Ceros

Create stunning interactive content, no coding required.

3.8/5

Gina L.
  • Industry: Publishing

Ceros is a True Game Changer for the Interactive Industry

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Ceros is the WYSIWYG platform for interactive design that every non-web designer has been looking for. I'm simply a graphic designer who can bob and weave my way around InDesign and Illustrator in my sleep, but once Dreamweaver and HTML are involved, I'm lost. When you think about how advanced design is getting on the internet, graphic design gets to be very limiting. Ceros solves that problem. I, as a traditionally static designer, can jump into this easy-to-use platform and whip up lively experiences with fun interactions and animations. The content I create in Ceros is so much more engaging than anything I could create as a simple static PDF. For our team, it's been a cost effective way to create web experiences without paying an outside developer. Both our internal team and our clients love the Ceros work that we do. As Ceros adds new features, our design work gets increasingly better, so I hope to continue to use Ceros and make my work even stronger each year.

Pros

Many of my interactive designs have complicated carousels, click-to-reveals, navigation, menus, etc. Some of these things can really give you grey hairs at a young age, but Ceros makes detailed interactions easy to build out. The tools are laid out easily so that you know what each button is going to do and how it's going to interact with other objects on your canvas. It can be tedious, but it beats having to learn coding and deal with the HTML myself. A few other honorable mentions: Ceros has an excellent array of templates that users can take and build onto; Ceros also is very receptive to feedback from users, and I've found in my 3+ years using the platform that a lot of idea I've added to the suggestion box have been implemented.

Cons

The lack of functionality for quizzes and assessments is a bummer. To define what I mean by quizzes, I'm strictly talking about assets where you're posed with a question, you select an answer (possibly multiple choice) and the end result after a handful of questions is to be dumped into a specific bucket category. I've talked to many Ceros reps about making quizzes, and while it's doable, it's extremely convoluted and the output of metrics is unorganized. With that said, the analytics you receive from any experience isn't really all that much to brag about. The Ceros platform has a really nice display of visuals for users to see, but once it's time to pass the data onto a client or anyone outside of the Ceros platform, you get this extremely messy and hard-to-read CSV file. I don't love that. It would be better if you could export the graphs and data visuals straight from the backend of Ceros.

Brandcast

Reasons for Choosing Ceros

SnapApp at the time was strictly a quiz/assessment platform. It was our opening into interactive design platforms. It was good for what we needed it for, but slowly our needs expanded into more asset types such as iPapers, interactive e-books, interactive infographics, etc. These were things that SnapApp simply couldn't handle. I'm not bashing SnapApp for any reason; their quiz platform was fantastic 3+ years ago and I'm sure it's even better now. If you're looking for just quizzes, SnapApp is still the way to go. But when you take interactivity as a whole, Ceros is unbeatable.

SnapApp

Reasons for Switching to Ceros

We researched Brandcast, did the demo, and checked out all the bells and whistles they had to offer. It's a similar WYSIWYG platform, but it deals heavily with making actual websites or microsites. When it came down to it, our arsenal of content includes microsites, iPapers, interactive e-books, interactive infographics, etc. Brandcast truly made web design easy and would be perfect for an agency pushing out websites for their clients. But for us, it wasn't enough. There wasn't enough design freedom to be able to create these out-of-the-box experiences that our clients love so much. So we chose Ceros instead.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great content development tool

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

We are still early in our work with Ceros but the experience across the board has been excellent. We have loved the support we get, the design features, the templates and the learning tools that the team offers us. We use it for new content creation, repurposing older content and for enhancing our website experience. It's an excellent way to grow your marketing on a small or large scale.

Pros

Ceros has been a fantastic option to enhance a lot of our content management that existed as an ebook, technical document or report. It gives us another way to communicate key assets in a unique and smart way. There are endless options and it can be a blank canvas or template, depending on our needs.

If you know Adobe, it can be a seamless transition on the design side and then some learning on animations and different web options to optimize the experience for visitors. They have a good analytics section as well that we are still learning but it's great to have that available.

The customer service thus far has been excellent. There are regular check-ins, tutorials and you have access to their team to help you walk through some of the more complicated aspects of the tool.

The Pro features have access to white labeling and dedicated URL handling which is a good feature as well.

Cons

If you are a beginner to Adobe, it can be difficult to learn and there is an investment. However, for organizations that are content marketing-focused, it's a fantastic tool to have at your disposal.

Jess R.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great product that has changed the way we create content

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Pros

As a service provider our industry is based on relationships, so finding new and interactive ways to reach our clients and influencer base is so important. Now we create content through the lens of user interaction and functionality instead of static web and white pages – we're seeing a dramatic increase in our engagements rates across the board, not only in click rates but time spent on the pages themselves.

Cons

The learning curve from static to interactive content can be steep, especially for teams that don't have designers available to work solely on this software. Even with Ceros' ability to simplify the process, it can still feel like a heavy lift for teams with high pressure deadlines that already run lean.

Holly celeste F.

My favorite platform

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

We've been using Ceros since the early days, and it's been so cool to watch it grow and evolve. Our creative directors and design leads have always had good things to say about their interactions with the Ceros team, and of course I've enjoyed meeting them at B2BMX, Sirius, B2BSMX and other conferences over the years. I'm always a fan of Ceros' marketing, too.

Pros

I love that we can build immersive content experiences for all our clients, with tools that help us accomplish just about anything we think of when it comes to cool callouts, animations, layouts. And of course, it's great that we can then dig into the data to see what the users are actually responding to.

Cons

I wish metrics were available in a more customizable dashboard, and easier to download or share a custom report with a client... although I suspect Ceros is focusing more on one-on-one client relationships vs. agencies, so I won't hold my breath for that. Still cool that we can learn so much about what users are looking at.

Michael F.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Pros

I love its ability to create great web experiences, without the coding knowledge.

Cons

It can be quite buggy at times, but it seems to be improving over the year.

Lauren D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Ceros Critique

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

My overall experience has been pleasing, but has I feel like I don't use the software to its full potential. As I get more familiar with it, I feel like I will take larger risks in my design and approach in a project.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use. As soon as you start a experience it feels familiar.

Cons

The Desktop to Mobile conversion. I thought it was going to be an easier transition between the two versions and I feel like Im building an entire new experience.

Robert R.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Creating Experiences with Content

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Pros

The software is unique in that it allows you to create your own content without being a graphic designer or writing a lot of code. It was also nice that analytics were collected on the content to gauge user interaction.

Cons

It took awhile to learn--especially for our student workers who were used to Adobe creative suite applications.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

CEROS has been great, building out interactive experiences.

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

While it's been tough for us to be able to set some time aside to really interact with the team, they have been helpful when we've reached out for help. When it comes down to building out interactive experiences, CEROS has been a great tool to help bring those pieces to life without having to involve an entire team, from concepting, design, and the actual build.

Pros

Familiarity in experience with other apps like Photoshop, Sketch, Figma. An app capable of handling the design and the coding.

Cons

At times you just need to refresh the experience to clear out any bugs.

Daniel B.

Ceros: Making Interactive Content More Accessible for Agencies

Reviewed on 26/12/2017

Pros

Gives agencies and marketing teams the ability to make complex, interactive content without the need for a developer; tools simply require a skillset similar to Adobe Creative Suite; excellent customer support and onboarding; outstanding visuals; easy to embed; lets anyone view a live preview link for a project in process.

Cons

Fairly expensive, but you get your money's worth; not easy to create certain forms of content (like quizzes); responsiveness can be tricky on certain websites.

Jonathan H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Amazing product for the marketing team on the go

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

We couldn't ask for a better simple web experience tool.

Pros

Easy to use, responsive account management and product team.

Cons

The desktop app could stay logged in! Sometimes a pain with translation tools.

Johnson S.

Software for marketers and designers

Reviewed on 17/4/2017

In my opinion it is the best software for designers. Because with this program i can create different contents very easily

Jo W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

• Industry: Investment Management

Good tool, Lacks professional services support.

Reviewed on 4/11/2021

It is a sticky product and you start relying on it. But as a integrated vendor, Ceros has not been great.

Pros

Software is hard to use and complex, but does the job well. Team is consistent in improving with the constant releases.

Cons

Product is complex and requires heavy training or professional services to deliver upon the promise. The business model is optimized for software licensing and services are expensive.

Jebbit, Uberflip and Foleon

Reasons for Switching to Ceros

Product seemed easier to use, promised a lot of support.
Lisbeth L.
  • Industry: Furniture

Great software

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

My overall experience is good. the customer service is great!

Pros

Ease of used and ability to make it what you want it to be.

Cons

Some features could be easier to use. I wish there was a direct mailing feature integrated into the software.

Hannah B.
  • Used for 1-5 months

The idea was super cool, but the time needed to learn it and the money turned us off

Reviewed on 4/5/2018

Not much seeing as I wound up canceling after using it for a few months.

Pros

As a whole, the things that Ceros is capable of is pretty bad ass. The examples they show you are super cool and get you super psyched to get started and buy the product right away. They have a ton of premade templates that you can use to jump off with if you are not quite ready to build a template from scratch.

Cons

The complexity. I mean, they are really targetting graphic designers, which I am not, so I can't be mad, but it is insane. I loved the demo and was super jazzed to get started with the software, but once I started I realized I was not going to be able to make anything worthwhile. The time needed to really delve into the software and learn everything that it can do totally turned me off. The price seemed great for everything it could create, but if you are not an expert in photoshop it is a waste of money. You might as well just stick with Canva because you are going to get frustrated and hate everything you create.

Jamie M.

Ceros - An Invaluable Marketing Tool!

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

Pros

Ceros allows us to create custom, unique, interactive experiences for our clients. We can create both proactive and reactive experiences to help us showcase our offerings and executions in the most compelling way. Building detailed and creative micro-sites enables us to show our clients how much we care and value their business.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints about the software. The Ceros team is very open to change and listening to feedback. They adapt the product constantly, upgrading it to meet the ever-evolving needs of the users.

• Industry: Media Production

As easy as pie ...

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

I've had a pretty amazing experience with Ceros and continue to do so. I'm a first time user and had 1 hour of private training, it's simple to start and you can create amazing content if you just practice and experience.

Pros

How simple it was to create immersive elements.

Cons

The difficulty to add audio to an element.

Carlamarie A.

Great experience for sure!

so far has been great!

Pros

Is web base, so you don't loose if you don't save !

Cons

Most of my graphics I have to customized outside the software.

Solid content creation

Reviewed on 14/6/2018

Pros

I like all the options I have for creating unique content with Ceros. It was fairly easy to use once I took some tutorials.

Cons

As I mentioned, there was some learning involved. I usually pick this stuff up pretty quick but this took a bit more time.

Charlotte R.
  • Industry: Insurance

A designer's interactive dream

Reviewed on 16/7/2021

I've had a great experience. My account rep understands my needs and checks in with me regularly, and any time I have a technical question or need something "right now" the chat is super-responsive and very helpful.

Pros

Ceros gives me the ability to create beautiful things for the web without having to know code! It works well with Adobe products, and they continue to upgrade and improve the product.

Cons

Any features that I wish Ceros had are given to our account rep, who gives them to their development team as a wish-list of sorts. They have acted on many things, and continue to improve and add features.

Webflow

Reasons for Switching to Ceros

Ceros seemed to have the integration capability we needed with our CMS.
Gabby G.
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

Overall, the platform is great and the customer service is amazing! I don't have web development experience. I actually came from commercial printing and self-taught Ceros with their educational tools. I've been able to create dynamic sites.

Pros

As an Adobe based designer, the Ceros platform is easy to create a layout with previous Adobe InDesign experience. Ceros Inspire is an amazing tool for quick layout templates to get your ideas following and also features some custom created sites for inspiration. The animation is easy to add and elevate any layout as someone who hasn't worked much with After Effects or other timeline animation tools.

Cons

The functionality could use some work. Features like paragraph and character styles are missing in the capabilities. The latest major update added some capabilities like "adaptive" layouts, meaning not quite responsive, but better than nothing mobile layout conversion from desktop designs. The platform isn't great for customizing SEO or social sharing.

Meredith B.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy to use and wonderful support team

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Using this platform has made our process of creating interactive and dynamic content so much easier. The response from our internal teams has been incredible. Working with the Ceros team has been great - they are really invested in our success and support us as much as they can.

Pros

The software feels familiar, which made onboarding and training quick. The Ceros team provides so many training resources, both on their site and via regular webinars, which helps to train my team and keep us up to date on new features. The IT support team is incredibly responsive - some of the best I’ve experienced!

Cons

I think there are a lot of opportunities for the software to expand its functionality around paragraph and character styles that would make layout and styling faster and more streamlined. The animations are good but I would like to see them be more customizable, and the interactions more dynamic, in the future.

Maglr
Kayla P.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Love this product!

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

Pros

The ceros platform is super easy to learn how to use, and it allows me to make extremely high quality content in a quick time frame. I love the flexibility it provides to bring creative visions and ideas to life, without having to know anything about code at all. I'm able to create impressive, engaging and unique content that makes both internal teams and external prospects and customers really excited about what we're doing, and it brings a new level of creativity to the way we think about producing marketing collateral and assets.

Cons

The only negative thing I've noticed about this software is that there can sometimes be bugs or the studio can sometimes freeze when creating really complex content with lots of layers or interactions. However, the support chat in the studio is always available and I've found them super helpful and responsive when trying to solve these issues.

Caisa B.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Ceros is a great tool for beautiful experiences done quickly, if you can afford it.

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

We have created some beautiful web pages with Ceros and the support team is extremely helpful and quick to respond! Overall it has been a nice partnership but there are some serious issues that should be addressed.

Pros

Ceros is easy to use if the user is familiar with adobe programs. After about one week of daily use, it becomes super easy to navigate and start creating!

Cons

Ceros is marketed as a way to create entire websites but it's just not quite there. The animation and design options are extensive but the inability to directly view and edit the code of your experience is such a detriment that it makes it hard to justify using Ceros over hiring a web developer.

Kristen S.

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

AWESOME. Great client relations team, great customer support. 10/10.

Pros

I love how dynamic the platform and design interface is , truly graphic designer friendly, doesn't take a lot of code or web design knowledge.

Cons

Not the most SEO friendly platform I've worked with, there aren't drag and drop pre-designed design blocks, and although features do continue to be rolled out and product updates, there are some formatting and functionality features missing.