authorize.net Reviews

authorize.net

We help make it easy to get paid. It’s that simple.

4.2/5

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara

Discover the Power of Authorize.Net

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Overall, Authorize.Net is a reliable and secure payment gateway service that offers a range of features and tools to help businesses accept and process payments online, in person, and over the phone. Its flexibility and integrations make it a convenient and flexible solution for businesses of all sizes and industries, although the cost may be a consideration for some businesses.

Pros

Authorize.Net is a very reliable and secured platform. The platform is PCI compliant and uses advanced security measures to protect our customers data and ensure secure transactions. It also offers a range of fraud prevention tools, such as address verification and card code verification. Those features helped us to reduce the risk of fraudulent activity. Another pro is the platform's flexibility and integrations. Authorize.Net supports a variety of payment types, including credit cards, debit cards, and electronic checks, and it can be easily integrated with a wide range of shopping carts and e-commerce platforms. This makes it a convenient and flexible solution for businesses of all sizes and industries.

Cons

Nothing to complain, but this platform requires merchants to have a merchant account in order to use its services, which can be an additional cost for businesses that do not already have one.

Brian
Brian

Very Useful CC Gateway

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

Authorize.net is really a payment gateway for your site or business. We have utilized the mobile application for 1 off transactions and have been pleased with how it works. It is not made to be your whole inventory tracker in the least bit, but it does its job for the occasional transaction. We have been using the gateway on our sites for years. We have used Magento, and WooCommerce and now Shopify for our site. We did have some issues with WooCommerce and finding plugins for the payment gateway that worked for all we needed it to. That being said, for the majority of the time it has worked.

Pros

It really has never failed us when utilizing the application to run transactions on the go. It has worked for us for years.

Cons

Integrations with WooCommerce has proven difficult at times. We have utilized the official plugin for some time, but that has recently started to have problems for us. We ended up switching to a new backend for our site. We'll probably still be utilizing Authorize.net though.

Elyse

Not an easy or fun experience

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Pros

This is a widely used and accepted software. Lots of clients and their purchasing power makes their rates competitive.

Cons

User experience is terrible and disjointed. Impossible to look at your account holistically. Customer service was dreadful and not at all helpful. Outages were plentiful as were timeouts and errors.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to authorize.net

We were forced into using auth but have since switched to stripe and are very pleased we did
Keyana
Keyana

Gets the job done with hardly any issues ever.

Reviewed on 25/4/2018

Pros

Authorize.net is our payment gateway, as we are a company that runs several credit card transactions daily. The fees are minimal, the customer service has always been great (even if, at times, the reasons I had to call we're not so great), and the website is about the simplest one I've ever used, considering all of the information it processes. We don't use any POS devices, just the website, but that's still MORE than enough for us.

Cons

I wish it was easier to edit ARB subscriptions; for example, if I want to simply change the date that a customer's auto-charge runs, I have to actually delete the whole thing, and create a new one to reflect the date change. That's pretty annoying, but for a website that hasn't really changed much in the 12 years since I first began using it, I can only expect so much at this point.

Kenneth
Kenneth
  • Industry: Military

AUTHORIZE FOR NON PROFIT DONATION MANAGEMENT/PROCESSING

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

Customer service and adaptability of the system with our CRM has been very positive for us. When we adopted our new CRM system along with the the hosted website managed by the same CRM system, we were not sure how everything would integrate, but our donation links and sponsorship links that take contributors directly to Authorize for processing have never let us down.

Pros

Authorize integrated flawlessly with our CRM system. It was one of several options for donor management and processing that was compatable with our CRM. We researched each available system and Authorize was both suggested by a fellow non profit as well as seemed to meet our requirements.

Cons

Transaction charges seem to be the biggest issue that we have. There are industry averages for processing various cards, and Authorize is on par with other systems. It is unfortunate that Authorize does not offer a non-profit processing rate or possibly a flat rate that is well below what would be offered to a for profit organization.

Danielle
Danielle
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Simple payment gateway

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

We use authorize.net for subscriptions, not our regular eccommerce transaction. It's worth the cost if you have enough transaction volume.

Pros

Deposits are quick enough and usually only take a couple of days. Works well if you need to accept electronic checks.

Cons

Customer service is basically nonexistent. You're better off searching online forums for troubleshooting issues. Account specific resolutions take a ton of time.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to authorize.net

Stripe is expensive.
Jessica
Jessica
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Authorize.net - Easy to Use

Reviewed on 19/9/2018

Pros

Authorize.net is extremely easy to use. I'll be honest - I probably don't use it to the full extent of the software. I generally do 3 things. 1. charge a credit card. 2. Look at our daily reports and 3. Use the transaction search. From time to time, I may look at unsettled transactions and change a setting but that is about it. You don't need to be tech savvy to understand the platform. It is easy, convenient and worry-free.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. I've been using it for over 11 years with ease.

Bryan
Bryan
  • Industry: Design

The payment gateway we've preferred for ecommerce development projects

Reviewed on 2/7/2018

Reliable and trusted payment processing

Reliable and trusted payment processing

Pros

Authorize.net is the standard in payment processing. For a complex and established ecommerce website, Authorize.net will offer the features needed and provides a trusted payment solution. Processing fees will be lower than competition like Stripe which larger volume businesses will benefit from.

Cons

The interface, lack of reporting, and complexity in setup is an issue for us in 2018 when options like Stripe can be setup and running in a few hours vs days with Authorize.net

Becky
  • Industry: Publishing

Authorize.net valuable service

Reviewed on 17/7/2023

Pros

The product is easy to use and provides a critical function (online ordering)

Cons

Seems like there are some unnecessary hoops to jump through for different levels of sales.

Santhosh Kumar
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Authorize.net is controling of financial transactions

Reviewed on 15/8/2023

as an accountant Iam a user of Authorized.net for the controlling and identify the error while doing the payments

Pros

In Authorize.net I like mostly it is useful for merchants and vendors for controlling the payments of their customers. It is very secured software and we can control fraudulent transactions.

Cons

Authorized.net need to implementation on cutomer id with recrring card details removing if it is impelmented it will helpfull to many vendors like us so we can easily identify the error while doing the transactions

Sara
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Authorize.net easy to navigate and great support

Reviewed on 23/3/2022

Authorize.net is always there in the background of every credit card transaction whether online or in person, but you never notice it because it integrates so seamlessly with all my other programs

Pros

Authorize.net is very easy to navigate as an admin, you can set up parameters and change company info on your own without support, but if you do need support, the support team is easy to contact and very helpful.
Also the reporting is easy and comprehensive.

Cons

The set up with my bank was a bit cumbersome, perhaps because we have a Hawaii bank? The time difference between where authorize.net is located and Hawaii caused a couple of reconciliation problems until I realized that some of yesterdays transactions are on todays reports, once I figured that out the reporting was a breeze.

Jamie

Authorize.net!

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Pros

The greatest thing about Authorize.net is that their merchant portal is so easy to navigate. If we need to void, issue refunds, or manually authorize a card-- it's so easy to do and find on the left-hand side of the website. If there is something we're not able to quickly do, their FAQ/help page/customer support is great. Receipts/confirmations are automatically sent to the internal contacts that we've chosen--there's even an option to send the receipts directly to the customer. This program is incorporated into our other main software (ShopVox) and works seamlessly.

Cons

There isn't anything that I dislike about this software.

A wonderful way to process payments

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

Pros

This software makes it so easy to process payments. It was very easy for us to build the bridge between our main software and authorize.net to process all payments through them. The website requires no training and doesn't have a million options of choices to pick from like some do- everything is very self explanatory! Their customer service is great and gets back to you quickly.

Cons

I don't have many complaints about Authorize.net except the reports. They are very confusing and it is hard to know which report you are supposed to be using and when. They don't provide a great description of each report.

Mattie
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Good Solution If You Don't Want Built In Payment Providers

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

Overall, I've always had a pretty good experience with Authorize.net

Overall, I've always had a pretty good experience with Authorize.net

Pros

It's pretty much a one click install now with most major e-commerce providers. It gives you plenty of anti-fraud settings, and is easy to find payments and see all transactions / attempted transactions

Cons

The overall UX design is pretty rough, it feels like it was designed 15 years ago and has never been updated. That's purely aesthetic though. Rates are decent, although it's hard to compete with some of hosted eCommerce single percentage rates for all cards.

• Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used for 2+ years

If I could give support more stars...

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

When working with Shopify and other e-commerce solutions, I've had to get a processing gateway up and running for several clients. On occasion I've worked with businesses considered "high risk", so many processors wouldn't touch them. Authorize.Net not only enabled these risk companies to build an online presence, but the customer support team have gone above and beyond on several occasions to ensure all of my clients needs have been met.

Pros

Generally setup is straight forward and uneventful for e-commerce situations, fees are within average ranges. Best pro is their flexibility in working with businesses that other payment processors won't touch. Near one-click integration with some platforms. Very few issues over the years, clients have been very content and never have had issues getting in touch with their reps.

Cons

Setup and dashboard can be situationally daunting, but once you get up and running it's generally smooth sailing. Tools/reports interface could be cleaner and better organized.

• Industry: Entertainment

Straightforward payment processing!

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Pros

Authorize is really easy to use. Some payment processing platforms can be difficult and frustrating to use. When processing a payment using Authorize, you simply fill out the necessary information and you're done. If the transaction is declined, it will even tell you why, which is helpful when people want to know why their payment didn't go through.

Cons

I like pretty much everything about the software... at least the functions that I use regularly and am familiar with.

Diane
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Excellent. Whether I have a technical glitch or need an increase in a credit line, the customer service department has been great.

Pros

Ease of use. With minimal training, you are able to process credit cards and checks, check on transactions, credit back charges and run reports.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about the product. I've used it for 10+ years and any issues I've had have been immediately handled via a phone call to customer service.

Paul

Basic processor

Reviewed on 26/1/2022

We have used AuthorizeNet for over 20 years for our business. The product is solid and stable.

Pros

The easy to navigate menus are very intuitive and simple. You can easily find what you need quickly plus it has a QuickBooks download feature.

Cons

In the transaction statistics report there are no hyperlinks to expand the report data. This is a minor thing, you just need to go to the Reports, but it's a feature some other processors have.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Apparel Website

Reviewed on 20/3/2019

Overall, Auth was reliable and accurate.

Overall, Auth was reliable and accurate.

Pros

High visibility into transactional activity. Reports were thorough and I relied on them for my monthly finance reports.

Cons

Not sure if this still applies, but since it's a payment processor, you still need a second system to house all the bank data (like a Heartland, etc). This was important when dealing with chargebacks. Would be nice to have it all one system.

Mia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 14/7/2022

Authorize.Net helps me to track our income through online bookings. It summarizes each transaction in a trackable way and helps me transfer them over to Quickbooks.

Pros

I don't feel like I use Authorize.Net to its fullest. My primary use falls under the reports, but I appreciate the ease of use.

Cons

The biggest con is probably feeling like I am under utilizing the software.

Heather

Authorize.Net

Reviewed on 10/6/2020

Great experience over all. It has run smoothly for us for years.

Great experience over all. It has run smoothly for us for years.

Pros

Easy awesome way to have your payments run through your merchant account. We have ours integrated with a billing system and it run's smoothly with virtually zero problems.

Cons

There is not a printable format for the eCheck monthly statement so that makes it cumbersome to enter the fees.

Jess

Simplified credit processing for in the field applications!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017

Pros

This program is great for our service techs in the field. It does not require the use of a card reader, although it is certainly supported. Our tech's can quickly run cards through the app without a lot of screens and hassle.

Cons

The program tends to have a lot of "timing out" issues and will appear logged in, but once you start processing the transaction it kicks you out.

Nils
  • Industry: Tobacco

Our main CC Processor!

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

We enjoy using it and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a CC processor!

Pros

We use Authorize.net as our main Credit Card processor and it always runs smoothly! We would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good processor.

Cons

We don't have any issues with it. It is very straightforward and easy to use. We've enjoyed our experience with it.

• Industry: Higher Education

easily access and apply credit card activity charges for clients

Reviewed on 13/2/2018

Great processing of credit cards and checks.

Great processing of credit cards and checks.

Pros

Very user friendly on the charging of credit cards and checks. Reliable and quick to use. Daily use is excellent for these purposes

Cons

The reporting of void transactions or credit card chargebacks isn't easy.
Searching for a transaction is not easy. The reporting functions do not fully work for me.

Jill
  • Industry: Chemicals

Authorize payments with Authorize

Reviewed on 6/12/2022

Extremely user friendly. Easy to use and has features we do not use yet but as a growing company love knowing the features are available as we neef

Pros

The ease of intro into our company and ease of use.

Cons

Can only capture 20 payments at a time at the end of the day