kintone

Betsey
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Great process management software

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

We picked this software in order to fix a paper based process that had gone wrong After we made the first application we've made 30 more for different processes in our company. I can't say enough good things about the software and how it has helped our company.

Pros

User friendly GUI
Easy learning curve for programming
Notifications
Process management
Great support
Adaptability

Cons

There is nothing that we dislike currently

Response from Cybozu

Hi Betsey,

Thank you for your feedback! We're very happy to hear about all the apps you've developed and how Kintone has worked for you!

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

The People make the Product

Reviewed on 13/2/2019

Transitioned a complex database with many "many to many" relationships which don't seem to something the designers at Kintone make a priority but thanks to experts and determined support from the team, we've figured most things out. We have a lot of work to do yet and it can feel daunting but thanks to the support, it is doable.

Pros

The support. Figuring things out wasn't intuitive for me and without the support team, I'd likely not have seen the transition through. The team was unbelievably patient and kind and smart about ensuring we didn't get it fast...but correct. Support team truly was the best value and made all the difference in the world.

Cons

Challenging to use and learn.
Lack of comprehensive tutorials.
I would always search first for help but only found very basic guidance which made me feel terrible for always having to turn to support team to figure things out. The product is great if you are very tech savvy and have advanced skills... or if you have the team for support. But if we had to go this alone, we'd never have endured.

Response from Cybozu

Hi there,

Thank you for your review! Our support team truly appreciates all of your feedback, and we're always happy to help whenever you need it. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need assistance!

Tina
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Kintone review

Reviewed on 27/9/2022

Hope for further future enhancements to make it more user friendly

Hope for further future enhancements to make it more user friendly

Pros

It is better than what we had but that is not saying much. I am hoping that future enhancements will make it better.

Cons

Every time I click on an app etc. it keeps opening a new tab.

Response from Cybozu

Hi Tina,

We appreciate your feedback. Your comment regarding Kintone's user-friendliness will be duly noted and passed over to the product team.

Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns

Kintone Team

Made it easy for a caveman

Reviewed on 16/2/2019

I am not a developer. I know how to spell HTML. The Kintone team took a concept I had and created a comprehensive client evaluation audit and scoring system that included multiple client support apps, like action planning. From day one until we were able to start testing initial versions was fast, fast, fast. The development time was a matter of months from start to roll out. The people we worked with were wonderful, honest and smart. The only challenge was that since I am not a "techie" - there were times their communications were a bit over my head. But they eventually learned how to communicate better with a novice like me. I was very, very pleased with Kintone and the platform they built and manage for us.

Pros

The system is quite robust, has multiple applications (audit, reporting, support materials, action planning), and easy to use.

Cons

Multiple clients cannot be working on their audit at the same time.

Response from Cybozu

Hello,

Thank you for your review and our team is very grateful for your feedback! As you mentioned, Kintone is a very robust system that can be designed however you want it to be, and we're happy that we were able to help turn your concept into a system that works for you!
Let us know anytime if there's anything else we can help you with!

Shin
  • Industry: Wholesale

Enhance your team collaborations & save your time!

Reviewed on 7/12/2023

It's just so great! We used to ask constantly to other members where the documents were filed and trying to look back at our last quote, last project, last shipping documents, etc.

Pros

Ease of use, coming up and making our own apps.

Cons

It can't email documents from the app.

Barry
Barry

Excellent drag and drop database builder

Reviewed on 20/4/2018

I liked the software. It has helped us find an easy way to track certifications for our organization...

Pros

What I like most about this software it is super easy to build a database with drag and drop. Also, if you need something more advance there is a custom development team that is affordable

Cons

I think the look of the user interface needs to be updated. The visual design needs work as it doesn't look visually impressive compared to some tools.

Response from Cybozu

Hi Barry, thanks for the review! So glad you're loving our drag and drop feature. It sure does help to build your custom apps with ease. I will pass on your notes about the user interface to the team.

David
David
  • Industry: Semiconductors
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy-to-use platform with great potential

Reviewed on 20/6/2022

Pros

It is a good alternative that incorporates simple to use and very efficient tools. It has the drag and drop tool that speeds up the creative process without code. It allows the development of an ideal database to track our customers and web forms. Creating simple and personalized applications is very simple and necessary to process time in the office.

Cons

The only thing I have noticed is that its user interface can be more visually pleasing.

Response from Cybozu

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad Kintone's easy-to-use database functionality is helping your business. Please reach out to us if you have any questions and our support team would be glad to help.

Troy
  • Industry: Food Production

Kintone Support / Ease of use

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

Very good experience. I recommend this software to everyone. If you are looking for paperless and an increase in productivity when it comes to entering data.

Pros

The support is very good. The software has made things a lot easier and faster for our production floor. The apps are easily built to our needs.

Cons

Ability to organize Apps in Categories.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to kintone

Ease of use and adaptability

Response from Cybozu

Hi Troy,

Thank you for your great review! Very happy to hear about all the great work you've been able to accomplish with Kintone, and our team is always glad to help if you need any further support! Feel free to reach out to us anytime!

Genesis
Genesis
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Kintone Review

Reviewed on 9/3/2023

Pros

Project management features are perfect for managing workflow and task. And it allow to customize data.

Cons

Nothing to least like however mobile app is a little slow.

Response from Cybozu

Hello Genesis,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear that Kintone's project management capabilities are working well for your business.

That being said, your feedback regarding our mobile app will be noted and relayed to the product team. We're always striving to improve our product and include new features for our users. Please check out our website for the latest product updates

Feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions. Our support team is glad to help you.

Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Easy Setup for a non-Techie

Reviewed on 13/2/2019

I chose Kintone because the sales rep was so much more involved and helpful than any of the other products I was considering. She was able to get me up and running with the free trial in less than an hour. Kintone really is easy to use. And even though I had a few roadblocks during the setup, I was able to find the answers online or through Customer Support.
And the fact that Kintone is a database as opposed to most CRMs that are built for the sales team, I was able to build the solution I need.

Pros

Kintone is easy to use. I was able to get it up and running in less than an hour (although it took several more tweaks to the setup before I had it working the way I wanted). Customer Support is excellent as well.

Cons

While many parts of the software are well-designed and look really good, there are parts of the software (like the Admin section) that look older and could use a re-design.

Response from Cybozu

Hi Michael,

Really glad to hear you've been loving Kintone! As you mentioned, anyone can create a build on Kintone that works for them. Our team appreciates the feedback as well! Feel free to reach out to us if you ever need help with anything!

Letlet

Is kintone the Answer to Your Business Needs? Our Comprehensive Review

Reviewed on 28/2/2023

The requirement for a bespoke application to manage leads and track our sales pipeline is one of the most significant business issues that we have been able to resolve with this software. We were able to create a solution that met our specific requirements without requiring extensive coding knowledge or IT support thanks to the dashboards, workflows, and forms that are highly customizable with kintone.We have reaped a tremendous amount of benefits. The collaboration and communication features of Kintone are one of my favorite features. Our team can collaborate effectively with real-time data and graphing features, automatic notifications, and a centralized workspace. We are able to keep up with our sales pipeline, share important information and updates, and utilize the most recent data to make educated decisions.Overall, I've had a very good experience with Kintone. Even though there are some drawbacks, like the high price and limited integration options, we've found that the benefits more than make up for the cost.

Pros

I've struggled to find a platform that, as the owner of a small business, can assist me in developing bespoke applications that meet my specific requirements without costing a fortune. This is why I was thrilled to learn about Kintone. I can create forms, workflows, and dashboards that meet my specific needs using the platform's extensive customization and adaptability, even without extensive coding experience.The features for collaboration and communication in Kintone are one of my favorite features. My team can collaborate effectively with real-time data and graphing features, automatic notifications, and a centralized workspace. We can also create guest workspaces for customers and partners outside the company, making project collaboration simple.In general, Kintone has been an excellent tool for streamlining our business procedures and enhancing internal communication and teamwork.

Cons

Kintone has a few great features, but there are also some drawbacks to think about. The limited options for integration are one of the drawbacks. As a user, I've discovered that, in comparison to some other low-code development platforms, kintone doesn't integrate with as many third-party tools and services. This can be constricting. For instance, I use a project management software that Kintone does not currently support, so I must manually transfer data between the two platforms.The price is another drawback. Despite the fact that kintone may provide more advanced features and functionality than some other platforms, its price can be quite high, particularly for startups or smaller businesses with limited budgets. Overall, even though kintone might not be right for everyone, it's important to weigh the benefits and drawbacks and decide if the platform's features and functionality are worth the cost and possible restrictions on integration options.

Response from Cybozu

Hello Letlet,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear that Kintone's collaboration and customization capabilities are working well for your business.

That being said, we're always striving to improve our product and include new features for our users. Please check out our website for the latest product updates

Silvia Elena
  • Industry: Telecommunications

LOve it

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Really good

Really good

Pros

Love to used and the ability to customize existing apps

Cons

relationship between apps when you change this over and app it doesn't change it automatically we have to upadate :S

Response from Cybozu

Hello Silvia,

Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you love our easy to use, customizable product.

If you're currently using Lookup field, I might recommend using Related Records. Related Records will be updated automatically when the changes are made on the source app. Another way you can update your records in an app is to import from an Excel or CSV file. I've included a link below on how to update records in bulk.

Help Center: https://bit.ly/3d4yCLD

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help!

Karen

Highly recommend Kintone to improve your efficiency

Reviewed on 16/5/2020

Wonderful. Only criticism I have is that I wish, as a Partner, I had more access to some actual apps. I do not find the already completed templates that helpful. It is much more helpful to see it actually in use for different companies. I completely understand customers right to their own developed software, but as a Partner who has signed an agreement with you, I would think that my company could have access to look at different 'in use' apps with the understanding that they would not be shared with customers. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is helping us to get access to apps one by one, but it has been a slow process that has delayed our sales effort.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use. Helpful employees. With a bit of help from Kintone, able to do everything I have needed from a somewhat complex lengthy first project.

Cons

No. It could work a bit on its appearance (ability to easily change colors on background, font, etc.) but for its functionality, ease of use and ability, it's top notch.

Response from Cybozu

Hello Karen,

Thank you for your positive feedback! Happy to hear kintone helped you improve your efficiency. We encourage feedback and product requests and I'd be happy to relay yours to the team.

Our team is always glad to help you if you need any further support.

Mark

Big business tool for a little price

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

We have built several databases for different operational areas. This has helped us track and store information about our facilities, vendors, and personnel. The notifications are especially helpful for stakeholders to get alerts when new records are added or comments are made, allowing them to quickly perform the next step in a process.

Pros

The product was so easy to deploy and easy to train people on. The price cannot be beaten. We switched over from Quickbase, which was much more expensive and less intuitive.

Cons

Print formatting leaves a little to be desired

Response from Cybozu

Hi Mark,

We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's pricing and database features are helping your business.

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Kintone review for security services

Reviewed on 28/5/2019

We needed a solution to house all of our client communication, customer contracts and unique services, equipment, billing information, CRM, document library, post inspections, and more. We are able to do all that and more and customize it exactly as we want it.

Pros

The software is customizable to any need.
The apps are able to be tied together through related records which is vital to our business.
There are many standard apps that can be downloaded for free and edited and/or used as a model instead of building an app from scratch.
Customer service for Kintone if very responsive and able to send an app template to assist when a premade app is unavailable. The template can then be installed and customized to suit the unique needs of the user.
History is tracked in each app to show the changes made over time. This is an extremely useful feature.
The entire interface is user-friendly and easy to learn.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize the portal and change the layout (such as move the location of the spaces and announcements).
While there is a lot of information in the help section, it could be formatted in a more user-friendly format.
I would like to be able to change the order in which the apps are listed in the apps section.

Response from Cybozu

Thank you for your positive feedback!

Larissa

Ryan
  • Industry: Publishing

Kintone for Book Publishing

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

Positive. It was slick to setup and I didnt need to pay an engineer. It has solved our repository and project dashboard needs.

Pros

Its a great repository for all of the specifications of each project and a great and easy tool for historical lookback when we have to reference old projects and do re-prints of books.

Cons

We have to use this AND gmail/outlook still... so we are still utilizing email and then having to fully do data entry into the software.

Response from Cybozu

Hi Ryan,

We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's is helping your business's unique requirements.

Leo

Kintone is ideal for people who are looking for highly customizable platform.

Reviewed on 3/10/2022

In general, I have been very happy using Kintone, I have built a variety of customized solutions using Kintone and I am hoping to do more.

Pros

Flexibility is what I love about Kintone. It has core features needed to handle many type of workflow in many industries. For those that are looking for more, It is also very easy to implement additional functionality and work with API from other system.

Cons

The UI really could use some work. As far as I think the UX is great, UI is struggling to hit good impressions.

Response from Cybozu

Hi Leo,

We appreciate your feedback. We are glad Kintone's customizability is helping your business.

Your comment regarding Kintone's UI will be duly noted and passed over to the team.

Nobuko

Very Simple and User Friendly

Reviewed on 20/5/2020

It's very simple and easy to understand for any users as well as Admin.

It's very simple and easy to understand for any users as well as Admin.

Pros

Easy to customize as Admin for any needs of what the company needs for end-user to use.

Cons

None at this moment but if I can say anything, we prefer to have tabs on Portal Home page to divide pages.

Response from Cybozu

Hello Nobuko,

Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you find our product easy to use, and enjoy its flexibility. We also offer customization for specific needs that may come up on the way.

If you ever have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact us!

Mitali

Kintone: Perfect Solution For Project Planning

Reviewed on 20/2/2023

Kintone is very powerful software that helps all the companies to handle multiple projects and improve their results. I'm using this tool for projects planning and task management with my team.

Pros

The Software offers great features to perfectly planning your project work with your team and generate effective result. It's very easy to use and eye-catchy UI.

Cons

Personally, I didn't face any issue with the tool right now.

Response from Cybozu

Hello Mitali,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear that Kintone's project planning capabilities are working well for your business.

Please reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions. Our support team is glad to help you.

Nacky
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Versatile and Efficient business platform.

Reviewed on 8/3/2023

Pros

This platform works with a variety of business models. Given that it doesn't require coding, the majority of its functions are simply and easy to use. The flexibility allows it to satisfy our currently requirements at acceptable level.

Cons

As a techy person, this platform is too simple as it doesn't require coding. However, I would really like to see how it's been done on the background. Also, adding more features would be beneficial such as sorting of apps based on personal preference rather than when it was made.

Response from Cybozu

Hello Nacky,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear that Kintone's versatility and flexibility is working well for your business.

Bruce
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great support

Reviewed on 3/10/2022

To whom it may concern.

Kintone’s technical support receives five stars from our organization--and...

To whom it may concern.

Kintone’s technical support receives five stars from our organization--and if there were more stars Kintone would receive them also.

What more can I say--near immediate understanding of our issues and effective timely resolution have been the norm. From responding to emails and phone calls to remotely viewing my IMAC to extending the trial period, multiple methods of outstanding support were utilized.

Our database is developed and ready to entertain beta testing. We are linking our residents by their attributes (education, history, geography, etc.) and interest (hobbies, physical activities, board and card games, etc). We look forward to a continuing successful relationship with Kintone—though we trust that our need for technical support is diminishing as we go live.

Bruce Johnson, PhD
Holy Creek Resident Link Database designer/administrator
Christian Living Communities: Holly Creek Retirement Community
(501c3 nonprofit entity)
Centennial, Colorado 80121

Pros

Met our needs for determingin matching interests.

Cons

Occasionally difficult to understand and sometimes it does not update data correct;;u

Response from Cybozu

Hi Bruce

Thank you for the positive feedback! Our technical support team would be pleased to hear your remarks. We are glad Kintone's support was helpful to your business.

Yumiko
  • Industry: Human Resources

Excellent software!

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

Pros

Kintone is extremely easy to learn and use. Each application is customizable so that is extremely useful too.

Cons

I think the overall look of the software may be a bit outdated but there is nothing about the performance that I would say is a "con".

Response from Cybozu

Hi Yumiko

We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone is helping your business.

Please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns

Scott
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Kintone is the BEST System We Have Ever Used

Reviewed on 27/9/2022

Pros

Customization options are second to none. It fit exactly what we wanted to achieve.

Cons

Overall we are very happy, and at this time have not found anything to improve on.

monday CRM and Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to kintone

It was superior in every measurable way.

Response from Cybozu

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the such positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's customizability is helping your business.

Brenden
Brenden
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Kintone is a great platform for creating form-based apps

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

They've got really good support if you've got questions, comments, or concerns. Their quote for getting more out of the software was reasonable. The pricing is great and allows non-enterprise users to access their platform.

Pros

Kintone offers a lot of functionality where you have form-based processes. It allows you to capture meaningful data from forms, create specific permissions all the way down to specific fields, create lots of apps, and generate reports from data fields. It was pretty easy to pick up on how to do everything we wanted and didn't cause a lot of brain damage on figuring out the platform.

Cons

You can't set permissions for tables within forms. We got a quote from them to do this, but for our client it wasn't going to be worth it.

Response from Cybozu

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for your review! Very happy to hear that you and your company have been using Kintone's features to the fullest! Our support team really appreciates your feedback as well; don't hesitate to reach out at any time if you need help!

Mayur

Recommended tool for admin

Reviewed on 11/7/2022

Pros

Precise progress tracking of my projects and great functionality of time tracking.

Cons

Poor customer support should be more faster.

Response from Cybozu

Hi Mayur,

We appreciate your feedback. We are glad Kintone is able to help your business with tracking features.

Your comment regarding customer support will be duly noted and passed over to the team. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns