's platform and support have made them a key part of our custom rich media offerings.

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Pros

The variety of components and the versatility of each component across all platforms. Whenever we spot a rich media format across the web, chances are we can recreate it ourselves using Celtra.

Cons

Some formats are optimized for iOS devices and not always Android-friendly, which limits their use (e.g. the interscroller) for our audience in regions where Android devices are favored.

Ariel B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

In comparison to other similar vendors, I'd definitely go with Celtra

Reviewed on 14/3/2019

Overall, I really like celtra. It's really not that hard a tool to get used to. Yes, there are a lot of steps to set something up, but it's not particularly difficult. Also, again customer service is amazing.

Pros

Customer service/support is great. If I need help, my rep responds really quickly and loops in appropriate people. I usually resolve issues within a really timely manner.

Cons

In the ad ops setup, it'd be nice if we could change some of the automatic settings, or maybe lock others. Sometimes traffickers can get confused or turned around in the setup.

User friendly and Simple to use Creative Management Platform

Reviewed on 30/3/2019

Pros

The best thing about Celtra is that through their native ads format we can align our ads with the content of the publisher, creating a unified user experience on that platform.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike, one small suggestion is that labels on reporting could be more explanatory

Jenny M.
  • Industry: Newspapers
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Celtra CMP Review

Reviewed on 14/3/2019

I'd recommend it as it was easy to use and find placements. The only cautionary thing I would say is the creative preview is not an accurate reflection of ad behaviour on site, and the RM reporting was unreliable even though at first when I was using it it was great.

Pros

When I used it as a campaign manager, I liked that I didn't have to repbulish tags on a placement, you could just switch out the creative ID behind it easily.

Cons

All the snags that kept cropping up, with code and ticking boxes in set up.