Talha K.

Easy way to create PDF and extract contents from PDF

Reviewed on 10/3/2021

Nitro is my one stop PDF solution. I use it extensively almost everyday and have purchased/installed it for our various teams. Since we moved from Adobe's Acrobat it has been a very smooth transition and people have found out scanning and PDF conversion very easy.

Pros

Combining multiple files to form a single PDF and ability to easily disintegrate PDF into multiple ones. The UI is lucid and doesn't occupy a lot of memory even if you are working on multiple PDFs.

Cons

OCR scanning comes with errors, extracting text from a file will have small errors. While you convert a PDF to MS Word file it will lose the formatting and you may need to reformat the file which is a bit of a hassle.

Emad I.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Nitro PDF is the best PDF processor in the market in my opinion

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

it's simply the most amazing and practical PDF processor you could ever want.

Pros

Part of my job requires reading and editing reports and other files in PDF formats extensively among many other things, I used to try many different PDF processors either paid or free but each of them had its fair share of issues that i couldn't live with, until i switched to Nitro pdf which is now by far my favorite goto pdf reader and processor,since then i never looked back, it made my life easier and increased my productivity, it excels large and by far in performance department, it's very light and doesn't consume too much of your machine resources which mean it can work easily with any machine without the need for any certain requirements, it's very efficient when it comes to multitasking and has a very nice feature of batch processing where it can process multiple files at the same time easily and quickly, it's packed with tons of features that you could use to edit your pdf, it's compatible with other programs and can export your files to other formats so it can work flawlessly with them with no problem. it's very easy to learn and use, it has a very user friendly interface that you will find very similar to other programs.

Cons

I would say that the cloud support isn't the best and it needs a little attention but that won't ruin the great overall user experience you get out of this program.

Stacy M.
  • Industry: Events Services

PDF made easy

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Our switch from Adobe to Nitro was painless. Nitro has all the same plugins, so even when using it with our mail program, it works flawlessly! Of course it has a browser plugin, so when opening PDF files online, it will open them in the browser.

Pros

Cost! Straight and simple, cost is the best thing about Nitro Software. It's only a fraction of the price of it's major competitor, Adobe Acrobat. We were using Adobe, but one of my team members recommended that we try Nitro, as a cost cutting measure. we switched two years ago and haven't looked back. Honestly we have the same functionality as we did with Adobe.

Cons

Nothing major as far a con goes, but I've had the software freeze a few times, but to be honest, Adobe did the same thing! It's never a big deal as it auto saves and you pick up where you left off.

Santiago A.

Using pdf has never been so easy.

Reviewed on 18/1/2019

In the world of digital work, PDF documents come and go, in many opportunities, I receive information necessary to complete presentations but being in that format is difficult, that was before using Nitro, now I have the possibility of editing all the files that come to me in PDF format, as well as being able to create my own PDF files without limitations. The other benefit is the savings in my finances, applications or similar tools you get at higher prices than those offered by Nitro, so I highly recommend its implementation if you work in catalogs, reports, budgets, digital books, your memories, among others, Nitro's capabilities are lost sight of.

Pros

Of the things that I like most about Nitro, is that I can do multiple actions with the digital documents that come to me, or with those I believe. I can edit any content and offer it under the protection standards that I decide to put on it. Apart from the Nitro format, it adapts easily to any other system, another element that makes me feel when I use it. Another factor that has offered me that very few in the market can match, is the digital signature, thanks to that I have been able to transmit files with the support of my signature without being physically anywhere else, be it national or international, a very functional innovation. In addition, you can count on the support of the company in other areas such as the cloud, now imagine that so many other things you can do, I am very happy with everything that Nitro offers me.

Cons

I have been using their services for several years and I am pleasantly satisfied, I have not had problems since I decided to invest in their platform, but I think that it can improve the price offer for new and old customers, it is not a factor that determines my use or not, in my case does not apply, but for entrepreneurs who do not have the right time, it may be different.

Kaes A.

Richer features than other leading products

Reviewed on 22/1/2020

Overal very pleased as I mentioned above, love the features and the stability and seamless integration.

Pros

Nicer modern design, more robust search features, more flexible with tabs (can close all tabs to the right of a certain tab), viewing options and controls, very light on resources and integrates seamlessly with browsers. some of these features are not present in even the leading product.

Cons

In my use, I had no issues to report, editing probably is the only thing I missed In the free version.

Reena P.
  • Industry: Research

Nitro is the preferred PDF editor

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Nitro Pro is a great tool to use with PDFs and I have had a great experience with it so far

Pros

Nitro pro makes PDF editing and conversion of files into Microsoft Suite applications easy. The OCR feature is great for digitizing hand made notes. Additionally, a single license is very well priced.

Cons

It can lag sometimes but other than that there isn't really much to not like.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Nitro - Review

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Pros

It is more valuable than only pdf viewing, it has highlighting functionality, pdf editing functionality, pen functionality, digital signature, form creating etc.

Cons

It frequently gets not responding when many pdfs are opened (6+)

René francisco T.

The best software for PDF editing

Reviewed on 9/5/2020

I always need to have it on my PC. Although there are periods when I do not use it, it is always good to have this tool.

Pros

This software is used essentially to edit PDF and it does it in a very easy way, being able to modify any file. It also gives you the option to pass it to other formats such as Office Word, Excel or PowerPoint. Or simply as a PNG or JPG image.

Cons

It is a program that consumes a lot of RAM and can put old computers somewhat slow, but it is not something to worry about. It also takes a long time to charge. If you simply want to read a text in PDF I do not recommend it. Lighter programs can be used.

Karla andreina G.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Such a bad reader but with excellent conversion tools

Reviewed on 27/8/2018

Nitro is such an amazing pdf converter, but such a bad pdf reader. I don't recommend you use this as your standalone pdf software but for you to complement it with a good pdf reader and you will have a really satisfactory experience.

Pros

Nitro is an excellent software for PDF conversion both for pdf converted documents and for scanned ones with its OCR tool. I constantly use it for converting my documents to word and excel format whenever I need to.

Cons

Something that really messes up my conversions is if the document is watermarked, I would love if they could work on this issue. Also as a reader it works too slow for me, my computer lags a lot and even transitioning from a page to the other is a painful experience.

Yeni O.

Greatly reduced our paper use.

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

Pros

Nitro is a beautiful document collaboration tool ,allowing colleagues to drop markups and notes on forms and documents ,so the next person accessing the form encounters little difficulty understanding the form or documents.
I also like how I am able to convert Microsoft word documents into pdf and vice versa ,using Nitro.In summary Nitro has reduced to the barest minimum,the use of paper in my organization and has so far served as a dependable digital workflow for our daily activity.

Cons

I encounter difficulties opening pdf documents, created with the newer Adobe formatting styles on Nitro.

Jamie R.

Nitro Pro!

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Pros

The thing that I like the most about Nitro Pro is the price! We have Adobe Creative Suites on the majority of our computers, but didn't want to spend a lot of money on Adobe's PDF program per month on four or five of our other computers that don't have Adobe Suite. Nitro is extremely cheaper than that and isn't a monthly fee. The software is also easy to use--we can edit, sign, and manipulate files using this program the same as we would with Adobe.

Cons

There isn't really a downside to this software at all. It does what we need it to do and works greatly for our business.

Eylenth P.

Nitro is an excellent pdf reader and editor

Reviewed on 22/3/2018

It's feature for converting pdfs to other formats is wonderful and it makes nitro an excellent tool to have in any company or business

Pros

Nitro is a great pdf reader and editor, on par with other options on the market, it's pdf editing features, and most of all it's capabilities to convert pdfs to other formats such as doc and xls make it a really powerful tool.

Cons

While nitro shines in pdf editing and conversion, it tends to be a little slow. Also since most people are familiarized with other pdf programs, starting to use nitro can be overwhelming

Sherry N.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Nitro

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

My overall experience using Nitro is a good one. It has saved me and my employees a lot of time.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I can take a scanned pdf file and upload it and export it it into text. Instead of having to manually type the information myself.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the incorrect information being exported. If the scanned image isn’t almost perfect. The software can’t recognize the letters and it’s output is completely incorrect.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Amazing! Goodbye Adobe, forever

Reviewed on 25/7/2018

Pros

This software is the iPhone of PDF editors. Every single task could be completed by a second grader. It's ability to grab and drop text and ability to convert docs to Word, Excel and PowerPoint in seconds is amazing. You can also edit PDFs very easily. It can also be integrated with Exchane and o365, so you can turn an email into a pdf in a second.

Cons

No cons of this software so far. I have been using Adobe for years, and will never go back after using this software.

Omar A.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Explain my experience using Nitro

Reviewed on 9/6/2019

This problem has been checked and justified

Pros

The program is small in size compared to the functions performed by to deal with files الـpdf different.

With a simple interface, attractive and easy to use and divided into several tabs for easy to convert pdf files and modify them.

With Nitro PDF you can open more than PDF in single page inside the program is the idea of opening more of the site within the Google Chrome browser or Firefox.

The possibility of converting word files to pdf with ease and vice versa.

Convert pdf files to excel and vice versa.

You can also convert pdf files to image or group of images to PDF with ease and reduce the size of the file after you make the conversion.

Also includes Nitro PDF a lot of options to modify and edit merge to insert text and images and various graphics to with specify the date, time and bookmarks within the file الpdf.

Possibility to add different frames and pdf files to embellish it and make it more elegant and attractive and fit every taste and numbered

Cons

problem of the response : the program Nitro PDF stop responding after you open the file PDFF a few times . This problem has been reported constantly by many users who work heavily with PDF files where the program Nitro Pro completely and cause the suspension system, which pays users to re-run the system completely to use it . This was one of The within Nitro Pro repeated.

2 - the inability to open a specific file : the problem here is that user able to open all the PDF files from the source only one file . Has continued this problem on Windows XP and Windows 7 – 64-Bit

Michael P.

Open Edit Create with Nitro

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

For the price, compared to Adobe...it is excellent. I would buy again, and I do every year.

Pros

This is a great alternative to some of the higher priced PDF software available. I need to edit documents before sending them out and the editing ability of Nitro is excellent.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to go from one feature to another. Once you click on a feature, then it is a process to go back to the previous feature. But you learn to work around it.

Alexander S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Nitro Review

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

My overall experience with Nitro has been very positive. All of the features are very user friendly compared to other competitive software. I would recommend this software to anyone who constantly is scanning documents and exporting PDFs.

Pros

The features I like most about the software are all the text commenting tools. It is very easy for users to add comments to PDFs for others to review in a very simple and straight forward way that will not cause confusion for the next readers.

Cons

It would be great if the software had more scanning features that provided users with more details about the documents they scan. As an example, it would be great if the software could recognize images, equations, links, and other document items right from the first initial scan of a physical documents.

Wayne M.

A good pdf handler

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

Pros

It is very convenient that if you need to convert a pdf file you can do it through Nitro ,instead of having to use another app. Editing documents is easy ,specifically changing the format of text .

Cons

I mentioned file conversion above but it doesn't really apply to converting e-books . Because to my knowledge Nitro does not support epub .
Doesn't have the full scope of features on mobile as on PC .

Abraham C.

In a few words the Nitro software is an excellent product, it is a very powerful tool, ...

Reviewed on 26/3/2018

You can create, convert, edit, combine, protect, create forms and save your files in PDF format

Pros

In a few words the Nitro software is the total alternative to Adobe Acrobat, it allows me to do more with PDF files with powerful tools to create, convert, edit, combine, protect, create forms and save your files in standard PDF format of the market

Cons

It can be said that this product has its disadvantages such as: It does not allow to embed video and audio files, No mobile application, Lack of integration with online system, OCR fails for large documents, Slowness when loading large PDF files compared to Acrobat

Gerber D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Good for everyday tasks

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

It is a must have productivity tool for anyone that works across a platform of different applications. I will recommended it to anyone that needs a simple PDF tool

Pros

It is very easy to install and to setup. The licensing is also reasonable and it is easy to renew. The signing functionality is great

Cons

It can sometimes be extremely slow when printing or converting. It also struggles to convert certain files to text

Amr G.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Very nice PDF software

Reviewed on 8/6/2019

NitroPDF allows me to manage my PDF documents easily. The software is light weight, it open and converts documents so fast. I really recommend this software.

Pros

NitroPDF is a very nice software product to manage pdf documents. I like this tool because is is very fast in opening PDF documents and very easy to use. It has many great features and converting documents to any extension is very fast. NitroPDF is available at a very nice price compared to other similar products.

Cons

Nothing really that I don't like. I use Nitro on daily basis.

Hernan jose S.

allows to seal, sign and print virtually a document directly to a pdf document

Reviewed on 14/7/2018

for an end user that I support I needed to print something urgent and then send it by email, as your scanner was failing we decided to use this program, now we have realized that we are spending less paper by skipping the step of printing and then scanning

Pros

It has many options to import from several types of files, it allows me to mix several pdf files in one, flip the sheets that have been scanned badly, scan directly from a scanner, even create a virtual printer that you can use from any other application, I can put notes, highlight important lines, put pins for quick searches

Cons

can be costs for a single user, from the point of view of the installer does not allow blocking certain options for the end user

Benjamin e J.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Everything I Need to Manage PDF Files

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Sometimes I need to create or edit PDFs, and occasionally submit for signatures. Nitro Pro is adequate for the former and Nitro Cloud is easy to use for the latter, also free as part of the software license.

Pros

Nitro does pretty much everything I need it to do, creating and editing PDFs. I like that I can submit a PDF for review and signature right from the program.

Cons

Some functions are a little hard to use and customer service isn't the greatest.

Steven M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

I use this program daily to edit PDF's to use as packing slips, and to print files direct to...

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Sped up the process of doing shipping paperwork, and correcting minor errors in PDFs

Pros

ease of use, and features. The white out tool comes in handy to remove pricing from a sales order to make a packing slip from it.

Cons

Some of the features are hard to find. Sometimes the export to Excel, and Word don't format correctly.

Gary B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Robust PDF management suite

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

This is the default PDF program for my company. I literally could not imagine working with PDFs without it, and the price for fully licensed software is very resonable.

Pros

Allows creating and editing PDF documents, as well as conversions to and from PDF format

Cons

Some OCR results are less than stellar, also editing rarely glitches