FiveStars

4.6/5
4.5/5

1214 Software options

Marcus K.

We have increased our customer satisfaction greatly, and easu/

Reviewed on 24/7/2018

customer frequency has increased greatly. Quarterly customers become monthly, and monthly customers become weekly. It adds up quickly. Customers enjoy the rewards programs, because it requires no membership card, and it is easy to redeem rewards.

Pros

Ease of use. My staff required nearly zero training on this product, and the down time for the hardware is less than 1% of our operational time.

Cons

It is a little pricey. That is why I rated it 4 stars for value at cost. But, it is very worth the expense. The question about how often do we use the software does not allow for our actual frequency of use which is closer to "every 5 minutes" than Daily, which was the most frequent response allowed.

Alex R.

We been with five stars for over four years now. Minus a few quirks, we'd do it all over again!

Reviewed on 17/7/2018

I cannot stress how valuable a solid email list is. Combine that with selective marketing and Five Stars continues to strive for my business.

Pros

It has been so long that I am really not sure but I think, the box doesn't even come with instructions. It's one of those things that really is that simple. When we first subscribed to the service I was like, what's up with the cost? I love being wrong, I was way wrong. This does the job of three employees and doesn't have "a family emergency" every Sunday. It gets down to the core of marketing. Gather your data base and learn from your customers. We really enjoy being able target specific emails or sms to your allocated groups. If someone hasn't been through your doors in a while. The dang computer sends them a sweet old "come back and see us message on it's own!" Come on!

Cons

Okay, let's talk about it. It's more expensive than some of it's competitors. (After having s few, I'd rather pay the extra.) And dang it guys. Please someone in the IT department schedule updates during non-business hours. Pretty, pretty please.

Tammy W.

Fivestar is a must have

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Our experience has been great with Fivestar. The customer service is top notch.

Pros

The Fivestar system is a definite asset for retail businesses. Customers love to get rewarded for shopping and this system makes that easy to do. It is very user friendly to both the customer and the employees.
The ability to send messages via text or email sets this system above all others.

Cons

The only down side to this system, is the monthly fee. There is a base fee plus a charge per usage.

Peter B.

Keep Customers Engaged

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

We are capturing and retaining our customers' information so that we can better serve and engage them.

Pros

I visited a lot of restaurants and teahouses that used Fivestars and it got me thinking about using it for the coffee shop we have. It's been an awesome tool to reward loyal customers, and keep others coming back for more great deals that we have.

Cons

I have liked Fivestars so far and I don't think I have a complaint about it. It's even good to list nearby deals for our loyal customers.

Jorge C.

Good back up for keeping track of your customers

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

It worked pretty well for our business for about a year after we upgraded our POS and migrated our customer database in we no longer needed five stars, unfortunately. But it works

Pros

It keeps track of emails of customers and gives them automatic points based on how muchoney they spent, or how many visits, you can custom this however you want

Cons

Most POS systems already come with a customer loyalty program, and sometimes its easier to use those than five stars. If you have the extra cash for the service do it.

Coty T.

Great option for loyalty programs!

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

Overall, Fivestars has given us the chance to reward our customers and a great price and and an awesome way to manage our promos and program! I'd highly recommend them!

Pros

Fivestars made creating and managing our loyalty program in store so fun and easy! It allows us to create promotions, coupons, track loyalties, and customize every aspect of our program!

Cons

Using this software, I have no experienced anything about this that we did not like. It has been a very pleasant and fun experience

Marci S.

Fivestar

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

Great product. Highly recommend

Pros

Very user friendly. Easy to access customers accounts.

Cons

Can't change the customer information ourselves.

Carlos L.

Awesome program

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

Five stars is easy to use, and has many tools to help track customers and help growth. Customer service is top notch.

Pros

Cons

Wish i could integrate with revelpos.

Daniel G.

Excellent Program

Reviewed on 27/10/2016

The fivestars program has been instrumental in creating incremental sales for our business. We're very happy with the way things have gone and have been surprised at how easy it is to convince new signups. Definitely worth the money for our business.

Pros

Ease of use. Ease of use for customer.

Cons

Cost. Customers who do not "opt in" initially are difficult to get opted in in the future. There should be more powerful ways to analyze data after promotions on the back end.

• Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Customer impact has been amazing

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

I would highly recommend using this product for promotional/marketing campaigns, notices, and general communication.

Pros

Fivestars makes contacting, promoting, and engaging our customers extremely easy. We send out weekly promotional emails to clients through their messaging platform and we have proved out noticeable engagement increases for our key clients and target markets.

Cons

The only con I can really think of is that sometimes trying to contact customer/user support can be difficult when issues or bugs arise. I have only come across a few negligible bugs, so not a huge deal, but it would be great if they built our a support chat bot function to address these concerns.

Fivestars review

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Fivestars was easy to set up and our customers really liked it.

Pros

Fivestars is great for scheduling announcements, creating and maintaining a loyalty program and keeping in touch with your customer base.

Cons

It's on the expensive side, which is a negative aspect for small businesses. It does work well but I'm not sure if it's worth the expense.

Jaime P.

A1 service!!!

Reviewed on 19/3/2019

I am satisfied beyond all belief!!!

Pros

The accessibility and easy to use functions make this system a must have for all business owners!! Keeps in touch with clients via remote messages. Making them aware of special offers or time based offers that benefit the consumer.

Cons

Nothing!!! This system is amazing!! Will recommend the all my business owner friends and colleagues!

• Industry: Food & Beverages

User friendly and beneficial!

Reviewed on 18/7/2018

perks and gifts and deals at places I already like to spend my money at!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use quickly (connected to phone number) and easily take advantage of perks and rewards at places you frequent.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this time- maybe there could be a quicker way to sign in at locations rather than typing in phone number, but not sure how that would work.

Sheria M.
  • Industry: Banking

Software review

Reviewed on 1/4/2019

Pros

Easy to use, the software doesn't lag out when I try to use it.

Cons

Not enough coupons offered, I would use it more if more coupons were offered

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Fivestars

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

The software is easy to use and our customer base loves the rewards earned

Cons

The monthly fee is high compared to other reward programs.

• Industry: Hospitality

Five Stars Rating

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

Again love the ability to use at multiple vendors.

Pros

Love that you can use this program for multiple vendors. Each vendor allows you to choose how you would like to apply your reward points from select options (I.e. dollars off product, or BOGO, or percentage off entire purchase), or allows you to continue accumulating points towards the next tier of discounts.

Cons

The APP did not have any additional, useful, services that I don’t already have access to during the checkout process.

Bianca Z.

review of fivestars

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

fivestars is a great rewards program but only if you are a regular at certain places

Pros

what i like about fivestars is that you can get reward points for visiting certain places regularly, such as Coco for bubble tea!

Cons

what i don't like about fivestars is that every time, you have to input your phone number, which can become kind of annoying

Colin A.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

5/5 Stars

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

Fivestars is good when you want to check out deals nearby. Helped to get a lot more for a lot less

Pros

This software is great for getting the most bang for your buck. Companies that use Fivestars really help to reel in customers to take advantage of all they have to offer.

Cons

Sometimes companies opt out of using fivestars. And as users, they don’t notify us to use our points before the company opts out. Resulting in waste of points and eventually loss of customers.

Loc T.

Great rewards tool

Reviewed on 27/10/2016

Makes customers have a connection to your establishment and brings continuous business. It's really been great for us on the front end and back end customer support. I tell all of our friends that owns restaurants to try it out and see the results.

Pros

Simple and email customer campaigns.

Cons

New software update made process slower than when we first started using it.

Tina H.
  • Industry: Music

Love the rewards, confused by extra options

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

I love Fivestars because I get offers from my favorite stores via email at at the store. I feel like I'm winner!

Pros

I love that the places I love to go offer rewards and all I have to do to earn them is punch my number in at the counter on the separate Fivestar machine. I really like the machine. I don't like carrying punch cards.

Cons

I don't like that it offers other, sometimes offers from businesses next door, that I'm not interested in. I don't like that there's a timer, because it makes me feel rushed and confused, like I have to make a decision about something, even if I don't. I don't like that it offers me another deal about another store while I'm trying to pay at a counter.

Josh K.

Great retail rewards program

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Pros

Customers can set up their own accounts at the register

Cons

Sometimes points go missing and is glitchy

Barry I.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy, Clear, Quick and Useful

Reviewed on 22/4/2019

I saw the device on the counter of the bakery and was offered to sign up. It was so fast and easy and was to replace their former method of rewards which was an orange card for my wallet that I sometimes forgot to pull out and, therefore, lost out on my full benefit. With this device right there, I have never forgotten to punch in.

Pros

The fact that I no longer have to carry yet another card in my wallet and try to remember to get it stamped each time I order a breakfast sandwich or lunch.

Cons

It seems like not many venders in this area use it yet so I am only able to use it at the primary store where I signed up for it. But that's okay too because the benefit there is great for me - as in I get a free loaf of bread at 80 points or so. That's enough benefit for me without other stores around having a connection. There is one store, a consignment shop which is linked in. I'm not interested in it but, again, I'm not concerned about the issue. Maybe more relevant (to me) stores will catch on soon.

Shawn M.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Love it

Reviewed on 20/2/2019

Satisfied

Pros

Im not sure about this questiinNothing im happy with this program i like how i can earn money just by being in progeam

Tina R.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used for 1+ year

Great ROI

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

It definitely reminds me to visit my favorite places to take advantage of deals and rewards. I like that I get rewards to go to places I already visit. I don't have to spend anything additional or purchase anything I do not normally purchase to be eligible for a reward.

Pros

Very user-friendly. I like that you do not have to download an app to utilize.

Cons

As a consumer, I really do not have any complaints about the software. There were a few challenges when I worked as a vendor offering Five Stars.

Five Stars

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

Pros

Easy to obtain rewards and bonuses from retailers you already frequent.

Cons

The app has gotten worse, not better. Not user friendly. Too many push notifications. The app frequently "forgets" me and/or my favorite Five Star retailers.