Todoist

4.6 (1,727)
To-do list & task management software for handling projects

(1,727)
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.4/5

Victória
  • Industry: Human Resources

Those who cannot remember, MAKE A LIST!

Reviewed on 21/9/2022

My experience with Todoist has been the best. I have tried tons of other apps in the past and this one has many features that makes it worth the try.

Pros

This app is my second brain. I usually forget some tasks and with this app I can take notes and add to-do tasks pretty quickly using my phone.

Cons

The free version has a lot of restrictions.

Saloni
  • Industry: Research
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

If you use windows — go for it!

Reviewed on 3/9/2022

I would have gone forward with Todoist if I was only using windows and android. But the fact that it does not utilise some of the very distinctive functionalities that task managers on apple OS can was a big kill for me.

Pros

It could be used across various devices and operating systems. Also, the user guides for project management are exceptionally good! There’s a wide range of project templates that the company offers.

Cons

It does not integrate well with the apple ecosystem as other task managers such as Omnifocus and Things 3 do. I would have liked a drag and drop option for email in this task manager. I would have also liked to have my calendar integrated in the day view and not in a separate tab. The interface could have been more minimalistic.

Sarah

A Great Way to Keep Yourself Organized and Productive

Reviewed on 9/6/2022

It has a lot of wiggle room. Jobs may be broken down into smaller tasks, and each task can be scheduled. Custom categories can be created by you. On the go, there's an app to keep track of things. Has access to a wide range of equipment. And you'll get daily email reminders, with a lot of encouragement, as well.

Pros

Todoist is a simple task management tool. Todoist may be accessed from a variety of devices. There are two ways to access it: online and on the go. User satisfaction will be enhanced by the fact that data is synchronized and may be modified simply. Managing task lists is a breeze because to the user-friendly layout, which makes it easy to find the most important features. It is possible to prioritize activities in Todoist, as well as add comments to each job and estimate the amount of time it will take to finish it.

Cons

You have to keep going and be aggressive in order to succeed. A to-do list might start to feel like simply another thing to check off your list if you aren't actively interested in it. That's not Todoist's fault, though. But if you're serious about utilizing it, you'll need to put in the time and effort.

Ed
  • Industry: Music

An invaluable tool

Reviewed on 23/8/2022

Todoist allows me to create a template for weekly recurring tasks in my work, to assign dates to time-driven tasks, to limit my view to only tasks in a certain category, and generally excels at all I need from a task manager.

Pros

Todoist has proven to be the best task manager I've found. Having tried many others, Todoist is the first one that has had staying power for me. I continue to use it daily and can't imagine a better solution to my needs. I continue to learn new features the app offers and am always impressed with how richly featured the app is.

Cons

None come to mind. I've been able to achieve anything I needed to within the software.

Microsoft OneNote and Things

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

I have found Todoist to be the most intuitive of all the task managers I've tried, and I have yet to max out its potential for my work.
Betsy
  • Industry: Photography

Great to do list. I recommend!

Reviewed on 5/8/2022

I love it. I recommended it to a friend too.

Pros

it's intuitive. It's not overly technical. It's easy to continue using. It integrates with google mail (chrome extension)

Cons

You have to have an internet connection for the desktop version to work.

Microsoft OneNote, Remember The Milk and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Much more user friendly, intuitive and easy to use. I was willing to pay the annual fee -- it's that good.

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

I liked the interface, how it works, and the app on the phone best.
Samantha Louise

The Best Task Scheduler is Todoist!

Reviewed on 8/8/2022

Overall, Todoist is highly recommendable for students, like me, who experience difficulty in prioritizing tasks every day. This is simply the best!

Pros

What I like about Todoist the most is that I can categorize my tasks in terms of importance, urgency, and types. I love that the software allows me to prioritize the most important tasks.

Cons

What I like least about Todoist are the reminders. Although I understand that reminders are helpful in keeping track of the tasks, they sometimes get repetitive.

Catch What You Need To Do

Reviewed on 15/8/2022

I have basic projects to complete everyday and everyweek such as courses, exams and studies. I complete and folllow them on Todoist. Whenever I need to make my tasks, I remember it via Todoist. I use recurring tasks for my daily tasks. When I type "everyday" on task, it make it recurring for everyday.

Pros

I like project and label features. I divide my tasks to projects, projects to parts and labeled them.
I like the reminder feature. I like its compability with mobile and PC, and their apps. I like its ability to recognize commands.

Cons

Its Windows app could be nicer. IOS app is faster. It has lack of user-customized views.

Davide
  • Industry: Newspapers

Great tool, if slightly expensive

Reviewed on 12/9/2022

I used todoist happily for a few months, and it worked great and never let me down. Setting it up to suit my needs and progressively tweaking it has been easy and the feature set is impressive. In the end however I preferred another product, not because of discontent but because the other one fit better my needs in the long run and was cheaper without losing any function useful for my use case

Pros

Todoist is a software with a complete feature set, easy to setup and use but at the same very powerful without being overwhelming. One of the very best features is that it is cross platform.

Cons

Pricing seems a bit too steep considering the alternatives, at the same time it’s a very complete software. If you need many of the advanced features, and don’t have the need for too many pro users, it’s great. If you don’t, there maybe something cheaper that might suit your needs as well.

Things
Brandy

Easy 2 use 2 manage task

Reviewed on 5/9/2022

Pros

It's easy to use and will give you tips for using it you can track different tasks set reminders it has a calendar you can also view your task by certain categories it's great for task management it makes different tasks for different times and you can set that up like test that you do constantly or every week or something you can set up different templates for them and you can set times for each task you can also share your list and use them on different devices you can add people to your task or list and communicate with them you can also use a widget to add test to the app which is great and you can do the free version

Cons

Where the free version you are limited limited to how many tasks you can do at once and how many people you can add to each task at once and once you check a task off it's gone there's no retrieving it so you want to make sure that you really want to check it out before you do

Arturo

Your ideal project assistant for you or your team

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

The concept of Todoist is not just to write down reminders and that's all, for that we have the notes app that gives us the same phone, but what they try to do is to have this continuous tracking to help you complete your goals, pending tasks that you need to do in your daily life. Also being able to work collaboratively on hundreds of projects that the app offers you, is something to talk about, as it helps your organization to always be effective and be able to keep track of what we have not done, and what we have done as a team.

Pros

I loved the ease of this software to be able to tell you and guide you through all the functions that Todoist has, since being able to create projects and pending tasks for the day, for the week, or the weekend is too easy because the app feels very dynamic and even satisfies you every time you meet a pending goal.
In terms of price, it is extremely economical, since you have 300 active projects that are for more "pro" people as the platform would say since it offers collaborative work in the same way and has these frequent reminders so you never forget or miss something or pending goal. And of course, you have an automatic backup at any time.

Cons

It may be because of the limited functions that you get when using the free plan since they only give you 5 active projects and you don't have reminders, you do have them but you get them by your email, instead of in the pro you have more customization in all this topic. But being frank, for that person who does not have so many pending in the day today, it is perfect because you do not ask for more and the app is excellent.

Notion
Rikaz
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

An essential organization tool for self and teams!

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Todoist has been a pleasure to use and I can't recommend it enough especially as a starting app for your teams.

Pros

Todoist has multiple features which make it easy to use.

The mobile app is minimal in design and easy to navigate. Setting up a task and sub-tasks, adding members, communicating with the team, & managing projects is just so easy. On Android there is even a widget to directly add tasks to the app.

The web app is equally up to the task of it's Android cousin having nearly all the features of the Android App.

Cons

Being a freemium service, Todoist requires users to pay for their premium services as well as being limited to 5 active projects, 5 collaborators per project, & 5 MB file uploads in the free version.

Any.do

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Todoist user interface was easier to use.

Any.do

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Todoist takes the lead due to it's ease of use and better user interfaces.

The Task Manager you'll actually want to use

Reviewed on 14/4/2022

My overall experience with Todoist is great. In search of more complex features, I tried many other alternatives, but in the end I found myself always coming back here. Its ease and pleasantness of use are something I cannot do without.

Pros

I have tried tons of project management and task management solutions but this is by far my favorite.
The interface is clear and simple to use, always responsive and reliable.
My favorite feature? The automatic recognition of the task information from the entered text. This is literally the feature I want in every other project management platform and the one that always keeps me coming back to Todoist. The simplicity with which I can write "Do this tomorrow at 12:00 #projectname @label" and the system automatically puts everything in its place ... I can't help it.

Cons

Although Todoist's greatest strength is its ease of use, in the professional world sometimes you feel the need for a few more features. A more granural sharing system, multi-step activity status management, different views for the activity list, gantt charts, etc.).
There are many things that could be added and that many other more complete project management platforms offer.

monday.com, ClickUp and Wrike

Better overall User Experience
Rob

Todoist - An Excellent Task Manager

Reviewed on 22/2/2022

On the whole I have found Todoist to be an excellent help. It allows me to check in and see what's on my schedule when I'm away from all of my other devices and it's helped me to keep track of all of my tasks and events.

Pros

I really like Todoist because the interface is simple, yet powerful. Once you get used to it, there are so many things you can do with it.

For example, I use a lot of filters to view only the tasks that are relevant to me at any given moment. For instance, I have a "Today" filter that shows all my tasks for today, and I have a "Starred" filter that shows all my tasks that I am currently excited about and don't want to lose track of.

I love having the big picture of all my goals while still being able to focus on one individual task at time.

Cons

Todoist is one of the most popular to-do list apps, but there are a couple of things that Todoist could do better.

First, Todoist doesn’t have proper “subtasks” like Wunderlist does. You can nest tasks inside projects in Todoist, but they don’t roll up into the parent task—it’s just a way to visually organize your tasks. If you want subtasks in Todoist, you have to create regular tasks and add them as dependencies to the main task, so you see them in your Today view or as Overdue.

Second, Todoist doesn’t have a way to assign due dates to subtasks—you can only set a single due date for the entire project. If you assign dates to the subtasks themselves (which get hidden in the project view), they don’t show up in your calendar view and there’s no way to roll them up into the parent task.

Ami

Perfect Your Productivity With Todoist, Not Your Trello Board

Reviewed on 21/2/2022

I've used them all. From AirTable to ClickUp. From Asana to Trello. I liked them all for two weeks, and then I got lost in the formulas. I desperately just wanted something that looked like a to-do list.

I'm fairly tech-savvy. I'm used to Excel spreadsheets, and I enjoy automation. But when it comes to project management, I found that I was spending more time sorting out my Trello boards (or any other board) to be presentable, set up automations, and generally maintain it, than actually getting work done.

I'm a copywriter, and my business revolves around creating copy for clients. As such, time management is a massive part of what I do. So, I needed to find something that was simple, presented clearly, and easily edited.

Then I found todoist. It's brilliantly straightforward. You need to set up different 'workspaces', but it's literally just different lists. I use a different list for different clients. They can see only their list, and no one else's. Then, click the + button to add tasks. You can add subtasks, too, which is super useful.

I personally LOVE the noise it makes when you cross off one of your tasks. A super pleasing 'click' like noise. You can set daily goals of the number of tasks you want to complete, too, which is good for productivity.

Overall, Todoist has a really simple design, and an even simpler user-experience. But that's why I love it so much.

Pros

I love how straightforward Todoist is to use. The design is clean and clear, and everything about it is just as simple. I was fed up with the complex formulas of other project management software.
I'm a massive fan of the subtasks feature. You can create smaller tasks underneath a bigger task, which, as a copywriter, is very useful. I can pop in tasks like 'Competitor Research', and then place subtasks under this that help me finalize the task.

I also love that you can set notifications as deadlines. It's almost like an alarm that pings when you need to get something done. You can customize it, too, to send you reminders a certain number of days ahead of time. That helps your productivity massively.

You can also add on clients to your lists, so they can monitor the progress that has been made.

Cons

There are no massive negatives to this software. There are areas they could grow. AirTable, for example, has automations that you can set up. So, if a task has been completed, an automatic email (which you can customize) is sent to the client informing them a task has been completed. If Todoist wanted to do something like that, I think it's important for them to remember that their appeal is simplicity, so it would need to be consistent with that.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Trailblazer

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

I really liked it. Todoist works exceptionally well, smooth like butter and does not get in the way of organizing your life. The minimalist design language was one of the first of its kind back when they first started out as an online-only service. In the meantime they have introduced native apps for all major platforms. Expect this to just work, and work well. Tags are an especially useful future as are priorities. This helps you see with a glance (or using a filtering function) what is relevant or important. Todoist is great if you want to adhere to the GTD philosophy or if you want to create your own customized system to manage your tasks. I have not used the collaborative function but would expect it to work well too.

Pros

Todoist has keyboard shortcuts down. That makes it easy and fast to navigate once you are familiar with it. Quick entry is easy and fast. The app gives you lots of ways to slice and dice your todo list, such as favorites, different priority levels and lables. Different views, such as a Kanban type of board can help organize and manage your task list. One thing that makes Todoist especially easy to use is that you can add tasks by email, you can add attachements (the word doc you need to read is right there).

Cons

I am not a fan of subscription services. The free version is great to test the service but too limited to use as daily driver. If you are ok with paying a monthly fee, then the 4$/month (3$ if you pay for the whole year upfront) is a reasonable ask. This and the sheer number of functions steered me towards an alternative as I was looking for something simpler. In my experience, more features just meant more distractions from actually checking off items on my task list.

OmniFocus and Things

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

In the end I chose an alternative to Todoist, as I am no fan of subscription services and rather pay once for a product, knowing I can use it as long as it still works with the OS I am using. But had it not been for that Todoist would have beat out Things by Cultured Code. The reason being that there are some more functionalities and the ease of use with keyboard on a computer is the best I know of.
Martha
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

You can do it with Todoist

Reviewed on 26/8/2021

I have been managing my daily tasks at personal and home level. My general testimony is that for every task I have for that day, if I have it on todoist, I know I'll do it.

Pros

The first thing that will capture your attention is the logo itself. The symbol of three white ticks in a red background gives an inner feeling of success amidst a dangerously busy day.
The app has both a free version and a paid version. The paid version is priced from $4 to $5 per person per month, which is reasonable.
When you open the app, you are welcome with the Bird's eye view of your week. You plan your tasks and fill them into the timeslots of your choice, so you can see how your week appears on the dashboard. This helps you to readjust your plans sensibly.
Todoist works perfectly well on almost all well-known platforms. You have all the assurance to find your data on every gadget you use, because everything is synched, making you less likely to forget a thing.
Todoist can also work flawlessly on your device without a data connection and still sync everything when you are back online.
You'll find Todoist most suitable for personal routine or daily quick plans and tasks. You can share tasks with family members and set reminders at intervals of your choice.
The app can be integrated with various productivity applications like Google calendar, Jira, Slack, zendesk, Gmail, Outlook, Teams Zapier, etc.
I also like the swiftness and the AI applied in Todoist. As you type your task in the text box, the app automatically detects time and date in your sentence and accurately sets a reminder at that specific date and time.

Cons

I have not experienced any problem with the application so far. I would have said it here. If I am to compare with other apps under the same category, I am sure I was going to have complaints.

Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment

Get organized with Todoist

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

I need a simple software that i can relied on to managing my days, and Todoist is the best option for that objective. It can be connected or integrated with Google Assistant which will remind me of my event on my calendar with it voice.

Pros

The best thing that i really like is it can be access from various device and no need to install the software into the device. I use it as my organizer to schedule, remind and organized all my daily task and to-do list, either for my work task or for my personal task. It is not packed with feature like other project management software, but still can get the work done.

Cons

It lacked of feature that i need and sometimes it is quite frustrating and i have to using other software to get it done. Other than that, It is very helpful in reminding and scheduling my day and not too expensive to subscribing its premium plan.

Zeynel
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

One of the sofware I wish I had been used before

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

I use Todoist for almost anything in my life. From managing complex project to editing watching, reading shopping list, to scheduling my workout plan to tracking my monthly progress and so on. I also use this software as a bookmark tool for something I need to watch, read or write later. It is like part of my life.

Pros

* It provides almost anything you expect from a productivity app.
* Not only does it help you to create or manage your task but it also motivate you with its feature of karma level.
* The feature of 2 way sync with Google Calendar is great. I can easily schedule my task and plan my day in a calendar, without even have to open Todoist. Being able to create new sub-calendar in your calendar for each project in Todoist, is even better.
* You can create sub-tasks in sub-task in a subs-task and so on. Moreover, for each sub-task, you can add due date, notes. And this feature is really precious while you working on complex project.
* Sorting and grouping features make task management more effective.
* There are shortcuts for almost all stuff. Just typing with keyboard, you can add task, set the due date and priority level and move it to any project. That makes editing projects even faster.
* There are board and list view options. It is really helpful while dealing with different types of projects.
* There are well-organized templates to create a project faster.
* You can create so many project and easily edit, sort, or group them.
* Scheduling options are more than enough. It is so powerful editing recurring tasks.
* Maybe some of the features require payment but I can't complain about it because it is not so expensive and it is effective enough without it premium feature.

Cons

* Although its 2-way sync with Calendars is really powerful, it would better if there was a calendar view option.
* Sometimes, there may be a sync problems with Calendar apps.
* I used to monitor multi-project in one screen. But I cannot do it anymore, after the new updates.
* There could be habit tracker option for recurring tasks .

Alexandra

Using todoist since student’s years

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

I have been using Todoist for a few years now.it makes my time management easier and more open to possible changes.I also greatly appreciated my last year’s statistics of use, which arrived at the beginning of this year.

Pros

Allowance to plan far into the future is surely a great advantage of this software. Just as possibility of prioritization is, with possibilities to diferentiate with colours.
A great advantage of this software is tha I can use it all over my devices, my phone, macook, iwatch and ipad. That is also why i decided to try it out, as there are only few time-management softwares available on apple watch.

Another great thing is that it allowed me to play freely even without paid subscription. I appreciated this a lot during my studenťs period of life.
I use Todoist every day.it is helpful for both my personal and work life.

Cons

Its unchangable colorful scheme. The red is somehow agressive, combined with contrastive white. Would surely appreciate to be able to change colours:)

Even though it is great to plan some tasks in Todoist, I am unable to track my project development.I would surely appreciate a update Which would allow me to maybe create an individual calendar, in which I would plan on my doing of the project separately from other tasks. It is tiring to be using another software for this, when could there be only one.

Another detail which I noticed at the beginning is a little bit unfriendly interface of Todoist. that is why I would not recommend Todoist to my older colleagues.there are many hidden functions, which I keep on discovering, which I would like to had known before, so that they could have been put to good use.

Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Todoist is a powerful, intuitive to-do list application with many features & only a few flaws

Reviewed on 10/1/2021

Overall, Todoist has been a life-saver, allowing me to simplify my work life and organize the numerous projects & tasks I have to juggle. While it can be complicated at times and lacks certain features I would love to see, it is the best project management app I've ever used, and I would sorely miss it if Todoist were to be shut down.

Pros

Todoist has simplified my work life - helping to organize all my tasks, projects, and meetings in a simple way that ensures no project is missed. While there is a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to best utilize & organize the platform, the simplicity of it's core features makes it easy for anyone to pick up and use. You are able to hop on their website or app and add a task in an instant; with the ability to schedule the due date, priority, and set it up in a specific project very quickly using their shortcuts. With their team collaboration features, you are also able to assign specific tasks to specific people, allowing for quick and ease collaboration and project management. Plus, Todoist offers numerous templates that help facilitate setup, and a very simple "Karma" rewards system that helps encourage use (and helps make you feel accomplished).

Cons

Todoist offers numerous systems, but unfortunately it can be a bit of a learning curve to learn all the shortcuts (especially when they change periodically) and an effective way to organize the projects & tags. As well, while they offer simple ways to import their templates and allow you to export templates of your own, they don't offer a simple cloud storage solution for those templates - so to load an exported template, you need to download it, keep it, and reupload it when needed. Lastly, they lack the ability to setup certain types of tasks; such as a task with subtasks that all repeat weekly - currently you can schedule them all to happen each week, but the subtasks end up getting listed as full tasks on the due date.

Any.do and Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Todoists simplicity & features set it apart above the rest
Souhil
  • Industry: Design

The Best To Do List Tool for Everyone

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It helped me to save a lot of time and stay focused on what's important because now I know what I have to do daily and everything is saved in the app.
I tried a lot of To-Do List apps and after trying Todoist I can say I finally found what I'm looking for and I'm really happy with it and I will recommend it to anyone who needs a To-Do List app.

Pros

I love it because It's Free and easy to use and I like the clean user interface because It's user friendly and everyone can get used to it in a few minutes also, I like the dark theme option.
I like the Productivity tracking feature because now I can see all the completed tasks and I can set daily and weekly goals.
The clean UI is amazing and without any complicated stuff, you can add projects, labels, and filters with just a few clicks.
The mobile app for me is the best because it has all the features and it's very easy and with a clean and simple user interface.
I can sort my Tasks by priority, project, name or by date, or even by the assignee.
I like the Inbox because I can write my ideas or any general tasks and things I need to do and things I don't need to create a project for them.
Today and Upcoming section are great because I see just what I need to do for example today and I really don't need to worry about tomorrow's tasks...etc.and this gives me the motivation I need to start working and finishing my daily tasks.
I like the cards and how easy I can move them between the sections and also, I like the sub-tasks option because it helped me to stay organized.
I like the Emails I get and this is a cool way to remind me if I missed a task or something.
I can schedule any task using their calendar option and I can have like one week or one month calendar.
There is a lot of helpful YouTube videos about this tool and I learned a lot from them.

Cons

They can add a note-taking option for us because sometimes we need to take quick notes.
They can add a built-in Emoji feature to add some fun and cool stuff to our Lists and Projects.
They can add more helpful features for us in the near future.

Yoana

Works really well until I had too many tasks and then...overwhelm!

Reviewed on 27/8/2020

I really like the interace and ease of use, it's one of my favorite apps in terms of the UI. It's a really quick setup, the fonts are clean and easy to read, the tags and projects are colored nicely, it just wasn't the app that helped me actually get things done.

Pros

While I was using this software, I really liked the sleek and modern interface to add new tasks. It was quick, easy, and the UI was awesome. I wish all task management apps had an UI like Todoist. The tagging feature was also super quick to add, which saves me time adding tasks.

The feature to reschedule tasks I didn't do based on the load for my week was good, not as good as Skedpal (which is why I switched) but better than I've seen in other task managemetn apps I've tried and used.

I also really liked the minimalism of the screen, I never felt that it was too clunky or too many options being displayed at once and overwhelming me.

Cons

The reason I switched is because I had so many tasks added in I became overwhelmed. This isn't necessarily the apps fault, I should add time in my calendar to do a weekly review, etc... but it just wasn't happening. I switched to SkedPal because it schedules the tasks for me on my calendar, ensuring I get them done. With ToDoist, if something didn't get done, I would have an overdue task, and then need to schedule it into my calendar myself and spend time figuring out what time slot, etc..., then go back to Todoist if the time didn't work out, etc... it wasn't flexible enough to auto schedule and place it on my calendar with the option to roll over to the next day if not completed. (At least at the time that I used it). If it's not on my calendar, it doesn't get done because other things will fill my calendar and then I'm out of time and my Todoist tasks are not completed.

Nigel

Get things done in style!

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

I have become a ToDoist advocate and highly promote ToDoist to everyone I work with. My clients have now started to share projects with me and 1:1 collaboration is in place with as many team members that I need to work with.

Pros

ToDoist has been amazing! It's so simple to create shared projects and collaborate in tasks. Start by getting your team together to offload all the clutter from their minds and organise this into manageable workflows.
ToDoist has been great in reducing email, converse more in person and use the comment feature to communicate on each individual task.

Cons

I can't find any faults with it in all the years I've been using it. It's amazing!

Things

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Wunderlist back in the day just wasn't anywhere near the features that ToDoist had. The future of Wunderlist was always pretty shaky and I'm so glad I chose ToDoist. The latest news that Wunderlist is moving to Microsoft ToDo in May 2020 has also reinforced in my opinion that ToDoist is by far the best at what it does.

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

ToDoist was more scaleable when working with larger teams. The overall cost per user per year made it affordable and in many cases lots of collaborators manage perfectly well with the free model whilst sharing projects with my paid subscription.
Faith
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Keeps Us Organized and On Task

Reviewed on 17/1/2020

Todoist has been a game-changer for us. Its ease of use and interactive feedback helps us stay focused and achieve goals. They continue to work to improve it and a recent update has made using the app even easier. We are never without it when on-site or in the workroom.

Pros

We are theatre costumers who costume 12-14 shows a year. We use Todoist to keep track of all actors and their various costumes needed and the tasks required to complete those costumes. We love how easy it is to add new tasks to an existing one and how flexible each task can be. We can add a due date, assign a team member, and use labels to let us know what needs to be done or where it needs to be retrieved or bought from. It celebrates your productivity and emails you if a task is overdue as well as a report of how you did for the week. We can always tell if we did not use Todoist as faithfully as we should have during a project and in meetings the response to "How do we stay on task and organized?" is always "Remember to update and use Todoist!"

Cons

There is a 300 task limit to every project and we can easily hit that when we are first starting out and getting everything laid out for a show. It would also be nice to add an entire team to a project instead of individuals one at a time.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Producteev's setup was a bit clunky. We didn't dislike it, but it was not incredibly intuitive to use when it came to our needs so we decided to shop around and see if there was something we liked better.

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Basecamp was too expensive for our small operation. Todoist, while not having all of the features we loved about Basecamp, was still easy to use, organize, and its price range was within our budget.
Steve
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The to-do app I've actually stuck with for a long time

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

It's superb for always being ready to go. I really love the Android widget that always sits on my home screen right next to my calendar and weather. It shows my task list for the day and I have no excuse for not knowing what needs doing.

Pros

I have used Todoist for almost 3 years now and it's the one to-do product that I seem to be able to stick with. I went through a variety of to-do-list managers before this, but somehow because of the wide range of platforms that it supports, including a browser extension, a native Windows app, mobile apps, and a native Mac app, Todoist meets my needs really well. So I guess the feature I like the most is it's ubiquity and speed--it's always close at hand. It can even be the default to-do manager on an Alexa device, which is really nice because you don't have to say "open Todoist" or something like that.

Cons

The free version is really limited. I had the paid version for quite a while and then switched back, but miss a few of the paid features. Even simple things like seeing completed to-dos aren't available unless you pay, so consider the free tier to be VERY limited.