1,813 reviews

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Business antivirus with endpoint solution & server security

4.3 /5 (1813 reviews) Write a Review!

1,813 reviews
Johana M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

I have Been Using AVG , I like this Antivirus

Reviewed on 9/1/2021

For very nearly a year I have been specifically utilizing AVG Business Edition with some worked together business. In spite of the fact that I have consistently depended on avast, I should admit that AVG works in a greatly improved manner in web perusing assurance by notice about possibly risky destinations, which without a doubt today is something truly significant since numerous sites are stacked with hazardous and conceivably hurtful contents.

For my situation, a few issues that AVG has assisted with dodging is the contamination and robbery of the internet browser that incidentally happens when introducing a few records acquired from the web. Additionally, it has permitted me to deal with my PC and subsequently have the option to clean this when it is loaded with garbage information that makes the PC moderate.

Pros

I like this Software because of friendly user interface ,
You don't need skills to run this Antivirus.

Cons

Price should be reduced ,
For 1gb ram laptops it is affecting laptop performance .

Yash B.

PC friendly Security App

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

In all the app is quite user and computer friendly, it is fast and if you are premium user its the best app that I would recommend for complete protection.

Pros

The best thing I liked about this app is its new smart scan feature. This feature is complete package for scanning all types of fundamental threats that can occur. The browser threats scans for the websites that can be vulnerable to viruses plus there is a feature known as Hacker Attacks. I haven't seen such type of features in any other antivirus applications that I have used.

Cons

The least I liked about the software is that the free version only offers basic protection and you have to purchase the app for the premium features to use. Also the premium version of the app is quite costly.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Time Tested Reliability

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

After 20 years of reliable protection, my experience with AVG software has been nothing less than exceptional, and I've always highly recommended their products to everyone.

Pros

I have been using AVG products for 20 years on multiple devices and the protection is bar-none. The user interface is easy to use, even for a novice. The passive protection provided by AVG gives the user peace of mind while using their computer and being connected to the internet. AVG has browser integrations which further protect you while you browse and will flag a malicious site or download file before it is opened or downloaded to your device. I cannot recommend AVG software and services enough!

Cons

I cannot find any cons to be honest, like any security software, it won't detect everything as internet security is an evolving issue.

Alexander B.

AVG the old faithful

Reviewed on 7/8/2020

In our business we work with some of the largest banks in South Africa, they require strict security on our workstations and with AVG we meet all their requirements.

Pros

I used AVG free years ago on my personal computer around 2006, now using AVG Business I can confidently say AVG is one of the best if not the best Anti Virus software around. AVG uses only a fraction of your PC's resources, AVG is light in load but heavy in defence. At our company since using AVG have not had 1 security breach.

Cons

If I were to raise a con on this amazing software, it would be there are quite a few notifications per day (Possibly remove them in settings?)

Lisa T.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

AVG keeps our association cyber-safe!

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

It has been a positive experience from day one using AVG. With most every aspect of our association needing the internet for the day-to-day workings of our organization, it's great to feel secure knowing that our computer and online activities are kept safe from hackers and malware.

Pros

AVG makes it super easy to keep our association's online activities safe. They offer a variety of budget-friendly products for internet security, such as for protecting our system from malware and viruses. The most convenient feature is the automatic updates ... we have peace of mind knowing we are protected from any new cyber threats that may come up.

Cons

With using AVG on a daily basis for more than 10 years, we have never had any issues or concerns ... really, there is nothing not to like about the AVG internet security products!

Daniel V.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best Internet Security, Hands Down!

Reviewed on 28/2/2020

I will continue to use AVG and tend to recommend it to friends and family who are having problems with internet garbage and viruses. I have not had one problem with it installed on a computer. Maybe I'm lucky; probably, AVG works!

Pros

AVG Internet Security is my go-to anti-virus software. I use it for all of my business computers, personal computers, and always recommend it. I have never had a problem.

Cons

Honestly, AVG has never given me problems. My husband is a tech nerd and swears by Bitdefender but I have had multiple problems with functionality of their antivirus. AVG is solid.

Darren T.

AVG anti virus

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Since utilising AVG and AVG Free I have not had an issue with any malicious software on any of my multiple PC and family PCs. Which is quite a good outcome with teenage kids and downloaded games. Very happy to recognise and pass on our positive review.

Pros

AVG has been my go to product for anti virus for many years. Since utilising AVG and AVG Free I have not had an issue with any malicious software on any of my multiple PC and family PCs.

Cons

We have not experienced any negative effects with AVG, as such I have no items to add to the cons list.

Forget your boxed anti-virus, this will do the trick

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

I have used AVG since 2012. My switch was through a friend that recommended it to me after many veined attempts at using expensive anti-virus software ended in corrupted computers. Not only do we use it at work, but I use it on my personal computers as well. It is a practical program that is good at what it does. Aside from the occasional pop-ups, you forget it is doing its job until it blocks the malicious activity it is intended to inhibit. It gives you a welcoming message when it has quarantined the problem so you can get back to your regular activities. This Anti-Virus will have you saying "Thanks AVG!" with a smile rather than sarcasm.

Pros

AVG is an extremely cost effective solution for your Anti-Virus needs. It is simple, can be free, and it works. We use it on all of our computers.

Cons

AVG does like to pop-up frequently in the corner of your screen to let you know of updates and promotions. This is nothing more than a bit of a nuisance. However, you do need to be careful when exiting out of the notifications. I have on more than one occasion accidentally selected "yes" to a notification that wants to download AVG's Secure browser. For some, they may like it; I however I do not like to stray from Chrome. Unfortunately this feature does not just install the secure browser but sets it as your default as well.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Good and Light Anti-Virus

Reviewed on 28/1/2020

Overall, I am happy with AVG Antivirus. It is the first ever anti-virus I used on all of my computers.

Pros

AVG Business Edition is one of the most popular anti-virus in the market. This belongs to my top 3 for anti-virus softwares. It is light on resources (CPU and RAM usage) and easy to use. One of things that is important to me is being able to add a program or a folder to their exclusion list so the anti-virus will skip scanning that program or software and with AVG it's very easy to do it.

Cons

Pricing and virus detection. Other softwares beat their pricing while having a better virus detection and features.

David S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Good value for the money

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

By using AVG Internet Security on our computers, we receive a strong level of protection. Having a software package that offers features such as firewall and real-time protection allows us to focus more on our work and less on internet security issues.

Pros

The AVG Internet Security software is used on all of our computers in the office and overall we have found it to be a very effective program to keep our computers safe and enjoy a high level of protection. AVG offers good firewall protection and also real-time protection which makes using the internet more safe and secure. I would also add that is fairly easy to set up on a new computer and does not require an IT person to install . Also, AVG does not seem to have a negative effect on any our computer's performance as a result of having it installed which is a plus.

Cons

Overall it's a great product but some of the quirks would be receiving alerts that are not always accurate in between scans and this can cause unnecessary concern. Also, some of the features duplicate already available protection in the existing Windows Security software.

Jonathan B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Avg internet security review

Reviewed on 9/8/2019

My overall experience with AVG security is completely superb! There isn’t enough room for me to elaborate on this, my suggestion is just try it out and you will see it is very very good software for the money!

Pros

There are many pro that make this program worth purchasing and the main thing is that it is available for every platform that you run on your system. You get the easy maintenance and up keep and top notch security with this product and I am at ease when I have avg security on my business computer and server systems.

Cons

I have no cons to report on this awesome software! Keep it up AVG!

Jerry W.
  • Industry: Plastics

AVG

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

My experience with this product has been for the most part really good. I do not recall a bad experience with AVG. I would recommend it to others.

Pros

This is a very user friendly software. Many of the devices I use have the free version on it. The free version does not push the sale of the premium product. Although I do have a couple of devices with the premium package.

Cons

The software want to check out system status more than I believe is required. And some of the functions seam to take a long time. But it always finishes. It does not freeze up like other similar products.

Kim W.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

AVG internet security ☆☆☆☆☆

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

I have had a positive experience with AVG security. Easy to use . Great value. I have yet to experience security issues. Win win

Pros

AVG internet security is a good functional app. For android users. It is free with optional paid addons. Free installation with Google play

Cons

AVG internet security on google play is compatible with android. The free app and free security was enough to secure my information. I never needed the paid addons so its free

Paul H.

Above Average Virus Protection

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

Overall a good product. Not much I would tweak save for what was mentioned in the "Cons" section.

Pros

Been using this software for a number of years on both a desktop and laptop. Have found it to be superior to other competitors in finding and deleting malware, as well as blocking new virus.

Cons

Downside is sometimes it will block certain sites or pages that you need to load, thinking it's a spam or unsafe site. Maybe the algorithm could be improved slightly.

Randolph P.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

AVG is a dependable friend.

Reviewed on 29/8/2020

Overall the experience has been great and I have had no problems. I have used this for years with my personal computer use as well as business. I fully recommend AVG to anyone. With most of us working from home it is a very needed tool.

Pros

I have used AVG for many years and have always been great for me On and off the job. Since we are working from home and I trust my system the most, I used AVG when doing my work. I feel very secure as tools alert me of any possible threats and immediately snuffs them out. I have alerts and upgrades to keep my system well. I enjoy that I can use the free service from AVG most of the time. The pay version is not pricey so that is not a problem.

Cons

Only problems that I come across would be with so many threats some things may give you trouble, Malware is always a hinder. But for the most part I have been spared any major or minor damage from any virus. I guess any drawback was when you have to pay but as I said not a big pricey situation.

Sasha F.

Overall a great choice for internet security

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Overall this is a good product for your typical internet user and provides decent protection. I browse a lot of sites looking at various products to consider adding to my inventory, looking at how things are marketed and price ranges. In all this browsing I sometimes pick up spyware. Sadly I did not know this until my system became quite bogged down and SpyHunter was recommended to me. It found many things AVG had missed. AVG needs to get better spyware protection.

Pros

low memory usage. AVG does not slow my computer down noticeably when it is running a scan or updating. the interface is simple to use and it provides good protection when I am browsing different sites.

Cons

It needs better spyware protection. This is its Achilles' heel. I have found spyware slips by AVG.

David G.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Must-have for realtime threats

Reviewed on 12/1/2019

Pros

I've been an AVG user since the early 2000's via a free personal edition release. Then was very please to have worked in a startup which chose AVG business release as the antivirus for the company.

Fast and low usage of system resources is what I love the most. I've tried other antivirus software, and I have felt the tug on my pc usage (both ram and processor). Good that AVG has improved this a lot over time. (I usually check via system monitor).

Also, AVG for me has always been reliable. I have had a few false-positives, but in general we have never been down with a virus on our workstations. It easily captures malicious files we may have downloaded deliberately (or not) from the internet. Also, very handy is the real time protection for external devices especially USBs.

Cons

Nothing much to write here as I'm very much pleased with both the UX and functionality of AVG for Business.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Affordable business antivirus solution

Reviewed on 8/9/2019

We are using the solution in one of our grant offices and I must say its proving to be effective. The added advantage of mobile protection is a good incentive too

Pros

I like that AVG offers free protection on mobile devices as long as you are a verified customer
We are applying this solution in one of our smaller departments and its within the budget. Its very affordable
Realtime protection is assured as long as it is kept in updated state.

Cons

I doubt if it can be scaled to cover the needs of the whole organisation across the globe. I don't like that I have to use another special to completely uninstall it from a decommissioned computer.

Peter G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Not All Hero's Wear Capes

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

I have realized that my technology for my business is lasting longer because it is not becoming as corrupt as quickly. AVG is always advancing with the times and is always at the ready to protect my devices.

Pros

I run a small business where my employees are sent out with laptops and tablets into the field to process payments, update themselves with upcoming events and also other tasks such as checking on weather and communicating with me. I like the fact that AVG Antivirus Business Edition is always working in the background keeping my equipment safe from malware, spam and viruses so that I can focus on the important thing which to me is customer service and sales.

Cons

Every once in a while the devices will pop up with reminders for updates which does tend to come and inconvenient times and also the application will sometimes be overly sensitive to certain actions but otherwise it is just doing what it is designed to do.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Secure your data with the affordable Internet security

Reviewed on 16/6/2019

AVG Internet security is a best reliable and affordable software in the market which doesn’t slow down the pc with its performance. So I recommend this software for those who looking for a smart internet
security at a very decent price.

Pros

I have been using this software for more than 8 years and this keeps my system away from virus. Most of my payments and purchases are through online and I never felt insecure as im using a reliable internet security software. The most desirable thing about the software is, it is require less usage of system resource compare to the other internet security software. Also the functions are relatively faster than other software.

Cons

There are few errors I found in this software but those are negligible when compare to the benefits we get from it. The constant updates and the popup messages are bit annoying for me and they don’t provide a
support service for 24/7.

Roys M.

The safeness of AVG

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

AVG provides the best benefits for users to stop and prevent the most viruses that could attack your computer to steal the most important information and disclose them online. I highly suggest people should have this AVG internet security for your information protection.

Pros

AVG security is useful for people who usually download different apps online without knowing they were safe or not. With the high quality of AVG security, it could help you prevent many risks and viruses that could invade to your computer and destroy your crucial works. Moreover, AVG cleans my computer whenever I downloaded applications from the unknown sources. It limited the dangers that worms can attack my computer.

Cons

AVG could take a long time to install to the computer. Also, it might have an impact on computer performance because of its large data. It could be slow and lower performance overall.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Block those Viruses and Malware but Also Block Apps you need

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

Pros

Very easy to use. Lots of features like scanning browsers, emails and software. Easy to read details and links to types of viruses. Very clean interface. Nice level of common threats detected. I've used Norton and McAfee and for the cost AVG is great. I have a free version at home and at work we have a paid version of AVG and McAfee. I can't tell the difference between the features of any of these to be honest.

Cons

AVG will sometimes not allow applications to run on my computer. Applications that I need. I can use an administrator override to continue but it's so frustrating. The popup blocker works too good and even after I turn it off for pup ups I need to use for work, it'll reblock them later down the line. It's frustrating to have to constantly tweak features on the software I need. One very frustrating thing that happened to me was my email would not let me sent out emails. I thought maybe I had a virus and after a lot of trouble shooting, I had IT come and check it out. We removed AVG and my email worked. For some reason it was preventing me form using Outlook. I should mention that my Google account worked fine. This was about a year ago and hasn't happened since, but it leaves a bad taste

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

AVG is my virtual security guard.

Reviewed on 22/2/2020

AVG is an important software for preventing viruses on the Internet. Help keep all of your hard disk files safe. I think AVG will protect me from hacking. I rely on AVG more than other Internet security software.

Pros

Before using AVG, I was introduced to other security software that made my PC unusable, I'm not mentioning them. I would put AVG a lot further because the performance of the PC in not affected by the AVG antivirus. There is an AVG so I can download file from the Internet without fear, and corrupt file can be found by its system. The only trust I have while browsing the website is AVG.

Cons

AVG has some issues, I need to keep AVG disable when the malware's signal comes in while using some important software. Also sometimes pop-up messages get very annoying at the time. It often tells me to scan a computer even when I don't need it.

Ken G.
  • Industry: Design

Easy to use security

Reviewed on 9/9/2019

Any research I do is safe to look at if I'm using the software.

Pros

Easy to use and setup. I could easily find the program and install it quickly. Also like the many option to choose from on the software.

Cons

Don't know when it's working. They should show a green light or something when you open a browser. This way I know it's on.

Christopher H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Decent Security

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Not a horrible service. Over all if you pay, you do get your bang for your buck. Will use again down the road

Pros

one of the best securitys you can get. There are different options for your needs. Up to date and with current issues

Cons

Unless you pay for premium you will get only basic security. Wont get ride of all issues with out paying