MeisterTask

4.7 (1,042)
Collaboration and task management tool

(1,042)
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.7/5
4.4/5

Mutegeki
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Improved project planning and management

Reviewed on 9/9/2019

Before Meister Task, having a centralized Project management system that allowed us to keep track of projects, assign tasks and reporting on progress was a nightmare. We find it a lot easier these days because of MT.

Pros

The software platforms are seamlessly integrated and I have access to my tasks on the go.

Cons

I haven't yet found any issues with this software but as soon as I do, I'll definitely bring them up to the dev team. However, providing for the ability to add project level resources (files and attachments) would be nice. Absence of email updates on pending tasks (not calender based) could also be useful.

TeamGantt

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask

I found the Meister Task software a lot easier to integrate, no clutter, straightforward, etc

TeamGantt
Denise

It's great for task/project management and I like using it

Reviewed on 3/6/2022

I enjoy almost everything about this program. It does what it's supposed to and does it well.. It's a pleasure to use and does exactly what I need it to do: keep track of tasks and projects. For agile management, it's a very useful Kanban-style tool MeisterTask's interaction with MindMeister is one of my favorite features.

Pros

This software is fantastic. It's much easier to communicate with the entire team at the same time this way. As a way to keep everyone working together at all times, we use this method. It's convenient for us because we're often on the go, so we use it on our tablets.

Cons

There's nothing else I'd want to add at this time. It's nice, however I'm not sure if the fee is preventing me from becoming pro. I'm not a fan of the subscription licensing model in general. In my opinion, I prefer to get a product license, and then pay for an update if necessary.

Muhammad
  • Industry: Automotive

Meister task offers a very good Kanban board with various customization options

Reviewed on 26/3/2018

After starting my current job, I was amazed by the new workflow that required high level of autonomy. This imposed a very challenging task for me, how can I be organized and have a single view that covers all my projects scope.

After shopping around for few weeks, I landed on Miester Task. I was amazed by the very easy to use interface and the customization options that allow you to build your own board the way you like.
I ended up recommending it to other colleges who really liked it and are continuously using it.

Pros

1. Easy to use, no need for any training. I was able to build various boards for work and home in few minutes.
2. Highly customizable, you can create your own categories.
3. Can easily link tasks/cards to a real or virtual people, giving myself the freedom to invite colleges or keep the board personal.
4. Really liked the idea of having a category icon, the tool offers a lot of options for these icons.

Cons

1. Limited integration with other tools, unlike other offerings in the market.
2. Even though mobile apps are available all across (Windows 10, Andriod and iOS), they tend to be unstable at times (Specifically Andriod and Windows apps)
3. Notifications aren't there, I rarely see any email or mobile notification for the app (even if a task is past-due)!
4. Very customizable interfaces leading to continuous changes, this is more of a user issue (myself), but I prefer to have so templates that can be used as a guideline.

Abby

Feature-Rich Task and Project Management Software

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

MeisterTask is a pleasure to use and our team has readily adopted the platform. We have seen an increase in productivity and I believe our projects have been much smoother since implementing the platform.

Pros

I have used many different project and task management platforms but MeisterTask is by far the best, easiest to use platform. Every other project management platform I used in the past was missing a critical feature that would require us to use a different tool for that functionality. MeisterTask truly has every feature our team needs and there is very little functionality missing from any tools within the platform. It is great for team project management, personal task management, project planning with Kanban style boards, creative project development and so much more.

Cons

Our team is often working offsite and some team members don't always have access to internet. There is no offline functionality within the app which is extremely frustrating for those team members as they have to take notes using another method and upload those notes into MeisterTask later.

ClickFunnels and Basecamp
Mario

MeisterTask for customer journeys

Reviewed on 21/6/2022

It's an easy to use tool. You can invite others to join a board and work with you without sending them a big tutorial to use it.

Pros

It's easy to use and you can easily adapt things to your preferred overview.

Cons

If you want to use it in combination with (a lot of) other tools (what is possible) you have to invest a little amount of time to get it done.

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask

In MeisterTask there are more features and there is MindMeister to use a mind mapping tool.

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

MeisterTask serves more features than Trello
Alejandro
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Very useful and easy to sync.

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

It has helped us to be synchronized with my team, and be up to date with all the tasks and "to do's" of each day at work, and of course to know when do we have to hurry with a request, or with a specific task.

Pros

What I like the most about MeisterTask is the ease of use. Very easy to upload a task.

Cons

It's missing some free features that other platforms have, or at least the competitors have them in their basic plan.

Zenkit, Trello, KanbanFlow and Asana

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

I liked the user interface, and the ease of synchronization with all the iOS devices. Also that you can create many projects without paying more.
Ana

Ideal to work with your team

Reviewed on 4/6/2019

My overall experience with MeisterTask is very positive, Good experience. Takes time assign task and get everything ready but absolutely worth it.

Pros

MeisterTask is ideal to work with your team and have a better view of your project, tasks and progress. What I like most about MeisterTask is the possibility to attach elements like pictures, notes, files, etc.

It is a good option if you want to schedule tasks and priorities.

I like you can connect MeisterTask with MindMeister, it is very useful

Cons

I think the MeisterTask team are doing a good job offering all the features possible to make our business easy and effective.

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

Easy to use, the possibility to work with multiple users and the way we can assign tasks
Francisco

Better than Trello

Reviewed on 30/4/2021

Its great, better than the alternatives, and has better interface

Pros

I can create kanban boards easily and manage them via the app seamlessly. Also I can create unlimited projects and review them in real time.

Cons

Actually for the way I use it I dont find any problems and havent reached any impasse due any limitations. I can create unlimited projects with ease.

Eldar

The most optimal version of Kanban applications

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

Pros

The software is quite easy to start using even if a user is without any experience. It makes any team collaboration much easier and more convenient. Much time and mental resources will be saved.

Cons

I could not detect anything I like least about this application.

Kimberly
  • Industry: Online Media

MEISTERTASK needs no mistress

Reviewed on 6/1/2023

It was good, but very frustrating. Just not so easy to use when using it irregularly. When the team moved to another tool (ASANA), I was NOT happy. After a couple of years, I was used to what was difficult to use already with this software. However, at first glance, ASANA seemed easier. (But, it is just that we do less things...less steps are required...is it the tool or the organizer? Hmm....)

Pros

Loved that it had all the tools needed to plan and execute projects for one to a team of folks on various levels.

Cons

Since it is a full-fledged product, the UI/X could make it easier to navigate. With so many things available (time tracker, etc.) there needs to be an easy way to onboard onto it.

Danielle
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great for tracking Weekly and Daily Big Three Tasks (Big Rocks, other tasks, etc.)

Reviewed on 16/4/2020

I originally downloaded the application to attempt to tackle some #StayatHome projects. These are personal projects as I am unemployed. I find that the visual layout on the web-version is compelling and I enjoy using it. The reminders on my phone are limited, no snooze feature if you're stuck on another task, but overall decent anyway. I would and have recommended this product and will likely do so again.

Pros

I love the overall layout and design look of the software. I use the web-based version and the Android version. I like that I can get a good picture of what my day looks like - what I've planned to do, and what I may be missing from my tasks that needs to be done. It is a great companion to my Full Focus Planner, a Franklin planning system, and a general task list.

Cons

I wish the free version had more projects - something like 4 to 6 would be great. My budget may allow me to purchase the full (I think Pro) version. I am using this for just myself right now, but can see how a business could make use of it. Like most To-do apps, a decent snooze feature is lacking. Sometimes I am in the middle of working on a task and need a few more minutes to finish up - snoozing an upcoming item is always helpful.

Alexandra
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Enables a great overview & isn't too complicated

Reviewed on 21/4/2020

Pros

It looks really nice and allows us to have a much better overview over the multitude of tasks we need to keep track of. Also, my non-tech-colleagues can use it easily as well. We use the "kanban board" in a slightly different way - using columns for different task groups like "quality management" or "orders" and subdivide it into the tasks that need to be finished. Being able to see how much of a task is done and who is currently working on it is also very nice.

Cons

We purchased an upgrade, but when we weren't on time for the payment it was confusing to get back to the basic version. Because that was so intransparent we're currently using the basic version although we've payed for the upgrade.
Also, that bar you use to scroll - especially at the bottom of the screen to side-scroll is tiny - we often use Meistertask on a 13" screen, so if you could enlarge that, it would be great. Assigning multiple people to one task would also be a nice improvement. And do you have more colors?

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask

Cause using an Excel Spreed sheet for Task Management is not efficient...

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

- Data Protection - the server must be in Germany, or our company will not allow its use - Data protection - no tracking of employees - easy to use
Marcus
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Maximizes Your Time, Minimizes the Learning Curve

Reviewed on 10/6/2019

Overall, the experience is wonderful. It relives stress rather than adding the stress of learning a new tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Unlike other project management platforms, Meistertask is not only affordable, but it allows you to do more with their basic features which only amplify with one of the paid versions. Meistertask is not only a great tool to help speed up workflow, it is also highly intuitive. Even if you haven't used the platform before, you most likely will be up and running within 30 minutes. It's drag and drop interface is incredibly fast, east, and straight forward making it ideal for beginner and advanced users.

Cons

The only issue that I have with the software is the lack of list view for the project workflow. I also would like to see calendar view of the current projects and not just in reporting view.

Planning Center and Asana

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask

Affordability, capabilities, and ease of use for casual computer users.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

It beautifully combined the core features I needed into one place.
Danny
  • Industry: Automotive

Fresh and nice Look - just up to date

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Quite simply, it is now possible to get a comprehensive overview of ongoing projects, all of which is still very clear and up-to-date. It's also great that there is an app that works really great.

Pros

We use the software internally to organize several departments and track their progress. At the beginning the employees were a bit overwhelmed, but they got used to it really quickly. Meanwhile, everyone is convinced of MeisterTask and cannot imagine working without it.

Cons

Meanwhile I have to admit that we lack nothing. In addition, the software is constantly being expanded and there are always new features.

SeaTable

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

Especially because there is a good app. many use MeisterTask on the go, so it was important to us that there was a well-functioning app. We also liked MeisterTask from the start.

Response from Meister

Hi Danny, thanks so much for reaching out!

Wow, we're thrilled to hear how much you and your team have enjoyed using MeisterTask! :D Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MeisterTask to stay up to date on new features and updates coming soon!

Thanks again,

The Meister Team

Cristina
  • Industry: Accounting

Good task management if you do not have seasonal employees

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

It is a good task management software. Don't go annually if you are not sure.

Pros

easy to use, very intuitive, not very expensive, good task management

Cons

no refunds you if sign up for the year and for whatever reason you do want to use the software anymore, you will not receive your refund back. You need to refresh the browser constantly to update the information.

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask

integrate other features in our accounting firm, automation, and a better fit for our industry.

TaxDome

it seems easier to use.

Great for To-Dos and Project Management

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

MeisterTask is really helping me keep track of the many things I have going on and keeping them organized by project, with deadlines and action items. It's a free tool that gives me all I need in a task management system when other brands and systems have fallen flat.

Pros

I started using MeisterTask about a year ago to keep track of all my projects internally. To be honest, even though it's marketed as a teams system, I love using it for just myself. It's the only to-do list type system I've found that helps me keep track of where things are and keep them organized. I like how you can manually move tasks from start, to in progress, to finish. You can clearly indicate action items and next steps, unlike a lot of the to-do list apps I've found. I also love that I can use it seamlessly from my computer to my phone.

Cons

Honestly, it's kind of all I need in a to-do/project management software. I've definitely found some quirks and some things in the system I need to get used to. But, overall it has all the features that one would use for task management and the collaboration process looks like it could be easy as well.

Maarten

Great job

Reviewed on 25/8/2021

Super happy with the product

Pros

Simplicity in design. Easy for clients to understand and saves time.

Cons

Nothing to dislike at the time being. Perhaps add a API system so we can integrate into it if needed? Cant think of anything else.

Response from Meister

Hi Maarten, thanks so much for your feedback! Ensuring that MeisterTask is both beautifully designed and intuitive to use is one of our highest priorities, so we're thrilled to hear that that has been your experience :D

I've forwarded your request regarding an integrated API system to our product team. If you have any other feedback or suggestions, don't hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @MeisterTask or via our support staff at [email protected]

Cheers!
-Andrew

Bronson

Meistertask got me a promotion

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

Pros

Easy Kanban features, smooth integration between platforms, great UI

Cons

Would love having a multiview option for the same tasks (multiple boards where columns can be mapped to different fields), better task labeling (it is terrible to have to enter one individual task to create a new label)

Todoist, Asana, Notion and Workana Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

Better looking, easier to use, UI is less crowded

Response from Meister

Thanks so much for reaching out, Bronson - we're thrilled to hear about your promotion! Congratulations!

We're also happy to hear you found MeisterTask's UI to be both intuitive and beautiful - this is one of our most primary goals :D

I've forwarded your feature request to our product team - be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MeisterTask as we implement new features and updates!

Best,

The Meister Team

Kamila

Look no more!

Reviewed on 22/6/2019

I was solving a priority problem. There are so many tasks that I am invovled in that span a lot of different organizations and functions. /I needed something that could clearly detail what I needed to do and when. The checklists have been great for that as well as the different categories.

Pros

That's how I felt when I saw this software. I decided that it was easily the best and most fluid. It is clean, clear and intuitive which I need when I am organizing. I love the customizations and details that are available.

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment. It's worked really well for my business needs. If I HAD to pick something it would be that you can't scroll right to left in the tasks.

Kathy
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Just what I'd been looking for

Reviewed on 24/1/2019

MeisterTask is amazing and I really can't believe what they offer with the Basic version, for free. I finally have all the organizational tools I need, in one place, without having to have a to do list at one place, a calendar at another place, etc. I can't speak to their customer service, as I've never needed it for anything.

Pros

I'm not exaggerating when I say I've tried almost every online task management software in existence. They're all either just not quite right or too expensive. MeisterTask offers a Basic (free) subscription, with several paid levels (Pro & Business) you can upgrade to as needed. Many similar products have free versions, but they are greatly limited in comparison to the paid counterparts (and what you get with each is not always transparent.) MeisterTask Basic is everything I need and it's not just a short-term trial that's going to run out as soon as you're hooked on it!

Like most of entrepreneurs these days, I have multiple projects I'm juggling on a daily basis and it is so overwhelming dealing with software that forces me to lump everything in one place. MeisterTask helps me keep them all sorted out ... and separate, like a virtual filing cabinet/planner/to do list. I've created a board for each project and with MeisterTask, I view each one, by itself, as needed. The boards are made up of drag and drop columns to keep each and every task need and tidy. Plus it's colorful, which I love!

When visiting the site, you're first greeted by your Dashboard, where you can see tasks with approaching due dates from across your Projects. I like how they sort this for you. They've recently added a helpful standalone checklist where you can add quick to dos on the fly and have them there at a glance, without being attached to any particular project.

Cons

The only thing I would change about MeisterTask is that each task needs to be specifically assigned to a "team member" or it's automatically marked as "unassigned". For those of us who are using MeisterTask as individuals, it might be nice to be able to state that somewhere in settings, so all tasks automatically default to us, just to save that extra step. This is just a very minor inconvenience, however, and I had to nitpick to come up with it. It is also important to note that the free version doesn't support recurring tasks, but if you need that, the Pro price is very, very reasonable for the additional features it has.

Ernest
  • Industry: Research

The best out there

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

My overall experience has been great. You guys have been beautiful. I have used you and been with you guys for a very long time. It feels just like yesterday. The least that I can do is take a little moment out of my time to give you guys a good word and a good reviews.

If you are looking for a mind-dump ... that is what the heart of Kanban tools are for. Meister-Task is for you. It goes into the intermediate level of task dependencies. If you are looking for the next level of a network relationship diagram ... just hang on a moment. There is MindMeister ... but last time I checked, you have to work from MindMeister into MeisterTask - but I dont think they can inter-relate and synchronise with themselves. I don't know, things may have changed from my time.

But this app is beautiful, sleek and amazing. Please support them and take good advantage of their services. They're amazing. And one last thing, they integrate in many places so beautifully such as Microsoft Teams. I'm blessed

Pros

- Collaborating with people
- Time tracking
- Lots of Projects

Cons

- I have not seen an ability to video the network map of task dependencies
- I have not seen an ability to calculate critical path analysis
- I have not seen the ability to do financial project management, so that I know the cost of how much a project would be costing me. This might be outside the scope MeisterTask and under a new umbrella of "Accounting" (eg Xero or Quickbooks) but Microsoft Project Online does this and to me, this is why MeisterTask will always to in 2nd place to Microsoft Project Online

Response from Meister

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review, Ernest! Our team really appreciated reading your kind words, and our product team is very interested to hear from a long-time user who can provide such valuable and incisive feedback for our future roadmaps.

We couldn't be more thrilled to hear that you found MeisterTask to be both intuitive, powerful and beautiful; these are three of our most primary goals as a team. We feel "blessed" ourselves to have such a loyal and involved community of users like you.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at [email protected] or on Twitter at @MeisterTask with any other comments or feedback. We'd love to hear from you!

Best,

Andrew @ Meister

Functional project management across teams

Reviewed on 28/5/2019

We use Meister Task to keep everyone in the loop and track each project or sale from beginning to end, making team communication and even project summary easier and more readily available to those in the office, as well as those in the field.

Pros

This software makes team project management seamless. Everyone involved in every step of the project can keep track of what is happening and when it is happening. Making easy hand-offs and open communication seamless throughout the entire project. The software is customizable and user-friendly for every level of digital experience. Users can schedule task reminders to keep tasks from slipping through the cracks. Tags make information easily available at a glance, and activity posts give a running synopsis of activity within each task. This is truly a tool for team organization.

Cons

Each task has the capability for a running synopsis of activity within the task, but it would be helpful to be able to have a little more control of the organization of comments within the task. All comments currently are listed in the order that they are made. This makes it a little difficult to follow the flow of information since all information is mixed in the flow, instead of being able to make a comment directly to the post it refers to. i.e. If a shipment is made to the client and posted to the task, the only person who can change or add to that specific comment , is the original poster. Not being able to change someone else's post is a good thing, but it would be nice if others could attach an update or change specific to that post, as a sub-post instead of 5 or 6 comments later in the stream. When all comments are mixed this way, it is sometimes difficult to follow the flow and keep related comments properly connected.

Rachel
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy and affordable for my little nonprofit office

Reviewed on 30/3/2019

As mentioned before, I have been able to save and categorize my office gmail emails as visually-pleasing, easily-comminicable tasks that can be shared in my little office. It has replaced the ugly little scribble-notes on my desk (for the most part). :) We are a small non-profit (four people altogether) so the free basic account is wonderful, although we are considering the Pro. I have already mentioned it to several friends.

Pros

It is free and an add-on within gmail! And it's beautiful! Our office uses G-Suite, and I was desperate for a replacement for Inbox, which I had been using for the last year because it allowed me to pin notes and to-dos on each email regarding such things as follow-ups needed or website updates for users. MeisterTask allows us to take a gmail email and turn it into a categorized to-do task that I can categorize, assign to someone, and place a due date on. I love that I can have a conversation per to-do and my admin asst and I can get tasks done and tuck them away without ever having to ask each other questions in panic as later follow-up.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like given what I am using it for. Maybe more could show up there as notifications - such as what is still in progress or yet to complete (or maybe I can set this up in settings somewhere)? I would love to take it to take it to a higher level, because I am using Smartsheets for event management, but I would need to be able to build and save multiple projects (outside of my office tasks) and be able to make use of complex templates and viewable calendars. I'm not quite sure what/where my abilities end with MesiterTask, but then I just started using it. I hope it doesn't go away.

Response from MeisterLabs

We're very happy to hear you're using MeisterTask and that you're also making use of the integration with Gmail! You can customize your notification settings when you click on "preferences" in your project board. Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review Rachel! We'll take your feedback in consideration!

Patrick

Great Product

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

Overall experience is good.

Pros

I like all features on MeisterTask in general.

Cons

I'd like to have a full list of features when right clicking Tasks.

And to be able to create a task with some shorcut, and predefine where the new task goes, like in a specific column in first or last position.

In MeisterTask app, i'd like to have a forcetouch button to press and hold on some task and open a full list of features to do with that task.

Response from Meister

Hi Patrick,
Thank you for your review.

The offered features are placed in Project properties, in the Project sections as well as in the task itself - according to what unit of the project they relate to.
I will however still forward your feedback to our developers to consider it for future updates.

Best regards,
Your MeisterTeam

Alvin
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Meistertask

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

We use Meistertask as a Project Collaboration tool. It has provided excellent features in this area and provides all the functionality we require using the free version.

Pros

- Free Version is feature packed and provides most functionality of software, Paid gives you more customization
- Seamless integration and use from desktop environment to mobile environment
- Reminders for overdue tasks
- Open communication on projects with our Projects Team

Cons

- Occasionally crashes
- Once or Twice when the program opens for the first time it seems to open off screen, no amount of changing resolution, reboots or maximize or minimizing the program helps, program needs to be reset

Asana

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

Simple to use, feature rich