Paylocity

Paylocity is a web based payroll and HR solution for medium-

4.0/5

583 Software options

Barbara B.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Having our payroll taxes and tax returns taken care of and the assistance in resolving problems. Saves us time and worry.
Paylocity can accommodate the employees with every deposit needs and changes, which again save us time in trying to meet those requests.

Pros

The ease of processing is what I like most about the software.
It is functional to our needs, especially the tracking of hours, wages, and benefits which make reporting and budgeting easier.
Best customer service.

Cons

The most difficult to understand is the ACA tracking. Some employees always need fixing.
Entering Holidays from year to year sometimes has issues in making sure that it automatically loads into employee files.

Eleanor C.

Payroll Processing Platform with integrated human resources tools

Reviewed on 17/5/2021

Overall, my experience with Paylocity has been very beneficial. Each obstacle that our company has faced in terms of HR and payroll, Paylocity has been able to guide us through. Paylocity is a great platform for facilitating and administrating employment details.

Pros

This software comprehensively ties together many aspects of a human resources department. This makes it easy for a small business owner who may not necessarily need to hire a individual dedicated human resources to facilitate the necessary components of providing wholesome employment. Paylocity has strong reporting and data processing in addition to robust customer support that effectively and efficiently help troubleshoot potential obstacles.

Cons

It seems that some aspects of the software don't exactly tie together. For example, when entering an hourly employee group in HR and Payroll, I often forget to add them into employee groups in time and labor. Subsequently, the supervisor has no way of tracking the employee's timecard. Additionally managing benefits in the employee's payroll file versus the HR file. Although this may be because our company does not fully utilize the benefits package that Paylocity offers.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

The previous owner's of the company recommended this product to us.
Kimberly M.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Paylocity Is the Go To

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

My overall experience with Paylocity is very positive. My implementation went very smooth and the continued follow up made the process work very well. Since then, there have been no major issues or mishaps. The most important thing to me is paying employees promptly and accurately. While Paylocity cannot prevent human error, it does do all it can to advise, report and remind about items which could present issues . We are very happy with Paylocity and all it has to offer.

Pros

Paylocity is user friendly and provides more than enough guidance in processing payroll and keeping employee information organized. In addition, all of the HR auditing and tracking is helpful so as to not have to track separately. The PEAK resources and on demand training courses are also very helpful when needing a quick "How-To". There is no doubt that we do not use Paylocity to is fullest extend, but the ability is there when needed.

Cons

It is hard to give negative feedback about a product that does more than one can fully comprehend. The report writer can be tricky if you are not familiar with how to use it. When doing an Employee Search, I do not like how the information displays by sliding from right to left. I would prefer it display as it does when you go into the Employee HR File. I really like the new HR Actions module, however setting up the approval process has run into complications with roles which has limited my ability to really use it properly. Finally, it would seem there has been a good deal of change at Paylocity because I have been reassigned an Account Manager 3 times in the past 6 months. Thankfully, I have not needed to have a close relationship with my Account Manager as I did at my previous employer but would be nice to have someone familiar with me and my company.

Colleen K.
  • Industry: Libraries

Paylocity rocks!

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

Overall, it's great to have everything in one place and to have the different modules interact with each other. Much easier than previous products we've used!

Pros

I love the idea of having almost all of the aspects of my job in one place! For the most part, the software is easy to use. The Impressions in the Self-Service section is used by our staff for our annual awards, as well as, a way to say good things about your co-workers. Paylocity ROCKS!!!

Cons

Onboarding can be a bit difficult to use. I had to send the link 3 times for our last new employee because it wouldn't let her in. It's not as instinctual as I'd like.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Ease of use, interactivity & cost.

Paycom

See above
Corina G.

So good, selected a 2nd time

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

I first used Paylocity 10 years ago at a prior employer when we were changing our payroll system. When I left that company last year, we were still using Paylocity and happy with the services it provided. At my new employer, I was tasked with finding a way to leave a P.E.O. and researched several other systems before settling on Paylocity again. For the functionality and the pricing, Paylocity was very competitive for what we needed.

Pros

The features that Paylocity offers for an entire HCM system is very easy to use and implement.

Cons

It isn't always scalable. Some features that get rolled out are in the early stages making them difficult to implement all the time because the pieces desired are missing. We had originally planned to use the recruiting and applicant tracking system but it would take so long to set-up, it doesn't make sense to move from what we have been using that has so much of our previous history already available.

Paycom and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

We wanted to leave the PEO and ADP was so expensive. It also wasn't user-friendly and required a lot of calls to the service team for assistance. When the customer service person is #2 on your frequently called list, it is time to find a new service.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Ease of use and familiarity were what eventually swayed the decision. Having used it in the past would make the transition easier for me and would allow me to get the system up and running quickly and utilize the features effectively.
Michelle S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Best Company I've worked with in a long time!

Great!

Pros

Paylocity has an amazing support team. When I need something, I call and someone is there to help me immediately. I never have to wait on hold or for a call back. Very user friendly!

Cons

The implementation was rough, that was three years ago, so maybe things have changed, but I was over promised and underdeliverd. The sales team needs to work better to truly understand all the things the systems can and can't do

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

ADP customer service sucked! And their system isn't user friendly

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Better options for me and the needs of our organization
Chandler I.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Paylocity has a great online portal, but their is a learning curve

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

I enjoy Paylocity, but their have been multiple instances that I've submitted something to my support team to take care of and it never got done, so I had to do it all manually myself. This included Schedule implementation of PTO/Sick Accrual balances, ACA reporting fixes, etc.

Pros

I like that Paylocity has moved us from manual time cards to an all electronic punching from a kiosk that spreads the company responsibility to managers and employees instead of relying on one person to manually calculate and monitor everything such as PTO/Sick/missed Punches/ absences/ OT rounding/ACA requirements etc. The program gives you a lot of good reporting features and processing payroll is relatively intuitive. Have very kind support staff to call and the wait time to speak with someone is very quick, unlike some other companies that I have worked with that took 45 minutes to speak with someone regarding our payroll which is time sensitive. They also do not rely on D&B ratings for Net Pay Liability Cap before requiring reverse-wires.

Cons

Their portal has a lot of functionality, but most of the time I am having to call the support team to check on why something didn't work/get implemented and they have to guide me through a process that was never brought up during original implementation. Some times when I request new schedules or fixes we get incorrectly billed and the fix never gets completed and no follow-up after they inform that they will look in to it further.

Angela J.
  • Industry: Automotive

HESSER-PAYLOCITY SURVEY

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

OVERALL, I'M MORE THAN HAPPY WITH THIS PROGRAM AND HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO SEVERAL COMPANIES.

Pros

TIME & ATTENDANCE, EASY PAYROLL PROCESS, EASY EMPLOYEE SET UP. IMPLEMENTATION WAS EASY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALWAYS QUICK, FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. PRICED LESS MY FORMER PROGRAM. I LIKE THAT ALL MY TAXES AND GARNISHMENTS ARE PAID DIRECTLY AS WELL.

Cons

I DON'T THINK THAT REPORT BUILDING IS QUITE AS SIMPLE AS REYNOLDS BUT IT IS BETTER THAN CDK

Tony Q.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Solid system

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

good. 80% of the customer service people were good. was not a fan of the turn around time with issues that needed escalation

Pros

the User interface. especially after the most recent upgrade. its easy to use and navigate quickly

Cons

reporting, and self service portal .. wish reporting was easier to use and more descriptive on pre made reports.

Justin K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Simple Human Resources Option

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

Pros

It is easy to use and understand. I do not have an extensive background in Human Resources but have been able to pick up the features on Paylocity very quickly and make sure our company is staying compliant.

Cons

There are several specific features that have not worked well for our company or have been more trouble than it was worth to implement. One is the scheduling feature and the other is tracking employee time off.

Paychex Flex

Recommended from our advisor
Jose R.
  • Industry: Events Services

Convenient and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

Pros

It's all in one place. Employee Database, benefits, payroll, HR. It's convenient to be clicks away from anything you need.

Cons

Job Costing could be made easier to set up. Also, there is no feature for disciplinary actions recording.

Kendall H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Paylocity

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Overall Paylocity is great, I love the onboarding, for the most part, is good with PTO feature works well and it is an easy system to keep track of the staff.

Pros

I love the onboarding process, that the candidates get sent the onboarding paperwork before they start, that it is easy for me to set them up and for them to do the paperwork.

Cons

I do not understand that you have to put in so much detail about the pay. The salary, hourly, weekly, I feel that you should put in the salary and that it should then do the math for you. Also, for the PTO tracking, I feel that it should show you what you have left to use after you book the day off so that people do not feel they have more time available to take off than they really do.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

A great software for payroll and HR!

Reviewed on 24/11/2018

Pros

I love how this software is easy to use, especially for the staff who are using it to log their hours and track their paychecks. It's great for organizations where staff are operating on two teams and they are technically being paid out of two different budgets. This was the case with me and it's made it easy to log my hours for each team and track pay each payday. It's also great for tracking each payday's paycheck and they have a function where you can go in and see your previous paychecks and the tax breakdown with each check. I would highly recommend it!

Cons

This software goes through a lot of updates and has some glitches and malfunctions here and there that could prevent you from logging your hours when you need it. The team is usually on it and will fix it pretty quickly, but it does happen often.

Maria C.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICES

Reviewed on 11/8/2020

Terrible that a good software gets mix with a terrible customer services, they representatives that answer the phone they barely or nothing know about the software, they make you to wait until they check the book and sometimes not even that way.
Even the implementation girl didn't want to know more about us after "the implementation"
I will share my review in my SHRM because I tried to get this fix but nobody seems to care.

Pros

Sofware is good but customer services makes it hard

Cons

I think there are still a lot a features to fix on Time and Labor

Jose D.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Very Helpful

Reviewed on 17/5/2021

Love the quick responses from the tech team. The live stream interactions and trainings are awesome!

Pros

This product was an easy transfer from the old system and works very well with the other products currently being used.

Cons

For the OSHA portion of the software we use it curremtly does not have the OSHA 301 form. Would be a greta benefit to us and others to have this form in the software.

John larry V.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great for Remote Worker

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

I love Paylocity. My only con isn't an everyday issue that many users will encounter. It was mainly my bad luck. I would highly recommend this product for those that work remotely. I love that I don't have to get to a computer to clock in and out. The app is super easy to use, a child can figure it out in a jiffy.

Pros

clock in / clock out from ANYWHERE

Keep track of your hours with a simple click

missed punch? No problem. you can fix it yourself (if your HR didn't lock you out of it that is)

Impressions section: Your company can give you praises and make it public.

Cons

There was a time that my bank account got compromised so my direct deposit info needed to be changed. It took my HR department a long time to get my info updated and for my pay check to be sent. I work remotely so Paylocity sent my paycheck to my company's office then my company sent the pay check to me through snail mail... with bad luck usps lost the letter.... getting my paycheck processed again took an entire pay period to receive my paycheck.

Angela O.

Easy to manage time cards.

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

I like being able to clock in from my mobile device when connected to a supported wifi signal. The manager function allows me to see which employees are on the clock at any given time. I can add and make edits to any logged punches for my employees and review their timesheets daily. I like being able to easily access all of my pay stubs as well. In my opinion, it has been helpful with keeping up with time and pay.

Pros

I like that I can clock in/out from my mobile device when connected to the coordinated wifi.

Cons

I could never get the app to work so I would have to log into the website and sometimes it was hard to find the right page to log in.

Stephanie S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

We love it

We love it.

Pros

I love that the employees can log into Paylocity and view their own checkstubs and tax records for the past several years. We love the ease of processing payroll too. I also love that if we have questions we can call and anyone can help us.

Cons

Sometimes I feel the use could be a bit more intuitive? For example, we max out the number of vacation hours that employees can roll over from year to year- we've had some difficulty in the past truing up these numbers. Sometimes running a bonus check batch is tricky- again, we can always call (& have done so) to get support though.

Robbin Y.

So Easy

Reviewed on 27/9/2018

Before WebPay every employee had to be handed a paper check stub, now everyone receives one electronically and can print them or not. Our employees can print past stubs if needed and the H/R department doesn't have to be involved.

Pros

This software is so easy to use, employees can see their time cards, their pay stubs, even edit their own tax forms. They can request vacation days right from the time clock and not have to fill out paper forms. Everyone in our company loves WebPay.

Cons

So far I have not found anything that I do not like about WebPay.

Peggy F.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

User friendly, great reports and unmatched support

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

Organized and easy to use. Makes keeping track of employee information, benefits and

Pros

The best part of Paylocity software is the ease of use. Easy to find menus and reports.

Cons

Integration with SAGE Businessworks Accounting would be nice for us

ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Wells Fargo was cancelling their payroll service after 2 years

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Ease of use, good support, pricing
Henry L.

We switched from TAG Payroll Services to Paylocity.

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Pros

In our HVAC & Plumbing company, as we continued to expand and grow, we switched from TAG Payroll Services to Paylocity. The main Pro truthfully is that the cost was cheaper to manage our company. Another bonus is that the way that a paycheck is broken down and displayed is quite aesthetic--it's big, bold, colorful, and easy to read.

Cons

With the switch from Tag Payroll Services to Paylocity, the one function I do miss is the employee birthday calendar. It might sound silly, but I think it built a lot of comradery to be able to see whose birthday it was that week in the building. Minor grievance, but nothing we can't live without. Also sometimes the log in feature seems buggy--the password is inputted correctly, but the login doesn't take it.

Nicole C.

Used for work

Reviewed on 12/6/2021

Administration has to put in limits on paid time off and unpaid time off but once that is established, there should be no issue.

Pros

We use Paylocity at work and it is easy to access on the computer as well as the phone. I can clock in/out and monitor my hours via the timesheet. I can put in a request for paid or unpaid time off, as well as view my previous paychecks and taxes taken out.

Cons

There are some buttons close together on the webpage that have accidentally been pressed following clocking in (such as the "start lunch" button) and scrolling through the page quickly.

Keith K.
  • Industry: Machinery

A fully integrated HR software tool

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

Pros

Fully integrates all aspects of HR management including more than, employee data base, feeds to insurance carriers and financial institutions, training modules, compensation...
User friendly.
Publicly traded

Cons

Changing account managers more often than hoped seems to be common in the industry. Paylocity customer service report account managers change very often, usually due to promotion.

Kimberly T.

a bit confusing- but overall usefull

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

it's a very useful tool for tracking- however some employees are easily confused by it, so there is much in the way of training and customer service that has to be done.

Pros

It seems pretty easy to do things like request off with a click of a mouse, and most navigations make sense.

Cons

Some of the pages can be confusing, and to execute actions you have to click in weird places that don't make complete sense.

Jordan P.

paylocity

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Pros

you can access and see your time clock from your cellphone if you are not by a computer. it is very quick and easy to submit PTO orr just simply clock in.

Cons

The way that the site rounds your time clock isn't convenient. If your 1 min past the "cut off" time it adds an extra 15 min to your work day or possibly your lunch that you didn't actually take.