Celtra

Creative management platform for digital advertising

4.4/5

261 Software options

Vikki M.

Easy to use, easy to navigate through the platform

Reviewed on 6/11/2017

The time we safe turning campaigns around since we start using wayin is insane.

Pros

The visual effects are pretty slick, easy to animate using the new timeline. I love the take photo component but we don't actually get to use it too often.

Cons

I find it difficult to rotate properly, and this isn't really a con but the slider bar on the bottom of the timeline when animating, when i try to move it or scrub across its really difficult to actually select and move the timeline

Chris D.

Solid and reliable, feature-reach but user friendly, suitable for advanced and simple use...

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

Pros

It works 99.5% of the time without fuss. Advanced creative features are very easy to include. Makes cross-device compatibility and distribution almost completely frictionless.

I have enormous respect for Celtra as a company: smart people working on interesting products that genuinely advance the industry; responsive and appreciative of customer feedback; the structure of everything feels like it was genuinely thought out and built to last.

Compared to any other creative platform I've used Celtra is just faster, better, easier to use, and with less troubleshooting.

Documentation is generally excellent and whoever is writing the release notes is genuinely hilarious.

The platform isn't standing still, changes are continuous and result in tangible improvements. It's genuine advancement, not catching up or imitation.

Not afraid to terminate peripherals to focus on core and new products, whilst it's occasionally annoying (RIP viewability metrics), in the long run I personally think a bit of ruthless culling leads to a better overall result.

Cons

There are a few annoying things; e.g. animations using API code and scenes/timeline animation in the same creative breaks layouts.

Some gaps in product offering like VPAID but not VAST, full-screen and aspect-ratio pagebreak formats in Outstream but not Rich Media, etc. (Although I know some are WIP like VAST tags.)

UI of the Builder has improved a lot but it could still be better: having to constantly juggle floating panels can be really annoying, the timeline animation is good but means covering most of the screen and creative when in use, etc. Some workflow improvements are definitely possible (if hard to articulate).

The core product of enabling the easy building of rich creatives is great, but some of the peripheral things to do with actual distribution could be improved. Generating a lot of tags and then setting them up elsewhere is a tedious job so anything to make that easier would be good (e.g. saveable tag templates, bulk exports of full tags rather than just links).

Don't like having to go to the 'Media Analytics' page to get to the report builder, or having to open a report in a new page before it can be downloaded if I just want a one-off report and not a saved template.

Enrique R.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

A Must have tool to take your Ad Creative designs in-house

Reviewed on 19/3/2019

As a publisher, we've been able to generate incremental revenue thanks to Celtra because now we're able to take in-house a lot of design processes that were previously outsourced. Apart from increasing our offering of custom formats that we can build ourselves, processes have also being sped up as we can receive assets build mock ups, get them approved and live in a matter of days or even hours, while previously it would have taken weeks with a lot of back and forth between the agency/client, the vendors carrying out the builds and ourselves.

Pros

It's fairly intuitive and you don't require any previous knowledge in ad design. Especially helpful if you don't know how to code as well - you can implement code in Celtra but you don't have to.

With fairly basic assets you can produce really slick designs and the capabilities it has for animations result in fairly stunning executions.

The animatin timeline was a massive improvement when it was added. It makes programming animations a lot easier and visual as well. The use of scenes it's also great in terms of enabling the combination of scenes as well as copying animations from one ad unit or creative to another without having to rebuild the animations from scratch every time.

Cons

It would be great to be able to import layered PSDs directly into the software as well as being able to export creatives as well, be it as PSD's or html5 bundles with the animations in them.

Nik K.
  • Industry: Media Production

Love the companys and the support for the last 5 year

Reviewed on 2/11/2017

Our business was first built around the software

Pros

The people behind it, the customisable analytics, the creative ad builder
One platform for all our needs (well nearly all)

Cons

Would love it more as a white-labelled software
Easier to choose products/platform choose and then choose a product
Benchmarks per region in real time, per product, per region, per category, per functionality

Response from Celtra

Dear Nik,

We've just completely redesigned our creative setup process to make it easier to choose products across platforms and get started with creative building.

Thanks for your feedback on benchmark data! Since October 24, 2017, we've temporarily removed benchmarking to allow for a significant overhaul to the feature. We want to offer you measurement beyond pure benchmark comparisons, and once we re-introduce benchmarks, you can expect deeper insights, richer context, and an even greater focus on creative performance.

Parvez G.

Best Ad Server platform I have ever worked with.

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

I have been in the Ad business over 10 years, I am using Celtra platform for more than 6-7 years . I have used other platforms but no one is near Celtra they are the best.

Pros

Celtra has the best platform for creative builder and networking. It's so easy to use. Their trafficing and reporting tools are excellent.

Cons

They should have one tag for different inventory.

Response from Celtra

We do have a universal tag that is capable of serving to multiple environments and does not require creating a unique tag for different environments. If you need to learn more about this feature please reach out to our support team.

Prashant P.

Feedback

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

Pros

The functionality, Webinars, Tutorials and ease of use.

Cons

There are complex issues with the location and feed aspects I believe this can be improved. Especially when searching for locations.

Response from Celtra

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We're always looking to improve our product and continue to add to our components. We are currently working on improving the functionality of our location components. Please feel free to reach out directly to our support team with any feature or product requests.

I have been using Celtra to build mobile ads for over 5 years now. Its the best platform out...

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Best platform to build mobile ads hands down!

Pros

Its very intuitive. My team is able to get in and build ads with very minimal training. You can generate a tag in like 2 minutes whereas other platform can take at least 5 or more. The reporting is THE BEST. Whoever your UI guy is don't let him go. I also love that Celtra stays ahead of the curve. The new features like 360 video and the emitters are great.

Cons

I like the animation tool but I just wish there was quick way for the layout to match the first frame of the animation timeline. As of now, I have to manually record the values and set them so that the elements on the layout match the positioning of the layers in my animation. Otherwise you see a jump as the ad loads.

John jonas M.

User Experience

Reviewed on 19/3/2019

Pros

As a designer, I can focus more on creating an enticing creative and focus less on the backend. It's easy to use and learn. The support is responsive and makes it easy to work with! Allows our company to be innovative on the creative end!

Cons

Limitation on masking on layers. Other than that, I don't have any issues with Celtra.

Marcus R.

Very intuitive interface, always listening to the advise from their userbase

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Pros

Great features, always added new components. Web based, so easy to access from any computer. Customer Service and Support.

Cons

The panels and toolbars take up too much of the users workable window. They are not scalable and end up covering most of the art board, or page. Lack of break points on Interstitial units.

Megan D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Celtra helps our business drive revenue by enabling us to create unique ad formats for our...

Reviewed on 6/11/2017

Pros

The platform is Easy to use
The drag and drop functionality allows our team to save time on builds compared to other CMP's

Cons

When Celtra makes changes to the platform without notifying users
There really isnt anything else I can fault

Response from Celtra

Hello Megan,

We include weekly release notes on our support site for all key changes to the platform. Check out this link to see our changelog: https://support.celtra.com/changelog and feel free to visit this page at anytime to review the latest platform updates.

• Industry: Design

Simple and easy

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

Overall from a creative standpoint, it's easy to use and take no time to get someone new to start on it.

Pros

The ease of use without custom coding.
Continous updates on features and components.

Cons

The analytics dashboard is still hard to use. It's hard to know which dimensions will work with the specific metrics.

• Industry: Entertainment

Always impressed by the support we have received for Shazam's unique needs.

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Pros

The platform is very customization forward rather than template forward. While you can put a unit together in minutes, there is plenty of room for granular customization.

Cons

Really want the ability to have responsive interstitial units that also scroll rather than needing to fit to screen.

Atul M.
  • Industry: Animation

Responsive Creative

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

Its very good in use, but its java script api is a bit difficult to understand. The most difficult thing in celtra to build a responsive design. handling element there is very difficult and clumsy.

Pros

Easy to handle and understand, simple functions, its componenet

Cons

Responsive creative design is very clumsy

Response from Celtra

We are constantly looking for ways to improve our product and value our clients' feedback. If you have any specific suggestions on how to improve responsive design, please email support with your recommendations.

Best Rich-media Vendor

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

We use Celtra for all our high-impact ad formats. Even use them for custom inhouse solutions so we can track engagement easily.

Pros

So easy to create a rich-media ad. Turn a boring ad to an interactive engaging rich-media ad.

Cons

Reporting is a bit complicated if you not sure about the terminology.

Chloe H.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Celtra review

Reviewed on 19/3/2019

This is a great platform for our clients, we creative an order with 2x templates (static or video) then provide the client with access to drop their assets in. Then if they are family with the platform they can use the extra tools available if desired, e.g social media icons etc.

Pros

You can create amazing formats that respond to all devices.

Cons

Some areas of functionality are a bit confusing and not clear, you would need to be a designer to know this fully.

Alyssa D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Imperfect but Generally Dependable

Reviewed on 14/3/2019

Celtra fits our needs in being a place to house and report on high-impact/specialty ad units. While the platform and customer service could be improved, I'm comfortable working with this partner.

Pros

I like that this platform seems to update frequently, usually improving on problems before I realized they were problems.

There's rarely ad serving issues or issues reporting.

Cons

I wish navigating within the platform was faster. I work with slower partner UIs, but I work with faster ones too.

Also, the other day I received an email saying that serving was down, which is not ideal and caused our team to have to pause delivery of campaigns. However, we never received an update saying the system was fixed, and had to reach out about that ourselves well after the problem was solved.

Kimberly M.

My review

Reviewed on 20/3/2019

My account manager has been great. The support is extremely helpful and solve issues super fast. Really great customer support.

Pros

This software is super easy to use. Tag generation, reporting and preview is great. Highly recommend.

Cons

I wish I would search for reports in the reporting dashboard. My dev team feels the creatives fire too many events on the page and low our page load slightly.

Great creative, repetitive reporting

Reviewed on 26/3/2019

Pros

How easy it is to build custom creative with amazing features and functionalities

Cons

Reporting is vague and repetitive. Hard to pull what you actually need. Going through demos are a little clunky

Patrik H.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Adds great value to our clients

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

Newest mobile ad technology for our company and clients.

Pros

I enjoy experimenting with the newest features and technologies Celtra implements to the creative studio. Creatives are easy to demonstrate to our clients.

Cons

The video editing capabilities of the creative studio is a bit stiff and lack luster. I would enjoy more customization options to the video such as overlays.

Krzysztof L.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Celtra for Breakfast

Reviewed on 14/3/2019

Pros

The first thing that ops up is the clarity of the interface. I remember my first contact with celtra and the fact I could start using it right away. I value this ease of use till this day.

Cons

Unfortunately there are some black spots in the user interface, for instance the setting regulating the switch of views between creative stages. Also, the lack of tooltips of some sort (when you need help right away) comes in the way, the mouseovers would be perfect.

Marlen W.

Creative Tool with unlimited possibilities

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

Pros

the software is so flexible. You can custom every single element of your creative to make it look the way you need it. Celtra always comes up with new features and Ad formats to stay state of the art. The support team always answers really quickly and also provides custom-built soultions.

Cons

All the different possibilities are sometimes overwhelming. You need some time when starting to get familiar with all the features and options.

Response from Celtra

Our support and product specialist teams are always happy to schedule group and individual trainings to help guide you through the product and any new features. To arrange a training please reach out to our support team.

Pete H.

Reviewed on 21/3/2019

Celtra is the only platform I utilize for creative executions. My knowledge is limited to execution of developed creative, our creative team has told me in the past Celtra provides more opportunities for customization than its competitors.

Pros

Pre-developed dashboard insights
Creative Pre-view links for client approvals

Cons

Data reporting and metric definitions
Interstitial impressions tracking - Celtra has limitations with impression tracker placement to align with DCM

Emily S.

User Friendly Repor

Reviewed on 14/3/2019

Creating and tracking performance for custom, high impact units on our site

Pros

User friendly reporting template, options to label tags and creative for clarity

Cons

Unclear help features when I need to build a unit or have a specific question on how to use a feature. For example, if I'm looking to make a unit click to play and do not know how, it's hard to find out without reaching out to support.

Emerging platform in market

Reviewed on 21/3/2019

I am using the platform for more than 2 years, my most favorite part is analytics module since I am in account manager team. Celtra is providing optimal and all possible data and insights that can be shared easily.

Pros

Platform is innovative and as I am seeing new products has been integrated recently, like - video and YouTube creative.

Cons

Platform's look and experience can be improved. Like some fields are hidden where it should have label to identify easily.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I am using celtra for long time and it keeps updated to the market requirements

Reviewed on 6/11/2017

Pros

User friendly, and creative builds and templates (pre existing templates) are much useful. Overall good to use.

Cons

Came across some bugs in reporting, need to improve. Specially in collecting interactions, like click to website and issue in 360 degree ad behavior.

Response from Celtra

Dear valued customer,

If you should encounter any further issues with our Analytics interface, please email [email protected] and our team will investigate.