Quire

A visual collaborative platform for your great projects

4.7 /5 (101 reviews) Write a Review!

Shimon S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Wish I found this sooner

Reviewed on 23/4/2018

Most of my project are freelance and project based, so i require a project management platform that will allow me to manage several projects for more than one organization. I had been using Trello for this and whilst it has served be well, it does not have a good structure for organizing tasks and making sure they are followed up, in that sense its a bit too informal. Quire bring structure to the tasks and a simple interface that bring focus to clarity to the project.

Pros

From the moment I first started using it, everything just worked the way it should, incredibly intuitive, none of the bloating or over complicated functionality that other project/task management platforms suffer from. For me the killer feature it the 'tree structure' approach to task management, this is how it should be done, take a big task/project and break it into smaller and smaller manageable tasks. Each subtask has the same feature set as the main task which is exactly how it should be done because why should any task have less importance. The interface is clean and functional, everything is where is should be, it just works. You have Organizations, then projects, then tasks, which is a great way to organize things, especially if you are freelance like me and do projects for a number of different organizations. I am a long time trello user, and for anything looking for an alternative that does more than just kanban, this is for you, it will allow you to really structure tasks and make sure they are followed up.

Cons

No Kanban is going to be a big negative for many people, but apparently that is coming soon. Interface might be too simple for some people, or perhaps lacking features such as chat, message board, rich text markup, etc etc, but that could be seen as a good thing by others. Pricing has not been released either, that is something to be concerned about , especially if you invest time in adopting this platform but then it turns out to be overpriced. That is probably my biggest concern at the moment as features can be added all the time, but pricing can be a deal breaker.

Dianna S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Simple task software

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

Pros

Clean, open spaces, no clutter. Connected with Gmail easily

Cons

This software has no templates,. It is a very basic task software

Response from Potix

Hi Dianna,

I'm really sorry to learn that you didn't think Quire is a suitable tool for your business. Actually, we do have reusable templates on Quire. Also, most of the critical task software features are available on Quire, such as nested to do list to help you break down big goals into achievable tasks, Kanban board to help you get focused on what really matters in a short period of time, real time collaboration that allows work with teammates and always stay in sync, etc.

We still hope that in the future, you might consider give Quire another try and let us know what you think :) Have a wonderful day!

The Quire Team

Best To-Do list app!

Reviewed on 20/5/2020

Pros

One of the best project management apps I ever used. They have countless of features, but here are the ones that I love the most:
• Clean interface: know for their minimalism style and is built around the GTD method.
• Easy collaboration: A simple link that you can share with others.
• Kanban board
• Task Reminders
• Webpage+mobile app quick sync: They provide offline syncing.

Another huge plus is that they're completely free. No upgrade needed!

Cons

They don't have a Gantt Chart. Hope they're working on it! It's quite important for bigger teams because we need to keep track of individual tasks.

If you're getting started - don't look elsewhere

Reviewed on 16/8/2018

I'm mostly occupied with multiple projects and Quire has given me a way to simply put it across and visualize and switch between them. This simplicity is why I am a fan. Also - I trust the team is up for great work and I'd like to stick around and be a part of their success.

Pros

I've used quite a few project management tools but nothing come close to Quire when it comes to simplicity and beauty. But don't be mistaken, it is simple yet very powerful.

They have got amazing features to keep a track of your tasks with a detailed history under every project. There is also a convenient shortcut instructions reminding you of the keys to get things done quickly, and in the process, making you use to the entire Quire experience.

I rely on collaboration a lot in my projects, and Quire has a beautiful way of messaging and allocating tasks and keeping track of them.

Also - love the night mode!

The team is also very eager to learn from your feedbacks. Crystal have reached out to me multiple times checking on my feedbacks and also updating on when I can expect certain features I find missing - that is really impressive for a company bound to grow.

Cons

When I initially started using it, I found the important piece missing was to visualize my tasks, they have now added that as well with Kanban coming in! But what I'd even more appreciate about is perhaps a few important integrations like Google Calendar.

Also, not sure if they have plans to release a web-app tool for MacOS.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great, minimal and very useful!

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

I find myself very well with the quick approach of the creation of the task, both in the list view that board (clearly the inclusion of the task in lost, especially thanks to the tree mode is really fast, also excellent possibility to paste a text and convert it in single or multiple tasks I find myself very well, I hope they never change but always improve, leaving the possibility to have a dignified and democratic free plan, useful for those who do not have to make projkect management his job, but do not want to die in front of a "planned" limitation

Pros

Task tree, minimal, ability to customize with formatting and colors both tasks and descriptions, perfect switch between view list and board. At the moment the plan is totally free, I hope they do not fall into the same mistake as their competitors who will cut out the small non-profit groups that can not afford to pay such large sums (the competitors, as well as the programmed obsolescence, ride the threshold between a free useless tool and an honorable pro tool).
I hope that the free version will remain identical to the current one and the pro will have additional features

Cons

More than cons, I hope that the boards will no longer be in a drop-down list but viewed horizontally just like multiple excel sheets, in which there will be the various Kanban dividers (to do - on gong - complete). The chat section, which they call comments, is not very convenient. it would be useful to have it detached

Rômulo F.

It is a simple, complete and free system.

Reviewed on 5/3/2018

Pros

Quire offers a simple, unrestricted and intuitive interface based on the task tree idea. You can add hierarchical task lists without any type of constraint, and you can track deadlines, people in charge, teams, priorities and workflows. In this way, quire.io adapts easily to any production reality, regardless of its characteristics. Unlike other complex rules-loaded systems, quire.io gives users the freedom to set their own rules according to the characteristics of the institution or the production flow.
High costs for all this? Additional payments at the end of the month? High prices for each user?None of this. The quire is free and entitled to iOS and android apps. Periodically we are surprised with new features.

Cons

The quire has some limitations when it comes to filter or crossing information between different projects.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Quire (hey, I get the name now!)

Reviewed on 5/11/2018

So far so good!

Pros

Quire makes team collaboration a lot easier. Where other collaboration software focuses on getting the project done, Quire focuses more on the actual team dynamic and requirements. It's basically one giant, collective to-do list in one place. I can just log into my computer every day and see what needs to get done, and if I need someone else to do something, I can just attach their name to the task in the list. Very handy!

Cons

Learning how to use Quire took a little longer than I would have liked, but after working on a few projects with it, I got the hang of everything. A more comprehensive tutorial would work wonders.

Wayne V.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

The best so far

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

I'm using it for whole life organization; both personal life and professional life. It's proved successful at managing daily tasks as well as large work projects. There are a couple of features that could use improvement, but the developers seem very responsive.

Pros

Infinitely nestable lists. Why does no one else do this?!? These kinds of deeply nested lists are just how my mind works when it's trying to break down big projects. The downside is usually that list becomes unwieldy, long, and hard to look at. Not in Quire! You can fold and unfold tasks so you can more easily navigate the list and see items on the same level. An even bigger surprise and one that I had never even thought of was the ability to "zoom-in" to any task and just see it's children...brilliant!

Cons

I guess the lack of a timeline (like in Asana) or some other kind of Gantt chart. But really, I have not seen a single product where I can view a task in a list, on a board, on a calendar, *and* on a timeline. So it's not like they are behind anyone else.

Christiana F.
  • Industry: Photography

Intuitive & User-Friendly Management Software

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

If you're looking for a management software that's easy to use, easy to understand and saves you time, Quire is a great option!

Pros

Quire is a thorough project management software, while also remaining clean and simple. It's user-friendly and offers multiple ways to view your current tasks, which is helpful when team members all prefer different ways of tracking their tasks (i.e. list view, board view, etc.). Quire also allows you to create templates for repeating tasks or projects which saves a lot of time! Collaboration and communication on Quire is fairly easy- will be even better once you're able to customize which notifications to receive.

Cons

As of now, Quire does not have a desktop app so you need to use it on the web, which is not the most convenient. Also, their mobile app notification settings are very limited- I'd like to be able to customize my notifications so I see what's most important to me and not be bogged down by misc. notifications.

Sven B.
  • Industry: Automotive

intuitive, uncomplicated and well thought through

Reviewed on 27/9/2018

Me and my team have tried out several paid and free project management softwar options. We found that for most options the design was very comprehensive and proved to be too difficult to handle especially when trying to create and execute smaller tasks. We were pleasantly surprised when we tried Quire since we knew what to do almost instantly rather than taking several hours to work our way through. This way we can manage our project more effectively.

Pros

- simple and intuitive design and structure
- no unnecessary features
- generally uncomplicated
- quick and efficient

Cons

all of the following shortcomings of the software are in our opinion comparatively small
- no quick way to make confidential projects invisible to participants within an organisation
- no way to stop an E-Mail from being sent to everyone in an organisation when creating a project in an organisation

Rodrigo Y.

Easy, shareable, clean project and task list app.

Reviewed on 15/3/2018

Easily share how projects are developing from different areas of my company. The time spend on finding, modifying, creating, coming from a Kanban app was cut in half because the UX of Quire is pretty straight forward.

Pros

If you come from other tools, you will easily understand how Quire works. Specially because it has easy to access help guides and the CS team will prompt help with any questions on a board made to discuss what it can be improve .

Cons

At the beginning I was a bit frustrated searching for how to do something, and because the interface is so clean you can easily become upset - but reaching out for help was easy and welcoming.
If you are used to Kanban, maybe you wont enjoy the task list only view - you can, though, change and filter how you want the list to appear!

Joan M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Terrific program for freelancers!

Reviewed on 30/1/2019

I've looked at dozens of project management programs and none of them fit my needs as a freelance writer...until I found Quire! It's perfect for someone like me who writes columns for many different publications (in my case, newspapers)...yet some papers run one column a month, another paper runs two, every paper has different deadlines, and they all have different pay structures. Quire allows me to set up each newspaper as a separate task, then create sub-tasks and sub-sub-tasks under each one so I can keep track of what my deadlines are, when I should invoice, etc. It's simple enough that I had NO problem setting it up & organizing things, yet it's sophisticated enough to adapt to all my needs.

Pros

Everything, so far...especially the ability to set up task and sub-tasks.

Cons

There are no cons that I've been able to detect, so far!

João marcos villela M.

The best task management tool ever! Clean and intuitive with nice iOS app.

Reviewed on 28/3/2018

Quire provides me a wonderful mindfulness control of my daily to-do lists and projects.

Pros

I have been using Quire for months. Controlling my work and my personal stuff. Also I have invited my girlfriend and we enjoy as a team organizing our whishes, accounts, task lists and life projects. By the way, she is a lover quire too. I strongly recommend quire for who wants stay mindfulless. :-)

Cons

I can not find anything to complain about quire. Because the tool delivers what they promesse. New features as a kanban view, mind map, calendar and integrations with zapier/IFTTT are anxiously expected by users. But the support and development team have already know about that.

Michael P.

Great for organisations with various teams/division highly intuitive handling

Reviewed on 18/2/2017

As a non profit private school with parents cooperating in many teams to make possible an affordable operation of such an institution we were very happy to find this platform that enhances communication and fulfilling of tasks remarkably. There are very few features still missing which is absolutely not a reason for complaint about a free tool! AND: We are looking forward to further improvements announced by the absolutely fantastic customer support confident to add the missing two asterisks soon!
(Special bonus for us being in Austria: German user interface available!)

Pros

German user interface
intuitive handling
options to hierarchise tasks deeply

Cons

member limitation for organisations instead of account

Rodrigo S.

Everything I can ask for a management platform for teams, Quire provides with excelence.

Reviewed on 28/5/2018

Organization, review, overview of projects.

Pros

Right now it is free and full of features that other platforms offers but with a high cost.
I'm using this to organize my team.

Cons

There is no thing I dislike of Quire. I've searched a lot, used some other platform before and really enjoyed Quire.

Mariano C.
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Been using Quire as a way to list my development roadmap tasks in a visual way. So far no...

Reviewed on 8/9/2017

Pros

I like that Quire is visually attractive and simple to use. I like that I can pretty much nest task infinitely since it works for my development roadmap needs!

Cons

When sharing my projects, users have to register an account to view my lists. This is a bit annoying!

Chris L.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great app, but still missing Android support

Reviewed on 4/7/2017

All the things mentioned under "pros," especially good, simple collaboration.

Pros

Easy to use; easy to work with others; responsive and friendly support; no training required; and the interface is nice and clean.

Cons

Two years ago, they said "mobile" was their 1st priority, only to clarify later that they meant iOS only, and not mobile in general. Then last year, they said Android was their 1st priority, but we are halfway through 2017 and Android support is still a no-show. As a workaround, they will tell you how to run their site in a browser, but that doesn't work so well, as it means very basic functionality, such as push notification, is missing.

This is why I've down-rated overall quality, features, value (even though it's free) and customer support (even though they are friendly) - there's very little value here for Android users, no matter how cheerfully they keep telling us it's their top priority.

Jesse W.

Fantastic software; great for layers of detailed tasks

Reviewed on 31/10/2014

Quire was the perfect answer to manage a couple of UI audit projects that ended up having hundreds of tasks over dozens of different pages. The infinite nested tree structure made it easy to zone in to a specific section, and the added benefit of having description, attachment and comment threads PER INDIVIDUAL TASK made it that much more powerful. I've used other task managers like Wunderlist and Workflowy, but Quire had the right amount of speed, usability and enjoyable user interface to be the solution of choice.

• Industry: Biotechnology

The beter system for Organize my life

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Very easy to organize my life

Pros

Freedom for planning my life.

Thanks.

Cons

Nothing, the software is Very easy tô compreensing

Dee C.
  • Industry: Animation
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Quire as collaborative task management

Reviewed on 13/9/2018

Support is awesome and pro-active. I'll be keeping an eye on Quire and switch to it as soon as custom fields will be available.

Pros

The overall simplicity is a pleasure, and the user experience (look, reactivity) is very pleasant.

Cons

There's a couple of features I miss (user fields, custom stat/report, API)

Charlene H.

Simple, fast yet extremely powerful

Reviewed on 29/10/2014

Quire is everything we've been looking for! Simple, fast yet functional and full of pleasant surprises!

Bella W.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

The best in the business when it comes to completing projects

Reviewed on 20/2/2019

Quire is the best option for a deadline-driven job, with plenty of help and tools for the perfect time and expense management.

Pros

The simplicity and elegance of this program is amazing. The key to a great project is organization, and this app is perfectly tailored to the needs of any business with projects to complete.

Cons

I would love to see a log of completed projects broken down into weeks, months, years, etc. so that you could reflect on past accomplishments.

Elise C.

A Checklist on Steroids

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

We're having our Support team use it to track all of the little to large tasks they need to work on so fewer tasks fall through the cracks. I use it for project management in creating training content for our company.

Pros

- Nested checklists
- Ability to adjust settings for each task regardless if it is nested or not
- Incredible due date functionality
- Constant updates based on customer feedback
- Free to use
- Basic reporting capability
- Kanban board
- Many ways to visualize what you're working on (tags, statuses, due dates, descriptions, assignees)

Cons

- Seems simple to use, but there's so many details to learn. Having training would be great!
- Sometimes updates interrupt my workflow. I can usually learn to work around it.

Mel K.

Finally a tool with kanban agility AND big picture structure capability

Reviewed on 31/7/2020

Easy to get up and running and stick to it.

It's easy to end up using tools intermittently - oh I should get organised -> spend time organising -> get busy -> too much effort to organise ->oh I should get organised...

So far, I've managed to maintain a consistent level of using it to drive what I'm focusing on rather than it being an after-the-fact overhead which is what most tools devolve to when they're too separated from how we really work.

Pros

The thing that Quire does best is exactly what I've struggled with using tools such as Trello. Most of us don't get the luxury of being able to work on only one thing, and keeping track of all the different buckets of stuff without an overarching structure is a cognitive load that can become overwhelming.

Quire let's you create a structure containing multiple buckets, create views (sublists) to work with the parts that are relevant for different teams, play with structures until it all makes sense - everything that makes it easy to manage competing priorities and swap "hats".

Each focus can then be managed on a board view while maintaining sync with the overall list view.
This has become my absolute favourite personal productivity tool and I'm just starting to recruit others so I can prove it in a team context - there is a Trello conversion which worked well for my personal todos but might not be quite as smooth for the mammoth boards we have for dev work.
Oh, and, it's absolutely free!!!

Cons

It's still pretty new so people don't know about it. There is an app market but few options as yet - for example, integration with Outlook is only with Todos, not meetings, and only one way (Quire->Outlook). I'd love to be able to add Outlook meetings automatically into my Today, Tomorrow, This Week, Next Week board so I don't overload tasks into a meeting heavy day (that reminds me - ability to do recurring tasks is built in, yay!)

Zach B.

Great To-Do list with excellent features and phenomenal customer support

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

The ability to organize my tasks more efficiently than ever before

Pros

The hierarchical ordering of tasks has allowed me to break down my to-do list into extremely organized and manageable goals. The additional functionality of Quire (priority setting, tags, filtered and sorted views, etc.) only adds to their already fantastic platform.

Additionally, their customer service is out of this world. Within several days of signing up for Quire, Crystal, a member of their team, reached out to me via email asking how I was liking the product. I responded with a question that was answered within 15 minutes (at 10pm no less). I then responded, adding that I thought the addition of data regarding the time spent on tasks would be helpful, and Crystal emailed back writing that Quire will add a timer feature for such a purpose.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the software and can't wait to see it progress as its popularity increases (as I'm sure it will).

Cons

The only thing I would like to see that currently does not exist is the aforementioned timing data for tasks. As I said in my pro column, when I mentioned this to Crystal, I got a quick response saying that a feature would be added, so I can't say I even have any cons.