Time Tracker

4.4 (3,018)
Write a Review!
Track time for payroll, billing and productivity.

(3,018)
4.2/5

Sujit Kumar
Sujit Kumar

Nice tool for creating a good working culture

Reviewed on 20/9/2022

It has been very easy to use since now. I do like the softwares which improve the productivity of the team and our brand. Keep adding new features.

Pros

I have been working with the team for the ongoing projects. Keeping track of each every activity was going tougher. The day since I started using time tracker, Tracking was very easy and workflow become smooth.
Highly recommended.

Cons

I don't count any cons but I do have some suggestions to grow the users.
They should charge lesser and they needs to work more on billing and invoicing.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Not productive at all.

Google Forms
Mfundo
  • Industry: Design

Best to keep track on everything

Reviewed on 9/6/2023

my experience with time tracker has been nothing but the change in my life and how i get to track my time to do some errands of the day, time track to focus on clients things and it help with my our personal things when it comes to my work outs and time with family as well

Pros

Well i all honesty i have used time tracker way back before i started working, as a professional Fashion Model and Fashion Designer. for me i always say time is money and if you waste it it becomes a problem for me and my business hence i keep my time on track and everyday and that makes things very easy for me.

Cons

i would not say i least liked it at all. it has shows much improvement with my time management

The bare minimum in time tracking. Irritating UX, dated pile of Windows 98, not beyond saving.

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

I was able to track my time and tell my boss what I did. (That's about it, it made little to no difference in my ability to communicate value in my organization).

Pros

It does what my management team needs it to do. I suppose the integration between their billing set up is satisfactory. They probably feel like changing this system would be such an overhaul that they're willing to stick with this system. That said I guess eBillity accomplishes what the business owner wants.

Cons

This tool does not have enough demonstrated empathy for the actual end user. It certainly accomplishes enough for the controller / billing / CEO. However this tool actually makes it harder to communicate my value to the boss, and I'm not complaining about having to use timers. I've worked in a freelance/client service environment long enough to know that every minute of efficiency matters. What I'm talking about is eBillity's specific UI and interaction design. Furthermore, for mid-tier managers, I've heard that they're also irritated by the system's lack of accommodation. I've heard my managers say that it's very difficult to scale in an org with many clients and even more service offerings. They've said that being able to even parse logs out (who worked on what, for how long, and how) is a headache. Managers would like to manage how employees log their time and this tool does not help them do that. It's an input output box. There are few controls or features that make the life of a manager any easier. Thankfully we deliver enough value to our clients that they don't make us jump through hoops to demonstrate a granular level of time reporting. I would suggest eBillity take a serious look at competitors from a UX and design standpoint. This vertical, as you may now, is maturing and design is ever more important to a successful product.

ANDREW

Easy to use and effective.

Reviewed on 8/4/2024

my overall experience with this software is so far so good since it is very effective, especially in monitoring the time of our people.

Pros

effective in monitoring time and tracking people in overall attendance.
user-friendly since the interface is easy to navigate.

Cons

some functions need improvement but so far it doesn't affect my time in monitoring.

Mohammad
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Time Tracker is the HR solution for time-keeping for your staff members.

Reviewed on 4/3/2023

A good idea and what it gives is great. Used it and will still use it. Cost vs what it does is really wonderful.

Pros

It does not only apply to your employees only yet it applies to other jobs like doctors and lawyers. This is a great benefit one can use.

Cons

You cannot tailor reports in this application which could be an advantage for future updates.

My Hours and Deputy

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

They give you a free period to try it at the beginning which is really good. This way you have the advantage not to lose money.

Paymo

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

This one allowed us a free time to test before we can decide to pay like other applications and this is considered a great advantage.
Arielle

Owl Bookkeeping Time Tracker Review

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

Overall we have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It offers everything we need to run our business smoothly and keep our team and clients happy. It has been an integral part of our process as far as time tracking and invoicing.

Pros

We love this software because it helps is really capture time spent on a client. We used to struggle with people rounding their time up which was not an accurate representation of time spent on that client. Clients would get upset, understandably, and now we have been able to bill them the correct time spent on their account.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that I don't like about this software is that sometimes even though something is set to be non-billable, the billable box will still be checked off. Other than that, it has been a wonderful software for my company.

Claire
  • Industry: Online Media

Easy and Effective Time Tracking with Time Tracker

Reviewed on 8/4/2023

Overall, Time Tracker is an excellent time tracking software. It is simple to use and provides a lot of useful features. It makes it easy to keep track of time and manage projects.

Pros

Time Tracker is an incredibly user-friendly and intuitive time tracking software. It is so easy to use and makes tracking time for projects a breeze. It also provides lots of useful features, like setting milestones and tracking progress.

Cons

The only downside to Time Tracker is that it doesn't offer any integrations with other software. This can be a bit inconvenient if you need to combine data from different sources.

Has helped us manage tracking our employees

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Very happy with my service

Very happy with my service

Pros

Has helped us manage tracking our employees time very seamlessly this past few months. It is a good tool that can auto track and manually input time so it's easiest for contractors and employees to have an accurate time table

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive and do calculations a bit more seamlessly with less data

Response from eBillity

Hello, thank you so much for sharing how eBillity helped you manage your employee's time. Please feel free to reach out to https://support.ebillity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Brian

Time Tracker by ebillity Review

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

Between 8-9 because I think this Time Tracker has the potential to be built upon.

Pros

The ease of putting your data into the system.

Cons

I wish there were a "reports" option inside the *app for use in iphone, ipad, or andriod phone with going to a desktop.

Also, I would like to see if a communication hub such as slack to communicate to ALL users at once. That feature would need to be used inside the *app.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

More economical and the addition of the expense tracker.
Brett
Brett
  • Industry: Design

TimeTracker by eBility review

Reviewed on 7/9/2018

Overall, we have been very happy with TimeTracker in our business, and would recommend to other companies seeking a time tracking solution.

Pros

We use Timetracker in our business to record employee work time. I like that we can create different jobs and allocations within the software to specify where employees record time and to what project or job. I also like the rich reporting features and the ability to access employee "time cards" from anywhere that has an internet connection.

Cons

The one thing I like the LEAST about this software is the web interface's tendency to become mixed up and VERY difficult to use after resizing on the screen. There are sizing "handles" top bottom and left right of the actual time entry form. This form can be dynamically stretched and adjusted to fit the screen of the monitor an end user is using. Unfortunately, on smaller monitors, the form itself gets mixed up and entry blanks shift all over the screen when adjusting form size. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed by a simple "reset" of the form back to standard. It's more of an inconvenience than issue.

Response from eBillity

Greetings. Thank you for the glowing review you left for using Time Tracker by Ebillity. We are always striving to make our product better and we are available to assist you in the future. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns you'd like to leave us, please feel free to give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your time and business.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Time Tracker for Quickbooks LEDES invoicing

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

I haven't had a horrible experience, because the customer service is good. And, typically we can work through the issues. They are able to go right in and see the problem. Developers have fixed things I have caught and got them working. And, it does sync well and work well once you get used to the issues.

Pros

I liked most that it combined capturing receipt images for creating expenses, and time entries, and created invoices that sync with QuickBooks and allows for LEDES export. It allowed us to do away with separate expense and time entry apps, and provide LEDES for clients that required that. While allowing us to keep using QuickBooks desktop as our primary bookkeeping software.

Cons

This software has been developed with a lot of bugs or inconsistencies. Many things have not been tested, and are not working properly or in the same manner across the app. It is learned by trial and error. Some of the ways things flow makes little sense.

Oluwadamilola

A PErsonal Look at Time Tracker - An All in One Time Management Tool

Reviewed on 28/1/2023

Overall, I've been very happy with my experience with Time Tracker. It's been a great tool for helping me stay on track and stay organized.

Pros

With Time Tracker, I am able to effectively plan and manage my time, allowing me to stay organized and on top of tasks. I love being able to track how much time I spend on projects and the ability to set goals and reminders.

Cons

Unfortunately, Time Tracker's interface can be a bit confusing and overwhelming. It also lacks some key features that other time tracking apps have, such as team collaboration capabilities.

Wala
  • Industry: Research

Excellent Time management Tool

Reviewed on 23/9/2022

Pros

Time Tracker is indeed one of the smartest tools for timekeeping and saving. It is such a fast and easy to use App. It did help researchers and employees in various sites keep track of the time they are taking to complete research-related tasks, specifically when engaged with one-on-one research participants. It thus helped us define and allocate research targets more appropriately.

Cons

Very seldomly the software will time out and you will have to recalculate time spent on different tasks. It also could be a bit difficult to use on phone screens, and thus researchers out in the field had to create a paper version of their work time, and re-enter it in the app once they are back at the office

Fritz

I never needed any customer support and I don't know how much the software costs.

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

Paid.

Paid.

Pros

It's the only computer software I have never needed help with. It keeps it simple.

Cons

That I have to fill out my timesheet on a computer -- period. I'm just pure old-school. I have no complaints, and want no gift or future surveys.

Reha
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Simple and straightforward time tracking software.

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

To log in, plan projects, manage tasks, create weekly and monthly calendars, track time and spending, and more, use TimeTracker. The nicest thing about time tracking is that it makes developers stay on target by imposing stringent time constraints. The client can check the developer's track record. It is easy for the customer and the coder to see through it. The greatest timekeeping programme is what will change our company. We will literally spend less time on administration and more time producing money thanks to online time tracking and billing. It is a professional way for our company to measure time and cut costs at a reasonable price.

Pros

I like how simple it is to categorise your time with this software—it only takes a few clicks.I also appreciate that you can submit your time without doing it all for specific days of the week. Additionally, the layout of the website is generally user-friendly. It isn't very weird or intriguing, but it is doable. Utilization is simple and uncomplicated. It carries out its intended function. You can make billable service items and track how much time you spent on each one. I manage my schedule, work, and projects with Time Tracker. The information gathered can be used to compute payroll and expenses. Additionally, any issues you have can be resolved by TimeTracker's customer care.

Cons

It functions properly, however occasionally there are glitches that require you to re-enter data. I can't comment from firsthand experience, but I've heard that the software's administrative interface can be confusing.

Wilson
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

"Streamline Your Time Management with X - A Comprehensive Review of the Best Time Tracking...

Reviewed on 19/1/2023

Using time tracker software can be a useful experience for individuals and teams looking to improve their productivity and manage their time more effectively. Some benefits of using time tracker software include the ability to accurately track time spent on specific tasks, projects, or clients, set reminders to stay on schedule, and generate detailed reports on time usage. This can help users to identify areas where they may be wasting time, or where they may need to allocate more time to meet project goals. Additionally, time tracking software can also be used to bill clients accurately and manage team member’s time and productivity. However, some users may find it to be an intrusive experience and might not like the idea of being constantly monitored.

Pros

Increased productivity: By tracking the time spent on different tasks, employees can better understand how they are using their time and make adjustments to increase efficiency.Improved project management: Time tracking software can be used to track the progress of projects and help managers identify any potential delays or issues.Accurate billing: Time tracking software can be used to accurately bill clients for the time spent on a project, which can help improve the financial management of the company.Better time management: Time tracking software can help employees better manage their time by providing a clear picture of how they are using their time and where they may need to make adjustments.

Cons

rivacy concerns: Some employees may be uncomfortable with the idea of having their work monitored.Distraction: The act of constantly monitoring time spent on tasks can be distracting and disrupt workflow.Inaccuracy: Time tracking software may not accurately capture all of the time spent on a task, particularly if an employee is multitasking.Resistance to change: Employees may resist using the software if they are not used to having their work monitored or if they feel that it is unnecessary.

Best and easy to use application for time and expense tracking

Reviewed on 8/5/2023

Time tracking applications provide numerous benefits. It help individuals and businesses effectively manage their time, improve productivity, optimize resource allocation, track project progress, and generate accurate reports for billing and analysis. Time tracking application enable better time management, enhanced efficiency, and informed decision-making, resulting in improved productivity and overall success.

Pros

Really great and easy to use, flexible as bave Mobile access. Helped us in below mentioned thingsEfficient time tracking and management.Streamlined project planning and resource allocation.Accurate reporting and analytics for productivity evaluation.Integration with other tools for seamless workflow management

Cons

Enhancing the user interface for a more intuitive and visually appealing experience.Adding more advanced customization options to tailor the tracking process to individual preferences.Improving performance and responsiveness to ensure smooth usage, especially with large amounts of data.Expanding integration options with a wider range of project management and accounting tools for increased versatility.

Wangari
Wangari

Time keeping and Resource Management made easier with Time Tracker

Reviewed on 5/6/2023

Pros

Every business needs to keept tab of all your business operations from knowing employees productivity, the clients, projects making or costing the business more money. With Time Tracker we are able to track time irregadless our location and even if you are offline. The mobile app is handy to work from anywhere. The premium version is reasonably priced for all to afford. Its very easy to use with no to minimal training required. Keeping records with Time Tracker is accurate and helps our company know where and when to cut costs, knowing which employees requires help and training, which projects requires more time to complete among others.

Cons

Time is money and when utilised well, you get reward for increased productivity and generally meeting your company’s goals. Time Tracker is what every business needs to suceed

Blake
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Could be more user friendly.

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Time tracker has been great for most of my employees to track their hours accurately, as well as give me a way to double check those hours using the mapping feature.

Pros

Time Tracker was great for being a simple to use, easy to learn app for employees to track their hours.

Cons

Some of my employees experienced difficulties with the user-interface depending on what type of phone they used (iPhone vs. Android). Android users had difficulties seeing all of the buttons that would need to be clicked to produce an accurate timesheet.

QuickBooks Time

Basic usage with no issues for many years

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

The tracker does simply work and I've never had problems with fearfully entering in hours because it was always possible to reach out to our payments person and have them revert our latest submissions in order to fix them.

Pros

The interface is rather straight forward and because we have many different buckets of things that we can bill to, we are able to make our weekly breakdowns as complicated or as simple to read and bill the clients for as we want. This makes it so that people record time the way that best suits them and their level of detail.

Cons

It's minor, but the comment boxes where I put in all of my time descriptions are rather small and are word limited. This is annoying because it forces me to be needlessly terse or enter in many more rows than I would like to in order to fit everything I did in a week in. Also not necessarily a minus but I found very little need to use the timer that they provide as there are so many times that I would start and stop a task's timer because I was distracted or something more important came up that it was a hassle to maintain.

Andrew
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Works great if you use the website to put in your time.

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

We went from handwritten time sheets, so this is much cleaner and nice that that time transfers to Quick Books.

Pros

The website is great and very user friendly. The layout where you can just put time for each day under the client once is very nice!

Cons

The app for the mobile is awful! It does not run smooth and is not setup like the website. The website is nice and shows the client and then the whole week so you can put time under the same client for each day instead of with the app where you have to do the client every time and have a lot more entries.

Response from eBillity

Hi Andrew!
Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product.

Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app:
IOS:

Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help!

-Alex from eBillity

Zuzana
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Has the right features but it's expensive and app is glitchy

Reviewed on 6/2/2023

For some of your customers a sales person is not needed. It was nice to get someone contacting me but some applications are more simple. I just need my employes to clock in and clock out, to approve the timesheet and import to Quicbooks. In my opinion $60/month for 4 employees for these features is too much.

Pros

Integration with Quickbooks is the main reason I use the software. The mobile app for my employees to track time.

Cons

I have used previous early versions of this software for years and came back to it when I needed it. But, for what I need there are a lot of unused features that are challenging to opt out of but regardless I pay for. There should be less expensive version without the extra features that I don't need in my current application, reimbursing, invoicing, customer selection, etc. (These are needed when tracking lawyer time, but not in my manufacturing setup). Setup would be easier to navigate and perhaps the app would be less robust and glitchy. I frequently deal with employees having issues with the app. Freezing up, needing re-install or amending incorrect entries because of the glitches. This costs me my time and their time. This is the reason that I am looking for an alternate solution, and when it presents itself I will likely switch.

Michele
  • Industry: Medical Devices

I am the accountant and find it does everything I need, we utilize it fully

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

I think the product is working very effectively for us. I would not change anything!

Pros

I love how it integrates with QB so easliy, love how it brings over complex transactions such as customers and jobs, service items, payroll items, class tracking, etc. I also love the chat function and have had nothing but excellent service!

Cons

that some of my employees find that the mobile app does not work that efficiently. in the past (not recently) have had syncing errors which caused delays.

Response from eBillity

Hi Michele!
Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app:
IOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker

-Alex from eBillity

Best for time management and time tracking

Reviewed on 29/3/2023

Overall it is good to have a tool with an eye-appealing and easy-to-use user interface.

Pros

I like the time tracking and its integration with Jira and basecamp is top-tier because it allows me to keep track of which how much time I had spent on which task and which assignment so it's a good to have tool.

Cons

I do not dislike anything about the Time Tracker.

Sunitha
Sunitha
  • Industry: Program Development

Time Tracker review

Reviewed on 23/2/2023

The reports provided were very helpful and gave us a better understanding of how our time was being spent. Overall, I would highly recommend Time Tracker to anyone looking for a good way to track and manage their time

Pros

Time Tracker had many features that I found useful and enjoyable. I especially liked the ability to set up custom reminders and alerts. This allowed me to keep track of my tasks and deadlines and stay on top of my work. Additionally, the built-in reporting feature was a great way to monitor my progress and ensure I was staying on track. Lastly, I enjoyed the ability to share my progress with my supervisor or colleagues which made it easy to stay in sync and collaborate on projects.

Cons

Nothing dislike specifically, but I found the user experience could be improved. The navigation was a bit clunky and I found myself having to go back and forth between menus and screens to complete tasks. The interface also wasn't very intuitive and I had to spend a lot of time figuring out how to do different things.