Bill.com

BILL, a leader in financial automation software for small an

3.9/5
4.1/5
4.1/5
3.8/5

Daniel

Quality AP processing

Reviewed on 24/1/2019

Bill.com has saved us several hours a month with as we have streamlined our customer payment collections as well as AP approval processes.

Pros

It is quick and easy to forward emails with bill attachments to bill.com for AP processing. It is one of the features we love about it. Being able to set up rules that require different approvers based off of the amount of the bill makes it so much easier for our firm to get bills into the right hands.

Cons

Reporting is limited. Using this module for AP and AR on a daily basis, it would be nice to have some better reporting built within the system.

Response from Bill.com

Thank you for your review, Daniel. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Margaret

Simple to use

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

This is my third company using bill.com and i will continue to use it. forever. lol

Pros

Very easy to implement and use. integrates very well with quickbooks

Cons

Im not confident in its ability to process all international payments. So work great, and others seem a little challenging.

Response from Bill.com

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating, Margaret. We really appreciate your review.

Waylon
  • Industry: Building Materials

A true business essential for any size company.

Reviewed on 2/12/2022

Pros

User friendly, trusted and secure along with Effortlessly easy to navigate.

Cons

I’ve yet to find anything that’s not user friendly.

Response from Bill.com

We highly appreciate your review and thank you for bringing this to our attention, Waylon. We'll be sure to forward your feedback to our product team!

Mark
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Poor Business Practices.

Reviewed on 5/4/2020

I needed a company that could provide me with basic ACH recurring payments for my client's fees. My company, Revolution Debt Relief LLC, is a consultant based firm in the debt relief industry, providing education and assistance for consumer debt. We are not a debt settlement company, debt consolidation, or perform credit restoration, therefore, not in any way under the regulatory standards held within the debt industry. Bill.com seemed to meet my needs, and I was willing to pay a premium for their subscription ACH program to provide my clients with a more efficient service. However, after going through the sign-up process and giving personal information as well as my client's information for ACH processing, I spent a few hours getting familiar with the software. The next day, I received an email that my account was canceled, and that bill.com could no longer provide my company services. If I had known that Bill.com would arbitrarily pick and choose who they will do business with, I would never have given them my personal information or my clients. The fact that they conduct themselves in a way that solicits their services to the public takes your information and then cancels your account shows in my experience a very inept, fraudulent, and unethical way of conducting business. The operations manager noted it was due to the rules of their bank that perform the processing. If this is the case, I would look for a processor who knows how to do business.

Pros

Marketed as a product that could perform ACH functions with recurring payments for your business. Simple and straight forward functionality.

Cons

The software was a little cumbersome with a slight learning curb but overall will work for accounts payable and receivable basic functions.

Response from Bill.com

Mark, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

karie

Ease To implement and use

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Overall I highly recommend bill.com for small to medium size company. If bill through accountant admin, it's definitely worth the money.

Pros

it's very easy to implement. Sync between bill.com and Quickbooks is easy. Payment processing is also very easy. Love the approval levels that can be set up

Cons

The sync between bill.com and Netsuite is actually hard to set up. I had this issue with one of my client, there has been a lot of sync issue due to the set up. It may not be a bill.com issue, more of Netsuite, however, the trouble shoot was pretty tough to resolve

Response from Bill.com

Thank you for your review, karie. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Ryan Rey

Great software but has a few issues.

Reviewed on 12/8/2022

Pros

Easy to track invoices and credit memos by going through the vendor profile or searching by reference number. Able to connect to our accounting software. Auto populates information by finding invoice number, amount, and expenses.

Cons

Inbox has no sort feature, program freezes up when multiple users are working on it. The payment delivery date gets adjusted when the volume and amount of payment are high making the payments arrive late.

Response from Bill.com

Thank you for your review, Ryan Rey. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our app, and we'll be sure to get your feedback from our product team!

Jeana

Bill.Com is a cheap software, but good for certain situations

Reviewed on 18/11/2018

Pros

The ability to email documents into it, being able to drag and drop documents, bring able to pay out

Cons

Poor help, many quirks, many functions not there

Response from Bill.com

Jeana, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Mildred

Bill.com rocks!

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

The tool is very user friendly. I love it when it comes to approval processes, international payments and many more. I can really recommend this to my friends

Pros

Bill.com automates accounts payable and accounts receivable processes. What ILike about it is that it makes bills payments and approvals easier and faster and of course, it’s user friendly.

Cons

It’s just that the customer service is not that good. Please improve the customer service team because there are some urgent issues that should’ve been fixed as soon as possible.

Response from Bill.com

That's great to hear, Mildred. We'll be sure to pass on your positive sentiments to our product team.

Souaibou
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Billie.com

Reviewed on 1/1/2023

Pros

Best online invoicing and accounting software. Very easy to use

Cons

Customer service is second to none, all features work smoothly

Response from Bill.com

Souaibou. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Victoria
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Unpleasant for me, but good for the client being paid.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use, and fairly intuitive.

Cons

The customer service, and the personal information required.

Response from Bill.com

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team! Thank you for your review, Victoria.

Ivy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Fantastic AP Processing, with Some AR frustrations

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Aside from a few minor irritations regarding syncing with Quickbooks and document photo cropping on the iOS app, Bill.com has been an amazing addition to our workflow. Things are easier on the operations and accounting side, and our record keeping and bill payments are more timely and more accurate. This software easily pays for itself.

Pros

We use this program in concert with a remotely hosted instance of Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop edition.

My team can forward bills and upload receipts as they come in, and sit down once a week to process them all through to create bills that appear in Quickbooks. This has not only improved the timliness of our AP data, but it's also increased the accuracy of account and job allocations. We've also lowered our monthly CPA bills by about 40% because the reconciliations are much smoother.

The text recognition works very well and saves alot of time.

We use bill.com to pay 1099 contractors via a secure direct deposit, which has saved alot of time and effort mailing and hand-delivering checks.

Cons

I don't like that vendor credit memos cannot sync to Quickbooks.

I don't like that edits to invoices created in Bill.com won't sync to Quickbooks. To work around this, our sales team always clones and deletes invoices when they need to edit them. However this wouldn't be an acceptable workaround if we actually used Bill.com to send the invoices to our customers.

I don't like that the iOS app doesn't crop document uploads anymore. It used to do so.

Response from Bill.com

We highly appreciate your excellent review, Ivy! We're glad to hear that you find our service easy and helpful to use for your businesses. Thank you!

Kim
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Super simple to use, reliable and secure

Reviewed on 19/9/2022

Overall, we love this software. It has served our small organization well as we've grown. We don't have a full blown, multi person accounting and bookkeeping department but still have significant bookkeeping needs. This allows us to be more efficient and keeps us organized.

Pros

We really like the approval process and how simple it is to set up and use.
Allows the ability to split payments across multiple projects and account codes.
Allows vendors to input sensitive financial information needed to pay them via ACH without assuming liability that comes from handling sensitive information by our staff members. Great system!
The audit trail is helpful when trying to rectify a mistake. It allows you to look back at the process and see where something was entered or approved incorrectly and by whom. Great accountability.
The approval process workflow is exactly what our organization needed.

Cons

If a vendor enters something incorrectly when setting up their account or if they need an address changed, we aren't able to do it for them. That is terribly inconvenient at times.

Response from Bill.com

Thank you for your review, Kim. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our app, and we'll be sure to get your feedback from our product team!

Louis

Though a bit pricey , Bill.com offers a unique stand alone , automated website based accounts...

Reviewed on 1/5/2018

We as a company relished the idea of using a stand-alone website-based system to automate our accounts payable and receivable and found Bill.com.
Bill.com is almost peerless as it offers convenient integration with Quickbooks online that we use regularly. We can now create invoices and have customers pay online, as well the ability to create particular ACH accounts which allow for direct payment into our account as opposed to a percentage of the transaction assessed so often by other companies offering similar services. Customer service access was difficult to help support our usage of some record keeping tools however in our final analysis if a company is just focusing on accounts payable and receivable and NOT a complete financial system, Bill.com fits the bill.

Pros

We absolutely loved the immediate integration with quick books online.
Our company found the user interface extremely easy to understand and even easier to use with well written executed menus and graphs.
Invoices are easy to compose and customers are afforded the ability to pay online which we found ultra convenient.

Cons

The cost structure we find a bit pricey for the more enterprise orientated company models.
As a company wants to integrate with other systems like Intacct or Netsuite, prior membership is required.

Amanda
  • Industry: Accounting

Great for receivables or payables

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Our bookkeepers can enter the bills, the manager can approve them, and the CFO can make the payments. The segregation of duties helps protect the company. Simple to use. Easy to see when a payment will arrive and when a check clears.

Pros

It makes it easy to have an audit trail for entering, approving, and paying bills. It also makes it easy for customers to send electronic payments for their invoices. Customizable user permissions.

Cons

When you invite a vendor or customer to use Bill.com, it requires them to give quite a bit of information in order to set up an account. Some are reluctant to do so.

Response from Bill.com

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating. We really appreciate your review, Amanda.

Kelly
  • Industry: Accounting

Bill.com is a great way to get rid of having to write paper checks.

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Time saving.

Pros

I like that I can track when checks go out, if they've been cashed, and easily re-submit a check for repayment or for voiding. I like that I can invite anybody to pay via ePayment and they are in charge of entering their bank info in instead of me. I like that any paper checks that do go out, go out with a copy of the invoice you've uploaded into the system for ease of vendor tracking.

Cons

The refund or returned check feature doesn't always sync 100% properly with QBO (but 95% of the time it does).

Response from Bill.com

Thank you for your review, Kelly. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Anne

Continual heartbreaker

Reviewed on 18/9/2020

Pros

It was my first experience with any robust cloud-based software (meaning besides online banking) and set a high bar for a long time.

Cons

I’m an accountant and have been a Bill.com user for over 10 years. I use Bill.com with my clients and have recommended it many times to anyone with a small to midsize business. That’s all in the past though. Bill.com seems to be absolutely hell bent on slowly destroying what used to be an amazing, reliable software. I feel things started getting worse around the time they went public, but that could be a coincidence. Pricing has gone up considerably in recent years. The newest platform is buggy and they keep taking away features or moving them around so you have to play hide and seek. Their customer support personnel used to be wonderfully helpful, and now many folks I encounter barely understand the basic functioning of the software yet are quick to mark your case solved. My clients are getting frustrated with all the reduced quality alongside increased pricing and I’ve started searching for an alternative because there are so many competitors.

Response from Bill.com

Hi Anne! We're sorry to hear you're not enjoying your Bill.com experience, though we would love an opportunity to make it right! The fastest way to get pass on feedback is through our Help Center. After you log in to the Bill.com account, click Support in the left navigation pane. In the Help Center, you can search for answers and click Contact Us to chat with us securely.

Alex

Easy to use, simple, organized

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Pros

Helpful in keeping track of everything you've paid. Syncs easily with QB. Easy search features allows you to go back and view previously paid invoices. Fast payments. Tells you if payment is outstanding or not.

Cons

Sometimes can be a bit too simple. Would be nice to have some extra features. E.g. you can set up a recurring payment but you cannot edit any text that will appear on the check and it defaults with a date. Unable to add a contract number to a recurring payment.

Response from Bill.com

Thank you for your review, Alex. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Chad
  • Industry: Public Safety

Terrible Customer Service Team

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

My experience has me looking at the competitors as they seem to be struggling to keep this company together.

Pros

We were up and running quickly! No more printing checks in house.

Cons

Customer service is terrible. If you have problems you will need to wait at least a day or two after making an online appointment. Then you only get 20 minutes with the representative whom will offer a quick solution and not follow through with the rest of the workflow. This will leave you setting another online appointment, wait a couple of days and the process keeps repeating. Very frustrating! No one is on the same page! Three different answers from 3 different reps and still having workflow issues!

AvidXchange

Reasons for Switching to Bill.com

Bill.com was quick with setup/onboarding.

Response from Bill.com

Hi Chad! We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with our Customer Support. We'd love to hear your feedback if possible. The fastest way to get your questions answered is through our Help Center. After you log in to the Bill.com account, click Support in the left navigation pane. In the Help Center, you can search for answers and click Contact Us to chat with us securely. From there, please request to chat with a member of Customer Support Leadership. We look forward to hearing from you!

Margaret

upgrade from schedule fly, integrative

Reviewed on 25/6/2018

Pros

I like that we can integrate our sales from our POS, Aloha, to our HotSchedules account to forecast sales and help control our labor costs.

Cons

I wish that the request off features were a little less confusing for our employees, and that we could view the total number of people scheduled on a certain shift at the bottom like with older versions of Hot Schedules.

Response from Bill.com

We highly appreciate your review and thank you for bringing this to our attention, Margaret
and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Amy
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Bill.com

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

I've used Bill.com with our business and personally for several years and have not had any problems at all.

Pros

Bill.com is very easy to use and the app on my phone makes it even easier. I use Bill.com personally and with our business.

Cons

We had to cut down on our users in the app because of the cost. I wish there were options for multiple users that wasn't expensive.

Response from Bill.com

We're glad that you are having a great experience, Amy. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Susan
  • Industry: Wholesale

quick and easy

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

we are receiving payments much quicker than checks, and a lot less lost checks from the mail

Pros

quicker than writing checks, customers seem to like the ease of using this product, we suggest it to ours

Cons

there is nothing really that i don't like about it, very easy to navigate and use

Response from Bill.com

Susan. We highly appreciate your excellent review!

One of my favorite software to use

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Great software - easily sync with quickbooks and easy to connect to other vendors.

Pros

Customer support is great! They are quick and polite and are able to address my issue and questions. I especially like the follow up emails - they allow me to track the progress of the case submitted and I can continue talking with the same representative on the phone/chat

Cons

I think the automatic bill processing takes a bit longer than necessary. It would also be helpful if the automatic process could identify credit memos.

Response from Bill.com

We really appreciate your feedback about the app. Thank you for your good review!

Diane
  • Industry: Entertainment

Bill payment time saver

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Great experience and easy to use and train

Pros

The thing that I liked most is the method of processing invoices and payments was sped up dramatically. This became a huge time saver and more efficient. Easy to transfer information to our general ledger.

Cons

Nothing at this time. All functions are logical

Response from Bill.com

We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying our app, Diane. Thank you for your review!

Alexandra

Helpful AP tool

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Bill.com has been a great tool allowing is to book, schedule, and pay our vendors easily. It allows the vendors to know when their payment is being processed as well which is a great plus. Just a bit lacking on the reporting side but that is not the main function and we have other tools to compensate. Overall great!

Pros

I use bill.com to book and pay accounts payable. One thing I really like is that you can send an invitation to your vendor and they can input their own bank information and upload a W-9 so it cuts down on errors. Pretty straight forward to use and navigate.

Cons

The reporting section is lacking. It is not too big of a deal since we integrate bill.com with our accounting software thus run all the reports through them.

Response from Bill.com

Alexandra. We highly appreciate your review and thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we'll be sure to get your feedback to our product team to continue improving it.

Edward

Good solution for AP

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Document inbox works well for reviewing AP items. easy to approve and pay people. Easy to pay people via ACH or check

Cons

Sync with xero takes a really really really long time, but this might be xero's fault not really sure.

Response from Bill.com

Thank you for your review, Edward. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!