LastPass

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

Zamruddin

World best password manager is LastPass

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Pros

If you worry about your Facebook, Gmail & any other website password remember or write on a page or some very common passwords for your account like- name123, dogmybirth123. This kind of password is easy to guess hacker easily hack your account, and take all of your important information from the website. Every year millions of websites hack and their data is sold on the dark web for 1 or 5 dollars. This is very easy for anyone to access your life and take control of them. That thing is created LastPass which I am using for my password management and it easily does this task for me, I don't need to worry about password storage or thinking about new passwords for every new website because in this world time is more valuable than anything else. And I don't want to waste them on the just password. LastPass auto-generates a password for me and saves also in a secure place that now one access without the master key. that thing gives me a reason to use LastPass. I am using this for a very long time. Everything is good and great for everyone.

Cons

If something is great for everyone that has a negative side also. One biggest reason for the switch is now you can only use LastPass on a single device you can't sync multiple devices with their free plan. You need to pay for them to use LastPass on multiple devices.

Julia
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent Password Manager-Easy to Use

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

Overall, LastPass keeps my passwords secure and has a great autofill. It also is helpful to see where you are reusing passwords or have weak passwords.

Pros

LastPass is very easy to use and has a great app and desktop experience. I have used a few other softwares, but LastPass seems to have the best interface with mobile and desktop. The autofill on mobile and desktop is very useful and works most of the time.

Cons

When the app gets logged out on desktop or mobile, it can be frustrating when the autofill will not work. It also used to be free for several devices, but they now charge for this feature.

1Password and Passportal

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

Norton's app did not always work

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

The mobile app and desktop experiences are better with LastPass.
Ryan

Used To Be Good

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

Pros

The software stores passwords in a simple but effective UI and has very good uptime.

Cons

The software is feeling very old, it is slow, doesn't work with a lot of websites that competitors software does. The new Chrome extension is shockingly bad. We have had to swap all users to use the old UI as the new UI does not work on 97% of sites we use and is quite the pain when it keeps popping up when it should not. The software used to be good but has really gone down hill in recent years. We are looking to move soon.

Nikodem
  • Industry: Automotive

Good start if you are looking for password manager

Reviewed on 5/8/2022

I was using LastPass for few years as a password manager and generator. It was working very smooth and I haven't noticed any issues with that. I like that it provided extensions for the browsers that I'm using, which made using it even easier. Mobile phone was also supported, so it covered most of my use cases. The problem is that LastPass decided to change their free plan and make it practically unusable. This was the time I decided to switch to other password manager which is Bitwarden (which is free and provides the same functionalites).

Pros

LastPass is a reliable software. It has integration in form of extensions for all major web browsers, as well as mobile devices.

Cons

LastPass limited free model to only one type of device (PC/mobile), which made it practically unusable and forced users to buy subscription.

Keith
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Last Pass - The Manager you need

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

Really positive, first started out useing the free version for personal use and then integrated into the business - its quick and simple to get sorted

Pros

Its very quick and easy to setup and allows the storing of passwords, items that you need security

Cons

You do need to use the paid version to get some functionality - sometimes the password sync can be a bit hit and miss and will give you credentials for an unrelated page.

Bitwarden and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

General fee and ease of setup made this a positive choice
Danish

LastPass Password manager

Reviewed on 7/11/2022

Pros

Easy to manage multiple passwords and share them with teams without letting them to actually know the password

Cons

nothing. still exploring the product....

Zoho Vault

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

its an enterprise product .. a clear and easy console.for end users it easy to use and for admins also its simple for management .
Matej
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

My first password manager

Reviewed on 1/10/2022

Password manager is a must, and Lastpass is a good choice.

Pros

It was my first password manager, so the first time I could forget my old complicated password system that I head to learn by heart

Cons

I could not get everybody in the newsroom to pay for Lastpass so we could easily share passwords. Strict company policy did not allow us to officially buy the service. So everyone was paying their own accounts.

Arzu

Easy to Use Password Generator

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

First, I started to use LastPass just as a password generator. But then I started to store my password there also

Pros

It keeps my password securely and it's easy to autofill my passwords. Thanks to LastPass I can see my password strengths and weakness and keep my account safe. The browser extension is really helpful.

Cons

You should be logged in to use autofill. And unfortunately, it constantly logs out of you. And also it has a very limited free plan.

Anthony
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Platform that ensures optimal password management

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Robust platform that ensures optimal password management that facilitates login for employees and allows for a high level of security and reliability.

Pros

I really like that logging in with this platform is a quick and easy process. It has the ability to generate alerts when attempts are made to access our information without permission. When employees need it, they can share the access password without running any risk. It has a centralized administration panel that facilitates the control of the use of passwords.

Cons

The only thing I consider that could be improved is its user interface, which could be more intuitive and visually more pleasant.

Yassine
  • Industry: Design

LastPass is the best Password manager in the world.

Reviewed on 6/11/2022

LastPass allows me to save and manage all my personal and business passwords in one place, making my work and life easier.

Pros

I like being able to save all of my passwords and other login information in one place, especially with a lot of passwords i used before, now its easy to use them without the fear of losing them, i have a master password for LastPass, that i remember, other password i don't have too, LastPass do the job for me and keep my mind clear and focus on work, also the way the extension worked with every browser i use is a blast, work very fast especially the autofill feature, i login to websites very quickly.

Cons

The only complain i have is that sometimes LastPass have problem with some websites detection.

Benjamin
  • Industry: Government Relations

The very best choice for password management

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

I like using the password generation, organizing my vault, seeing it sync in when I move over to mobile. Expanding my vault with more and more passwords makes me feel increasingly secure and like I'm taking control of my online life.

Pros

I'm really happy with the password management tools provided by lastpass and how it keeps me organized. I enjoy creating different folders, subfolders and diving things between work and personal within my vault. For sufficient modern day online security the average person is needs to maintain hundreds of different account and logins with each having a unique password consisting of a random string of characters. It would be impossible to manage this without a trusted tool like LP.

Cons

Autofill and autosave are very, very good but still not yet at the point where every website works. And I haven't figured out how to autosave new passwords when I'm on mobile and have them sync over to desktop. That's really my only criticism. But perhaps, it's my fault and there is a setting where I can enable improved mobile autosave. I'll keep looking into it. Overall, this is a very valuable product that everyone should use.

Last Pass - just simplifies your security

Reviewed on 30/3/2022

I've used Last pass for a very long time and it's met my every need. The ability to sync and fill passwords on any device is amazing. The security check-ups happen automatically and non-intrusively, so you can feel safe.

Pros

I love the security audit of passwords. It's easy to see which sites are at most risk with simple or duplicated passwords. Makes it easy to keep on top of your security. It's also great to see breach detection alert you to compromised credentials without you having to go search for it.

Cons

There's no dedicated desktop app, and the only way to use it is with a browser plugin. I would love to see a Desktop app with global shortcuts to enable filling of credentials into non-browser based applications.

1Password

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

I wanted a cloud based data sync that had good cross platform usability. Having the mobile application and credential integration in iOS and Android is a must.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Primarily the price, but I prefer the way that Last Pass integrates with the browser over most alternatives.
🌿Tim

Great password storage for the average adult

Reviewed on 16/3/2022

Pros

LastPass provides the ability to store passwords in the cloud for retrieval over many devices. This allows for users to create unique, complex and long passwords for each service they use without the worry of having to remember them. This as a result vastly improves the average user's security because they will have difficult to crack unique passwords for every service. So even if 1 password is compromised others are not.

Before using this software I had a number of hacks on a few services i used because one password shared over many websites was compromised. Since I moved to lastPass this hasnt happened.

Its also very affordable for family use offering very cheap family packages and allowing sharing between users. I use it with my whole family and since the whole family has switched we haven't had any compromised passwords.

Finally its very easy to use. Which does provide some security flaws but is in my opinion a great compromise for the average user. Often security and ease of use collide, i think that Lastpass handles this in the best possible way for the average user

Cons

Simply the fact that passwords are stored online rather than in an offline repository could provide an attack vector. But this is offset by ease of use and password sharing between devices.
I also don't know the physical location that the password server i use is located. This could compromise my accounts to foreign actors.

Brian
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

LastPass is great for those who always forget their passwords

Reviewed on 30/1/2022

Pros

I love that it is easy to set up and use. It usually automatically asks me if I want to add a login and password when I log into a site for the first time. It's really simple, and all you have to do is click on yes/ add. I don't have to go in and enter it manually, which is very nice. It also works across all my devices, I just log in to it and I can even use it while browsing on my smartphone. All my passwords all easily manageable cause it categorizes them into different categories for me as well. It makes it fairly easy to find one and edit it if I need to. I also like that if you reset your password, and then log in with a new password, LastPass will ask you if you want to update your stored password automatically. So there's no need to go into it and change it manually unless you need to. It's also simple to use, for me when I open a website that I have credentials stored for, there's a little box icon with 3 dots on the end of the username box. When I click on the little icon, my stored credentials come up and I just click on them to enter the info automatically. Even if I have more than one set of credentials for a site, it lists them all and then I just pick the one I want to use. You have to be logged into it, of course, so don't worry about security unless you leave yourself logged in and walk away from your computer. I have it set so that it logs me out automatically after a certain time of inactivity. I think you can also set it to log you out right after.

Cons

The only CON that I have so far about LastPass is that sometimes it will put certain things in the wrong category when it organizes it for me. It doesn't;t happen every time, but every now and then. Like something should go into the "Social" category, but it will put it into the entertainment one instead. Sometimes it's annoying, but I can also move it if I need to.

Patrick

Excellent password and profile management

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

I've had this manager for 5+ years and I absolutely love it. The one thing I would add is the ability to search the vault for logins with duplicate passwords.

Pros

It just works. With hundreds of passwords, some infrequently used, a manager is a must in today's world. The browser plugin easily recognizes your credentials for the site you're on, and gives you the option of multiple logins on a dropdown list. Simple.

Cons

At times the drop down list is unreadable making it difficult to identify which credential you need. This mostly happens on mobile. Some websites do not allow autofill, but that's not LastPass's fault.

Windows 10 and Google Chrome

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

Ease of use and better features.

RoboForm

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Don't trust the other companies to protect my information.
Alex

Recommend for those new to password management, experienced user may seek other options

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Overall my experience with LastPass has been positive. I switched over from using KeepPass when I acquired a year long LastPass subscription through a bundle purchase. The seamless cloud synchronization and reliability of browser extensions was a positive compared to the open source KeepPass solution. After my subscription expired I continued to use the free version of LastPass until they announced free accounts would be limited to a single device, after which I purchased a year of LastPass premium. With my current year subscription coming due I believe I am going to start researching other options to see if I can find something that meets my needs at a better price point.

Pros

Very simple and easy to setup and deploy. The browser extension and phone apps make using LastPass a easy way for most people to have secure access to all of there passwords from any device they might use, the autofill options will eventually result in making the entry of secure unique passwords easier than manually typing in a short non-unique password. LastPass has a free tier of service so it is possible to explore what they offer before commuting money.

Cons

The free tier is only usable with 1 device so to get any real value out of LastPass compared to other free options you will need to pay. The yearly subscription can be pretty expensive for the service they provide. The passwords are stored in their own cloud service which some may not consider a feature depending on your level of paranoia.

Favio

All your passwords secured and easy to access

Reviewed on 27/8/2021

In general, Lastpass it's a GREAT app, has it all, secure storage of my sensitive data, password generation, easy to fill out the info in every app or site I use on a daily basis, can access my password from anywhere, and, best of all, I only need to remember 1 Master Password.

Pros

I really like how easy is to access all my passwords with just a few clicks, no need to remember them, and can set up a different one for each site or app I use every day, also, I don't waste any time creating a new one using the "generate secure password" option, allowing me to comply with any password requirement, and, with the Premium Plan, now I have unlimited access from any computer or mobile device, saving me a lot of time and headaches.

Cons

There have been concerns regarding how secure the app and the site are, but, after all the time I have spent using Lastpass I have no doubts all my information is in a secure place, however, the only thing I was not happy with was to choose from which device I would need to continue using the service, desktop or mobiles, unless I upgraded to Premium, was thinking about doing it anyway, but, didn{t like to be forced to do it.

Michelle

Easy to create, store and manage all your passwords in one place

Reviewed on 25/8/2021

Great - Improved my teams ability to share passwords securely and personally it has enabled me to have much stronger passwords for everything - personal and business. I just wish I could convince my Mum to use it!

Pros

The browser extension and mobile app just make Lastpass so easy to use. I love that I will never have to think of another strong password as long as I have access to Lastpass as the generator is great for this. Knowing my personal vault is completely secure, but that I can also add any password in to a shared folder to enable collaboration across a team is great. And there is no better feeling than only having to log in to one application and know that wherever I browse to if I have an account the credentials simply populate from Lastpass automatically.

Cons

I find provisioning users a little labour intensive - but that might be because I haven't ever looked to see if there is an easier way. And if you have a login page which asks for more than 2 credentials e.g. account name, user name and password... but as long as you put the account name in the secure notes of the password entry on last pass it's still easy to find.

1Password and Zoho Vault

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Features/functionality, price and recommendations from business colleagues
Kenny

Reliable password management. LastPass is on top of things.

Reviewed on 23/7/2021

I have a very positive experience. Using the tool for the first time was very intuitive, I didn't need any tutorials or help pages. I also never ran into technical issues and the LastPass team informs you of important changes and news from the 'online security' world. Very good customer service, I love how professional and customer-centered LastPass is.

Pros

What I like most about LastPass is how easy it is to quickly create secure passwords and manage them with a few clicks. The auto-saving of passwords is a nice feature as well, saving you a lot of time. I know LastPass uses the highest password encryption and security standards, that's why I rely on this tool. I've had too many issues in the past because I used bad passwords. With LastPass I know I'm using the right kind of passwords and I don't even need to remember them.

Cons

LastPass allows you to access the tool on one device as a free member. Since I use desktop more than mobile, I activated in on desktop. It would however be nice to be able to use LastPass (as free user) on both without having to choose. I understand it's part of the 'upgrade to get more' business model, but I'd love to see this.

Alhassan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

With LastPass, I no longer have to keep one password across all products and services I access

Reviewed on 19/7/2021

I no longer had to keep requesting for password changes from service providers because I simply couldn't remember what the last one was. And also Lastpass helped me rid of a lot of bad practices like sending unencrypted emails to myself with passwords, or keeping the same passwords across multiple products and services.

Pros

Generating passwords can be very frustrating -- my choices were either too weak (and got rejected) or too complicated to remember easily without needing to note it down somewhere. To solve this problem, I would typically come up with one password every year and use it across all tools I use. And this was very risky, because once someone found it out, they could access every single thing I used. With Lastpass' robust password generator, I no longer have to worry about that. I am able to generate unique and strong passwords for each service and safely tuck it away without needing to keep it in memory.

Cons

I wonder if there could be a system where we could create baskets of associated passwords within the general vault. This would be useful in situations where I needed someone to do some work on some work tools that required password access. I could then give them access to the general vault and the specific basket with the tools they would be using.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

At the time, Lastpass seemed like the more secure option. And it came recommended by our systems administrator
Jeremy

My LastPass Password Keeper

Reviewed on 13/7/2021

Overall, between Logmeonce, nordpass, 1password, Password boss, and many more different programs you can use to protect your online credentials, i woul dhave to say LAstPass is in the top 5% range. It is very affordable, easily managed, easily accessible, and can be used on every device as one account.

Pros

I have had multiple different password keeper accounts in the past, none that amount to the complexity of LastPass. It can be downloaded onto your phone & onto your laptop so that when you switch from one to the other, it has all the passwords remembered right there for you. No more typing in your username and password every single day on every single account you want to access, it is all automated and done for [email protected]!

Cons

I dont think there was anything i didnt like about it. I still use it to this day and i dont plan on veering away. There is even a free account that still allows you to connect all of your accounts, without any limitation.

Dashlane for Business
Jake
  • Industry: Media Production

LastPass is the Last Password Management Software your Team Needs

Reviewed on 21/5/2021

LastPass did a phenomenal job of solving the problem that our business previously faced–– sharing passwords with too many people. Every time we shared login information with others, we were facing a potential compromise if freelancers lacked character or their email accounts had been hacked. Thankfully, we never had bad luck. LastPass is a great form of insurance for helping business owners have peace of mind.

Pros

LastPass is a fantastic software solution for so many reasons–– My chief use of it is so my team doesn't have to personally know all the various passwords to websites and SAAS solutions our organization uses. Certain users have access to using different sites without knowing what the passwords are. This makes me feel much more secure hiring freelancers. It also really helps to be able to safely give more access to our company resources for colleagues.

Cons

With some lower-grade freelancers I hired, they had a harder time figuring out how to use the software to log into websites that I had requested from them. LastPass is not completely foolproof, but it is the best alternative to keeping your login information safe when sharing with workers.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

Bitwarden was a free solution. While it has high-level encryption, It didn't have the ease of use or the team features that LastPass has.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

I considered Bitwarden as a free alternative, but sometimes open-source solutions can be harder to tailor for use with teams. Lastpass clearly came out as superior with its long array of team-sharing features.
Quentin

Feel secure with your passwords and identity

Reviewed on 20/5/2021

Overall I couldn't do internet life without it! From Banks, work sites to free account sites, I need a vault for all of these passwords. LastPass does that.

Pros

Keeping unique passwords safe is no longer a concern with LastPass. Now I feel comfortable using complex passwords and know I've not used that password for other sites. Also having it automatically populate the username/password on most internet sites is really nice. LastPass also provides a password check to go through all your passwords and tell you how many are old, been compromised (publicly known hacked sites), used on multiple sites, etc. That helps you when you get a notice that an email/password combination for one site was compromised. Change for that one site, verify what other sites use that password too (shouldn't but we do, right) and change to be more secure and prevent hackers getting into your sites, stealing identity, etc.

Cons

Not being able to log into lastpass for free on both mobile and desktop. I understand the company need to make money.
Searching through many passwords saved can be hard at times but overall can find what you are looking for. Haven't seen new features for awhile so maybe something being worked on in the backend of the software?

Microsoft Excel

In cloud.
𝗣𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗮
  • Industry: Management Consulting

MAKES LIFE EASIER - PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY

Reviewed on 11/5/2021

Overall I love LastPass. I did try a few others before I knew that LastPass even existed. If I remember correctly I found it via a yahoo or google free trial. I use the premium version obviously but my daughter uses the free version which is still very very good. I have a lot of passwords and except for the auto login annoyance there isn't anything I'm not happy with. And I realize that the auto login is an excellent feature and it's definitely needed. My feelings about it may not be the norm but just unique to me. The price is great, the software is intuitive and easy to use so it's a no brainer. Definitely something to look at if you are in the market for something like this.

Pros

This software does not require a lot of time to set up initially. You don't need to sit there for hours inputting your login and passwords. Once you install LastPass it will prompt you when you are at a login page as to whether or not you want to save the data.

Cons

There is a button in which you can use to auto login. There are a couple of annoying things about auto login: 1. You have to look under the advanced settings to turn it off/on. It should be, in my opinion in a more prominent area on the page and not in an area that is hidden until you click on it. 2. My other issue is that I have several logins for some of the same websites. Auto login happens really fast so sometimes you have to logout and login again to get in the account you need at that moment. It's worse when you have 3 or 4 logins and it's like playing Candy Crush or Tetris but unfortunately this isn't fun.

See review above
Goran
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The absolute best in password security

Reviewed on 28/4/2021

I use it to secure all of my passwords. Since I installed LastPass I actually have a different password for every service, and have no fear that I will forget them. It also includes a very handy password generator I love to use when creating new user accounts everywhere. It is the single best password manager I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Pros

It is so easy to use. You just install it in your browser and forget it exists until you need to punch in a password you forgot. It is a perfect way to manage your passwords!

Cons

I would like it to remember my passwords automatically instead of asking me every time. I'm not sure that option exists so far. Other than that, it is great!

Keeper Password Manager

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

Dashlane is very expensive and LastPass offered a free version (that I later upgraded rather recently when they switched their free account policy).

Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

LastPass premium price is very affordable and it looks and feels much better than the competition. I must admit, the price was the main reason.