REALTRAC

68 Software options

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Easy Use Some features no one else has

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Excellent quoting and shop floor management. All part documents in one place.

Pros

Ease of Use, Document control. You are able to make prints and any other documents available like packaging instructions to the shop floow without confusion

Cons

Reporting needs to continue to improve. Some reports are clunky. Not easy to customize

I Highly Recommend Realtrac

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

Pros

- Able to take care of all aspects of the business in one place. Scheduling, ordering, and especially job tracking.
- Has good flow from one area to another
- Nice user interface
- Rightboard is great to be able to show what we have and schedule
- Great customer support

Cons

Bouncing between tabs can be cumbersome
Would like to be able to delete quotes
Forms can be difficult to customize

Shane M.
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Realtrac use in a machine shop and fabrication environment.

Reviewed on 6/5/2019

The main benefit that we have seen from this software is the ability to understand and verify our profit margins on each job, while also holding our shop employees to performance standards throughout each work day.

Pros

Looking up old and current estimates and jobs is very easy. There are numerous search fields that allow you to search by description, part #, drawing #, customer name and customer PO #. You can also look up jobs and estimates within a given date range. I also like the different reporting functions, including labor cost breakdowns per job, as well as being able to lookup and report on individual employee performance within any given date/time range.

Cons

The GUI is somewhat dated aesthetically. Making changes to templates could be made easier to do. When populating and defining router steps on an estimate, the order of operations sometimes get switched around unintentionally, and have to be fixed.

Nicole B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Realtrac Rocks

Reviewed on 23/7/2020

Realtrac has made our daily tracking much easier and quicker!!

Pros

I am completely satisfied with how easy it was to get this new software set up with the help of the Realtrac Technical Support Team. Since we installed the newest version of software we have found so many new ways to utilize the program and make our lives much easier to track progress.

Cons

The only issues I have ran across would be the new fields and how to move around and find the correct reports I need to run.

Jane S.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Need more flexibility in reports

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Overall ok, but can't get answers from technical support on custom reports.

Pros

Quality section is easy to use.

Cons

We need more flexibility in reports. I have unanswered questions from several months ago on a report showing total dollar value of estimates created in a month. Also, would like a report with open jobs/dollar amount/location and be able to mark as priority. I would like a report that lists the priority jobs with dollar amount and location in the job process.

Mary L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

RealTrac is on the Real Track

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

In general a good product.

Pros

Mostly the software is easy to use and gives us all the job costing and production information we need. Its ability to export to QuickBooks is great.

Cons

Designing reports can be cumbersome, especially since this is not an everyday task for us.

Jeff C.

It gets the job done

Reviewed on 6/8/2018

Pros

This software makes it easy to keep track of time spent on jobs

Cons

The inventory feature doesn't integrate smoothly with Quickbooks

Scott M.

SNX Precision Feedback

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Running with minimal staff, machine uptimes are higher.

Pros

Ability to quote materials, and generate PO's from the quote has been a timesaver. the Rightboard is also a tool that helps to get jobs prepared which keeps the uptime on the machines high.

Cons

Inventory, cost accounting has not worked as well as I had hoped. The complex job has not worked for our business which when I purchased the software I thought it would be an advantage for what we were trying to achieve.

• Industry: Machinery

Finally a shop management program that works for a Job Shop

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Realtrac has really helped organize our shop without creating extra work for our employees.

Pros

It is extrememly customizeable - You determine how much of each portion of the program really applies to your situation.

Cons

Would really like to see a way to archive old Jobs. Our daily backup is over 50Gb

Response from Mindbridge Systems

Hello,

Thank you for posting your review. We have noticed that you posted as private, but i would like to reach out to you to show you how to archive the old jobs that you speak of as a con. This is a very easy process. Please contact me at 734-793-3816 when you have a moment.

Jeremy Klosowski

Daniel W.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

First ERP experience

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Pros

The software seems very comprehensive and is always improving. RealTrac queries customers and listens to suggestions and incorporates them as demand warrants. It is a statement to their dedication to customer satisfaction. The parts of the software I have used is very well done.

Cons

It seems they "manually" configure the window instead of letting Windows do it. As a result, the minimize/maximize/close buttons have duplicates in the middle of the window and when I maximize the window, I loose a little, because it doesn't recognize the I have my task bar on the right.

Also, the report generator could be a little more user friendly. I am pretty computer literate/power user and I have not really been able to figure it out, or get deep enough to find out that its' easy, which is a testament to the difficulty .

Response from Mindbridge Systems

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for your review. We strive to provide excellent customer service and we rely on our customer¿s ideas and suggestions to drive our developments. We are happy that you have experienced our customer-centered approach. In regards to your reference to the configuration of windows, our technical team will be reaching out to you shortly as this has changed in a more recent release.

Jeremy Klosowski

Dave P.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

review of Realtrac

Reviewed on 14/5/2019

Realtrac helped get our shop scheduling more accurate and organized. We can have work line up in our machines even if the job has other operations to be performed prior. With the color coding we know what is available for machining and what is not. Pictures of the parts help quickly find them at a glance.

Pros

I like the combination with Right Board. Visual aide is nice.

Cons

I would like to have more flexibility with the time estimates. More concerned that an operator makes overall time on his operation.(Run plus set up) If they go over on their set up time the screen goes red and I believe it stays red for the rest of the job. If I'm wrong on this please let me know.

Kelsey H.

Realtrac Review

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Overall, it provides us with information that we need to run our company successfully.

Pros

I like that this software has easy search functions, is user friendly, stores a variety of information, and has multiple report functions.

Cons

The reports are horrible. Any report you run in excel has these merge functions which doesn't allow you to transfer information to another excel sheet. I always have to copy and paste one line at a time. I have requested for Realtrac to improve these report but I have not seen anything updated.

Christi G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great System

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

Havent had an issue that I couldnt pick up the phone and call the Realtrac team and them not be able to help right away. Very pleased

Pros

Everything

Cons

No Cons

Good but needs improvements

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Great support and friendly service

Pros

Easy to use and get set up for an ERP system

Cons

Reporting is less than desirable, I would like more in reporting and scheduling.

Scott M.

Needs improvement

Reviewed on 23/2/2017

We've been using realtrac for several months. It has helped us keep track of our work load and costs efficiently. I would like to see help buttons when there are issues with purchase order or invoices not posting. It would be nice if the software gave some explanations as to why something may not have posted/exported. It would also be very helpful if there were satellite training classes to address specific issues that customers may be having (instead of only running remote sessions).

Pros

Never used an ERP before. This software has helped us track our work load and cost. It has been a valuable tool.

Cons

Customer support needs improvement and software could use pop up help tips when things won't post/export/enter, to direct the user what needs to be fixed in order to process the function needed.

Jeff P.

Reviewed on 27/3/2013

Talsco has been using Realtrac for the past five years. The software is very easy to use and to learn. We currently utilize all modules available and are more than satisfied with the software. We manufacture 100's of different part numbers and without Realtrac it would be a nightmare tracking all of those jobs. Customer service is excellent! If we have a question regarding the software it is extremely easy and quick to get an answer. I would recommend Realtrac to all shops and businesses looking for a functional and easy to use MRP system.

Rick S.

Great Software - Simple - Does everything it advertises.

Reviewed on 30/3/2017

Software never crashes. It is easy for everyone in the shop to use. It gives many options to accomplish what you need. Tracks time and inventory very well.

Keith B.
  • Industry: Machinery

A long look, great decision

Reviewed on 31/7/2020

Amazed at how they train. No need to guess, no need to carve out days of forgetful training. Instead Training is as fast as one can absorb. Training is built upon the previous steps. Allowed our business to dictate training direction. Several times before a training session looked at my question as trivial. Considered it would be a waste of their time to show me one thing. In minutes of working together, letting me drive proved to quickly develop and understand the how and why's. The complete process expedites muscle memory, building the retention for a successful implementation.

Pros

The likes, In short, the ability to build and track multi level BOM's while having Shop management, inventory visibility and scheduling features. These have long been the desirable features.

Cons

Same as in all software, time to build the data. The choice was to not drop all past data in but to build from this point forward. This means at times go back and enter data from the past system. Our choice, it was not a requirement.

MetaADCS and JobBOSS²

Reasons for Choosing REALTRAC

As the company grows the service department was requiring more manufacturing products. Company Started with WorkflowMAX and developed our API Q2 certification system around it. Now moving to complex manufacturing and focusing on ISO 9001:2015 This made the change to RealTRAC an easy choice. Don't pass up the extreme value in WorkflowMAX.

MetaADCS and JobBOSS²

Reasons for Switching to REALTRAC

The decision was based on past experience and looking at what was different today. Used JobBoss in the past and it was a good choice. For comfort it would have been an easy go back to product. NAV, does not seem to have a good finite scheduling system. E2, know other businesses in our area that use it. They are job shops and are satisified with what it does for them. The final decision, RealTRAC is proving to meet the requirements with ease. Constant speedy support has been the surprise that makes the decision a winner.
Jaclyn E.

CNC Manufacturing

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very helpful with an questions or issues. I have used other ERP softwares (most exposure to Epicor). Realtrac is a more simple ERP as far as user friendly application.

Also since last update, software is slow and sometimes glitchy. And have had to exit and then re-open the job screen to get any attachments to show.

Pros

Rightboard is in real-time so changes are able to be seen quickly by shop personnel.

Cons

There is no option to see transaction history of parts on the inventory side. When we have an issue, we can't see what transactions took place prior to see where the problem occur to make our qty off or see any negative qty's.
Also, status of "incomplete" for finished goods is pointless for how Realtrac treats it once moved to a job to make the part complete. Just better off making a consumed material part number, which means several more parts numbers for each finished good that are left at incomplete stages.

Erik J.
  • Industry: Machinery

How Realtrac changed the way we do business

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

Overall Realtrac has given us a different perspective on how we do business. Jobs now have routers detailing step by step production processes. It has also changed how we manage our inventory by consolidating our warehouse. Realtrac has proven to be an effective tool and everyone in the office enjoys its ease of use.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use and how efficient it is when it comes to tracking job statuses. The inventory management module is also great and it allows us to input inventory locations and statuses. So if we have 20 parts that are partially done in stock we can flag them as partially completed. Realtrac has essentially changed our entire business into a more efficient company.

Cons

The only issue I have is the loading times when it comes to selecting different modules.

JobBOSS²

Reasons for Choosing REALTRAC

Paradox was an old system with troublesome features. It essentially was just an inventory management system and didn't provide any feedback regarding job statuses.

Reasons for Switching to REALTRAC

We choose Realtrac for two reasons. One, E2 was a clumsy system that didn't cover the needs we had and two, the customer service we were provided when we did first started using Realtrac was phenomenal. If we had an issue an email or phone call was always answered quickly.
Jay A.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Good at Big Picture, Some Shortcomings and Missing Features

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

Overall it does what we need it to do by tracking jobs through the shop, but the costing being "broken" for our use makes it a purchase I may not make again if I had to do over.

Pros

It's user friendly for ShopFloor logging in and out of jobs and recording time. Timeclock is easy for HR, and tracking down where a job is in the manufacturing process from a remote location is easy as well.

Cons

My primary beef with RealTrac is that there is no feature (or wasn't a few versions ago) that allows me to SPLIT AN OPERATOR'S TIME when they are logged into two jobs. If an operator is running two machines, or three, or four, all at once there should be an option (if not a REQUIREMENT) that their loaded labor cost and hours are divided amongst the machines they're concurrently logged into. In my company, one operator ALWAYS runs more than one machine in a bank, so not having their time split makes all my costing metrics utterly useless until I manually go into the work sessions to interrogate the data. This is nearly a deal-breaker making me consider another software. (Customer Service / Tech Support informed me this was intentional so that when looking at historical jobs you never under-bid a job). If this is incorrect, someone please call me ASAP!

The "Quality" feature is a horribly conceived module, slapped together as an afterthought, and the default reporting within there is awful, has poor formatting, and doesn't integrate well at all with the rest of the system. There hasn't been an update on this module in forever, but new PAID features (RightBoard) are being added and updated all the time.

Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform and JobBOSS²

Reasons for Switching to REALTRAC

Time to get the solution in place and functional, and the local sales/tech support.
Matthew W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

The biggest benefit is the costing records.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to learn and setup with minimal training.

Cons

The cost analysis within a job only considers the cost of the piece price, not tooling, setup, expedite fees. Additional line items other than the piece cost should flow through on cost tab. Not all jobs are just piece cost. Production on going jobs are not met with ease on this software, the software seems to be geared towards lot qtys or one time orders.

Global Shop Solutions

Reasons for Switching to REALTRAC

Integration with QB's rather than an overall Financial system.
Kylan H.

Great System, Everything We Needed Without the Crazy Complexity

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

We are very pleased. They've got a great system and fantastic to work with.

Pros

1. Easily track the amount of time spent and cost of individual jobs. People out on the shop floor don't mind clocking in and out of operations because it's so quick and easy.
2. It is everything we needed without the unnecessary complexity. Finding that balance between functionality and complexity is hard and RealTrac nailed it.
3. Developers are very responsive to feature requests or the rare glitch. Great people to work with. They're very active in bringing useful updates.
4. It's a network license, you can put RealTrac on as many computers as you want. Plus logging in past your number of licenses still gives you up to 10 minutes, thus nobody gets automatically booted. Some network licenses (from other companies) won't even let you log on which means you have to go find who left the program up on a random computer. RealTrac's gives you grace, which is great.
5. Training is not pay by the hour, it's basically unlimited, plus we are easily able to do remotely; both of which saves thousands of dollars.

Cons

1. Lacks a central analytics center for mining all the data we create (different sections of the ERP can create reports). However, as I write this I know they are releasing a new reporting platform to hopefully address this.

Sam P.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

REALTRAC for small lot production in a small shop

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

We have used REALTRAC for several years managing production and inventory of repeat items in our business. The software performs well and for the price, the functionality, support, and responsiveness of the REALTRAC team is unbeatable. There is something of a learning curve to the software, but with disciplined use, we have found it to be very flexible and effective at capturing at and managing the data we need without imposing an unnecessary waste of effort or time.

Pros

Low cost, high functionality, responsive customer support!

Cons

It's a little bit of a hassle to setup and changes/updates to certain data have to be made in several locations. Inventory management could also be a little more intuitive and user friendly.

Mike P.

Money well spent

Reviewed on 23/2/2017

RealTrac fit our company at the perfect time! We were a smaller company that never had a job shop ERP system and RealTrac made this very easy to implement and allow us to grow. It is the perfect software to get started and grow your company!

Pros

Ease of use is the biggest item but there are many more. I hardly picked up the manual to learn this software!

Cons

I wish it was date sensitive for Inventory Reporting and other "what if" scenarios. But this isn't critical.