Moodle LMS

Chamath
  • Used for 6-12 months

The e-learning platform for 100+ students

Reviewed on 27/6/2019

In the beginning, I would say it's a bit harder to learn but after I read their documentation and refer some guides I become a master of Moodle. There are a good amount of helping documentations with Moodle you can find almost anything on their documentation. I’m happy to say that still our students using it daily. If you have a small budget this is a great choice. I’m very satisfied on Moodle and I can recommend for anyone those who are looking for a good LMS platform

Pros

I have used Moodle for an organization to implement an e-learning platform. I have searched for may LMS and finally, I selected Moodle because it’s open source and very customizable for our requirements. While I am using the Moodle I can list down some pros according to my experience

- Moodle has Multilingual capability that allows users to use multi-language it was a great feature for me.
- Manage user roles and permission, You can define roles to users and manage user access
- Bulk course creation and easy to backup
- Customizable or create our own themes
- Very useful calendar to track course deadlines, meetings and many more
- Admin user can Install and disable 3rd party plugins

Cons

Though Moodle offers many features there are some things that I don’t like much. I can list a few cons of Moodle

- The learning curve is a bit higher for administration and building Moodle courses for First-time users
- If you need to customize some functionalities requires a Moodle programmer
- The look and feel a bit outdated even if you use a theme it feels like bit older
- I faced some upgrading issues it’s not that easy for me

Google Classroom

Reasons for Switching to Moodle LMS

Moodle is free and customizable for our needs and we can host it anywhere we want.
dipen

Easy to made learning platform

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

My overall experience with Moodle is really worthy. me and my team are creating new class, courses and tests on Moodle and it takes very small amount of time. Course management is really nice and User interface of Moodle is really understandable to students.

Pros

1. Free and effective open source learning.
2. Create easy assignments and learning management as per subject and as per class.

Cons

1. Bulky and heavy User interface.
2. No end to end security provided.
3. No option to signup user accounts automatically.

Google Classroom and CANVAS

Reasons for Choosing Moodle LMS

Google Classroom, another useful tool from Google. I switched to Moodle because Moodle is open source and interface is understandable to students.

Google Classroom

Reasons for Switching to Moodle LMS

I choose Moodle over these alternative because, Moodle is open source and highly customizable as per requirement.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best of both worlds for teachers and students

Reviewed on 8/1/2023

Overall, Moodle is a reliable and user-friendly learning platform that combines the best of both worlds for teachers and students. It provides an easy-to-use interface, a range of useful features, and the flexibility to learn at your own pace.

Pros

Moodle is a fantastic learning platform that makes it easy for both teachers and students to connect and learn. Quizzes are simple to take and are time-bound, which helps to keep students focused and on track. Additionally, the platform makes it easy for teachers to check quizzes on the spot, which allows for quick feedback and progress tracking.One of the best features of Moodle is its flexibility. Students can access the platform at any time and from any location, which makes it perfect for distance learning or for those with busy schedules. Teachers also have the ability to create and assign coursework, track student progress, and communicate with their students all through the platform. One of the benefits of Moodle is that it is well-suited for group assignments. With the platform, teachers have the ability to set up group projects and have students work together to complete them. This can be a valuable learning experience for students, as it helps them develop teamwork and collaboration skills.One feature that is particularly useful for group assignments is the ability for only one member of the group to submit the final project. This can be a time-saver for both teachers and students, as it eliminates the need for multiple submissions and ensures that there is only one version of the project to review and grade.

Cons

While Moodle is generally a reliable and useful learning platform, there are a few areas where it could be improved. One issue that has been noticed is that the platform can sometimes get stuck or slow down, especially when there are a lot of users accessing it at the same time. This can be frustrating for both teachers and students, as it can disrupt the flow of learning and make it difficult to complete tasks on time.Another issue with Moodle is that it can be difficult to upload large files. This can be a problem for students who have assignments with a lot of media or who are working on projects that require a lot of resources. It would be helpful if Moodle had a more robust file management system that could handle larger files without causing problems.Finally, there have been instances where the platform has given errors when students try to submit assignments. This can be confusing, as it is not always clear whether the assignment has been successfully submitted or not. It would be helpful if Moodle had a more reliable submission system that could prevent these types of errors from occurring.

Felipe
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Moodle review

Reviewed on 27/12/2022

In general, I didn't have many problems, the resources I had access to didn't crash, but they were complex, I always had to load many times. But overall I enjoyed the experience and it made my studies a lot easier

Pros

Flexibility and ease of access, the amount of resources available is excellent

Cons

Instability, I believe that when it has multiple accesses it impairs the user experience, in addition to denigrating the image of the educational institution

Eduardo

Moodle, the perfect tool for your institution.

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

It a powerful platform to administer academic institutions at any level.

Pros

The easiness of use, both for students and the academic staff. Setting up is complicated at the beginning, especially the general master configuration, once it is done, there is nothing to worry about.

Cons

The reporting functionality is not the best one. It has many options but the final result is not what you expect.

CANVAS

Reasons for Switching to Moodle LMS

The relationship between price and product was optimal.
Brad
  • Industry: Higher Education

Higher Ed Moodle Review

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Overall, Moodle is the primary LMS at our institution. It helps instructors manage course content while providing a seamless enterprise way for students to access their courses and learn.

Pros

I like the ease of integrating Moodle and course content for distance education or hybrid courses at our institution. The student portal and course hub include the ability to incorporate various widgets to better communicate course expectations with students.

Cons

I feel as though the ability to include more math-based equations and solutions for tests/assessments could be improved.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4.0's fresh and intuitive user experience. https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

Sikhanyiso

Moodle Review

Reviewed on 8/12/2022

Pros

Moodle is absolutely the best as an online learning portal. I have been using this software since 2019 as a student in the University of Eswatini. Moodle is easy to use and organises my school work very easy. I advice more Universities, companies to make use of this software.

Cons

I personally dont see anything wrong with this software.

Gerardo
  • Industry: Market Research

Allows even job training

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

It allows instructing through courses new income in the organization as well as professionals who wish to train

Pros

This is a good professional tool for those organizations that constantly carry out constant training for the members of the organization, it allows, thanks to its system, activities to be scheduled and interaction with the students or in this case, it would be with the apprentices, although it is a tool that it can be used only by students its functions are flexible

Cons

I have no problem as a professional I understand that there are functions that improve the development capabilities of professionals and this tool does it very well

Bipin

Review for Moodle LMS

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

Overall, Moodle LMS is one of the great Learning Management System which not only serves its functionality correctly but also it has great community support. It is the best for its alternatives.

Pros

Moodle provides an easy solution to make learning for students with fun. It is one of the best tool to use for training activities. Not to forget, it has a great community support.

Cons

Personally, I didn't find any such feature. The UI could be improved.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Managing learning like a pro

Reviewed on 25/12/2022

My overall experience with Moodle is positive. It gets the job done, though it looks somewhat unpolished while doing so.

Pros

It made our job very easy to manage the learning and course materials. It is intuitive and fairly easy to use.

Cons

The looks of the software needs a lot of work. It may be a learning solution, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to look so dated.

Michael
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The ultimate toolbox for educators

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

I have been involved with Moodle for many years as a user, administrator and developer. Be careful about the hype you hear from commercial vendors, they will often understate the prevalence of Moodle around the world, which dwarfs other systems many times. The community involved with this product have a common aim: to help educators; money is rarely their driver.

Pros

Moodle is, hands-down, the most functional and malleable learning management system available. Moodle can do everything we want it to do.

Cons

Sometimes you have to reduce functionality to make it useful for some people. It is possible to turn off features to achieve that.

CANVAS and Schoolbox

Reasons for Choosing Moodle LMS

Blackboard seems to be dying. Their product is undeveloped over many years and their proposed replacement still seems to be vaporware. The costs for this system are very high and very few equivalent institutions are still using it.

Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to Moodle LMS

In a blind test at my current institution, Moodle was favoured by users over other systems. It won out in terms of features and flexibility. It just works.
Matthew

Perfect for Remote Learning Scenarios

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

As my University shifted from face-to-face classes I became much more reliant on Moodle and I have now been using their integrations with blackboard collaborate to stream and host video lecturers. This is a must have platform for distance learning despite letdowns with the gradebook.

Pros

Moodle allows me to have a centralized repository of information for my course. I have now placed code, grades, course materials, powerpoints and even video lectures on my course container. My students have no excuses as they know to check Moodle for any course updates.

Cons

The gradebook is hard to use and I am a Computer Science Lecturer. It is difficult to configure and I really wished it were friendlier to non-techies.

Dianne

Superb solution but difficult to set up

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

I consult to clients who have tried to implement Moodle and recognise it's value but are struggling to get a practical, organised system. There are human issues of acceptance and the system isn't used, or the opposite where they have "created a monster" that is unwieldy. Once the system is structured correctly, and staff are trained in the right way to get the most benefit, it is always beneficial. Expensive paid systems force the client management team to go through a formal process of implementation including culture and planning, but a free system is often simply installed without strategy planning about how it is going to be used.

Pros

Moodle is opensource, and therefore inexpensive and low risk to test. If a company is considering eLearning, this should be your first option as a pilot. No pre-planning is as good as actual experience. The difficulty does not lie with the software, but that an eLearning system is a complex activity and is expected to meet the needs of very different users - different education levels, different technology capabilities and with different learning methods. Moodle shows if your company is ready for eLearning, and quickly gets you up and running. A lot of older training materials are in PDF, powerpoint and other formats, and Moodle allows "drag-and-drop" and importing of zip files or SCORM files.

Cons

This is difficult to set up, particularly if you want to make use of the assessments. You need to define your users and your strategy up front or it can become a muddle with different departments adding "courses". In a way it is almost TOO is easy to use, and individual departments create a "course" and add new categories, and dump hundreds of file with no categorisation. Most Moodle systems will need to be reorganised and "cleaned up" regularly if allowed to grow organically.

Pamela

Moodle LMS - Administrator and Trainer Point of View

Reviewed on 26/2/2015

Pros

There are lots and lots of resources for help. Almost every page on the Moodle site has a link at the bottom of it taking you to the specific documentation of what you are working with. Moodle has a huge community of worldwide users that are extremely responsive to user forums, so help is literally a couple of clicks away.

Moodle is easy to figure out, even if you have never used and LMS. The site I currently administrate is at http://classes.ala.org. As you land on the homepage, you will see the list of our different divisions who offer online courses. We do this using the categories feature, allowing each of our separate divisions to be represented on the single ALA site. What you might also notice is that the login for the site is a convenient eyebrow link. If you click it, there are a variety of options for setting up your own guest credentials in addition to signing in with your official credentials granted by one of the administrators.

Most user issues are simple to troubleshoot. Moodle's no nonsense layout and intuitive interaction makes it pretty straightforward to figure out user issues. Error messages tell you specifically what a problem is in plain English (or whatever language you want to set up). Most user problems are rights related in the system.

Moodle allows you to restore previous courses into new courses. The backup and restore feature pretty much does everything for you. Take out the user data from a backup and you can restore the previous version of a course into a brand new course with very little downtime.

Cons

Version 1.9 requires an older version of Java running in order to use the wysiwyg html editor (something that comes in handy for the introduction to the course and each section/Topic for the course) -- a version of Java is required, that if you are on Windows 7, has security issues that your Network Admin is probably blocking.

The workaround not having an html editor is to open your web content editor (we have Drupal and Dreamweaver) and then paste the code into the setting fields. It is not difficult to do, just inconvenient. I am sure the current version 2.6 has this capability and more that we are waiting to upgrade to.
You have to dig a bit to get to the settings and permissions for specific activities. For example, a common user issue is with Student access to a forum. It is not obvious that some forums are specifically for teacher announcements (meaning that students aren't able to respond, just read the announcements). By the time I get issue, the course creator has a dozen or so forums setup with participants already subscribed, which means that it is easier for me to go into each forum and override the native rights. When you have scores of courses running each containing a dozen or more forums that each need to have permissions touched, it is a lot of work from the admin point of view. The lighter side is that with the proper training, or sandbox playing, creators can discover this nuance before its' too late.
The native chat activity doesn't really work in version 1.9. We use FlashChat by Host123 when our course leaders need a course chat room.
In version 1.9, there is not a lot of wiggle room in changing the look and feel of the courses. You can add, subtract and move blocks around, you can assign a theme, but it is not the most modern look and feel.

Harshil
  • Industry: Automotive

E-learning Plus Full package of online studying

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

Extraordinary, learning with perfect understanding, ideation, E-learning, online learning leds to flexible learning.

Pros

I am a student of Hochschule Duesseldorf University of applied sciences. My university is on Moodle and my every second thing is operated by means of moodle. My lectures notes, attendance, research papers, books, Homework, assignments and even some times examinations with the end result everything is done on moodle platform. It is an complete platform for an university student. Every course is given a separate folder by which ease of operation is achieved. During this corona pandemic time my lectures were also done via moodle and also by other online platform but moodle is the medium of uploading the recorded lectures which is very much helpful for the teachers as well as for students. Various Forums were created by lecturers on moodle in order to have a Q/A session or a survey session by which every student can participate and can also upload their respective files. On my vision, moodle is the best learning tool I ever come through, it is simpler and better way of teaching and providing teaching materials. Also there is an Chat option by which teachers can guide there students.

Cons

Moodle can create a sudden limitation toward ones privacy as every one in the course is able to operate almost every thing which is available in the course material and forum which can be not a suitable thing for everyone. I think moodle should provide some privacy features like only xyz person can see and edit the files or works by which false marketing and copying can be avoided but it is just an suggestion from my side as in my class such a situation had arises in some previous time.

Zoom Meetings and Microsoft Teams
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

An easy and practical virtual way for distance education

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Moodle, allows to offer an exchange space in activities for learning, these can be online or as a support for content management without using the web interface, also through the platform you can create private forums to stimulate discussions online or used as the main interface to perform exams and assessments.

Pros

This tool is also designed in free software is a multimedia program that explores the way to generate virtual ways of quality distance education through its virtual environments, the tool is one of the most used for this type of tasks or activities one of its positive elements is in creating private virtual environments where a group of students with their teacher interact online, which after defining the role of administrator capable of creating subjects and administrator, with the role of teacher with permission or without permissions allows to generate the educational base necessary to fulfill a course. Another positive aspect is the ease of making or creating questionnaires by subjects to facilitate the teaching-learning process and the different evaluative uses necessary to assess the student's progress.

Cons

The tool presents standardized content which prevents differentiating the treatment between advanced and regular students, as well as presenting differentiated content since when the group is created a signature and the access role all share the information according to the profile held by the participants, as to the interface this is not very friendly with the students since it does not have an iconography that facilitates the identification of the different options besides the menus are not intuitive that does not generate a pattern of habit on the actions within the program. layout is similar to a normal blog something that in my opinion could be improved to take more advantage of the online application.

• Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Free and Open-Source Learning Management System, flexible but not too much.

Reviewed on 22/1/2023

Moodle can be used to solve a wide range of business problems related to employee training and development, online education and e-learning, collaboration and communication, corporate compliance, and employee performance tracking and evaluation.

Pros

Centralized access to course materials.Variety of interactive and engaging activities, such as quizzes, forums, and wikis.Allows teachers to track student progress and performance, with features such as gradebook and progress tracking.Moodle's built-in tools for communication and collaboration, such as forums and messaging, can be used to facilitate online discussions and group work, even when students are not in the same physical location.Moodle can be integrated with other business systems, such as HR and payroll systems, or with online meeting tools.Moodle provides APIs and web services to allow external systems to interact with it, but this requires technical expertise to set up and may require additional development and customisation.

Cons

Moodle is generally considered to be easy to use for administrators, teachers and students, but there are some aspects of the platform that can be more difficult for certain users.For administrators:The initial setup and configuration of Moodle can be complex and time-consuming, particularly for those unfamiliar with the platform.Customising and extending Moodle's features and functionality can require technical expertise and development skills that not all administrators may have.Moodle's reporting and analysis features may be limited for some administrators and may require additional customisation and development to meet their specific needs.For teachers:Creating and organising online course materials can take time and effort.Creating and managing online assessments and quizzes can be complex and time-consuming, especially for writing questions and gradebooks for automated grading.For learners:Some of the interactive activities and resources may be more challenging for some students to use, particularly for those who are not familiar with the platform.Moodle's reporting and analytics features may be limited for some students, and they may require additional customization and development to meet specific needs.There is no possibility to adapt the learning experience to specific needs or to the real-time grade.These difficulties can be overcome providing training and support for users, which will be the only cost of the software besides the infrastructure.

Charles Boampong

Awesome Learning Management System

Reviewed on 26/3/2022

I'm overly excited about Moodle because it offers just everything to support all educational institutions to deliver high-quality services to their students.
It's unbelievable to know that you can use Moodle for free if you have your own server and technical team.

Pros

I love its flexibility to allow you to customize the UI and other features to meet your exact taste and requirement. And most importantly, it supports all kinds of projects from basic to more advanced features.

Cons

I wish the support could make available more documentation or content to address common technical problems.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Moodle's network of Service Providers are certified by Moodle's exacting standards in customer service, technical capability and include our endorsed network of 100 Moodle partners and premium partners. Providing regionally relevant expertise in customisations, hosting, support and training. Find your Moodle Partner here: https://bit.ly/3tMjSve

Moodle for University Student

Reviewed on 26/5/2020

Overall this is very good useful e- learning platform to any students specialy in lockdowne periods like in these corona pandamic days.I is very helpful to me to do my studies continuesly and I hope it will be very helpful to you.

Pros

Moodle is a very good e- learning platform which can provide best space for education between lecturer and students.That is the best part of this E-learning platform which I like most because it provide many options and facilities to lectures and students to do their teaching and learning things very easily.Specialy on lockdowne periods like these corona pandamic days I produce grate platform to do distance learning and education.There for It was very helpful to me to doing my studies continuesly without any disturb even every lectures and university was postponed and closed.My lectures was able to continuesly upload the lecture slides and videos to the moodle and it supply every facilities for do the lecture in online.I am very happy for that because it was very easy to interact with those lectur videos and slides.It was very helpful to me.And it also give the facility to lectures to create online assignments and we are able to submit our answers to it through over our profile.There for lectures able to checkout our learning progress and moodle automatically give the marks which we achieved as soon as we submit our assignments.It was very helpful to me because I can know my marks quickly there for I can ready for my next assignment very well.I really like this platform.

Cons

Still I did not found any downgrades to this platform but I do not like to Moodle mobile application.Because I has not much of function to interact with our Moodle profile like web interface.I like if this mobile or web platform inform us any new lectures or reaching a submission due dates like alarm or reminders.it has show up some notifications but still it has not this functionality which I mention previous.When I going to submit some assignment it has some file capacity limit there for I had to face many difficulties when going to compress my submission and upload it.I thought it is better to have much more uploading capacity limit than now.

Jim Paul

Moodle as a Platform for Learning Management Systems

Reviewed on 16/6/2021

I've been using Moodle for quite some time now, and I could say that so far, it has disappointed me. This is the solution educators are looking for to automate their teaching-related tasks. Also, it's the perfect application tool to bridge disconnected learners due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Distance learning has been made easier, more,enjoyable, and activity-filled! This is the future of education and now is the best time to start familiarizing ourselves with learning management systems. Why look for another platform when Moodle is the best. This is open education offered by Moodle making it free and accessible to all regardless of gender, age, status, or race. Keep it up, Moodle. Way to go!

Pros

Moodle has been my go-to platform in building my own offline LMS. Since I got trained about using Moodle, I started loving it especially now that it has been a big help for us teachers to tide over distance education.

I find the features and elements of this software as excellent for developing LMS. The fact that a lot of third party applications can be integrated to it makes this application tool top of the line. Teachers need this to make the teaching and learning process much more convenient and interesting.

With Moodle, teachers can make use of multimedia tools to pique the interest of students for a more meaningful and fun way of learning their lessons.

Cons

To be honest, Moodle is the best LMS software out there. It has all the things an educator needs to integrate ICT in their instruction. However, navigating through different buttons and functions can be a little tricky that anyone who's interested to build their own LMS through this platform should undergo a tedious job of studying and learning tutorials in using it. Although, for a person like me who's not so tech-savvy, I could say that once you get the hang of it, creating your own learning system will be a breeze.

To the company, you can still intensify your customer support to make your tutorial and troubleshooting services available to Moodle LMS enthusiasts to provide ease in using this great education software. Kudos!

Candace

My school has used Moodle for as long as I can remember, and it works well within our district!

Reviewed on 19/7/2018

Using Moodle has been--and continues to be--incredibly convenient for students and teachers alike in my district. Teachers can easily create online tests/quizzes that don't require the hassle of printing and making copies, then grading an entire stack of papers. Students can take the tests and quizzes with ease, and see the immediate results of the automatically-graded multiple choice questions (which saves teachers time, too!). Also, videos can be implanted into lessons, which is very convenient for pausing or rewinding at one's own pace if they zone out or don't understand the topic and need to hear the explanation again. My life as a student was made simpler with the use of Moodle, and I cannot recommend it enough!

Pros

Moodle makes online classwork incredibly easy to create (as a teacher), as well as simple to do and turn in (as a student). All the classes a student is enrolled in are clearly displayed, and classwork within each class is organized well. In addition, being able to immediately see how one did on a quiz/test (the multiple choice, at least) is very convenient.

Cons

When posting in a discussion/forum (my teachers called them "journal entries"), all students can see each other's responses. While this could be good for class discussion, it also makes it incredibly easy for a student to see another student's response, then copy and paste it as their own. (This happened with myself and another student, as she was copying my responses.) In smaller classrooms, this may not be much of an issue as it will be easy to spot, but in larger class sizes it can be easy for teachers to not remember every student's exact answer, and give the cheater the credit.

Samuel

Moodle is the best learning system out there

Reviewed on 28/8/2022

My experience using Moodle is good. Moodle allowed me to communicate with my instructor much more faster, finish exams much easier, and receive almost immediate feedback on my marks. The training resources are now much easier to access and use.

Pros

I have been using Moodle as a student for about six years, and it manages all of the lecture materials and online tests. It is straightforward and adaptable to use. You may search for assignments due dates, course calendars, forums, and more. Moodle's organization and ease of use are two of my favorite features. There is also a small calendar that lists the dates that particular courses' tasks are due. Another advantage of using this calendar is that it will take you directly to the assignment details, saving you the time and effort of scrolling and looking for the task that is due. Additionally, you may upload your document from your smartphone and edit your work up to a few minutes after you initially submit it, just in case, making the assignment submission process quick and easy. Similar to the submission site, the interactive Moodle discussion boards make it simple to read and assess your classmates' work and give you the chance to edit your feedback.

Cons

For a beginner, using Moodle is challenging. It is free software, but for a non-technical user, building and configuring it is challenging. I had to learn how to use all of its features and put them to good use, which took some time.

Mitchell

Moodle from a Helpdesk Perspective

Reviewed on 27/2/2015

Pros

I have been supporting faculty and students for over four years on Moodle. One of the best features is the friendliness of the LMS environment. It is fairly easy to take an adult learner with minimal online experience from the login page to submitting assignments. The second aspect on my scale is usability. The LMS is simple enough to learn without a manual. To learn some of the advanced features may take sometime to discover unless you are utilizing the user guide and then it becomes a jumping point to enhance a course even more. Working and playing with the environment with a "seek and find" approach provides a great foundation for supporting various clients.

My institution uses the hosted environment, Moodlerooms. It is a great time and budget saver as we really cannot afford a full-time position and pay what should be paid to an individual and expect the environment to be up 99%+ and 24x7. One other advantage is planned updates every 6 months. Moodlerooms is typically one version behind which gives the Moodle community time to finish shaking out all the bugs.

Cons

The one thing I dislike about the vendor is the minimal number of add-in modules provided to the institutions. There are numerous add-ins out in the Moodle user world that could be an asset to our students but are not there because of the locked down environment provided by Moodlerooms.

MARIA RENEE

Moodle helping e-learning

Reviewed on 10/6/2017

Moodle is a very useful platform for e-learning. It has everything to teach online. I can recognize 3 levels of users for this software. - The administrator who is in charge to set up the environment and moodle experience for other users. - The teacher who is going to use tools to make an online course exciting, and - The student that will enjoy the course and participate in it though the collaborative tools. If you can do the work of the 2 first levels, congratulations, you are a Moodle expert.

Pros

- You can manage a whole school or university in the academic area with Moodle and for the administrative help you have a big list of choices to get plugins or ERPs compatible with Moodle.
- If you know how to use it is a wonderful experience for the teachers and students.
- Once that you have the course online, it is a beautiful tool.
- There is a lot of documentation and forums about Moodle that can help you to solve almost every issue that you will face using it.

Cons

- It's a free software but is difficult to install and maintain for a person who is not related with IT. So a good option is get it as a SaaS (software as a Service) paying for hosting and upgrades but having the experts doing it, so you can focus in the academic area.
- You have to learn how to use it properly and it takes time.
- Prepare a course is heavy and a hard work, there are some functionalities that could help us to do it easier, like be capable us to erase or move multiple objects at the same time.

Ajay

Best Education System I've Used

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

My overall experience with Moodle is positive. The other software program that I use is Compass 2G which is inferior to Moodle when it comes to user experience and submitting assignments. The user experience of Moodle is overall great.

Pros

Moodle is a fantastic way for students to keep track of their grades, assignments, and other information regarding class. Moodle makes it easy for students to keep track of what they are supposed to be doing week-by-week.

Cons

There are not many major cons to Moodle. However the way of taking a timed exam on Moodle when it is proctored needs to be improved. When scrolling through the questions you can't see how much time you have left on the exam unless you scroll all the way up. It would also by beneficial for Moodle to have their own video conference feature.