Clover

Comprehensive point of sale & business management solution

4 /5 (288 reviews) Write a Review!
3.7
3.9
4.2
3.6
Madison M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Use in my small businees

Reviewed on 6/8/2018

Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

Pros

My coffee shop uses clover devices as our POS system. The software is convenient and easy to place in a store. It features many apps that make it applicable to nearly any market. They also have many accessories- the main one we use are the receipt printers (small and regular size), the handheld tablet, and the customer interface screen.

Cons

Over time the clover tablets do slow down. We frequently reboot them to rev up the speed.

Elizabeth S.
Industry: Entertainment

Almost Great...

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

My overall experience with clover has spanned from the creation of menus and items with sub menus and add ons for each item, as well as specials for days of the week as well as happy hour times to daily usage for pos transactions. Overall I have been very happy with everything, other than the need to set up account through bank, as I mentioned before.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use clover for grab and go, sit down service, or retail services. It is the only pos system I know of that is easy to use for one or all three of the above type of service. With one pos you can easily switch apps and have optimized layout and design for each of the above, while keeping the same items and menus/submenus.

Cons

I dislike that it has to be used through your bank. It makes it really hard for management to have the ability to access customer support and full features, since most owners dont want their employees, even management, to have access to full banking info.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Katey K.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

For accepting payments

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Positive. Much easier than our last system. Just wish they weren't so expensive.

Pros

That it is portable and easy to use for people who are not tech savy. You can also take pictures of people if you need to when you take their payment.

Cons

How expensive it is to replace a machine that is out of it's warranty.

Dustin S.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: Self Employed

Best platform out there for mobile payments

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

I have had nothing but positives with Clover. It has streamlined my company's credit card processing and actually brought customers in because I accept cards.

Pros

The app is extremely easy to use and simplifies my mobile payment processing. I have tried at least five other companies/apps and Clover is by far the best. From the very beginning of a payment to emailing the receipt, Clover is extremely smooth and user freindly.

Cons

It won't let me type my full company name.

Dayna W.
Industry: Education Management

Two thumbs up for Clover

Reviewed on 26/10/2019

I have very much enjoyed learning to use the Clover products. I would recommend these products for anyone.

Pros

Clover payment processing software is very easy to use. Our school takes payments daily with the desktop CloverMini, the easily portable CloverFlex and CloverGo. It is very easy to print out a combined report with the total that will be deposited, yet showing who ran the individual payments. You can also add notes to your transactions and email right from every machine. Super helpful!

Cons

Setting permissions for each person that uses the machines has been a challenge. There doesn't seem to be a manual for the set up, however, our CC service team is amazing and very knowledgeable. The only other thing that bothers me is that you can not void a transaction. Even if you void a transaction immediately, it still goes through and then refunds a day later.

Yessenia S.
Industry: Restaurants

Excellent POS System for any business!

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Overall it is a great pos system!

Pros

When we change to clover, we thought it was going to be difficult for us to learn how to use it. We were wrong it, was really easy to use and install. One of the things I love about it is, that I can add products remotely on the inventory. I can also verify the transaction remotely from my pc or my phone. The customer support is great, they immediately call back when you contact them for any problem you have with the machine, transactions, or any question you have. You can also add more features to your pos because they have a app store, which let's you add online orders, id verification, etc.

Cons

Our business is a grocery store and restaurant, so we have the ebt program for the grocery store. It would be great if the clover machine with detect which items are ebt and which aren't ebt elegible. That way we wouldn't have to do 2 different transactions, because it does take more time for cashiers to charge what the customer is buying.

Jennifer C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Much Much more than a credit card processor

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

This machine processes all cards. You can set up apple pay and tap to pay very easily. It has helped us streamline our checkout process.

Pros

The clover has more features like time clock, inventory, calculators and so so much more than your standard credit card processor. This system can run your whole business. It is easy to use much like an apple tablet and you are able to customize your apps to fit your business. And trust me there is an app for almost every thing you would need.

Cons

I like everything but I do feel like we are under utilizing a lot of its features. Maybe some online training for for our staff would be a good idea

Jeanine M.
Industry: Retail

DO NOT BUY A CLOVER DEVICE UNTIL YOU READ THIS REVIEW.

Reviewed on 19/6/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Everyone passes the buck. When you call Clover they tell you to call the app maker. You call the app maker and they tell you to call Clover. If you call your bank that you bought the system from, they tell you to call Clover. Everyone is "sorry" but no one can fix the issue or can offer an alternative.

Pros

There is nothing I like about my Clover device other than the price labels it can print for my products, BUT, that is an additional app you have to pay for and an additional piece of equipment you have to buy, which the rep told me was all included. I have to pay a monthly fee to be able to print price tags, he said that was also included.

Cons

1)Don't get too excited about all the apps they offer! They all cost money (if you want the version that actually does more than the basics) and NONE OF THE THIRD PARTY APPS WORK WITH EACH OTHER!!! So, you may download the rewards app and an invoicing app. Because they don't work together, the customer will never get credit for any of their rewards, etc.. 2) Technical support always says they will call you back but they NEVER do 3)Your system comes with minimal capabilities. Think of it as a calculator that can process payments. 4) Sometimes it keeps accurate inventory counts, sometimes it doesn't. 5) When entering inventory, it frequently saves an item twice. You may enter an item with a quantity of 6. Clover enters the item twice, now you have the item at 12!

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Evan Z.

Cloverflex

Reviewed on 19/5/2020

support is helpful, unit is sleek overall positive experience

Pros

It is really stylish and cool to have a wireless POS machine. Customers comment all the time of it being very modern - yet everyone can intuitively use it b/c its feels like any android tablet
Functions well - , nice on board camera , prints quickly takes payments quickly and allows you to add tons of helpful apps that i did't even know I needed

Cons

The battery life and Charger stand - I've had to replace it twice b/c the charger was not working and the corded back up doesn't really work - the rep was surprised we got it to work at all in a pinch.
Charger needs to be more reliable and there needs to be a back up wired version that can be substituted if the wifi goes done

Robert M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Clover

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

Pros

sleek design, affordable, easy to use for a novice

Cons

reporting, very slow, loosing connection all the time

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Sylvia R.

Clover Pos

Reviewed on 24/2/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.

Pros

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

Cons

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Theresa W.
Industry: Retail

I use Clover multiple times every day for Credit/Debit/Gift Card transactions.

Reviewed on 27/7/2018

Ease of Use. Fast and secure credit/debit transactions.

Pros

Touch screen is great with the home screen with all my options. I never have to search to perform my tasks. Being able to pull up the information on my laptop when I am not at the store is wonderful to check on sales for that day. Customer service is one touch away so you don't have to wait on hold on the telephone.

Cons

I would like the software to have a training mode in order to train new employees on how to use. Even though it is super easy to use, it would be helpful to at least be able to show the new employees what to do and how to do it without actual customers waiting there while there transaction is being processed by a new person still in training.

Chanelle P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Simple to use. Time is MONEY.

Reviewed on 13/3/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Highly recommend. I’m a small business owner and this system was very easy to implement in my office.

Pros

This product is super simple to use. We use the Clover mini. With different people taking payments at different times of the day, it is really simple to track who took what payment. Each user gets a unique PIN that enables us to keep tract of who is doing what.

Cons

This isn’t even really a con because there is a solution to my problem, but the clover mini does not “remember” customers from day to day. We have repeat customers, so I would like it to remember the email they want their receipt sent to. I can download an app to take care of this, but I really wish it was native to the system.

Industry: Wine & Spirits

Lucky Four Leaf Clover

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

This system is so easy to set up and the training process was so simple. It allowed me to keep track of inventory and also hold bartenders accountable for their money.

Pros

The system was so simple to set up and it did all sales and cash and also keeps track of inventory which is a big concern in the bar industry.

Cons

I did not like that it only kept numbers for 3 months because I would like it to keep them until we do end of year numbers

Clover POS for Garden Center

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

I have been able to reduce time spent integrating sales with quickbooks. I have been able to reduce time spent on payroll. By automating processes through Clover, I am running more efficiently.

Pros

I love the ease of use, especially for training employees of diverse age ranges and abilities. Point-of-sale is faster, the addition of gift card and customer loyalty apps are easily integrated and increase customer satisfaction, and any issues that come up are easily managed.

Cons

The inventory app is good, but not great. My inventory is broken into some unusual categories and I haven't been able to find a good work around. For example, bulk mulch is sold by color in full and half yards, but I haven't found a way to reduce the inventory accordingly.

Daniela F.

Clover does what we needed it to do.

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

Pros

We were using a POS system that still hadn't upgraded its card reader to accept cards with chips. We decided to use Clover as just a way to charge the credit card transactions on our POS app. The app lets you charge credit cards with chips, and also logs transactions per device. This has allowed us to manage different iPad transactions separately.

Cons

The software sometimes bugged out. It would tell us it hadn't charged, but when we ran the charge the second time, it would charge people twice. Talking to support also wasn't very helpful. A lot of the times the app would time out, and support didn't know how to solve the problem.

Rickelle L.
Industry: Food & Beverages

!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Overall I was great. I would recommend it to someone maybe when I open a store front I’ll use the system as well.

Pros

While working at a local yogurt place. We used clover and it was great and easy. Convenient to customers and us workers the place is closed down now but it was great while it was up.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about.

Shirley A.
Industry: Entertainment

Could be better

Reviewed on 11/7/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The Clover station could be a whole lot more business friendly if they would act on in-put from the user. Also, I would like to use some of the 3rd party apps they have available, but at this point am not willing to pay additional fees for a POS, there are enough fees for a business owner as is.

Pros

I like the ability to go on line and see real time what my sales are, by category and server and the ability to print reports.

Cons

The biggest problem I've experience with the Clover station is there is no app to start/keep tabs. As a bar, this is key for my business. I figured out a work around, but it's not ideal. I believe I was misled on how the Clover Station would work for my business. I've asked repeatedly to get the app for Tabs available on the station, but have not had any feedback/response from Clover. Any response would be appreciated, even if it was "never gonna happen." Also, I would have liked the appearance better if it was available in black. The white color doesn't really fit my decor.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Young Y.
Industry: Wireless

Easy to use and good design

Reviewed on 15/5/2018

Thanks

Pros

Space-saving design
Easy to operate
Fast transaction availabe design
Use applications installed
Scanner included

Cons

Fee is high
Unavailable to use used device
Not compatible with computer
Larger screen option reqiured

Jennifer A.

Why Does It Not Rotate?

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 24/8/2020

I wish it would rotate to landscape. I would be "all in."

Pros

It looks super sleek and the option to use it on your own device was quite appealing. Set up was easy. I was able to upload all of my items and services without issue.

Cons

It doesn't rotate to landscape. I couldn't believe it. I uploaded everything was ready to go and then went to rotate to use the Ipad the way I do with all my other merchant services and it didn't turn. I contacted customer service, I gave feedback, I asked questions. Nothing changed. I ended up dumping it.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Monika G.

Clover is great!

Reviewed on 11/5/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Clover merchant system has tons of apps that are created by third parties as well as clover. There is a lot of different options and features with this product that allows you to quickly Easily retarget your customers.

Cons

Clover doesn’t have many cons. The online store you’re able to create for your store doesn’t have enough templates and features available yet.

Beth D.

Clover review

Reviewed on 30/11/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ease of use and set up. I called customer service and they walked me through the process.

Cons

Nothing , it was all very to accomplish.

Edgar T.
Industry: Automotive

Easy To Use Payment Solution

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

Great. Decent rate and modern interface. It was easy to train staff.

Pros

Excellent hardware based on Android.
Easy to understand interface.
Compatible with additional apps to enhance base function.
Easy to use web interface.

Cons

Was lacking built in email invoicing function.
There are no major issues otherwise. It has been updating occasionally.

Basic POS

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

If you need a mobile solution and already have a solid deal worked out with Fist Data, then this is an ok option, just expect to pay more than the sales person makes it seem. If you run a full service restaurant and want to be able to catch employees stealing from you, then move on.

Pros

The best thing about this POS is the 4G connectivity, which was a requirement when our company was doing the football concessions for a large university stadium. It was simple to set up items and create a functional setup quickly.

Cons

This is one of the POS made by a credit card company; you do not get a choice in your credit card processor. For us, we happen to already use this processor and have a great deal set up with them, but others will likely end up paying more than expected when they get their cc processing bill. There are several charges for having this type of system that they neglect to tell you about, so it end up much more expensive than you expect. Also, the reporting is weak. We had some issues with tracking some lost sales and were unable to resolve it due to the poor tracking capabilities. For reference, we usually use Aloha for our concepts which has more reports than you could possibly ever need and would have had not issues tracking the missing sales.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Serge E.

OK system

Reviewed on 14/4/2018

Pros

Looks Good. Easy to add new products but you then have to change the orders so very time consuming. you need a really really strong wifi for it to work especially the handheld devices otherwise will keep crashing.

Cons

Not adaptable at all. Once a part payment has been done you cannot modify anymore. Worst customer support ever. Constant overcharges.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10