Clover

Comprehensive point of sale & business management solution

3.6/5
3.9/5
4.1/5
3.4/5

Robert

Been with Clover since Beta

Reviewed on 18/9/2018

Pros

I love Clover!!! Been with them since Beta and they have improved so much. Their app store has so many great tools. I have 4 locations and will continue to use Clover as I continue to grow pass 8 location.

Cons

NONE. lol really they have all solutions through their app market and they continue to improve.

Jodi
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great payment processing device

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

Clover payment system has been really great for our spa. Really easy to run transactions, reports or refunds. The customer service has been knowledgeable and super friendly when we have had any issues.

Pros

It’s is super easy to take and track transactions. Has report capabilities And many functions. It is super easy to use. I have two different clover devices for different providers and they are all great.

Cons

The software itself is wonderful. The only issue I have is with the flex portable device on/off button. It is on the side and client constantly hit the button when they are picking up to sign for a transaction. The button should be on back underneath where it can’t be accidentally touched.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Clover

Love the functions on the clover and the receipts it prints.
James

Delayed Opening of new business

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

I am solving a business problem by kicking Clover to the curb

Pros

There was nothing I like about Clover honestly.

Cons

I disliked the companies deceiving methods. I was lied to from the very beginning. They lied about every aspect of the Clover process and hardware that I would be receiving. They entered my bank account number wrong into their system and that was an entirely new disaster. They sent me a new Clover system on top of the one already had, so they tried to charge me double monthly subscription fees. Oh, I didn't mention that once you buy the Clover system, and graciously give them a percentage of your sales, you still have to pay them a monthly subscription fee? So long Clover!

Robbie

Easy To Use

Reviewed on 23/11/2022

This has done well in the capacity that it is used for within our company, and the integrations are helpful when they work properly.

Pros

We use this product for credit card processing at 2 locations and it works very well and is very easy to use and follow. It also integrates with our gift cards and timeclock.

Cons

At times it is difficult to navigate between the timeclock and the card processor. There have been many times that I have received a notification that I have clocked in, but then when I go to clock out, it does not show the initial clock in.

Lawrence
  • Industry: Wholesale

Customer Service

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Trying to get the original set up support is terrible. You will spend hours on the phone on hold, then transferred to another line to start over waiting, only to be dropped and start over. I have had this experience every time we reactivate our machines. Billing is another issue. We use these on a seasonal and reactivation is a nightmare.

Pros

Nice user friendly once up and running.

Cons

Inventory is hard to duplicate in all machines. When you download the template it has several errors when importing.

Reasons for Choosing Clover

Update
Sylvia

Clover Pos

Reviewed on 24/2/2017

From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.

Pros

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

Cons

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Phil

Could be incredible, but appears to be more geared toward restaurants instead of retail

Reviewed on 17/6/2022

It's been okay. When something goes wrong, there can be a lot of runaround from different techs. There is a support number that we have to contact for technical issues, a different one for banking issues, and a third for issues with certain settings within the system. It would be helpful if there was one tech support contact instead of three. The main tech support doesn't usually seem to be very knowledgeable, and have to reach out to a specialist to figure out how to help most of the time.

Pros

Clover itself wouldn't be much more than a payment processing system if it wasn't for the many apps that you can add to make it work for your business. The catch is, most of the add on apps cost a monthly fee. The option to have these apps make Clover incredibly customizable to fit exactly what you need for your store. Overall, we still saved money switching to Clover from our previous company.

Cons

The software seems to be geared more toward the restaurant industry. When we got it, we did so because it was supposed to be for all retail. We likely would not have gone this route if we had known what we do now, but we have made it work for a retail setting with the help of certain apps.

Brianna

Great but has limitations

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

Overall, it’s been really great. Whenever we have issues, clover is usually able to solve it. Their customer service has been wonderful; they take time to understand issues and make notes for their software engineers when there’s a bug.

Pros

Easy to use; intuitive layout.
The report overview can show sales by-the-hour which is helpful for planning.
The add-on apps have been working well; Menufy & the inventory audit are great.
The inventory audit add on also has a downloadable app which has significantly streamlined our inventory process.
Great customer service-they are able and willing to help fix any issues that come up.

Cons

The hardware can be glitchy. 2 examples: (1) the station will start clicking buttons randomly and sometimes this can only be stopped by restarting the machine. (2) the biometric finger print sign in will crash about 50% of the time when trying to add new employees.
The reports could be more customizable and the filters could be more detailed.
It would be nice if the whole thing was able to be customized to fit our unique needs, but for the price it works well enough.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Clover for small nonprofit

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

I think this is a great starter for nonprofits wanting to receive donations. They send thank you notes and constant reminders to the organization and donor. Easy to set up for donors. Allows for automatic bank transfers. Overall I recommend this tool.

Pros

Clover is really easy to use. It is a basic simple program that can help any organization collect payments or donations. Customer Service was not always easy to get a hold of, but when I did they were helpful. They have recently updated their program, which has a cool new feature that lets you send donations to different bank accounts. This is super helpful for designated donations.

Cons

It is simple and does not have a lot of special features. No custom questions on the donation page.

Neleh
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 7/1/2023

Pros

I absolutely love everything about Clover because it makes payments super easy.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing that I dislike about Clover.

ABIODUN
  • Industry: Automotive

Clover - Recent switch from Square and we are saving a TON of money in fees

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Now, with Clover, we have a clover mini and the POS is great,. We needed a system that could print paper receipts.

Pros

We switched and saved. Before, we were paying a certain percentage across the boards, with Square. Now we have great fees and pricing with Clover.

Cons

The thing I like the least, which is common with systems like Clover, it took a while to get acclimatized and for funds to make it to our account in a timely manner.

Reasons for Choosing Clover

We needed a POS that could print our customers a receipt.

Luigi

Easy, simple and effective

Reviewed on 26/4/2021

Very positive. It's ease of use makes it suitable for every demographic and It integrates well with our other systems like Shopify and Shopventory.

Pros

Since this system uses android OS so it follows a familiar mobile OS layout.

The system is extremely easy to use. I repeat, EXTREMELY easy to use. So easy that the boomers in our company did find it too difficult to learn.

It's large buttons and integrated barcode scanner makes transactions quick and smooth.

It integrates with most common applications such as Quickbooks & Shopify.

The option to search for products by typing the name is extremely useful.

As one of our owners put it, "It's pretty hard to make a mistake on it, even for a caveman like me."

Cons

It's certainly not as advanced as other point of sales systems I've used in the past.

Sometimes simple commands are buried in sub folders. For example, if you want to delete an entire order, you are required to push three dots at the top of the order, then select the "delete order" option from a list of commands. While simple is steps, the lack of clarity when while locating the the action can slow you down when you are busy.

A massive con is the that it does not natively support variable priced items by weight. In order to add this as an option, we're required to pay an extra $10 a month.

Something that has also been massively disappointing is that you can not increase the price of an item during the sale. If an item is at a fixed priced, you can not increase the price, you can only reduce the price or provide an item discount. This is a disadvantage if you don't necessarily need an item to be a variable priced item, of if an item is priced incorrectly. It forces you to use the open item option.

Francesco

A No-brainer to be your perfect POS

Reviewed on 6/7/2022

The experience has been easy and helpful. Honestly compared to my last POS my overall stress levels have declined by 99%

Pros

Easy to set up and use, inventory management works very wells

Cons

Wish it integrated better with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify & Magento

Reasons for Choosing Clover

Was outdated; updates no longer supported

Cash Register Express

Reasons for Switching to Clover

Better credit card processing fees
Chenna

Clover for restaurants

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Pros

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Cons

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

Michelle
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Clover is the lead merchant in 2021

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

I have had an incredibly positive experience with Clover. I have even called their support system before and the representatives were friendly and efficient. I spoke to a live representative rather quickly who was informed and able to help me. I would give this product a 10/10 easily.

Pros

I love the tap feature. During covid, our dental office has tried to take every precaution to limit the spread of covid-19. Clover has a tap feature so that our staff does not have to handle patient's credit cards which limits exposure. Many major debit and credit cards have this feature and users just do not know! Look for the symbol that has 4 lines on your card and try it sometime! It is very fast and effective! We are also able to email or text a receipt (in addition to printing) so that there is less "touching" and passing involved.

Cons

There is truly nothing that I dislike about this software. If I was forced to answer this question, maybe I could say that the swipe option sometimes needs to be run more than once because it does not read the swipe on the first try; however, 99% of cards use the chip insertion feature anyway!

Yessenia
  • Industry: Restaurants

Excellent POS System for any business!

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Overall it is a great pos system!

Pros

When we change to clover, we thought it was going to be difficult for us to learn how to use it. We were wrong it, was really easy to use and install. One of the things I love about it is, that I can add products remotely on the inventory. I can also verify the transaction remotely from my pc or my phone. The customer support is great, they immediately call back when you contact them for any problem you have with the machine, transactions, or any question you have. You can also add more features to your pos because they have a app store, which let's you add online orders, id verification, etc.

Cons

Our business is a grocery store and restaurant, so we have the ebt program for the grocery store. It would be great if the clover machine with detect which items are ebt and which aren't ebt elegible. That way we wouldn't have to do 2 different transactions, because it does take more time for cashiers to charge what the customer is buying.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Support staffs are not well trained billing errors

Reviewed on 23/2/2022

I would only give them 2 our of 5 stars.

Pros

Easy to manage, fast tech support, good features such as split payment,

Cons

after we closed our account, they still charged us for the monthly fee $39.95, to the old bank account that doesn't have enough fund. They had been charged the fee to our new bank account for months before we closed the account. Why they charged it to the old account for the final month(should not have charged). We ended up being charged by bank for Overdraft. Offline payment that we were not aware of so were charged $77 for three offline payment! I had hard time understand almost half of the staffs and the phone connection were not good a lot of time, outsourcing or just hired workers in foreign countries for lower labor cost? We switched to a different merchant that still use Clover but I learned the old clover machine won't work anymore. Long wait time when you need to talk to billing or other department

Jennifer

Much Much more than a credit card processor

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

This machine processes all cards. You can set up apple pay and tap to pay very easily. It has helped us streamline our checkout process.

Pros

The clover has more features like time clock, inventory, calculators and so so much more than your standard credit card processor. This system can run your whole business. It is easy to use much like an apple tablet and you are able to customize your apps to fit your business. And trust me there is an app for almost every thing you would need.

Cons

I like everything but I do feel like we are under utilizing a lot of its features. Maybe some online training for for our staff would be a good idea

Jeanine

DO NOT BUY A CLOVER DEVICE UNTIL YOU READ THIS REVIEW.

Reviewed on 19/6/2020

Everyone passes the buck. When you call Clover they tell you to call the app maker. You call the app maker and they tell you to call Clover. If you call your bank that you bought the system from, they tell you to call Clover. Everyone is "sorry" but no one can fix the issue or can offer an alternative.

Pros

There is nothing I like about my Clover device other than the price labels it can print for my products, BUT, that is an additional app you have to pay for and an additional piece of equipment you have to buy, which the rep told me was all included. I have to pay a monthly fee to be able to print price tags, he said that was also included.

Cons

1)Don't get too excited about all the apps they offer! They all cost money (if you want the version that actually does more than the basics) and NONE OF THE THIRD PARTY APPS WORK WITH EACH OTHER!!! So, you may download the rewards app and an invoicing app. Because they don't work together, the customer will never get credit for any of their rewards, etc.. 2) Technical support always says they will call you back but they NEVER do 3)Your system comes with minimal capabilities. Think of it as a calculator that can process payments. 4) Sometimes it keeps accurate inventory counts, sometimes it doesn't. 5) When entering inventory, it frequently saves an item twice. You may enter an item with a quantity of 6. Clover enters the item twice, now you have the item at 12!

Will
  • Industry: Law Practice

Clover for small business payment processing

Reviewed on 6/6/2021

Highly recommended as an alternative to Square for business on the go!

Pros

My business switched to Clover Go for payment processing after Square kicked us to the curb because they decided, with no warning or notice, that they would not let certain law practices use the service. We had to scramble and locate a new program for payment processing needs. Clover stepped up and we have used them ever since. We can take all forms of credit card payments using Clover. Their rates are reasonable and the funds are posted within a couple of days. We are very pleased!

Cons

We love Clover and have nothing bad to say about it.

Evan

Cloverflex

Reviewed on 19/5/2020

support is helpful, unit is sleek overall positive experience

Pros

It is really stylish and cool to have a wireless POS machine. Customers comment all the time of it being very modern - yet everyone can intuitively use it b/c its feels like any android tablet
Functions well - , nice on board camera , prints quickly takes payments quickly and allows you to add tons of helpful apps that i did't even know I needed

Cons

The battery life and Charger stand - I've had to replace it twice b/c the charger was not working and the corded back up doesn't really work - the rep was surprised we got it to work at all in a pinch.
Charger needs to be more reliable and there needs to be a back up wired version that can be substituted if the wifi goes done

Robert

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

Pros

sleek design, affordable, easy to use for a novice

Cons

reporting, very slow, loosing connection all the time

Toast POS
Stefano
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reports of 30+ days must be requested and can take days ... NOT INSTANT!!!

Reviewed on 5/8/2021

Pros

Slick look, easy to setup and use, clover mini

Cons

Reporting is substandard. Reports for a period of 3 months or more can take several days to get! Poor customer service. Clover Support staff could use more training.

Toast POS
jane
  • Industry: Accounting

Clever Clover!

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

We had dinosaur service prior to the Clover Mini, at least half of the time you would have to go online and key everything in because the reader didn't work. Clover feels and looks and acts like the rocket age!

Pros

We have a Clover mini in our offices. It is quite sharp looking, and sooooo intuitive to program for each office as well as use for check or charge, AND to research entries. It takes a little getting used to the icons, but they do make sense once you get used to it. Great instructions came with it for the set-up as well. Love it!!!

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that I do not like about this product, or that they could even improve upon! It is terrific!

Scott
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Clover POS is NOT for retail

Reviewed on 2/6/2017

We own a boutique where we also offer screen printing and embroidery. The clover system was sold to us as full POS system. Not the case at all. We were all excited to get started with it. It looked modern, cool, and expectations were high. When we tried to ring up our first printing order of more than 100 pieces we found our first issue. The system will not allow sales of items with a quantity of more than 100. Not a good thing when we routinely sale t-shirt orders of more than 100 shirts. We either had to make up multiple skus, which made a receipt look terribly unprofessional or make an invoice on word. Then I wanted to run a report on inventory value. Not possible. You can export a report to excel but good luck with that. My wife and I have both called customer support. We were both told that when enough people complained about the same issue, they may look into a fix. Until then, nothing would change. This was after going through multiple customer service reps who didn't even understand what I was asking for help with. When asked if we could return the 2 POS systems we bought we were literally told "they're yours, you bought them, do what you want with them, you could try selling them on ebay". Needless to say, at this point, POS and Clover have a whole new meaning for us. Definitely not "Point of Sale" or "Lucky Clover". We're currently looking for another option, over a lot of frustration later.

Pros

It looks nice, fairly easy to use. It's really hard for me to think of much good to say about it. When a POS won't run and inventory value report with totals and won't ring up items with quantities over 100, it's hard to find the Pros.

Cons

Won't process quantities over 100. Customer service is horrible. Can't run an inventory value report. Customer service is not knowledgeable at all. Seems anything you need is an add on app that cost you more. Did I say Customer service is horrible...