WizIQ

Everything you need to teach and train online

3.6 /5 (120 reviews) Write a Review!
3.6
3.6
3.5
3.8
3.7
Dr. nellie D.

WizIQ is My Choice

Reviewed on 24/2/2016

I''m an education leadership and technology consultant, instructor at Atlantic University, and community builder. I currently provide teacher training and professional development for educators worldwide using Moodle LMS and WizIQ. I had been teaching English as a foreign language for over 30 years when I started looking for an online synchronous environment to complement my face-to-face classes. I learned about WizIQ virtual class (VC) in 2007. I found WizIQ a welcome change after using other VCs. I use WizIQ's for webinars, online conferences, and MOOCs in blended and fully online programs.

Pros

The CEO, developers, support, and sales team at WizIQ listen. There is no hierarchy when it comes to catering to educators and students. The team at WizIQ are always ready to listen and implement suggestions. The VC is easy to use and very engaging.

Cons

WizIQ has been listening to my suggestions and improving its features since 2007. It takes time to implant new features. I would like the process to be faster even if these features are in the planning stages. I urgently need the following. I would like to see a mobile App that is compatible for both uses and presenters that allows users to have the same experience that is currently available on the VC desktop. I would like to be able to send the recording directly from my account to Youtube and Vimeo. I would like to be able to edit the recording before I share it.

Response from WizIQ Inc.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Nellie. Your words of encouragement mean a lot to us. We have made a note of your suggestions and will make sure that efforts are put into making things better.

Chris H.

Fraud

Reviewed on 20/10/2019

I am extremely disappointed. I paid for the software for a year, had problems, they promised to fix them all and then I asked them if I could purchase the software for an additional teacher. After the software failing multiple times, I asked for a refund for my second purchase (which I had made 2 weeks prior) and they completely ignored me and didn’t give me my money back. Scammers.

Pros

I liked how they made it seem like I was going to be able to connect with my students easily.

Cons

This was a lie. Over the course of 3 months we had many problems and we lost a lot of money from failing our students. I’ll list them below:

1) it happened twice that the audio on the system was no working. My students could not hear me and I tried it out on 3 different computers.

2) another time the audio didn’t work.

3) another time the entire software was down and I couldn’t even log in

4) another time I took a screenrecording of the session, which was a functionality I paid for, and none of my students could access it. I didn’t believe this so I asked for their logins and attempted to find the recordings and I couldn’t.

Hudha I.
Industry: Education Management

Online Teaching is best through wiziq

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Ever since I used Wiziq I did not have any issues in conducting online classes, it gives easy access to students without anysign-up or registration. All they have to use is a invitation link, which could be one -time or recurring. The platform is easy to use and the customer service is the best. They are very friendly and they take personal care of each client, but sometimes it can be hard to reach immediate solutions.

Pros

WizIQ's best tool is that it provides multiple class rooms at a single session, which is very helpful to conduct tests and exams.

Cons

The platform does not support many languages.

Mohammed N.
Industry: Education Management

17 mails without replies. API alls always fails from them in moodle.

Reviewed on 11/3/2020

Worst support. They made our life hell. In my all 11 years of programming experience, I made a big mistake by chosing wiziq.

Pros

nice GUI, easy to use, Works fine in their LMS.

Cons

no support, We hosted moodle in cloud. load balancer activated, 32 GB Ram. But wen i click Wiziq class, it always fails for the concurrent classes. Bad support. No support. Zero support.

A Great Platform for Teachers

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 27/12/2018

WizIQ provided a very cost effective alternative to students or teachers having to fly or travel long distances to attend specialized classes. Getting the classes set up was easy and students had no problems joining or participating.

Pros

WizIQ is a simple but efficient solution for those looking to move from traditional face to face class delivery to an online platform. This platform allows for the creation of both live classes and self-paced online course for student groups of varying sizes.

Besides the comprehensive feature set including testing and online payment facilitation, WizIQ offers a wide array of pricing options to fit the needs of most training institutes or private tutors. There is also a trial period available to help users decided what they need from the platform.

Cons

We never experienced any major issues while using this software but we kept our class sizes small.

Seçkin G.

Beyond my expectations

Reviewed on 18/7/2017

Pros

Software works perfectly well. I haven't encountered a single problem so far. If you have any questions concerning the use of the software or other things, you always get a satisfactory and prompt reply. They have an incredibly effective customer service so you never feel alone. The system itself never malfunctions, I have taught large classes and it worked without a problem. The functions and the use of the system are very simple and user friendly. You get used to using it within ten minutes.
To be honest, I was a bit hesitant to purchase the product at first. But now I frankly think that I did the right thing. Thank you, guys.

Alain F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Just a simple Woww!

Reviewed on 24/7/2017

Distance Medical Education

Pros

Easy to use. Very valuable for the price. Students and professors enjoy to work using this platform as it has many clear advantages.

Cons

Maybe it has it already but chances to upload videos from other sources other than Youtube was not possible.

William A.

The best tutoring i have ever seen in my life as a student.

Reviewed on 14/2/2017

My experience was the best. Thanks to WizIq I was able to bring my math grades up to a 98% average , the person who saw the most improvement was my math teacher. She couldn't believe what one course in a month did for me, I was able to aid other students and recommend this to them. Though none of them joined the program their respect grew for me, also my parents especially my dad were thrilled to see me explain such complex math equations to my 4th grade siblings. Overall i would do this again every summer for the rest of my years as a student. Another great thing that i would like to conclude with is the customer service representative. He was so kind and patient with us , he understood that we were limited in our knowledge of technology. Thank you so much WizIQ

Pros

The ability to participate and show your work,with others.

Cons

Nothing i had no problems

Response from WizIQ

Hi William,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Knowing that we could help you grow assures us that we're on the right track. Hope to help you further in your future. :)

Regards,
WizIQ Team

Amresh K.
Industry: E-Learning

WizIQ is best platform for online classes.

Reviewed on 31/12/2017

Pros

WizIQ is user friendly.easy to use and share any thing if you want.Pointer tool is very good to understand any other person.

Cons

Some time written world miss or erase suddenly.Sometime color section problem during online class...

Antonio S.
Industry: Research

As instructor, I found this tool a great support for the design and development of software courses

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 22/3/2018

Release from being at traditional physical classroom at specific day/time.

Pros

The virtual classroom and the recording function. It is quite useful to distribute the recorded sessions to those students unable to attend the scheduled day/time.

Cons

Limitations on number of instructor per course. Sometimes courses may require the intervention of more than three instructors. The current version of the tool forces to break-down courses in mini-courses to deal with that limitation.
Also, it requires some additional function to deal with a real academy providing full grade per area: e.g. Computer Science Bachelor, Magister ...

Jeremy M.
Industry: Internet

Best I Have Found for the Price Point

Reviewed on 18/11/2015

Our organization is around 60 people. I use the software for company wide training and group meetings. I have been using the software for over a year now with little to no problems.

Pros

Easy to use.
Reliable.
Cost Effective.
Customer Support has been nothing but excellent.
Integration into Moodle makes creating classes extremely easy.

Cons

No Mac App.
You have to use the Windows App to get MP4 recordings.
Screen Sharing could be better, I find it's quite laggy at times (but not always).

Eduardo Z.
Industry: International Trade & Development

Easy of use and great support

Reviewed on 18/11/2015

WizIQ let you setup a class in a matter of minutes and few clicks. The online sessions give you excellent tools to make them interactive and very participative.

Pros

The whiteboard let you write, draw, upload files such pdf, docx, pptx, and images

Cons

None as all it's improved.

Alfio M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

They steal your money

Reviewed on 10/7/2019

Very bad, dont use to get pay by their portal, five month and no money, they rob you.

Pros

Very good software, but is very simple and dosent have many options.

Cons

The support team is very bad, they dont pay the prepaid course, dont use the portal to made prepaid courses.

Margie A.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Romay zuleima F.

Alternative for distantly education

Reviewed on 7/6/2018

better education

Pros

Excellent tool for the estudies of postdegree in other countries and the facility of tutorships with possibilities of chatting, videoes and recordings that allow the postconsultation

Cons

The computers to be used must be very well formed and at the same time it is necessary to have connectivity in ideal conditions

Industry: Education Management

Really excited for this product... and let down

Reviewed on 18/11/2015

My company purchased this software with the idea that we could hold an online test prep workshop. Although we have not yet used it for that purpose, we have attempted to hold "Team Meetings" with our non-local staff over the past 5 months, and have had problem after problem. Most often, we find that we must pause the meeting early on, and switch to another program.

Although we have contacted customer support, they have not provided specific solutions, rather request that we check our volume and headphones, etc.

Pros

Everything that WizIQ offers is a pro... except that it doesn't work!

Cons

Sound reverberation, faulty connection, challenging interface to enter ongoing meetings.

Response from WizIQ Inc.

It feels bad to know we let you down. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We have made a note of all the issues you reported with the platform. We will share your feedback with the concerned team/s and improve our services.

Dr. ahmed S.
Industry: Management Consulting

Easy, affordable and stable

We are using the WIZ IQ since years and still our preferred LMS -
We really recommend to any business who they want to run their online learning and events smoothly.

Pros

Easy
Affordable
Quality
Stable

Cons

Nothing -
The team is always improving - nothing to mention

Lanka P.

Reviewed on 24/2/2017

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Brian D.

Great virtual classroom !

Reviewed on 20/3/2018

Pros

Really easy to set up, not get a lot of problem with this software, the company support it's really helpful , it's a most now and really rare :) Really intuitive interface !

Cons

The storage are really short, the price it's a little high but if you want quality it's the price to paid !

Raj K.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great platform for Live classes

Reviewed on 26/11/2015

We used WizIQ platform to build our Live Online classes product. It provides ability to stream live classes with a shared whiteboard at a verly low bandwidth (100 kbps), which was exactly what we were looking for.

Pros

- Ability to stream live classes at a low bandwidth
- Enabled short time to market
- Onsite support
- Easy to use

Cons

- Customization beyond basic ones are not easy and takes time

Tharu K.

They were very professional and the ease of using the platform is excellent.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

It resolved most of our needs.

Pros

The feature which allows any content on your hard-drive to be pulled in. And as a company we were very choosy about which product to use. As they could provide answers and resolves to almost all our queries / issues, we chose WizIQ.

Nicholas V.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

WizIQ

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 23/2/2017

Have contacted WIZIQ no feedback or contact up to now-would like to use it but despite request nobody has contacted me
Would like to use it for a private college and an NGO

Pros

Good LMS system that integrates well

Cons

No feedback or contact very difficult to get more information

Julie Y.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
Company size: Self Employed

Product had major audio issues, asked for refund. They ignored me. Unresolved. No product. No refund either. BEWARE!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 22/6/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

They should be stopped taking advantage of people like this.

Pros

The concept is great!, but.....they simply cannot deliver a seamless experience. Product is problematic

Cons

they can't deliver. major audio problems, they are hardcore on sales, but once you ask for a refund, they disappear, won't return emails and will hang up on you on the phone when the "r" word is mentioned. SCAM. STAY AWAY

Csaba S.

Reviewed on 1/6/2016

Gautam P.

User friendly and 'No-headache' LMS

Reviewed on 18/11/2015

I signed up with WizIQ for launching my signature and copyrighted courses for teacher training and have taken the Online Academy option. The initial set up was a little challenging as it had to be done all by myself after a brief orientation on signing up. The self exploration was good but should be supported to smoothen the on-boarding process. Besides, if my launch is well structures and efficient then I can help others on my online academy. I am an education consultant based at Bangalore, India and serve the K12 and Higher education segments for curriculum design and management, training faculty and guiding institutions for launching online learning services for their students with our help. Yes, WizIQ is a quick and easy solution that we use to implement our services.

Pros

My use of Online Academy facility is solely for the purpose of launching my own programs in the market and it should appear as my course on my platform. The process is quick and simple structure is helpful. Even though one would like to have more features, what WizIQ has now is good enough. I think the overall concept and model is very good and useful for online teaching and virtual classes.

The assessment and feedback tool is very good. Chat and Virtual Class service is also quite good but people keep comparing with Skype.

Cons

However, I want my identity and not to be seen as a piggy back on WizIQ, that somehow undermines my efforts in front of my clients.

The course launch facility must be supported from remote/guided, if required by the client or users like us.

Our faculty is widespread and hence they have to access my online academy for use and teach in collaboration with me on my online academy. I think, the online academy licencee/user is a notch above the online teacher who is solo on the site/service.

I would like to have better pricing than the present $83/month for online academy with 25 learners. That is a big price to pay /charge learners in India which works out to about INR 2500.00 per month per learner approximately. This means independent course providers must charge 2 or 3 times more plus taxes to make reasonable income. Now if we are Online Academy service providers, we share courses with other partners and need margins to operate and share, this is a challenge for now, unless we have large numbers of learners to sign on instantly. I am sure WizIQ will price the service at a more friendly level and earn on volumes acquired by us.

There are some design restrictions that prevent flexible curriculum design and easy usage by Math and Science function users.

The flash based interface is also a little challenge which should be working n HTML or anything better. Corruption of flash players now and then is a recurring problem and Indian users / learners in rural settings are not very comfortable with all this. It should be as easy as browsing the net.

Reports should be flexible and the tool should allow a bit of choice to create and add fields especially on a Windows and MySQL, this should be easy as seen with several educational ERP service providers. Database services on the LMS seems quite limited.