Revel A.

Serves my purposes

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

I use Meistertask in two different jobs. One, with a team, to move individual participation in a larger project through a specific process. The other is to keep tickets on tasks with complex and repetitive "do lists" in order to move those tickets through a larger process involving registration and licensing of machinery. In both cases I am generally satisfied with the flexibility of Meistertask towards my needs and project management style.

Pros

It's not got a heady learning curve. It's pleasant to look at. New team members catch on at once.

Cons

Comments should be dated rather than "two days ago" for accuracy.
Data export needs to be more agile.
Task timing needs a label feature (identification of each time frame timed)

Response from Meister

Hi Revel,
Thank you for your review!

When you hover over comments in the Activity and Comment section, the date and time when they were posted will be displayed. Point taken though, we may want to display it right away instead of "x days ago" - i'll forward your suggestion to our developers, as well as your further ideas. We appreciate the feedback :)

Best,
Your MeisterTeam

Ken S.
  • Industry: Design

Preferred alternative to Trello

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

I use MT mostly for managing to-do lists, mapping out project plans, and scheduling tasks.

Pros

MeisterTask suits me better because it is more visual - other products in this category value function over form, but that leaves them harder for me to use. MT has a better UI experience - colors works better, functions are in the right place, and actions are more intuitive. The Dashboard view is the best part, makes all the difference for me.

Cons

I still find myself choosing the wrong buttons - like completing a task vs just closing a window, but these are trivial.

Alejandro M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Very useful and easy to sync.

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

It has helped us to be synchronized with my team, and be up to date with all the tasks and "to do's" of each day at work, and of course to know when do we have to hurry with a request, or with a specific task.

Pros

What I like the most about MeisterTask is the ease of use. Very easy to upload a task.

Cons

It's missing some free features that other platforms have, or at least the competitors have them in their basic plan.

Scott F.

Get Stuff Done!

Reviewed on 4/8/2019

I was really bad at managing my own time and tasks. I'm a small business owner AND a subcontractor not only for several companies directly, but also am available for hire as an IT consultant, so I have TONS of ways that tasks can come at me, and from many different people. I needed a way to organize this all, in one place, plus makes notes and attach files to tasks, and make things "more" than just a list. I played with several different platforms out there, but MeisterTask's layout, multiple application platforms and abilities spoke to me the loudest. At this point I am on-point AND on-task, and no longer forget to do things. In-fact, I often get compliments on how attentive I am to client needs! This is all thanks to MeisterTask.

Pros

It's free, obviously that has to be the first HUGE pro. Sure, the free version has limits, and paid versions expand that, but for MOST people the free version works flawlessly. Another huge pro for me is that they have APPS for every system, not just mobile devices, or widgets for web browsers, but they have an actual program for Windows and for Mac too. So rather than tie up another browser window, I can have an actual program that I can have open and tracking my activities. I love the team collaboration features, which comes in REALLY handy for me connecting employers as a subcontractor. Another HUGE plus for me is integration with other apps, like GMail for one, allowing me to create tasks from emails and more.

Cons

There is a fairly large gap in pricing and abilities between their different versions and plateaus, which is annoying to me. I also find the fact that they limit checklists in tasks as part of their free/paid features pretty petty.

Daniel L.

Enjoying Meister

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

In over all I like it I can have different projects and people and I can run all in easy way

Pros

The UI is nice, and what I most love is you can track your time! and make relations between cards

Cons

the price! definitely if I want to make pro I'm not sure that I can pay for it yet is not there something that make me feel that have great value for be pro

Shawn O.

Great product

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

Good experience. Friendly and quick customer support staff, and a functional and regularly-updated product that does exactly what it says it will. Love the customization options, too!

Pros

The visual display, ability to customize lists, color coding, and tagging all make MeisterTask easy to use for even team members who are not very tech-savvy. Updating the entire team about a part of a project is as simple as drag-and-drop. Commenting nests to help you follow conversations, and you can "watch" the bits that matter to you-- which has really helped minimize slack in our work. I also really love that I can set my own due dates for each tile and get a reminder email to help me follow up more easily. I also really appreciate the data security and stability. Definitely a great kanban board product.

Cons

Occasionally we've had integration issues with Dropbox, but those seem to have been mostly resolved with the latest update (fingers crossed). The app version of the product is also a little bit iffy on some devices (doesn't always update or follow along with the user). However, no significant issues with the desktop version.
I wish there was the ability for an admin user to turn off "completed" ability for users. Sometimes my team clicks "completed" instead of "close" which is annoying (but thankfully fixable!). I also wish that the downloadable excel version had a better way to navigate the checklist and comments, but that's a small thing compared to how great everything else is.

Response from Meister

Hi Shawn,
Thank you for all this feedback, this will be forwarded to our developers to consider it for future updates!

Have a great day,
you MeisterTeam

Nicola P.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

At Last I've Found Something That Really Works

Reviewed on 23/5/2019

I am professional artist so I'm using it for art projects - the creative and marketing tasks involved are generally the same - I've used the task template function to save time with all the to do's - it's provided me with more structure and consistency and has jogged my memory so many times and kept me on track. It makes managing so many subtasks so much easier - and seeing them laid out in a visually pleasing and easy to access way makes for a calmer mind and less stress. I have one renovation project which has a huge number of tasks and sub tasks. Previously I had written lists which were ok, but using Meistertask has made it so much easier to manage them, as well as giving me somewhere to record my thoughts in the comments under each task so that thinking through problems and making decisions can sit in the same place. When I get a random thought or a link related to a task, I can add it via the app and it's not lost in the maelstrom. I'm using the free version which gives so much value, I'm considering using a paid version just so I can access the stats and see my progress but that is just icing on the cake really. I absolutely love, love, love Meistertask and highly recommend it. It's changed my life and I enjoy using it every day.

Pros

It's visually pleasing to work with, you can colour code projects and add coloured tags which makes it easier to see what is going on. You can build custom task lists to reuse that saves a lot of time. You can put things into "focus" and add deadlines. Adding in links, files and comments makes tasks easier to think through and access reference material within the context of planning. There is so much functionality even with the free version.

Cons

There is no calendar function without integrating with another app. It would be awesome to be able to see scheduled tasks laid out in a calendar.
I've sometimes had difficulty visualising overarching goals and tracking habits (I'm using the free version so there are no stats available).

Estefano O.

Great App

Reviewed on 8/5/2020

Like I said, it's great. Just I would add some feature that allows you to change the view from "task columbs" to a calendar, instead of have to go to google calendar. But maybe it would be overcomplicated, so the simplest the better. Less is More ;)

Pros

The best of this app is the simplicity of create and organize tasks. You can assign tasks to the members of your team and that´s so powerfull. I plan all my proyects, business stuff and also my life objectives and routines. I didn't try the premium plan, but I am sure that his connectivity with other apps are also great.

Cons

I like everything in general. Just I had some problems at notifications on the mobile app, cause many times I haven't received the messages or deadline times notifications. Maybe is a mobile problem and not because de app, but I know other people that had the same issue.

Alvin L.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Meistertask

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

We use Meistertask as a Project Collaboration tool. It has provided excellent features in this area and provides all the functionality we require using the free version.

Pros

- Free Version is feature packed and provides most functionality of software, Paid gives you more customization
- Seamless integration and use from desktop environment to mobile environment
- Reminders for overdue tasks
- Open communication on projects with our Projects Team

Cons

- Occasionally crashes
- Once or Twice when the program opens for the first time it seems to open off screen, no amount of changing resolution, reboots or maximize or minimizing the program helps, program needs to be reset

Nijat M.

Review about MeisterTask

Reviewed on 14/5/2019

I truly love that Meistertask has a clock highlight to follow how much time my group spends on ventures. I use Meistertask in my entire association to oversee undertakings and errands. Having the option to make huge amounts of isolated tasks and offer with specific individuals is incredible. Having the option to remark on explicit to-dos is extraordinary. Having the option to team up with individuals and offer is incredible. I truly like the MeisterTask interface. Perfect, wonderful and composed.

Pros

The interface is natural. It's flawlessly done. You needn't bother with any directions to get up and going. They have truly centered in around the most significant parts of assignment management.Then altering the classes and simple expectation to absorb information (so natural!). Precisely what I was searching for. It has genuinely streamlined my customer based undertakings. Also, I cherish that I can keep my daily agenda in a sorted out region that I can access on any gadget. It's additionally incredible that other colleagues can team up on errands.

Cons

The coordination with MindMeister is somewhat awkward and could be streamlined

I can sincerely say I don't have a solitary terrible thing to state about Meistertask.

I have no bad things to say. About the main thing I've missed is shared task gatherings.

There is nothing that I don't care for about this product. I have attempted a wide range of assignment chiefs previously and this one is impeccable.

Lokman S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The best Task management tool to date

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

Pros

UX
Integrations
It is really intuitive and makes you use it daily.

Cons

Project management features are basic.
No GANT Chart, you can not assign to more than one person.
Time tracking features are very basic.

Jeff C.
  • Industry: Printing

Great Project Organizer

Reviewed on 12/7/2019

As stated above, MeisterTask has helped me optimize production and made operations more efficient.

Pros

Since I began using MeisterTask, it has increased by productivity in my print shop. I have been able to create projects and place them in my to-do list by automating the requisitions. Prioritizing and keeping track of the progress has made the operation more efficient.

Cons

I have a few suggestions for upgrades that I am planning to send to the developers. Otherwise, I don't have anything to "complain" about.

Vaughan W.
  • Industry: Music

Best Productivity app I've ever used!

Reviewed on 16/1/2019

Pros

I've tried about 10-15 different productivity apps - some web based, some app based, some do both - and there is not a single one as robust and flexible as Meistertask. I am a professional mastering engineer for a Grammy award winning Mastering House. There has been no better way to keep track of incoming calls, current clients and pending projects than this app. I can assign tasks to other engineers, add checklists for tasks, and even clearly mark who has paid and who still owes us money. I can't find any other app that has a layout I can control as intuitively. Couldn't be happier!

Cons

I wish I could batch move tasks to another Section. When I need to complete tasks, but move them to another section, the drag/drop works well for one at a time, but when I complete multiple tasks at once, it would be nice to move a bunch - on all platforms, web and iOS.

Elly C.
  • Industry: Design

Organization Obsession

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Using this has totally transformed my productivity. I include everything on here from projects to leads to blog post ideas. I love everything about it.

Pros

It is impossible to list out everything I like about this software. The design, the interface, the functionality - all of it. OUTSTANDING.

Cons

Literally nothing. Everything is spectacular. But if you REALLY want a "least," maybe having more icons in the columns options would be nice. Also, maybe categorizing the projects on the home view?

Ana U.

Ideal to work with your team

Reviewed on 4/6/2019

My overall experience with MeisterTask is very positive, Good experience. Takes time assign task and get everything ready but absolutely worth it.

Pros

MeisterTask is ideal to work with your team and have a better view of your project, tasks and progress. What I like most about MeisterTask is the possibility to attach elements like pictures, notes, files, etc.

It is a good option if you want to schedule tasks and priorities.

I like you can connect MeisterTask with MindMeister, it is very useful

Cons

I think the MeisterTask team are doing a good job offering all the features possible to make our business easy and effective.

Rudy P.
  • Industry: Music

Innovation out of imagination! Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/8/2019

MeisterTask reduced a lot the time of the processes and reduced my working day. What can I say better than that?

Pros

Sync a team has never been so easy and fast for me! it's a task manager on the edge to become a CMR.

Cons

In my opinion, there's only one little missing piece of this perfect puzzle of functions: more integration with Shortcuts (Apple) as with IFTTT. Once MeisterTask will communicate more with Shortcuts, I think I can stop work!

Martyn S.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

At last organisation made clear

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

I have found Meister Task realy helpfull in organising a very varied workload. Being able to use the app and web-based view is extremely especially useful. I work with University students that have disabilities and many conditions make University life difficult Meister Tasks has proved to be a great help.

Pros

The simplicity of use and the very clear layout and the cross-platform use make this software a pleasure to use.

Cons

I would find it helpful to insert icons for different tasks for ease of reference.

• Used Other for 1+ year

Great Task Board Option

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

Overall, I have enjoyed using Meistertask as it has provided me the ability to manage my workload and communicate with my team.

Pros

I like how you can create projects with different teams and then categories within each project so then you can add your tasks accordingly. The UI is pretty easy to figure out and I like how there is a mobile app available for when I'm not in the office.

Cons

A few minor UI related items such as having to click the "X" when saving the task; it's not intuitive and makes me think that I am not saving my data. I would expect to see some sort of Save button. I also wish there was better layouts for printing.

Jon G.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Where all others fail MeisterTask shines

Reviewed on 30/6/2019

I have manage numerous teams, in different countries, with a lot of people working remotely or at site so a solid, fully functional mobile app is a must. MeisterTask ticks all the boxes.

Pros

The clean well laid out interface and the push notification makes MeisterTask really stand out. After trying almost ALL other solutions, this ones the winner. Heads and shoulders above the rest.

Cons

I think the linked tasks portion needs some work, its somewhat unclear what the other functions do aside from the "Blocked By". Also having a "Personal" to-do list where tasks are automatically assigned to oneself would be a nice to have in future releases.

Joey K.

Great for project management or simple tasks

Reviewed on 17/1/2019

I've tried numerous task/project management services (Asana, Basecamp, etc.) but none of them have been as sticky as MeisterTask. It's just so easy and fun to use that it's no longer a chore to keep organized. In fact, it's so easy, I even push my kids to keep their school/life tasks in it. That doesn't mean there's no depth to the software; it is there. It's just designed in a way that simple task management is possible while more powerful features are just a touch away. More people should know about this software!

Pros

The interface is very intuitive. It's beautifully done. You don't need any instructions to get up and going. They have really focused in on the most important aspects of task management.

Cons

I have no complaints. About the only thing I've ever missed is shared project groups.

Ricardo C.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Organizing the work space on the cloud

Reviewed on 15/1/2019

As a travel agency, we develop a full trip which includes many operators along the way, all with different requirements and time deadlines. Also we need to have the right information at hand 24/7. Is really PERFECT for us... as it keeps all our projects together.

Pros

FUNCTIONALITY::: we need to collect many data to actually manage a project. Images, documents, notes, diagrams, and it all fit!
TIME LIMITS::: It actually has a time marker function... so we know what is really urgent
CLEAR PRESENTATION::: is very easy to move things around
MULTI PLATFORM::: we can inmediatly check the same on the mobile, pc, tablet... simply awesome

Cons

There are some little twicks ... like for example when you are editing some notes... and press the delete button... it actually deletes the note!
Other is maybe a little section resizing would be perfect and to insert some notes within the note

Will P.

Life saver, life changer!

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

This product has played a key role in my advancements and promotions throughout the years. A lot of my success is because of MeisterTask. I'm no longer afraid to take on roles, projects, departments or anything that requires strong leadership because I know MeisterTask will help me organize it all.

Pros

The ability to add multiple projects with many different viewers and contributors to a particular project. Also love that you can add resources such as documents to specific tasks making it the go-to application for anything needed for that task.

Cons

The only con I've experienced is permissions. I would love to invite a "Viewer" without permission to contribute to a project or give permission to a task in the project.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Saved me as a freelancer

Reviewed on 16/1/2019

The ease of MeisterTask has helped me keep my sanity and productivity as a freelancer. Black and white note-keeping has never been as effective for me as I had always hoped it would be; it would always start to blur together. MeisterTask provides the perfect visual analogue to a physical organization system combined with easy note-taking and ways to keep details of a job organized.

Pros

It allows me to keep momentum on a job going by quickly inputting all pertinent info for a job that I can easily reference and move around as I complete various stages of it. I also love being able to drag-and-drop reference images into a task and quickly format notes as lists or sub-lists, and being able to access and make changes to my client's jobs from any device.

Cons

There's not much of MeisterTask that I've been dissatisfied about, honestly. Sure, I'd like to change the background of my dashboard but I can't complain, since I use the free version, and the free version works just as I need it to as-is. Something I'm very thankful for.

Kelly S.

Kick Your Planner Aside

Reviewed on 25/3/2019

It's been good. Customer Support is very ready to assist when needed. Again, it's very easy to use and to get started with.

Pros

It's ease of use and the app on the phone. It easily connected my small team together.

Cons

Sometimes there are bugs - like hitting the delete button or back button (can't recall) when adding content to a job and suddenly the job is archived.. .But overall - I used a planner for 26+ years and have used multiple job systems over the years. This is the first one to ever get me to walk away from my paper planner.

Response from MeisterLabs

Thanks for the great review Kelly! We are very happy to hear that MeisterTask is the perfect tool for you!

Akil T.
  • Industry: Entertainment

My experience with MeisterTask

Reviewed on 27/2/2019

Absolutely Superb! I'll most likely use it for life. 5 Stars!

Pros

I LOVE that I can create multiple projects and individual tasks and checklists within the projects to really stay on top of my massive musical works. This has been a tremendous help in the production and organization of all my musical work and original stories, etc. I appreciate it's organization and easy use functions!

Cons

Sometimes I wish I could still access the program without using wifi, cause at times I will be out of wifi range but I still want to get work done and check things off my list, and when you are not connected to wifi the program doesn't open up or display your available projects.

Response from MeisterLabs

We're extremely happy to hear that MeisterTask is helping you to manage your music projects! Thanks or the great review Akil.