Odoo

3.9/5
3.7/5

Alián
Alián

Excellent ERP to manage your business operations

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

We used to use spreadsheets before switching to Odoo and the savings in time and effort, plus the accuracy of the information is the main value we receive. Particularly, the Recruitment module helps us to configure an Application Tracking System, and now, we have visibility over KPIs that before was not possible. The implementation of an extension of the CRM module allow us to customize easily the system to our needs too.

Pros

Odoo provides my company with all the modules needed to manage the business. It is easy to set up, intuitive and the modules are well integrated.

Cons

The Community edition provides a lot of built-in features, but since version 9, Odoo has been moving features from Community version to Enterprise, so I could see some of them, which I was using, unavailable in recent versions.

SugarCRM

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

Because managing business operations in spreadsheets it is extremely time-consuming. It requires a lot of coordination and is prone to errors.

Reasons for Switching to Odoo

Because provides more modules. The availability in our market of Python developers to extend and customize the platform was another reason.
Mudssar
Mudssar
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Pro vs Cons of Business with Odoo

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

Overall its good for SM businesses, very effective where you have your own devolpment team. Mostly every business/erp aspect is available.

Pros

Easy to install, every module functionalities available, wide support on google, its good for SMEs, sufficient feature to track and control finance,inventroy,sale and purchase. stratigic,tactic and operation roles are aded in features, you can formulate your busiess needs accordingly.

Cons

Customization is not easy, even less active on github, its not so speedy, modules are integerated mixed with local and internet, it should be either local or inenet, price is higher,customization is also costly due to limited support/devolpment documentation.

Dolibarr

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

Business volume increased, we have exanded our units,branches, we faced much dificulties with odoo at this level.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Odoo

easy access,installation,much famous, more funtionalities.
Chau Nam Osman
  • Industry: Sports

ODOO never work on the Bank Connection

Reviewed on 18/5/2024

no one from Odoo HK, show me the responsibilty , passion on helping customer

I have make a full...

no one from Odoo HK, show me the responsibilty , passion on helping customer

I have make a full payment already , for 5 users and 200 hours setup . and now no one care about it

Pros

ALL IN ONE , is the most attractive function from Odoo

Cons

Never success in my bank connect
so I have to upload bank statement my self

Meet
Meet
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Odoo:One stop solution for inventory management

Reviewed on 22/3/2024

Pros

The inventory management , stock list , stock details is awesome compared to miracle and also the interface is user-friendly

Cons

The pricing structure can be reduced especially for small business

Garrett
  • Industry: Furniture

Incredibly Powerful Community Version

Reviewed on 18/1/2024

Odoo is obviously a very mature software platform. It is great at what it does and the architecture allows for easy setup and easy customization. If it has modules that meet your needs even remotely, do not hesitate to use it.
The community edition is free, VERY easy to setup, and VERY stable. I have been running the community edition on a small linux server in my internal network. I have 100% uptime, zero restarts on that box since I deployed the "production" environment about 5 months ago.
I keep adding modules to use Odoo for more and more of my operations.
I went from spending several hundred dollars per month to fight w/ my previous inventory management system to spending a few hundred dollars once for a small servlet and have really unleashed the engagement and creativity of my inventory management and procurement departments.

Pros

The Community version is completely free, no strings attached. You have to set it up, secure it, and host it yourself. The docker container available makes it a perfectly smooth and configurable deployment. If you or your IT department has any ability to use Docker to deploy applications on an internal network, they should be able to have Odoo Community up and running in an afternoon at most (if they can't, fire them).
Odoo is complicated as it can cover a vast scope of your operations. Therefore, setup is complicated. We spent about 1 week from 1 person to get it ready to roll out. At the end of that week we had imported all our materials for purchasing (~500 items) and products we sell (~250 SKUs) from our previous inventory management system (MRPEasy) INCLUDING BOMS. Because of the incredibly effective bulk import features, simple guides, and logical workflows, we switched over to Odoo about 2 weeks earlier than our planned rollover date.
I have yet to encounter anything I would consider a defect or a bug in the software.
We have customized several forms to eliminate buttons or features not used, add columns and fields, and track some extra reference IDs for other systems on our products. Very easy platform to do deep configuration/manipulation on.
The PDF generation and customization engine is very easy to use and works great. It was also easy to edit the code of the PDF template to make some stylistic changes to the forms we generate. If you know basic HTML and CSS, Odoo is simple enough to understand and navigate that you can really get deep in customization.
The intra-app communication via "Activities" is ubiquitous in the platform and makes for very effective todo lists being integrated into the app that the "work" happens in.

Cons

It really wants to send emails and manage communications. I had to dig pretty deep to make sure those features were turned off. We are B2B and I want communications to have a personal touch on pretty much everything.

Wes
Wes

Do Not Purchase Directly From Odoo

Reviewed on 14/9/2020

I wish it had worked. We struggeld with the software for 18 months - even reaching out to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] via Twitter asking for help. Odoo does not care about the customer. If you work with a reseller, they are awesome. But we made the mistake of buying through Odoo, installing 3rd party apps and then having tons of programming issues that no one would help us with. Great software - horrible company.

Pros

The software is incredibly eligant. The way everything works together via API is astounding. I can't say enough about how flexible this software is.

Cons

Support. We made the mistake of purchasing through Odoo and not a reseller and everything was pretty much wrong from day 1. All help is predicated on you having no 3rd party apps. The problem is, you cannot run the software without 3rd party apps.

NetSuite

We outgrew Zoho.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Odoo

Compared to Netsuite, it was affordable and the rep assured us it would do all the things Netsuite would do.
Awais
Awais
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

ERP:Finance and Manufacturing on Odoo

Reviewed on 8/6/2020

Good for SME, trade or ecommerce business, efective ERP not any bug found. Finance, planning,porecurement,inventory and manufacturing are integrated each ither aswell seprately installed.

Pros

Every module is available, wide range of available features, modules. Grsphics and web interface is awesome, installation is easier, customization can be made. Secure and remotely access, available in SAas and local server, even can be installed on your domain.

Cons

Customization is not easier, less controll on transaction data. Less controll on authorizations,roles. Management role is missing, can be slower or face bugs for large industry, some issues found in finance like credit limit cant be set.

ERPNext

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

transaction volume increased, many bugs were foubd and some features was missing

Dolibarr
Andries
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Seems good on paper but make sure you do not get an inexperienced consultant doing the setup

Reviewed on 7/11/2023

Pros

Functionality was the thing that made us try Odoo.

Cons

Their service was less than impressive when it came to discussing the fact that they initially assigned an inexperienced consultant to do the implementation

Hanane

Making decisions

Reviewed on 29/1/2024

A very wonderful experience and still like you

A very wonderful experience and still like you

Pros

Ease of use, community support, scalability, affordability and continuous development

Cons

It takes a long time to run errands.....

Gretchen Ann
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Honest Review

Reviewed on 12/6/2024

Pros

The software was so efficient and easy to navigate

Cons

I like everything about the software the interface and how it looks

Victor

Misleading Functionality

Reviewed on 27/12/2020

Pros

On first blush it appeared Odoo would solve all our needs. Its secure, in the cloud, appeared moldable to our use cases and support was responsive. But after becoming a client it became very apparent it was more window dressing than anything.

Cons

We were promised that the software could do what we needed as well as be customized to the exact requests we had, right down to certain toggles for custom fields in certain places. We invested roughly $20,000 in their custom development service as well as started paying the monthly fee at $300usd roughly per month. After working with the dev team for months it was becoming apparent that what we were promised was not in fact doable. Work arounds and shortcuts were attempted to no avail. In the end Odoo handed us off to several account managers, and took months to respond back to us on our request to end the project and have our unused portion of the deposited funds returned. in the end the elected to return zero. The process was a massive waste of time and resources. Although working with theier team to rectify things they took a hard position and accepted zero responsibility.

Reflecting back, I would have simply chosen to do a custom build out with a local development firm over this charade. We chose Odoo because we beleived it would have shaved months from development since most of the core functionality is already built. Instead what we got was absolutely nothing. No useable software and no portion of our unused funds. Very disappointing.

Odoo - a business-oriented program.

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

Odoo has a lot of positive aspects. The first is that it is more akin to a business development platform than an ERP. It is quite simple to build business logic on top of the Odoo "application server." Having said that, many excellent modules have already been written. And several modules are linked together.
The CRM module is fantastic. It helps you to manage your leads and prospects in a Sales funnel. Commercial Contacts may be monitored, and calls and messages to leads can be tracked. The "sort by last message" option offers you a good idea of when you should contact that lead again. You may also specify a "next step" date for possibilities.
The website builder is also excellent. Very user-friendly, and you create your website using graphical building pieces. The website builder also works with emails, which I use to create marketing emails. They also look wonderful.
The accounting section is also fairly comprehensive. You may immediately associate financial information, such as bills, with your customer. Dunning may be automatically implemented using rulesets. Odoo has comprehensive accounting capability in addition to invoicing (double ledger).
The HR feature is also useful for tracking your employees' vacation days and other information. You may also keep and categorize CVs for future jobs.

Pros

Odoo ERP software offers a broad set of systems that serve each area of the firm, including accounting, project management, customer service, warehouse management, manufacturing supplies, and so on. Because the Odoo system is created in a modular structure, users may pick suitable apps from the app store and install them on the company's account. The Odoo system's hallmark is its over 10,000 support modules. Enterprises merely need to choose the relevant functionalities and eliminate the unneeded ones.

Cons

Odoo installation and setup are difficult. To understand this Odoo, you must have programming abilities. This can be irritating for your company since dealing with the installation problem requires time, effort, and, most importantly, money from your employees.

Mark
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Best Business Management Tools

Reviewed on 5/5/2023

Since we are still new to this product, we are still in a bit of struggling to tweak it and customize it based on what we need and how our office operates. But for sure, once we got use to it and fix all what needs to be done, i'm sure it will be a big help to our company.

Pros

what we like about this Suite is it replaces all our old applications into like on stop shop solutions for our Accounts, HR, Billing and our Project managers.

Cons

What we are encountering now is a bit uneasy to modify sore features and we needs a lot of help from developer to adjust certain things to suite our needs.

Dynamics 365 and SAP Business One

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

we want to have one suite that will connect our Accounts department, HR and Projects Management team.

TallyPrime

Flexibility and cost.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Beautiful face very bad customer service

Reviewed on 4/8/2020

While I was analyzing the system the attention was incredible. I felt really very well taken care of, once I started having problems, the customer service and support area seemed to have lost all interest in us.

Pros

The demo was amazing, incredible, I had an instant love for the tool, the low prices really excited me.

Cons

after years of use the migration was impossible and I had to change from software to another brand because I came to the conclusion that the slow support seemed to be guessing how to solve my problems

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

Because migration was an impossible task, we did everything Odoo said had to be done, we even hired odoo.sh a few years before because they assured me that everything would work better, but it didn't, I felt really ripped off.

Reasons for Switching to Odoo

I chose odoo for price and level of service without asking for references to other companies, over time I realized that other companies like mine went through the same thing.
Niaz Ahmed

Future is here...

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

I am odoo developer and providing customization and the apps to integrate with odoo. Being a developer i feel this is future . The world will recognize its versitality verysoon. Its the solution to all problem at one place. We can summrize it by saying its platfourm where you have to put all your problems and leave it for odoo to solve. Because its builtin app most likley solve all your problems.

Pros

Its feels tricky at first. Butt when you starts using it you will be in love with his versitality.. I like most the control that you can control your stuff at one place. Which is now a days is big prob. You can change optimize and integrate the stuff with very little effort.

Cons

When you comes to cons. It usally feel tricky. Which may make you away from using it. Next you have to putt some effort to understand what actually is going around.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

As i mentioned its easy to manage and control your code with odoo. And being developer its best thing when you have the control all over the produvt that your are builting at one place.

Reasons for Switching to Odoo

Its availbility.. Scalibilty. And versitile nature makes its unique from others..
Carlos Benjamin
Carlos Benjamin

Great ERP and the Cheapest of them all

Reviewed on 29/3/2020

It is Great, Cheap, Easy to use, Easy to Setup, a Great ERP with a lot of things that you can change.

Pros

It is very easy to use, you can see that the uSer Interface is done to be used by anyone, it is easy to setup, and in Timing against others, it is Awesome.

Cons

The Support is Slow, you need to wait a lot for something to be resolved (in Mexico).

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

Because Contpaq Have a lot of Errors, and the Support is HORRIBLE, a ticket can be solved in MONTHS.

Reasons for Switching to Odoo

In 1 Word "PRICE", they are for Huge companies, Companies with more that 500 Employees or with a lot of Profit, It is easy 20 Times the Price of Odoo.
Ahmed Noor
  • Industry: Import & Export

Basim Global user / company review for odoo as an ERP system.

Reviewed on 23/6/2023

as a product excellent system except of above cons.

as a product excellent system except of above cons.

Pros

Complete Set of system is created considering a business requirement of SME and MSME. Each module is created considering each and every department of a business organization.

Cons

Bad Customer Service an dependence on ticket system rather than quick Assistance to solve issues, Bad Sales Team, if not tested I would never have purchased the system if was dependent on sales rep. to sell me the product. Wrong Partner network that might drive prospecting and new onboarding customers.

Juan
Juan

A open source MRP free of charge, but beware of implementation costs

Reviewed on 11/9/2021

If you are running a SMB with a low budget and are kind-of- IT-savy, you will get away with a reasonably extensive MRP free of charge (when using the Open-Source version).
You will count with CRM, Accounting, Operations, and Marketing basic modules, that will get the job done.
However if you are looking a seamless experience, you may want to evaluate mainstream tools like Hubspot, Zoho or SAP, albeit facing higher costs.

Pros

The open source version is free of charge. It counts with several modules, allowing to combine Sales, Accounting, Manufacturing and Logistics modules using ODOO as an ERP.

Cons

It is cumbersome to customize. Especially when facing code, it becomes highly dependent on IT teams. This makes ODOO not the most accessible CRM to work with, even at the free trial version.
Deeper customization often requires coding skills, meaning a high necessity to work with an experience Odoo partner. This is where the free-of-charge-open-source promise becomes tricky

Zoho One and SAP Business One

Reasons for Switching to Odoo

ODOO seemed versatile and offer extensive tools, working like an integrated MRP. The open source version was free of charge.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Helping companies to be better

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

I've been using Odoo in some companies as an employee, so I've been teaching myself (that easy it is). I started with some bad practices (modifying the base code) but I've gotten better making my own modules, but now I only use Odoo Studio (highly recommend it).
I've also shown the basics of the core to my IT coworkers, and once we understand how the api with python works, we've made wonders. We don't mess with the code directly (only the Partner does) and we can play with all the information with any python module or framework.

Pros

Odoo adapts to the company needs. When one of the owners of the Organization has a question, the answer can be easily be taken from Odoo, by grouping, filtering and in some other cases, by adding new fields to fill manually or automatically.

Cons

As I jokingly say, sometimes Odoo is in a bad mood (when there is slow Internet connection) and Odoo displays an error or makes a rare behavior. But by refreshing the page, most of the times, it gets solved.

Response from Odoo

Awesome review! Glad to hear you have been making wonders with Odoo Studio, we love hearing how users are able to use the Studio editor tool to customize their platform without having to touch source code (the idea is to empower users to create the software they want). Happy to hear how you have been using Odoo and wishing your company continued success! :)

Chris
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Odoo gives you full featured modern open source software to manage a business or any organizati...

Reviewed on 22/2/2017

One of the fastest growing, well rounded, full featured, modern, open source, business, or other organization, management software.
* A free community version is available at no cost forever, with about 85% of the features of the paid commercial version.
* Very powerful software for organizations of 1 or 2 people, up to hundreds, possibly thousands of employees.
* Full accounting including customized international accounting which works in about 100 countries, impressive.
* Full website builder lets you drag and drop blocks on the screen to setup your org's website.
* Comes with a feature where you can offer live chat support to your customers or audience.
* Connects to your bank account in the paid version for automatic verification of account activity.
* Manages multiple bank accounts for the various parts of the organization, nice.
* Full automation of the employee recruitment, interview, hiring, employment contract, and termination process.
* Management of the vehicle fleet or any other set of assets belonging to the organization.
* Manufacturing Resource Planning modules are available if you're running this type of organization.
* Email app is great and a huge time saver, it becomes a high speed task manager and filter.
* Point of sale app is also really cool, from a tablet or phone you can access the minimal set of functions in Odoo needed to check customers out at the point of sale, the great thing is the Point Of Sale can keep running taking payments and tracking which items are sold and their quantity, even when internet access disconnects, then when internet connection comes back, the app will save the completed sales into your Odoo system.
* Between 50 and 100 apps.
* You can use all the community apps for free. If you choose to subscribe to the commercial Odoo, it's a cheap price per month per app, which comes with support and hosting if you want it. Pricing is way lower than the competition. Even running the free community version although limited it's far better than running a business without software or with many disjointed separated software.
* Odoo really delivers on the do-it-all approach, every app is able to talk to all the other apps, and share information, because they all run on top of the same set of your company's data. This totally eliminates the need to connect separate apps made by different companies, or worse, re-enter the same data into multiple different apps, losing tons of time and money.

Pros

No data re-entry. All the apps are connected and share information. Saves so much time and money. Also, you can create your own modules, or hire an outsider to create a module for you, due to the open source nature of the software. Easy to add any of the pre-made apps.

Cons

It can run slow, if you don't take a little time to tune up the server it's running on, and use enough memory, caching, and ideally an ssd. There's a lot of database access happening. Upgrading to the new version is not easy. It would be great if the Odoo company would make upgrading a simple do it yourself automatic task, one click of a button, that would not require human attention for 2 weeks. There's an entire article with more about this on the Odoo site.

Response from Odoo

Thank you for your review Chris. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Aline

The best Open-Source ERP

Reviewed on 2/3/2023

Odoo is a very good workflow management software. It offers a variety of powerful and intuitive tools that simplify the management of finance, accounting, human resources and sales. The user interface is very intuitive and easy to learn, allowing me to start managing projects quickly and efficiently. The software is fully customizable with additional modules available that allow users to create workflows tailored to their specific needs.

Pros

Odoo offers a multitude of features that can be adjusted to specific business needs, and is very easy to use. In addition, the platform is kept up to date and is constantly improved with new features and updates to adapt to developments in technology and business.

Cons

some advanced features like cloud services integration can be cumbersome to set up. Additionally, there are limitations in its ability to automate certain processes and to perform complex tasks.

Oracle Primavera Cloud

HubSpot CRM
Berne
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great software, but avoid Odoo direct Implementation

Reviewed on 22/3/2022

We were quickly convinced that Odoo as a system was going to be the right choise for us and our business evolution. Changing the company mindset of using Spreadsheets and custom independent apps over to a proper ERP/CRM system was a big step and challenge, but ultimately worth it.

We innitially decided to go with Odoo's drect "Success Plan" packages to help us get up and running. These are working on a hourly basis, and everything they do/say/write is deducted accordingly. As we were new to this, we got hooked into their "system" by being told we needed about XXX hours for helping us through the whole process. Eventually those hours ran out and I was told we need about 50% more to completion. After paying for it the extra hours quickly ran out and we were demanded to pay more. This is where I stoped and found a local odoo Partner to take us the rest of the way, to much better success.

My advise is 100% for the Odoo system, but avoid getting them to set you up or onboarding you if you're new to this. Instead try to find a local company or Odoo Partner for that. Also try to get Project quotes for onboarding instead of by-the-hour methods.

Pros

Fantastic bag of integrated tools from Inventory management, CRM, Sales and Supply chain working together to optimize our opperations. The logical and natual choise for us evolving from a small company into a medium enterprise.

Cons

Odoo's Onboarding team was a total waste of Time and Money and I seriously felt like being milked for every penny along the way. Eventually I dropped them and restarted the process with a local dev company and much better experience.

Su Latt

Review for Business Management Software

Reviewed on 23/3/2024

In my experience, Odoo comes in two versions: Community, which is free and open-source, and Enterprise, which requires a paid subscription per user. Implementing Odoo typically requires skilled functional consultants and technical experts. In Enterprise version, you can get the support from Odoo team.

Pros

Odoo offers ease of customization and seamless integration with other systems, such as payment gateways, SMS gateways, and HR software. The Odoo Community version is free to use. Active community provides access to a wealth of resources, support forums, and collaboration opportunities

Cons

Odoo users need to be well-trained in Odoo, as bulk import is sensitive to errors. Odoo's software modules can be complex in version upgrades.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Halimatun
Halimatun
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Everything in this single platform

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Pros

Sales, buying, stocks, finance, projects, and other essential activities are all integrated. As a result, if the consumer has a standard business flow, they may quickly begin using it. Modification is only necessary if the user's workflow differs from that of a typical organization. Odoo is a very versatile piece of software, and If configured correctly, it may become the business's brain.

Cons

At first, it may seem that too many functions are accessible, but this is not the case. To get things running in a fashion that mirrors your standard process, you'll need to do a lot of adjusting and customizing depending on the business structure and present processes. The pricing is affordable; however, the cost perusers can rise rapidly as additional modules are deployed.

Dimitri
  • Industry: Consumer Services

BEST ERP system for your company

Reviewed on 8/9/2022

Pros

If you want to save your organization a bunch of money and move away from Oracle, Saas and other expensive ERP systems. This is the system for you and your organization. Try it out, test and see the automated workflows that can be created to reduce admin costs immensely within your organization.

Cons

They moved away from a free version to a paid version but it’s still worth the price. IT could have handled all the customization even via the free version but they have now centralized the software with automatic updates.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

They streamlined our business and saved us thousands in costs.