Todoist

4.6 (2,373)
To-do list & task management software for handling projects

(2,373)

Steve
Steve
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The to-do app I've actually stuck with for a long time

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

It's superb for always being ready to go. I really love the Android widget that always sits on my home screen right next to my calendar and weather. It shows my task list for the day and I have no excuse for not knowing what needs doing.

Pros

I have used Todoist for almost 3 years now and it's the one to-do product that I seem to be able to stick with. I went through a variety of to-do-list managers before this, but somehow because of the wide range of platforms that it supports, including a browser extension, a native Windows app, mobile apps, and a native Mac app, Todoist meets my needs really well. So I guess the feature I like the most is it's ubiquity and speed--it's always close at hand. It can even be the default to-do manager on an Alexa device, which is really nice because you don't have to say "open Todoist" or something like that.

Cons

The free version is really limited. I had the paid version for quite a while and then switched back, but miss a few of the paid features. Even simple things like seeing completed to-dos aren't available unless you pay, so consider the free tier to be VERY limited.

Sarah
Sarah

A Great Way to Keep Yourself Organized and Productive

Reviewed on 9/6/2022

It has a lot of wiggle room. Jobs may be broken down into smaller tasks, and each task can be scheduled. Custom categories can be created by you. On the go, there's an app to keep track of things. Has access to a wide range of equipment. And you'll get daily email reminders, with a lot of encouragement, as well.

Pros

Todoist is a simple task management tool. Todoist may be accessed from a variety of devices. There are two ways to access it: online and on the go. User satisfaction will be enhanced by the fact that data is synchronized and may be modified simply. Managing task lists is a breeze because to the user-friendly layout, which makes it easy to find the most important features. It is possible to prioritize activities in Todoist, as well as add comments to each job and estimate the amount of time it will take to finish it.

Cons

You have to keep going and be aggressive in order to succeed. A to-do list might start to feel like simply another thing to check off your list if you aren't actively interested in it. That's not Todoist's fault, though. But if you're serious about utilizing it, you'll need to put in the time and effort.

Maisarah
Maisarah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Todoist is the best for To-do-list

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

This software has really helping me to coordinate my time, task and schedule in central hub. The integration with other service like outlook and Zoho Notebook is giving more value to this software. Overall,I really like this software.

Pros

Todoist has really improve my effectiveness in managing my to-do-list and recurring daily task in my schedule. Its board and card layout is easy to drag around and i really like this style of task management because it is easy to see my overall task.

Cons

There are not much feature and tools that i can use to build a more complex or project with detailed resource. Todoist will constantly sending me a notification for unfinished task and sometimes it is a distraction that i don't need.

Elvis
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Get your to-dos sorted by Todoist.

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

For the past 4 years, i have had the most amazing experience using Todoist. The product is easy to use and it makes it easy for me to access my to-dos anytime from anywhere. This allows me to plan both the onsite duties and the remote ones.

Pros

With Todoist, am very accurate at my daily work since it keeps me aware of my to-dos at all times such that i get to do a task at the right time and moment. It has an easy to interact and engage with user interface which allows me to access all my work plans easily and from anywhere. The automations are really making my information entry very simple since i just have to feed in some basic details and it gets the rest of the planning, sorting and prioritizing done for me.

Cons

I find Todoist very cheap and well suited to solve my work organization needs. I have nothing against it at all.

Maszni
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment

Get organized with Todoist

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

I need a simple software that i can relied on to managing my days, and Todoist is the best option for that objective. It can be connected or integrated with Google Assistant which will remind me of my event on my calendar with it voice.

Pros

The best thing that i really like is it can be access from various device and no need to install the software into the device. I use it as my organizer to schedule, remind and organized all my daily task and to-do list, either for my work task or for my personal task. It is not packed with feature like other project management software, but still can get the work done.

Cons

It lacked of feature that i need and sometimes it is quite frustrating and i have to using other software to get it done. Other than that, It is very helpful in reminding and scheduling my day and not too expensive to subscribing its premium plan.

Darien
Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Todoist is a powerful, intuitive to-do list application with many features & only a few flaws

Reviewed on 10/1/2021

Overall, Todoist has been a life-saver, allowing me to simplify my work life and organize the numerous projects & tasks I have to juggle. While it can be complicated at times and lacks certain features I would love to see, it is the best project management app I've ever used, and I would sorely miss it if Todoist were to be shut down.

Pros

Todoist has simplified my work life - helping to organize all my tasks, projects, and meetings in a simple way that ensures no project is missed. While there is a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to best utilize & organize the platform, the simplicity of it's core features makes it easy for anyone to pick up and use. You are able to hop on their website or app and add a task in an instant; with the ability to schedule the due date, priority, and set it up in a specific project very quickly using their shortcuts. With their team collaboration features, you are also able to assign specific tasks to specific people, allowing for quick and ease collaboration and project management. Plus, Todoist offers numerous templates that help facilitate setup, and a very simple "Karma" rewards system that helps encourage use (and helps make you feel accomplished).

Cons

Todoist offers numerous systems, but unfortunately it can be a bit of a learning curve to learn all the shortcuts (especially when they change periodically) and an effective way to organize the projects & tags. As well, while they offer simple ways to import their templates and allow you to export templates of your own, they don't offer a simple cloud storage solution for those templates - so to load an exported template, you need to download it, keep it, and reupload it when needed. Lastly, they lack the ability to setup certain types of tasks; such as a task with subtasks that all repeat weekly - currently you can schedule them all to happen each week, but the subtasks end up getting listed as full tasks on the due date.

Any.do and Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Todoists simplicity & features set it apart above the rest
Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

There are a lot of to do list and organization apps out there. Todoist is one of the best!

Reviewed on 5/6/2019

Todoist Premium is a daily driver for me. I use to set and receive automated reminders for tasks, events, and more. I hate paying for the premium cost but in the end I can justify it because I literally use it everyday. I even use it with Google Home around the house to save things to grocery lists and add things I need to get done.

Pros

What I like most about Todoist is that it's integrated everywhere. Mac, Windows, Android, IOS, Wear OS, Google Home, Alexa... the list goes on and on. With automated features, smart dates, free and premium versions, projects, and other organizational tools you get many ways to stay on top of things.

Cons

- Free version vs Premium version differences for power users vary (for example you don't get geo location reminders w/ free version)
- If you have tons of projects and lists, things can start looking a bit wild

Microsoft To Do and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Geo location reminders and platform accessibility. I mean, it's on or interfaces with most of the services I use. So it was the easiest and most obvious choose to help me stay organized.
Syamir
Syamir

Best software to manage daily task

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Todoist is the best software that I has use to managing our team daily task. The calendar let us to planning and add time frame projection for the project, which let us plan for our weekly and monthly project planning. We has a very good experience adding this software on our software collection.

Pros

Todoist is capable to planning and managing my team daily task, whether it is a simple and easy task, or big and complex task. The project management tools that this software provided can handle any project smoothly and let us to communicate on the platform using the build-in chat platform and effectively connected with each other.

Cons

I don't like the pricing structure that they offer, there are no lower plan for basic feature as we are not using all the feature that are bundled on the pricing plan. Other than that, there are limited option in service or software that we can integrate with Todoist that i want to link, such as Jira and Evernote.

Peter Anthony
Peter Anthony

Great functionality but too many free alternatives

Reviewed on 2/9/2019

Quite good, but with so many apps going to a subscription they were all adding up and I wondered if Todoist should be where i put money every month.

Pros

When i first saw Todoist the ios app interface was what got me. Swiping to get to what you wanted was at the time quite attractive and useful, and the idea of being able to use natural language to schedule was also new.

Cons

It was overkill for me. I did not need to assign tasks and many of the features i did not use.

Trello

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Seemed to be an easier app to use.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

I tried Trello as well but preferred the all text interface. It better suited how my mind works.
Brook
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

I enjoy how Todoist streamlines task management

Reviewed on 20/4/2023

Facilitating my ability to stay on top of my workload and meet my deadlines. It's simple to use, makes you more efficient, and encourages the development of good routines for getting things done.

Pros

Todoist is great since it has helped me stay on top of my to-do list. One of the things I like best about this software is how user-friendly it is. The app's seamless synchronization with Windows is incredible. Concise and useful.

Cons

These are all just jokes. For instance, while in filter mode, you won't be able to alter the appearance of certain of the available views. This is a minor issue at best, but it could be good. There's nothing of value to me here.

Faith
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Keeps Us Organized and On Task

Reviewed on 17/1/2020

Todoist has been a game-changer for us. Its ease of use and interactive feedback helps us stay focused and achieve goals. They continue to work to improve it and a recent update has made using the app even easier. We are never without it when on-site or in the workroom.

Pros

We are theatre costumers who costume 12-14 shows a year. We use Todoist to keep track of all actors and their various costumes needed and the tasks required to complete those costumes. We love how easy it is to add new tasks to an existing one and how flexible each task can be. We can add a due date, assign a team member, and use labels to let us know what needs to be done or where it needs to be retrieved or bought from. It celebrates your productivity and emails you if a task is overdue as well as a report of how you did for the week. We can always tell if we did not use Todoist as faithfully as we should have during a project and in meetings the response to "How do we stay on task and organized?" is always "Remember to update and use Todoist!"

Cons

There is a 300 task limit to every project and we can easily hit that when we are first starting out and getting everything laid out for a show. It would also be nice to add an entire team to a project instead of individuals one at a time.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Producteev's setup was a bit clunky. We didn't dislike it, but it was not incredibly intuitive to use when it came to our needs so we decided to shop around and see if there was something we liked better.

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Basecamp was too expensive for our small operation. Todoist, while not having all of the features we loved about Basecamp, was still easy to use, organize, and its price range was within our budget.
Tim

The best task manager I've used; and it keeps getting better

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Really good. I liked it at the start. And they continue to add more features.I can email tasks to my app. I can share sections of the app with others.

Pros

It is that rare combination of full-featured and SO easy to use.If you want to add a project, you go to the project list, right click, and choose "Add a Project."A dialogue shows up to let you add a task. You can type in "Turn in report Tues at 3 p.m." and you'll get task added that has a deadline right when you wanted. Or set up a board and track projects through stages. You can also set up sub projects and sub tasks for each task.It will tell you all the tasks due today, tomorrow, overdue, whatever timing you indicate.

Cons

You can't do dependencies. It's not great at telling you how long your project will take.You can schedule tasks way out in the future. But you can't rely on Todoist to add up the time of subtasks to tell you how long the entire task will take.

Darren
  • Industry: Media Production

Todoist is an amazing, simple and easy to use task manager.

Reviewed on 17/2/2023

Todoist is exceptional and works great for me.

Todoist is exceptional and works great for me.

Pros

The best thing about Todoist is is simplicity. It helps you in managing tasks without it becoming a task in itself like other more complex solutions.

Cons

If you are needing to manage large, highly complex projects across large teams Todoist may not be fort you. Additionally it is missing calendar integration so you can not view your day in one app.

ClickUp, Wrike and Asana

TickTick

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

For its simplicity and because it offered me everything I needed for a fraction of the cost.

Changed how I work & live

Reviewed on 14/5/2019

I use Todoist to manage just about everything I do, in the office and out. I've found it is particularly useful for breaking up lengthy task lists into day-to-day chunks of activity, as well as for creating plans for long-term work that needs to be picked at over time. With Todoist, I find myself much less likely to forget tasks that need doing, and to approach my work in an organized, methodical fashion.

Pros

No exaggeration, adopting Todoist as the app for tracking projects, chores, and other to-dos had a profound benefit to my productivity. The interface is fantastic, and integrations with IFTTT, Google Calendar, and heaps of other software makes it easy to automate the addition of tasks to your list or schedule.

The reminders, though, are what really changed the game for me. Being able to schedule reminders not only for particular dates and times, but for when you enter particular areas is an incredible benefit. For instance, it makes it easier remember to pick something up when you're physically at the store, or to check on the status of a project as soon as you arrive at work.

Finally, the karma and productivity streak systems, for those who like a little gamification, are nice tools for motivating yourself to stay on top of things.

Many of these features require or work best with a Premium subscription, which I endorse purchasing, but Todoist is also a great app as a free service. Try it out; you won't be disappointed.

Cons

The biggest issue I have with Todoist is that while the web and mobile applications are top-notch, the Windows 10 native app is missing features, particularly in regards to notifications. Sync is also inconsistent with that app. It's easy enough to get by without touching the native app, but I would love to see it fixed.

What Did I Do Before Todoist?

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

I've definitely seen myself become more productive with the integration of Todoist in my life. I've gotten in a good habit of writing tasks down in Todoist as they come so I'm not forgetting anything. I love that you can just easily have the list in front of you at all times to constantly remember what you have to do. The biggest thing has been the reoccurring tasks - I've been able to keep up with some tasks that can be menial and sometimes slip to the back burner on busy days. I love tracking my progress and really seeing how much I have improved with Todoist.

Pros

What I love about Todoist is how easy it is to organize all my to-dos and tasks for a day and where they fall on my list of priorities. I love being able to quickly jot things down as I'm running from meeting to meeting and integrate it into my Outlook so I get reminders if something slips. Having the option to make something occur weekly has also helped me remember things that sometimes I can let fall in the back of my mind. I've been able to track my progress on how well I've been doing and seeing the number of recurring tasks that I have kept after is so rewarding. As a visual person, I love the color coding to help with prioritizing. It also helps when you have multiple teams in Todoist, so you can assign them the tasks and they know which level of priority the tasks are. Overall, Todoist has changed the game in how I organize and get things done.

Cons

Sometimes I do experiences glitches with the Outlook plug in and the tasks don't always integrate with my calendar to update me. I also can get too many updates for my recurring tasks sometimes as well, which doesn't happen too often, but is still something that can throw me off through the weeks. Sometimes the templates available aren't always the most efficient for that area of work (i.e. the content calendar one is a little too simple and doesn't always organize the content super clearly). There aren't that many cons to Todoist in my opinion!

Souhil
Souhil
  • Industry: Design

The Best To Do List Tool for Everyone

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It helped me to save a lot of time and stay focused on what's important because now I know what I have to do daily and everything is saved in the app.
I tried a lot of To-Do List apps and after trying Todoist I can say I finally found what I'm looking for and I'm really happy with it and I will recommend it to anyone who needs a To-Do List app.

Pros

I love it because It's Free and easy to use and I like the clean user interface because It's user friendly and everyone can get used to it in a few minutes also, I like the dark theme option.
I like the Productivity tracking feature because now I can see all the completed tasks and I can set daily and weekly goals.
The clean UI is amazing and without any complicated stuff, you can add projects, labels, and filters with just a few clicks.
The mobile app for me is the best because it has all the features and it's very easy and with a clean and simple user interface.
I can sort my Tasks by priority, project, name or by date, or even by the assignee.
I like the Inbox because I can write my ideas or any general tasks and things I need to do and things I don't need to create a project for them.
Today and Upcoming section are great because I see just what I need to do for example today and I really don't need to worry about tomorrow's tasks...etc.and this gives me the motivation I need to start working and finishing my daily tasks.
I like the cards and how easy I can move them between the sections and also, I like the sub-tasks option because it helped me to stay organized.
I like the Emails I get and this is a cool way to remind me if I missed a task or something.
I can schedule any task using their calendar option and I can have like one week or one month calendar.
There is a lot of helpful YouTube videos about this tool and I learned a lot from them.

Cons

They can add a note-taking option for us because sometimes we need to take quick notes.
They can add a built-in Emoji feature to add some fun and cool stuff to our Lists and Projects.
They can add more helpful features for us in the near future.

Martha
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

You can do it with Todoist

Reviewed on 26/8/2021

I have been managing my daily tasks at personal and home level. My general testimony is that for every task I have for that day, if I have it on todoist, I know I'll do it.

Pros

The first thing that will capture your attention is the logo itself. The symbol of three white ticks in a red background gives an inner feeling of success amidst a dangerously busy day.
The app has both a free version and a paid version. The paid version is priced from $4 to $5 per person per month, which is reasonable.
When you open the app, you are welcome with the Bird's eye view of your week. You plan your tasks and fill them into the timeslots of your choice, so you can see how your week appears on the dashboard. This helps you to readjust your plans sensibly.
Todoist works perfectly well on almost all well-known platforms. You have all the assurance to find your data on every gadget you use, because everything is synched, making you less likely to forget a thing.
Todoist can also work flawlessly on your device without a data connection and still sync everything when you are back online.
You'll find Todoist most suitable for personal routine or daily quick plans and tasks. You can share tasks with family members and set reminders at intervals of your choice.
The app can be integrated with various productivity applications like Google calendar, Jira, Slack, zendesk, Gmail, Outlook, Teams Zapier, etc.
I also like the swiftness and the AI applied in Todoist. As you type your task in the text box, the app automatically detects time and date in your sentence and accurately sets a reminder at that specific date and time.

Cons

I have not experienced any problem with the application so far. I would have said it here. If I am to compare with other apps under the same category, I am sure I was going to have complaints.

Todoist - An Excellent Task Manager

Reviewed on 22/2/2022

On the whole I have found Todoist to be an excellent help. It allows me to check in and see what's on my schedule when I'm away from all of my other devices and it's helped me to keep track of all of my tasks and events.

Pros

I really like Todoist because the interface is simple, yet powerful. Once you get used to it, there are so many things you can do with it.

For example, I use a lot of filters to view only the tasks that are relevant to me at any given moment. For instance, I have a "Today" filter that shows all my tasks for today, and I have a "Starred" filter that shows all my tasks that I am currently excited about and don't want to lose track of.

I love having the big picture of all my goals while still being able to focus on one individual task at time.

Cons

Todoist is one of the most popular to-do list apps, but there are a couple of things that Todoist could do better.

First, Todoist doesn’t have proper “subtasks” like Wunderlist does. You can nest tasks inside projects in Todoist, but they don’t roll up into the parent task—it’s just a way to visually organize your tasks. If you want subtasks in Todoist, you have to create regular tasks and add them as dependencies to the main task, so you see them in your Today view or as Overdue.

Second, Todoist doesn’t have a way to assign due dates to subtasks—you can only set a single due date for the entire project. If you assign dates to the subtasks themselves (which get hidden in the project view), they don’t show up in your calendar view and there’s no way to roll them up into the parent task.

Richard
Richard

An elegant cross-platform project manager that works wonderfully for individuals and small...

Reviewed on 19/1/2018

I've used Todoist for over 4 years, and it helps me manage both my work and personal projects. I use it for everything from grocery lists to large software development projects, and it works great no matter how big the project gets.
The flexibility has made a huge difference. Over the years I've changed the way I work, and instead of having to go search for a new app, I can just change the labels and filters that I use to create a completely different workflow.
I love that I can access my tasks and projects on my computer, phone, tablet, and even directly within Gmail. This makes it a great place to capture things that I want to do later. It's helped me stay on top of things and succeed in school, work, and at home.

Pros

I enjoy the incredible language recognition that makes it easy to capture tasks, set due dates, priorities, organize tasks by project, and apply custom labels to tasks. It's very simple and easy to use, which is uncommon among professional project management apps.
It is easy to break projects into sub-projects, and use sub-tasks to help break big tasks into manageable pieces. This makes it a perfect fit for small businesses or teams.
It also has great collaboration features, such as sharing tasks with others, assigning tasks and sub-tasks to individuals, and attaching files and comments to tasks or projects.
Todoist has an app for every operating system, including browsers, phones, desktops, the web, and even smart watches. I personally love the Chrome browser extension and Gmail integration.
I love the custom filters, they are incredibly powerful and allow you to build your own workflows. I use filters and labels to organize my tasks by location, by priority, by the amount of time each task will take, and by due date.
Todoist integrates with many other products such as Google Calendar, DropBox, Google Drive, Slack, Google Assistant, and dozens more. Todoist works hard to be everywhere and integrate with everything, making it a really powerful tool.

Cons

Todoist only lets you view your tasks in list form. Most project planning tools give you a calendar view, a Kanban board view, or some other types of visualizations.
You also can't set due dates on projects themselves, and don't have a way to mark a project as completed. You can compensate for this by using sub-tasks instead, but it can get annoying at times.
The UI is very simple, and doesn't give you much control over themes. You can change the color of the title bar, but that's about it.

Joshua
  • Industry: Consumer Services

As both a business owner + someone with a busy personal life, Todoist helps keep me on track!

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

ToDoist has allowed me to keep track of my endless list of to-dos across both my business and personal life.

Pros

I've used several "To-Do" list apps in the past, but none of them have ever stuck, until ToDoist. What started as a way for me to keep track of work tasks quickly became my go-to app for keeping me honest with my never-ending list of to-dos both in business and personal life. The ability to create multiple to-do lists and share them with multiple (and unique) people sets us up for success and accountability. I also love being able to assign a task to somebody on the shared list and provide a due date for each individual task. I've also connected ToDoist to my Amazon Echo Dot, so I can ask support team to add items to my shopping list or tasks to my to-do list. When a task is completed and checked off by someone other than me, I love that I get a mobile push notification confirming that fact, in real time. Finally, having the app on my phone along with on my iMac makes for seamless use regardless of where I'm currently working. Overall, I've been very satisfied with ToDoist!

Cons

There are some quirks to the program, but nothing that turns me off from using it. For example, each list is considered a "Project" and each project can have sub-categories. When adding a new task to a project, you are not given the option of a sub-category. Therefore, the task defaults to the bottom of the list. You then have to scroll to the bottom and drag/drop the task under the sub-category you want it to be in. I sometimes accidentally drop it in a fashion that it creates a sub-sub-category and then I have to manually change everything in that sub-category back over. I also have not found value to the Productivity Score I am given on a daily basis, along with a lifetime score. I appreciate the psychological benefit of game-ifying your to-do list, but it's just not something I find necessary.

Bhavik

An Awesome Task and Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 30/11/2021

Pros

The best thing about Todoist is its simplicity. It's really easy to use and with a really simple and clean interface. It has all the basic features that a task management solution should have. Above that, it has some really useful features that helps in improving productivity. Reminders work as expected and it also has support for location specific reminders.

Cons

The one thing I would love for Todoist to improve is the sub task system. Subtasks are not really easy to use and can be improved. Also, it can add time tracking to become a one stop solution.

Any.do, Microsoft To Do and Notion

Google Keep

Easy to use and great feature to integrate emails in your to-do list

Reviewed on 19/6/2019

Pros

It integrates in your Google Chrome browser and also as a standalone app on your phone or computer. Best feature is that you can make an email in your Gmail a task into Todoist. And when on your computer, if you click on that task linked to the email, the email in Gmail will open up in full. It saves you a lot of searching time.

Cons

I wish they worked more on their reminder feature. I have been using the paid version so I could have the reminders ring on my phone. For some reason, I found that these reminders would disappear very easily from my phone without me even touching it and therefore I would end up missing items to do. Despite contacting tech support, I was not able to find a way to reminders work well for me, but this may be on me. Or maybe there are the tech support explanation was not good enough or maybe their reminders features are not strong enough. What I've been looking for is a nagging reminder that only disappears once you act upon it. I could not find how to do this - yet?

From 10 different task management apps to one! starstarstarstarstar

Reviewed on 26/7/2020

Pros

Task management and to do lists had always been a tedious chore for me. I've had to try and use way too many applications and plugins to keep track of my todo list and tasks. Then I found todoist, and most of my problems got sorted instantly. Todoist has a simple intuitive interface for adding new tasks and viewing tasks/project lists. But don't let that fool you, as it is super powerful and as detailed as you'd like it to be. Todoist also integrates with every other programme I use. The Outlook integration can turn my emails into tasks instantly, and the same can be done with Gmail. It also integrates with Google Chrome allowing me to add tasks on the go, whether I need to add a note about a website link to read later or even create a research project based on a published paper I found. I also enjoy using the geo-location reminder, especially when I am running errands around town, as todoist would immediately remind me to pick up the laundry or buy bread as I get closer to my favorite bakery.

Cons

Generally, there is nothing that I did not like about Todoist. However, after a few attempts with project managers to adapt them to use todoist as a simplified project manager app were met with failure, I realized that most PMs still prefer old clangy solutions over new simpler ones (the same issue was faced when trying to adopt basecamp internally).

Miguel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

The "TO DO" List for Overachievers

Reviewed on 21/3/2018

Todoist has evolved with some features since I first used it. I wanted a "To Do" list a while back to monitor and track certain projects and ideas. Instead of a stand alone "To Do" list I wanted something that allowed me to add others and use it as a shareable and collaborative tool. Todoist was able to do just that. And I find it easy to use, setup and work with. If you have ever used a "To Do" list, this will be second nature. I have not tried the Premium or Business levels, but from what I am able to see, they are also very powerful and useful, as long as you can operate your business or projects as "To Do" lists.

Pros

Todoist is a simple as it gets. It is a glorified "To Do" list with features that makes life easier. What makes Todoist superior to your average "To Do" list is its ability to group, categorize, and use filters. While these feature do exist in other basic "To Do" list, they do not have the same simple and intuitive interface of Todoist. And this is just the free version. Want to create "Projects" and track them as a "To Do" list, you can do it here... with ease. There are also many settings features and options, like import/export, sorting, and more. Want more power? Upgrade to Premium and get extras like labels, commenting and much more. Todoist also has Business accounts for all out collaboration among teams where projects can be managed via a "To Do" list format.

Cons

There are no cons I can see other than the somewhat tricky perception that features listed on the app while using the free version are actually part of premium. When using Todoist's free version, if you click on the visible links to add a filter or label, you are presented with a pop-up that tells you it is a premium version. Sort of a cross-sell there, which I often find a bit deceitful. But please, do not get me wrong. If such features are needed, it is worth the upgrade.

Michelle
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Simplify your life!

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

My overall experience has been so positive! I love the Projects Feature because it allows me to work on my school assignments that I have to complete with between 4 or 5 students so easily. The collaboration tools allow me and my fellow students to share notes and to-do lists on joint assignments with a breeze and it makes it clear who is assigned what portion and when it needs to be completed by.

Pros

I use Todoist for everything in my life that I need to keep track of. On a daily or weekly basis I track my school assignments, workout schedule, bills that are due as well as my son's online school assignments. If there is an important day coming up on that Calendar I make sure to jot it down in Todoist so when that day arrives I do not forget!

Another positive feature of Todoist is it allows you to neatly have one location where you can keep all of your bookmarks from browsing the internet. I like this a lot better than overloading my Bookmarks bar.

It has increased my productivity immensely and without it I know I would not get nearly half as much done. I begin each day creating my daily list of tasks and then check to see if I need to add anything for the upcoming week and then month. I order them by importance and that allows me to get done what needs to get done first.

Cons

I wish we could color code things better but that is such a minor complaint in an otherwise great software.