Bench

You run your business. We’ll do your bookkeeping.

4.6/5
4.6/5
4.8/5
4.8/5

252 Software options

Rahul S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Easy to use, great customer service

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

Pros

This was super easy to set up and describe exactly what I was using it for. other providers took ages to figure out how to integrate my Amazon sales but Bench just got it!

Cons

The pricing was a bit on the higher side especially the catch up accounting that ended up being a large lumpsum in my case!

Synder and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Bench

Better Bookkeeping support and ease of integration with Amazon

Quickbooks Online

Response from Bench Accounting

Thank you so much for sharing, Rahul!

Tony A.
  • Industry: Photography

Finally a one stop shop

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

So far so good! Love seeing reports every month.

Pros

I love that I can finally focus on what I do best. Customer service is friendly and answers all questions in a timely manner.

Cons

An online chat would be great for faster response. Since I don’t want to be on this platform very often, when I am, I’d like answers quickly.

Response from Bench Accounting

Hi, Tony. It's great to hear that you've received the support you need to focus on other areas of your business! Your bookkeeping team can always be reached via the message feed, should you have any questions about "Huck LLC's" bookkeeping. Thanks for being with Bench!

Heidi D.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great product, worth the cost for peace of mind

Reviewed on 16/6/2020

Pros

I like that it's easy to use, comes in a user-friendly format, and simplifies accounting for me. It's dummy-proof! I'm mostly looking forward to an easier tax season with this software.

Cons

It's a little expensive for a one-person office, so I wish there were more tiers in pricing. But I like the product and will continue to use it, and understand that it costs money for a good product.

Response from Bench Accounting

Hi Heidi! Thanks so much for the kind words. If you ever feel that your average monthly expenses have decreased, we can always conduct a pricing review to see if you fall into another pricing tier. All the best!

• Used for 6-12 months

Good start, low customization

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Overall, I still recommend Bench if you are starting out and a small business under $1 Million in sales. However, as you grow, I would recommend switching to Quickbooks.

Pros

Prior to Bench, we used Quickbooks, and it was lifesaver! We had no idea how to use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and Bench made it easy for us. There was low setup involved and their dashboard was amazing.

Cons

As our company grew, we needed more information in our financial statements. At the time, there was low customization with Bench, and we couldn't add or change things in regards to our Profit and Loss statement. Also, at the time, they only did cash based accounting.

Response from Bench Accounting

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our service, and listening to your feedback is hugely important to us!

Erik F.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Completely alleviated stress while reducing my bookkeeping costs

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

When I first heard about Bench, I was nervous about switching from a standard, old school accounting firm I'd worked with for many years. Within a week, my fears were dissipating. Three years later, my fears are completely gone. Bench completely meets my needs as a small business owner - while saving me time and money.

Pros

Bench is SIMPLE. The software provides me an accurate and easy to understand overview of my monthly and annual financials with easy-to- process visuals and graphs. The software integrates automatically with my bank and credit card, alleviating the back and forth calls and emails I used to labor through with my former "brick and mortar" accountants. When I have a question, the Bench team is always available and quick to respond.

Cons

Nada! No complaints here! I have not experienced a single problem with the Bench software

Lizardo B.

AMAZING SOFTWARE & CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

I'd definitely recommend this software to all my friends. Easy to use and great customer service. They get the job done. Great investment.

Pros

How easy it is to use the software. It shows you all the financial details of your business.

Cons

I'm really happy with everything they've done so far.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Bench

Better quality and customer service.

Response from Bench Accounting

Thank you so much Lizardo! Our engineering team will be so happy to hear you're loving the software and we're glad we can provide you quick access to important information you need. We love working with you and your business, and look forward to what the future has in store.

Amy T.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Clear accounting

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Excellent service, grateful

Pros

The accounting team took our records for the past three years and was able to give us clear understanding of the numbers to move forward with confidence.

Cons

Overall experience has been excellent, even when I am overwhelmed with the numbers, the professionalism of the staff is calming and clear.

Response from Bench Accounting

Thanks, Amy!

Danny S.

Game Changer!

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

Pros

I love that I don't ever have to worry about saving receipts & it has taught me to even be more organized!

Cons

Honestly I don't have any negatives on this.

Jonathan R.
  • Industry: Music

I Love Bench

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

My experience has been super easy and smooth. I love it.

Pros

I love the fact I can do my work and not worry about keeping track of all purchases and so forth.

Cons

I wish it had a feature to keep track of my estimated taxes.

Response from Bench Accounting

Thank you for the kind words, Jonathan! We've also passed along your feedback regarding a feature to keep track of your estimated taxes. In the meantime, you may find this estimated quarterly tax calculator helpful: https://bench.co/blog/resources/quarterly-tax-calculator/.

Jason A.

Great value for bookkeeping service

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

They are great to work with.

Pros

It makes it really easy for us to not think about accounting

Cons

There are features that I'd like to see like invoicing that would allow for more report development and forecasting as well as a more consolidated financial software stack for us.

Philippe Q.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

A+ Bookkeeping Management Software

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

Outsourcing with Bench was a part of our financial streamlining strategy processes. It allowed me to free more time in what I liked doing.

Pros

User Friendly
User Interface
Excellent Customer service

Cons

Wish there was some sort of Sync with Quickbooks

Krista M.

Bench is ALL THAT!

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

It's been a great experience. I the software is great, but the best thing has been the extended level of support once the pandemic hit. They helped me to apply for the loans that were right for my business and I'm able to see a future for my business because of that.

Pros

I really appreciate the ease of use. I can easily track all of my financials and the team is so so helpful.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons with this software.

Response from Bench Accounting

Hi Krista! We are thrilled to hear that we have been a support and resource for you and your business during this uncertain time. Wishing you all the best!

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy to implement and high value accounting services

Reviewed on 23/6/2020

Pros

Bench is fantastic because of the super hands on customer service and the accounting professional you're matched with is always prompt, responsive, and helpful with keeping your books up to date.

Cons

Lack of integrations with all of our financial services. Many things need to be manually managed however it's great that the accounting pros will hop in and pull data directly.

Response from Bench Accounting

Thank you for sharing, Kevin!

Michelle S.
  • Industry: Photography

simple online bookkeeping for small businesses or solopreneurs

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

I run my own business, and am NOT great with the numbers side of things. Bench handles my "books" for me, so I can easily keep track of all business expenses and profits so I can make sure things are on track. And this kind of record keeping helps streamline things in a BIG way when it's time to pay taxes.

Pros

It's hands-off accounting for those who want to outsource, so they can get back to actually running their BUSINESS. And I like that there are actual PEOPLE taking care of me. I can reach out with any questions I have and get answers QUICKLY. And the team is able to easily get in touch with ME with any questions they come across, too. The messaging system is incredibly easy to use, and a great way to keep track of conversations. And while there IS a learning curve to this software, I like that the team actually schedules a walk-through to show you HOW to use it, rahter than leaving you to do it on your own.

Cons

Some bank accounts won't automatically sync (smaller banks or credit unions?), so there is still a bit of time needed on my end to download a report from my account and upload it to the Bench system. But it doesn't take that long to do, so it's really not that big of a deal.

RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Reviewed on 27/4/2018

Pros

Nothing food to say honestly. Never got it off the ground. When I asked for a refund it was a hassle

Cons

If you look around and have your ducks in a row you will find these people are price gouging businesses and their pricing tactics are horribly unfair to the prospective customer. My best advice is RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Response from Bench

Hi George,
I'm really sorry that your initial Onboarding experience didn't align with your expectations, and that you weren't able to experience our ongoing monthly service. We strive for clear and upfront pricing, which is why we have fixed pricing packages based on monthly expenses and add-ons. We are proud of the value we provide our clients as America's largest bookkeeping service. We do not price match with other businesses nor do we heavily discount our catch-up service. While we can't give you back your time, you have been fully refunded. We also have taken your feedback to our team to help ensure that we provide a consistent Onboarding experience and prevent situations like yours in the future. If there's more we can do to assist you, Sarah from our Client Care team is happy to speak with you further.

Andrew G.

Bench for Small Business

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

Very easy to work with, communicative, and responsive to the needs of the business. Good value for the cost and savings on internal staff to perform this function.

Pros

User Experience is simple and easy to use

Cons

Integration with bank/credit accounts wasn't always smooth. Functionality moving from different sections of the software was not intuitive. Cannot create custom categories as a customer, only Bench team can make labels.

John paul L.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Bench for Business

Reviewed on 21/7/2021

My overall my experience has been very well. I now use this a few times a week to track my business health and me bookkeeper Yashub is great as communicating with me.

Pros

Great customer service and very consistent in updating all info and expenditures to keep a real pulse on overall health of financial status including all reports.

Cons

Integration took a little longer and a few timely processes to begin that were a little confusing, however all necessary steps at the end of the day.

Response from Bench Accounting

Hi, John! We're thrilled to hear that Bench has helped you keep an accurate pulse on the financial health of your business. Optimizing the client experience is extremely important to us and it's great to hear that Yashub has been providing a key level of support.

Micah M.
  • Industry: Design

Bench Makes Accounting Easy!

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

With Bench, I no longer have to worry about doing the accounting for my small business. I let them handle all the details, check in via phone a few times a year, and then hand off all the information to my tax guy. It's quick, easy, and affordable!

Pros

I like the ease of use, the clean interface, the reporting, the customer supper, the look and feel.

Cons

The turnaround on monthly accounting is sometimes 2-3 months out.

Stephen M.

Great service for a growing company

Great service!

Pros

I really like the ease of use and great customer service provided by the Bench team

Cons

Micromanagement from the beginning but necessary

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Bench

Response from Bench Accounting

Thank you, Stephen!

Matt A.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

So glad I found these guys

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

I was manually bookkeeping for years, fearing the price-point and pain of switching to a local service (I'm a night-owl so it's especially painful to communicate with humans)-- even if they were recommended by friends. Bench offered a clean on-boarding experience, fair price, and most importantly, a great web client that I can check at any time

Pros

Very very solid app, Quick responses, great staff

Cons

Potentially getting more clients may make their response time a little slower, but I'm sure they can scale up

Myke M.

Great Solution for Business Owners who are Clueless Accountants (as they should be!)

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

Bench is excellent. For someone like myself who deals with thousands of transactions, I do not have time to learn how to become an accountant on the side. More often than not, I like to find someone who is an expert at a particular task, and ask them to "just get it done". Bench is that person for me.

Pros

Easy to use and check in on monthly and you're speaking with *real people*, not a robot or some self-serve dashboard.

Cons

Was a bit tricky/annoying to set up my bank accounts. Kept having connection issues and had to repeat the same setup task several times. Once I was able to get it set up however, everything has been issue-free.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Finally, easy bookkeeping

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

Pros

I absolutely can’t stand dealing with bookkeeping transactions - it would eat up my time and not provide value to my business. Since I’ve used Bench, this is all off my shoulders and I can focus on the key metrics that matter. Now that I’m also using an accountant connected to Bench, I’m finally getting my taxes done on time, too.

Cons

Nothing not to love. It’s all a great time saver.

Greg H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Love it

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

It's great, gets the job done and gives me one less thing to do

Pros

Easy to use, friendly service, fairly intuitive

Cons

No app for Android, the desktop experience is good, though

Startup using bench.

Reviewed on 1/9/2020

It’s was great! Super friendly team.

Pros

Love how hands off the tool is. The team hand holds you the entire way.

Cons

Pretty expensive to upload historical data into the platform.

Response from Bench Accounting

Thank you so much for sharing! While we do offer additional packages for clients who require additional services, we try to keep the majority of our services under our core pricing packages.

Michael T.
  • Industry: Online Media

Excellent communication.

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the software and the communication with the team members, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

If the Bench app can be updated to where I do not have to sign in every time I want use, 5 out of 5 stars.

Response from Bench Accounting

Hi, Michael! We're so happy to hear you're loving the smooth integration and that your team is there for you whenever you need them. We'll pass this on to the team, they'll be thrilled. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!