LastPass

4.5/5
4.3/5

2141 Software options

James R.

My favorite password management app!

Reviewed on 9/10/2021

Overall, I've loved using Lastpass to store all of my work passwords as well as all of my passwords and secure information for my personal life and family. It's made it so much easier to use safe, one-time passwords for each login, instead of one login that gets used everywhere.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I love the auto-fill icons that appear on login screens and the "Generate a Password" feature that makes it so incredibly simple to create and use very secure, completely unique passwords for each of my accounts.

Cons

It can seem a little difficult to learn for new users, especially if you don't have a background in tech/computer security. The password resetting process is also really inconvenient and difficult, but I suppose maybe that is by design.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Through the recommendation of a friend of mine who was a computer software and security engineer. I love how it syncs between devices and I can share logins at work with coworkers who need specific access to things. I really love the Chrome extension of Lastpass as well.
Daniel T.

LastPass - Save Hours of Lost Time

Reviewed on 23/3/2021

It saves me time and energy trying to recover passwords across various devices I use.

Pros

LastPass was a feature I started to use when I was going back and forth between computers. Sometimes passwords would be saved, sometimes they wouldn't be, and it was difficult to recover them.

You're ready to go in under 5 minutes when using this.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to the software. It did everything I was looking for it to do, and it still works wonderfully for my needs.

1Password

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

It was recommended by a colleague whom I respect.
Quentin G.

Feel secure with your passwords and identity

Reviewed on 20/5/2021

Overall I couldn't do internet life without it! From Banks, work sites to free account sites, I need a vault for all of these passwords. LastPass does that.

Pros

Keeping unique passwords safe is no longer a concern with LastPass. Now I feel comfortable using complex passwords and know I've not used that password for other sites. Also having it automatically populate the username/password on most internet sites is really nice. LastPass also provides a password check to go through all your passwords and tell you how many are old, been compromised (publicly known hacked sites), used on multiple sites, etc. That helps you when you get a notice that an email/password combination for one site was compromised. Change for that one site, verify what other sites use that password too (shouldn't but we do, right) and change to be more secure and prevent hackers getting into your sites, stealing identity, etc.

Cons

Not being able to log into lastpass for free on both mobile and desktop. I understand the company need to make money.
Searching through many passwords saved can be hard at times but overall can find what you are looking for. Haven't seen new features for awhile so maybe something being worked on in the backend of the software?

Microsoft Excel

In cloud.
𝗣𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗮 𝗞.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

MAKES LIFE EASIER - PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY

Reviewed on 11/5/2021

Overall I love LastPass. I did try a few others before I knew that LastPass even existed. If I remember correctly I found it via a yahoo or google free trial. I use the premium version obviously but my daughter uses the free version which is still very very good. I have a lot of passwords and except for the auto login annoyance there isn't anything I'm not happy with. And I realize that the auto login is an excellent feature and it's definitely needed. My feelings about it may not be the norm but just unique to me. The price is great, the software is intuitive and easy to use so it's a no brainer. Definitely something to look at if you are in the market for something like this.

Pros

This software does not require a lot of time to set up initially. You don't need to sit there for hours inputting your login and passwords. Once you install LastPass it will prompt you when you are at a login page as to whether or not you want to save the data.

Cons

There is a button in which you can use to auto login. There are a couple of annoying things about auto login: 1. You have to look under the advanced settings to turn it off/on. It should be, in my opinion in a more prominent area on the page and not in an area that is hidden until you click on it. 2. My other issue is that I have several logins for some of the same websites. Auto login happens really fast so sometimes you have to logout and login again to get in the account you need at that moment. It's worse when you have 3 or 4 logins and it's like playing Candy Crush or Tetris but unfortunately this isn't fun.

See review above
Kevin H.

Relative Solid Solution for Passwords

Reviewed on 29/8/2020

Overall, it has worked really well to not only document and share individual and group work passwords, but store emergency documentation in the case of an organizational disaster as well. We feel very confident that we can restore our IT systems in the event of a catastrophic equipment and/or personnel outage because of the availability of the service via any Internet connection.

Pros

The best feature of this software is the seamless integration between browsers and devices. It does not matter where an employee is; they are able to access their work credentials, their shared group credentials, and any personal passwords as well if they choose to link their personal and work LastPass accounts together. It has made universal password management a breeze.

Cons

The administrator console for the software feels slow and clunky, and at times is not very intuitive. Additionally, if a user gets “stuck” trying to access their account during the provisioning process it can take a good amount of work and resets to get everything operational again.

Must-Have

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Pros

The core value proposition is the main pro: quickly creates complex, secure passwords and stores and organizes them for your easy access across the web and mobile apps on any device. Really love the security checkup and organized list of actions you should take to improve your score (security). Like the percentage score and comparison to others. Love that LastPass will go in and automatically change your passwords for many mainstream sites but that’s becoming less and less useful now that we use 2-factor authentication for so many (so it can’t). Ability to securely share passwords or vault with family members. Secure Notes section for storing info unrelated to a website. Ability to mark any record a Favorite for easier locating. Desktop app has a quick search box that pops up with a keyboard shortcut—love that. The addition of the in-app access on mobile was huge. Same with the new ability to replace Apple’s keychain with LastPass as default in the new iOS browser.

Cons

Biggest issue is that the desktop Safari browser extension stopped auto-filling a month or two ago. So I had to switch browsers which I’m not happy about.

Frustrating differences between LastPass versions (browser extension, mobile app integration, desktop Vault...): Can view password history on some and not others. Specific selection to generate new password to replace an existing one on some and not others (related to storing password history). When you can’t do that, the workaround to ensure I’ve stored both old and new passwords is a huge pain. Sync delays between versions.

I’ve stopped using the browser pop-up asking if you want to update a site’s password because I’ve had problems in the past with it screwing things up.

Some companies make you use the same username and password across their sites which may have different domain names. I wish LastPass would allow for a way to link them in their records. Now when I visit one of those sites, I have to dismiss their warning pop-up every time (warns that you’ve used that site’s password elsewhere online, which is a great feature in most cases), and if I change a password I have to remember to look up the other sites’ records and manually change those to match.

Would also like to see LastPass add more sites to the list that they can auto-update, but that’s just a wish list item, not a big deal.

This review makes it sound pretty horrible, but I really do love it. So much that I’m willing to put up with these downsides (in hopes that they’ll make the fixes eventually).

Brad H.

My team and I LOVE Last Pass! It's easy to use, helps secure your login credentials and so...

Reviewed on 3/10/2017

It's very secure for supporting all of my passwords. I don't have to worry about remembering a bunch of different passwords, lastpass autogenerates secure passwords for me and remembers them for me. And allows me to access it from any device if I need to.

It allows me to share passwords with my team for products that charge extra for additional users when we don't necessarily need additional users.

It's fast and works really well all around. Not all software does that but it gives me confidence that I can trust it with my passwords.

It also allows you to auto-fill forms for saving time filling out repetitive address, email, phone #, cc info etc.

Pros

First off, with so many things to log in to it's impossible to follow good password procedure, which is important, especially with all of the hacks that go on. If a hacker gets one of your passwords, they know they can access a lot of your websites. Lastpass removes the pain of creating a secure password and having to remember it. You only have to create 1 secure lastpass password and you're golden.

One of the biggest pains it solves for my team is allowing us to share passwords/logins for software that charges extra if you need multiple users. As a small startup that can't afford to pay for each user for every software we use, this is huge for us.

It also makes onboarding new team members easier. We give them access to the services they need and can see what each service does in the notes section of the lastpass app. It also helps when my business partner signs up for a new software, I can know what it's for and viceversa.

I also feel more secure having my passwords on lastpass than on Chrome's password manager.

Cons

I think the design and user experience could be laid out a bit better, but it's good enough. The way they have it set up can make all of your passwords etc. feel overwhelming at times.

Also, there's the obvious downside that if you forget your password you could end up locked out of all of your accounts... So make sure you remember your password.

Best Password Manager - Minus the Breeches

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

I've used it for close to 10 years, can't say I'd keep using it if it were bad. We tried Dashlane and while it had better security, the mobile features weren't as good, so we reverted back to LastPass.

Pros

Easy to use. Works on both desktop and mobile so I don't have to choose. Sharing passwords is easy.

Cons

There have been multiple data breeches and it is sometimes "too easy" to use. This can be a plus and a minus. Someone can hop on my computer, without any verification and everything is available to see.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

Mobile worked better and it was easier to share in the company

Cheaper, easier, password sharing
  • Industry: Photography
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

LastPass good product but let down by support

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

Overall my experience with the product itself was good. It has been very reliable over many years and contains most of the functionality you need. There are some features they have been slow to implement though and competitors have certainly taken the lead now though.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has been my go too for many years. It's fast, responsive and reliable. The integration of a personal account into your business account is superb, you can easily segregate your work and personal password management and if you move on from a company carry on using the personal account.

Cons

One area they could improve is the password creation capabilities. The ability to create passphrases would be beneficial. The area where they really let themselves down though is on support. The time to receive a response was poor and the response itself was inaccurate.

Timothy G.

Small bugs can be irritating but GREAT software and value for the money

Reviewed on 29/9/2019

I love the software and highly recommend it for every team. It promotes strong passwords and consolidates all credential information into a safe place. In addition, it makes entering credentials easier with autofill. The price is right, it works on a variety of platforms (including linux), and it works.

Pros

This is great for consolidating all of your accounts and passwords into one place. And, with it all in one place, it's easier to have randomly generated passwords becase LastPass will automatically sign you in to sites. The free version does everything you need. The Pro version is really just to support the company which is why I pay for it. The value is great, it works on multiple platforms, and it's easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Cons

There are small bugs such as LastPass not offering to remember an updated password sometimes. This can be annoying as it would force you to either hedge against that happening by copying the new PASSWORD into a text file somewhere or change the password again If you trusted the software to detect the change. It may be something that the specific sites are doing but it's annoying none the less. Other bugs include having to refresh the site to get autofill to work or the button to show up or having URL differences force the app to not recognize that you already have a login for this site. These bugs don't happen too often but when they do, they are annoying.

Secure and Simple

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

As a software developer with many accounts, Last Pass has saved me from remembering lots of passwords and prevented me from re-using the same password everywhere. Its definitely improved my online security a lot more and it works on my chrome browser and my android phone. It also lets me do a security check of my account and warm me of old passwords that could be changed.Overall love using the product for both personal and work related accounts.

Pros

Easy to add existing passwords automatically with a click when you log in. Its easy to update a password and use an auto-generated secure password. Auto-generated passwords are easy to create and customize to meet website requirements. Available on so many platforms and devices. Warns you if passwords are compromised, old, duplicated or too weak. Categorize accounts you have saved.

Cons

Seldom it does not integrate well with some websites and the auto change password feature does not usually work as advertised.

1Password

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Many staff currently used LastPass in their own capacity as its has a lot of features and its free.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Annoying to setup, seamless to use

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Overall I recommend, it solves a huge problem every company has. I just wish they had some better competition so we could resolve the annoying little issues...and maybe their UI/UX wouldn't be so horrible.

Pros

Overall I love LastPass. It has allowed me to modernize our entire team's approach to password management. Gone are the days of storing outdated passwords in an Excel sheet. I can now set more complex passwords for websites and only provide administrative access to a handful of people – removing the entire team's ability to change a password on a whim.

They also offer a full suite of apps – desktop, browser, and mobile.

Cons

Setting it up is a huge pain. The import process was finicky, transitioning my account over from a single user to a team took a few days to complete, and reaching out to support was completely useless (they just sent me to a link that was unrelated to my issue). I transitioned accounts as part of a test phase to ensure LastPass would work for our office, which I would assume would be a fairly common procedure.

Also, managing team members can be confusing. Overall, it works well but the UI/UX is just bad.

1Password and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Previous experience with the product
Victoria B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Secure and Simple password management

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

Overall, Lastpass does it’s job very well. The pros far outweigh the minor cons, although a suggested password feature would be great!

Pros

The browser plugin works very well.
The prompts to add new logins can be helpful.
Easy to create new logins manually.
Easy to share with vendors and teams without risking security.

Cons

Doesn’t offer a “suggest password” feature.
Can be a little annoying when constantly trying to fill in logins with inaccurate suggestions.

Sarah A.

Decent Password Keeper

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

Pros

I don't like using the same password for every site, yet, it can be cumbersome to catalog the many passwords I have. We were recommended LastPass by an IT friend and once I created my account, I haven't looked back. I love that LastPass secures almost all of my passwords and notes.

How does it work? I wondered the same before I first used LastPass, so I'll dive into that. You install LastPass on your browser, create an account with your email and a master password (this is the ONE password you'll need to remember) and then you get to work going to the sites you normally frequent with UN/PW combos and when prompted by Lastpass, you ask for it to save your password on the site. On the main hub site of LastPass, all of your saved passwords will be on file with a logo of the sites. You can just click on an icon and it will take you to the site where you can log in.

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't save ALL of my passwords. For instance, I can't save more than one Gmail password. I also don't like that at times, it just doesn't work. I'll be logged into LastPass, but when I hit the button on the site to autofill the UN/PW from the LastPass extension, it won't do anything, so there are times that LastPass is buggy and doesn't work...which is an issue if you're 100% reliant on LastPass saving your passwords. I have come to find that I also need to save some of my passwords in the notes section and simply copy and paste the UN/PW into the site when these bugs happen.

Give this to your parents for Christmas

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

I love that I can access all my passwords via one secure master password. It works on my phone, in my browser. It auto-completes on websites (and importantly this can be disabled per domain)and generates secure passwords during signup. I can login to the website if I need to access a password on the move, and I set my dad up with LastPass and I know his master password, which makes all of his inevitable daughter-tech-support phone calls much much easier to handle. My favourite feature might be the form-fill feature, so I store addresses and cards and LastPass autocompletes forms for me. I hate filling in forms while online shopping or signing up to services because I never remember my details, but now I don't have to :D.
It's also great for securely sharing passwords with others.

Cons

My main complaints are related to user interface. The admin panel is difficult to navigate and confusing, but fortunately other than initial setup, you don't spend too much time interacting in the admin panel, so it's manageable. The chrome extension also crashes occasionally which is annoying but turning it off and on again usually fixes it.

Courtney H.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 18/4/2019

Pros

I had been looking for a password manager for some time that is safe, secure, and easy to use - and I definitely found it. What I like most is the ability to save more than one account per site/software. This is extremely helpful for me as I typically work with more than one email for different reasons (work email vs personal email). I don't believe that this software would be very safe or functionally for the work that I do. I work with multple client accounts, so a software that had more levels to entry would be better. However, highly recommend this password managing software for personal use.

Cons

The one thing I would suggest to be beneficial, is the ability to save more than one password per entry. For example, I have a few accounts that require two separate passwords for a single login. This is a unique instance, but for LastPass is only recognizes the first and usually the first password keeps appearing even when I am trying to type in the second. Besides that, I really have no cons for this software, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs a simple password manager (for personal use only).

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

This tool is just perfect for those who forget

Reviewed on 2/10/2018

It's a great tool that made my virtual life a lot easier. I have to remember only one password now, I don't have to be concerned about my security and I always can easily access all of my logins. I'm very forgetful, that's why LastPass is so fantastic for me.

Pros

I always forget stuff. And when you have dozens or even hundreds various tools to use, you either forget your passwords, or use the same one. Well, I'm all about my privacy and safety, so using one password was not an option.

That's why I started using LastPass. It's just fantastic. You set it up once and then it does all for you. It will create you especially difficult passwords, every time it will be a different one. And only you'll be able to access all your tools and logins. LastPass will fill everything for you. It definitely makes your life easier.

And it works on all platforms! Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, even Chrome OS that I use sometimes! It's fantastic!

Cons

Sometimes LastPass might crash on Chrome OS. It's fine on Windows or Chrome browser but on Chrome OS it's a bit less stable. However, not many people use that OS, and I don't use it that often too, so I'm absolutely fine with that.

Justin B.

Indespensible tool to improve security

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

Replacing "cheat sheets" where passwords are accessible to anyone near the person's desk. It's also not as easy as hacker opening up a plain-text file. Users can more quickly sign in. Users reset their passwords much less often. Users are much more likely to not have a universal password.

Pros

Makes passwords convenient enough that users stop using post-it's and "cheat sheets". It is much faster than having a user manually type it once or twice to get it passwords right. The option to share passwords fairly quickly with others is invaluable in my IT department. I feel very good about the company and having our data in the cloud. I feel it's very safe and near impossible for a hacker to get my encyrpted passwords that are only decrypted on my user side. We have one enterprise account that we use to be the main account and then we share it with personal accounts that are free. Some of our users we pay to upgrade to pro so they can access the passwords on their phones.

Cons

Sometimes it takes an hour for a new password to sync to my phone or another PC.

Concurrent access can leave you wondering which password is the newest.

Dario O.

Never Loose Your Passwords Again

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

I am using it for years and never had any problems with it. Everything is safe and secure, encrypted - your data is totaly safe. This is the best password keeping service I know and recommend it to everyone. Paid features are also good and useful. You can use it for free like me without any problems.

Pros

Easy to register, use and figure out. All you have to do is just install LastPass extension in your preferred browser, register, login and you are ready to go. It will store your passwords that you enter on sites and autologin if you choose so. When you switch computers all you have to do is install the extension again and login and you will have all your saved passwords with you on any computer. If you want to remove it from the computer, you just uninstall the extension from the browser and install on another computer. There are options to create folders for different password types, to store credit card data or any website info that you want to easily input like the address. It really saves time entering address, credit card info and user names & passwords.

Cons

For me there are no cons with this one.

Rabeah A.

Crucial for any business that needs to share sensitive passwords

Reviewed on 8/10/2018

Password management for our employees, once a member is added, it completely removes the question "Hey what was the password for X and Y?" from the workplace

Pros

The ability to share access to login information to websites/apps without allowing the team member to actually see the passwords.

For example, we hired an in-house designer on a 3-month contract to work with us. They needed access to the 30+ websites to complete their work. To mitigate risk, you don't want the contract worker to have access to those sites after their contract is completed. Instead of resetting passwords after they leave, you can use Last Pass to do the following:

- Admin has the contractor provide an email, where he sends out a request to join our Last Pass team.

- Contractor accepts, and we grant him/her the ability to auto-fill login information. They are not able to view the password at any point (all they see are the black dots when logging in)

- when the contract is us, you just remove that user from the team, and voila! They no longer have access to those passwords at all, removing the need to do any password changes.

Cons

The price is a bit steep, but its the best option on the market, so we just bite the bullet and pay for it.

Peter W.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Password management made easy

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Pros

Lastpass is brilliant, I use it for personal use and my team uses it for work accounts. It's sleek, mobile-friendly interface is easy to use and navigate. The ability to categorize your passwords is great, being able to easily find old accounts and sort them in a logical manner.
Lasspass also offers the ability to automatically update your passwords (as long as the account your trying to update allows it), making updating old and in-secure passwords easy and effortless.
Lastpass will also generate a secure and crack-proof password for you when creating new accounts, ensuring your accounts are secure.

Cons

The main gripe I have with Lastpass is the problems it seems to have connecting to its own servers, I'm always getting warning messages that it's unable to connect to the internet, but I know for sure that I'm online.
It's not particularly easy to switch to another Lastpass account, without totally logging out of the existing one. The ability to have multiple accounts saved to one browser would be perfect.

Exactly what you would expect for managing passwords.

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

LastPass has given us the option to tighten down on security for our managed accounts well maintaining accessibility across several parties.

Pros

The platform does exactly what we need it for: manages passwords across hundreds of accounts. It makes organizing the hundreds of accounts possible without compromising security for the accounts.

Cons

The Chrome extension doesn't seem to be well optimized for managing as many passwords as we have. Sometimes it slows down logins and the Chrome application.

Tyler L.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Secure Password Manager

Reviewed on 21/8/2018

Pros

Nowadays, with so many websites require unique passwords, it is extremely hard to keep track of all of them in a secure manner. This is where Lastpass comes in. It allows you to store your passwords in a secure vault and you only need to memorize one password after all of it is setup, your Lastpass master password. After all the setup, you get a very functional piece of software that supports multiple platforms and browsers. You set it up then you forget about it, that's how good it is. It also has other useful features baked in such as password generator which generates a very secure password for you.

Cons

I have found the android app and autofill to be slightly buggy since Android Oreo but the basic functions still perform fine. I am sure that the developers at Lastpass are hard at work solving these bugs. Other than that, Lastpass is and will remain as my goto password managing program because of how streamlined and universally available it is.

Daniel K.

Once you understand how it works it is very useful!

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

Overall I do like it and I am also considering using Lastpass for my personal use as well (purchasing a single user account). For work it is definitely a time saver and less frustration with forgetting passwords. Also very beneficial for security purposes as the passwords generated are very secure (you can set this up as well manually).

Pros

It is very easy to add logins to your lastpass account and you do not need to worry about remembering your login information for all the different work tools you use. Forget creating passwords and remembering them. It is easy and safe for the end users and for the company it also provides security.

Cons

It was not easy at all to understand how it works. The UI is not that friendly and without internal company training it would be hard to understand how it actually works. Sharing passwords via last pass also was difficult and we ran into some issues with colleagues.

Having a better on-boarding tutorial would be needed for an easy place for learn content.

Ira P.

Critical tool for running my business

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

Password creation and management is both simple and secure.

Pros

It all starts with the ability to generate a unique, secure password. A click or 2 and there you have it! Then, the ability to securely save and manage these passwords is critical, and LastPass makes that as easy as could be. And when the need arises to share a password, the sharing capability is fantastic - I love that I can share the actual password when appropriate, or just provide access while keeping the password hidden when I want to limit the amount of access/control someone will have on a shared account.

Cons

There is very little not to like. I have no complaints about functionality. One very minor thing is that the cost has creeped up for the paid version, but it is still quite reasonable, AND most people can use the free version without any problem, so I don't need to pay for most of my employees.