1,407 reviews

Justin S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy, feature-rich, and secure

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

1Password is a well-rounded product that should suit many different types of business environments.

Pros

1Password goes out of its way to make security more accessible for end-users. It isn't as though I couldn't use a competing product if I needed to, but it features a good deal of "quality-of-life" automation such as being able to scan a QR code on a web page. It also includes some of the most bulletproof security I've seen yet on a password management product.

Cons

It isn't an inexpensive service, but compared to the competition - especially when you factor in add-on services as many of them do - you come out ahead.

Secure and reliable password storage solution

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

I used to just save my passwords using the browser save and autofill features, but I would inevitably use weaker passwords because I would use different versions of several passwords that I already knew. Now, my passwords are much more secure and each one is unique. I just have to always remember my primary vault password and with access to the 1Password app (through my computer or my phone), I can log into any site that I want. It was also extremely useful for our technical administration of our business because there are so many logins to be saved for our company accounts with all of the different platforms, and it is easy to share these from one user to another in order to give them access to all of our company accounts (for the other executives to have). This is made easy by 1Password by being able to divide my personal accounts into one vault and the main admin accounts for the company in a separate vault that can be shared with another user.

Pros

This is a very secure option for storing passwords, and it syncs well between my computer and my phone. It can also save credit card information to make filling out payment forms quicker, and to be able to save the latest company credit card to make any purchases. There are many other types of entries that you can save in 1Password too that we don't even yet take full advantage of (software licenses, bank accounts, etc.). It is also possible to create multiple vaults, so that you can have a company vault and your personal vault separated. The Google Chrome plugin works great too.

Cons

It sometimes takes longer to save a new login for a new website because the password creation form is on a different page than the username for example. In these cases, I like to log out and log in again to manually update the login entry in 1Password to ensure that it has the correct username, password, and login URL all saved. It's an extra step, but it is worth it once you get used to it.

Nate C.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I'm a very happy paying customer

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

Pros

I've long had a theory that website's attempts to beef up their security by requiring increasingly more complex passwords has led to a DECREASE in security. There is no way the average human can remember 50+ complex passwords, so they instead do stupid things like writing passwords on sticky notes and/or using the same password across every website they use (meaning that if one is breached, which is inevitable, then essentially they all are).

Enter the hero of this sad tale--1Password! I have used this software for years now, and I recently upgraded to the family account to get my wife on board. As a result, I use a different ridiculously complex and secure password for every website I visit without needing to remember any of them. I simply use a keyboard shortcut that will automatically fill in those usernames and passwords for me. I love it.

Worried about not having a password you'll need while out and about and away from your computer? Not to worry, they also have great mobile apps that'll take care of you there.

Also, how many times have you had to ask your spouse/SO for the username/password for some shared account (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, bank account, etc)? No longer. With a 1Password account, those can now be easily and automatically shared to a common vault.

Also worth mentioning is one of my favorite features of any piece of software--it disappears into the background. It just queitly and reliably works in the background with little to no upkeep.

Cons

Honestly, I'm stuggling to think of anything. I work on multiple computers and therefore need things to effortlessly sync between them, and one pain point used to be a sort of fiddly and unreliable sync using Dropbox as a bridge. The syncing is now rock solid (using iCloud, Dropbox, etc.), so is no longer a problem.

I have used 1Password for several years and it is the single best investment that I have ever...

Reviewed on 23/6/2018

I can use complex and unique passwords for each of my 400+ accounts that are password protected. I also use the "Secure Notes" function to store things like encryption keys and software license numbers in case I need to retrieve them for any reason. I cannot stress enough how important this product is and the cost is less than a small coffee at many places.

Pros

In this day and age, when I see people using stupid passwords like their kid's birthday it makes me seriously question whether or not I should give them my data. The best password is so complex that it would be impossible to remember and never repeated for any of your accounts. Four years after buying 1Password, I have approximately 400 accounts each with different passwords that nobody is going to guess. The best part of this software is that there are plugins available for most major web browsers (I use Safari and Chrome). When I come to a website where I need to enter a store password, I simply open the plugin by entering my "1 password" and the software populates the website. I heavily rely on the iPhone and iPad apps which seamlessly sync with the software on my computer. The software will even alert you when you haven't changed a password for a period of time. Furthermore, if you change your password on a website, you will be prompted to update the entry in the Software, which it will do automatically upon clicking "update." In 2018, there is no good reason not to be using a password manager. Remember, I have like 400 password protected accounts and if even one of those companies has a data breach, I'd rather the hackers not get into my bank, credit card accounts, retail accounts, streaming services, and all the other accounts I use. Agile Bits is one of the leading developers in this area and 1Password software integrates well with just about anything.

Cons

It's not free. Seriously all joking aside, there is NOTHING bad about this software. My main gripe would be with developers who require a password that do not integrate with this software given how important it is.

Victor S.
  • Industry: Investment Management

The best password manager

Reviewed on 19/8/2019

1Password is a fantastic tool that will help you to manage your passwords and private data for a very fair price. Having one different password for every website can be a pain but 1Password makes it easier than ever.
If you wonder how you'll manage to login into apps & websites on your phone, the mobile app works like a charm and all your data is synchronized in the background.

Pros

1Password gives you an easy and secure way to manage all your credentials. Both Mac and iOS app are fast and stable.
I love how you can not only save passwords but also some important data like credit card numbers, bank accounts, software licenses and many more.

The 2FA integration is flawless, whenever you need a 2FA code, 1Passwords copies it and also restores your previous clipboard after a few seconds. This is one of the best features for me.

Not knowing any of my passwords but being able to sign-in only with FaceID or my fingerprint is an amazing feeling. 1Password is an excellent tool to use at work as well.

Cons

I wish 1Password had a tool to import Dashlane passwords other than using a CVS file.
Another feature from Dashlane that I miss is the ability to auto-login as soon as a web page is loaded.

Mac C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The Gold Standard for Password Managersce

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

Once you have got ALL of your personal information entered, it is a breeze to log into online accounts, change usernames and passwords, access personal info to fill in forms, etc. If you have a problem, their online forum is usually VERY helpful. Agilebits staff are responsive, respectful and skilled at solving problems.

Pros

I've used 1Password for more than 5 years. I've tried other password managers. Nothing... repeat nothing beats 1Password for it value, it's design, its constant improvements, its customer support, and its effectiveness as a tool for managing passwords and securely storing virtually every piece of personal information. It has become, without question, THE most important software I own.

Cons

It is challenging to get started. I recommend this app to a lot of friends and coach people in getting it up and running. It takes trust and dedication to enter all of your personal info and login credentials for ALL of your online accounts... identity, banks, credit cards, brokerage, social security, medical, drivers license, passport, memberships, software licenses, etc.

Patrizia I.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Keep your sensible data sound and safe and feel free to forget them

Reviewed on 15/1/2019

Thanks to 1password I am no longer afraid to forget important passwords, especially the ones related to my work tools. Every day I access multiple platforms and I guess I couldn’t do it without 1Password anymore. No more sheets of paper or data saved around!

Pros

1Password is terrible helpful, especially for those who work with multiple platforms and online tools, just like me. By installing the software and its extension you will no longer have any password problems.

The only thing you have to do is remembering your master password to access to 1Password and then the game is done. Indeed, the software will storage all your sensible data, from passwords, to payment details and software licenses.

Save your credentials is much more easy thanks to the browser extension. Every time you access to a new online account, 1password will ask you to save your login credentials and then, thanks to the ctrl+\ shortcut, it will easily recall your data and auto-fill the credential fields. It’s so comfortable.

For each platform you are free to save multiple accounts and information, you can also effectively organize your data by setting custom titles to each data series.

1Password has also a useful automatic password generator that saves you having to think about complex passwords, what else?

Cons

Sometimes the shortcut command didn’t work, I still don’t know when and why it happens. Maybe it is my fault.

To proper use the search function you should well organize your name and data in order to avoid any loss of time.

Steve B.
  • Industry: Media Production

16 pax media production company

Reviewed on 22/7/2019

Other than the plumbing issues on the backend when our company tried to jury rig a personal solution for our growing business, our experience has been great. I look forward to full implementation of the Teams solution for our business and having everyone on the same page. The rep from the business team, has been a huge help in solving some technical issues, in addition to helping me choose between a business account and a teams account. Big kudos to him for excellent service.

Pros

The functionality of having one program and one place to access all company passwords is wonderful, especially with the cluttered marketplace of keychain, google passwords, etc. For an enterprise, it's key to have everyone using the same, designated pw library independent of operating systems and browser accounts.

Cons

The plumbing of storing 1PW data in Dropbox and linking that to multiple machines has been hard for me to understand and clunky for our business. We started with 3 pax and that worked well, but as we've grown, not having a dedicated IT person and not having a standard process for onboarding, we've had limited implementation. Now that we've reached 17pax, we've upgraded to a teams account that appears to be solving the clunky patchwork of info and implementation.

Brian W.

Password management done right

Reviewed on 12/1/2019

We are a digital startup, and with that comes so many passwords for all the email and social media accounts, online services, servers just to mention a few. In addition to that, some of these passwords need to be shared amongst teaaam members. 1passwords allows us to do that easily and securely.

Pros

In an age where passwords get compromised every other day, it is quite difficult to keep everything secure while remembering all the different passwords. 1Passwords is exactly that, reduces the passwords you need to remember to just one. You add all you passwords and sensitive information to 1Password, while generating very secure passwords then using browser extensions and mobile phone apps, you can login at the click of a button.

I like:
- the simplicity of the user experience
- the security and peaaace of mind - tells you if your password has been compromised or if you're reusing it
- the ability to remember all sorts of sensitive information like files and credit card details
- the availability on all platforms

Cons

The one thing that is both a pro and a con is the login process. You need to enter your email address, a 20+ alphanumeric secret key and your master password. To be fair, 1Password has done everything to ensure you can get all these details as faast as possible.

• Industry: Government Relations

Changed our office

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Overall amazing, and I'm pleased at how easy it is to manage passwords and vaults.

Pros

Pros:
- 1 password, 1 account but different vaults to keep your passwords organized/separate
- Ability to share vaults, and thus decide what passwords should be shared with your team and what are personal, for only the administrative team, etc.
- Saves. You. Time. Holy moly you do not have to go through re-setting passwords because you simply don't have to remember a million
- Keeps you secure - I trust this product
- One of the less obvious pros: you know when you have to sign up for an account with a new platform and they need you to create a password with 20 characters, 1 special character, 2 spaces, 1 number, and it must contain French (okay, I'm exaggerating, but you get the picture) - 1Password will do that for you, and remember the unique and secure password it created so you don't have to.

Cons

Cons:
- The learning curve is steep. As much as I would like to, it's not software I would get my mom using just for the sake of it - it can be confusing at first
- It's hard to shop around for password-management software. Once you invest, you're kind of committed. If you don't like 1Password, it's going to be annoying to switch.

Trevor B.

Can't live without it

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Pros

How do you remember the passwords for every website you use? Ask any security professional, and they'll give you the same answer: Don't. You can't possibly remember more than a handful of unique passwords, and re-using the same password across multiple websites leaves you vulnerable to having your account hacked on all of those sites when any one of them suffers a breach.

1Password has been around for years and developed a reputation for reliability (a critical feature for this kind of software!). Password sync seamlessly across all devices you install 1Password on, and its browser extensions let you enter the right password for every site with only a keystroke. And entering passwords that way helps to protect you against phishing attacks, since 1Password will only enter the site's password if the domain is correct.

Every version brings smart new updates to stay security-savvy. My favorite recent feature: The built-in "Watchtower," which keeps you apprised of which passwords you may need to change due to reported breaches.

Cons

The search feature can be a little clunky. It's important to title your logins appropriately so that you'll remember how to find them.

Jordan M.
  • Industry: Photography

Seriously, don't look any further than this App

Reviewed on 21/4/2019

I use 1Password on a daily basis and cannot be anymore positive with it. It makes navigating my online accounts easy and secure because you don't share the same password across all accounts. It's auto-fill feature is super reliable and fast.

Pros

-ENCRYPTION ENCRYPTION ENCRYPTION
-Synchronisation between all of your devices.
-Seamless integration with iOS and 3rd Party apps.
-Great Password Generator
-Integration with haveibeenpwned.com
-Easy to use
-Great Organization system

That may just look like a feature list, but every single point there is a huge benefit.

This is a bit dark, but hear me out... Not many people consider what happens to their accounts/passwords after they pass away. Many families struggle to gather the pieces of information afterwards. If there is information online and they don't have access to the passwords they're in big trouble. With 1Password you can keep ALL of your passwords safe, secure, and private. Plus you can include your Master Password or Print a document of all your passwords and include it in your will-sealed and safe.

Cons

Although not expensive. The monthly subscription adds up over time and alongside all the other subscriptions we have.

Password peace of mind in a scary security world

Reviewed on 3/2/2019

The initial setup (going through all the websites and services you use) to update the passwords and add them to your secure vault is a time consuming process, but it is totally worth it. 1Password will also notify users of password dumps from prominent (and less prominent) site hacks. If you have an item from that site, they'll let you know so you can fix it asap.

Pros

I love 1Password and have been a champion of theirs for the last 6 years. I recommend to everyone that will listen to use them as their default password manager. Secure vaults and password recipes make creating secure logins a breeze. Sharing passwords / login credentials with you team (or your family) is also an incredibly useful feature in making sure that your credentials are top notch, but available to those that need them.

Cons

I wish they hadn't gone to the service model as I started using them when it was still just software you purchased, then got free updates one. Thankfully they grandfathered in their existing user base, but it would be a lot easier to convince friends and family to make a one time purchase, versus a continual monthly expense. The software itself is fantastic and couldn't make me happier.

Dennis G.
  • Industry: Design

1Password is so easy to use for password management

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

I have been using this software for years and it has always been seamless, but they add new features all the time. We purchased the family liscense, which gives us five users and I can oversee all five.

When I purchased it they were having a 20% off sale and every year I continue to get the 20% off, which is great customer service.

Any time I have had a problem, the support team has always responded quickly and solved the issue.

Pros

I use it on Mac and it is integrated into all the browsers I use, which are Chrome and Safari. You go to a site to log in and simply click a button, enter your master password, and you are logged in.

If you use it from the app itself, it's even easier. You just click on one button and it goes to the login page fills it in and logs you in right away.

All you have to remember is the one master password.

It even has an app on the iPhone and iPad to use, plus I have access to my most used passwords right on my Apple Watch.

Cons

Every once in a while it will lose the button on Safari and I will have to reinstall it. I think this happens when Safari auto-updates. Minor, but irritating.

Robbie A.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

If you don't want to pay a subscription for a password manager, this is the one for you

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Pros

They still have a standalone tier, where you pay once for the software and then you own it. Great place to store all your passwords, credit cards, passport, and other important documents and information. Easy access on all devices, and syncs quickly across devices. Integrates into browsers well.

Cons

Wish it would use Touch ID on my MAC to authenticate all the time, have to enter my password so many times each day. Think the look and feel of the software could be improved. They try to push you towards the subscription model.

• Industry: Legal Services

Most used App I own

Reviewed on 11/8/2019

This app is an absolute must have. I recommend it to everyone. No need to use the same few passwords that you remember, which leaves you open to hackers; no need to keep spread sheets of login information and passwords for all sites visited, which is time consuming and not always available; no need to save passwords separately across multiple devices. It offers storage of more than just passwords too, save router numbers, software licenses, notes, credit cards, id's and licenses, memberships, and docs

Pros

This app generates unique complicated log-in and passwords, categorizes them, saves them and recalls them so they auto-fill when you log into a revisited site. It makes having unique difficult passwords for each site a snap and saves you having to type in your user name and password everytime you access a site.

Cons

Saving the same site login information into different vaults within the app, warns you that you are using a duplicated password. This is annoying since it implies you reused a password for two different sites, rather than you have saved the site information into different vaults

Ben W.

The Password Manager I Use Every Day

Reviewed on 4/1/2019

I was always forgetting passwords, or I also used the same exact password. Now I can use more secure passwords and I don't even have to manually type them in.

Pros

I love the 1Password IOS app. It has been my preferred password keeper for at least 3-4 years, and I doubt I'll ever change. I love that it can use FaceID to unlock the app on my iPhone, plus the UI is simple and easy to use. It also has a section for credit cards and notes, which comes in handy. I have 237 accounts stored in my 1Password, and it will autofill these in websites and apps that allow this feature. This beats having to remember your login for hundreds of different accounts. It is fast and simple to add new login information, which means I don't forget to do this each time I setup a new account.

Cons

The only thing that is a little bit confusing is why sometimes I have to enter the master password mainually, and othertimes it will automatically use my face or fingerprint. This is a extremely small announce. Other then that I have no complaints.

Brandon Z.

Top notch password manager

Reviewed on 31/7/2018

1Password enables me to create, manage, and use a ton of passwords without it being a hassle.

Pros

As a freelancer, I'm constantly trying new services and setting up various accounts for my clients. I typically have around 14 new logins a month and have a total of around 1,200 logins.

1Password is simple to use and it keeps my logins secure.

A simple cmd+\ either brings up 1Password mini with suggestions based on the website you're on, or auto-fills if there's only one login matching that domain.

Their password generator is excellent, both the traditional random character passwords, as well as their random words password generator.

Password sync between computer and phone is quite handy.

Using 1Password for auto-filling credit card info is nice and easy too.

Cons

If I had one gripe it's that I don't use their tagging and vault features as well as I should. That's not their fault, but it's the closest thing to a "con" I can think of.

Rebecca C.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A must have when you have too many accounts for too many different things

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

When we were first asked to use this for work due to security reasons, I thought "Oh, great. Yet another software that I need to learn." Fortunately for me, this particular software actually improved my daily workflow.

Pros

I no longer need to note down my passwords on a separate software or physical notebook. It's so easy to save passwords - as soon as you enter a new password or sign in to a new site, the program will automatically ask if you would like to add it to your library. The Google Chrome extension makes the process even easier. If it weren't for the extension, I probably wouldn't find this software as useful! I also like the vault feature as it makes collaboration and password security really easy!

Cons

For a while, there was a glitch with the Google Chrome extension so I couldn't use it and that really disturbed my workflow. Fortunately, the bug was fixed within the week and I was able to continue business as usual. Another thing to note is that you aren't able to do everything in the app - for example, to properly set up vaults, you need to log into the web app.

Does exactly what it says it will do

Reviewed on 2/9/2018

Pros

I was "that guy" that the panic mongers warn you about - I could not remember 100+ unique passwords for every single site I logged into, so I used the same 3 for ... everything. Foolish? Yes, probably, but the only alternative was to keep them all written down somewhere where they could be found, so ... what to do? 1Password was built for this exact problem, and it solves it beautifully. My spouse and I have a shared account, so we can both access the financials and other joint stuff equally well - previously impossible when I had the (lame) passwords in my head.

Cons

There was something of a learning curve. I saw another reviewer mention that the Chrome extension is not user-friendly, I 100% agree with that. I was really very frustrated until I just went ahead with the membership plan. Haven't had any trouble since. But it did take quite a while to figure out, and the "help" and "FAQ" materials that were available at the time confused me more than they helped me. They may (probably have) improved since then, since my problems were well over a year ago.

Romina S.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

By far my favorite password manager

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

9/10 times it works perfectly. My team and I use it constantly

Pros

My favorite feature by far is the fact that you can add the 2 step verification to any log-in. This makes sharing SO much easier. I also like that you need a personal key to enter to a new computer.

Cons

In the mac aplication, the toggle doesn't always work. Sometimes it asks me to launch the chrome extension (which is already up), and it still doesn't work.

Blair P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Super easy and effective

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Overall, my experience with 1Password has been excellent and I would highly recommend it to anyone. More apps that simplify a persons life and work are needed in our increasingly complex world.

Pros

Like most people I have the need for several passwords and this program makes is incredibly simple to keep track of them all. I was hesitant at first, but after a few days of use I grew to appreciate this app tremendously. Websites, services, apps, social media all require a password and each have their own idea of what a password should contain (letters, numbers, capitals, special characters) which can make it difficult to remember. This app simplifies all of that. It's easy to use, simple to learn and most of all it just works.

I would highly recommend this app to anyone looking to simplify their passwords, save time and have one less thing they need to keep track of.

Cons

There really isn't anything about the software I don't like. It's simple to use, is aesthetically pleasing and effective. I can't think of anything I would change.

Gajendra R.

1Password Review

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

With 1Password, It’s easy to be compliance and secure. You need to remember just master password and rest this tool with take care. With 1password,need not to worry on shared system as it work with individual user.

Pros

While working on system, It have dozen of password to remember and every month those have to be changed. Thanks to 1Password which have solve the problem. Now I can have one master password and I can save all my password on the go. Works very well with Firefox. Good autofill feature and showing the history of password.

Cons

Updating the password bit slow. This is something need enhancement. As for I feel it is slow and not very n slow internet and it really a painful.

Safe and secure

Reviewed on 12/6/2020

1Password is very useful and has allowed me to increase the security of my passwords and various accounts while simplifying the password process - only needing to remember my 1 master password.

Pros

1Password helps me feel confident in keeping my passwords safe. I am able to have stronger passwords for accounts without needing to remember them all. The ability to click the 1Password icon, type in my Master Password, and have it autofill my secure information is very helpful. The app enables you to view your 1Password logins if you need to sign in to a website on a computer that does not have your 1Password account on it.

Cons

My main issue with 1Password is that when I create a new account using the password generator, it does not automatically save the login. There have been a few times where this has happened and then I need to reset my password so that I make sure to save the new login.

Adam J.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Must have software for any serious business

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

We have slowly rolled out 1Passoword to all our employees which has been well received. Its how we share and collaborate on accounts that need to be securely shared and it works well for collaboration

Pros

1Password makes navigating the complicated landscape of the web simple and easy to be secure

Cons

Need more ways to bring new/less technical users up to speed on how to use and get into the 1Pass life