Showing 1,826 reviews of 1,827

Showing 1,826 reviews of 1,827
Jason M.

Better than a spreadsheet or a sticky note

Reviewed on 7/4/2021

Overall, my experience has been stellar. Much better than the competition. Easy to use and easy to share passwords with team members and family.

Pros

Web based and no need to download a file to import to access my passwords.
The mobile app integrates directly with almost every app I have and I can login using my LastPass stored credentials.

Cons

I wish there was a field for tags. There is a "Folders" feature but I would love the ability to tag my passwords and easily sort them.

Kyle R.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

I wish it was better, but it does what's needed

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

LastPass has definitely helped our overall security posture, but it has so many design flaws that it is frustrating. I can't say I love the product, and it's pace of development is terrible, but it does do what we need it to - mostly. I wish they improved the administration panel and removed the poor design choices of having separate management areas.

Pros

We have a large distributed team and needed a product to improve security and allow for shared logins. LastPass does fill this need, and for the users that fully engage with the product it's invaluable. It's browser-based plugin its fairly simple to use and it doesn't require an installed application like 1Password does.

Cons

The product design is dated and different parts of the admin console are separated in a seemingly non-sensical way. Want to manage users? Go to the Admin Console. Want to manage Shared Folders? Oh, that's under your personal dashboard.
We've had the product for over 2 years and while I imagine they have a substantial development team, product updates are slow or non-existent. I fear that since Logmein bought the company it has become a large bureaucracy and it shows in the product.
Lastly, getting user adoption is difficult, and not much has changed on that front.

Nick S.
  • Industry: Machinery

Game changing tool.

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

Seriously, a game changer for our team. Allows users to have access to their own passwords vaults on both their PCs, Macs, mobile devices. But then we also have shared accounts that we manage as a team. It's nice to be able to share and manage those accounts, so when a user leaves the company, they're not taking credentials for these accounts with them. It's been a great tool for us.

Pros

LastPass makes keeping track of passwords possible, even for a team using shared accounts. For the most part, it handles creating / managing sites completely on its own. Easy to share / export lists or vaults. Makes it possible to manage access to passwords when a team member leaves the company, etc. Has been a great tool for us.

Cons

It can be a little cumbersome to setup the first time, but it's not because of the tool, just because of the amount of information that needs to be entered.

Avishai M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Reviewed on 2/2/2018

Pros

Online password management tools are an important tool for anyone using the internet. They get rid of the problem of utilizing the same password for multiple websites, plus they often mean the website hacker breaching one of your accounts, or stealing your online identity.

I have been using LastPass for a few years now, so here is an overview of the app. LastPass is a cloud-based password managing solution that features many features to simplify your online experience.

This app is the ultimate set-it-and-forget-it solution. Easy and intuitive to use and very convenient.

Cons

Cloud storage might not be everyone's cup of tea. The app operates on almost any platform, (Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS (Premium), and Windows Phone (Premium). LastPass stores your data on the company's servers (called the Vault).

This is different from other online password management tools which store your computer data in files on your device. This setup holds some benefits for individuals who dislike complexity: first of all, there's really nothing you must do except register and install the browser plugin. This technique has its own drawbacks, however. Individuals cautious about storing their passwords on the company's servers might feel at ease with another password management solutions. However, LastPass has taken care of immediately these concerns by making certain that information is encrypted together with your master password.

Kevin L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Lastpass should be everyone's password keeper

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Lastpass Enterprise is an excellent team tool for accessing forms or passwords without having to expose the passwords. Any team, agency can benefit from having all teammates on Lastpass, and sharing access to a folder of passwords or a single password in itself. This helped us efficiently manage our clients' passwords without having to be bold and directly asking for it. We share passwords internally and externally from our team, and the service works flawlessly every time.

Pros

Lastpass is an excellent and indispensable tool for my team and myself in storing and sharing passwords. Lastpass stores an unlimited number of passwords for a user on websites and form fills, including passwords as well as credit card information for easy form filling. The number one feature of Lastpass that makes it a no brainer to install is the ability to share the password with a friend, colleague or family member without having to expose the password. This feature stands out as Lastpass' gem, and I use this frequently in sharing a passwords from everything to Google Drive and Netflix. I never have t worry about exposing passwords, and any time I want to end the share, I can cancel the sharing to the user. This makes it easy to share passwords for one time use.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike with Lastpass. Its UX/UI is friendly, easy to navigate and storing passwords are a breeze in Google Chrome.

Fahadh N.

Password worries gone forever

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

It's been helpful for me and my business. I consider it as a life saver most of the time. Specially if I couldn't locate some of the credentials for old websites. Lastpass has it saved and I always turn towards to it whenever I am stranded with lost credentials.

Pros

As a web consultant, I need to utilize different types of web browsers - specially Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge Chromium and also Mozilla Firefox. Regardless of the browsers I use, LastPass has got the browser extension that saves your day. In addition to the web interface, the browser extension has an intuitive interface that enables the user to seamlessly login to the website using his/her saved credentials. LastPass also offers a method that allows its users to import all of their credentials saved on a variety of password management systems. This infact saves the time and makes the internet browsing experience a breeze. The vault section contains all the password listed, that can be sorted accordingly. Lastpass also has a method that enables a user to securely share a login credential with other person(s).

Cons

If a single executable file can be implemented that can be installed to a computer, it would be more easier to work offline, if required. Other than that, there aren't any drawbacks.

Evan S.

Password managers are now a necessity; LastPass not necessarily the best one

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

LastPass solves the problem of having too many logins to memorize, but not perfectly.

Pros

Store all your passwords for all accounts in one place guarded by the only password you must now memorize. With the volume of different accounts and logins we must now maintain, our options are: use the same password for everything (unsecure), memorize the different logins for each account (unreliable for most humans), keep the logins written in a central location, or use a password manager like LastPass--the same idea as option 3 but with a level of security your pen and paper or Excel sheet cannot possibly match.

Cons

The smartphone app is a key feature for ease of use and is just OK--it often offers you the login for a different app than you are trying to login to forcing you to flip to the LastPass app, look up the login, and copy/paste the password over to the app you're trying to login to. The PC browser extension always sometimes has issues with form filling---putting the account name into the webpage's password slot and vice versa is a common issue. It is also unforgiving if the website has any inconsistencies in its URL (e.g. www.citi.com is a different website than www.citibank.com).

• Industry: Telecommunications

Stay secure and never use the same password across websites

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

I use LastPass since I had a course about security in IT system as I realized how weak was the way I managed my passwords across the internet. Before using LastPass I usually had a same user and password across many sites without realize how risky was this behavior. Now I felt more secure dealing with many web sites that requires authentication as LastPass manages it for me.

Pros

I like the way LastPass integrates with every forms on web sites that requires user and password using an extension in Google Chrome. I let LastPass to create randomly and manage my passwords, I just need to remember the main password of LastPass that also has a second factor of authentication, which makes it quite secure. So I never need to remember complex passwords anymore and this increases my security across web sites as each of them have a different password. In case one of them is compromised it will not affect others. LastPass also integrates with my Android mobile device so everything is synchronized and safe.

Cons

A single point of failure is a concern when user one password manager, but I try to keep the LastPass main password very unique and strong and also I have second factor of authentication to protect even more the main password.

Gregory F.

Absolutely indispensable password/notes manager.

Reviewed on 17/1/2018

I manage hundreds of passwords - some I use every some I haven't used in years. But I only know a few of them. LastPass lets me be blissfully ignorant of the frustrations of password management by just handling the whole process for me.

Pros

Cloud-based, so it's everywhere you are. It stores EVERYTHING. I can sit at a new PC or a spare one in the office, and in a few seconds, have access to all of my bookmarks, passwords, secure notes... It's instant, always available, and very smart with its automatic logins.

Clearly, security is a big concern when you allow one program to know all of your confidential information - especially a cloud-based one, so the 2-factor authentication is a must and works seamlessly with your mobile device.

No need to sync, easy to share, always available across all devices and takes your privacy seriously. That's a win all around.

Cons

Sometimes the Chrome plug-in feels clunky. It doesn't always snap right to the results you ask for. The Firefox plug-in just feels more polished somehow. The mobile experience isn't nearly as seamless as the desktop platform, unless you're using the LastPass browser, but it's still superior to other password managers I've seen at any price.

Andrew A.

The easiest way to secure your passwords and retrieve them easily!

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

The best way to keep passwords secure on the web for your enterprise

Pros

- Instant updating in the cloud
- Secure storage
- Password Generator is very secure
- Easily accessible on any website

Cons

- Frequently creates duplicate password saves that is unnecessary
- Sometimes miscategorizes password categories
- No desktop app to store passwords incase of no internet access

Jeff W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

LastPass is a great enterprise-ready product for secure password storage and sharing

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

It has been a great enterprise tool that has kept us from storing password in insecure places or sharing passwords using insecure means (i.e., email)

Pros

Solid security, good organizational structure, functional browser plugins, easy integration with MFA

Cons

It can be difficult to share passwords from folders where you can view the current password, but are not allowed to share. This means you end up creating a duplicate of that item in a space where you can share just so that you can exchange the password with someone else. This duplication can lead to future confusion when you are updating sites and passwords.

Trent F.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Last Pass for Business

Reviewed on 12/3/2021

Our overall experience has been outstanding and we have not seen any other product out there that can even compete. Especially with the customer service.

Pros

The ability to easily integrate new equipment into our office space and be able to sync passwords throughout which allows for faster and more efficient on boarding of an employee from an old device to a new device. The ability to manage and constantly update passwords is also great for our business to try to stay as secure as we can.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the customization. The ability to customize more of the the organization of password process would be nice.

Harish J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Not so easy to use but still offers many features

Reviewed on 18/9/2018

Pros

There is this inbuilt password generation feature where a password is auto-generated based on the type and number of characters you specify. It is free to install this application, and we can use this application across multiple platforms at the same time and it is compatible with almost all popular browsers and platforms. I always had problems with remembering passwords in the past, but this application has made it possible to not just safely store these passwords, but also retrieve them in no time. The best thing is that I don’t have to fill forms one by one! This auto-save feature has saved a lot of my time. Multi-factor authentication ensures security and protects your passwords from hackers.

Cons

The refunds take time to get processed. Sharing this information with team members is a very tedious task. A few of our employees who are not technically good, found it difficult to use this application. The customer support team takes several days to respond to queries and concerns!

• Industry: Management Consulting

Decent password manager

Reviewed on 12/1/2019

- My online working is much more secure since using Lastpass and this security hasn't come at any additional effort - in fact, it's probably saved me time on the whole

Pros

- Easily able to manage all my passwords and secure notes
- Prompts me to save passwords
- Generates secure passwords quickly with easy to change settings - e.g. include upper/lowercase, numbers or symbols, length
- Has given me a secure place to keep additional documents like passport details, which has come in really handy when I don't have those documents to hand but need to know the details
- I almost never need to use "forgot my password' because Lastpass remembers all my very secure passwords

Cons

- Lastpass gets confused when I have multiple logins for the same site, which is very common in my line of work
- There are still a few key passwords I should remember (e.g. in case I need to access my lastpass account on a new computer, I need to authorise an email but I mightn't remember my password!) and I'm not great at that because I barely use them

The Only Password Vault You need

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

I think a given is that LastPass is definitely helping myself and many others with secure passwords. Too often do people use the same password over and over (or using easily guessed passwords due to time reset requirements). LastPass solves all of these problems.

Pros

Probably one of the greatest aspects of LastPass is the functionality - it does everything a password manager should do! It autofills them, it generates them, and stores them. It does all of that in not only a secure way, but also in a minimally intrusive, aesthetically pleasing way.

Cons

LastPass has so many features, it's incredible! However, given that there are so many features, it can be somewhat difficult to learn how to navigate the whole UI of LastPass, especially when learning more than just how to generate and store passwords. However, this does not take away from the LastPass experience! Not only does it come with a tutorial, but there are also plenty of guides that can be found through proper searches on how to use even the most advanced features of LastPass!

Moe R.

You must have this (or something like it)

Reviewed on 28/5/2018

Pros

Simply put: If you're not using a password manager, you are in danger. Passwords are an archaic, deeply flawed way to provide security but unfortunately, it's what we're stuck with and worse, every site has different, idiotic rules around passwords. One requires punctuation, another forbids it -- and so on.

So we all need something to manage passwords. The free version of LastPass is probably all you need but if you want the upgrade's capabilities, it's cheap.

Simply put, it recognizes password and other identity fields and fills them in for you, from its securely stored cloud storage. You can also fill in forms and enter credit cards, your address, etc.

There are alternatives s well: 1Password is hugely well-loved by Mac and iOS users; Dashlane and Keeper are others that get good reviews.

Cons

Sometimes fails to recognize fields, presumably because the forms were coded using a different name than LastPass expected.

• Industry: Higher Education

I recommend to anyone who will listen

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Even just for an individual, password management is key nowadays. When I began working in my current position, they had me start up LastPass and I haven't looked back. I can generate new credentials easily, using criteria I name. Sharing within our department makes management even more simple. The 2-factor app is great, allowing me to organize, rename, and backup my dozens of codes (though I do wish it had folders). There are a few sites/apps where it won't let you search notes (like an SSID password on iOS), forcing you to populate the clipboard before moving forward, but these minor annoyances are worth the general utility.

Pros

Password management is a must, but LastPass includes a 2-factor authenticator app that happens to back up to the cloud for simple recovery on new phones.

Cons

The native macOS app has been broken for me since it merged with the Safari extension. It crashes frequently and won't run without being in my dock. I primarily use Chrome, however.

Chase P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Crucial software, but it has it's quirks

Reviewed on 31/5/2019

Our overall experience with LastPass has been positive. It solves the biggest problem for our employees by helping them create and use secure/random passwords. The security behind LastPass is great and we can trust it. However, recent acquisitions have raised the price of the product which add stress to the budget.

Pros

In a world where everything is online, you have to have a password manager if you are going to be safe. LastPass does this very nicely and works great. LastPass takes things one step further by allowing users to keep secure notes and share files in a secure manner. This works well for keeping track of API keys or other secrets that are not passwords. The browser plugin works most of the time and makes life much simpler. The ability to also see how secure your personal password practices are is also great to keep an eye on the company's overall security.

Cons

The browser plugin has had its issues with not working and popping up annoying banners and requiring the user to log in again. Sometimes the browser plugin won't grab the new password, or it gets confused with the domain you are on.

Excellent idea, there are better options and I'm not sure to trust it again.

Reviewed on 15/4/2021

Since the security breaches started I discontinued the use and I'm not returning again to using it.

Pros

As the name suggests this is the last password you need to remember, the rest of your passwords are within the app.
Integration with web browsers.
Multi browsers

Cons

Monthly Price too high.
Mobile version not free.
Security breaches lead to not trust it anymore.

Christiane D.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Many features and options to share passwords, LastPass will keep all your credentials safe.

Reviewed on 3/4/2021

It's a great tool to manage several passwords, and also free version is one of the best available. Paid version is also good and you'll have different settings and options available. Overall the experience has been good and we have been using LastPass for the past 3 years.

Pros

Lastpass has great features, and options to share passwords, like Sharing Center where you can share any passwords with colleagues when necessary, you can also set permissions as "user can see and copy password", or "user can't see password but can use to log in". You can also create folders, and they will show you an warning if your passwords are not secure enough, or if they are similar.

Cons

Sometimes it looks a bit confusing, especially if we share a lot of credentials and we have different folders. A workaround is to use the "search" feature, and just type the name of the credential you are trying to look for.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Keeping all of my passwords safe and secure

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

Excellent and easy to use and I know that I can share passwords with other teammates safely.

Pros

All my passwords are saved automatically. I can share with team mates in a secure way and control access if I need to.

Cons

Some times Lastpass does not do a great job of recognising that one web page is the same account as another. It gets the urls mixed up which can lead to confusion or duplicate records

Tomasz M.

Where have you been all my life?

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Pros

I tries LastPass for the first time when it was recommended by Logmein. Since then I've tried few other similar software, because of some glitches with sessions, but I came back running to LastPass as the features outweigh the glitches significantly. I keep all my important notes in there, and what's amazing, if installed on your phone, even the apps will autopopulate the logins. I use Google Pixel phone and logging into an app is as simple as tapping my fingerprint on the back of the phone. Love it.

Cons

It has few minor glitches with retaining session, and few of the websites will get confused about the login. I wish there was some better custom way of figuring out how to save proper logins for sites like Gmail and Facebook. I probably can tweak it somehow, but till today I didn't think it to be user friendly enough for these types of sites.

Peter W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best password manager out there

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

Using LastPass has saved so much time storing passwords in obscure documents hidden away in a secure drive, we can now access all of our accounts anywhere we have LastPass installed.
We now encourage all University users to use this.

Pros

The ability to automatically change account passwords without actually visiting the website or app in question is amazing, LastPass will even give strong password recommendations, so you don't have to make up your own!
LastPass will automatically fill in the sign-in fields where you've already setup account details.
LastPass will even warn you if you've used the same password on multiple accounts!

Cons

The user-interface can get quite confusing and bloated when there are a lot of accounts, the only way to solve this is (sort of) is to sort them into categories. But when you have hundreds of accounts this is still confusing.

Andrew C.
  • Industry: Farming

Best Password store ever

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

brilliant for remembering sign-in logins across many pages for business paperwork and online business forms protected by you remembers contact information and security for business website used and allows notes in the bottom section for future ref: or reminders for you safe in a locked cell great all-around functionality and easy to set and forget minimal maintenance 5 star

Pros

I found this product and was very unsure if it could keep a track of all current and historical passwords and confusing, mess I used to leave behind this managed to import store and uncomplicated amount of words and password changes i used to keep updating, it sorted through duplicates with ease, and made short work of what was important , it has made it simple to edit add and update information accross many devices from desktop to laptop to mobile pads and My Phone and extra Gimbles so easy to use fantastic

Cons

Will require sign in many times if you have it as an add on but it gives the option to remember the master password to auto sign in for you if you like this feature remember security, if you leave it to automatically sign in for you the best way would be to have facial recognition or finger print Tech ?

• Industry: Design

So easy to use, no more 12345 passwords

Reviewed on 11/4/2021

Terrific. After using the free version for years, I finally upgraded to the paid plan so that I can sync across all of my devices.

Pros

Like the title says, this is so easy to use you will no longer have an excuse for using those common passwords that so many people use. Get the paid version and you can sync your passwords to your laptop, phone, iPad, whatever. Once you're set up, you won't have to write down passwords in a notebook, or keep guessing, or reset again and again. Just fire up Last Pass (or have it running as an extension on your browser) and you're all set.

Cons

Rarely, and I mean rarely, LP doesn't load when visiting a few sites. Not really a big deal because I have the extension running. In those cases, I just open the vault, copy the password and paste it in. Doesn't happen enough to make this a negative, though.