Proliant

Write a Review!
Discover the perfect balance of technology and service.

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.2/5
4.5/5

Parker
Parker

Great Product to Streamline Payroll

Reviewed on 28/2/2023

No matter what size of the company, with tools such as Proliant, any company can offer benefits to employees that compare to the larger companies.

Pros

This product gives small companies like ourselves the capability to offer benefits to our employees that compare to the larger companies.

Cons

There is no integration with our timeclock

Christopher
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

I have worked with over 5 different payroll providers and Proliant is by far the best in all aspects.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is set up in a very practical manner.

Cons

I do not have really any dislikes, maybe that it makes me change my password as an admin to often.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

We switched simply for a better product.

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Cost, customer service, sales service, and ease of use. The implementation process was presented and executed way better as well.
Jeremiah

Look Elsewhere

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

Proliant was a terrible decision. Nothing with them went to plan and we were never technically fully moved out of implementation even though we spent two plus years with them. The customer service provided was always terrible, so much so that we had several phone calls with upper management because of the poor treatment that we received. This being said, the sales team clearly over sold what they were able to deliver. The system is a few different systems parsed together so there is not a clear and uniform flow from one area to the other. Overall, Proliant was one of the worst mistakes that we ever made. Be weary if they try to sell you their software.

Pros

The best thing about Proliant is its cost. The software is not very expensive compared to other full suite payroll options. Additionally the main UI is somewhat pleasing and simple to use.

Cons

The worst thing about Proliant is its software. I am not sure if there is someone behind the curtain constantly changing permissions and data, but those things were certainly to us. Furthermore, their customer service is abysmal. Never have we dealt with such a company that was so inept at its own system. Even though our representatives were the "experts" they constantly had to communicate with other departments and their superiors in order to resolve even the most simple of issues.

Donna
  • Industry: Building Materials

Could be better

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

It's OK but could be a lot better. A lot of work is needed with the timekeeping interface and reports.

Pros

Most of the payroll features work well when an update doesn't break something

Cons

The timekeeping interface is a nightmare. It works well enough on it's own but the interface is not good. The customer support for the timekeeping feature is mostly non-existent.
The reports and report writer are not that great. The reports consistently leave employees out and you can't rely on the answers 100%. The report writer doesn't have cumulative total fields to create concise reports.
Much of the maintenance is not available to the administrator and you have to rely of support to update your tables for payroll and timekeeping; especially timekeeping.
Updates to software aren't adequately tested before turnover

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

Infinisource did not treat void checks correctly

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Perceived better reporting and void check treatment
Jennifer
  • Industry: Wholesale

So Happy We Made the Switch to Proliant!

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

I was dreading the switch because we had just gone through implementation with another provider. I have no regrets. Proliant is on top of it. Our first payroll was easy! The tax team is responsive and any issues are quickly and easily resolved. I am excited to integrate our expense reimbursement into Proliant instead of cutting checks.

Pros

The implementation team was very knowledgeable and made the transition from our previous provider seamless and painless. The Ready Pay Online platform is very intuitive and easy to navigate. Unlimited training is helpful in learning all the different aspects of the software. The customer service has been amazing; I quickly get accurate answers to all of my questions.

Cons

I still struggle with Reporting and finding or customizing reports to the content and format I need.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

Workforce Now was difficult to navigate, the reporting was impossible, and there were so many issues on the back end due to poor implementation that we are still trying to correct errors. Customer service was severely lacking and the wait times and response times were unacceptable.

Sarah
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great customer service

Reviewed on 28/2/2023

Pros

Any time we have had an issue, you have responded immediately and either resolved it or found someone to help resolve the issue.

Cons

We asked that the mobile punch in and out was not available, but in order for someone to work from home we have no choice but to enable it.Ben Admin was a very rocky start with our implementation lead leaving with no notice. The new implementation lead and our ongoing Ben Admin lead have been great, but the delay in getting up and running caused us a lot of issues.

Paycom and Paylocity

Their horrible customer service

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Price and we felt your product was superior. Plus we felt that your customer service would be superior.
Jenna
  • Industry: Human Resources

Proliant Review

Reviewed on 24/5/2023

Proliant has been a great tool to use since I have worked in the HR department. It is easy to use and helpful with new hires. The support contacts are easy to get a hold of and respond in a timely manner.

Pros

Applicant Tracking, Reviews, and Time and Attendance are all easy to use and have helped our company with putting a stop to using paper. It has been easy to navigate things and see how it works.

Cons

Reports in my opinion could use some improvement; some types of reports are not able to be run in Proliant and it causes a little frustration. The reports writer and library work well but could use some improvement in my opinion.

Douglas
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Customer Service #1

Very good!

Very good!

Pros

They are so easy to work with and respond immediately!

Cons

Some of the software doesn't do what I'd like it to do.

We outgrew them.

TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

We had experience using them from an entity we aquired.
Veronica

Best Decision we made to Switch

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

My overall experience has been positive and I am able to quickly help my teammates navigate the software. Being able to access resources and training links along with the support team Proliant has in place to assist with additional training or questions you may have, has made my learning of the software very easy.

Pros

Seems very easy to learn and when you have questions, there is a section you can review how to use certain features. There are resources and training links to help you navigate the software and the support team is amazing in helping you understand how to use the software properly.

Cons

The only con I can see is occasionally the time and labor feature times out while you are working. It's quick to get back in to the feature, just haven't asked the team about how to keep it from logging out.

Phil

Proliant for rapidly-growing firm, great access to data

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

Pros

Implementation was very easy
Payroll tool is straightforward
Report Writer is fantastic

Cons

PTO management - no forecasting, review of time tracked versus requested
Variable payees on payroll can be tough to manage occasionally (we have a 1099 payroll that runs once monthly, and the payees vary - often they won't show on the payroll and we have to add them every time)

Traliant , BambooHR and Justworks

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

We had seen declining service levels from our PEO as they were acquired by larger firms (twice!) and we were fed up with the lack of direct access to our payroll and benefits data.

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Cost, service during sale, access to data, technology forward toolset
Elizabeth
  • Industry: Building Materials

Best software for all in one HR

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

Pros

Best part about using Proliant is the integration all in one place.

Cons

The only issues we have ran into were communications with an account manager, which were fixed very quickly when we brought them up and addressed them.

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

The previous software was awful to use.

TimeClock Plus

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Ease of use, cost, bait and switch sales tactics.
Audrey
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Proliant review

Reviewed on 24/5/2023

Our needs have outgrown the Proliant system.

Our needs have outgrown the Proliant system.

Pros

It is very basic, uncomplicated. The reps are nice.

Cons

We have very little control over anything in the system. Many updates (i.e. terminations, updates to GL-related reports) require tickets to be submitted to Proliant support teams rather than allowing us to make the updates ourselves. The turn around time for Proliant support varies widely from a day to several months.

Ashley
  • Industry: Wholesale

Excellent payroll software

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

Excellent payroll solution, great for tracking benefits, scheduling and labor metrics.

Pros

Product is easy to use and integrates well with out existing platform.

Cons

Attendance On Demand is the time clock portion of the software and is a separate system. Occasionally run into issues between the two and need assistance to resolve.

Evan

Quite a robust system

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

Staff are getting better about submitting their work hours and PTO in a timely manner.

Pros

It has so many features to play around with and utilize.

Cons

It can be a little intimidating for our staff who aren't as familiar or comfortable using online systems.

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

I believe we outgrew Paychex. Our organization is a little unique in how we're setup and how we operate. We needed something a little more robust.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

In the end, Proliant seemed to offer more of what we were looking for and was the best fit for our payroll needs.
Dale
  • Industry: Accounting

Basic Review

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

Customer service is great, transition to this software is seamless. Running payroll and getting reports is cumbersome and time-consuming.

Pros

My needs were very basic on the payroll side. The actual running of payroll was reliable and consistent.

Cons

Running payroll required too many steps, most of which were unnecessary. Payroll reporting did not get me the information I needed in and easy, concise manner. I had to use 2 reports to be able to post.

Gusto and RUN Powered by ADP

Insperity was too expensive

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

I know the sales person for Proliant - relationship.
Teresa
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Switch from ADP

Reviewed on 24/5/2023

Pros

Everything about Proliant has been easy compared to all other systems. User friendly & customer support is amazing!!!

Cons

I don't love that the Time & Attendance piece is a separate systems.

Chris
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Payroll

Very good

Very good

Pros

Easy for payroll processing. Easier report writer function.

Cons

Tracking employee comp time. We have to make the PTO tracking work for this.

Josh
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Fantastic Customer Service Has Earned My Loyalty

Reviewed on 28/2/2023

The system is easy and the assigned Rep is fantastic. I love knowing I have an assigned individual who is extremely responsive that sends easy, visual directions so that I quickly can accomplish whatever task I couldn't figure out on my own. Over the years, Proliant has grown with my company where it was only 1 other employee to more than a dozen today.

Pros

The software itself are generally easy and intuitive, but what I like best is the personalized customer service. My assigned Rep (Robby) is 100% fantastic. Every time I email him with a question about the platform he replies within minutes (I think the longest way was an hour or two). He sends me step-by-step screenshot directions on how to accomplish whatever I was hoping to do. He also will reach out with deadline reminders to make sure payroll and other related items stay on schedule. As to the platform, it's easy to do payroll and only takes about 10 minutes even after adding personalized PTO and commissions. Proliant's personalized customer service sets them far apart from other payroll services and has earned them a loyal customer.

Cons

I'm not an HR guy, but as the owner of a small company with a dozen employees, the task falls to me. I'm not up on a lot of the lingo so it requires me to ask more questions as it's not super-easy to figure out items on my own. Luckily, it's easy to just ask my Rep who's extremely responsive, negativing what otherwise would be a negative towards Proliant.

Nancy

DKC Review of Proliant

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

I would say that our experience has been a positive one. I have had some really great support people but they always seem to leave and we're left with some that aren't very helpful. I would like to see the training and support materials improved. They give you an overall understanding of what the tool does but, when you have an issue, it's really difficult to try and find the answer on your own.

Pros

Our implementation was very easy. Each of our implementation specialists were very engaged and knowledgeable and helpful during our implementation. The layout is is user friendly and the modules offered are all important aspects of the HR function. I also like the amount of tools provided.

Cons

While implementation was easy, the training to use the software was lacking. Watching someone go through a video of the modules wasn't as useful as being able to get into a testing site and actually use the software. I wish the guides were a little more user friendly. Sometimes it's hard to tell which guide the information I'm looking for is in. The help feature is nice but, when I tried to use it, it didn't provide me with the information I was looking for.

Olivia
  • Industry: Food Production

Prolinat

Reviewed on 28/2/2023

Honestly pretty shitt. I have had to go to my account managers boss multiple times and she has helped me but I feel like if we have an account manager who does not help what is the point of one.

Pros

Applicant tracking. This is the easiest thing in the whole program

Cons

Nothing crosses over correctly. I am constantly auditing the system and fixing things. Also our account manager has switched 5 times.

Paylocity

Kathaleen
  • Industry: Government Administration

Payroll made easy

Reviewed on 10/3/2022

Overall I am pleased with Proliant. Sometimes it takes a while to get assistance when you have an issue. I think that it may be a staffing issue. It's a sign of the times to be short staffed these days. Our customer service rep is great, I just think she gets overwhelmed with calls and emails sometimes.
I would recommend Proliant to anyone who needs a payroll system.
I used to work for another payroll company and I would choose Prolaint over them any day of the week.

Pros

Using the software is easy. I like how you can edit the wizard fields to help create just what you need to enter a new employee. Easy to find the information that you need quickly by using the different tabs.
Excellent training options right from the software, you get the training any time you wish to view it.
Several useful reports are already created for use.

Cons

When the software is being updated you can lose some of the functions. They need to do more testing to make sure everything works before they launch it. Sometimes they go back and forth before they correct the issues or the server is down. It can be challenging at times.
When it works, it works great. Unfortunately, Payroll is time sensitive and when you need to use it, you need it to work properly.

Helen

Painful implementation and usage

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Pros

There are a lot of customizable features.

Cons

The customizable features only work in certain ways and and is not the most user friendly. Some parts purchased at the beginning still do not have a working solution almost 2 years in.

Paycom and Paycor

Andrew

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

okay. overall ease of use. norm moore our account manager is great. very responsive.

Pros

Overall ease of use .................................

Cons

time clock's do not work very well. PTO accrual features do not work for our company. time and attendance seems mediocre compared to others. on-boarding could be better, reason we don't use, person that did the initial review wasn't very good

Robin
  • Industry: Chemicals

Proliant Review

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

The software could be better but we stay because of the excellent service and support we receive

Pros

I want say implementation was easy but it was well managed by the Proliant team

Cons

timekeeping feature goes down every time an upgrade is performed which is very frustrating to me and to the employees

Paychex Flex and Paylocity

loss trust in provider

Paycom

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

The presentation and demo given
Richard
  • Industry: Machinery

Manufacturer

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Primarily used for payroll processing and time clock management with PTO leave administration.

Pros

Robust features with a low cost value proposition with a fairly stable online platform and reputation.

Cons

Some of the employee settings during onboarding are not easy to find due to infrequent use by a small employer with light turnover. The system is very thorough with lots of features and controls so it does take some experience and use over time to become an "expert" user. Designing a way to simplify these would be beneficial to small employers that do not experience a lot of turnover.

Costs and service