1Password

4.7 (2,074)
Write a Review!
Password manager for businesses and families

(2,074)
4.5/5
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.5/5

2074 Reviews

Tracy
Tracy

A must have tool for me.

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

I've been very pleased. They continue to innovate and I rely on their product every day. Now that I've upgraded to the latest Mac OS and I have the family version I can easily keep all of my info up to date easily on all of my devices and share logins with my family when needed. I'm VERY happy.

Pros

I started using this tool over 10 years ago. At the time I was making a transition from Windows to the Mac. I had already been using a password manager for a long time and 1Password seemed to be the best option for the Mac. Over the years I continued to use the standalone plugin on my single computer. I have recently transitioned to the option that keeps all my devices synced and I can't imagine ever going back.

Cons

There were times when I had to get various versions to remain compatible with certain OS changes. Some of the newer versions of the software were not running on older Mac OS versions. The support team was helpful in getting it sorted out.

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

Pros

This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

Cons

While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

Sam

Enjoy using 1Password

Reviewed on 2/5/2024

Pros

It's a good tool for password management. Easy to generate complex passwords and save them all within no time.

Cons

Sometimes the password doesn't autofill and that is frustrating.

Jeremy Brand
Jeremy Brand

Does what it's supposed to, but transition between licensing formats is a headache for...

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Upgraded security and privacy

Upgraded security and privacy

Pros

1Password is a solid password manager that's available pretty much everywhere. It's been my manager of choice for quite a while after my last job covered licenses for the whole company. In addition to passwords, it also manages identities and payment methods, which makes filling forms out a breeze.

Since leaving that job, I went ahead and sprung for the individual license. Things have been fine up until recently, with their push to 1Password 7. They are clearly trying to move lifetime licensees to a monthly subscription, and it's breaking the software for me in critical ways.

Cons

Despite having a license, the Chrome extension still only runs in "read-only mode" i.e. completed nerfed password tool. Recent updates has made this significantly worse than other password managers on the market. I would have given up long ago had I not already paid for it.

Here's an example: Want to create a 1Password account on desktop to sync and save passwords? First sign in on web! Oh, you'll need an account to sign in. Don't have an account? View this FAQ. The FAQ says, enter your secret key. Oh, the Mac version doesn't have a secret key? Looks like you have the wrong version! You need the membership, which costs a monthly fee. And, surprise, now your extension is in read only mode, hope you don't mind we took that away.

I don't know if it's their weird decision to fork the Mac app store version from 1Password 6/7 (a move done to extract more money from monthly subscriptions, I'm sure), how they are handling the vault syncing with external services or WHAT, but this once solid tool is growing stale, fast.

Response from 1Password

Hi Jeremy Brand,

Thank you for reviewing 1Password!

I am sorry about the trouble with the Chrome extension. Please try to remove it and then install it using this link: https://1password.com/browsers

Let me know if that fixes the problem with the extension for you.

Thanks!

Best regards, Roustem
Founder of 1Password
Toronto, Canada

Michael

Gets the job done but a bit clunky

Reviewed on 16/3/2024

Pros

For simple password management for small teams and a relatively affordable per seat price, it gets the job done to meet the minimum standard for password security in today's digital world.

Cons

Chrome extension and UI feel a bit clunky and unintuitive for managing passwords and viewing and sharing vaults. 1Password also had a hard time correctly saving login information for forms with 3+ fields, e.g., AWS Console, so I always had to look up my AWS account number to input into the login form.

Keeper Security and LastPass
Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Industry: Design

very happy

Reviewed on 23/2/2024

It has help me in ways you could only think of on password.

It has help me in ways you could only think of on password.

Pros

The ease of using on any computer/device or browser

Cons

the price but that it for me. i see the value

I wasn't happy the way it worked. I had on foot int the door and jumped in 2018

RoboForm
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very useful

Reviewed on 30/5/2024

Pros

Having many passwords nowadays this is a very useful product

Cons

It can be daunting at first but very useful

Nathalie
  • Industry: Insurance

Security at its best

Reviewed on 5/5/2024

Pros

I love that all my passwords are easily accessible in one place and super secure with encryption.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. It's pretty simple to use.

Nicole

Safe password management

Reviewed on 8/5/2024

Pros

It is very useful for safely storing our senstive passwords.

Cons

Kindly ensure that we get more protection while transferring passwords to others.

Liam
Liam
  • Industry: Hospitality

Fell in love in one day

Reviewed on 22/5/2024

Pros

Great tool, easy to setup and as improved my life for storing passwords. So good.

Cons

Wasn't sure how to transfer the business passwords to other people without a bit of search

Bill

Good if you only need it for web sites

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

Pros

Using it with the Firefox plugin, it was very easy to use. It automatically filled in passwords on frequently visited sites, or offered to create a password and save it on new sites. The full 1Password web site was fairly easy to navigate. You can create as many vaults as needed to organize your passwords. As a tech consultant, I had 26 vaults and 1300 passwords. It handled the volume just fine.

My primary intent was to be able to share my own active password database with my customers, giving each access to their vault. For this it worked very well. If not for the problems with the phone app, I would still be using it.

Cons

For anything but web sites, 1Password became harder to use. I needed to be able to enter and look up alarm and door lock codes, account numbers and PINs, and other secure customer information, and do it on my laptop and phone. The phone app was the deal-breaker for me. I had to be careful when switching between the 1Password app and the app to which I was trying to authenticate. 1Password would often close and I would need to re-enter my master password. My alternative, KeepassDroid, stays open for a length of time you can choose, before locking again.

LastPass and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Looking for a way to share portions of my password database with customers.

KeePass

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

The sharing capability worked the way I needed it to.
Nick

Complex, But the Best Password Manager Out There

Reviewed on 18/1/2021

1Password is a software I would insist on using at any company, especially where sharing information amongst coworkers is essential, and—without question—when sharing virtual credit card information is necessary. It offers a lot of peace of mind in that regard.

Pros

I find 1Password to be the most secure answer to sharing most types of confidential information. Mostly, as the name suggests, this software is great for sharing passwords and/or full login credentials, but it's also great for securely storing credit card information, official eyes-only documents, and a great deal more. The browser integration specifically allows access to most of this information seamlessly, with no compromise in security.

Cons

I used 1Password for many years as a Team Member at another company, and now as the Owner/Administrator, I'm responsible for setting up the accounts of all employees. Onboarding new users tends to be a bit time consuming, and the desktop app and browser dashboards have completely different UIs, as does the browser extension, which sort of feels like I'm running three software trainings at once. It would streamline the onboarding process a lot if all of the UIs were consistent, but it's a small price to pay for what you get, and is entirely worth it.

OneLogin and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Partially, I chose 1Password because it's familiar. However, in choosing a password manager for the company I moved to, I exhausted my resources researching alternatives, and surveyed friends who work at other companies. 1Password was always the software of preference.
Jakub
  • Industry: Design

Once you get used to it you never stop

Reviewed on 23/4/2021

Great app with a set of features which the user finds userful only after some time using it. Like the Watchtower which gives you sort of warnings when there has been a breach in some services. Having th passwords saved somewhere else then the browser is im my opinion very practical and gives me confidance. As a skilled user I can sync my posswords over multiple machines even without using the cloud.

Pros

The application is fast and reliable. Passwords get stored securely and what mostly fascinates me is that the auto-fill feature really works all over the websites and it can be tweaked to work on local machines. Everything can be organized into folders and tagged. Finding a password is really easy.

Cons

The switch to the subscription model is understendable, but I did not like it in partiucular since I like my software licenced for a one-time fee.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

The appl was bought by LogMeIn and since the company did not go well on theLogMeIn application I decided to look for something else.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Transparency over company ownership and jurisdictional location.
Darryl

Stop being dumb and disorganized, get 1Password for your business & family!

Reviewed on 9/6/2021

Agilebits has really grown 1Password in the right direction. I've been with them for 10+ years and not only do they actually have support that respond, they even take the time to respond well. They could respond more quickly, but I'm not going to complain much about that, within 24 hours and a good response instead of 72 hours and a canned response... I'll take that any day!

Pros

1Password has evolved into a very nice software. Their Business Teams feature has been key in organizing our company virtually. Teaching staff why its so important to use random military grade passwords everywhere and never reusing the same password is key for any business that doesn't like to be hacked. People are pretty dumb when it comes to their passwords, 1Password, when used properly, sets the bar where it needs to be! Stop texting logins everywhere, use 1Password shared vaults to "transfer" a login or other sensitive data to a staff or family member! I've had my kids on it since age 3 with family vault so I can manage their logins, and teach them good practice on login management since day one.

Having access to all sensitive data on the go with the mobile app, priceless. Seriously, why are you still reading this GO BUY IT AND FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO USE IT!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, which is strange for me, as I am a critical mind and almost always find something to complain about :) Oh I got one, my complaint is that NOT EVERYONE IS USING IT! Fix that Agilebits!

iCloud and LastPass

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

At the time I chose 1Password because they were standalone vaults that gave me full control over my own data and security. Now anymore, many choose LastPass for price, but I would never sacrifice all the features, support, ease of use, and security that 1pass has provided all these years. I have studied the cloud-based version of 1pass, was impressed with their white-paper on how the encryption works, and wouldn't trust anyone else with a cloud-based solution, ESPECIALLY NOT APPLE / iCLOUD!!!

Why would you use anything else?

Reviewed on 28/11/2021

Overall our experience has been great. Their support, via both email and Twitter, is top-notch. The UI is modern feeling and easy to navigate. The ability to share those required logins within our company is the most important part of this software, and it's the part that 1Password exceeds at.

Pros

The features and modern UI look of 1Password made this an easy choice. Vault management is a breeze, and setting up groups for each department with those vaults is easy. The built-in QR code scanner to set up MFA is a feature that is invaluable as it ensures an easy way for our employees to use this and make sure their accounts can be as safe as possible.

Cons

There is only one thing that is currently negative for us, and that is that there is no G Workspace integration. There is a SCIM bridge to help bridge between different directories, there is support for MS Active Directory, but there is not get any firm plans for G Workspace integration. While this is currently not deal-breaking, as we grow larger we may need to look at alternatives if this doesn't get on the roadmap.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Lastpass felt dated and it didn't feel like the updates they were making were useful to us or bringing the product up to a modern feel. 1Password was less buggy, has wider support across iOS apps and Web and just felt like a better product to use

Russell
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Secure access to all of the passwords and IT guy needs.

Reviewed on 7/11/2023

Pros

Secure, encrypted password management that makes life a lot easier. Being in IT I cannot describe the number of passwords I have to keep track of or how often I have to change them so 1Password keeps me working without losing my mind!

Cons

The newer version of the mobile app will remain open longer without requiring the user to sign back in so I am sticking to the older version of the mobile app.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Dashlane could lock a user out if the main password was forgotten, which happened to one of our executives - he was not happy.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Ease of use and cost plus the business features are better.

1Password, the king of password management

Reviewed on 13/2/2021

Overall, 1Password Business is the 1Password we know and love, but it's for business. Additionally, everyone gets a 1Password Families which is a fantastic value. Plus, their support is fast and helpful.

Pros

First of all, the base product (1Password Personal) that facilitates password management, is terrific. Everything is made as easy as it can be, without sacrificing even one bit of security. It's easy to use, relatively easy to introduce into your life and then you can't live without it.

The 1Password for Families is even better, because not only you can securely share passwords, but each member has its own private vault. This means that Families includes everything in Personal. So you can encourage safe password practices in your family (which reduces the support in the future) but you can also help them safely recover their password should they forget it, without you getting access.

Now, when it comes to 1Password for Business, it has all the things you could expect (access rights, group, provisioning etc.) and it's exceptionally good. And its biggest advantage: every user gets a free, separate 1Password Families account for their family.

Cons

The only drawback I can think of, is the occasional feature that the competition may have (for example, automatic changing of your weak passwords) which 1Password refuses to implement, unless there's a 100% safe way for them to do it.
So, they might miss one or two smaller features, but their security is absolutely uncompromising.

LastPass and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Ultimate security, top-notch UX, fantastic support.
Alain
Alain
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent product for rewarding good password hygiene with easier logins

Reviewed on 28/5/2021

1Password is great to work with and their support team is responsive and honest. The product works smoothly and meets or exceeds our password management needs.

Pros

I really enjoy using 1Password. It is an integral part of my workflow. My colleagues have adopted it eagerly as well and it makes day to day logins into various systems much easier.

As an manager of a team of system administrators across security, cloud, and IT, one of the biggest wins 1Password gives me is a major reduction is password reset help tickets. That alone pays for the product.

Combine the user experience and reduction in workload with the awareness aspect of WatchTower and it makes 1Password an obvious choice for me and an easy recommendation for my peers in the industry.

Cons

As someone who has many accounts for the same service for different purposes, the lack of ability for the browser plugin to recognize which account is in the login form for auto-filling is a bit of a nuisance. Fixing this would be a major improvement to my workflow in the day.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Cleaner integration in the desktop across platforms and great mobile support. Overall 1Password is more polished than LastPass.

Probably the best password manager out there. Works across any devices and operating systems.

Reviewed on 11/3/2019

Great password management for anyone.

Great password management for anyone.

Pros

1Password is a great way to manage and generate strong passwords. It is available as a stand alone application for Windows, Mac and Linux, as a browser plugin for most of the popular browsers out there (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, etc) and it has native mobile apps for iOS and Android users.

Besides generating and storing passwords, it can also store secure notes, credit/debit cards, ftp logins and many others. It’s really well thought out and works seamless across all devices.

On iOS, it recently got an OS integration where you can autofill within most of your mobile apps which makes the process of sign in very easy and effortless. There is a similar process for Android users also.

If you are more conscious of where all this data is stored and trust Dropbox with this precious information, you can keep your vault (the place were all this information is stored), inside your dropbox account giving you more control with were your important data is stored.

Cons

There is no major issue to mention here. I do have to say that pricing is a bit on the up side of things. They moved to a subscription model which it’s a bit expensive from my point of view.

The good thing about their pricing structure is that you can buy a stand alone license for the current major version. This gives you lifetime access to this version and all the incremental updates that come along with it. They are pushing really hard for subscriptions and it’s harder to actually find how to purchase the stand alone license.

Carlos
Carlos
  • Industry: Entertainment

Convenience and security everywhere you go.

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

I often work on multiple stations. From my desktop computer; laptop; phone and tablet. Each day I have to access passwords for websites or when installing software on different computers.
What I like about OnePassword is that it keeps my access information in one place and organized. I can sync all my passwords with multiple devices and unlock with a master password. It also works with face detection in compatible devices.
I can also organize and save the license information for my software for backup purposes and even credit card information.
This is and essential tool when managing multiple sites and when I'm away from my main computer. It is hard to renumber multiple passwords and it's not recommended to always use the same password for every service and site. With OnePassword I only have to remember the master password and get access to my database. It can also be synced with Dropbox making it easy to update my list of passwords.
No more writing usernames and password on a piece of paper and modifying the list every time there is a change of information.

Pros

*Easy to use.
*Computer and Mobile App support.
*Extensions to use with most browsers
*Access saved passwords from anywhere
*Storage software keys and passwords
*Save credit card information for (Autofill)
*Minimal graphic user interface
*Compatible with multiple operative systems and browsers
*Free trial
*Low license fee with options to upgrade at discounted rates
*Master password can be also set as face detection.

Cons

*When a new major update is released you will need to also manually update your extension in your browsers and in some cases the configuration of the database.
*Integration with Dropbox is not always ideal, but it's a good option to keep a backup in the cloud.
*There is currently no two factor authentication
*Constant updates to keep track of (specially major updates)

Michael
  • Industry: Entertainment

Never get locked out

Reviewed on 28/3/2023

I have one good strong password that I've used for years but the sites that require uppercase letters and symbols mess that up. It's a monumental pain in the grass..Im glad I don't have to spend half the day scratching my head and digging through notes anymore.

Pros

1Password is different because it works on pretty much everything. Every device and every type of account. There are free password savers but the ones I've used don't go that far. For example one is limited to passwords filled while using a specific browser. 1Password helps me out with security in general and it has a password generator.

Cons

Paying for it isn't a pro but it is worth it.When I tried to import data from my old password saver I ran into problems and just started from scratch.

Bitwarden

NordPass Business

A life saver and works great now!

Reviewed on 31/8/2023

Pros

1Password is extremely easy to use, all features are extremely intuitive, and it will save you a lot of time.I'd highly recommend that anyone who uses 1Password downloads their browser extension, logging-in to any website will feel a lot easier once you do.This tool is so practical and easy to use, I can't see myself without it anymore.Security wise, it seems to be a step ahead of the competition, so unless you are trying to save some money, I don't see why you wouldn't go with 1Password as your solution for password management.The interface is great, I never had a question about where to find something or how to do something in it, and the apps they provide are too good, they just work.

Cons

I feel like the need to ask you to insert your password from time to time is quite annoying, but at the same time seems to make sense for security purposes.

W. Kent
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

I simply cannot fathom my password management without 1Password

Reviewed on 1/6/2018

Pros

Even though I am a single individual I have amassed a surprisingly large number of online accounts. From banks, credit cards, subscriptions, online retailers, reward cards, etc. You name it. I currently have 270 individual login accounts, and yes, I use the majority of them at least once every month or two. There is no way in hades that I would be able to use unique and long passwords for each one. The password generator is a fantastic utility. I just look at the website's requirements and make the password the maximum length and complexity. Watchtower is great for data breaches that I might not otherwise know about and the "aging" of passwords is helpful to keep my rotation current. Storage of software, licenses, SSN, credit cards and the like is brilliant. I can fill in websites with my current info at one or two clicks. I was not crazy about the subscription change in 1Password 7 but as long as it stays at the current price for those of us who have switched, I think it is a good deal. I hope it never gets too expensive and we have no option but to pay or lose the program. I have been using 1Password since (If I remember correctly, Version 2 and have it on my iPhone and iPad. I cannot say enough good things.

Cons

I wish there was a way to stop a password / pin number being flagged as weak if you have no alternative to the length of the password/pin. Also, I would love a feature that made a smart list of logins that have not been used in a user specified period of time. Such as, "not used in 6 months, not used in 1 year, not used in 2 years.... etc. That way one could begin weeding out accounts set up for one use, and no longer needed. One could go to that site and delete the account so there are not "orphan" accounts lingering in the ether.

Carl-Erik
Carl-Erik

This is a no-brainer: buy this for your business!

Reviewed on 7/6/2021

This is the most secure, yet user-friendly, software solution available for password management in the enterprise. Screw LastPass, get thi. I can use it on any browser, I have it on all my phones, it has excellent 2FA abilities (got rid of both Microsoft and Google 2FA authenticators), etc.

Pros

Security and ease of use. So easy and great to administer.

Cons

I like pretty much everything, but for a long time I needed to have 2 1Password extensions installed. Both the "native" version that integrated with the desktop software and the web-only version, but now the web-only version has integration for the optional desktop software, so nowadays I have no complaints.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Poor security. Several breaches.

Bakari
Bakari
  • Industry: Media Production

I Use 1Password Daily

Reviewed on 3/11/2023

I rely on 1Password to help me quickly log into websites. I need to use its sorting feature to clean out old unused login information, but overall I'm very pleased with the app.

Pros

As a long-time user of 1Password, I've relied heavily on it to manage hundreds of my online logins. This application significantly helps me organize and safeguard my multiple online accounts. The ability to generate and store complex passwords securely has taken a load off my mind, knowing that my data is much safer from potential breaches.

I particularly love the seamless integration with all my Apple devices, allowing me to access my information whenever needed. The Quick Access window is another feature that I find incredibly useful. With a simple shortcut, I can easily search for and copy login information, which has significantly sped up my online activities.

Another aspect that I appreciate is the clean user interface. The ability to sort data by last used and changed makes navigation intuitive and hassle-free. It's convenient that 1Password saves deleted passwords in the trash in case I need to recover one.

In summary, 1Password has become an indispensable tool in my digital life. Its robust features, ease of use, and high level of security make it a top choice for anyone looking to enhance their online security.

Cons

There are no significant cons for 1Password. It has worked for me for years. They keep it updated, and I don't mind paying for the subscription.