AVG Antivirus Business Edition Reviews

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

4.3 (2,119)
Business antivirus with endpoint solution & server security

(2,119)

Nicolas Frichot
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

AVG internet Security: Secured Network Protection Via Link Scanning

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

My experience with AVG Internet Security is more than positive. Furthermore, it does not slows the computer, even during scans. It is for me, one of the best world-class security protections. I absolutely recommend if you are looking for a light but powerful internet security solutions.

Pros

The real-time protection that AVG Internet Security offers is impressive. This has kept our systems secured and even if an exploit is discovered, the database offers optimal protection thanks to the instant cloud updates. AVG Internet Security furthermore scans all links in the browser, preventing us even from entering malicious website.

Cons

AVG Internet Security usually generates false positive, especially when it comes to .exe files. I believe that this should be reviewed by the technicians, for softwares coming from reputable source.

• Industry: Banking

My first free antivirus

Reviewed on 29/1/2020

It is an excellent free software for those who want to surf the internet safely, without having to pay for an antivirus.

Pros

AVG Internet Security was my first free antivirus. But unlike other antivirus products on the market, the free version is complete. Protects your computer from spyware, malware, trojans, among other types of viruses. The scan is complete and passes through all drivers.

Cons

Although the free version has many benefits, the user of this version receives many advertisements to upgrade to the paid version. The free version should have an option in the settings to not receive promotions.

Ben

They used to be a good product with a solid foundation, but I don't feel like they are anymore

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

I used to like them and they were my go-to for anything personal computer (in both the home and office) cyber security solution, and I recommended it to anyone who asked me. However, in recent years they moved into more shady areas and I no longer recommend them. Consider alternatives like Avast instead - or check your nearby Google for "best internet security for 2020" for other alternatives, as these can change year-by-year.

Pros

It's very easy to use and set-up, and it's a known name in the industry, and in general with always anyone who owned a Windows computer in the last 10 years ago. They do provide some security, but I'm not sure it's really needed at this point in time for more users. See cons for more details.

Cons

In the past, maybe 10-15 years ago, they were my go-to antivirus etc. solution, for both home and office usage, but have since silently pivoted to more shady stuff like data collection, and practices that seem to me more like malware, and not something that protects _against_ malwares.

Jer Lang

Good Antivirus for general use

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Pros

Can effectively protect your computer from most of the security threats with features such as real time detection, file scanning etc

Cons

The first installation may require a lot of time, PC scanning is a bit slow

Brandon
Brandon

Antivirus solution with it all

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

AVG is my go to for antivirus protection on my PC. It works well with automated scans and up to date virus protection. Additional features like VPN, PC cleaning and firewall are a welcomed addition to my PC.

Pros

AVG has a number of extra tools in their suite which makes it a great addition to the security tool belt for my PC. Including PC scrubbing which helps deep clean the computer of junk.

Cons

As with most antivirus software constant reminders to upgrade or add this or that is always annoying. I did snag it on sale so keep an eye out.

Kevin

Feeling Safe With AVG

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Overall I love it and trust all my computers to AVG to stay safe.

Overall I love it and trust all my computers to AVG to stay safe.

Pros

I find AVG has a pretty comprehensive set of tools to keep my computers clean and safe. Update are regular and overall the software is quite simple to use. It is a great combination of power and ease.

Cons

Sometimes the software seems a bit back end heavy in terms of CPU usage. I am not qualified to say that as a fact but only as a thought. However, it is a worthwhile trade-off for power and simplicity.

Coty
Coty
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Very easy to use with plenty of safety features!

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

AVG has offered my company a reliable anti virus system that I don't have to constantly check up on, as it's completely automated, while also offering the peace of mind of being safe.

Pros

I love that you can test out all of the features prior to purchasing the software to make sure it is a good fit for you and the company. The features I find most helpful is the daily scheduled scan and that it can scan every file with an updated database each time.

Cons

At first, the UI is not very user friendly and may be confusing to some users. Some settings are confusing and could use better tooltips.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

The longer trial to get a feel for how well it will work before purchasing
Cindy
Cindy
  • Industry: Telecommunications

AVG Internet Security

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

The ease of use and the protection it offers is all I need

The ease of use and the protection it offers is all I need

Pros

Once you download it, it pretty much does everything on it own! I actually purchase this product yearly and love it. So easy to use and protects my system

Cons

I do not have any cons. Its so easy to install that my child could do it! best internet security for me

Yash
Yash

PC friendly Security App

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

In all the app is quite user and computer friendly, it is fast and if you are premium user its the best app that I would recommend for complete protection.

Pros

The best thing I liked about this app is its new smart scan feature. This feature is complete package for scanning all types of fundamental threats that can occur. The browser threats scans for the websites that can be vulnerable to viruses plus there is a feature known as Hacker Attacks. I haven't seen such type of features in any other antivirus applications that I have used.

Cons

The least I liked about the software is that the free version only offers basic protection and you have to purchase the app for the premium features to use. Also the premium version of the app is quite costly.

Tommy
Tommy
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best Anti-Virus protection!

Reviewed on 6/7/2019

Pros

I have been using AVG on my Windows computers for years and always feel protected. Their software is modern and easy to use.

Cons

I thought the software was bad at first but they were always updating and improving it to make it better even more each time.

Selena
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

No Nonsense Security, Does The Job

Reviewed on 28/9/2019

AVG has run on multiple computers and through several upgrades and operating systems and has held up and been fantastic each and every time. I will continue to use it and recommend it because I feel like it delivers on what it promises.

Pros

After so many years a slave to software like Norton which was repeatedly buggy, inefficient and had terrible customer service, AVG has been a breath of fresh air. It does what you need it to. It runs system virus checks, can secure individual downloads, can offer alerts, without all the bloatware, or constant malfunction of having things slip by it. It just works and I love it for that. Especially considering that many of these things are available in the free version of the software and you get even more security when you pay for the professional version.

Cons

Recently they have started to run what seem like alerts on the free software but are really advertisements for upgrades. I feel like this is a bit underhanded and don’t really appreciate this strategy. A simple email or sale or occasional pop up would be more effective than telling me something is not secure then asking me if I want to pay to secure it.

Greg
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Safe from Hack Attacks

Reviewed on 23/7/2020

Like most - I'm on my computer constantly at work and at home. Before switching to AVG my computer suffered from numerous viruses and hacks. However, once I switched to AVG - I have been virus free and free from hacks as well. It's nice to start working with your computer each day - not worried about hacks or bugs infecting you space. I highly recommend AVG for work or personal computers!

Pros

The confidence this software gives me every single day is priceless. There are many features about AVG to like - It is offers complete customization and allows you to choose what type of scan or protection you are in need of most.

Cons

One of the things I like least about the software is they will occasionally offer different types of protection and once you click on it - you'll find it is an advertisement to purchase additional protection. That part can be a bit annoying - but it's easy to deal with for the peace of mind you are receiving.

Ross
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's good but a little pricey

Reviewed on 9/5/2021

This is one of those solutions that is working well for small and medium businesses where maybe they just need something that is going to do the job well enough and don't have the skills or finance to have something with more options and features set-up. At least this is where I have seen the value of it. It sets up easily isn't too much of a hassle in the background and if you're just using standard software then there's unlikely to be any need for anything more than AVG for business. If the price is manageable, then it's a good solution.

Pros

AVG provides all the familiar options for customising the "when where and how" for scanning the incoming and outgoings from a business, and these are handled well. However the most noticeably good thing for us when we replaced our previous protection was the increase in responsiveness for our slightly aging machines. AVG seems to have gotten back to being relatively lightweight which is great!

Cons

I don't like the console, it's a bit difficult to navigate and some unintuitive buttons and options for controlling and containing things. Mostly these are fine and may even serve to make it difficult to do anything particularly dangerous or silly without knowing what you are doing but they can act like a hurdle if you do want to tinker around more than normal. Also we hated the aggressiveness of advertising in the free version.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Norton was incredibly frustrating in terms of system resource use and pop up notifications

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

It was a known name and while the console is frustrating to use and navigate, it was still better than the alternatives.
Donald
  • Industry: Photography

Great Value Internet Security

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

AVG Internet Security helps protect my desktop computer. It is very beneficial because it helps ensure that my computer is protected from Internet issues. It solves the potential for Internet issues.

Pros

I like that AVG Internet Security is free. Other similar services are very expensive. AVG is the only free service I could find.

Cons

The least thing I liked is that the AVG software can be difficult for me to use. It seems to have a different platform than McAfee. I would prefer for the platform to be similar to McAfee.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I switched from McAfee because McAfee was very expensive and AVG was free.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

AVG was free and Norton was expensive.
Mohamed

Don't buy cheap antivirus software

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

An experience that is not good enough, I hope to develop protection and detection techniques for them.

Pros

It is a very light program and its interface is simple. I think it is suitable for weak devices and routine uses for work.

Cons

Its protection system is very weak in detecting threats, and here I am talking about the paid version, in addition to that it passes many network attacks without alerting or detecting them. During my experience with many security programs with many cyber attacks, AVG was one of the worst products In addition, when you buy a key for 20 users, you can use it for more than 50 users.
I don't know how a scenario like this can happen with a security company!!
Unfortunately, it cannot detect threats through websites or downloads, nor can it detect the malware that is inside the RAR files.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Because of the ability of the Eset product to quickly detect and block cyber threats and prevent their spread in the network and devices.

ESET Endpoint Security
Sean
  • Industry: Printing

The Best Virus Scanning Software I have Used

Reviewed on 25/9/2020

It has been great! I always recommend it when anybody asks my opinion on which virus scanner they should install on their pc's.

Pros

AVG is great because it works well (detects suspicious activities, scans emails, watches & checks downloaded files) like many virus scanning softwares out there, but does it in a very straightforward, non bloated way. Detects what you want it to detect, but doesn't cause slow downs or crashes.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about AVG ... it could maybe use a little bit of a graphical overhaul, but really that is a minor nitpick.

Roman
Roman

Be cautious when using it - it may give you a false sense of protection

Reviewed on 8/9/2019

With an evergrowing number of viruses, trojans, malware, I decided to install some antivirus software. Before buying one, I decided to try and compare some of them and my initial choice was AVG. For some time I liked it very much: its interface was very friendly and easy to use, it showed how it was working and gave you a full sense of protection. However, not long time after troubles started to develop. First, I received an important document that had some micro virus. AVG tried to cure it, was unsuccessful and DELETED the document without my consent! Then it found a virus inside a program I used daily. I used virustotal to check the program and no other antivirus found anything there, it was a clear false positive. Then I googled for antivirus reviews and I was shocked that by 3rd party reviews, AVG was able to find only about 60-70% of viruses (industry leaders find close to 99%). The last straw was that my computer started to run very slowly because of AVG. As a results, I removed it and started to use other antivirus software.

Pros

It's free and it's very easy to use - these are the only things that I liked about this antivirus. However, security is not something you'd like to save money on.

Cons

I have to say that I used AVG some time ago and probably they fixed some of these issues, but when I used it the problems were the following:
* It takes a lot of CPU and RAM. My computer was running so slow with AVG, that I had to remove it. Other antiviruses didn't create such a load.
* It's overall rate was very very low, it was able to find about 60-70% of known viruses. Yet it was giving some false positives too.

Randall
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reliable, easy to set up and use!

Reviewed on 28/5/2019

AVG for business is a great antivirus solution that offers strong protection for the computers and network in your business. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Pros

Compared to its free version that hasn't been doing well versus its competitors, the business version indeed offers a powerful antivirus solution for your business machines. It actively scans for viruses on the network as you browse, download, extract archive files, or plug in external storage devices. I found that it is pretty lightweight running in the background and does not cause any slowdowns for our computers. The GUI is easy to use and very appealing, with nice colors and simple options to choose. But of course there are advanced options you can get to in the menus as well. For the common user in our office, we don't really need to worry about AVG, it runs in the background almost unnoticed and quietly protects you and your precious data from malicious software or attackers. The free version got annoying in that it was always up in your face with ads and updates, almost forcing you to pay for the full version. But once you do, I believe it is worth it.

Cons

Every now and then the software update notification will show up and that can be a bit of a nuisance as we are not allowed to manually perform updates ourselves, just the IT guys. I mentioned that this software does not cause any slowdowns, however if you were to have this on an older computer, then it seems to bog it down a little.

Ruben
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

AVG is the underdog winner of Antivirus

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

I think AVG produces some of the best antivirus in the market. I am very satisfied with its performance.

Pros

AVG is not only easy to install and use, but it keeps itself out of the way from the user.

Cons

The look and feel of the software feels a bit dated, which can create some distrust in its ability to protect.

Bitdefender GravityZone

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Norton was too invasive and hard to use.

Claudio Ulises

AVG EFFECTIVE, detects and blocks all types of threats.

Reviewed on 27/6/2018

AVG ANTIVIRUS: of the three best security suites of the moment, you have on the computer when the program is in action. Without that we are talking about an excessive overload of the system, because its average of 3 seconds is precisely the average of the industry, the truth is that activities such as the opening of websites, installation of programs or document analysis take the AVG Antivirus much longer (3 seconds more than average, a very considerable figure for some users).

Pros

AVG is perfectly capable of protecting your computer from threats that persist online. It allows users to make customized installations, only the modules that they consider that they need and want to use frequently, the package integrates very well with the network functions of the Windows operating system.
It allows you to make a group at home so you can share files and folders through the local network and also to work with the Windows platform applications. The Internet Security suite is ideal for offices. AVG is the protection you need while browsing the web and using its functions

Cons

Its most basic package is not complete enough, and when we move to the middle, Internet Security, the level of security it offers is still insufficient, although its analysis is very fast, the suite slows down the system more than other competitors

internet security with avg

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

in these days without internet security, we cant use the internet because lot of cyber attacks are waiting for us . you cant wait upto attack some softwares are doing well in this field .avg anti virus is good software to try and use.you can download it for free in playstore for mobile and also you can download it for pc.it worked very well in mobile i using this since last 5 years.an additional feature is junk cleaning in phone.i think this software popular in protecting internet security for your pc and mobiles. Finally, I like this software and i will recommend this.

Cons

I totally like this software but all internet security software doing same mistake not without avg internet security, that if you download some app or software some words are some content they can't find which is very useful to us and its telling antivirus?.i downloaded one app of my bank and everytime use internet message from bank avg says its mallware .sometimes these softwares are not finding whioch is mallware and which is safe messages or safe content., times they will block good reputed websites also.my suggestion to these softwares you update your scanning cotents and add more contents into it

Peter
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A non-intrusive antivirus software that doesn't bog down your PC

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Teachers often use their laptops for numerous processes simultaneously, so AVG's ability to run in the background is crucial. It doesn't bog down the computer speeds at work like some programs (e.g., McAfee and Norton from previous experience). Our company was pleased with the program when we used it, though it's no longer in use. I still maintain a personal subscription because it works well on my personal PC at home. I believe the program does an excellent job keeping viruses and other threats off your computer, but be aware that the program is parceled out into multiple pieces that each have a cost.

Pros

First, AVG runs in the background and rarely interferes with computer process or slows down our computers. Second, the company offers a robust free trial of their product. Third, after several years of use I believe it does an excellent job catching potential threats in real time and alerting you. I've never suffered any PC issues since installing AVG.

Cons

AVG Internet Security is almost more of a suite of programs than a single program. They constantly try to up-sell you another feature like TuneUp for your PC, etc. They even end their normal virus scans by telling you that your computer suffers from slowdown, but you can't fix that issue unless you purchase another piece of the program.

Alvaro
Alvaro
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

AVG is fast and reliable!

Reviewed on 17/7/2018

Internet Security has never been more necessary in this millennial / digital age. AVG gives me the confidence in using my PC for internet research, downloading of files, and just about anything that may seem scary to infect my computer. False positives come very very rarely for me.

Good threat detection and easy on my hardware. AVG Free is good enough, but go for the paid one if you need extra coverage and support!

Pros

I was first introduced to AVG back in college. It was the AV of choice for the entire university deployment. I was then part of the technical support team for the implementation.

I find AVG to be fast and does not take a toll on system resources (e.g., others are memory hogs). I also like the interface which is intuitive and easy to operate. Back then, I found it easy to teach the (older) end-users. The updates come in regularly, and up-to-speed whenever new threats come about.

It has good detection. I compared it with other more popular antivirus software, and it's detection is almost similar, if not more comprehensive.

Cons

AVG performs best with the basic protection.. other AV's have come up with extra features and better malware protection... something worth improving on for AVG to stay on top.

Amy
Amy
  • Industry: Higher Education

Efficient, yet tedious

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

As a free software, AVG is one of your best bets-- truly. I eventually switched because I got another software through my work. For the average user, who just browses and lightly streams, I think avg is more than sufficient enough to fit these needs. My main takeaway is to customize the email notifications to cut down on all the AVG notifications. It just gets tedious and tiresome.

Pros

AVG is extremely detailed in their searches for malware and viruses. Even for the free version, AVG always updates and this gives me confidence that my computer is updated against even the newest of threats. AVG provides detailed reports of their scans, and I appreciate how they communicate in plain and easy to understand language for the everyday user. For the 4 years I used the AVG Free and paid versions, I never had a major computer issue.

Cons

AVG provides way too many notifications, and this is extremely distracting. I get notifications through the software and via email. AVG pushes their paid version far too much, and it is a huge turn off as a consumer. I am always having to click away a notification that is of little importance. I wish the software was less attention consuming.

Elyse

The Very Best in Keeping You (and Your Company Info) Safe

Reviewed on 9/9/2019

With AVG, I can go about my work and personal web use with peace of mind: I know that no matter who's out there, trying to get my information, AVG has got my back. I love that once you set it up, you never have to think about it again. It's how internet security should be.

Pros

I used to be one of those people who didn't have any security protocols set up on my computers, not even at work. I naively thought I was safe because I never spent any time on "suspicious" websites--but oh, how wrong I was! Luckily, my tech-savvy husband discovered this and remedied it simply: with AVG Internet Security. I loved that with one click, I was set and safe for a year--no monthly subscriptions, no hassle.

Cons

If I were just using my computer for personal use (email, online shopping, etc.), I might have a hard time justifying using anything but the free version. It's robust and has pretty much all the features you might need (scans, email attachment checks, etc.) . Since I use the same laptop at home and at work now, however, it's worth the extra money for me. I don't want to risk company information getting exposed (or company equipment ruined).