Copper

The CRM designed for Google Workspace

4.3 /5 (427 reviews) Write a Review!

Brett W.

Lightweight CRM - great for small to midsize business

Reviewed on 5/3/2021

Sales support team was helpful in finding a solution for my UTM needs mentioned above. Great value for the price, especially if you don't need Enterprise-level systems that can overcomplicate and overreach.

Pros

Being lightweight is a key advantage here for SMB's that don't need (or can't afford) the larger enterprise-tier CRM's. Copper provides just what you need in a streamlined (not complex or difficult to initiate) interface that just works out of the box.

Cons

Better integration with referral UTM parameters would track Lead sources with more granularity. I instead had to integrate Zapier and other 3rd party tools to bring along UTM's from my ad campaigns.

Bob J.
  • Industry: Insurance

Extremely Limited

Reviewed on 22/11/2016

Tried PW for my insurance biz. It was a total waste of time. It took 20+ hours to set up for my business and did very little to help organize contacts/meetings/notes as I required. Also needed to be able to filter/search for data.

Overall, it lacked customization.

Wanted to add custom fields like birthdates. This proved impossible, as the date field required input via pop up calendar, so you'd have to click through every month to get back to January 1 1965. I talked to their support people for a total of 3 hours and the conclusion of it all was "the software can't do that and we're not going to implement that unless a ton of people ask for it." That should have been a red flag because it just got worse.

Importing data is super annoying. If you have a google sheet you want to import, you have to download it as a CSV then re-upload it, and hope the fields match up. It also adds a bunch of tags to crap that makes a huge data mess you end up wasting hours to fix.

The dashboard is a total waste of space. There is no useful information. The People section is basically a glorified Excel spread sheet. When you export your data it grabs the fields, but leaves all of the activity notes behind, so you cannot back those

Custom filters are another massive failure. If you want to filter by X but exclude everyone who already has Y, it's impossible. I think an undergrad designed this system because it lacks advanced features severely.

If you want to set up a daily to-do queue, forget it. You might as well use paper checklist or a spreadsheet.

Another major problem is that it will pull info out of your google contacts and if you check the box for Sync with Contacts, it will completely destroy your hardwork in contacts. It deletes data out of fields, such as addresses and phone numbers. You have to pay for another software called Pieworks to fix that, but it's also terrible. A simple basic feature that should be included is not, and you have to pay yet another monthly sub for something really stupid that should be there.

It has an app for android, and it was convenient when out of the office. You can pull up the contact and if you just had a meeting with them, dictate the notes into logging a meeting. If you need to call them, just tap their phone number, and at the end of the call PW is already logging your call, just enter the notes about topics of discussion. However, the app needs improvement in terms of the dashboard, such as calendar and to do list like a call queue or other service tasks.

You have to submit tickets for every little thing. It's extremely annoying and waste of your time.

I decided to cancel this, pulled all of my data out of PW and set it up in a spreadsheet. PW is barely more than a spreadsheet with a pretty interface. It's not worth the money. You might as well use something free -- or spend the money and get a real CRM with all the features you really need.
They will not let you cancel. There is no place to remove your billing information or cancel your plan. You have to submit a ticket and hope they answer it, but more likely, they'll ignore it because they are a greedy company that ignores the requests users make on their website for changes.

They claim they are the CRM google uses, but that's not true. This is a very immature piece of software that cannot handle a serious business with specialized needs. They may have partnered with

Pros

Interface is OK but needs improvement. The app was convenient, but needs a better dashboard.

Cons

High cost, lack of customization and features. Have to submit tickets for any help. Lack of training videos.

Allison M.

Copper - CRM

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Overall, a very good CRM. It has all the functionality and tools I need to manage the sales process.

Pros

Copper is a solid CRM with lots of features to help handle your sales funnel from start to finish.
You can sort/filter and run lists, export lists, and manage tracking of interactions, schedule follow ups and keep track of emails.

Cons

There are a few key features on Copper that are not intuitive/user friendly. It's not that they are difficult, but features could be better marked and highlighted as to how to do certain things on the platform. I wish it had better tracking to manage a sales team.

Jacqueline C.

Intuitive, Inclusive & Scalable

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

Wonderful! The customer service is AMAZING and overall we have converted so much more closed business as a result of effective lead and pipeline management within our company.

Pros

The ability to manage leads, manage pipelines, and store data, along with the ability to automate lead management.

Cons

the lack of ability to integrate with other softwares, the lack of commission management features, and the lack of ability to specifically disburse leads automatically based on tracked conversion rates

Response from Copper

Solid feedback that we'll be sharing with our team. Thank you, Jacqueline!

Tish C.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great Tool for our Company - Manufacturing

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Copper has definitely helped with Project Coordination and communication both internally and externally. The ability to see all emails and communication cuts down on many questions and communication that is not needed. It has been a great tool for our Organization.

Pros

I mainly use and like the Project and the People feature. It allows me to easily convert the Sales Opportunities into Projects once the job is won. Then it opens up the communication with the customer. We also use this in conjunction with MieTRAK Pro and Pandadoc. They work great together.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while for the data to load.

Response from Copper

Really high praise thank you, Tish!

Lauren M.

It doesn't get easier to enter your contacts into a CRM than Prosperworks

Reviewed on 18/1/2018

Pros

We all live in our inboxes these days, right? This is where the greatness of Prosperworks comes in. All you have to do is roll over the email address of a contact in your Gmail (using the Prosperworks Chrome extension) and with one click, you can add a contact to your database. *Bye* data entry! It's also very intuitive as it automatically asks once you've added someone to your contacts whether you want to create an opportunity or task reminder for that person to ensure that you are monetizing your lead gen and staying on top of potential clients. The system also looks at who you've been in contact with recently and asks if you want to add them to your database. Again, with just one click, you're growing your database regularly. Mass upload of contacts is simple and easy, as is exporting contacts. There are a lot of automation options available such as Mailchimp and virtually anything else that is available to connect on Zapier. Email templates with mergtags are easy to set up. Lots of customization options across the board.

Cons

It doesn't manage duplicates at all, which can be a bit of a drag. Email templates cannot include attachments or HTML. It's easy to lose your place when going down the list of contacts as the page has a tendency to refresh and start at the top as you navigate between contacts and sections. Reminders have limited options for when they are triggered.

Erica L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Perfect Small Business Solution

Reviewed on 9/2/2017

ProsperWorks is not as widely known (yet) as many other CRM providers in the industry, but it is a strong contender in the arena. It has all the basic features and more for a business that needs a CRM system, and it seamlessly integrates with Gmail/Google for Business, which is a huge plus!

Pros

The Gmail integration is vital in so many ways, including record-keeping, recalling information, setting reminders for follow-ups and organizing project-related information. It's also highly intuitive. Although there are a number of self-paced and personal training opportunities, a relatively tech savvy individual should be able to navigate it with little trouble. It also includes a capability to keep your leads separate from your actual customers, while also moving them through a pipeline that you design. The Opportunities feature does the same thing, allowing you to visually track where any sales are and analyze any snags in your process.

Cons

There are some tricks to setting up the system, but ProsperWorks support is very clear in giving new clients the proper order of operations. If you follow the onboarding steps, you'll be successful.

Basil C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Exceptional! I tried every major platform (plus a few minor ones) over a year and chose...

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Most importantly, this platform has dramatically increased our ability to effectively and easily pursue sales leads longer and better than we were able to do previously. This has translated into more sales. Sales is what it's all about.

Pros

Most platforms are either too simplistic or WAY too complicated (think SalesForce). Prosperworks is lives in the Goldilocks zone of "just right". We are a medium size company that cannot afford a full time CRM engineer, so perhaps my decision would be different under these circumstances. But I have had nothing but a great experience with using ProsperWorks. Also, it's highly intuitive and the architecture is designed such that you do not have to click through things to get to other things. From nearly any point in the platform you can create entries or access the information you need. This saves a lot of time over the course of the day.

Cons

My complaints are small and business-specific. The issues I have are unique to our business model. The good thing is that the engineers at PW have been able to create customized programming and workarounds to solve most of our problems.

Jesse S.

Convenient

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

Easy to work with and understand once you get into it. Works well for keeping a collection of information on projects in one organized location.

Pros

It was easy for multiple users to interface and access the same information either in the office or in the field.

Cons

We needed a software a little more robust that could working with our current systems and help with estimates.

Response from Copper

Bummed we weren't able to be a part of your tech stack but appreciate the insightful feedback, Jesse.

Hope we can be a solution for you in the future!

Mehdi S.

Cooper aka Prosperworks is Love

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Im using it daily for 10-12h, if they would improve their mobile version and implement a dark mode, so that i don’t get blind i would be gassed.

Pros

Without Copper i would be loosing so much hair, that i would be bald of the amount of stress consumption i get to account all my Leads & Opportunities.

Cons

nothing

Response from Copper

Preventing Mehdi from hair loss since 2017.

Looking to keep it that way for you for years to come!

Kamatara J.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Daily Use = Time Saved

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Time management, task management, contact information, opportunity pipelines, email logs, project logs, contracts and calling management.

Pros

I love being able to read my teammates emails to our clients so when I speak to that client, I can see what was said or offered or attached. Then we are a united front in communication with no extra time spent.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything yet that I don't like.

Response from Copper

Love that you're saving a ton of time with Copper, Kamatara!

More than I'll ever need

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

Great. It has been hassle-free and has helped us stay organized.

Pros

The product is very clean and simple to use. On top of that, every little detail can be customized.

Cons

For whatever reason, support seems to be hard to reach. Any questions that come up usually take 2 days to be answered.

John R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Basic CRM

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Overall experience was good until I knew I was paying more for less.

Pros

At that time I was looking for a CRM that integrates with G Suite at that time called Google Apps. This was the second CRM I tried.

Cons

You have to play a lof more for the better features that actually completes the CRM. After checking out other companies I realized after using it for more than a year that the CRM is lacking in features.

James B.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Criterion Research's Copper Use Case

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Pros

The product is super easy to use and integrates directly with Gmail, which we are power users of. We also linked it with Slack to keep the sales teams up to date on pipeline changes.

Cons

The automation seems a bit hard to use but we need to put in more time to streamline that function.

Response from Copper

Thanks, James!

Dulce L.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Love it!!

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Pros

It's very easy to use, loads quickly and I love that the mobile version allows me to do everything I need to do even when I'm away from my desktop.

Cons

For a little while, the mobile version wasn't letting me view emails, even my own emails. It would say I didn't have sufficient permissions. But that seems to have been resolved. I love it!

Response from Copper

Thanks, Dulce! Happy to hear you're a fan and that the mobile hurdle you were running into was resolved.

James C.

Everything you need, nothing you don't

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Pros

The integration with g-suite is the best part. Also, the simplicity of interface makes it a joy to use each day.

Cons

Figuring out the scheduler was a little tedious. But once you understand how to use it, there's no need for an outside scheduling application.

Response from Copper

Thrilled to see the enthusiasm around simplicity!

Timothy W.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Hooked in by Gmail integration, Pushed Away by Lack of Features

Reviewed on 3/2/2020

The icing on the cake for us with Copper (which had an easier to remember name when it was called Prosperworks), was that we decided to cancel and reached out about ending our contract. Since we did it after the end of the 2nd year of our contract, we were now committed for a 3rd year. We had to remember to do so a month in advance of the end of our 1 year. Now, anyone who is in SaaS knows that this is insane. This is a self-setup system (I may have spoken to a person once). The only reason to do this is to take advantage of your customers. This is a terrible practice and I wish we had never made the mistake of engaging with them.

Pros

We embraced Copper even though it was a little pricey for a small business and required us to commit to a year. Our main reason for using it is that everyone in the company has to at some points be a salesperson and we thought that a tool built for Gmail would be the best option.

Cons

When we started to seriously use the software for more than big contracts and started to reach out to a lot of prospects, the holes in the system were glaring. There are a ton of small things that just drove us crazy. We ended with tons of duplicates. To eliminate them you have to export to Excel, etc. Not fun and not realistic. Any mistakes during data imports caused all sorts of data problems. There is no automating of drip email campaigns. The navigation is so confusing. We spent a lot of time figuring out where we clicked to get to a particular screen and how to replicate it. I found myself being super careful to do the exact same thing every time because it shows leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities in an alternating left-right fashion that is just confusing. The absolute biggest is that there are no reports that give you any insights into how your email is performing, which is odd because they've written blog posts on the importance of doing so. All you can see is a running list of who opened your email or didn't. It is like looking at a terminal window for error messages.

Response from Copper

Hi Timothy, thanks for the thorough review. We're very sorry about the experience you've had with our team in the past, and we're doing everything we can to make things right.

We understand Emilia from our team reached out and was able to connect with you to better understand where we could better improve and address the hurdles you've run into.

We're happy to hear the lines of communication were open and extend that offer to you beyond Emilia's initial outreach. Thanks again.

Erik P.

Disappointed on many fronts

Reviewed on 28/1/2020

I had high hopes when making the transition from Pipedrive to Copper. I was interested in custom reports and overall more customization of the product when compared to Pipedrive. The trial period went well with the software and the help from support in the transition, but ultimately we were pushed to commit to the paid account before we could test everything needed for our business. We paid the annual subscriptions for our team and ended up wanting to leave the CRM after about 6 months because the CRM wasn't meeting our needs after we worked with it for some time. When asking to cancel and refund the balance of payment not used they were unwilling to offer any refund, stating the contract says no refunds :( So we left with a bad taste in our mouths and overall disappointment with the software and support.

Pros

I liked the ability to do customized reporting, gsuite integrations and overall customization of the CRM.

Cons

The customer service was helpful to certain level. They helped us transition through the trial period in the software but ultimately I was pushed to commit to the product before we could fully test everything we needed.

The CRM is somewhat cluttered and the UI is a little too subtle. Specifically the opportunities pipeline and tasks due really don't come forward visually because the status color dots for upcoming task, ect are too small and the color contrast is too low. Pipedrive did a much better job at this quick visual communication for the user showing what might be overdue, coming due, etc.

Response from Copper

Hi Erik, sorry to hear that Copper wasn't able to meet your expectations and really appreciate your thoughtful feedback this helps us continue to develop our product and customer engagement motions to better serve you.

We're also sorry to hear that you had an issue with your account terms. We aim to offer flexible terms across our monthly and annual contracts, and adhere to standard SaaS contract terms to align with other software tools that our customers are leveraging.

We commit a high level of post-sale and ongoing Customer Success resources for our customers that make a commensurate, annual commitment to us.

To that end, we would love to continue working with you through the remainder of your contract to help you find value from Copper.

Ariell H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Partner

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

We are able to effectively track and augment our sales and marketing efforts. We have also experience great process improvement in managing our internal client onboarding.

Pros

I love that it syncs to our G-Suite environment! Having all of that information on a record is truly helpful to gain insight on our relationship with a customer.

I also like everyone I have interacted with at Copper: knowledgeable, service-oriented, and genuinely nice people.

Cons

I wish I could have a little more filtering options, for example: select 2 options, but not a third under one parameter. Also the ability to edit by pipeline would come in handy!

Response from Copper

Loving all this feedback. Thank you, Ariell!

Erik L.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

I started a new sales team with this CRM and it is better than anything else on the market!

Reviewed on 15/1/2018

Pros

I was looking for something that could keep everything organized for my salesmen and I wanted something that was like salesforce but cheaper. This was actually better than anything Ive tried and it was much cheaper. I could assign prospects to a team member and follow every step of the way. I could even check the email that are sent out in templates. I can see the activity on each account and I know when there is no activity. The pipeline is simple and very effective. I can easily track all the sales for the entire team in seconds. I can also assign task for each salesperson to do and have an alarm email me upon completion. No opportunity is lost without me getting an email to check on it. The team can upload docs and record all notes without closing the app. We are using a variety of different computers on it. Mac's, PC's, and Chrome books. It also connects right in with my Google G-Suit and all emails to clients are automaticly picked up and recorded in the CRM. Customer support does have a phone number and not just email.

Cons

There have been some minor quirks but they seem to get fixed really fast. If I call customer service I get help right then

Frédéric L.

The CRM that is built for GSUITE with the same mentality

Reviewed on 31/7/2018

Great relationship, love their product

Pros

It is amazing, Copper go get all the information right from the emails, linked in account of your new added person, generate lead, create opportunity easily. all with the easyness should I say googleness?

really their addon for gsuite succeed to keep me on my gmail page for 80% of my crm work.

simply wow!

Cons

there is not yet multi language but i know they are working on it.
more integration with accounting online like uqickbook would be great!

Andre M.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Owner

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

So far I like Copper the fact now I don't have to swivel from one system to another is key from prospect to projects all in the same system.

Pros

Email communication with a client in one place. being able to have my emails in google get captured in copper so that there is no confusion to whats going on.

Cons

Projects. I know that this is something that Copper is working on and I am using the beta right now looking forward to the upgrades to it.

Getting back my time

Reviewed on 23/7/2018

Copper has given my team the extra time we needed to go through reports, analyse them and provide feedback while creating stronger relationships with our clients. We have grown over 40% since getting Copper CRM just over a year ago.

Pros

As a G Suite user, Copper CRM has really helped me plough back my time. The tight integration with G Suite from Google allows me to create new client pipelines straight from my inbox. I no longer manually enter customer details. This has given me back almost 1 hour a day!

Cons

The data export function is limited to downloading. It would be really good if I could move/sync contact lists across platforms.

Nathan Y.

OK product. TERRIBLE customer service. DECEPTIVE cancellation policy

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

OK product. Terrible company to do business with. Avoid.

Pros

Attractive, easy to use, with good G-Suite integration.

Cons

Labyrinthian cancellation process with UI designed to lead users as far away from a successful cancellation as possible. No confirmations of cancellation in UI or emailed. No user viewable record of cancellation.

I was billed for 10 months after I thought I cancelled. When I tried to login after noticing the charges, I was unable to even after attempting to reset my password (No user exists).

I explained the situation to customer service and they reset my account and told me they weren't able to discuss refunds for the past 10 months until I processed another cancellation on my reset account.

I did so and was billed AGAIN two days later. When I contact customer service, they said that per their policy, not only was that charge valid, but that I would be charged AGAIN next month before charges stopped. When I asked about a refund for the past 10 months, they said that I should have cancelled and when I said that I did, they said prove it. I told them that their system does not generate cancellation emails and they said that per company policy, they would provide no refunds without proof of cancellation. PROOF THAT DOESNT EXIST BECAUSE THERE IS NO RECORD OF CANCELLATION EMAILED TO YOU OR AVAILABLE IN THE APP.

Lisa M.

Reviewed on 23/7/2018

Good. Again, I prefer to utilize my own type of notification/tracking system but the system is easy to use and the organization of the contacts is great.

Pros

Easy to use. Contacts are organized very well, easy to update.

Cons

I prefer to have more flexibility to utilize my own type of tracking system instead of having to rely on the current notification system that is set up. For example, under Opportunities, Contract Sent, I receieve a notification through SumGate every 10 days if there is no contact. As I am updated with my customers, I would prefer to set the notification times (3 days from now, 4 days from now, etc).
Also, I really liked the previous name "ProsperWorks" instead of Copper.