Nitro

4.5/5
4.1/5

Ganjar
  • Industry: Higher Education

Nitro best pdf processor for your value of money

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

I use Nitro to produce documents and letters necessary for college classes. Thus, it is very convenient to use Nitro.

Pros

Nitro provides complete tools to work with pdf files. Not only capable of reviewing and marking up files, users can use Nitro to split, combine or edit their pdf files. All these features are put in very intuitive user interface, which tremendously helps casual users.

Cons

Nitro PDF sometime hangs and crashes while processing documents. This is rather unfortunate since the incidents will disrupt the workflow.

Wesley
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great for viewing and signing PDFs

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

I purchased a personal license for Nitro after trying out a few free PDF tools (usually requiring multiple different software solutions to handle different jobs like compiling or rearranging pages of a PDF and signing a document). Nitro has all of the features I regularly use and some that I don't use often, but really appreciate when I need them.

Pros

Nitro Pro checks all the boxes as a PDF viewer and document signer. The interface is intuitive and it seems to be much less CPU intensive compared to Adobe Acrobat and some other PDF tools that I tried while making my decision.

Cons

While I usually edit PDFs in GIMP or another program, there are some simple edits, like cutting and moving an image in a PDF, that are not easy to do in Nitro. However, Nitro does an excellent job converting text and images and their basic fillable form tools are really easy to use.

Alejandro
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Nitro, an alternative to Acrobat, but just as expensive

Reviewed on 26/6/2022

My main use of Nitro when I used it was to create PDF files from scanned physical documents, I mean hundreds of pages, even a thousand or two thousand pages in a single document, so the size of the files was really big. In this aspect I have no complaints about this program, it behaved very well with the number of pages entered, even on low-resource computers (intel Core i5 and 4 GB of RAM)

Pros

The only thing that led me to use Nitro was that it was the program used by the company I worked for, but I did not find any significant advantage to use it instead of Acrobat, at least in the use that I gave it, which was to create, edit and print PDF files

Cons

You might think that Nitro would be a cheap alternative to Adobe Acrobat, but Nitro prices are on the same level as Acrobat prices, so using Acrobat would be the smartest choice.

Lalao

A great software for your PDF needs!

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

Overall, Nitro is a great program for my PDF needs. I would definitely recommend it!

Pros

I'm going to talk about Nitro for PDF files, because that's what I use it for. I can already say that it has nothing to envy to other software of the same type.
It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use. It is versatile so I can use it for many different purposes. It really offers a wide range of features that make it the ideal tool for PDF-related tasks like: creating, merging, converting different files into PDFs and vice versa, editing, protecting with passwords and permissions, filling out forms and more. In short, it is one of the indispensable tools for handling PDF files.

Cons

Just a small improvement in customer support, apart from that, I have nothing to complain about with this excellent software.

chandra
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

best for PDF viewer

Reviewed on 1/4/2022

overall its good for a pdf viewer.

Pros

easy to view the pdf and zoom in zoom out selecting text copy and paste number of options are available for pdf viewing.

Cons

lack of number of editing options and simultaneous work is also missing. extracting options to different format s are missing.

Tzofit
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Review of Nitro PDF

Reviewed on 19/9/2022

Pros

I love Nitro PDF for the easy ability to combine multiple PDFs. The OCR capability is an added bonus. The editing within Nitro Pro allows me crop and organize pages on the fly before combining. I also love the ability to convert to other file types. From image to pdf or vice versa, or taking images and getting the data in to Excel. Very, very useful.

Cons

Honestly, nothing! This is one of the most useful pieces of software that I have. I use it almost daily.

Benjamin E
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Everything I Need to Manage PDF Files

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Sometimes I need to create or edit PDFs, and occasionally submit for signatures. Nitro Pro is adequate for the former and Nitro Cloud is easy to use for the latter, also free as part of the software license.

Pros

Nitro does pretty much everything I need it to do, creating and editing PDFs. I like that I can submit a PDF for review and signature right from the program.

Cons

Some functions are a little hard to use and customer service isn't the greatest.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Basically, Nitro is a cheaper alternative for PDF management, which works for me and my business.
Md Belal
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best App for PDF editing.

Reviewed on 18/12/2022

Pros

The coolest using techniques to edit pdf files.

Cons

Nothing least found about this application.

Carolyn
  • Industry: Law Practice

Nitro is an efficient time-saving software

Reviewed on 1/12/2022

Pros

I like the electronic signature and multi-part signature capabilities the most. It allows me to save time by having clients sign documents electronically rather than having to meet in person.

Cons

I am very satisfied with Nitro and highly recommend it as a way to make your legal practice more efficient at a very reasonable cost.

Allanys

One of the best PDF editors

Reviewed on 16/1/2023

Nitro has helped me edit and read PDF's easily and without problems, for me it is one of the best PDF readers.

Pros

What I like most about Nitro is that you can turn your PDF into something more. The features such as blurring and editing are very convenient, easy to use and share.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was that the feature Quick Sign did not work for me, because when I tried to add it to the documents it did not show.

Emad
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Nitro PDF is the best PDF processor in the market in my opinion

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

it's simply the most amazing and practical PDF processor you could ever want.

Pros

Part of my job requires reading and editing reports and other files in PDF formats extensively among many other things, I used to try many different PDF processors either paid or free but each of them had its fair share of issues that i couldn't live with, until i switched to Nitro pdf which is now by far my favorite goto pdf reader and processor,since then i never looked back, it made my life easier and increased my productivity, it excels large and by far in performance department, it's very light and doesn't consume too much of your machine resources which mean it can work easily with any machine without the need for any certain requirements, it's very efficient when it comes to multitasking and has a very nice feature of batch processing where it can process multiple files at the same time easily and quickly, it's packed with tons of features that you could use to edit your pdf, it's compatible with other programs and can export your files to other formats so it can work flawlessly with them with no problem. it's very easy to learn and use, it has a very user friendly interface that you will find very similar to other programs.

Cons

I would say that the cloud support isn't the best and it needs a little attention but that won't ruin the great overall user experience you get out of this program.

Soda PDF

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

very heavy and resource consuming, and has tons of restrictions that i didn't like.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

It was cheaper and on sale so i give it a shot.
Matthew

Great PDF editor and e-sign platform

Reviewed on 6/5/2021

Nitro is a low cost PDF editor with ability to to e-sign and requests e-signatures from others. Nitro has greatly reduced the need to print and scan documents, while providing e-sign capabilities most customers now expect.

Pros

Priced way less than dotloop and DocuSign, with added benefit of full function PDF editor. Reduces need to scan and print documents. I like that e-signature parties automatically receive fully executed document via email attachment vs. having to go online and download from a site.

Cons

Desktop interface could be better and a bit more intuitive. Also wish the templates in cloud mode could be edited once set. Messaging and formatting on signature requests doesn’t look great.

DocuSign and dotloop

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Lower price, one time cost vs ongoing (monthly/annual) fees, combination of PDF editor with e-sign capabilities.
Hiran
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Powerful PDF software to work in PDF software.

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

The essential PDF software gives full access to create or edit the document file loaded with features and functions.

Pros

It gives full power over editing the document file. The user interface is user friendly with many layouts of tools. The document converter option available to convert pdf document to word and excel. E signature option is available to make a process paperless. The user can insert an image to the pdf document file and also set image resolutions. The user can encrypt the file with the password. Transition in between the tabs is smooth and quick. The software theme is available in light mode and dark mode. This software is robust and secured. Annotating option help the user to annotate the required fields in the document.

Cons

The subscription plan needs to be more flexible. The customer support is pathetic they are late responsive and the resolution of the issue is also late. The Nitro PDF reader is a bit slow in transition when the user opened multiple files.

Mark Anthony

Organized, combined, convert your PDF files with Nitro

Reviewed on 8/8/2022

I used to work on my pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader before however, things changed when I discovered Nitro PDF. It's very easy to use, user-friendly interface and is very suitable for small businesses.
Meanwhile, Pro Edition has a lot to offer especially for big businesses which totally worth the investment. I really love using it, and I would continue to use it and recommend it to my friends.

Pros

Nitro PDF is really good in terms of viewing, editing, merging, splitting, converting, reducing file size, deleting unwanted pages, and adding signatures to your PDF documents which means that you don't need to use third-party or external applications. It's very simple, very light with very low storage requirements. I have no experienced hanging while working with Nitro PDF.

Cons

I had some little concern with the conversion of PDF to MS Word files. Sometimes, you will lose the formatting you set up and you have to do the formatting again. But it's not a big deal actually. I still love it.

Shikha
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Efficient, Smart and User Friendly

Reviewed on 20/3/2019

I have had a good experience with Nitro so far and since I use this software on daily basis, I can vouch that it is the best on the market right now for small to medium scale companies.

Pros

I am an HR professional and have been using this software for almost 4 years now. This is one of the best PDF editor software in the market.
As an HR professional, I work with documents all day and we need to edit documents every time as per the employee/client’s specifications. Nitro PDF makes it easier for me to edit the document. It also provides features like electronic signing, adding comments, erase the unwanted sentences, highlighting and many other interesting features.
You can change the font of the text and make it compatible as per the rest of the document. It also allows you to stamp, watermark and add images to the document. It even provides a feature to combine and extract pages from a file.
It is user-friendly application and works well on Windows and has an in-built spell check feature.

Cons

There are times when the software stops working in the middle of work and the only option left is to close the file and start over. This is very annoying and disrupt the work. Not sure how true this is but it does not work well with IOS.

• Industry: Hospitality

Free PDF Creator

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

I love the PrimoPDF software. I've been using it for years and it's very easy to use once you have it installed on your computer.

Pros

I use Nitro's PrimoPDF printer and it not only saves me the cost of the expensive Adobe PDF software, the PrimoPDF works very well. Once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, it automatically shows up in your printer pull down window. It's easy to create a PDF to send to my client.

Cons

When you download the software, be careful not to allow it to also install secondary software on your computer that can cause problems. I had to work hard to uninstall the other software that came with the PrimoPDF. So pay attention to make sure you check the box that says not to install anything else while downloading.

Julie
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great for Many Uses

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

I have found Nitro to be a real timesaver with editing PDF files. You can quickly add text or update text, which is so helpful when you may not have the source document for editing.

Pros

Nitro is super simple to use, with no real training or instruction. I find it very intuitive. I use it frequently to combine PDF files, edit files, delete pages, etc. It makes my work much easier.

Cons

The only thing that I've found doesn't work perfectly every time is when you are trying to convert from a PDF into a Word or Excel file. The formatting doesn't translate properly. I have found that I can rarely use a converted document.

Calvin
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

A very robust pdf software

Reviewed on 5/9/2021

Nitro is able to do everything I expect it to. I use it to read, manage, edit and review documents all the time and have never had cause to complain.

Pros

Nitro is a complete package when it comes to managing pdf documents. It is able to convert files to pdf almost immediately (even for medium to large documents), edit documents, and easily add in notes and comments to facilitate team collaboration.

Cons

Text searching does not always work as expected. Beyond that, I haven't had any other issues with it.

Kaes

Richer features than other leading products

Reviewed on 22/1/2020

Overal very pleased as I mentioned above, love the features and the stability and seamless integration.

Pros

Nicer modern design, more robust search features, more flexible with tabs (can close all tabs to the right of a certain tab), viewing options and controls, very light on resources and integrates seamlessly with browsers. some of these features are not present in even the leading product.

Cons

In my use, I had no issues to report, editing probably is the only thing I missed In the free version.

Chris
  • Industry: Legal Services

Continuous adaptation

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

With the savings on cost and implementation and overall performance, Nitro has become key in our day to day business. It speeds up reaction time with clients and gives us flexibility to work with whatever information is sent our way. Creating documents that fit the needs of all our recipients, never having to worry that someone can't open or review what is sent.

Pros

In a document based environment, where we continually have the need to convert to pdf and then edit those and other pdf documents, Nitro has taken off the restraints with the multiple functions for editing. Whether converting to word processing, creating forms, extracting or deleting pages,including e- signatures or simply typing directly into a pdf doc, Nitro's simplicity for the complicated saves us time.

Cons

There are still bugs, such as using up too many system resources (which slows us down a bit, but overall we still save time) because of interaction with other programs. Direct conversions take a little longer with Nitro than others, but given the access to editing it is a fair tradeoff. Sometimes files appear to save larger than expected.

Sharanbasappa
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Make Your PDF Editable with Ease

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

Pros

One can easily edit the PDF.
It is very easy to operate.
It takes the fonts and size similar to the original while editing which is just awesome.
Easily Cut the page, delete, merge, insert or just do anything you want.
It makes your PDF as if it is a Word Document file.

Cons

Need regular updates. If number of files are more, it cannot easily convert and merge.

Brian

Ideal competitive PDF management tool

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

I use it to read PDF files every day. I occasionally use it to convert PDF files to Word and I also use it to combine several file types together to create a single PDF document. I combine images and other PDF files together to make a single PDF. They have to be combined in a certain order as they are an expense sheet with pictures of receipts.

Pros

This software is a great cost saver for creating, editing, and converting PDF files. Exporting to Word is a breeze and keeps most of the formatting. Combining mixed file types into a single PDF is a great utility.

Cons

Some files are not compatible with Nitro I have discovered. Those are usually ones with some kind of specific attribute or setting enabled that makes it not work well. I've only run into a couple of times. When adding folders in place of files to combine filed into a single PDF, the files are added in alphanumeric order instead of the way they were organized in the folder. It's an easy fix, but annoying nonetheless.

Elke
  • Industry: Legal Services

Good product but Customer Service no longer exists.

Reviewed on 7/7/2021

We have generally been impressed with each new version and the new features.

Pros

We have used Nitro since around version 6, and have been very happy with it. However, the software recently became a bit glitchy, and I wanted to upgrade our team licenses. I have tried FOR WEEKS to reach someone at the company. Service is a premium feature and you can't even get email assistance without other fees - but it's impossible upgrade to that feature online! I have even tried to reach sales to buy more and harmonize - zero responses, except for one auto-reply telling me to go back to the site. It's harder to reach a real person than it is at facebook.

Cons

We occasionally have to re-enter license numbers. We can't "scale" images on the pdfs to enlarge or reduce an image (just to crop).

Mantas
  • Industry: Accounting

Nitro user

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

Moved from their competitors and are very happy with pricing and functionality

Pros

Very cheap compared to other products, very easy to use. Finds every cell very , very easy to edit pdf files

Cons

Can be quite expensive for larger entities, doesn't open all PDF files sometimes, it might be glitch with provider

Felipe
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent tool for enhanced PDF use

Reviewed on 24/9/2021

Great working tool to have the best PDFs in and out

Pros

Nitro Pro it's a very complete and professional tool to create, open, edit, annotate, share, sign and protect yous PDFs. Easy to use locally and online

Cons

The Nitro Pro version, wich is the best it's a bit pricey