Nitro

Mark Anthony
Mark Anthony

Organized, combined, convert your PDF files with Nitro

Reviewed on 8/8/2022

I used to work on my pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader before however, things changed when I discovered Nitro PDF. It's very easy to use, user-friendly interface and is very suitable for small businesses.
Meanwhile, Pro Edition has a lot to offer especially for big businesses which totally worth the investment. I really love using it, and I would continue to use it and recommend it to my friends.

Pros

Nitro PDF is really good in terms of viewing, editing, merging, splitting, converting, reducing file size, deleting unwanted pages, and adding signatures to your PDF documents which means that you don't need to use third-party or external applications. It's very simple, very light with very low storage requirements. I have no experienced hanging while working with Nitro PDF.

Cons

I had some little concern with the conversion of PDF to MS Word files. Sometimes, you will lose the formatting you set up and you have to do the formatting again. But it's not a big deal actually. I still love it.

Alejandra
  • Industry: Higher Education

Nitro is a very good tool for create and edit PDF

Reviewed on 22/4/2023

Excellent! Nitro is a so powerful and so versatile PDF editor and reader with many useful tools and features

Pros

Nitro is easy to use and has extensive tools and functionalities for PDF editing and management with a wide range of tools for editing, merging, splitting, or converting PDFs, Nitro can be a digital notebook since it also has tools such as highlighting, striking through, adding comments, adding forms, adding images, signatures, and stamps, etc. Also has cloud integration and you can collaborate with other people (with access) in the documents.

Cons

Sometimes (although it also depends on the computer's computing power) Nitro tends to lag or close on its own, losing the work that has been done. Also, the interface can be a bit confusing, causing some utilities to be in unexpected menus.

Omar
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Explain my experience using Nitro

Reviewed on 9/6/2019

This problem has been checked and justified

This problem has been checked and justified

Pros

The program is small in size compared to the functions performed by to deal with files الـpdf different.

With a simple interface, attractive and easy to use and divided into several tabs for easy to convert pdf files and modify them.

With Nitro PDF you can open more than PDF in single page inside the program is the idea of opening more of the site within the Google Chrome browser or Firefox.

The possibility of converting word files to pdf with ease and vice versa.

Convert pdf files to excel and vice versa.

You can also convert pdf files to image or group of images to PDF with ease and reduce the size of the file after you make the conversion.

Also includes Nitro PDF a lot of options to modify and edit merge to insert text and images and various graphics to with specify the date, time and bookmarks within the file الpdf.

Possibility to add different frames and pdf files to embellish it and make it more elegant and attractive and fit every taste and numbered

Cons

problem of the response : the program Nitro PDF stop responding after you open the file PDFF a few times . This problem has been reported constantly by many users who work heavily with PDF files where the program Nitro Pro completely and cause the suspension system, which pays users to re-run the system completely to use it . This was one of The within Nitro Pro repeated.

2 - the inability to open a specific file : the problem here is that user able to open all the PDF files from the source only one file . Has continued this problem on Windows XP and Windows 7 – 64-Bit

Matthew
  • Industry: Insurance

Nothing better for PDFs!

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

So many things are in PDF form, which poised quite an issue given the nature of Insurance and claims makes it imperative to have everything precisely documented. Before Nitro I had to hand type it all. For anyone who isn't adept at typing that can be quite a challenge when having to document the Terms & Conditions of an Insurance plan. Adobe always gave me problems with being able to select the text, while Nitro does it with ease.

Pros

Nitro's functionality is hands down better than Adobe when it comes to PDFs. It allows to quickly combine files, export to Word & Excel, extract specific pages quickly, is great at selecting text, etc. etc. For the cost it can't be beat!

Cons

The interface is crammed with a lot of tools and options, but not very intuitive. Get past the leaning curve though and you'll love it.

Eutimio
Eutimio

Nitro and its tools for PDF file manipulation

Reviewed on 3/3/2022

I used nitro in my first years of university replacing Adobe Acrobat Reader, I liked it very much for the ease of use it has, in addition to the tools it provides, however the greatest strength is in its pro edition that is totally worth investing to have a good software for the manipulation of pdf files.

Pros

Nitro consists of many tools apart from viewing PDF documents, conversion, annotation, editing, merging, splitting, file size reduction, all of which are useful tools that can be used without the need to use an external application.

Cons

Certain compatibility errors made it slow on some devices, like all paid software, in order to access the aforementioned tools you have to subscribe to the service. Therefore, the tools provided in a free plan are reduced but sufficient to work normally.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Makes working with PDFs simple

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Nitro has made working with PDFs daily very fast and easy!

Nitro has made working with PDFs daily very fast and easy!

Pros

Nitro is simple and easy to use. You can easily convert documents to PDF and you can covert PDFs to Word Docs. This program is very user friendly.

Cons

There are times when trying to redact or add text boxes that it can be a little touchy. At times when you try to print a document it will not automatically rotate to fit the document.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

The best alternative to Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 1/9/2021

Nitro Pro is perfect for working with PDF files. The price is great! The OCR functionality needs improvement

Pros

Nitro Pro offers the best set of tools to manage and work with PDF files. I love the ease to use, and the cost is excellent!

Cons

I would love them to add the feature to detect fields when creating forms automatically.

• Industry: Higher Education

Nitro - Review

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Pros

It is more valuable than only pdf viewing, it has highlighting functionality, pdf editing functionality, pen functionality, digital signature, form creating etc.

Cons

It frequently gets not responding when many pdfs are opened (6+)

Manash
Manash
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Nitro Review

Reviewed on 26/2/2023

Not Good

Not Good

Pros

What I like most about this software is its Organize system which is very helpful.

Cons

It comes with only 14 days trial which is very bad and when converting files to Word or Excel it hangs. Nothing was found helpful in this price range.

PDFelement

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

There is no great feature found in this software.

PDFelement
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

giant PDF files

Reviewed on 10/12/2022

giant PDF files I like it and I use it all the time in work

giant PDF files I like it and I use it all the time in work

Pros

I liked very much the ease of modification with this program and the multiple options for modification, as it solved many problems that were bothering me at work

Cons

Is that when you reduce the size of the text may become less visible

Donna
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Full featured, and available in a desktop version

Reviewed on 26/8/2020

I use this program when downloading reports, pages, etc. and then taking key parts out to use in customized reports for my clients. Also use to combine materials in several formats (jpeg, docx, xlsx, etc) into one document, or create PDFs from word docs that I don't want easily edited.

Pros

I am on my 4th version of Nitro since first purchasing it 8+ years ago as a cheaper alternative to Adobe Acrobat. I like the edit ability, ease of printing and creating PDF's and the ability to highlight text or insert comments into documents. Past versions had more tech issues, but whenever I have contacted support, they responded quickly and got the issues resolved. I like that it's not cloud-based, my preference is to purchase a software product and own it on my desktop, vs paying fees into infinity. I have not used some of the advanced features like OCR but works very well for being able to snapshot, add text or copy text.

Cons

The highlight feature is only in one color, and have to remember to turn off highlighting before switching to selecting text for copying or screenshots. The add text feature interface is a little clunky, it's hard to edit that text once you've typed it, sometimes easier to just delete and start over. Print to PDF not currently working with some sites in Firefox, so have resorted to using Microsoft Print to PDF free version and then having to go back and open from Nitro directly.

Majeed Mohammed
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Nitro has never crashed on me, nor corrupted my documents

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Nitro is the second pdf tool I have installed in my PC. And even though I rely on the other one for more sophisticated functions and better document security, I use Nitro for my most of my day to day pdf needs because it handles so easily and is very light weight.

Pros

Nitro is extremely easy to use. Finding authentic .apk files is very simple, even from third party sources. Installation is also very easy, and does not end up crowding up your drives with a clutter of installation files that could easily be hubs of malware. And when it comes to managing .pdf files, I never struggle to read, merge or convert files.

Cons

On a few occasions, I have had encrypted files open without requiring entry of passwords. I am not sure whether it was due to incomplete file encryption, or a program malfunction.

Reena
  • Industry: Research

Nitro is the preferred PDF editor

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Nitro Pro is a great tool to use with PDFs and I have had a great experience with it so far

Pros

Nitro pro makes PDF editing and conversion of files into Microsoft Suite applications easy. The OCR feature is great for digitizing hand made notes. Additionally, a single license is very well priced.

Cons

It can lag sometimes but other than that there isn't really much to not like.

Elena

Great switch to save money

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

I use Nitro on a daily basis and through the switch I was able to continue to do my job efficiently. We were only given a short period of time to get used to a new program, it took no time to get used to the format. I was an adobe lover and was hesitant having to use something new. I would recommend this to any business or anyone looking for a good program in comparison.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. We switched from a more expensive software and Nitro was able to do everything the old one did plus more!

Cons

Only con that I have noticed is sometimes the page view will lag when adding pages or scrolling through the side panel. This makes it difficult to transfer pages quickly but with some patience it works just fine.

Raju
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A Comprehensive Review of Nitro PDF

Reviewed on 21/2/2023

Nitro PDF is a comprehensive PDF editor and converter that offers several useful features for users. However, its high resource requirements and limited mobile support may be a drawback for some users.

Pros

1. Comprehensive editing tools: Nitro PDF provides a comprehensive set of editing tools, including the ability to add, delete, and modify text, images, and pages. Users can also add annotations, bookmarks, and watermarks to their PDF files.2. User-friendly interface: Nitro PDF features a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to navigate the software and quickly find the tools they need.3. Integration with other software: Nitro PDF integrates with several other popular software programs, such as Microsoft Office and Dropbox, making it easy to import and export files.

Cons

1. High resource requirements: Nitro PDF requires a significant amount of system resources to run smoothly. This can be a problem for users with older computers or those who are running other resource-intensive software programs.2. Limited mobile support: Nitro PDF has limited mobile support, which means that users may have trouble accessing their PDF files on mobile devices.

Daniel
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Nitro, the best app for pdfs

Reviewed on 22/8/2023

Since I came across Nitro in my life, I won't change it for anything, it has saved my life countless times with its pdf conversion and merging tools, I love its simple and easy to understand interface. Its text selection is very useful if you want to make a quote in another document. I just love it!

Pros

It has an incredible amount of tools, such as text editing, combination with other pdfs, size reduction, converters to other file types. And undoubtedly the most impressive, the virtual signatures, where they are automatically detected when you open a pdf.

Cons

I find no negative points of the software, as it is very well developed.

Waleed
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A useful tool for everyone that simplifies the procedures for merging and modifying documents

Reviewed on 9/3/2022

Nitro saved so much time, effort and paper that in the past it was printed more than once without any value. With Nitro we were able to collaborate on reviews without using paper, combine reports and add comments into a single copy, and most importantly to me, saving us a great deal of time and effort doing this in multiple applications.

Pros

Using Nitro saves us from having to print a lot of unnecessary documents, which saves a lot of time and money. When it comes to digitally editing papers, Nitro provides all the tools you need, as we can easily mark up and save papers, contracts, and drawings in the format and font size we desire. Nitro is a valuable and indispensable tool when preparing contracts, copying bids, and merging reports in PDF format, so that we can easily share and attach them via email. Notes can be passed between departments with Nitro, which saves time and paper especially when each department works in charge of its own note-taking. An organized, prepared and signed digital copy is important to simplify the documentation and archiving processes for all types of documents.

Cons

There is no room to mention anything negative about Nitro, as it is a very easy to use tool and performs its functions very flexibly.

David
David

Nitro an excellent software for digital transformation

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

It is a good solution to manage electronic signatures, forms, invoices and other documents that help my company in its digital transformation. it is a software with many tools i can create PDF convert APDF files edit documents, make forms, compile files and then convert to PDF. I like that it has a version for iOS, this is very practical if you want to review files quickly from your smartphone.

Pros

Nitro is an excellent software for the digital transformation of small medium and large companies. Something that I can highlight about Nitro PDF is that it has a section for the education of its users, case studies, tutorials on how and why to use nitro, it has videos, webinars and tools that make the learning curve short. It is a brand that gives me confidence since it is allied with many companies and is constantly being updated.

Cons

Although it is a software with many tools, there are things that need to be improved, such as the loading time when opening the software since it takes a long, although their website has many tutorials and videos, customer service takes a long time to respond. Just like OCR scanning, when an image with a lot of text and images is scanned, it often processes wrong letters.

Diana Grace

Super love this app!

Reviewed on 10/2/2023

5 stars to this app, a big have especially to us dealing with several electronic documents everyday.

Pros

Honestly, I love everything about nitro. If only i can give 100 stars, i will definitely give it to this app. Nowadays, especially we are dealing with tons of digital documents, it can easily read by Nitro. I love that this is all in one. You can attach electronic signature, add text, erase pictures or text, convert pdf to word or ppt and a lot more!The best deal i ever have in any software.

Cons

I like everything with nitro, ease of using it, functionality and it's also affordable.

Tim
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

I was skeptical

Reviewed on 26/9/2019

To compete with the king of this platform, you have to either be free or really good. Happily, Nitro is really good. The controls are, not surprisingly, different that the big A, but well laid-out and intuitive. And there is no comparison in terms of cost savings, so if you can live with it being a bit slower, you may be well-advised to try Nitro out.

Pros

To my pleasant surprise, Nitro brought a large suite of effective features to an industry dominated by one player. They worked really well, giving a cost-effective alternative.

Cons

It runs a bit slower than its primary rival. Generally not a problem, but if you are creating or even viewing a large number of pdf's this is frustrating.

Tara
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

"Accelerating Productivity with Nitro: A Comprehensive Review"

Reviewed on 13/2/2023

Nitro is a productivity software that provides various tools for working with PDF files, including editing, annotating, converting, and creating PDFs. The software is known for its user-friendly interface, versatility, and compatibility with various file formats. In conclusion, Nitro is a well-regarded software for working with PDFs, providing users with various tools for editing, annotating, converting, and creating PDFs. Its user-friendly interface, compatibility with various file formats, and integration with cloud storage platforms make it a popular choice for personal and professional use.

Pros

The ability to edit PDFs and annotate them with ease makes it a convenient tool for review and collaboration. The ability to convert PDFs to other file formats, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, can save time and increase productivity. The user-friendly interface and easy navigation make it accessible to users of all levels. The integration with popular cloud storage platforms, such as Dropbox and Google Drive, allows users to access their files from anywhere

Cons

The full version of Nitro can be expensive compared to other similar software. Some users have reported slow performance, mainly when working with large or complex PDF files. The user interface can be challenging to navigate for some users. Some users have reported that certain features, such as editing, are not as intuitive as in other similar software

Kaes

Richer features than other leading products

Reviewed on 22/1/2020

Overal very pleased as I mentioned above, love the features and the stability and seamless integration.

Pros

Nicer modern design, more robust search features, more flexible with tabs (can close all tabs to the right of a certain tab), viewing options and controls, very light on resources and integrates seamlessly with browsers. some of these features are not present in even the leading product.

Cons

In my use, I had no issues to report, editing probably is the only thing I missed In the free version.

Chris
  • Industry: Legal Services

Continuous adaptation

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

With the savings on cost and implementation and overall performance, Nitro has become key in our day to day business. It speeds up reaction time with clients and gives us flexibility to work with whatever information is sent our way. Creating documents that fit the needs of all our recipients, never having to worry that someone can't open or review what is sent.

Pros

In a document based environment, where we continually have the need to convert to pdf and then edit those and other pdf documents, Nitro has taken off the restraints with the multiple functions for editing. Whether converting to word processing, creating forms, extracting or deleting pages,including e- signatures or simply typing directly into a pdf doc, Nitro's simplicity for the complicated saves us time.

Cons

There are still bugs, such as using up too many system resources (which slows us down a bit, but overall we still save time) because of interaction with other programs. Direct conversions take a little longer with Nitro than others, but given the access to editing it is a fair tradeoff. Sometimes files appear to save larger than expected.

Mohammed Umar Farooq
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Play with PDFs in the way you want.

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

It is worth every penny you spend and can use it to create, edit, share, convert the PDFs. Worth Try.

Pros

One can just do anything with the PDFs with Nitro. One can merge the PDFs with just one click. We can also convert PDFs to Word or Word to PDF or image to PDF etc. PDF split is the best thing with customised options.

Cons

I haven't seen any thing bad about this software since many years and it is one of the best tool for PDFs.

George
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best for features and overall usability

Reviewed on 29/6/2021

Use to love the product, but their activation process has become too flakey. I can't justify the extra expense or hours trying to fix something that should never have broke in the first place.

Pros

Merging documents is a breeze, deleting page numbers, inserting a signature, zooming.. all are much easier than Adobe Pro

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the lack of support. Several clients have license errors... the software reverts to trial mode and can't reactivate. I have spent hours on the forums and KB's trying everything, but the answer is always the same... upgrade. Even if the version being used is current... doesn't matter. They won't talk to you under any circumstance, the only solution is buy again. I have stopped recommending for this reason.