Ceros

Create stunning experiential content, no coding required.

4.5 /5 (45 reviews) Write a Review!

Eva R.
  • Industry: Media Production

Easy to use and unlimited possibilities

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Love the platform, people and overall branding :)

Pros

Ceros is SO EASY to use. It's been my secret weapon for three years now ... especially when I need to make a project really sing.

Cons

The worst things about Ceros are that the experiences crash when left untouched for several months, there are a ton of bugs, and sometimes the pixels are off. I wish there were more advanced typography settings.

Daria W.

Great software

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

For me the experience has been great. I have been working with the software for over 2 years and have created several custom content pages for various brands. They are always improving and adding new features and listen to their users. As an example, you no longer have to create separate experience for desktop or mobile - it now lives in one file and you can just switch between and resize or replace the elements independently.

You don't have to be a developer to understand this software and in a way can be more free in design. You don't have to worry as much about how to implement it - once you have an understanding of how the various animations and other tools work - alone or together to create the effect you need.

Tech support is almost immediate and very helpful.

Pros

Overall I'm very happy working with this software - once you get to know it and have a better understanding of the tools and how they can help you, it's pretty simple to create great animated content whether it's a landing page, quiz or a article embedded graph. You can make it as simple or complex as you want and additionally you can embed other code (like JS or forms) to add features that might not exist within Ceros. Ceros has a lot of various standard JS type animations which can transform a page into something that is fun or exciting to scroll through. I'm very impressed with the Inspire gallery showing so many different applications and fun projects using the software and it gives us ideas to use in next project.

Cons

While there are not a lot of things I am not happy with, I do wish there were more shape features and line options ( octagon, maybe a free form shape, dotted or double line - sort of like Photoshop ). I also would like to see a masking tool. There are occasional bugs.

Justin U.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Stunning product with okay features

Reviewed on 19/6/2018

I was able to leverage my Adobe Illustrator skills to create some really impressive motion infographics. Ceros also helps make your infographics interactive, condensing the size of the final product, and helping deliver snackable nuggets of info, as opposed to super long-form content.

Pros

If you're any good at creating PowerPoint animations, Ceros is a really cool tool that can help take your infographics to the next level. It uses a similar approach to animations as PowerPoint (fly in, fly out, fade in/out, etc) with an interface that is similar to Adobe Illustrator.

Cons

Ceros is very expensive for what it can do. The short trial costs too much, and you don't get to keep the assets you create. Animation options are also somewhat limiting. You can't really combine multiple animations on the same object simultaneously. It's also very time consuming to create assets that are worthwhile.

Chase H.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great software for creating interactive, eye-catching experience

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

We've had a lot of fun working with the platform and have a great customer success manager who always finds us great examples to work from and answers any and all questions. It's been a big timesaver and has come in handy for a lot of projects.

Pros

WYSIWYG interface with lots of animations and tools to create content. The support for embedding other code and objects (and even embedding ceros experiences inside other ones) has been great. Makes it quick and fairly easy to create simple interactive pieces of microcontent as well as has the depth to create really in-depth, interactive experiences with minimal coding involved.

Cons

A few bugs here and there, and is a little on the pricier side.

Courtney F.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Ceros for interactive client projects

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Ceros has been a really challenging creative platform, and a lot of tools have been added in the last few years to compliment the ideas in my head! adding an action to an element, grouping it and adding a second has been great...can we do more please? like a 3+ actions on one element?

Pros

Create animated projects for clients and not have to worry about elaborate coding begin the scenes. Some of the 'hacks' i had as shortcuts several year ago have become standard tools (color palettes, layers) to make initial project setup much easier.

Cons

Been waiting 4+ years for some fine details, specifically rotating items at a percentage...for example, a 1/4 (90˚) turn, or 10% rotation. Found some workarounds, but there have been numerous instances when a client wants a clock-type motion and have been unable to produce exactly what they have in mind.

Mike V.

Strong program overall

Reviewed on 6/9/2017

Pros

The interface is very user friendly. Very similar to Adobe CS. Allows the designer to experiment with layout scaling and sizing easily. Gives you the ability to work off the pasteboard. The interactive controls are very intuitive and allow for many complex interactions with minimal programming.

Cons

Haven't found to many as of yet. Some of the effects transitions could be a litttle smoother. They are choppy at times.

Kelly B.

Ceros

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

We were hoping to get more interaction & more sales. we are still evaluating.

Pros

I like the easy animations and the new crop tool makes it easy to edit photos without having to go back to Photoshop.

Cons

The way it handles text isn't consistent with other design programs. I mostly use Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, PremierPro, Photoshop where the text is scalable & viewable when zooming in or zooming out. While updating new product descriptions on our lookbooks, Ceros crashed almost every time. So simple text changes took way longer than they should have. I found that if I ungrouped the text it seemed to work a little better but then I have to regroup & re-apply the animations.

Jesse B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Love it

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

I was asked to make a poster and I didn't know even where to start but venngage help me a lot to make my designs. Also I'm happy that I came across it on line.

Pros

I like the help cuz when starting some people may be their first time to use venngage.

Cons

The cost, cuz some students are in high school they don't have the money to pay for it.

Pasmi S.

An easy tool for interactive creations

Reviewed on 30/1/2020

Overall it has been a great tool, after experimenting with a few projects, this tool has become very handy in presenting things in very interactive and creative ways. The support team has also been very helpful anytime I struggle and are able to resolve issues quite quickly.

Pros

The amount of interactions and templates stored on the tool makes it easy to create almost any kind of project.

Cons

Sometimes a little complicated with all the designing, as a beginner it is easy to get lost. But once you get the hang of the tool there are many more opportunities.

Jessa D.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/5/2018

David D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Level up your digital marketing

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

The team at Ceros amazing; responsive, super friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help. It's obvious Ceros prioritizes the people behind the software. Pair that with this very powerful game-changing application, and you've got a huge win for any digital marketing team.

Pros

The overall concept of building interactive experiences with a WYSIWYG interface! We can create so much more content at a higher frequency with the same or less amount of work.

Cons

Sometimes a very random issue can only be resolved with a couple quit and restarts, but that is very rare. It's a solid platform.

Marlene S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use with high quality results

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

We use Ceros for a lot of our thought leadership experiences. It provides us with a way to engage our readers and creatively express the content we are interested in sharing.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and the Ceros team is always quick to respond with creative ideas, solutions and assistance if you get in a jam.

Cons

The price is a bit high but you get what you pay for with the quality of the output.

Alliana S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Game Changer

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

Pros

Ceros is easy to use. The interface is very comparable to the Adobe creative suite, and is intuitive to learn. It makes it simple to create interactive websites that differentiate us from our competition. The ceros team is easy to work with, and the chat function helps smooth over any bumps in the road you may encounter.

Cons

On occasion there are bugs, but you could say that about any software. And the Ceros team is always working to improve the software, so any issues that arise are quickly fixed.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Beautiful content creator

Reviewed on 15/4/2019

Pros

With Ceros you can create some seriously good looking content. The interactive/moving content is really unique.

Cons

Creating content with Ceros can be time-consuming if you do not come from a design background.

Amber A.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

I used this software to create an interactive lookbook for a marketing company I worked for.

Reviewed on 23/7/2018

I actually enjoyed using this software, I'm just not sure how helpful it would be to continue using regularly. More of a special project.

Pros

There were a lot of options for animating imagery and text to create flow and move the viewers eye through the piece. And it was very quick to learn.

Cons

Some of the functions are extremely sensitive so that took a little getting used to.

Whitney W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great product, very expensive

Reviewed on 31/5/2019

They are great with customer service

Pros

I loved the end results that were produced using Ceros. Beautiful, slick graphics and interactive designs.

Cons

It is very expensive, so you have to make sure it is being used. Also, if contract ever ends, you have to host everything you created on your own.

Gina L.

Ceros is a True Game Changer for the Interactive Industry

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Ceros is the WYSIWYG platform for interactive design that every non-web designer has been looking for. I'm simply a graphic designer who can bob and weave my way around InDesign and Illustrator in my sleep, but once Dreamweaver and HTML are involved, I'm lost. When you think about how advanced design is getting on the internet, graphic design gets to be very limiting. Ceros solves that problem. I, as a traditionally static designer, can jump into this easy-to-use platform and whip up lively experiences with fun interactions and animations. The content I create in Ceros is so much more engaging than anything I could create as a simple static PDF. For our team, it's been a cost effective way to create web experiences without paying an outside developer. Both our internal team and our clients love the Ceros work that we do. As Ceros adds new features, our design work gets increasingly better, so I hope to continue to use Ceros and make my work even stronger each year.

Pros

Many of my interactive designs have complicated carousels, click-to-reveals, navigation, menus, etc. Some of these things can really give you grey hairs at a young age, but Ceros makes detailed interactions easy to build out. The tools are laid out easily so that you know what each button is going to do and how it's going to interact with other objects on your canvas. It can be tedious, but it beats having to learn coding and deal with the HTML myself. A few other honorable mentions: Ceros has an excellent array of templates that users can take and build onto; Ceros also is very receptive to feedback from users, and I've found in my 3+ years using the platform that a lot of idea I've added to the suggestion box have been implemented.

Cons

The lack of functionality for quizzes and assessments is a bummer. To define what I mean by quizzes, I'm strictly talking about assets where you're posed with a question, you select an answer (possibly multiple choice) and the end result after a handful of questions is to be dumped into a specific bucket category. I've talked to many Ceros reps about making quizzes, and while it's doable, it's extremely convoluted and the output of metrics is unorganized. With that said, the analytics you receive from any experience isn't really all that much to brag about. The Ceros platform has a really nice display of visuals for users to see, but once it's time to pass the data onto a client or anyone outside of the Ceros platform, you get this extremely messy and hard-to-read CSV file. I don't love that. It would be better if you could export the graphs and data visuals straight from the backend of Ceros.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great content development tool

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

We are still early in our work with Ceros but the experience across the board has been excellent. We have loved the support we get, the design features, the templates and the learning tools that the team offers us. We use it for new content creation, repurposing older content and for enhancing our website experience. It's an excellent way to grow your marketing on a small or large scale.

Pros

Ceros has been a fantastic option to enhance a lot of our content management that existed as an ebook, technical document or report. It gives us another way to communicate key assets in a unique and smart way. There are endless options and it can be a blank canvas or template, depending on our needs.

If you know Adobe, it can be a seamless transition on the design side and then some learning on animations and different web options to optimize the experience for visitors. They have a good analytics section as well that we are still learning but it's great to have that available.

The customer service thus far has been excellent. There are regular check-ins, tutorials and you have access to their team to help you walk through some of the more complicated aspects of the tool.

The Pro features have access to white labeling and dedicated URL handling which is a good feature as well.

Cons

If you are a beginner to Adobe, it can be difficult to learn and there is an investment. However, for organizations that are content marketing-focused, it's a fantastic tool to have at your disposal.

Jess R.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great product that has changed the way we create content

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Pros

As a service provider our industry is based on relationships, so finding new and interactive ways to reach our clients and influencer base is so important. Now we create content through the lens of user interaction and functionality instead of static web and white pages – we're seeing a dramatic increase in our engagements rates across the board, not only in click rates but time spent on the pages themselves.

Cons

The learning curve from static to interactive content can be steep, especially for teams that don't have designers available to work solely on this software. Even with Ceros' ability to simplify the process, it can still feel like a heavy lift for teams with high pressure deadlines that already run lean.

Holly celeste F.

My favorite platform

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

We've been using Ceros since the early days, and it's been so cool to watch it grow and evolve. Our creative directors and design leads have always had good things to say about their interactions with the Ceros team, and of course I've enjoyed meeting them at B2BMX, Sirius, B2BSMX and other conferences over the years. I'm always a fan of Ceros' marketing, too.

Pros

I love that we can build immersive content experiences for all our clients, with tools that help us accomplish just about anything we think of when it comes to cool callouts, animations, layouts. And of course, it's great that we can then dig into the data to see what the users are actually responding to.

Cons

I wish metrics were available in a more customizable dashboard, and easier to download or share a custom report with a client... although I suspect Ceros is focusing more on one-on-one client relationships vs. agencies, so I won't hold my breath for that. Still cool that we can learn so much about what users are looking at.

Michael F.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Ceros Review

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Pros

I love its ability to create great web experiences, without the coding knowledge.

Cons

It can be quite buggy at times, but it seems to be improving over the year.

Lauren D.

Ceros Critique

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

My overall experience has been pleasing, but has I feel like I don't use the software to its full potential. As I get more familiar with it, I feel like I will take larger risks in my design and approach in a project.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use. As soon as you start a experience it feels familiar.

Cons

The Desktop to Mobile conversion. I thought it was going to be an easier transition between the two versions and I feel like Im building an entire new experience.

Robert R.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Creating Experiences with Content

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Pros

The software is unique in that it allows you to create your own content without being a graphic designer or writing a lot of code. It was also nice that analytics were collected on the content to gauge user interaction.

Cons

It took awhile to learn--especially for our student workers who were used to Adobe creative suite applications.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

CEROS has been great, building out interactive experiences.

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

While it's been tough for us to be able to set some time aside to really interact with the team, they have been helpful when we've reached out for help. When it comes down to building out interactive experiences, CEROS has been a great tool to help bring those pieces to life without having to involve an entire team, from concepting, design, and the actual build.

Pros

Familiarity in experience with other apps like Photoshop, Sketch, Figma. An app capable of handling the design and the coding.

Cons

At times you just need to refresh the experience to clear out any bugs.

Daniel B.

Ceros: Making Interactive Content More Accessible for Agencies

Reviewed on 26/12/2017

Pros

Gives agencies and marketing teams the ability to make complex, interactive content without the need for a developer; tools simply require a skillset similar to Adobe Creative Suite; excellent customer support and onboarding; outstanding visuals; easy to embed; lets anyone view a live preview link for a project in process.

Cons

Fairly expensive, but you get your money's worth; not easy to create certain forms of content (like quizzes); responsiveness can be tricky on certain websites.