Datamolino

Data capture software for invoices, bills and receipts

4.9 /5 (36 reviews) Write a Review!
4.9
4.6
4.8
4.9
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Does what it says on the tin...

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Pros

One of those rare pieces of software that does what it needs to quietly, efficiently and effectively needing very little maintenance or intervention.

Our incoming bills get forwarded by email to Datamolino and shortly after they pop up in Xero ready to be approved and paid.

Cons

Nothing to complain about! It's always just worked! And when we've one or two small issues the support team have helped us out.

Industry: Accounting

Support staff - Always ready to help and always very knowledgable

Reviewed on 14/3/2018

Pros

The support staff are amazing, their passion to resolve any issues and ensure that customer is happy is key.

Cons

It would be great to have a "cancel" option once the invoices are selected for uploading so that the invoices that don't need to be uploaded aren't.

Jason C.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 10/8/2018

Pros

Data Extraction is very good, the software is easy to use, chat support feature is excellent and very responsive. A very good solution.

Cons

I would like to see the software allow the functionality to add a markup to costs for recharge customers from within the software rather than having to do that as a secondary exercise from within in the accounts software application. I also had an issue being able to mark the costs as billable but it seems that is a browser issue rather than Datamolino

Tim P.
Industry: Education Management

An intelligent approach to document recongition

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 8/3/2019

Datamolino provides a more accurate and reliable document recognition system than Xero's inbuilt "email to bill" option which is invaluable if you have large document volumes or complex supplier setups. The Datamolino team is also the most responsive and attentive we have dealt with in the XERO eco-sphere.

Pros

Datamolino's "fingerprint" approach to establishing new suppliers works really well. You engage with real people and you can converse with them to get the standard setup to exactly what you want. The team is responsive and customer service is excellent. You don't have to compromise or work around the limitations of AI or computer generated document recognition, which his really helpful.

Cons

The integration with other XERO apps wasn't always seamless, but the potential with, for example, ApprovalMax is huge if you persevere. Sometimes you get tripped up as all three apps (XERO, Datamolino and ApprovalMax) start trying to do each other's jobs. Also, from here in the Southern hemisphere, connection and response speeds tended to be slower than for XERO (hosted locally) as Datamolino lives in Europe.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Cosmetics

Your Virtual Automated Bookkeeper

Reviewed on 14/8/2020

Very impressed with the personal customer service and the speed of development. Highly recommended if you want to save time on invoice entry.

Pros

Datamolino has saved us so much time over the years. It allowed us to focus on building the business and creating better product rather than bookkeeping and entering invoices. It's fast, accurate and has many features that beat all the competition.

Cons

Any issues that we have had have been dealt with quickly.

Thomas michael S.

Love this software

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

couldn't recommend it enough

Pros

easy to use
great app
amazing support
reliabillity

Cons

sometimes price, occasionally makes mistakes on OCR

Industry: Cosmetics

Easy to set up and use

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

Good product, worked out more affordable than others and so easy to manage for multi client account.
Only reason I am closing my account is that it is not longer needed.

Pros

The support is excellent, on hand in moments whenever I have had questions
The system integrates well with Xero and is easy to negotiate around client folders and to export pdf reports too.

Cons

The only real edit I needed to do once the bill was in Xero was splitting into multiple line items which would be a nice addition.

Industry: Accounting

Effective, efficient and will save you time

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

Pros

Customer support is second to none, they really go the extra mile
Fast and accurate invoice processing
Email address to send invoices to is a big time saver
Virtually immediate synchronisation with Xero

Cons

Receipts aren't handled so well and can be slow to process /can fail to process
Multi page documents don't always process so easily

Sue H.
Industry: Financial Services

Datamolino is a great add-on which speeds up our Bookkeeping processes

Reviewed on 28/2/2018

Pros

It's really easy to use and the customer support is fantasic! Our questions are always answered within minutes and once the initial 'fingerprint' of an invoices has been set up the processing of subsequent invoices are very efficient.

Cons

Being able to report from Datamolino would be useful eg. supplier reporting, though you can do this from your accounting software.

Tessa W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Excellent Support

Reviewed on 12/1/2018

Pros

Very easy to import documents via a variety of methods and the customer support is excellent. The supplier automation set up is great as once done its even quicker to review and export documents into your account package

Cons

If the resolution of scanned documents is too low then incorrect data can be picked up which can be annoying when having to review and correct docs but then again, its up to you to scan a high res image!!!

Mireya Z.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Datamolino is a great Organizing Software

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

Its been great! Highly recommend the service!

Pros

Very easy to use and helps us organize our accounts payable accounts.

Cons

Proofreading can take a bit sometimes but its worth it as the software wants to make sure the documents are not duplicated.

Stacey A.

Another rare find. Amazing customer service and amazing value!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 27/6/2018

Pros

If I could put a person's name here I would. Hands down one of the best customer service teams I have ever encountered. They helped me get setup, handle my multiple business entities and folder structure, etc. A great tool

Cons

User Interface is not flashy. But it doesn't need to be. Just wish it was a bit more inviting in that regards.

Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Easy to use and powerful

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

Pros

Straightforward and powerful system; takes the pain out of entering invoices.

Cons

Extra charges for line-item extraction and multi-currency support may be an issue for some users.

Claire W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Can't recommend enough!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 19/1/2018

Pros

Datamolino has helped make my job easier! As I don't generate my invoices from QuickBooks, I needed a software that can take my invoices, gather all of the relevant information and format this correctly into QuickBooks. Datamolino was so easy to set up and even easier to use! If I ever have any problems, they are always on hand with their online chat to help. They are polite, friendly and really professional. I would recommend Datamolino to anyone and everyone!

Brent B.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

An Excellent Tool to Automate Invoice Processing

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

The team has taken recommendations and fixed issues almost immediately. I am in Datamolino every single day and can't imagine working without it. The rep I work with directly, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], regularly reaches out to make sure everything is going smoothly and is always looking for ways to improve Datamolino.

Pros

Datamolino has helped expedite and automate invoice management and processing immensely! I was tasked with decreasing the time it takes to process invoices. While we can't automate the process entirely, it has increased our efficiency and accuracy.

Cons

Any issues I've had, the team is very quick to respond and explain or fix the problem. Due to time zone differences, updates may be scheduled while I'm still working, but that has only been an issue once or twice in four months.

Excellent service with amazing customer service

Reviewed on 24/7/2018

Pros

Datamolino offer a service which alleviates a great deal of data processing on my end and free's up a lot of time. The customer service team have helped me on a number of occasions and have gone way above my expectations.

Cons

Any negatives I have had in the past I have requested assistance from Datamolino on and they have been improved upon.

Zoe H.
Industry: Accounting

Helps put efficiency into our daily workload

Reviewed on 24/11/2017

Pros

It has helped with our internal processes, providing accuracy and efficiency at the book-keeping level. This allows us to work on more clients and focus on the higher level reporting and advisory service

Cons

I'd like to see some automation on splitting of costs across a split allocation - something i am currently in discussions on.

Industry: Accounting

Very happy with the product

Reviewed on 21/5/2018

Pros

Excellent customer service. Well done :)
They are very quick to answer chats, sort out problems
Highly recommended

Cons

NOTHING

Margaret C.
Industry: Accounting

Datamolino is our preferred Purchase invoice processor - we love it!

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

Pros

We love that duplicates are shown up so that we do not waste time on invoices sent twice by clients and that scanned paperwork that is not an invoice is also put to one side and identified.
We also love that the invoices already sent through to Xero are shown on the home page

Cons

We would like to be able to default our preferred method of calculating tax ie 'send exact tax amount'- we do not want Xero calculating tax

Good clean App

Reviewed on 4/12/2017

Does what it says
Always good customer support and the documents come through clear and concise

Cons

They could add an expense claim feature where all the bills from a single user for a period like a week or a month can be bundled together as one expense claim and pushed to Xero.

Justin D.
Industry: Internet

Definitely Recommend - these guys are great and very flexible.

Reviewed on 17/5/2016

We had some unique challenges in our business and saw these guys as being a great option to deliver our customers what they needed.

Their technology was very unique, in it allowed processing of documents other providers just couldn't do.

They also provided excellent access to support and technicians directly as needed to help us with integration.

Pros

- Very comprehensive.
- Very flexible
- Constantly improving and developing
- They hit the timelines and milestones they state (very rare!)

Cons

- We had no negative issues or cons with these guys.

Carol W.

Datamolino never fails me

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Pros

I have been using Datamolino for a while and it is really easy to understand, set up, and use. The customer service is fantastic.

The accuracy is really good, yes things do not always come out correctly, but there is a smiple system to tell them where the problems are and they are dealt with quickly and efficiently.

With all software, things go wrong, but you can be assured the staff at Datamolino will be more than willing to listen to the issues, will get back to you in moments, and the development team really do listen and take your suggestions seriously.

Cons

Ocacsionally I have made the silly mistake of uploading a whole file more than once, and realise as I have dragged it into the box, but before I confirm. the problem is the file starts it upload immediately so I have to remember to let it finish and go back in and delete it. The development have said they are looking into a way to have a second confirm level so that does not happen. All my doing not theirs, but the only issue I have with the software.

Tom P.
Industry: Maritime

Great Product, Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 29/4/2020

I would recommend Datamolino to anyone looking to take the repetitiveness out of manual data entry. I can't praise their customer service enough. The chat box in the lower right hand corner of the screen is always answered promptly and they go out of their way to help whenever they can.

Pros

Fully automated compared to other competitors. Great UI.

Cons

Price, but with everything - you get what you pay for. I switched for a time to try and safe money but ended up coming back to these guys as the other software increased my workflow due to lack of automation.

Steven S.
Industry: Hospitality

Datamolino - Does What It Says On The Tin

Reviewed on 30/3/2020

I wanted to put on record not only what a great product Datamolino is, but they were one of the first companies to help us in a really difficult time. As a pub we use them to scrub all our invoices before passing them into Xero. The scrub has become better and better over time and saves me a huge amount of time. I used to use one of the other "scrubbers" so to speak, but found Datamolino much simpler to use and their app more user friendly. If we ever get the world back on tilt, we certainly will support this company as they have supported us, unlike some other well known suppliers.

Pros

Easy To Use and does exactly what it's designed to do.

Cons

Nothing. The product is easy to use. I'd liek an easier way to switch between companies on the app is about the only thing.

Robbert S.
Industry: Media Production
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Amazingly time saving and user friendly software

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

Saved hours in data entry, learns patterns in invoices from suppliers so save even more time on top of automatically reading invoice amounts, dates etc.

Pros

So easy to learn what to do. Integrates with our Xero software seamlessly. The technology behind the software is outstanding saving me hours a month in data entry. The multiple lines per invoice feature is a life saver

Cons

No complaints with Datamolino, much easier to use than other pieces of software I've used for this type of work