Datamolino

Data capture software for invoices, bills and receipts

4.9 /5 (36 reviews) Write a Review!

Steve S.

Datamolino Accounts Payable Automation

Reviewed on 20/4/2020

Pros

Integrates nicely with our Xero accounting software.
Splits our invoices by line item so it's easy to track by cost account and job.
Saves a lot of time so that as owners of our business we can really see our costs without a lot of time spent.
We are saving money by not hiring a person for this level of detail.
Great customer service, Datamolino helps us whenever we have a request.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time. The couple times we've had an issue or question, Datamolino has been able to response promptly and make adjustments as needed.

Love this App

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

The support team is super responsive and happy to answer any question no matter how obvious or complex, and they will see any issues right through to completion every time even checking back in later to see that everything is still in perfect working order down the line.

Pros

It's very easy to use, very adaptable and works great for my needs.

Cons

I had a glitch when it was pulling the wrong supplier name from an invoice but this was quickly resolved. To be honest, really hard to pick faults.

Paul C.

Datamolino is an excellent app

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

Pros

Datamolino is an excellent app that just gets on with its job and works as it's supposed to. I like the fact that it's cloud based so can be accessed from anywhere. It can read most documents we scan to it, including some of the most illegible ones, and it also handles sales as well as purchases. On the odd occasion that something goes wrong, or we have a query, the friendly support staff are always quick to respond, and go above and beyond to help us out and resolve the problem. Definitely the best support team for any software that we use.

Daniel O.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great software for automating manual financial data entry

Reviewed on 3/4/2020

Pros

Datamolina reduced the time we spend manually entering data. Easily allowing us to upload invoices and take pictures of our receipts for expenses in real-time. The recognition software is speedy and populates fields accurately. Its integration with Xero creates a complete software solution and means we can save money paying our accountant for fewer hours!

Cons

Don't really have any. It does exactly what it's supposed to

David H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Makes life easy

Reviewed on 6/4/2020

As an uploader of receipts, mostly, it could not be easier. When I occasionally need to go into the application to view or update a receipt, it's very easy to navigate.

Pros

Datamolino takes one inconvenient aspect of running a business and magics it away almost entirely. So easy to use. When I encountered a bug in image uploads early on, the support team and developers were on it straight away and released a new version of the app to fix it.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I'm always amazed how well it copes with the endless variety of receipt formats and print quality.

Marius A.

Has saved us a lot of time!

Reviewed on 13/2/2018

Pros

I forward all the invoices I receive to Datamolino and they just appear in Xero. No longer do we maintain a shared google drive folder to keep it in sync. Just send it to Datamolino and it's done.

Cons

Sometimes it detects currencies wrong. Sometimes when I scan receipts with my phone camera it fails to detect the invoice number... but those are just minor annoyances that can be quickly fixed through their site.

Erin l S.

Great product & customer service

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

Pros

Really great tool for streamlining and building efficiencies. Fantastic customer service and support.

Cons

Occasional snag when it doesn't pick up the information on an invoice correctly but easily rectified. Just need to know what to look out for.

Datamolino in our business

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Great team, always on hand to help with any issues or questions, they are open to improving their product any way they can.

Pros

Ability to send supplier bills via email. The software is very easy to set up and use, and has matured considerably with great data recognition.

Cons

The team is working on improving the recognition of US vs EU / UK date formats, this is one of the only things we need to manually fix during processing.

Brent B.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

An Excellent Tool to Automate Invoice Processing

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

The team has taken recommendations and fixed issues almost immediately. I am in Datamolino every single day and can't imagine working without it. The rep I work with directly, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], regularly reaches out to make sure everything is going smoothly and is always looking for ways to improve Datamolino.

Pros

Datamolino has helped expedite and automate invoice management and processing immensely! I was tasked with decreasing the time it takes to process invoices. While we can't automate the process entirely, it has increased our efficiency and accuracy.

Cons

Any issues I've had, the team is very quick to respond and explain or fix the problem. Due to time zone differences, updates may be scheduled while I'm still working, but that has only been an issue once or twice in four months.

Zoe H.
  • Industry: Accounting

Helps put efficiency into our daily workload

Reviewed on 24/11/2017

Pros

It has helped with our internal processes, providing accuracy and efficiency at the book-keeping level. This allows us to work on more clients and focus on the higher level reporting and advisory service

Cons

I'd like to see some automation on splitting of costs across a split allocation - something i am currently in discussions on.

Excellent service with amazing customer service

Reviewed on 24/7/2018

Pros

Datamolino offer a service which alleviates a great deal of data processing on my end and free's up a lot of time. The customer service team have helped me on a number of occasions and have gone way above my expectations.

Cons

Any negatives I have had in the past I have requested assistance from Datamolino on and they have been improved upon.

• Industry: Accounting

Very happy with the product

Reviewed on 21/5/2018

Pros

Excellent customer service. Well done :)
They are very quick to answer chats, sort out problems
Highly recommended

Cons

NOTHING

Margaret C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Datamolino is our preferred Purchase invoice processor - we love it!

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

Pros

We love that duplicates are shown up so that we do not waste time on invoices sent twice by clients and that scanned paperwork that is not an invoice is also put to one side and identified.
We also love that the invoices already sent through to Xero are shown on the home page

Cons

We would like to be able to default our preferred method of calculating tax ie 'send exact tax amount'- we do not want Xero calculating tax

Good clean App

Reviewed on 4/12/2017

Does what it says
Always good customer support and the documents come through clear and concise

Cons

They could add an expense claim feature where all the bills from a single user for a period like a week or a month can be bundled together as one expense claim and pushed to Xero.

Justin D.

Definitely Recommend - these guys are great and very flexible.

Reviewed on 17/5/2016

We had some unique challenges in our business and saw these guys as being a great option to deliver our customers what they needed.

Their technology was very unique, in it allowed processing of documents other providers just couldn't do.

They also provided excellent access to support and technicians directly as needed to help us with integration.

Pros

- Very comprehensive.
- Very flexible
- Constantly improving and developing
- They hit the timelines and milestones they state (very rare!)

Cons

- We had no negative issues or cons with these guys.

Carol W.

Datamolino never fails me

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Pros

I have been using Datamolino for a while and it is really easy to understand, set up, and use. The customer service is fantastic.

The accuracy is really good, yes things do not always come out correctly, but there is a smiple system to tell them where the problems are and they are dealt with quickly and efficiently.

With all software, things go wrong, but you can be assured the staff at Datamolino will be more than willing to listen to the issues, will get back to you in moments, and the development team really do listen and take your suggestions seriously.

Cons

Ocacsionally I have made the silly mistake of uploading a whole file more than once, and realise as I have dragged it into the box, but before I confirm. the problem is the file starts it upload immediately so I have to remember to let it finish and go back in and delete it. The development have said they are looking into a way to have a second confirm level so that does not happen. All my doing not theirs, but the only issue I have with the software.

Tom P.
  • Industry: Maritime

Great Product, Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 29/4/2020

I would recommend Datamolino to anyone looking to take the repetitiveness out of manual data entry. I can't praise their customer service enough. The chat box in the lower right hand corner of the screen is always answered promptly and they go out of their way to help whenever they can.

Pros

Fully automated compared to other competitors. Great UI.

Cons

Price, but with everything - you get what you pay for. I switched for a time to try and safe money but ended up coming back to these guys as the other software increased my workflow due to lack of automation.

Steven S.

Datamolino - Does What It Says On The Tin

Reviewed on 30/3/2020

I wanted to put on record not only what a great product Datamolino is, but they were one of the first companies to help us in a really difficult time. As a pub we use them to scrub all our invoices before passing them into Xero. The scrub has become better and better over time and saves me a huge amount of time. I used to use one of the other "scrubbers" so to speak, but found Datamolino much simpler to use and their app more user friendly. If we ever get the world back on tilt, we certainly will support this company as they have supported us, unlike some other well known suppliers.

Pros

Easy To Use and does exactly what it's designed to do.

Cons

Nothing. The product is easy to use. I'd liek an easier way to switch between companies on the app is about the only thing.

Robbert S.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Amazingly time saving and user friendly software

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

Saved hours in data entry, learns patterns in invoices from suppliers so save even more time on top of automatically reading invoice amounts, dates etc.

Pros

So easy to learn what to do. Integrates with our Xero software seamlessly. The technology behind the software is outstanding saving me hours a month in data entry. The multiple lines per invoice feature is a life saver

Cons

No complaints with Datamolino, much easier to use than other pieces of software I've used for this type of work

Datamolino is the best!

Reviewed on 20/10/2017

Pros

I have been using it for over a year now, staff love it and clients love it.
Easy to use, fast, reliable and accurate. A good pricing model means its cheap to use, and it can process sales invoices too. The support is probably the best I have come across with any Xero add-on. Quick response rates, and they are happy to pick up the phone to you too, and a really nice team as well. Couldn't recommend this strongly enough.

Cons

The hardest thing about recommending it to clients is that they often haven't heard of it, but have heard of their competitors so assume their competitors are better. However, the name is becoming more and more prominent, and with recent recognition from Xero, as one of just nine XeroHQ integrated apps, I believe their brand will continue to get stronger and stronger.

Vivienne neale D.

Easy, secure, convenient and time-saving

Reviewed on 10/1/2018

Pros

My receipts don't get screwed up, lost etc. I can easily check if something has already been uploaded and my book keepers can work on my expense claims etc. whenever it suits them. I am in the habit of uploading the minute I get a receipt as it takes seconds. HIhgly recommended

Cons

I guess the pricing is a little off-putting for some but it depends on your needs. Be open minded and don't fear change.

Nigel W.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

• Used Other for 1+ year

Does what it says on the tin...

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Pros

One of those rare pieces of software that does what it needs to quietly, efficiently and effectively needing very little maintenance or intervention.

Our incoming bills get forwarded by email to Datamolino and shortly after they pop up in Xero ready to be approved and paid.

Cons

Nothing to complain about! It's always just worked! And when we've one or two small issues the support team have helped us out.

• Industry: Accounting

Support staff - Always ready to help and always very knowledgable

Reviewed on 14/3/2018

Pros

The support staff are amazing, their passion to resolve any issues and ensure that customer is happy is key.

Cons

It would be great to have a "cancel" option once the invoices are selected for uploading so that the invoices that don't need to be uploaded aren't.

Jason C.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 10/8/2018

Pros

Data Extraction is very good, the software is easy to use, chat support feature is excellent and very responsive. A very good solution.

Cons

I would like to see the software allow the functionality to add a markup to costs for recharge customers from within the software rather than having to do that as a secondary exercise from within in the accounts software application. I also had an issue being able to mark the costs as billable but it seems that is a browser issue rather than Datamolino