Copper

Andrew
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great CRM for Gmail users

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

Pros

It works as a plug-in for Gmail. That sounds odd at first, but it actually works great assuming most of your sales activity happens by email - because you can add contacts, companies and opportunities (and access all email history with those contacts) with just a few clicks.

Cons

The sidebar takes up too much space when working on a laptop with a small screen (so I turn it off).

Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Recommendation of a friend.

Trello

Gmail integration

Response from Copper

Love this feedback, Andrew. Really helpful for us as we continue to evolve the product. Thanks!

Cool Copper

Reviewed on 20/10/2019

I set up all of my meetings and have all of my business and many of my personal contacts set up in Copper.

Pros

Copper tracks activity well and ability to make it a custom application for my use is helpful. I also like that it integrates with Gmail our company's email platform.

Cons

A bit expensive. No ability to attach files to emails sent within the system. Files can be attached if using Gmail.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Its ability to integrate with Google products.

Response from Copper

Greatly appreciate the review! As for the con you've listed, we do have a feature on the horizon that will address that concern and positively impact Copper users in a big way.

Erik

Disappointed on many fronts

Reviewed on 28/1/2020

I had high hopes when making the transition from Pipedrive to Copper. I was interested in custom reports and overall more customization of the product when compared to Pipedrive. The trial period went well with the software and the help from support in the transition, but ultimately we were pushed to commit to the paid account before we could test everything needed for our business. We paid the annual subscriptions for our team and ended up wanting to leave the CRM after about 6 months because the CRM wasn't meeting our needs after we worked with it for some time. When asking to cancel and refund the balance of payment not used they were unwilling to offer any refund, stating the contract says no refunds :( So we left with a bad taste in our mouths and overall disappointment with the software and support.

Pros

I liked the ability to do customized reporting, gsuite integrations and overall customization of the CRM.

Cons

The customer service was helpful to certain level. They helped us transition through the trial period in the software but ultimately I was pushed to commit to the product before we could fully test everything we needed.

The CRM is somewhat cluttered and the UI is a little too subtle. Specifically the opportunities pipeline and tasks due really don't come forward visually because the status color dots for upcoming task, ect are too small and the color contrast is too low. Pipedrive did a much better job at this quick visual communication for the user showing what might be overdue, coming due, etc.

Response from Copper

Hi Erik, sorry to hear that Copper wasn't able to meet your expectations and really appreciate your thoughtful feedback this helps us continue to develop our product and customer engagement motions to better serve you.

We're also sorry to hear that you had an issue with your account terms. We aim to offer flexible terms across our monthly and annual contracts, and adhere to standard SaaS contract terms to align with other software tools that our customers are leveraging.

We commit a high level of post-sale and ongoing Customer Success resources for our customers that make a commensurate, annual commitment to us.

To that end, we would love to continue working with you through the remainder of your contract to help you find value from Copper.

Kamatara

Daily Use = Time Saved

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Time management, task management, contact information, opportunity pipelines, email logs, project logs, contracts and calling management.

Pros

I love being able to read my teammates emails to our clients so when I speak to that client, I can see what was said or offered or attached. Then we are a united front in communication with no extra time spent.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything yet that I don't like.

Response from Copper

Love that you're saving a ton of time with Copper, Kamatara!

Phillip
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great interface and easy to integrate with other software

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Pros

The UI is very easy to use and I like the fact that it tracks emails and you can see when customers open the emails. I like that you can log notes and also that it integrates with PandaDoc and MailChimp.

Cons

I feel like the speed of the sync could be improved.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and Method CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Copper (at the time Prosperworks) synced with GSuite and had a friendly UI.
Petr
Petr
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Selection of a CRM Tool for emerged startup

Reviewed on 26/1/2024

quite ok but the price was too high for such a product for a small startup where we would need 7 accounts from 20 people total...as we do not have a dedicated sales or crm person that was killing it

Pros

there were good reviews so copper made it to the shortlist in selection for a CRM tool

Cons

the features seemed to be good 2 years ago but the development of the product seemed to be not evolving
also compared to Nethunt the pricing was double so it lost mainly on the market price

Response from Copper

Hi Petr,

We appreciate your feedback. Since you left this review, we’ve recently released new and improved functionality in our platform from re-envisioned pipelines to our new forms and email automation features. We hope you’ll reconsider Copper in the future. We have much more planned as we continue building a comprehensive end-to-end relationship management tool for our customers.

Until then, we wish you all the best,
Melanie at Copper

Alexis
  • Industry: Medical Devices

A simple but efficient CRM

Reviewed on 2/2/2022

The customer experience is great, you can see that it is a priority for that vendor. They do follow-up regularly, but it is not annoying, they have real questions and real answers, and the support is top notch.

Pros

I was sold by the "built for Google" tagline, and it delivers. Copper is deeply integrated with Google Workspace and it makes several workflows so efficient, especially the integrations with email, calendar and drive.

Cons

There are no important downsides, really. The CRM is just effective. Some other products integrates nice bells and whistles, you won't find many in Copper... but do you need them?

• Used for Free Trial

Intuitive software at a price

Reviewed on 14/4/2020

Copper was great to use. It has native integration with gmail which makes things easier (you can achieve the same function in other CRM's with only a few steps)

It's really nice to work in something that feels google but pricing was just out of the picture for us. Other alternatives like teamwave provide the same/more services for an overall price

Pros

Copper is really easy to use, especially for people new to CRMs and that use g suite/gmail constantly. It connects directly through your gmail and provides the same features as other robust CRMs

Cons

It's really expensive, especially for startups and there are better options out there for a lot cheaper. Great software, exclusive pricing

Reasons for Choosing Copper

zoho is clunky and horrible. A huge range of software that you won't use or the functionality is horrible and its better to use other packages

Zoho One

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Because of the native integration and discounts for social organisations. The native integration isn't necessary
Jarrod

Great system for use with G Suite

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Custom service has been exceptional. Software is well designed. Basic features are easy to use.

Pros

What we liked most is how seamlessly this works with GSuite. We are a small non-profit consulting team and we needed software that didn't require a large learning curve. What we found were useful integrations right in our inbox where we do most of our work.

Cons

Being a small team with one member who uses technology daily and the other who doesn't means the advanced features are critical to making it work. While the workflow automation and task automation are available they is a steep learning curve for those who don't grasp basic coding principles.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salsa CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

The native integration with G Suite where less technologically inclined team members could more easily utilize the basic features of Copper. Workflow automation also played a role. The more we can automate the less we spend time on the backend and the more time we can spend with clients.
Bob
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy, Powerful CRM

Reviewed on 20/8/2021

If you are using Google Workspace, this is the simplest and most powerful way to manage your customers.

Pros

Copper lets me do everything within Chrome--creating contacts, opportunities and tasks; following up with leads; tracking projects; searching for all of the above. It has saved time, built efficiency, and boosted our revenue.

Cons

Customized fields aren't "smart." That is the only thing I can think of!

Stuart
  • Industry: Events Services

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

Ok software, terrible customer service.

Ok software, terrible customer service.

Pros

Software is simple. The pro is the widget for your Gmail Inbox.

Cons

Contact information automation is below par and we had the occasional syncing issues. The feature are not worth the price per user. After using the service for a full year we decided it wasn't the right fit. When we requested to cancel the service, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Copper refused to refund us because it was 2 days past the deadline! I responded to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who never wrote back. I have made multiple attempts to contact Copper and still haven't heard anything back.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Customer Service. Copper responds to you like a robot, and prioritizes money of people.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Gmail inbox sync capability.

Response from Copper

Hi Stuart, we're sorry to hear that your time and experience with our product and team hasn't been stellar. We do see that there were conversations with our support team regarding your account and that they fulfilled your request to cancel. We greatly appreciate your time spent with us and hope we can be an option for you again in the future.

Ramiro

Operations Coordinator Opinion

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

We had a very good experience but we quit using it because of the price. It was too much for our needs. Though the features were amazing to have.

Pros

The integration with gmail is great. In our company we use google accounts, so using Copper extension; the CRM automatically update your contacts with the emails you send. It is very easy to maintain the leads updated.

Cons

The pricing was quite expensive. The basic plan is not good enough so you need at least the mid tier plan which may be expensive if you don't want to expend too much money. Sometimes they have discounts but they only last a few months.

Joshua

Great product, built on the best email provider!

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

- We used to use Pipedrive before Copper however when we got to know about this tool we have been really pleased with the decision to migrate to this tool
- I carried on the migration for my company and I faced little to no challenges in order to migrate my data
- Since, we need to work on it daily it is really a good experience to handle this tool
- Feed back from the team has been great as well.

Pros

-Best thing about it is the seamless integration with Gmail and the plugin that it provides within the email.
- Really like their training / help centre
- Workfllow automation is great, been using it a lot
- Get good reports out of these, especially the sales forecast and activites

Cons

- If I were to point out, it would be that they do not have a continuous support over livechat on weekends for certain hours.

- There isn't a direct way to get a report out of copper for any opportunities that have been moved to a particular stage at a particular time

Jesse

Convenient

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

Easy to work with and understand once you get into it. Works well for keeping a collection of information on projects in one organized location.

Pros

It was easy for multiple users to interface and access the same information either in the office or in the field.

Cons

We needed a software a little more robust that could working with our current systems and help with estimates.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Price and flexibility. We ended up switching to Buildertrend after about a year though.

Response from Copper

Bummed we weren't able to be a part of your tech stack but appreciate the insightful feedback, Jesse.

Hope we can be a solution for you in the future!

Marc-Antoine
  • Industry: Music

Copper is a great tool for sales, contacts and tasks management

Reviewed on 16/8/2021

Copper is defenitely a very powerful tool when it comes down to sales and task management. It is easy and instinctive to use!

Pros

As a booking agent and as an artist manager, the 2 things that I enjoy the most with Copper are the Task Manager and the Contact List features.

It goes without saying that the contact list manager is a very powerful tool. It is easy to use: whether you just want to browse through the contacts, uplaod/add new clients or even if you need to find a "needle in a haystack". All the filters that you can apply in a research are super helpful!

The task Manager is also one of the main feature that I use on a daily basis. I find it super easy and convinient to set up remainders and follow ups. It is also very useful when it comes down to dedicate tasks to colleagues (without having to talk to them, because you can be very clear using the "details" section).

Cons

I think probably the biggest issue I have with Copper is that we are all francophones at Doze Agency. Because the version of the software we are using is in English, we sometimes have problems with some "list management". We sometimes have to use some special caracters in French (for exemple: "é", "è", "à", etc.). Maybe a French version of the software is not an option, but a cool feature would be that the software could associate special caracters like "é" to the letter "e" or a caracter like "à" to the letter "a". I know it may sound strange to some, and I don't know to what extent there are other french speaking users of the software, but it would defenitely be a great plus!

Greg

Too Glitchy and Poor Support.

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

Let me be clear, this product has great potential, and is almost good enough. But after multiple bad experiences with support, and an apparently stagnated development calendar, and very serious glitches, I suggest people stay away for a few years till this software can grow up a little.

Pros

What I like is the idea. This should be a great software. But the key features it lacks and the DISMAL support team make it not worth the money.

Cons

1. Support is terrible. They use zendesk for their support and the people reading the support tickets seem to struggle with helping. Here are a few examples:

a: We changed our domain name. All we needed to do was update our usernames to have the new domain on them. THEY COULD NOT DO THIS. I had to request this change - literally just updating our email addresses - 3 TIMES before somebody finally said it could be done. The first two people just said that it was impossible. The third person said it was do-able but it required adding additional users, and deleting old users, which unassigned all the work.

Is it that hard to update a database?

b. When one user made changes to the opportunity stages, we lost several opportunities even though the software claimed that opportunities would just be moved to adjacent stages. What's the point of sales software that loses track of opportunities?? When I reached out to support they said: "Unfortunately, there is no way for us to recover any deleted records in your account if this is already been accidentally or intentionally deleted by someone. [in other words, this is all your fault, not ours] We recommend exporting your opportunities/records weekly so you have a fresh back up when you need." Again, what's the point of using your software if we are supposed to keep the data on our side and normal use of your software causes it to break? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

2. Reporting is totally sales focused and doesn't help at all with regular task and project management. There is no way to see which team members are doing their work, or to generate reports on average time spent on tasks. Some valuable KPI data is not available in the sales related reports, either. Like how about we get a report to show the average time to close a lead? There is so much valuable data that we simply can't access.

3. Messy messy messy. The screen is just jammed packed with data, much of it useless, and it's difficult to find the data you want. Accordions inside of tabs inside of pop-ups? Really? Is that the best way to access the tasks associated with a client? It shouldn't take 3-4 clicks to get to a teeny tiny truncated accordion window of information. We should be able to see and sort through data related to a client within the main window. Bad design.

Mark
Mark

Copper, formerly ProsperWorks - Great tool for G Suite/Google Apps Users

Reviewed on 12/8/2018

Pros

I've used Copper (under its original brand) both as a freelance digital contractor and in an agency setting. I found the standalone app to work fine, but there's no comparison to how well it worked with gMail, Google Docs and other elements of G Suite.

I read a Forbes article about the rebrand and apparently Copper signals a move for the company where their apps are on Google Cloud, and to better support G Suite, and that seems like great news. If you are an agency using G Suite it seems to be a no-brainer to use Copper to me. Especially for tracking emails and customer conversations related to opportunities. The rebrand caught me by surprise when I was looking for something for a client. The Forbes article sheds some light on the rebrand and evolution.

I'm a little biased as I wrote an article once for ProsperWorks, but this review is strictly from my experiences with the app, and the company. They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment. I don't sell this app, I just was happy with how easy it was to use the tool, I've worked with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and other CRM apps and I stand by my appreciation for how great this app is for G Suite and for agencies.

Cons

I think the Copper rebrand is a sign of lots of changes for this solution, and the Forbes article says that there are positive changes to further align this solution with the Google ecosystem. I will say that the rebrand was news to me, but I haven't used the app in a month or so now since a recent contract ended .

• Industry: Public Policy

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros

I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons

The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work.

Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Josh

A great CRM for a small to mid-sized company

Reviewed on 1/8/2022

Copper has been a great experience overall. Their Customer Success Managers are the most helpful, prompt and friendly people whenever there's a hiccup with Copper. The price per user is a bit expensive

Pros

What I like most about Copper is its built-in connectivity to all things Google. Auto-logging calendared events, easily adding files to records from our Google Drive, using the Copper add-on to easily push data out to Google Sheets and then Google Data Studio...it's great.

Cons

I believe Copper needs to focus on tightening up existing features before rolling out new features to compete with other platforms. There's a delicate balance between building new things and maintaining what already exists and I feel that sometimes their focus is too dedicated towards building new.

Connor
  • Industry: Veterinary

Flexiable and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2/7/2020

We've been able to create multiple ticketeing systems and pipelines to track ROI on new promotions and programs.

Pros

The flexibility the software offers through customization and its automated workflows make both your job as an admin, and your everyday user's lives so much easier. It's also so incredibly easy to learn even on the higher technical end it isn't challenging.

Cons

A number of the support articles are very outdated, especially in regards to the various integrations you can make, but reaching out to support usually fixes this.

Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper

The old program was just not cutting it. It wasn't mobile-friendly or as customizable as Copper.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Customization, ease of use, and price
Maria

Not that Great

Reviewed on 21/8/2018

This is sold as limiting data entry, and it does a little. Maybe more once we get very familiar and are not trying to back track so that we can just use one system and not two while we get the other set up. I have to say that the OnBoarding that they provide is very good, and I like that they are able to provide that. I think some of the pitfalls are simply because it is web hosted and that comes with its own assortment of issues.

Pros

I like that I (theoretically) can see emails that were sent to a client even if I was not included, it makes it more helpful when I am trying to find information, or figure out what the status of a client is. The automated tasks are useful if you do them right.

Cons

It is constantly syncing and if you are a fast typer it will delete what you have written while it was syncing sometimes. That is incredibly frustrating. It's also not a totally intuitive system, it is obviously still in its early stages and therefore a little clunky. Also, if you are not an admin you have basically no power to add things that you might need in a sort of random situation. I have to go to my admin all the time to add things that I need, and maybe it is only for one client, but I need that field or option or automated task and I am not allowed to add it myself. You are unable to view more than one client in the small side bar of an "opportunity", and you are unable to see their names when just looking at the opportunity. Also the terms that they use are very salesy, and not very customizable or people oriented. The customization of how you view things also seems very limited. I like being able to view all my contacts by last name, that isn't really easily possible with this. It's just an adjustment but it would be a lot better for me if it was not something that I had to adjust to. It is web hosted so if you are not somewhere with wifi or data you can't access anything.

Praveen

ProsperWorks is one of the best CRM solutions I used so far

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

Pros

Has a standardized graphical user interface. Has superb marketing feature. It is simple to install the setup and doesn't require much training on its usage. Helps you track leads and automatically sending them notifications, thereby increasing the sales. It is cloud-based and is integrated with Google applications making it easy to track all the interactions with your clients, Mailchimp, linked in. You can create and notes for each lead. It has a feature, wherein you can check if a prospect has opened your mail or not. The customer service and support team are very responsive. Each of the client’s profile comprises relevant information in addition to the previous conversation threads. Pipeline reporting helps large businesses. You can prioritize and plan all your events and meetings and set up task reminders. As it is integrated with Google products, manual data entry is avoided and it has helped in saving time and minimizing errors.

Cons

One of the main drawbacks of this CRM is that it lacks call integrations. The reporting feature needs upgradation.

Mehdi
Mehdi

Cooper aka Prosperworks is Love

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Im using it daily for 10-12h, if they would improve their mobile version and implement a dark mode, so that i don’t get blind i would be gassed.

Pros

Without Copper i would be loosing so much hair, that i would be bald of the amount of stress consumption i get to account all my Leads & Opportunities.

Cons

nothing

Response from Copper

Preventing Mehdi from hair loss since 2017.

Looking to keep it that way for you for years to come!

Mohit

So far the best CRM

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Great platform to manage the leads an opportunity. Seamless experience as it integrates with gmail.

Pros

The drag and drop feature for opportunities works the best. Eg: Qualified lead to pricing sent etc.
The integration with Gmail is fantastic. No need to go to the actual Copper website to create a lead or an opportunity, it can simply be done from your gmail page.

The files column helps to keep all documents at one single place for review. Also, the tag functionality works for me very well in terms of a collaborative effort on a specific opportunity.

Cons

Logging the task of an opportunity even once you have marked it as done. I feel this is unnecessary

Robert

Great for Google Integration

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Good, when I have asked for "support" they have gotten back to me quickly.

Good, when I have asked for "support" they have gotten back to me quickly.

Pros

If Google is your email service then Copper is the best CRM System.

Cons

Tagging cross contacts. I have investors and borrowers, and the ability to take what my investor says on the file and cross it over to the borrower's file would be nine.

Salesforce Sales Cloud