Teachable

Create, publish, manage and monetize online teaching courses

4.4 /5 (108 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.1
4.3
3.9
Industry: Public Safety

Teachable--- Hosting Your Online Classes

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

My overall experience with Teachable has been very positive. Responsive customer support, improved features, and excellent onboarding training. My only frustration is the inability to auto-schedule blog posts.

Pros

I've been a Teachable user for a few years (I was a user when the name was Fedora). Since then, Teachable has been one of the most mentioned names for online course creators. One of the things I like best about Teachable is how easy it is to use the platform. In a matter of time, you can create an online course, including curriculum and media. This is super convenient for both the novice online course creator and the more experienced ones. It's a time saver!

Cons

Since 2019, the blog feature of being able to auto-schedule posting has not worked. I've placed support tickets to address the issue, but as of this writing (Feb 2020), the feature still isn't working. I write blog content well in advance and was able to schedule blog posts with ease. Now I have to set a reminder to go into my Teachable account to manually post the blog. This is not ideal.

Donna B.

Good features; Limited support

Reviewed on 26/8/2020

I'll continue using Teachable, now that I've gone up the learning curve. I wish creating a course were a little more intuitive.

Pros

After watching some tutorials and spending a bit of time, I was able to get the hang of creating online course through Teachable. They have good features like affiliate marketer enabling, adding a coaching service, and a backoffice bookkeeping option. They also offer a 30-day money back guarantee.

Cons

It's difficult to get live support, and the website offers no help in marketing your materials. It's nearly impossible to find your class in a google search.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Zeb S.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

HQ Video or Global Customers find another platform

Reviewed on 3/10/2020

At first it was good overall. Given the first and third issue above I'm moving to another platform ASAP, I hope this review helps inform others before making a choice.

Pros

The payment gateway and ease of setting up courses. It is easy to get started and the onboarding example courses and content was very helpful.

Cons

This is a new con for me. Teachable no longer has unlimited video file size! They used to market unlimited, but that changed to under 4GB if I remember correctly and now they have a hard limit of 2GB. They made this change with NO NOTIFICATION to customers. My customers pay a lot for the content and we deliver 30min+ HD lectures, now we have to leave the platform. If you are thinking "Just use Vimeo to host" that is an extra $600/year to Vimeo to do that.

My second issue is navigating the payment end is complicated when you have customers that forgot to add a coupon (especially for a subscription) or if a customer misses a payment there is very little you can do.

Third, my customer based has grown significantly in EU. Our coaching or live lecture courses aren't required to collect VAT. Teachable collects it anyways and it's up to the customer to get their money back vs not charging them in the first place.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Rune E.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Teachable, a platform for selling your courses

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

I have used Teachable for years. It is one really simple solution for putting products out there, online, without much time wasted, or headaches. I can totally vouch for it and it is used by many serious players because it works so good.

Pros

I love teachable. It makes it wasy for any user to add a product and sell it online. Compared to a lot of other self hosted solutions, Teachable makes it easy to start with selling right out of the bat. Just add your content, and adjust a few tweaks, add price. And voila, information product for sale, without you needed to know any coding or any website creation knowledge.

Cons

I don't have much to say in the negative about this platform.
It plain and simple works, and has good fees.
Only think I can think of is better design control. If they add that and also some conversion boosters that might be a thing to note, which I thought was missing.

Industry: Real Estate

Fast Start for Online Courses

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

I advise anyone who would like to sell his or her online courses. It has very user friendly interface.

Pros

It has a free plan and you can test most of significant features of the application

Cons

So important some of features are closed in free plan

Tim M.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Teachable is a forward-thinking Learning Management System with a great team behind it.

Reviewed on 22/6/2018

This software helps me have a modern and useful course for my users. It takes out the management of affiliates, authentication, and other essential components that would be a pain to build.

Pros

Teachable has so much functionality I expect from my Learning Management System. And the support/team behind it empowers me to provide beautiful courses to my users. Its coupon functionality, homepage design, and course builder are intuitive and powerful. Just recently they have made it possible to give students a certificate for completing the course, which has long been a request of our users.

Cons

I wish there was more API functionality through Teachable. There are useful webhooks, but manipulating data within the platform is limited.

Suzanne S.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

I would like to like it more

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 6/10/2020

The organization and the platform set up are good. The login process is seriously flawed.

Pros

I like that you can track where you are in the course and easily download resources. I like how easy it is to have the lessons structured in a logical manner, and to have different types of resources available to students.

Cons

When I see a course that I want to sign up for that is housed on Teachable, I groan.

I know it is going to take me several minutes to be able to actually start consuming the course, because even though I already have a student account, it is going to ask me to verify my sign-in. This is even though I get my login info correct. No matter what, I always have to verify my login, and either type in a code or click on a link in an email that I have to wait for.

It shouldn't be this hard, and if you are signing in on a previously used device, you should not have to go through the same sequence as you need to if you are using a new-to-Teachable device. At the very least, there should be an option to not have to verify the sign-in for two to four weeks.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Rocky K.

Teachable is fantastic if you need to get a course up and running without the technical know-how

Reviewed on 3/10/2017

Pros

The two LMS platforms I recommend to entrepreneurs are Teachable/Thinkific. Everything around a online course can be built on Teachable. That way, you can focus on making course content and teaching your students.

Cons

The lack of mobile responsiveness, and embedded content is hit or miss. I had trouble embedding a online form for quiz taking, and the workaround didn't work.

Baidhurya M.

Rating only

Reviewed on 13/9/2017

Anissa C.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: Self Employed

Great for basic course creation

Reviewed on 1/2/2019

I like Teachable for creating simple courses to make money off of. Design wise, they could allow for more page builder features that would allow users to create more beautiful sales pages. Additionally, the e-mail drip notifications are all UTC+0 and that can be very confusing for anyone outside the timezone. Being able to set our own timezone and schedule emails without worrying about time conversion is helpful.

Pros

I like that this is very easy to use and user friendly. I found it quite easy to use when creating courses.

Cons

Even with the Power Editor, the design features for sales pages could be better.

Kim G.

I love it!

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

I’m very pleased with Teachable, the experience, Teachable U, the FB group, I’m very excited about taking my school to the next level.

Pros

I just love Teachable! It has everything I wanted and has been so easy to use.

Cons

I do not like the new sales page update. That’s probably because I’ve only used it once and am just unfamiliar with it.

Sarah C.

Worth Using this Teaching Platform

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Pros

Always adding more features, ongoing improvement, lots of course management options, a field standard

Cons

Some usability is limited, or you need to upgrade to most fully use this online course teaching platform

Barbi G.
Industry: Internet

Teachable is a great option for creating course content.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 6/2/2018

I love the features offered when creating course content. They are one step ahead of the competition in creating a wonderful customer experience. They offer plenty of support documentation to help you if you have questions. Easily integrates with Convertkit as well as other third party programs.

Pros

Teachable makes it easy to set up a course in a small amount of time. The sites look professional when creating them, adding to the customer experience. Additional options are available with each plan level. They also now offer secured site certificates on your sites at no additional cost.

Cons

Pricing on higher level packages could be better so more people can access and showcase their content skills in the form of courses.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Intuitive and great value

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 3/12/2019

I was investigating learning platforms and this one had great reviews, reasonable pricing, and really stood out.

Pros

It is easy to use, and a really great value. I like how the certificates of completion are built right into the platform.

Cons

Not much bad I can say about it. The pricing structure is so much better than something like Kajabi (although I believe Kajabi has better marketing features). It's a great platform to get started with.

Andrés W.
Industry: Packaging & Containers

I didn't know I could be a teacher

Reviewed on 19/9/2020

I started using Teachable as a test. I thought maybe I could teach the things I know by being a sales executive for more than 15 years. It seems some people trusted me on that and Im know a part time teacher! All thanks to Teachable.

Pros

It's really easy to create courses, tests and to integrate other softwares to the app.
Teachable is really famous in the world of e learning. That helps me get a lot of clients.
I can teach from home!

Cons

You need a lot of time to prepare courses and tests. The learning curve is really big, but it worths it.

Manjot S.

Great software for both students and teachers!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 19/5/2018

Pros

Easy to use - very simple layout and efficient user interface to navigate website and app.
Can be customised - you can edit curriculums and lectures easily.
Value for money - great for the price.

Cons

None I can think off really, although I did find it was slightly expensive, however, the value you get makes up for it.

Industry: Sports

Good as a starter platform

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 16/7/2019

Pros

For someone who just wants to create content and have a place to store it, this. could be for you. It's not costly, you can create courses and store them free (cost is paid upon enrollments). For a starter or simple course platform it gets the job done.

Cons

For one who wants to create professional courses online, build up your budget and use a higher end platform that has more features and gives you more functionality.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jess B.

Simple Online Course Option for Non-Techy People

Reviewed on 13/5/2018

I love that there's a free option and that it's pretty easy to use.

Pros

I really like Teachable. I think it's awesome they have a free option and the paid options have helpful features at a decent price point. I like that it's easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I can't think of is that it's not as customizable as I'd like it to be. Overall though, it does what I need it to.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Valeria S.
Industry: Translation & Localisation

Review of an user

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 23/5/2019

I have used this platform to study from several online courses. Extremely easy to use.

Pros

I found this software to be extremely easy to use as a student, I have used it for multiple online courses. The interface is very user-friendly, colorful interface, and quite a simple as well.

Cons

I have found no cons about this software.

Frank J.

Teachable schools

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Using Teachable, you can create your own school online - not just a single course. This makes it easier to offer a series of courses and programs that build upon each other.

Industry: Management Consulting

Teachable offers a user friendly plug and play option for courses

Reviewed on 7/1/2019

Pros

Integrations, ease of use, affiliate options.

Cons

Not very many templates available and lack of unique branding for basic plan.

Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

I absolutely LOVE this course creation and course selling platform!

Reviewed on 19/9/2020

I love the professional look of Teachable and I think that makes students feel more comfortable buying online courses from "your average Joe".

Pros

For starters, it is great that you can creaet a course and put it on Teachable for free to test drive the platform and see if it will be a good fit for you and your students. I like that the platform is easy to use, customizable, NOT CLUNKY, and is professional looking.

Cons

The pricing might be a bit much if you're just starting out as a course creator and aren't sure if you're course is going to sell out the way you want it to. Other than that, there really isn't anything bad I can say about Teachable. They've done a great job creating a platform that makes it easy for anyone to sell a course they've created.

Peter C.

I love Teachable

Reviewed on 30/5/2019

I teach small-business owners sales and marketing skills via online courses. When I first crossed over from a Wordpress platform with 80 lectures, each containing video, text, PDFs, and soundtracks - the entire crossover process was completed in a day. Easy work - just lots of it. That was three years ago. Since then I've seen more than 100 students set up their own schools. They all rave about the platform.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use. Very fast to deploy a complete course with almost zero technical skill. fast and comprehensive support. Their free pricing offers a zero cost startup. It's so good that I introduce Teachable to every student I teach.

Cons

I love their concern about security. Just sometimes, and this is not a complaint, I offend by logging in from a different machine. That invokes two-factor authorization. It's not a problem at all, of course, but it's the feature I like least. Call me lazy.

Meiby P.

One versatileLLMS

Reviewed on 27/3/2018

In my experience it is a great teaching platforms, because it allows me to concentrate only on the part of teaching because I do not know much about programming or program updates since the same tool takes care of that and I can concentrate only on the knowledge that they want to give. Can be flexibility for the different audiencia nivel.

Pros

It has several important features but among the most outstanding is very easy to use since the platform is very intuitive and does not correspond a great challenge to use it, besides having a large number of tools from which I can attend the student as for example the power create blogs and finally their different forms of payment gateways can affiliate with different accounts being an excellent option.

Cons

It is an excellent platform because it is simple for both the teacher and the student, adapting to the preferences of the author of the course giving a great capacity for organization over the various contents.

Hanah S.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Create Courses Quickly

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Overall, I love creating content with this site. If you have questions, they can help you and help you figure it out. The emails they send with helpful tips and information is great. This site is wonderful for anyone who wants to teach other people information that is valuable.

Pros

I like this software and how I can create courses and content for other people. The site has loads of information and they will also email you simple articles to help you with creating content. I like the helpful tips and how useful they are. I also like how I can put my information on slides, so I can create my courses. I have loads of ideas, so I want to make courses for people to understand. This site has tools that I can add to my content course slides which allows me to be creative for each one.

Cons

It can overwhelm someone at first especially if you just started. The site has loads of areas and boxes. I wish they would minimize just some of the work areas for people who just started with the site. The dashboard main area to do my work on just seems a bit overwhelming. It would be nice if the area didn't have so much on it and the person could click to decrease some of the options on the dashboard fast.