Proliant

Discover the perfect balance of technology and service.

4.4/5

Cathie C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Proliant are Industry Leaders

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

I would highly recommend Proliant for all Payroll & HR services. They have proven to us to be the industry leader!

Pros

Proliant was the best decision for our organization in 2014 because they were by far the industry leader in understanding the Affordable Care Act. As a multi-company with mostly hourly employees we needed professionals that could guide us through the law and help us be and stay compliant. We were able to continue to be an E-verify employer with the Talent Acquisition & Hiring feature. Proliant's commitment to providing employers with tools to navigate the ever changing laws brought them to the top again during the Covid-19 Crisis and reporting for the PPP loans and tax credits. They provided weekly webinars to their clients and offered great customer support.

Cons

Although the software is user-friendly, I would like to have available training sessions with professionals.

Dorcas J.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reliable, Affordable Payroll Software

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

Overall, I really like the product. The system is easy to use and the support staff is phenomenal!

Pros

I love the ease in which I can on onboard employees and process payroll. We are a staffing agency, adding and terminating 2-3 employees on a daily basis. Payroll is just one small aspect of my job. With all the other things I have going on, I can't afford to spend a lot of time setting up new employees and running payroll each week.

Cons

The online timesheet only allows for employees to enter total hours worked each day instead of putting in the actual time. Also, in an employee misses a punch using the timeclock, there's no automated way for them to request that there time be adjusted. Thirdly, you cannot lock a timecard until midnight of the last day of the pay cycle. This is very problematic for the online time sheets where a supervisor approves time on Friday and the employee comes in on Saturday and changes his/her time. Once the timecard is approved and locked, no one but the supervisor or administrator should be able to go in and change the time.

Jennifer D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

So Happy We Made the Switch to Proliant!

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

I was dreading the switch because we had just gone through implementation with another provider. I have no regrets. Proliant is on top of it. Our first payroll was easy! The tax team is responsive and any issues are quickly and easily resolved. I am excited to integrate our expense reimbursement into Proliant instead of cutting checks.

Pros

The implementation team was very knowledgeable and made the transition from our previous provider seamless and painless. The Ready Pay Online platform is very intuitive and easy to navigate. Unlimited training is helpful in learning all the different aspects of the software. The customer service has been amazing; I quickly get accurate answers to all of my questions.

Cons

I still struggle with Reporting and finding or customizing reports to the content and format I need.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

Workforce Now was difficult to navigate, the reporting was impossible, and there were so many issues on the back end due to poor implementation that we are still trying to correct errors. Customer service was severely lacking and the wait times and response times were unacceptable.

Amy J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Good Payroll Solution

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

We have had an overall good experience with Proliant after implementation which was very difficult for us.
It takes much less time to process payroll now that we have electronic timekeeping and can draw funds from more than one bank account.

Pros

I like that it is mostly intuitive and user friendly for someone who is technically challenged.
I like the NovaTime solution for time and labor...much better than AOD, which was horrible.

Cons

I do not like that RPO and NovaTime are separate systems...would really like one integrated system. It is very difficult to get employees set up to track hours on their phone. The process to link RPO and NovaTime is complicated and not intuitive.
Report writing is not intuitive.

Julia C.

IDA's Review

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

I absolutely love Proliant and our customer service rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

Pros

I like the ease and accuracy of the actual processing of the payroll.

Cons

The difficulty in new employees setting up access to the time clock.

Jann S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great beginning into HRIS software for a small nonprofit.

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Implementation was well-guided and training was helpful. It's not the most intuitive software I have ever used, but it's not difficult

Pros

Excel time sheets are a thing of the past, and we enjoy a timekeeping system that integrates with payroll. The Proliant set up team worked with us to track both grants and activities, which makes payroll accounting much easier. W2s and pay stubs are available for employees to access in the same system where they enter time, and they are able to make changes to their benefits allocations in the system.

Cons

The help features are not that helpful. There is a library of topics, but it is nearly impossible to navigate. The multi-factor authentication also makes me a little nuts. Because my browser is set to limit cookies, I have to log in, get a code from my email, then answer three questions every time I log in. No other site I visit is as rigorous. I understand that there is a lot of sensitive data, but might appreciate an MFA app like Salesforce uses.

Paylocity and Paycom

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Good balance of features and price, could handle our complex grant accounting designations
Julie H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Proliant software is at the Top

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

It take a lot less time to run payroll and if I have any problems my customer service rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], always has the answers.

Pros

It takes away a lot of the manual entering I used to do which leaves less room for error.

Cons

You have to scroll down and get to the bottom of the screen to save something.

Richard P.
  • Industry: Machinery

Manufacturer

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Primarily used for payroll processing and time clock management with PTO leave administration.

Pros

Robust features with a low cost value proposition with a fairly stable online platform and reputation.

Cons

Some of the employee settings during onboarding are not easy to find due to infrequent use by a small employer with light turnover. The system is very thorough with lots of features and controls so it does take some experience and use over time to become an "expert" user. Designing a way to simplify these would be beneficial to small employers that do not experience a lot of turnover.

Costs and service

Costs
Evan P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Quite a robust system

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

Staff are getting better about submitting their work hours and PTO in a timely manner.

Pros

It has so many features to play around with and utilize.

Cons

It can be a little intimidating for our staff who aren't as familiar or comfortable using online systems.

Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

I believe we outgrew Paychex. Our organization is a little unique in how we're setup and how we operate. We needed something a little more robust.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

In the end, Proliant seemed to offer more of what we were looking for and was the best fit for our payroll needs.
Josh W.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great customer service and easy to use software

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

I stay because of the amazing customer service I receive from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He's responsive, and very quickly and easily shows me how to do what I requested via screen shots/graphics so it's very paint-by-number. Saving both of us a lot of time!

Pros

Adding/updating employee information and handling bi-weekly playroll is intuitive and easy. The system makes it easy to notice and fix an error before it becomes an employee issue- making sure everyone is paid accurately and on time.

Cons

The AZ tax function needs to be improved to make it easier to choose the percentage holding. I didn't know I was doing this wrong, and as a result it will make taxes for some employees harder going forward. I also wish that employees could more easily receive their pay stubs automatically. Sending emails of pay stubs should be an automatic default where people opt out, not opt in. I often get asked by employees how to see it and I need to go back to old emails from the customer service rep at Proliant to know what to tell them. It annoys employees, and me, when they should likely already be getting this by default.

Greg F.

Very Pleased with Proliant Payroll, HR, and Benefits

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

This has simplified our payroll, benefits, and HR processes to a very high degree. The support provided has helped bring new people who work on payroll up to speed quickly.

Pros

HR and Benefits went from manual to automated. It is wonderful.

The support team is superb. They are most helpful, always available.

Cons

The process to set up approval hierarchies (department and supervisor assignments) is rather involved. It takes about 4 steps and it is easy to make a mistake.

Nerina P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Started strong with customer service, now it has dropped drastically

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

I was stoked to have switched to Proliant, we were told we would always have an assigned account manager and yes that is the case. In the almost two years we have lost two awesome account managers. They were very responsive to my calls or emails. Now not so much and I always get the same response too busy with other customers. Novatime represenative not responsive, takes him too long to get back to me. as a matter of fact , he has not fixed my vacation accruals since months ago. He does not follow up and I'm still waiting to here that he is done

Pros

It is somewhat user friendly, when we came on board the whole process was rushed, did not get sufficient training

Cons

Running any sort of payroll, HR report is cumbersome

Dawn J.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Software Experience

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

Pros

I appreciated the assistance and training devoted to onboarding our team. The customer service has been excellent! The integration process was efficient.

Cons

The Status Wizard and Reports are not quite as user friendly initially however, the customer service representatives are always available and very willing to assist with any and all questions I had. After getting more familiar with these options they have proven to be a valuable asset.

Lauriann W.

Proliant Review

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

Although there are alot of cons with Proliant, TL and Benefit Admin, the software is a tool that helps us run our business to the best of its ability. However, I would not or will not recommend this software to anyone until there is a better communication between all three parts of the software meaning Ready Pay, Time and Labor and Benefit Admin can all sync accordingly and correctly when an Admin make updates or changes within the system. I should not have to go in all three areas to update what I just put in one

Pros

Proliant has several pros such as: the ease of using payroll, the ease of using ESS, the ease of employee self service. I love on the Adminstrator side the ability to use the Notification feature to communicate important information to the entire company or the ability to just notify one person.

Cons

Cons: Proliant and Time and Labor do not sync properly, Time and Labor is a whole nighmare itself and you can never get help in resolving anything in it so you just deal with it. You can go in TL and change something and go back in it 30 mins later after the system syncs and it reverts itself back to what it was. When we reported this we were told well you dont have to worry about that it doesnt go anywhere anyway, YES it does it notifies the Executive of the Company who is getting all these notifications. We change it again and the next day its right back where it was. Than it has new hires who are Parttime reverting to Fulltime, so you have to go in and change that. When we an admin is no longer with the company and we terminate them in Prolaint it doesnt sync to TL so we have to email someone to terminate them when we should be able to terminate them as an Admin. We should have more freedom as HR to terminate or add where needed.

Sue D.

Just do it

Reviewed on 5/11/2021

Love the Proliant system. It is easy to understand and use. We took our HR department as well as our payroll to the next level with Proliant.

Pros

Proliant is a must for all HR and payroll needs. The system is easy to implement and understand. We were able to go from paper files to all digital files for our employee files :)

Cons

The reports for any kind of data is time consuming to get exactly what you are looking for.

RUN Powered by ADP and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

To learn and implement the ACA information. We wanted to make sure we were compliant.

Donna C.
  • Industry: Machinery

Proliant Review 11-01-21

Reviewed on 1/11/2021

We have been challenged internally throughout the implementation of the various modules we selected due to staff changing, and Proliant has been extremely helpful as we navigate our current modules and go forth with additional modules.

Pros

Many more features than our previous software.

Cons

No, I can't think of anything offhand that might be missing or not up to our expectations. If something does come along, we have reached out to our reps to see if another solution or slight adjustment can help us out.

Althea L.
  • Industry: Textiles

Review Proliant Services

Reviewed on 2/11/2021

The tax credits and COVID modules are great. Overall we have been very satisfied with Proliant and the functions they offer. Since electing Proliant we haven't even considered another payroll company.

Pros

We use Proliant most often Personnel Files, Payroll, Performance Reviews, and Written Warnings. Proliant is easy to use and navigate. It is not difficult to make changes and the customer service has been great.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to navigate the hard coded reports and get the exact info that you need. I do wish the reports menu was easier to use and easier to adapt to our situations.

Parker H.

Ideal Product with great customer service

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

Pros

Even though the software gets updated on a regular basis it is in a way that allows with continual ease with minimal needed training. Great product and when customer service is needed your team that is assigned to you is ready to help.

Cons

There really isn't anything negative to say. If your customer service team isn't available it may take a little time to get back with you but that is on the rare occasion.

Nancy L.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

A review for Proliant

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

The way the business is benefited by using Proliant, is the ability to run reports to answer questions when needed. The manner in which Proliant was able to implement the COVID programs over the last two years was excellent - given the timeframe and information provided by the government.

Pros

The ease of use, the quick response time of the Proliant employee assisting me with questions.

Cons

There are really nothing I can think of.

Mary beth H.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Customer service has been great as we are getting set up

Pros

Ease of set up and use
great customer service from implementation team

Cons

nothing as of yet, have not started using yet

Christy Z.

Ease of Payroll functions

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

The conversion to Proliant was one of the easiest software conversions i have been involved with. The customer service is great

Pros

The product is very logical and easy to use. Labor distribution and average overtime pay were correct

Cons

I would like to hide unused features from the screens

Vanessa G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Proliant Software Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Overall, Proliant is user friendly.

Pros

Time & Attendance, Requesting Off Days and Employee Profiles. Other features were impactful as well such as; pay history and demographics. These features provide quick access when referencing employee information to complete any work related documentation.

Cons

Certain feature are difficult to locate example: codes, uploading documentation into the employee files.

Jonathon C.
  • Industry: Automotive

Sleek and Simple

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

I don't think I will ever change payroll service. This is perfect for my company.

Pros

I like the constant updates. My favorite recently is the mobile friendly update.

Cons

I love this software. My specialist is forever available when I need her.

Renee B.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Swcc

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

Pros

User friendly. Operations Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is awesome and is knowledgeable and is always helpful.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Proliant.

Helen S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Setting up way painful and difficult, not easy to use, not at all intuitive.

Reviewed on 2/11/2021

no benefits.

Pros

I switched from another payroll processing company and proliant is certainly no better and many ways much worse.

Cons

difficult to use, not remotely intuitive, many different departments to deal with and often no response

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

Paycom changed their software to make it more difficult to use so I went looking for the "old paycom" and was misled that proliant was it. It is NOT!

Paycom

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

I was sold a bill of goods they could not fultill