4.2
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: Self Employed

Great PDF software

Reviewed on 2/8/2020

I've enjoyed using it and will continue to use it for my PDF viewing needs.

Pros

I've used the free version of Nitro PDF software and I really like it. It's simple to use, has expected features and isn't as clunky as Adobe. Works very well.

Cons

You either can't or only have limited options to create a PDF without the paid version.

Ferdinand P.
Industry: Machinery

Great PDF editing tool

Reviewed on 20/3/2020

Been a great alternate to Adobe Acrobat. Not as expensive and does pretty much all the same things.

Pros

Easy to use PDF editing tool. Redacting is very straightforward and adding a signature line or other things is also easy to do.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this moment. Has been great thus far.

Rohit J.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

PDF conversion Software

Reviewed on 2/9/2016

Nitro Cloud is easy to use when it comes to uploading and creating an account because everything is rather straightforward.When files are uploaded to Nitro Cloud, you can immediately begin converting it to any of the supported file formats or you can sign, collaborate, or share the file.Nitro Cloud is driving not just in the online retail merchandise deals space however they are presently infringing upon the online cloud space

Pros

-Nitro Cloud is an extremely intuitive and flexible solution
- Easier to save default settings for your different edit tools (text box, lines, etc).
- More control of your edit tools
-Free conversion of PDF files to editable MSWord documents
-Users get unlimited e-signatures to sign on documents.

Cons

-Loads large PDFs more slowly than Acrobat
-The important data or files you upload to the server are original and leads to security concerns.

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A very decent pdf reader and writer

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Pros

It is very easy to use, and is user friendly. As a pdf reader and writer, this is an excellent option if you want to avoid using Adobe products. I am able to manipulate the pages and content of pdf documents with little trouble.

Cons

I made the jump from Adobe to Nitro, and it took some time to get used to. There were some features in Adobe that aren't available in Nitro, but I have been able to get around this. Nitro's user manual is not great. I've had to figure some things out myself.

Brandon M.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

The best so far

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 3/6/2019

Managing pdf files had been a headache for me before specially when the files provided are scanned documents, wherein you cannot use the "find" function or even just to highlight a word, but Nitro came very handy and solved all the headache-causing issues with pdf files.

Pros

This is, by far, the best PDF editor I have used. It has so many features and functions to offer not usually found on conventional PDF editor. Nitro helped us a lot with its extract and combine functions. It came very handy when we had to deal with many pdf supporting docs from our audit partners. I also liked its OCR ability which is kind of accurate as far as I have used it.

Cons

Conversion to other file formats seems to be the weakest feature of this software, specially when converting to a PDF file to excel. The wordings seem to be jumbled or grouped into tables when converted from pdf to excel.

Edymar D.

Excellent software and very useful

Reviewed on 10/6/2018

With this software I have been able to save paper and time by avoiding unnecessary printing, since I can digitally add the signature and stamp of the documents I sent by email

Pros

It is very easy to use, you can convert files from office to pdf in simple steps, you can also add the user's handwritten signature and the company stamp in a digital way, so you can avoid printing the document to sign and seal and then re-digitize it to send it via email. It allows to create a virtual printer to create pdf when printing as does Google Chrome.

Cons

I think it should have a price option of one to ten users, since the price is high for a basic user.

Industry: Computer Software

Edit PDFs using Nitro

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

Overall this software tool is helpful for both students and professionals in editing there documents. Other than that I was able to make use of this to support UI testing by extracting images without damaging image quality. It is worth purchasing this if you're someone who works in front of a computer.

Pros

I was using Nitro pro for editing PDFs since my university days. It is really helpful in editing documents, Assignments with ease of use. Recently I used it to extract images from the wire frame designs provided by clients. It was really useful to extract images within few minutes with the exact resolutions. I

Cons

As an improvement I would like to suggest it to automatic selection of the fonts used inside the document when user try to enter some text. Also better to improve the performance of hand gestures

Fidel M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Nitro a good solution

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 19/11/2019

It took me a while to get acquainted with the program, but once you learn to use it it becomes quite useful, I had to take out a PDF project and make this something interactive for web use and with the help of the application I managed to finish my work and get ahead with My delivery

Pros

Possibly one of the best alternatives regarding the pdf modification I have used. I had regular expectations for the program and what I needed to do but it became quite useful and I managed to see it with good eyes within my work environment. I offer good options and solutions to do my job and despite not expecting much from it, it was gratifying to know that he performed well.

Cons

possibly had a bad impression or a low expectation of the application, at first it is a bit confusing and the work area is not so friendly, over time one adapts to work with it and it flies simple and it really is a matter of custom to be able to make a pdf edition and make this interactive.

Mehmetali K.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

More skilfull features

Reviewed on 10/6/2019

I haven't used others since I met Nitro Pro.

Pros

I use many alternatives app for PDF editing, reading e.t. but Nitro Pro is the best of all them. It makes my works easy at office and home.
one more pdf files which I want can be combined, extracted, rotated or deleted.

Cons

When Converting pdf files to xls files, xls files are sometimes not fully converted.

Ricardo C.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Nitro Review

Reviewed on 30/5/2019

I started using Nitro on 2012, when I was on my master´s degree. During that time, I had to extract a lot of information from online documents for my presentation and my homework. Nitro made my working time more efficient, reducing the time I spent in retyping text.

Pros

What I like the most are the features it has to edit pdfs. You can convert a PDF file to a word, excel or PowerPoint very quickly. It also lets you combine two or more PDFs files. As well, it is practical to insert text or any other figures on a pdf file. For me, Nitro is my preferred software when I need to work with PDF files.

Cons

It takes a longer time to load that other PDF viewers, so when I only have to view a PDF file, sometimes I choose other software that loads faster

Angela M.
Industry: Legal Services

Useful but complicated

Reviewed on 9/11/2018

We haven't decided which is better - Adobe or Nitro. Nitro is slow but the staff like it because you can edit documents easier than Adobe.

Pros

Easy to use and most staff like it. They use it to edit documents and revert to Word.

Cons

Slow and the Nitro team is always updating the version so you are always out of date which is frustrating.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jana M.
Industry: Construction

Good but no Great

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Nitro is an okay program if you are not trying to do too much with the software. There are some areas where it is easier to use than Adobe, but those are few and far between and the Adobe experience is much richer. If you can't afford, Adobe, then this software should work well for you.

Pros

Nitro Pro is easy to use and runs well on all Windows platforms. It is a great program for simple pdf revisions, combining files and conversion.

Cons

Editing pdfs is not very easy. The Add Tools feature works fine, but you have to add tools every time you start the software. It does not save the new toolbar. It does create forms easily and signature platforms are minimal.

Mithila P.
Industry: Computer Networking

Great software for all PDF needs

Reviewed on 15/6/2020

Converting to pDF files and editing PDF files and OCR function makes life easy to work with different documents.

Pros

OCR function is very useful and works like a charm. Converting PDF files in to excel, word and image files are also very useful in times.

Cons

Some times when I convert PDF files to word file, fonts and text alignments get changed. That's really annoying when I convert a document with large amount of text.

Kyle S.
Industry: Retail

A Must Have for Any Small Business

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Nitro sign is just as good as Docusign

Lots of useful features
Maybe the best pdf editor I've used. The white out feature is amazing!

Cons

A bit laggy at times
Some of the features only work if you get the premium, and the premium is a bit pricey.

Daniel L.
Industry: Medical Devices

Nitro PDF Review

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

It is an ok and cheap alternative to adobe , but isn't quite where it needs to be as far as a complete option to replace adobe.

Pros

It is a cheaper alternative to adobe acrobat and distiller. Works well in converting pdfs to documents and documents to pdf.

Cons

It doesn't have the same dynamic features that adobe acrobat, there for doesn't integrate well with other applications that manage pdf workflow.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Karl S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good Price/Value

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

I have created many documents and business presentations using the Nitro PDF suite and believe they are a great competitive option for any user.

Pros

One of the best best PDF editors on the market. Very easy to use and understand for beginners with enough functionality to get professional jobs done right. Ideal for business documents and general PDF editing with good document security functions. Does not have the same "pizzazz" as Adobe but it will get most jobs done with ease.

Cons

It is a little bit clunky at times and can be slow to start up but not bad overall.

Robert R.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The Next PDF Viewer of the Future!

Reviewed on 13/9/2019

Pack full of features may change how we use PDF viewers.

Pros

Very Very affordable comparable to the leading PDF viewer out there. Lots of features that come built in that are life changing now that they are available.

Cons

Can not add audio and other multimedia to the PDF viewer. This is not terrible but little touches like this could make it greater.

Frank B.

Nitro has facilitated the edition of PDF documents necessary for my doctoral studies.

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

Pros

What I like the most is its easy use, it's not complicated. The PDF editing option is very simple. It is very useful when you have to merge several PDF files into one and then convert it to other programs such as Word and Excel. It is not heavy when running on the PC. Also, I like the colors of the software.

Cons

I do not really see any negative things to highlight. The only thing I could say is that you do not have an option to change the text background color when passing it from one file to another. For example, remove a yellow background sheet to white.

Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Good docs converting tool

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

Pros

Easy tool for converting and editing of docs with desired outcome. Best among the other tools available online.

Cons

Sometimes the outcome file is not aligned properly however, it happens only with few files.

Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Favorite PDF Tool

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

I absolutely love being able to put together multiple pages of different files in to one document. We use Nitro to compile our bid documents when bidding on a new job. This means I need to convert Word documents, existing PDFs and photos into one easy file for our potential customer to view. Nitro makes this so easy!

Pros

The ability to convert documents from one type to a PDF is so easy! Also, to be able to combine multiple documents in to one seamless file is great!

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind when I think about what I dislike about Nitro.

Industry: Computer Games

Faster than Adobe Acrobat, less buggy, and doesn't require a subscription!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I was looking for a tool with all the functionality from Adobe Acrobat, without the bugginess and monthly subscription.

Pros

Nitro is quick to start, has great editing options and image to text functionality. It doesn't have any of the buggy quirks that Adobe Acrobat does, like freezing with a grey screen whenever you try and sign a document. Best of all, it doesn't require an ongoing subscription!

Cons

The website to purchase the software was a little bit confusing, with some outdated links and information, though the software itself has been great without any flaws found so far.

Amanda H.
Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

i use nitro daily to modify documents and convert to word, excel, pdf

Cons

Nothing so easy to use and the layout is simple

Miguel P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A must have if you deal with a lot of PDF files

Reviewed on 9/2/2018

The ability to edit the pdf's

Pros

- the ability to edit PDF's like: apply watermarks, extract, remove or insert pages inside a PDF, add notes, write on a pdf, save images from a pdf, etc, etc in an very easy way. Also love the feature that you can combine files, for example, if you want to print a lot of pdf's.
I really LOVE this software.

Cons

- the price is a little high
- sometimes, when you edit a pdf, the size of the file becomes strangely way bigger that it was.

Daniel K.
Industry: Import & Export

Good program, easy to use.

Reviewed on 12/12/2020

This program has saved us a lot of time by allowing us to convert documents to PDF's quickly and easily. One of the features we like best is the ability to create fillable fields and sign documents.

Pros

Good program, easy to use. The program has a lot of nice features such as being able to convert documents to other formats.

Cons

Sometimes, when converting documents from a PDF to another format (Word document or Excel document) does not convert all the information.

Industry: Utilities

Nitro Pro

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

Our company uses Nitro on a daily basis. It is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Pros

Love the edit features, we are able to use Nitro to create controlled forms for our company.

Cons

I sometimes run into problems when converting documents form PDF to Word.