Todoist

4.6 (2,054)
To-do list & task management software for handling projects

(2,054)
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.4/5

2055 Reviews

Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Todoist is a powerful, intuitive to-do list application with many features & only a few flaws

Reviewed on 10/1/2021

Overall, Todoist has been a life-saver, allowing me to simplify my work life and organize the numerous projects & tasks I have to juggle. While it can be complicated at times and lacks certain features I would love to see, it is the best project management app I've ever used, and I would sorely miss it if Todoist were to be shut down.

Pros

Todoist has simplified my work life - helping to organize all my tasks, projects, and meetings in a simple way that ensures no project is missed. While there is a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to best utilize & organize the platform, the simplicity of it's core features makes it easy for anyone to pick up and use. You are able to hop on their website or app and add a task in an instant; with the ability to schedule the due date, priority, and set it up in a specific project very quickly using their shortcuts. With their team collaboration features, you are also able to assign specific tasks to specific people, allowing for quick and ease collaboration and project management. Plus, Todoist offers numerous templates that help facilitate setup, and a very simple "Karma" rewards system that helps encourage use (and helps make you feel accomplished).

Cons

Todoist offers numerous systems, but unfortunately it can be a bit of a learning curve to learn all the shortcuts (especially when they change periodically) and an effective way to organize the projects & tags. As well, while they offer simple ways to import their templates and allow you to export templates of your own, they don't offer a simple cloud storage solution for those templates - so to load an exported template, you need to download it, keep it, and reupload it when needed. Lastly, they lack the ability to setup certain types of tasks; such as a task with subtasks that all repeat weekly - currently you can schedule them all to happen each week, but the subtasks end up getting listed as full tasks on the due date.

Any.do and Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Todoists simplicity & features set it apart above the rest
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment

Get organized with Todoist

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

I need a simple software that i can relied on to managing my days, and Todoist is the best option for that objective. It can be connected or integrated with Google Assistant which will remind me of my event on my calendar with it voice.

Pros

The best thing that i really like is it can be access from various device and no need to install the software into the device. I use it as my organizer to schedule, remind and organized all my daily task and to-do list, either for my work task or for my personal task. It is not packed with feature like other project management software, but still can get the work done.

Cons

It lacked of feature that i need and sometimes it is quite frustrating and i have to using other software to get it done. Other than that, It is very helpful in reminding and scheduling my day and not too expensive to subscribing its premium plan.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Just doist !

Reviewed on 2/1/2023

I have been using this software for several years and it allows me to organize myself simply and efficiently. There is simply nothing negative to say about its use or the monetization of certain options. Its basic formula remains one of the most efficient and easy to use. I highly recommend TODOIST

Pros

The software is easy to use and has a really nice and simple interface. We can quickly add or remove a task, and also easily take note of our daily todo list.I appreciate and use this software because it allows me to organize myself very simply and very efficiently.

Cons

Strictly speaking, there are no major defects or incapacitating difficulties in using the software.Depending on the business plan you decide to use, some options may be missing, but this does not change the quality and ease of use of the software.The most interesting options of the program are not behind a paywall, which is the most pleasant thing.

Nevzat

Unplannedness

Reviewed on 1/12/2022

In general, it is a good application, but the difficulty of the interface was sometimes difficult to use, and it took some time for me, but after getting used to it, I started to use it very easily.

Pros

If you are experiencing the problem of unplanned, you have really found the program you are looking for. I think it should be one of your good choice and a must for business planning and management.

Cons

The interface could have been easier and more useful. Especially the Chrome web application has a very bad interface.

Angus

Great Task Manager

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Really helps me focus on the things I need to do on any particular day. Support is great when you need it (which isn't that often). They provide a lot of advice and useful information on their website too.

Pros

Easy to customise. Good language recognition which speeds things up tremendously. Very easy to create recurring tasks.

Cons

I cannot think of things that I don't like about Todoist

Sandra

Todoist: Organised task tracking application

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Todoist made my task organized and increased productivity.

Pros

I love this Todoist application. Todoist is a user-friendly application. You can track tasks, plan projects, schedule tasks, share files with the team, manage workflow, and much more. User can customize the Todoist look and feel. Todoist is a contemporary application that provides support in different platforms like web application, desktop application, chrome extension, and mobile application. Task can be segregated by due date, label, and priorities. Todoist gives reminders according to the priority of the task.

Cons

Todoist does not have any specific cons. Todoist is a very good application, it should add more features and functionalities in future.

Kurapati
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Todoist is an excellent app that provides a comprehensive and modern task management solution

Reviewed on 15/1/2023

It provides excellent cross-platform accessibility, widgets, and applications, allowing me to keep up to date at all times. The premium edition I recently purchased is even better than the prior one, and there is no other software that comes close to being as useful as Todoist in my opinion. It assists me in getting things done and efficiently managing duties to postpone or prepone.

Pros

Todoist's intellisense is excellent, and we can easily add dates, times, and priorities to tasks without using the mouse. Adding a date to each activity assures that I will receive a nice reminder via email on that date, which is quite useful. The Add Task panel's automated date or day recognition improves the user experience. An excellent contribution to project planning team cooperation.

Cons

The programme, both the Windows and Android versions, has a flaw that prevents it from synchronising simply. The free version does not provide reminders or alerts. Furthermore, I occasionally receive a large number of updates on repeating duties; while this occurs very infrequently, it can disturb my workflow during the week.

Martin
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Todoist

Reviewed on 5/1/2023

With Todoist, I manage to do things by scheduling and makes Life Easier.!

Pros

Managing our daily task , Improving our Organization and Communication, easy and friendly user suitable for everyone.!

Cons

The apps are Great but, I'm not Surprise if they can still develop it to the Highest level. Friendly User, Suitable for all ages.!

Mohamed
  • Industry: Entertainment

"Effective Task Management and Productivity Tool"

Reviewed on 3/1/2023

Overall, I have found Todoist to be an effective task management and productivity tool. It has helped me to stay organized and on top of my work, and I would recommend it to others looking for a similar solution.

Pros

Todoist has been an invaluable tool for helping me to manage my tasks and boost my productivity. The interface is clean and user-friendly, and I appreciate the ability to create projects and sub-tasks to keep my work organized. I also like the option to set reminders and due dates, which helps me to stay on track and meet deadlines.

Cons

One potential downside of Todoist is that the free version does have some limitations in terms of the number of projects and users that can be added. However, the paid version is reasonably priced and offers additional features that may be worth the investment for larger teams or businesses.

Zaid

Efficient Task Manager

Reviewed on 4/12/2022

Pros

I love Todoist! It's such a great way to organize your tasks and have them completed by someone else. The reminders are super helpful, too - if I'm running late on any due dates they'll let me know. I really enjoy using this app because not only does it allow you create subtasks within each task but also share specific lists with other users which helps keep things fresh across multiple timelines

Cons

I wish Todoist had a more detailed calendar view that would show me my work priorities according to the date. It's difficult when different things are on the list and they aren't linear, so it'd be easier for me manage if I could see what was coming up next in advance instead of just checking everything off as complete once its completed!

Rikaz
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

An essential organization tool for self and teams!

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Todoist has been a pleasure to use and I can't recommend it enough especially as a starting app for your teams.

Pros

Todoist has multiple features which make it easy to use.

The mobile app is minimal in design and easy to navigate. Setting up a task and sub-tasks, adding members, communicating with the team, & managing projects is just so easy. On Android there is even a widget to directly add tasks to the app.

The web app is equally up to the task of it's Android cousin having nearly all the features of the Android App.

Cons

Being a freemium service, Todoist requires users to pay for their premium services as well as being limited to 5 active projects, 5 collaborators per project, & 5 MB file uploads in the free version.

Any.do

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Todoist user interface was easier to use.

Any.do

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Todoist takes the lead due to it's ease of use and better user interfaces.
Shanna
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Todoist: Where My Professional and Personal Lives Meet

Reviewed on 6/1/2020

Todoist is reliable, simple and collaborative. It's less glitchy than other options, and has streamlined my life so now I can spend more time knocking out my tasks and less time prioritizing work and personal tasks through multiple different systems.

Pros

The Projects Feature is the absolute best part of Todoist! I was working between a few different programs (Outlook, Google Tasks, Google Notes, Smartsheet and Evernote), and needed one central place to keep notes and to-do lists for my personal and professional life. The collaboration tools allow me and my coworkers to share notes and to-do lists on joint projects, and me and and my husband to share home renovation punch lists and store to-buy lists, all in one central place. My life feels so much more streamlined since making the switch!

Cons

Since I've worked with so many different programs, I do miss certain functionalities of other programs: the Gantt-style like Smartsheet offers, the ability to sync with my email as seamlessly as Google and Outlook, and task contingency so that not all "to-dos" are shown at once, but overall I landed on Todoist due to it's simple interface and introducing any of the those features would take away from that.

The one thing I would change for new users is that it's simple, but not intuitive to schedule recurring tasks. I had to Google the answer, and while it's easy (simple typing "every Monday" after the task does the trick) it seems like putting an icon would have been a no-brainer.

Norzihan
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Simple tools, but effective

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

Staying focus on task in hand and know which task needed to be complete first help me to expedite my work load and keep everything is in order within the time frame. It has help with my time managing and i would love to recommend Todoist to every team to try it.

Pros

Using Todoist to managing daily task and to-do list and to automatically notify me of my pending task is very easy to do with this software. Todoist really simplifying my work process and letting me to planning my work and task for the next 7 days. Delegating task in project to my team members can be done simply by giving them access to the project.

Cons

I will be ineffective to execute a complex project with Todoist, as they are missing some critical project management feature like agile kanban board that i need for collaborating project cross department. The emojis in the chat is not necessarily useful and should be replace with other useful feature.

Alexi

Never Forget a Thing and Get it Done

Reviewed on 16/2/2022

Pros

I love how intuitive and pretty the interface is, meaning, that I am not discouraged or afraid to open the software. The most important feature is definitely the natural language processing that is extremely intuitive and understand what I try to do.

Cons

If you are bilingual or write tasks in multiple languages, the software may become confused.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Todoist has a card view which redeems Trello useless as it isn't very different.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Simpler and has a free tier to get started.
Khazianah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Help me tracking task progress

Reviewed on 25/2/2021

Me and my colleague really glad that we are changing to Todoist as our main to-do list software. None of our task is left behind because we forgot to do it, as this software will remind us for any task that is unfinished and has past its due date.

Pros

All my task that i created in this software are track-able which really helps in managing my work list and my personal to-do list. Setting reminder to my event using the calendar can be integrated to my google calendar, as i usually using google calendar as my main scheduler.

Cons

Storing and sharing my document internally using Todoist is not easy as they promoted. I prefer to integrate it with other storing services that has not limit on the file size.

Michael
  • Industry: Banking

The best “to do” tracker around!

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

I used to use Evernote and Omnifocus to track my tasks. Both are great products, but don’t hold a candle to ToDoIst. I can’t recommend it enough!

Pros

Using natural language to input to do’s is a game changer. Simply speaking or typing as you would natural speak create as a to do that is tracked, attached to a project, and scheduled couldn’t be easier. Plus the fun “Karma” level tracker that allows you to “level up” as you complete tasks is a fun diversion.

Cons

I wish using the app was as easy as using the web site. If you want to move multiple tasks to a project when you are cleaning out your inbox (and using Getting Things done methodology) you have to select and move them individually. In the web browser you can use CTRL to select multiple tasks. Other than this, ToDoIst is the perfect tracker!

Mohammed
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Helped me get over my difficulties with delegation

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

Because it integrated quite effortlessly with most of our other associated tools, it didn't take too much convincing to get all team members to take to it. Being able to make entries directly via email was probably one of the most convenient features for me; allowing me to input comments and entries right from my mail inbox. And most importantly, delegation became very simple because I could easily break down huge tasks into smaller bits on the board, and therefore better estimate how far my individual efforts could go.

Pros

Assigning priority levels to my task entries really helped improve my productivity considerably. The few minutes or seconds I spend deciding on where each item should be ranked ends up saving me a few extra hours every day by making me much more clinical in the use of my time. Also, the user interface feels very welcoming.

Cons

The reporting features can be improved quite a bit. There should be options for quantifying performance and output of team members. And also some advanced graphic options for comparing the individual outputs of members assigned different subtasks on the same project.

Martha
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

You can do it with Todoist

Reviewed on 26/8/2021

I have been managing my daily tasks at personal and home level. My general testimony is that for every task I have for that day, if I have it on todoist, I know I'll do it.

Pros

The first thing that will capture your attention is the logo itself. The symbol of three white ticks in a red background gives an inner feeling of success amidst a dangerously busy day.
The app has both a free version and a paid version. The paid version is priced from $4 to $5 per person per month, which is reasonable.
When you open the app, you are welcome with the Bird's eye view of your week. You plan your tasks and fill them into the timeslots of your choice, so you can see how your week appears on the dashboard. This helps you to readjust your plans sensibly.
Todoist works perfectly well on almost all well-known platforms. You have all the assurance to find your data on every gadget you use, because everything is synched, making you less likely to forget a thing.
Todoist can also work flawlessly on your device without a data connection and still sync everything when you are back online.
You'll find Todoist most suitable for personal routine or daily quick plans and tasks. You can share tasks with family members and set reminders at intervals of your choice.
The app can be integrated with various productivity applications like Google calendar, Jira, Slack, zendesk, Gmail, Outlook, Teams Zapier, etc.
I also like the swiftness and the AI applied in Todoist. As you type your task in the text box, the app automatically detects time and date in your sentence and accurately sets a reminder at that specific date and time.

Cons

I have not experienced any problem with the application so far. I would have said it here. If I am to compare with other apps under the same category, I am sure I was going to have complaints.

Joshua
  • Industry: Consumer Services

As both a business owner + someone with a busy personal life, Todoist helps keep me on track!

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

ToDoist has allowed me to keep track of my endless list of to-dos across both my business and personal life.

Pros

I've used several "To-Do" list apps in the past, but none of them have ever stuck, until ToDoist. What started as a way for me to keep track of work tasks quickly became my go-to app for keeping me honest with my never-ending list of to-dos both in business and personal life. The ability to create multiple to-do lists and share them with multiple (and unique) people sets us up for success and accountability. I also love being able to assign a task to somebody on the shared list and provide a due date for each individual task. I've also connected ToDoist to my Amazon Echo Dot, so I can ask support team to add items to my shopping list or tasks to my to-do list. When a task is completed and checked off by someone other than me, I love that I get a mobile push notification confirming that fact, in real time. Finally, having the app on my phone along with on my iMac makes for seamless use regardless of where I'm currently working. Overall, I've been very satisfied with ToDoist!

Cons

There are some quirks to the program, but nothing that turns me off from using it. For example, each list is considered a "Project" and each project can have sub-categories. When adding a new task to a project, you are not given the option of a sub-category. Therefore, the task defaults to the bottom of the list. You then have to scroll to the bottom and drag/drop the task under the sub-category you want it to be in. I sometimes accidentally drop it in a fashion that it creates a sub-sub-category and then I have to manually change everything in that sub-category back over. I also have not found value to the Productivity Score I am given on a daily basis, along with a lifetime score. I appreciate the psychological benefit of game-ifying your to-do list, but it's just not something I find necessary.

The Task Manager you'll actually want to use

Reviewed on 14/4/2022

My overall experience with Todoist is great. In search of more complex features, I tried many other alternatives, but in the end I found myself always coming back here. Its ease and pleasantness of use are something I cannot do without.

Pros

I have tried tons of project management and task management solutions but this is by far my favorite.
The interface is clear and simple to use, always responsive and reliable.
My favorite feature? The automatic recognition of the task information from the entered text. This is literally the feature I want in every other project management platform and the one that always keeps me coming back to Todoist. The simplicity with which I can write "Do this tomorrow at 12:00 #projectname @label" and the system automatically puts everything in its place ... I can't help it.

Cons

Although Todoist's greatest strength is its ease of use, in the professional world sometimes you feel the need for a few more features. A more granural sharing system, multi-step activity status management, different views for the activity list, gantt charts, etc.).
There are many things that could be added and that many other more complete project management platforms offer.

monday.com, ClickUp and Wrike

Better overall User Experience

Streamlined Planning on All Devices

Reviewed on 19/4/2019

I used Todoist a few years back and loved it. I then switched to a different platform for one reason or another, but ended up coming back to Todoist for its ease of use and ability to have recurring tasks. I use it for my personal tasks as well as for my business tasks.

Pros

I use Todoist for both my personal task manager as well as my business task manager. I'm a work-from-home mom with a growing business and I like that I can seamlessly use this for ANY task I need to complete. I am able to put household chores, personal projects and work projects all in one. It allows me to organize and categorize all of my to-dos I add.

I love that I can have this on my desktop, tablet and phone and they seamlessly update constantly. It helps me know what needs to be done wherever I am.

The other thing that I absolutely LOVE and saves me tons of time is that I can make some tasks recurring. I am able to add weekly, daily or monthly tasks to my to-do list. This has helped me so I never forget a task or skip doing things that come up just once in a while.

When life gets really busy, and unexpected things come up I can easily change my tasks to a different due date. This makes a world of difference in actually getting my tasks done. Instead of having a to-do list a mile long, I can re-prioritize what I have left and add it to different days as needed.

Cons

My only complaint is that I'm not able to see what I've checked off in the free version. Sometimes a task will get accidentally bumped and marked as done on my phone, and I have no way of going back to retrieve what it was without paying.

The other thing I wish there was in this software was a way to add these items to my calendar. I use Google Calendars, and it would be really nice to be able to take a task and place it on my calendar schedule as well to keep my life super organized.

Rob

Todoist - An Excellent Task Manager

Reviewed on 22/2/2022

On the whole I have found Todoist to be an excellent help. It allows me to check in and see what's on my schedule when I'm away from all of my other devices and it's helped me to keep track of all of my tasks and events.

Pros

I really like Todoist because the interface is simple, yet powerful. Once you get used to it, there are so many things you can do with it.

For example, I use a lot of filters to view only the tasks that are relevant to me at any given moment. For instance, I have a "Today" filter that shows all my tasks for today, and I have a "Starred" filter that shows all my tasks that I am currently excited about and don't want to lose track of.

I love having the big picture of all my goals while still being able to focus on one individual task at time.

Cons

Todoist is one of the most popular to-do list apps, but there are a couple of things that Todoist could do better.

First, Todoist doesn’t have proper “subtasks” like Wunderlist does. You can nest tasks inside projects in Todoist, but they don’t roll up into the parent task—it’s just a way to visually organize your tasks. If you want subtasks in Todoist, you have to create regular tasks and add them as dependencies to the main task, so you see them in your Today view or as Overdue.

Second, Todoist doesn’t have a way to assign due dates to subtasks—you can only set a single due date for the entire project. If you assign dates to the subtasks themselves (which get hidden in the project view), they don’t show up in your calendar view and there’s no way to roll them up into the parent task.

Zoran

An easy to use, versatile, productivity and organization multi-platform app.

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Todoist is great for scheduling and deadlines and is an excellent collaboration tool. It is available on many platforms both online and offline, easily syncs and has an offline functionality.

As a productivity tool, Todoist is great for teams allowing 50 people per project. It features the centralized team billing, management log-in tracking and priority support at an affordable price. It takes some thought and time to customize and use the product.

The free version is restrictive, but the paid version offers a 30-day trial that uses a credit card information and is easy to cancel. Also, it is relatively affordable with a monthly plan. I highly recommend Todoist for freelancers, small, medium, and even large businesses.

Pros

Real-time Data Synchronization among the different platforms.
30-day trial and easy to cancel.
The end of trial email reminder.
Many ways to measure and visualize progress.
Variety of platforms, apps, and plugins supported as follows: Web, Win, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Android watch, Apple watch, extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
Email plugins for the Outlook and Gmail.
It integrates with hundreds of applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox, IFTTT, and Pomodoro.
Great social media presence.
An excellent support blog and support help guide center.
Todoist Sync and REST API for creating custom tasks and custom integration sync.
Customizable shortcuts are available everywhere, regardless of the plan.
Shared project settings.
Quick add task feature.
Project, label, reminders priority and a quick comment.
Productivity meter.
It has many options available for editing tasks.
Available in 17 languages.
Available in 10 multi-color themes.
Daily and weekly goals.
Motivational features.
Backup downloads.
Automatic downloads.
Google Calendar 2-way sync integration.
An email notification controls.
Centralized team billing.
It adds projects, labels, and filters to the favorites.
It adds and removes users easily.
The Todoist for Web changelog contains details for the web, plugin, and desktop versions of Todoist.

Cons

Not a straightforward way to sign up with an existing account on an Android app.
The trial requires a credit card info although it is easy to cancel.
An Android app does not move to the SD card.
Free version for Android lacks reminders/alerts.
It limits the list to 200 active projects and tasks per project in the premium version. It should be unlimited.
2048 characters per task name and 255 characters per project name It should be more than that.
The interface takes some time to master and lacks consistency.
The calendar feature is missing.
Personal and business lists are not plainly separated.

Rob

Changed how I work & live

Reviewed on 14/5/2019

I use Todoist to manage just about everything I do, in the office and out. I've found it is particularly useful for breaking up lengthy task lists into day-to-day chunks of activity, as well as for creating plans for long-term work that needs to be picked at over time. With Todoist, I find myself much less likely to forget tasks that need doing, and to approach my work in an organized, methodical fashion.

Pros

No exaggeration, adopting Todoist as the app for tracking projects, chores, and other to-dos had a profound benefit to my productivity. The interface is fantastic, and integrations with IFTTT, Google Calendar, and heaps of other software makes it easy to automate the addition of tasks to your list or schedule.

The reminders, though, are what really changed the game for me. Being able to schedule reminders not only for particular dates and times, but for when you enter particular areas is an incredible benefit. For instance, it makes it easier remember to pick something up when you're physically at the store, or to check on the status of a project as soon as you arrive at work.

Finally, the karma and productivity streak systems, for those who like a little gamification, are nice tools for motivating yourself to stay on top of things.

Many of these features require or work best with a Premium subscription, which I endorse purchasing, but Todoist is also a great app as a free service. Try it out; you won't be disappointed.

Cons

The biggest issue I have with Todoist is that while the web and mobile applications are top-notch, the Windows 10 native app is missing features, particularly in regards to notifications. Sync is also inconsistent with that app. It's easy enough to get by without touching the native app, but I would love to see it fixed.

Angela
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Good Tool for List Makers

Reviewed on 7/12/2019

When our school switched from Outlook to Gmail I was extremely frustrated with the options available for tracking my to-do list and projects. I researched and tried several different options but did not find anything that met my needs as well as Todoist. My position requires I wear a number of different hats and have a number of diverse, unrelated projects in progress at the same time. I needed something to help me track the associated tasks and was looking for an electronic solution rather than going back to a paper day planner.

Pros

I can create projects for each of the different roles I play at work and at home. Each individual task can be assigned to the appropriate project. Tasks can be assigned due dates and I can view my tasks for the day or get a broader view of the next seven days. By moving up to the Premium version I also gained the ability to add comments, subgroups, and activities. Each task can be assigned a priority to help identify the tasks that are most critical. Todoist was easy to learn. I also liked being able to have a list of tasks for the day sent to my email each morning.

Cons

Comments were not available in the free version. The subgroups option was not available when I first started using it.