Hubble

Reporting, analytics & planning for JD Edwards and Oracle

4.5 /5 (73 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.7
Susan G.
Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Speeds up Closing and Flexible Too!

Reviewed on 25/8/2016

I use this software so much for month end analysis and any ad hoc reporting or analysis I need, I don't know how I ever managed without it. Instead of spending time dumping data, I can focus my efforts on the analysis, where I can add real value.

Pros

It is flexible. I have not come across a request for information/analysis that I have not been able to extract and complete using the Hubble software.

Cons

Not specifically about the software, but the fact our company has not purchased more modules for us to utilize. As an add-on tool, it takes a separate task for audit review. So we are limited in the ability to use it in more areas, since it would require a separate audit review.

Zina G.

Hubble is a stress reducer!

Reviewed on 5/8/2016

Data that used to take days to get and assemble into presentable form we get in seconds with Hubble. Data is accurate and reliable. Software is very user friendly and customer service is top notch!

Pros

Easy to use, very flexable. Templates are great, but I can also customize my reports any way I need without much time and/or effort.

Cons

None

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Intuitive, Elegant and Thorough

Reviewed on 11/1/2018

real time data mining and intuitive reporting

Pros

It allows me to data mine real time and make effective business decisions based on the best data available.

Cons

It does so much, it takes a long time to learn all of the ins and outs. Having a mentor allowed me to get up to speed much faster.

Paul D.

Excellent- Has really help us streamline our processes.

Reviewed on 5/9/2017

Pros

Easy of use is the number one item we like most about this software.. Hubble has allowed us more access to our data faster and quicker, with more detail then we have ever had.

Cons

My least favorite issues I have has nothing to do with Hubble but how as a company we have set up our users. We need more access. Working on that...

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Paul for your review of Hubble. We are excited to hear that your Hubble solution has helped you gain visibility to your data in a more timely manner! Please let me know if I can be of assistance in getting you more user licenses!

Angela A.

Fun and informational

Reviewed on 4/9/2017

Pros

There is a lot of good information and it's very easy to use. The fact that users can reach out to other users is somethingbthat can come in very handy.

Cons

Some of the challenges are repetative and feel lime you are answering the same things over and over.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Angela for providing a review of Hubble's Winner's Circle - our customer advocacy platform! We are thrilled you are finding the experience of value to you and will work on making the challenges more diverse!

James P.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

User friendly + great customer service

Reviewed on 12/4/2016

We had an option to customize JDE reports vs obtaining Hubble reporting. We decided on Hubble reporting as it is so much easier and a lot more flexible than JDE could offer.

Pros

User friendly Great customer service

Cons

none that I can think of at this time

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you for your review, James. You made the right choice! We really appreciate your support and hope you continue to find value in our performance management platform. As always, contact our wonderful customer service team if you experience any issues or concerns.

Rob C.

Information Leveraging Facilitator

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

Insight is a fantastically flexible reporting tool that has enabled me to spend less time synthesizing data and more time analyzing it and sharing it with decision makers.

My only wish is that Insight would develop a capital planning tool so that I can free our organization from the boat anchor we're currently stuck with.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thanks Rob for your review of Hubble! We are pleased to hear how Hubble is saving City of Prince George valuable time and provides the flexibility you need to make quick business decisions.

Hubble strives to remove "Boat Anchors" from organizational systems and processes, so we'll reach out to discuss how we can help City of Prince George move forward!

Kevin J.

Strong product - especially finance

Reviewed on 13/4/2016

Extremely easy to use. QUick adopption, easy to identify and analyze issues and problems. Only con is high price of licensing.

John K.

What a waste

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

I attend the conference for Hubble, get excited and buy the product without reading the specs and wow, instead of giving me my money back and saying we can't do that yet, your organization decides to waste over a year of each others time trying to get it to work. Today, Hubble installed the latest version; hopefully, this one will work properly. By the way, the Hubble timing out after a few minutes of inactivity is a horrible idea as not everyone uses the software continuously for several hours.
I can keep going and was going to make it short

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thanks John for taking the time to review Hubble. We are truly sorry for the bumps you have experienced. It has always been our goal to strive not only for high customer satisfaction, but to provide a solution that helps drive business performance. We will continue to work with you to achieve both those goals and hope you are still willing to let us try and gain your confidence again in Hubble.

Zina G.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Hubble will blow your mind!

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

We've been using Hubble for 10+ years and loving it. It's a very powerful reporting and analytic's tool that saves us time and effort at moth's end, during the month and at audit time. Hubble is very user friendly, can start using it the minute it's implemented. The data is accurate and available very quickly. Integrity reports used to take us 20+ hours to run, had to do it overnight, but with Hubble we get our reports in minutes.
Can't say enough about the team behind the product. Customer service is excellent!

Pros

Power
Speed
Accuracy of data

Cons

nothing, it's really is a great product

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Zina for your mind-blowing review of Hubble! We are thrilled Hubble is there for you during audit time and that you're gaining access to your ERP data faster than previously imagined!

Blazej S.
Industry: Accounting

Hubble advantage

Reviewed on 11/8/2016

I use insight software for few years, reports crated in the system can be easily updated, formatting repotrs is being way more intuitive then few years ago, so guys are doing good job

Pros

Easy access, possiblities of creating queries and further easy updates of existing queries.

Cons

Designer Express module could have more functionalities, like adding tables to existing reports.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Joseph G.
Industry: Chemicals

Great ! I am using Hubble Edition 2 (Web), the visualization is good and easy to create.

Reviewed on 15/1/2018

Query, Analysis and Visualizations

Pros

As it uses JD Edwards tables for the data, querying becomes easy with the filters. A user can use Hubble without knowing JD Edwards tables and Business View which is very much essential for a technical report writer in JD Edwards. The inbuilt templates helps the user to just query their required information with least programming.

Cons

Hubble does not follow the naming convention followed in JD Edwards and hence the user has to create folders and files of their own. This becomes difficult as too many users create as many templates and queries in Hubble of their own naming convention.

Ian B.

Hubble Reporting and Analytics

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

The ease of use of the Reporting tool has enabled employees of a functional JDE background to write reports in half the time and negligible cost that engaging the services of a JDE developer would have entailed.

The Analytics tool has allowed us to link numerous databases to produce effective and precise reports and dashboards across our entire North American operation regardless of the source of that data - the functionality behind the data capture in both Reporting and Analytics are identical (and reports themselves are transferable) and therefore no additional training is required leaving the user with time to focus on the graphical representations of the data in the case of Analytics.

In the rare event of a problem, the support provided by Hubble is exceptional and very timely.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Ian for your review of Hubble. We are excited to see ISS using Analytics alongside Reporting and happy you find the solution easy and beneficial to use!

Mike P.

Great tool

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

Excellent tool that give me visibility to information I would struggle to get out of the ERP directly. Customer service is excellent. One thing I would like to see is more flexibility for explorer users. As an example, expand a summarized hierarchy to see details with a single click instead of having to open up each level individually. It is pretty pricey too.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Mike for your review of Hubble! We greatly appreciate your feedback and will enter your enhancement request with our development team. Very soon we plan to roll out our enhancement request platform so customers can enter their own requests and vote on them!!

Industry: Chemicals

Great Product For Reporting

Reviewed on 3/4/2018

Pros

I love the ease of use and the easy learning curve. It is really easy to use and gives quite a bit of value back to the company through use

Cons

I like to schedule reports and have them be automatically emailed out to recipients everyday. I wish this feature will be added soon

Tiffany W.

It's a good system just isn't as customizable as we'd like

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Hubble is great for doing out of the box features. But pulling large data or combining modules such as AP data and GL data into one report isn't always user friendly.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Tiffany for your Hubble Review! We appreciate your honesty and continually strive to incorporate our customer's feedback into our products.

Mike Z.

Quality Product

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

In my experience I have been very pleased with the Insight software. If I have had an issue customer support has been excellent!

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Mike for your review on Hubble! We are pleased to know that our Customer Support team provides answers you need quickly so you can move forward with your business!

Yolanda R.

Great reporting software for JDE users

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Great product! Reporting in JDE is great using Hubble. All information can be easily retrieved once easy parameters are setup. Budgeting is also much more fun using Hubble.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Yolanda for your review on Hubble! We greatly appreciate it!

Mark J.

Reviewed on 22/10/2018
Nikita S.
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Month end became more easier with Hubble

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Hubble gives real time output on the basis of data feeded. Financial reporting , MIS, forecasting, budgeting, analysis all types of financial problems are resolved with Hubble. Any type of reports can be customized with this software. Moreover consolidation and balance sheet preparation is always a nightmare for every company but with this software preparation of balance sheet is just a two minutes command.

Pros

Hubble is a one point solution for all the financial needs. Its a cloud based software and can be accessible globally. The software is very user friendly. Customization can be done for multi currency. Any variants of reports monthly, yearly, quarterly can be extracted. Further all type of financial analysis can be made with this software. Also, it can be very firmly integrated with other software.

Cons

Extracting the report takes time as to open grouping level accounting code it requires clicking on each head individually. Also chances of missing any head to open is high.

Great, flexible tool for EBS reporting

Reviewed on 28/2/2018

Pros

Quick and easy to use, allowing us to extract more data more quickly, and in a prettier format than Oracle itself or Discoverer. Greater flexibility in report-making and applying filters to ensure you only receive the information that you require. Formatting options mean there's no need for Excel manipulation once exported. Trainers, learning materials and support are all top notch.

Cons

Let me think about this one! The need to have a separate licence to create your own custom Oracle table joins

Adam P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Hubble and E1

Reviewed on 24/2/2016

We are currently evaluating potential Reporting/information solutions for the Future. Looking for a single application platform that can crunch data and provide what is seen as traditional BI analytics / dash boarding and actionable real time data for operations - users want answers to questions and the ability to pull data from multiple modules and functions within ERP that out of the box grids and views do not provide - Processes like Order to cash run directly across the traditional function architecture in ERP - "I want Sales, Inventory and Work Order Information all in a single view and I want it real time! I don't want to support a complex data warehouse environment either. Trials of Hubble have proved that you can achieve information at both levels, with the ability access summary analytics and detailed actionable data. An out of the box template for Oracle E1 (JDE) makes it quick to implement .

Pros

A fresh approach to "reporting" not shackled by legacy technology
E1 data template making it fast to implement and easier to support
A relatively simple technology layer - "Appliance Box"
No data in the Cloud
Subscription Based
An opportunity to work with a smaller but driven organisation committed to customers
Supports Multiple data sources
Mobility
Real Time data
Performance and cost effective

Cons

The ability to quickly and easily build data templates for additional data sources is still to be tested

Sharon M.
Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Insightsoftware gives you back hours in your day with the fast and efficient reporting

Reviewed on 5/8/2016

We have been using Insight software for around 5 years, it is a great support to our ERP program JD Edwards and draws information directly from the JD Edwards tables.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use, it offers great templates to get you started and these are easily configurable and saved as new reports. Reports can be emailed to others and this can also be scheduled to a distribution list. It allows us to report information out of JD Edwards that isn't that easy to get out of JD Edwards.

Cons

Formatting is pretty average but it can be fixed once in Excel

Beth T.

We love the Hubble/Insight Report tool. Our Finance reports are now being created by our Finance Dep

Reviewed on 22/8/2017

Pros

User friendly and great templates. Customer service is always very helpful to resolve any issue we may have.

Cons

Not as many Human Resoucres/Payroll templates. We would use these 2 modules more if we had more templates that worked for our company.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Beth for your review on Hubble! We are excited that your Finance Team now has the power to own their reporting needs which free's you up to do more programming and analyzing! We also appreciate your honest feedback about our HR/Payroll template offering. I will relay this information to our development team.