AVG Antivirus Business Edition

4.3 (1,894)
Business antivirus with endpoint solution & server security

(1,894)
4.4/5

1894 Software options

Dana W.

24/7 Security

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

As a web developer, my customers trust me to handle their information securely. Also, I do my business and personal financial accounting online so knowing that I can do that securely gives me peace of mind.

Pros

Since I rely on my computer with Internet connection for both business and personal activities daily, it's important to know that my information is secure. AVG gives me that assurance.

Cons

There are so many features and options for security, sometimes it can be difficult to navigate and understand what's right for me. However, the AVG support documentation is phenomenal and makes it easy for me to get my questions answered.

Affordability

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

AVG Internet Security has the features that I need plus extras I didn't know I needed and it is much more affordable for my small business budget.
Ross H.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

It's good but a little pricey

Reviewed on 9/5/2021

This is one of those solutions that is working well for small and medium businesses where maybe they just need something that is going to do the job well enough and don't have the skills or finance to have something with more options and features set-up. At least this is where I have seen the value of it. It sets up easily isn't too much of a hassle in the background and if you're just using standard software then there's unlikely to be any need for anything more than AVG for business. If the price is manageable, then it's a good solution.

Pros

AVG provides all the familiar options for customising the "when where and how" for scanning the incoming and outgoings from a business, and these are handled well. However the most noticeably good thing for us when we replaced our previous protection was the increase in responsiveness for our slightly aging machines. AVG seems to have gotten back to being relatively lightweight which is great!

Cons

I don't like the console, it's a bit difficult to navigate and some unintuitive buttons and options for controlling and containing things. Mostly these are fine and may even serve to make it difficult to do anything particularly dangerous or silly without knowing what you are doing but they can act like a hurdle if you do want to tinker around more than normal. Also we hated the aggressiveness of advertising in the free version.

Bitdefender GravityZone

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Norton was incredibly frustrating in terms of system resource use and pop up notifications

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

It was a known name and while the console is frustrating to use and navigate, it was still better than the alternatives.
Iyad Q.
  • Industry: Media Production

Light on resources but Works!

Reviewed on 2/11/2019

Very Practical Alternative.

Pros

very efficient and effective against malware and viruses as I have been using this Antivirus for a long time.
I like most the very light use of memory and resources compared to what I had before and yet it is the cheapest.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about this software.

Nicolas frichot -.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

AVG internet Security: Secured Network Protection Via Link Scanning

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

My experience with AVG Internet Security is more than positive. Furthermore, it does not slows the computer, even during scans. It is for me, one of the best world-class security protections. I absolutely recommend if you are looking for a light but powerful internet security solutions.

Pros

The real-time protection that AVG Internet Security offers is impressive. This has kept our systems secured and even if an exploit is discovered, the database offers optimal protection thanks to the instant cloud updates. AVG Internet Security furthermore scans all links in the browser, preventing us even from entering malicious website.

Cons

AVG Internet Security usually generates false positive, especially when it comes to .exe files. I believe that this should be reviewed by the technicians, for softwares coming from reputable source.

Robert G.

AVG Saved my company!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Easy to use and set up. Very User friendly...

Pros

We use AVG Business Antivirus and more than once it has saved us. On of our part timers almost fell victim to Ransomeware. AVG caught it right off the bat.

Cons

I can not think of one bad thing to say about AVG Antivirus Business Edition.

Emir H.

One of the most efficient and effective antivirus solutions

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

Ever since we started using this software we have felt quite safe and protected due to its continuous active scanning which boosts our confidence from time to time. Altogether, I greatly appreciate all of the services that have been rendered by this software as in a business world nowadays all of the malware attacks hold a very crucial position. In my opinion, it is one of the best and most compelling antivirus software out there. It is undoubtedly one of the perfect solutions available in the market currently. This software helps you protect yourself from all kinds of cyber and malware attacks that can typically harm your files which are immensely important to us.

Pros

AVG AntiVirus Business Edition is an Antivirus Software that has been my most favorite endpoint security software. It is being used in my whole organization for a long time now. It keeps all of our systems running and protected from all different types of malware attacks that are bound to happen. Undoubtedly, this is one of the most incredible tools because it has actually helped my organization quite a lot as confidentiality is one of the most crucial concerns while running an organization and AVG AntiVirus Business Edition has looked into this very critically. AVG AntiVirus Business Edition is a great software when it comes to monitoring all of the user accessibility plus all the traffic flows. Apart from that, This software has a fast scanning speed which is very great for us.

Cons

AVG AntiVirus Business Edition is very positive, it is also negative due to some of the limitations which I have found with my personal experience with this software. I personally think that this software demands more attention in its interface as it is lacking in many aspects.

Greg D.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Safe from Hack Attacks

Reviewed on 23/7/2020

Like most - I'm on my computer constantly at work and at home. Before switching to AVG my computer suffered from numerous viruses and hacks. However, once I switched to AVG - I have been virus free and free from hacks as well. It's nice to start working with your computer each day - not worried about hacks or bugs infecting you space. I highly recommend AVG for work or personal computers!

Pros

The confidence this software gives me every single day is priceless. There are many features about AVG to like - It is offers complete customization and allows you to choose what type of scan or protection you are in need of most.

Cons

One of the things I like least about the software is they will occasionally offer different types of protection and once you click on it - you'll find it is an advertisement to purchase additional protection. That part can be a bit annoying - but it's easy to deal with for the peace of mind you are receiving.

Mariana M.

An easy-to-use tool that allows you to have your electronic equipment, at home or in your...

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

This software has been too valuable a tool for the security issue, keeps the electronic equipment always clean of malicious viruses, as well as family information, photos, documents, personal files and / or other tools will always be protected and will not be hacked. AVG will review Internet security programs, including periodic scans, scans of emails sent and received (including the addition of page attachments to emails indicating this), the ability to repair some virus-infected files, and a security vault virus, where the infected files are saved, a simile to a quarantine zone

Pros

It protects the team from malicious viruses that damage our computers and then it is hard to replace them because of the high cost.
Protection to email and the web
Protection for USB or any external recordable device
Protection against hacker attacks
Protection of privacy
Protection to the family circle, when obtaining photos and private documents and not hacked from our equipment.
Security in mobile equipment, you can download the application for cell phones
Easy to install
Scanning of emails sent and received (including adding footers to emails that indicate it), the ability to "repair" some files infected by viruses

Cons

Can only be used at home, without commercial use
Does not include a "Game Mode" (silent detection)
Always show an ad to buy the professional version
The toolbar uninstaller does not work, but reinstalls the add-on if it is removed manually.
While it has regular updates, the paid version has more priority in downloading signatures for the latest viruses
You can not analyze units in the network in the work area, you have to make each computer and that means time consumption for the operator that runs it.

• Industry: Hospitality

easy to install and free protected Virus software!

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Used AVG for years and will use it for many more..

Pros

AVG is one of the many FREE virus software. I use it personally and for my businesses. It is free, easy to use and keeps you well protected.

Cons

The only thing I have noticed about AVG over the years is that there are some popups upon startup sometimes which you cannot turn off as its informing you on your PC performance.

Mcafee was not free.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Norton was costly, and not reviewed as well as the FREE AVG
Randall H.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reliable, easy to set up and use!

Reviewed on 28/5/2019

AVG for business is a great antivirus solution that offers strong protection for the computers and network in your business. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Pros

Compared to its free version that hasn't been doing well versus its competitors, the business version indeed offers a powerful antivirus solution for your business machines. It actively scans for viruses on the network as you browse, download, extract archive files, or plug in external storage devices. I found that it is pretty lightweight running in the background and does not cause any slowdowns for our computers. The GUI is easy to use and very appealing, with nice colors and simple options to choose. But of course there are advanced options you can get to in the menus as well. For the common user in our office, we don't really need to worry about AVG, it runs in the background almost unnoticed and quietly protects you and your precious data from malicious software or attackers. The free version got annoying in that it was always up in your face with ads and updates, almost forcing you to pay for the full version. But once you do, I believe it is worth it.

Cons

Every now and then the software update notification will show up and that can be a bit of a nuisance as we are not allowed to manually perform updates ourselves, just the IT guys. I mentioned that this software does not cause any slowdowns, however if you were to have this on an older computer, then it seems to bog it down a little.

Reece S.

My anti-virus of choice

Reviewed on 10/4/2020

I've used this for many years and always seems to be my go-to option when I need free anti-virus. Most of the time it will keep your system well protected. Most of the time!

Pros

This is probably the "best" free antivirus software you're likely to find and has a solid reputation with many years experience under its belt. For the most part, it does the job quite well.

Cons

Can sometimes feel a little "clunky" to use, and unlike alternative "paid" options, does not include the whole internet security package with firewalls and other security tools you're likely to find in premium products.

internet security with avg

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

in these days without internet security, we cant use the internet because lot of cyber attacks are waiting for us . you cant wait upto attack some softwares are doing well in this field .avg anti virus is good software to try and use.you can download it for free in playstore for mobile and also you can download it for pc.it worked very well in mobile i using this since last 5 years.an additional feature is junk cleaning in phone.i think this software popular in protecting internet security for your pc and mobiles. Finally, I like this software and i will recommend this.

Cons

I totally like this software but all internet security software doing same mistake not without avg internet security, that if you download some app or software some words are some content they can't find which is very useful to us and its telling antivirus?.i downloaded one app of my bank and everytime use internet message from bank avg says its mallware .sometimes these softwares are not finding whioch is mallware and which is safe messages or safe content., times they will block good reputed websites also.my suggestion to these softwares you update your scanning cotents and add more contents into it

Zuhairah A.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

I feel protected with AVG

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

Pros

AVG truly protecting me and my online information. I have mistakenly installing a software a malware before, and many of my online information and password has been leaked to public. I only notice this problem after installing AVG Antivirus and AVG has warn me that many of my account password has been compromised.

Cons

Same as other antivirus software, AVG Antivirus will using too many resource on my computer when they deep scan my files system. I had to set the scanning session manually, instead of automatic because if the software is scanning it my working hours, it really will slowing down my computer about 50% slower than my computer normal speed.

Sean G.
  • Industry: Printing

The Best Virus Scanning Software I have Used

Reviewed on 25/9/2020

It has been great! I always recommend it when anybody asks my opinion on which virus scanner they should install on their pc's.

Pros

AVG is great because it works well (detects suspicious activities, scans emails, watches & checks downloaded files) like many virus scanning softwares out there, but does it in a very straightforward, non bloated way. Detects what you want it to detect, but doesn't cause slow downs or crashes.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about AVG ... it could maybe use a little bit of a graphical overhaul, but really that is a minor nitpick.

Elyse B.

The Very Best in Keeping You (and Your Company Info) Safe

Reviewed on 9/9/2019

With AVG, I can go about my work and personal web use with peace of mind: I know that no matter who's out there, trying to get my information, AVG has got my back. I love that once you set it up, you never have to think about it again. It's how internet security should be.

Pros

I used to be one of those people who didn't have any security protocols set up on my computers, not even at work. I naively thought I was safe because I never spent any time on "suspicious" websites--but oh, how wrong I was! Luckily, my tech-savvy husband discovered this and remedied it simply: with AVG Internet Security. I loved that with one click, I was set and safe for a year--no monthly subscriptions, no hassle.

Cons

If I were just using my computer for personal use (email, online shopping, etc.), I might have a hard time justifying using anything but the free version. It's robust and has pretty much all the features you might need (scans, email attachment checks, etc.) . Since I use the same laptop at home and at work now, however, it's worth the extra money for me. I don't want to risk company information getting exposed (or company equipment ruined).

Sadie R.

Simple yet powerful protection

Reviewed on 31/7/2020

AVG is a trustworthy and inexpensive safeguard to have when it comes to Internet security. I have used it for years on various devices, and never been disappointed. It has thwarted many attacks on my system.

Pros

AVG is a trustworthy and inexpensive safeguard to have when it comes to Internet security. It has saved many hard drives in my family.

Cons

Nothing. There is absolutely nothing I just like about AVG. I have used it for years.

Kevin M.

Feeling Safe With AVG

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Overall I love it and trust all my computers to AVG to stay safe.

Pros

I find AVG has a pretty comprehensive set of tools to keep my computers clean and safe. Update are regular and overall the software is quite simple to use. It is a great combination of power and ease.

Cons

Sometimes the software seems a bit back end heavy in terms of CPU usage. I am not qualified to say that as a fact but only as a thought. However, it is a worthwhile trade-off for power and simplicity.

David M.

AVG - Protecting me from the bad stuff...

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

Excellent. I got my first computer virus in 1991, and have been dealing with the scum for decades. Thank you AVG for helping me keep the "bad stuff" out and not crippling my computer at the same time.

Pros

Ease of use and System Resources. AVG is a seamless internet security suite that doesn't hog memory like other more advertised security suites.

Cons

Continual updates are a necessity of anti-virus software. I just needed to set the update schedule and it made the updates much more seamless.

• Industry: Research

Saved my life many times..

Reviewed on 17/8/2019

It took care of all the security related issues and we didn't had to worry anymore. This is a must have product.

Pros

AVG is one of the best anti virus guards I've used so far. It has many features and the UI are very user friendly and very easy to set up. I've never faced any issues like virus , spam , malware because it worked super well.

Cons

Nothing to say on this. I've loved every feature of it. Of cause all the features are not in free version. once you paid it, you don't have to worry any more.

Luis P.
  • Industry: Photography

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

The experience has been very rewarding for the service and support that they have given me, from the good attention at any time to the security that I have in my machine to avoid any type of information filtering.
It is an excellent security program highly recommended.

Pros

What I love about this application is the easy operation, the complete security it gives you on the computer and the support it provides you at the attention level, you may have problems with a serial or operation of the application, go to the support page and you have an agent who will be helping you until you solve your problem, it is a very well recommended program, it is also a program that is not so heavy to install on the computer and makes diagnoses depending on what you need daily or weekly.

Cons

What I do not like a little is normal in any user is the price, but we would have to put a bullet and say that it is more important if the cost or support, but despite the cost of the application is very good because they have good support

Cindy M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

AVG Internet Security

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

The ease of use and the protection it offers is all I need

Pros

Once you download it, it pretty much does everything on it own! I actually purchase this product yearly and love it. So easy to use and protects my system

Cons

I do not have any cons. Its so easy to install that my child could do it! best internet security for me

Dustin B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great anti virus for the money

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

I am happy with the software. I am being protected against viruses, malware and hacking attempts.

Pros

Helps keep your computer safe and virus free. Also helps protect your email, as well as safe browsing and helps protect you from hacking attacks.

Cons

The only con with the program is that it can run a tad slow, making your system start up slower than before installing it, but it doesn't effect it much.

Todd Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Love Love Love

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

lobve the fact that this is running in the background and does not slow down the system

Pros

love the fact that you can put this on all your phones , Tablets , Laptops and computer . Easy to use easy to update. Protects all the things we use now on a daily basis

Cons

just wish that is was a main that then could be put onto other items. That way the main could be watching all the other computers and phones

Daniel L.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Surfing the internet without worrying about cyber viruses is possible thanks AVG

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

very satisfactory, with AVG cybersecurity stopped being a headache.

Pros

Last year we suffered a cyber attack by computer hackers who took advantage of the weaknesses of our old antivirus to blackmail us with the threat of destroying our database if we did not pay a ransom. Faced with our refusal to yield to their demands, they consequently destroyed our entire administrative system and its databases.
This terrible incident forced us to invest in a better antivirus. We evaluate all the options in the market and the most satisfactory for its quality, trajectory, customer service, adaptability and price turned out to be AVG.
We have already been a year under the protection of AVG and I have to say that the experience has been totally satisfactory. It is very simple to use, in addition to its scans it is extremely thorough, it does not leave a single byte without scanning and it scans until the last existing malware and spyware. We have felt much more protected under the care of AVG.

Cons

I truly consider AVG as a very complete antivirus. At an extremely accessible price and a friendly and easy to use interface. It is a dog guard that is alert 24/7

Sankar G.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Used to be the king, Not anymore

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

AVG antivirus used to dominate the free antivirus space until Avast and Avira came in to picture. However it's effectiveness has been slightly decreased and started to perform only mediocre in detecting malware. However the current UI is really simple to use and AVG offers enough modules to protect the computer. It includes parent filters, safe search for preventing malware from internet and a decent detection system based on heuristic methods. I would recommend normal users to go for it as the value you are getting for your hard earned money is matched.

Pros

Detecting almost all basic virus and spywares
Internet security offers all rounder security
Safe search for preventing malware from internet
Behaviour based detection
Easy interface to master
Fast updates and fast scan
It can work well with AVG tune up to keep PC at optimal performance.

Cons

No parent filter
Bit pricey I guess
Takes a bit time for full scan