Authorize.Net

Credit card processing for small & medium business merchants

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.1/5
4.2/5

124 Software options

Brian W.

Very Useful CC Gateway

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

Authorize.net is really a payment gateway for your site or business. We have utilized the mobile application for 1 off transactions and have been pleased with how it works. It is not made to be your whole inventory tracker in the least bit, but it does its job for the occasional transaction. We have been using the gateway on our sites for years. We have used Magento, and WooCommerce and now Shopify for our site. We did have some issues with WooCommerce and finding plugins for the payment gateway that worked for all we needed it to. That being said, for the majority of the time it has worked.

Pros

It really has never failed us when utilizing the application to run transactions on the go. It has worked for us for years.

Cons

Integrations with WooCommerce has proven difficult at times. We have utilized the official plugin for some time, but that has recently started to have problems for us. We ended up switching to a new backend for our site. We'll probably still be utilizing Authorize.net though.

Danielle T.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Simple payment gateway

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

We use authorize.net for subscriptions, not our regular eccommerce transaction. It's worth the cost if you have enough transaction volume.

Pros

Deposits are quick enough and usually only take a couple of days. Works well if you need to accept electronic checks.

Cons

Customer service is basically nonexistent. You're better off searching online forums for troubleshooting issues. Account specific resolutions take a ton of time.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Authorize.Net

Stripe is expensive.
Allie S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Decent Merchant Services

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

As I mentioned above, it integrates well with our website and is easy to do transactions on the app. It's nice not to have to worry about merging systems.

Pros

I like that Authorize.net is easy to integrate into our website and other things that we use to accept money. It makes it seamless when needing to do event registration. They also have a great app you can download and use for transactions which I really like and has been a simple way for us to take money at events. Definitely recommend.

Cons

I haven't found anything with the software I don't like. It seems to be good for our needs and we don't plan to switch anytime.

Dave A.
  • Industry: Information Services

My go to payment processor

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Overall, highly recommended. We've never had any serious issues with Authorize.Net's service.

Pros

We have been using Authorize.Net for years on our customer eCommerce sites. Setup is easy and payments are secure.

Cons

If a problem arises, our customers normally contact Authorize directly by phone. They won't usually respond to me directly since I am not the account holder. As the IT contact for our customers, it would be nice to more easily be able to contact Authorize without having to go through the customer for technical issues.

We've relied on Authorize.Net for over 10 years

Reviewed on 13/3/2019

We've used Authorize.Net with our website shopping cart for over 10 years. Along with that, we've used the virtual terminal for manually keying phone / mail orders. It is easier to use than PayPal Manager.

Pros

Authorize.Net provides good, helpful API documentation. Its web-based virtual terminal is also easy to use.

Cons

I would give their support a grade of B. Fortunately, it is rarely needed. A few years back, there were some rough patches where the service was down or unreliable for brief periods. We have not had reliability problems for the last few years.

• Industry: Entertainment

Straightforward payment processing!

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Pros

Authorize is really easy to use. Some payment processing platforms can be difficult and frustrating to use. When processing a payment using Authorize, you simply fill out the necessary information and you're done. If the transaction is declined, it will even tell you why, which is helpful when people want to know why their payment didn't go through.

Cons

I like pretty much everything about the software... at least the functions that I use regularly and am familiar with.

Jessica L.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Authorize for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

Pros

We have been using Authorize.net for over 10 years with no complaints. We use it strictly for online credit card processing both manually and on our website. The website is super easy to use and navigate. We recently added the fraud detection suite to our account that Authorize has available. We are very happy with the results and the filters you are able to place to control fraudulent activity.

Cons

Nothing. We have been very pleased with this software.

Saily E.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Authorize.net is a payment gateway which allows our school to run credit card payments securely

Reviewed on 20/5/2017

1. Secure processing of credit card transactions,
2. Integration with school's website
3. Creation of payment forms in flexible and suitable for a variety of transactions such as events, school store, etc

Pros

Authorize.net integrates well with our school website (managed by Finalsite). We are able to set up forms to collect credit card payments for school events. We also have the ability to collect credit card payments for our school store and sell tickets for Parent Organization events. The process to set up a form is easy to complete and Authorize.net offers flexibility with the design and options to make the form eye appealing. Credit card payments are processed securely. The reporting features offered by Authorize.net are optimal and information about cash receipts can be downloaded to simplify the reconciliation process on a daily basis.

Diane R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Excellent. Whether I have a technical glitch or need an increase in a credit line, the customer service department has been great.

Pros

Ease of use. With minimal training, you are able to process credit cards and checks, check on transactions, credit back charges and run reports.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about the product. I've used it for 10+ years and any issues I've had have been immediately handled via a phone call to customer service.

Joel U.

Company Focused Software!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

Light University Online has been using Authorize for the last 5 years and we have been very happy with their program and focused on any customization needed for our company.

The integrations that we need, reports, and user-friendly services for sales are perfect for our daily income.

Pros

Integrations for customization needed for our services.

Cons

Archive dates of transactions going back later and import of data from other software.

Maricela G.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Secure Credit Card Processor!

Reviewed on 1/5/2019

Pros

Processing credit card payments with Authorize.Net gives our customer's the piece of mind they need. Information is kept secure and ultimately protect us from fraudulent charges.

Cons

It's pricey, from set up, monthly as well as per transaction percentage.

Mindy L.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for 2+ years

very detailed

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

It is really helpful for what we need it for. We can look at all transactions with ease.

Pros

Authorize.net really covers payment processing from start to finish. I use it in my summer job and although I don't really have to use it that often, I do check it with my supervisor if we find errors while inputting the data that we need to correct and this really helps us find those errors rather quickly.

Cons

The look of the website is a bit daunting. It's very technical so I suggest only using it if you are ready to sit at a computer looking at very boring screens. Maybe Authorize.net can make their software more clean, modern, and simple.

Scott C.

Easy to subscribe and recurrent payments

Reviewed on 24/7/2018

Pros

The very best thing I like about utilizing Authorized.net is the capability to develop repeating billings for the deals. makes it more distinct as well as the users like this function as they do not have to provide their card information whenever when the renewal occurs.

Cons

We can create the deal reports just for approximately 3 months, if we require the deal information for the last 1 year then we have to create the information every quarter and after that combine it to one file.

Drew S.
  • Industry: Sports

Easy for collecting payments!

Reviewed on 29/6/2019

We use Authorize.net as the primary way of collecting payments for anyone that is purchasing merchandise from our online store. Our organization uses Authorize.net for more than just our online store, so it’s nice having most payments come in via the same means.

Pros

Easy way to collect payment from our online store.

Cons

Don’t really have anything bad to say. Last time a fraud order came in, we tried refunding via authorize.net and it didn’t go through initially while refunding from the backend of our store. Then went in directly to authorize.net and we were able to successfully refund.

Eric W.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Authorize.net is a valuable tool for the small business owner

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

My overall experience with Auth.net has been very positive. I would recommend this software to anyone starting a business for an excellent payment gateway.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate on their webpage.
Reports are easy to use
Customer support is very helpful
Very easy to navigate refunds and finding certain transactions
Very secure for my clients

Cons

At times this was difficult to understand some of the transactions in the log. It is difficult to say any hard cons about this software. It has been a very valuable tool for our business

Jason J.
  • Industry: Machinery

authorize my charge

Reviewed on 8/1/2019

Pros

Great features and easy to integrate with your software. Back end administration is straight forward

Cons

Not much to say about this. Software is pretty good.

Jeff W.
  • Used for 1+ year

Authorize.Net

Reviewed on 5/2/2020

Overall, I would not recommend Authorize.Net for small companies. I feel they are too expensive and their setup procedures much too complicated.

Pros

Authorize.Net is if nothing else, serious about security. I feel its above-and-away the most secure payment processing application on the market. I used it when I was first starting out in business and for the most part, I feel I was well taken care.

Cons

For my processing needs, I felt Authorize.Net was too expensive. I can appreciate their dedication to security, but the initial setup was long and cumbersome. Also, I was very taken back when they pulled a credit report without informing me of their intention to do so.

• Industry: Hospitality

Current User of Authorize.net

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

Hotel Bookings

Pros

It is a well established secure platform for processing payments.

Cons

Their interface is quire outdated. Also it is very difficult to browse through numerous sections and find what you are looking for.

Kristi G.

fairly easy to use but could stand a few updates

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

Pros

Easy to access reports. Easy to charge a card online. Clean website appearance. I use the transaction reports on a near daily basis, it also shows declined transactions which is nice.

Cons

I wish that it was easier to find chargebacks and other charges. I would also be nice if the batch reports showed totals so that I could more easily match to my bookkeeping software.

Tracy P.

Very efficient and easy to use.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

Pros

I like that you can run searches of different transactions and in various ways, make looking at inquiries easy and efficient.

Anita P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Easy Way to Run Credit Cards

Reviewed on 11/1/2017

This software makes it very simple to run credit cards, and the funds go directly into our account with no issues. The small fees the company charges are reasonable. If the card declines, you would have to re-enter all the information to try again; it would be nice if you could go back and just make whatever changes necessary to run the card successfully. Other than that, I would recommend this program to other businesses.

Thomas E.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 13/1/2017

It has worked great. Refunds are easy. It is very simple to use without instruction. It automatically links to the website.

Marko S.

Good Payment Gateway

Reviewed on 26/3/2019

Pros

Fairly simple and easy enough payment gateway for new users to understand. It made the entire process of setting up payment on our company site a little easier. Some of the reports they offer are great for record keeping purposes.

Cons

There have not yet been any downsides to using this software in the past year.

Nazanine P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good merchant account software

Reviewed on 22/12/2015

Set up Authorize.net for several client E commerce sites the past 6 years to accept cc payment. Tool works ok but too many moving parts and complicated.

Pros

Good merchant account

Cons

Their merchant account website is outdated and not very user-friendly. It's also over complicated. Also, when processing a manual order, if you take too long entering a new order, it times out and you have to re-type all of the client info again!

• Industry: Sports
  • Used for 1+ year

Great for a larger business with budget

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

It's ok.....love the platform, not the cost.

Pros

We love how it integrates with our web presence seamlessly after setup

Cons

there are other more cost-effective options that have better merchant service fees and transaction fees for a small non-profit such as us.