Paylocity

Paylocity is a web based payroll and HR solution for medium-

4.0/5

John Larry
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great for Remote Worker

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

I love Paylocity. My only con isn't an everyday issue that many users will encounter. It was mainly my bad luck. I would highly recommend this product for those that work remotely. I love that I don't have to get to a computer to clock in and out. The app is super easy to use, a child can figure it out in a jiffy.

Pros

clock in / clock out from ANYWHERE

Keep track of your hours with a simple click

missed punch? No problem. you can fix it yourself (if your HR didn't lock you out of it that is)

Impressions section: Your company can give you praises and make it public.

Cons

There was a time that my bank account got compromised so my direct deposit info needed to be changed. It took my HR department a long time to get my info updated and for my pay check to be sent. I work remotely so Paylocity sent my paycheck to my company's office then my company sent the pay check to me through snail mail... with bad luck usps lost the letter.... getting my paycheck processed again took an entire pay period to receive my paycheck.

Madison

Better than most HR Systems for the price

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

Overall, I truly like using Paylocity and feel that it is much more user friendly for both employees and admins. I would definitely recommend Paylocity to my peers in HR.

Pros

I use Paylocity for onboarding, employee record management, benefits, payroll, reporting and status changes (LOAs, terms, etc.) Paylocity's features can do almost everything that an HR team would need, with only a few lapses that we hope they can improve. The service team is easy to reach and pretty knowledgeable/helpful. Additionally, I assisted with implementation of the product, and I feel that it was pretty smooth and easy to do compared to other HRIS's I've assisted with implementing.

Cons

There are only a couple cons with the software, which are really more of "nice to haves" rather than necessitates. One being that the system does not allow for bulk imports of certain information past implementation. We recently discovered we wanted to start tracking something in the system, and without the ability to bulk import it we had to enter everything manually. Additionally, there are random glitches that the service team is working to resolve, like issues with requesting time off on the App and tracking employee documents in the system. I hope that these issues will be resolved soon.

Cherina

Paylocity - Web Pay

Reviewed on 12/12/2014

Pros

Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

Cons

One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

Kerri
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Easy Payroll for Smaller Business

Reviewed on 3/11/2022

Overall, our experience has been positive. In the 18 months that I have been at this company, however, we have had 4 different sales people assigned to us. Each time there is a change, they reach out to try to upsell us additional products that we do not need. I have had the same conversations several times, as the notes do not seem to transfer from one account rep to the next. Our team has also received several solicitations from Paylocity, as our legal name (which is on our account) is not the same as our dba.

Pros

Paylocity is a user-friendly system. The Employee Self-Service interface is easy for the employees to use. It is easy to add new employees and process the payroll. The system also directly interfaces with our benefits provider, so our new hire and open enrollment processes are seamlessly integrated with little to no adjustments on my part. The system is a la carte, so you don't need to implement products that you don't need.

Cons

The issue resolution process could be better. We are assigned a dedicated Service team member (and appropriate backup), so all requests go through them. In some cases, Service can handle the request quickly, but some take significant time and escalation. They also act as a go-between for the Tax team, so something as simple as updating an Unemployment Tax Rate can often be delayed.

Whitney

Decent System but still lack luster

Reviewed on 14/4/2022

Its been ok. I've been able to use it to the best I can and show the employees how to use it. The software for the most part is easy and most people like it better then our old product.

Pros

My favorite thing about the software is Community, Onboarding and Recuriting. Community is a super fun tool that allows our employees to connect with each other with has been difficult throughout the pandemic. Onboarding is easy and fun and recuriting is a piece of cake! I love being able to everything in one system. We love the mobile app too!

Cons

PTO is very confusing to track and to allow employees to understand. In order to add on anything it takes forever and the Self Service Portal looks a little out of date.

Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Old System that was out of date.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Sales Team didn't pressure our upper management.
Ciaira
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Decent HRIS system with cool features

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

Pretty positive experience aside from the constant page time-outs or error outs.

Pros

I really liked the community page where you could post updates and photos. Employees could then post comments responding to the original post and interact with the post.

Cons

It often times would time-out or error out while you were using it, so you would have to reload the page or log out and back in fairly frequently.

Ana
  • Industry: Food Production

Paylocity

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

I've used it with 2 different companies, no bad experiences.

Pros

Paylocity has great features to assist in time tracking and payroll processing.

Cons

Nothing I didn't like about it - it's the tool for our company to use for payroll

kumar

Product Analysis

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Pros

Handling the data and storage balance is simple processing

Cons

Managing of data is good but complex to understand the segment

Paylocity for Payroll

Reviewed on 2/12/2022

This is a great app to use from a computer or a phone.

Pros

My company uses Paylocity for payroll and time off/vacation tracking. It is user-friendly in every aspect. I can easily access information about my bi-weekly pay, sign up for paperless stubs, request for time-off, and keep track of my vacation days. I especially like using the Paylocity app from my phone, also very user-friendly.

Cons

I have not run in to any challenges when using paylocity.

Osamu
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 3/1/2023

Paylocity is obviously good software to manage a payroll.

Pros

I'm using payroll function of this paylocity software. This software is very easy to use.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult for me to understand the detail contents of my payroll. It would be very helpful for me if the software show more explanation of each contents.

Stephen

Review for Paylocity

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

I am satisfied with the product but the service aspect of it can be improved.

Pros

The product has great payroll ability, and it has been mostly reliable so far. I like that it is easy to maintain data integrity in the system, and the self-service portal is also very helpful. Being able to manage benefits and payroll in one system is a big plus.

Cons

Wish it has more integration such as BambooHR. It also takes a long time to build an integration(3+ month for our 401k vendor). The spending accounts function also needs to be improved as it operates on a separate platform and the employee experience is subpar.

Gusto and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

We needed more control over benefits and overall payroll process.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Functionality, potential to operate both payroll and benefits in one tool.
Nicole

User friendly HRIS

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

Paylocity has been amazing through and through. We have been able to do so many great engagement activities thanks to Community. Managers are able to submit journal entries on the go for quick responses and feedback.

Pros

We love the mobile capability for our team. Most features are accessible from smartphones, which helps our technicians in the field.

Cons

The benefits of EDI transfers were more of an issue that it's worth implementing. Rates changes and the open enrollment spreadsheet is cumbersome. It's our least favorite product.

Paycom and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Paychex was not meeting our needs as far as mobile technology capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

401(k) 3rd party administration.
Kelly

Great product; a lot of personnel changes recently

Reviewed on 19/5/2021

Overall, Paylocity has really helped my organization come out of the "dark ages". I love that we are no longer a paper and pen company!

Pros

I love the Paylocity platform! It's intuitive and I like how most of the functionality "speaks" to each other (i.e. you can send hires in the recruiting function over to the onboarding function and then over to payroll).

Cons

Within the last year I have had a LOT of change in my account managers - both my main rep and my benefits rep. It's a bit frustrating because I was working with my old reps on stuff that the new folks don't necessarily know about and then I have to explain the issue all over again.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

The iSolved system was not keeping up to date with changes that needed to be made (i.e. mobile friendly, etc)

isolved

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

I loved Paylocity's data analytics!
BARBARA
  • Industry: Wholesale

Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Having our payroll taxes and tax returns taken care of and the assistance in resolving problems. Saves us time and worry.
Paylocity can accommodate the employees with every deposit needs and changes, which again save us time in trying to meet those requests.

Pros

The ease of processing is what I like most about the software.
It is functional to our needs, especially the tracking of hours, wages, and benefits which make reporting and budgeting easier.
Best customer service.

Cons

The most difficult to understand is the ACA tracking. Some employees always need fixing.
Entering Holidays from year to year sometimes has issues in making sure that it automatically loads into employee files.

Michelle
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Best Company I've worked with in a long time!

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

Great!

Pros

Paylocity has an amazing support team. When I need something, I call and someone is there to help me immediately. I never have to wait on hold or for a call back. Very user friendly!

Cons

The implementation was rough, that was three years ago, so maybe things have changed, but I was over promised and underdeliverd. The sales team needs to work better to truly understand all the things the systems can and can't do

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

ADP customer service sucked! And their system isn't user friendly

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Better options for me and the needs of our organization
Tom

Some flaws, but still probably the best HR system I've used.

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

Overall experience has been positive. Can escalate service issues with Paylocity sales staff as needed.

Pros

The system is constantly being updated. Previous issues I've had with the system, such as confusion on how job descriptions are listed have been fixed in future updates.

Cons

Reporting can be a struggle since many standard reports from Paylocity involve merged cells without one single row of data. Customer service is very hit or miss depending on responds to the requests.

Zenefits

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Gusto was very limited when we hit 100 employees.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paylocity had the most features and came down in price to meet the lowest bid that we had.
KRISTI
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Good product

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

Overall, we have enjoyed Payolocity as our payroll software. My only complaint would be some features that we are not able to change or integrate with other software for our industry and I feel like Paylocity has grown significantly since we originally purchased the product and there is a small decline in promptness of reply on support issues.

Pros

Our office enjoys Paylocity for our payroll needs. It is very user-friendly and customizable to our industry.

Cons

The Onboarding module has had multiple issues when attempting to make changes or having employees cause an error that can't be fixed by administration.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Paychex was extremely outdated when we made the switch and our sales rep had previous experience with Paychex and so the transition was easy.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

We had a bad experience with ADP prior due to them not being able to handle the complexity of our payroll hours, rates and industry.
Jacquelyn

Excellent Payroll Service

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

Paylocity has made our jobs easier, more accurate, more efficient and take less time to look up the history of an employee. If something goes wrong, Paylocity fixes it right away, their customer services is impeccable, they are attentive and very knowledgeable in the payroll and hr field. I love that they are compliant in each state which makes making sure we are compliant in all areas easy.

Pros

I love Paylocity. The reports are easy to use, I can even create a custom report for exactly what I am looking for. I love the ease of adding a new employee, setup between multiple services is amazing and makes our job that much easier.

Cons

Transferring an employee between different companies. That section does not work properly. I feel that I should be able to click on what I would like to transfer from 1 company to the next.

Donna
  • Industry: Plastics

Good Decision

Reviewed on 6/5/2021

Overall we had a good experience with conversion. Our team was professional yet friendly and worked closely with us.

Pros

The software is user friendly. We had a very good sales rep. that pointed out the key items we would be getting with Paylocity that we did not have in the product we were using.

Cons

That time &labor and HR & payroll are two separate platforms

Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

We were on an old Kronos Systems that was never properly installed and we could not get their service to work with us to up grade or correct the old system

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paylocity's product seemed more user friendly
Colleen
  • Industry: Libraries

Paylocity rocks!

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

Overall, it's great to have everything in one place and to have the different modules interact with each other. Much easier than previous products we've used!

Pros

I love the idea of having almost all of the aspects of my job in one place! For the most part, the software is easy to use. The Impressions in the Self-Service section is used by our staff for our annual awards, as well as, a way to say good things about your co-workers. Paylocity ROCKS!!!

Cons

Onboarding can be a bit difficult to use. I had to send the link 3 times for our last new employee because it wouldn't let her in. It's not as instinctual as I'd like.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Ease of use, interactivity & cost.

See above
Kimberly
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Paylocity Is the Go To

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

My overall experience with Paylocity is very positive. My implementation went very smooth and the continued follow up made the process work very well. Since then, there have been no major issues or mishaps. The most important thing to me is paying employees promptly and accurately. While Paylocity cannot prevent human error, it does do all it can to advise, report and remind about items which could present issues . We are very happy with Paylocity and all it has to offer.

Pros

Paylocity is user friendly and provides more than enough guidance in processing payroll and keeping employee information organized. In addition, all of the HR auditing and tracking is helpful so as to not have to track separately. The PEAK resources and on demand training courses are also very helpful when needing a quick "How-To". There is no doubt that we do not use Paylocity to is fullest extend, but the ability is there when needed.

Cons

It is hard to give negative feedback about a product that does more than one can fully comprehend. The report writer can be tricky if you are not familiar with how to use it. When doing an Employee Search, I do not like how the information displays by sliding from right to left. I would prefer it display as it does when you go into the Employee HR File. I really like the new HR Actions module, however setting up the approval process has run into complications with roles which has limited my ability to really use it properly. Finally, it would seem there has been a good deal of change at Paylocity because I have been reassigned an Account Manager 3 times in the past 6 months. Thankfully, I have not needed to have a close relationship with my Account Manager as I did at my previous employer but would be nice to have someone familiar with me and my company.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

So many functions - so many complications

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

The customer service team is on call all the time. The trainings are super helpful and they really want to help you. They did everything they could that their system allowed for and the tried their hardest to help transfer and transition as much data as possible. Not everything updated during the last update and we had to manually a lot of profile and payroll issues because of this. Because of how amazing their support team is, they get a lot more stars. Also, there's so many functions, I haven't even used them all!

Pros

Paylocity is really amazing. I love the community/engagement section. I love that there is so much data you won't even know what to do with it. I love that the historical information you put in actually has a purpose beyond storage. Information is analyzed internally by the system and gives you insights. The LMS system provided has so many great trainings not just as an admin, employee, or supervisor using the actual software, but also for other types of leadership and soft skill training too! Onboarding is AMAZING. You can track every little thing, include every document needed, it walks the admin and the employee step by step so you can't miss a thing and you can assign tasks to people in the company!

Cons

l know I said I love this software but by jove, it also drives me CRAZY how hard it is to navigate and how some functions that our Paylocity support team has let us know many people complained about and that they are "working on the feature". Offboarding is a NIGHTMARE. Everything I listed about onboarding, not a single feature is available when an employee separates. IPP goals don't let you list team goals! Only individual and department and cross functional collaborate goals. UGH. You have to go into settings and configure your workflows all the time! WHY! The dashboard is TOO confusing for some people-this is NOT technologically inept friendly at all. You cannot change your view to the employee view to see what they are having issues with unlike our last HRIS system. This is very very frustrating because I can only navigate and let the employees know where to do and provide resources but not see what they are seeing and work from the back end for them. A lot of their data insights are worthless when you transition. It's literally like starting from scratch. Even if you have tons of history from your old system, they don't translate and you have to wait 3-6 months before you can start taking advantage.

James

Payroll Management

Reviewed on 26/6/2020

In general, we’ve had a good experience with this software. Paylocity has worked well to meet the payroll needs of our company. IT’s been easy to use and helps us to quickly and efficiently take care of the employee timekeeping and payroll each week. Paylocity manages all of the direct deposit, payroll deductions, payments to tax agencies, insurance companies and garnishments, et cetera, so that we don’t have to employ an in-house Payroll expert. Employees have an online profile that they can log into, where they can manage their information and can pull up their pay history. In a small company like ours, we appreciate the ability to oursource the heavy lifting of the payroll responsibilities. Paylocity has done a great job in this regard, and they are responsive when we need to give them a call for support.

Pros

Once you get Paylocity set up, the interface to input employee information and employee time is pretty easy to use, and we have never had issue with any software “glitches”. Whenever there has been any error, it was because of garbage in, garbage out. Paylocity automates all the payroll processing, so as long as the correct data is input each week, the whole weekly payroll process is painless and mostly effortless. The software's reporting features are good, and offer plenty of standardized reports that fit our needs, so we're able to easily handle the payroll accounting with our small office staff.

Cons

Paylocity's support is OK, but could be better. We have an account manager that handles our account, and you have to call or email your account manager. If I need an explanation, or support with an issue, leave a message and have to wait for her to get back to me. Often it takes a lot of back and forth to get the issue resolved, usually days, not hours.

Jessica
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A Member of our HR Team

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

From the very beginning, we have been treated as valued customers and partners. Integration is never easy, but the team was organized and kept us focused on what would come next instead of worrying about the big picture. They've got it down!

We love Paylocity and are often approached by other companies asking us to view their product. My response is always that I can't even image what they have could be better than what we have with Paylocity.

Pros

Paylocity is easy to navigate for our employees. A busy, growing company needs all the help it can get in helping employees be somewhat self sufficient. We are able to keep all of our employee data in one spot and have easy access to customizable reporting.
Our service support team is responsive and so helpful. We don't have to be experts in anything when we have them working alongside us to solve problems and issues that arise with benefits and payroll administration.

Cons

Can't think of anything I dislike., we have been very pleased!

• Industry: Publishing

Easy to Get Lost in the Amount of Functions Paylocity Provides

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

With Paylocity, our company keeps track of everyone's hours worked for our various clients on a number of tasks so that the appropriate client can be billed accurately for the work done. We also use it to great benefit to track pay and paid time off. Other than some qualms with the ease of use, Paylocity has been a great success at our company.

Pros

Paylocity makes it easy to track and fill out our time worked every day. While that is where it finds its daily usage on my end, Paylocity also has a number of additional functions to its website capabilities. With Paylocity, I can keep track of my paychecks, my available time off hours, request time off, and monitor those requests.

Cons

Paylocity's interface and number of functions can make it rather difficult to find the section of the site I am looking for at times. We have to input our time and tasks into Paylocity regularly, but the site's security logs users out after only a few minutes of inactivity, though it only logs out once you try to update a timesheet or navigate to a new page on the site, and I have found it to be buggy at times when trying to log back in after this occurs. Some sort of timer and "keep me logged in" option, or at least an automatic logout after X amount of minutes, would be incredibly beneficial.