Zoho Inventory

Write a Review!
Order and inventory management for growing businesses

4.4/5

LINA MARIA
LINA MARIA

Easy to use and very effective

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Pros

We acquired Zoho Inventory through our Computer and Computing Department, which, observing the great problems that were presented to us with the classification of samples, offered this excellent tool that, complemented with other software, has substantially improved our performance at work.

Zoho Inventory is a powerful tool that allows us an adequate and standardized classification of our chemical samples, converting them into information that can be inventoried, leaving as a result the organization that every company or corporation in charge of the chemical area wants, that is, a sample coherently organized. For this reason we strongly recommend this software.

Cons

A software that is constantly updated and improved, based on the observations and suggestions of its users; with a technical department of high capabilities that identify software problems and improve them in their updates, because I believe it is a software that has no weak points that have to be reviewed here.

Jeff
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used for 6-12 months

Almost there

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

Helped us with our inventory, quotes and sales orders. Ultimately switched to another product with more control over selling units and templates.

Pros

Ease of use, online access, cost. Simple to implement. Informative reports.

Cons

To sell as different units had to create different item code and bundle/unbundle. Would like more control over templates - the built in ones take up too many pages when numerous items. To search as typing have to know how an item is named.

Roxanne

Zoho seemed like the perfect solution - but every feature is half-baked

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

I thought it was the perfect software, but everything I needed it to do proved to be unfinished or unavailable.

Pros

What attracted me to Zoho was the seemingly user-friendly interface, which lended to jumping around from customer profiles, financials, to products, orders, etc quite fluidly. It lets you have multiple currency price lists which is HARD TO FIND. I liked the possibility to easily upgrade to other Zoho products like the CRM.

Cons

Every other feature that was important to my setup was only partially available, or had major limitations leaving the "features" useless. Woocommerce integration is shown as available through a third party - but that plugin is both expensive and DOES NOT WORK. Shopify connection ONLY GOES ONE WAY (shopify to zoho, NO INVENTORY SYNCING!!) The Sales Order/Shipping/Invoicing system is unnecessarily messy and very hard to truly automate, due to lack of connections.

Cin7 Core and inFlow Inventory

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Inventory

Tradegecko was sunsetting.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Inventory

It seemed to offer the most syncing options and best workflow. It did not.
Priscila
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Everything you need

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

I looked around for a software that would fit our needs as a growing company. Some programs were way too complicated to use. Zoho has the additional benefit of having "sister" software for bookkeeping, etc and the price is spot-on.

Pros

It is all I need for inventory management and it's easy to use!

Cons

I guess it can be more visibly appealing.

Ordoro

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Inventory

Easier to use, adequate for our needs, better price
  • Industry: Maritime

Good software for managing serial numbered inventory

Reviewed on 24/1/2022

I'm tracking identical items by serial number from multiple suppliers for warranty support purposes. The software makes it easy.

Pros

Easy to understand and use, although I have accounting experience

Cons

Needs better and more customizable reporting

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Inventory

Cost, ease of use, specific solution for serial number tracking
Fowzie
  • Industry: Utilities

Using ZI

Reviewed on 9/9/2019

Pros

The interface and the integrations, especially the shipping one.

Cons

I would have really liked it if you had more integrations other than Shopify or ebay...a direct connection with woocommerce would have been great. Not that happy with kloud connector really.

Veeqo and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Inventory

Features and that you had a free barcode scanner which was fantastic. Others charge you for hardware.
Darren
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Stock Control how it should be

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Stock consistency between what is sold in store and what is sold online has been excellent and the general operation is both efficient and easy.

Pros

We love the integration and module aspects. The modules all fit together allowing full integration. With this comes the ease of stock control and order management both online and offline. No complicated app integrations or stock drift. it just works.

Cons

Search facility has an issue you can not always locate an item just by keyword and have to enter the full name. With thousands of products this is not always possible.

Marius

Amazing order and product management suite

Reviewed on 4/1/2024

Very happy with Zoho, one of the best things about it is that it can seamlessly integrate other modules as well such as Zoho Books, and Zoho Analytics, which all help to make Zoho inventory more useful.

Pros

Zoho allows for a lot of customisation as to what data you can store for orders and products. It has amazing flexibility with custom fields, that allows us to achieve exactly what we want. Also, it has a lot built in automation tools, which are extremely helpful. All of that for a price, that is reasonable and cheap compared to alternatives.

Cons

Because Zoho is such an extensive suite of tools, it is a little overwhelming to set up in the start. That being said, once its up and running it is really good.

Joel
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Inventory made easy with Zoho Inventory

Reviewed on 16/2/2024

The best software for inventory management.

The best software for inventory management.

Pros

The software is easy to use with a lot of automation hence making complex processes easy to carry out.

Cons

I like everything about the software although the price is quite high.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

A good inventory management platform

Reviewed on 12/11/2023

It is good so far- we have not long started using it but it has been extremely easy to implement!

Pros

This has strong core functions, is easy to use and very reliable with zero bugs or downtime after a few months in.

Cons

It would be good if there was more integration functionality with zoho books.

Sergio
  • Industry: Entertainment

Delivers Essential Features at a moderate rate

Reviewed on 5/1/2023

It’s simple and does what it says on the tin at a moderate price. Could it be cheaper? Yes, but you’ll be hard pressed to find a similar software which actually works and integrates with the usual e/commerce and small business platforms as the Zoho software portfolio does - and this is much the case for Zoho inventory too.

Pros

That it delivers on the usual features expected of such a system, and does so at moderate to budget pricing which is hard to find un the booming e-commerce industry - but can be something that could make or break small business owners and sole traders.

Cons

It sometimes feels a bit clunky to use and doesn’t quite reach the budget mark as well as I would have expected from a Zoho product - especially given the features portfolio it offers compared to competitors.

InventoryCloud

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Inventory

Pricing and features, were more aligned with an e-commerce small business like mine, at the time of purchase.
Christian

It NEVER worked!

Reviewed on 23/5/2020

Horrendous

Horrendous

Pros

I only considered Zoho Inventory because of the Inventory integration with multiple Shopify stores but It never worked on more than 1 store.

Cons

Besides having paid $250 for a product that never worked, the customer service is very slow. They say they will contact their developers and have the issue fix overnight, they ask for screenshots of everything but NEVER SOLVE ANYTHING.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Inventory

I wanted to give it a try, but If Zoho Inventory does not work, I can't imagine how bad the other products are.

Great for Small Business Owners

Reviewed on 8/3/2020

I needed to have more control searching for information and understanding how purchases and sales were connected to each other. Excel had the information but it wasn't easy to search for.

Pros

Being able to connect purchase orders, sales orders, customers, and payments together. It makes it easier to search for information, generate reports, and track sales & money spent. It makes handling my administrative processes quick and easy.

Cons

I wish there are additional minor customization that could be made. Importing sales information could use more documentation and takes some testing to understand. I wish I could import old sales information from previous years without it affecting the monthly orders limit.

Abid
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Zoho Inventory for Trading business and Manufacturing concerns

Reviewed on 24/6/2019

Though I am still exploring ZOHO Inventory but the best part was ease of use and instant impact on inventory management.

Pros

1- Its best for the Trading business.
2- The best thing is the ease of use. you don't have to be an accountant or a professional inventory manager to understand this software.
3- It is real-time. You don't have to wait for a department or server to process the command so that the information gets reflected.
4- Any prior period adjustment of cost or quantity, automatically adjust the costing and all the other accounts.
5- The best feature of Zoho is availability of customer service 24/7
6- For bulk data, you don't have to key in one by one. You just have to arrange the whole data in a specific format and upload it.
7- Composite items is the Bill of Material, which is gives you the option of calculating variances.
8- If you want to add an extra material, other than what is defined in the standard formula, you can do that.
9- The warehouse option helps you to keep track of inventory in each warehouse. While invoicing your customer, you can select the specific warehouse.
10- It is very well integrated with the ZOHO Books.
11- The Taxes can also be handled easily through Inventory module

Cons

1- For large organizations where multiple levels of warehouses exist and they require different approvals before issuance and receiving of materials or products, ZOHO inventory doesn't seems to provide that functionality.
2- You cannot print delivery notes on ZOHO Inventory, for that you have to go to ZOHO Books.
3- If you want to receive a product on multiple purchase orders together, you cannot. You have to receive the product of one purchase order at a time.
4- You can specify a purchase or sales price of a product but you cannot specify that as per the supplier of customer.

Kelly
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Best I've Found

Reviewed on 6/7/2019

Prior to using Zoho I had never kept track of my expenses aside from the cost of the inventory itself. With Zoho Books, I've been able to keep track of my intangibles as well as physical inventory.

Pros

I have tried out so many different accounting software apps, and this is the one I've found works the best for me. I have a very small business, just me, and the revenue is still pretty low. So it is such a relief that my entire budget doesn't have to go to monthly fees, and that I didn't have to take the time to build my own. So many great features, and the developers are constantly adding new things, (that you can vote on!). I've only had to contact customer service a few times, but the times I have, they have been very personable and patient.

Cons

My only feature that I really need is that I need to be able to delete custom fields even after I've used them. I've added some fields that were later added by the developers, and that means that even though I'm not using them anymore, that's one custom field slot used up.

Ryan

Zoho Inventory for the win

Reviewed on 13/7/2022

We are a growing company that was in need of a sophisticated inventory management system. we found it in zoho

Pros

I loved how easy it was to connect to our shopify store. to my surprise, it was also able to connect to Ebay. It also connects to Paypal, which makes our money transactions easier to handle, limiting our stress. Using this software, we were able to keep a very accurate inventory while selling across multiple online platforms. It is worth the cost because this helps prevent any inventory shortages and lost orders because of a lack of inventory

Cons

The original setup was a very lengthy, which there were multiple confusing parts. There could also be a few more reports that come standard, we needed to make multiple custom reports, which also took lots of time and man power.

Arjun
  • Industry: Textiles

Good for Trading, should improvise for manufacturing companies

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

I've found a way around to add BOM using composite item feature but Zoho definitely should consider including Bill of materials option in the inventory. it is literally impossible for a manufacturing company to use this software without BOM. otherwise it's really good, nicely integrated with Zoho books

Pros

I loved the Composite item feature but multiple bundling option could be more helpful and less time consuming.

Cons

Lack of Bill of materials. As a manufacturing and trading company it becomes extremely difficult to increase stock without BOM.

ADAM

Brilliant app for a small business owner

Reviewed on 27/5/2021

Great app to manage inventory reports on daily basis. I never had any problem with accessing the app. It helps me manage my business well and smooth.

Pros

Very intuitive app and well designed. This is the best inventory management app so far. Very practical features I use everyday that helps me manage small warehouse. It's very easy to create invoices and send them to customers. It helps me manage inventory and track sales. Pricing plans are affordable however free plan is also available.

Cons

Merging products with eBay platform could be better.
Updating product images takes time.
Too many updates.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Simple,Easy integrate with the Books

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

Pros

simple to create product
integrate with the Books

Cons

Product filter really need to upgrade, we need to download product as make a custom filter in Excel

QuickBooks Enterprise and Wave

Microsoft Excel
  • Industry: Tobacco

Great App

Reviewed on 9/4/2023

Pros

Easy to use, very versatile, it has become seamlessly essential to our business

Cons

Customer service is a bit slow and clunky

Ezekiel

Features that help us grow our business

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

Pros

The dashboard is simply awesome. It gives a good daily overview of the business activities and the necessary next-steps.
We can easily manage sales order and transfer among the warehouses, and scale easily to more warehouses when needed.
The integration with our website is just fantastic. Items and stock level from the Inventory syncs that on the website. No more repeated work.
AND, the API access is just wonderful. Going forward, applications can be built on the API feature to add more value to our customers and business process.

Cons

The permission levels could be better improved. A user's access to the Customer's Contact module, for example, should be limited to the contact created by that user. Then, the accountant can have access to all contact irrespective of the who created it.
A desktop application would be great. Or, an application to work offline when there's limited internet connection.

Fabien
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Loving Zoho

Reviewed on 26/9/2019

I love Zoho and all its products. When everything works together, it's amazing.

I love Zoho and all its products. When everything works together, it's amazing.

Pros

When alll Zoho app work together it's wonderful. Support is always fast and helpful.

Cons

Maybe better integration with e-commerce platform like Woocomerce and Prestashop

Ola

A great tool to keep track of your inventory

Reviewed on 31/5/2023

It invaluable if you are handling orders with multiple warehouses.

It invaluable if you are handling orders with multiple warehouses.

Pros

It's an easy to use product in the Zoho universe of applications. We only use Inventory, but there are many to choose from. We use it to keep track of inventory, orders and stock levels .

Cons

Can't really think of any negative things. It does what it's suppose to do.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Zoho Inventory

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Pros

I like Zoho inventory because on this platform everything is connected to my orders and I can manage shipments in a practical and fast way

Cons

it's perfect for me and it's all so intuitive!

Omarie

Works great! Easy and efficient

Reviewed on 30/9/2018

Pros

I’m a big fan of all of the branches to Zoho. Same goes for the inventory application, I can easily add/delete and manage inventory items and merge them into my Zoho CRM. Capatability is amazing.

Cons

It could be a little more customizable with certain items but for the most part this is an overall great inventory management option.