1,220 reviews

Procare Desktop Version

Windows-based childcare management system

4.6 /5 (1220 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
1,220 reviews
Debbie J.

Procare for Parents

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

Procare saves us many hours every week. We do not figure accounts or depend on spreadsheets, or even correct data entry. We do have about 5 parents that like to pay cash, but the other 50 or so families all pay with debit card or auto debit, which automatically posts to their account and updates. It helps us to look professional and current. It is also a great safety feature. Procare has a place for pictures of each child, parent, and anyone the parent authorizes to pick up their children. So we can quickly access who can pick up a child and what they look like. Everyone at my center loves Procare and it improves the quality of my business.

Pros

Our Parents are always impressed that we are set up on a computer system for checking their children in and out. They really enjoy the fingerprint option for the most part. Some of the grandparents and a few parents do not have fingerprints that can be distinguished well enough to use, but they do have the option of using a code. Being able to look at their account, pay their account, and get their receipt emailed to them is just genius. It works perfectly, and requires no time on our part at all. The only thing we do is update the accounts on Monday morning. It truly is a great program for child care centers.

Cons

I would have to say, for the parents that do have to use a code instead of a fingerprint, have to use 2 separate numbers; a code, and a pass code. They get used to it, but at first grumble a bit about it.

Kimberly S.
Industry: Education Management

Great software but needs some tweaking

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

As described above, it has many perks and we do appreciate the flexibility it has given our school. I would absolutely recommend it to other people. However, we switched from an older version of Child Care Manager and lost some basic functionality for an "upgraded" software. Those issue need to be addressed to make sure this software stays as competitive as it needs to.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers the components we need. Helped us be able to use credit cards for our families and offer online registration. Great for tracking staff hours, shot records, etc. I like that this service is cloud-based and be accessed off-site. Makes my job easier.

Cons

It's missing some common sense elements - such as allowing families to enroll and complete all data for younger siblings. We have to do it on paper and enter the information manually. It is also missing some niceties such as preprogrammed signatures on emails - when you send them many times a day, it gets frustrating having to type a 3-4 line title each time. These are just two examples, but there are many small, yet inconvenient issues like these. Seems like these types of things were overlooked and could be easily corrected. We have called customer service with numerous questions and for the items that were not offered, we explained the need for them. NO CHANGES HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED TO DATE. It's frustrating that customer feedback isn't a bigger priority.

Yolanda Y.

Awesome Tech support.

Reviewed on 12/2/2018

Pros

It can keep track of the immunizations. It alerts us when immunizations are going to expire. Tracking and changing classrooms is a breeze.

Cons

We can't put comments on each child or employees. For example, teacher calls out, we don't have a place to keep track of call outs and the same with students, if a parent has a concern, we have to write it down, but prefer to keep track on ProCare. Less steps is always best when it comes to billing and charges, etc. It is a challenge to just delete one sibling when they have moved on to another school and the younger one is still with us. I have had tech support, but still shows up. If I delete the one sibling, it deletes both students on the folder so I end up adding them both back on the hidden folder. I just want to hide the one that moved on.

Response from Procare Software

Yolanda ¿ We¿re glad you¿ve had such positive interactions with our Tech Support team and that immunization tracking and classroom management are now a breeze. As for adding comments to children or staff, there are a few different ways that could be done including using Log Notes for items that require a permanent record. Also, when children leave theYolanda ¿ We¿re glad you¿ve had such positive interactions with our Tech Support team and that immunization tracking and classroom management are now a breeze. As for adding comments to children or staff, there are a few different ways that could be done including using Log Notes for items that require a permanent record. Also, when children leave the center, typically you¿ll want to unenroll them but maintain their records for historical purposes (rather than delete them)¿and it¿s perfectly fine if their sibling is still in attendance. This article on when (and how) to remove a child may be helpful: http://procaresupport.com/remove-child/

Sara C.

The Procare Whisperer - AKA - Benji

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

So... I had one little question, right? One little itty bitty - probably could have figured it out by myself - question. But.... it's people's finances, so I called to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

Holy Goodness Gracious. NO.

I solved what I had initially called about - but I still scheduled an additional call with the rep because of how many ???s he answered that I didn't even know I had.

I started with TE and Procare about 6 mos. ago. I simply take parents tuition for a small(ish) preschool. That's it. No big deal. The person who was in this position before me trained me the best she could on the software and she was trained by someone else who really never understood the initial training given to her. Follow all that? Yeah. Exactly.

Enter our rep.

I seriously have sat in front my computer using Tuition Express software every week for 6 mos. I've never fully understood it, never appreciated what it could do and can promise I've never been excited about exploring its further uses.

I've been called by your sales department 3 times to consider Cloud services and MyProcare. Firm no. Every time.

I can tell you that after speaking with our rep - I'll be bringing a proposal to switch to Cloud capabilities soon. Our rep made me feel comfortable with my software abilities, taught me how to use TE better. He taught me about the ins and outs of TE that I wasn't even aware I was missing. (POS, files, individual posting, etc).

Our rep's enthusiasm, his passion toward your product, and his knowledge of the Family Data and Accounting Portal is above and beyond. He was encouraging & really sparked my interest to now speak with Shauna about Ledger & Expense and Employee & Payroll.

Our rep cemented my opinion that my school should stick with TE software. He inspired me to learn more about it. He sold me on the idea of additional portals - and as someone who is supposed to be running a tight ship - that's no easy task. I'm pretty sure I even exclaimed "Hot Damn!" in a church preschool more than once today.

My background is in Sales Management and Customer Service, our rep is a gem of an employee and please be so aware of that. He is a representative for you in every sense of the word. Professional, knowledgeable, fun to talk to and passionate about what he's working with. A++

Pros

It's fluidity. It can grow with us and help us grow. It can be my checks and balances so that I will always be accountable to my staff, my parents and my board. I can organize and create clear reports in ways I wasn't able to do previously. Amazing stuff really.

Cons

Learning it. It's hard to self-navigate. But the training you can get is very good.

Serena S.
Industry: Education Management

Robust software with superb customer service

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

We've been able to move all of our data to a secure, cloud-based management system, allowing us to get rid of our outdated servers and making our in-house IT personnel very happy in the process. We've also begun offering online payment options to our grateful families, many of whom kept a check book on hand solely for tuition payments. We have been very happy with the support offered by Procare's customer service team. They have walked us through setting up new products, both software and hardware, and are readily available with a quick response to any questions we've had. Additionally, Procare does a great job in offering very clear instructions through webinars and other online resources. Their customer service is second to none.

Pros

This software provides solutions for so many things at once...from data management to parent resources...and allows our center to be run much more efficiently. Our organization is currently exploring just a fraction of the available software system, but we are excited about the prospect of adding more and more over the next few years, simplifying options for parents and families as well as for our administrative team and other employees.

Cons

There is a LOT to learn in order to use the software. Things that we were able to do in one click in our last system now require quite a bit more "digging" in order to execute. We have also found that the available reports are not as intuitive as our old software. We are having to input a lot more data in multiple places in order to access necessary reports. However, we attribute this extra bit of effort on our part to the increased capabilities of this system. Plus, the learning resources are plentiful, so we are able to figure out easily enough how to make the software work for our needs.

Marja P.

Good child/family management program

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

My experience has been very good. We were very hesitant after having a bad experience with a program that was recommended after our old program was discontinued. However, Procare was very helpful and suited our needs better.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and is easy to use. It has some great features our previous program did not have. Their support website is great with very useful videos if you're stuck on something or can't figure out how do to so. I used our previous program for 30 years and I was very unsure about starting something new, however, Procare made it very easy as most features were the same or similar.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to print a directory for our families. And I miss being able to print a regular file folder label for children.

Terri M.
Industry: Education Management

Procare Child Care Management system is an Owner/Administrator's "best friend". Excellent and ez.

Reviewed on 11/7/2016

We have used Procare since 1996 and tried 2 other systems prior to finding out more about Procare through use of their demo. We've upgraded each version which has enhanced services each time. The sales and technical support personnel are very informative, friendly, and accessible. We also use Tuition Express which makes collections a breeze. Additionally, we use the keyless entry system for enhanced security. Procare has kept up with the needs of families and childcare center management by making these additional options.

Pros

Cost effective--not expensive and pays for itself in short time
User friendly with lots of tutorials, webinars, and on phone as well as on line support
State of the art technology to meet current and future needs
Technicians work with teachers, administrators and I/T people as needed with ease and friendliess
Fast service, product delivery
Attractive software--"eye appeal" to users

Cons

I love everything about this software!

Cynthia R.

Procare

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Procare is how my business runs! We use it for all payments, sign in and out sheets, time cards for staff, scheduling students even simple things like birthday lists. Procare is the staple in my child care.

Pros

There are tons of things you can do with this software. It is very versatile and has lots of features. The customer support is really really good. I'm sure they realize their software is difficult so it's nice to know I can call and speak to a live person who will guide me through whatever steps to help me with what I'm doing. They are always very polite and helpful.

Cons

This software is rather complicated to use! The software is for child cares and in my experience most child cares are full of people with degrees in child care and psychology! Finding a tech savvy person isn't as easy. I have tried my best to understand and take notes along the way-but I would say this software is NOT user friendly. Plus, there are times when a pop-up window comes up changing a setting and if you choose it you can never change the setting back. I learned that the hard way...

Response from Procare Software

Cynthia - It's great to hear that Procare is a staple in your center and that you appreciate the versatility and features. We strive to make Procare easy to use and provide free training--along with free technical support and online learning tools. We are here to support your continued success and are always are just a phone call away!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Shelissa A.

Love it. customer service agent was most helpful this morning

Reviewed on 11/1/2018

The ability to manage my childcare center as well as my pre-school classes. It really simplifies the record keeping that is required for all state licensed centers and pre-school. You are able to manage the center and bill the parents for weekly tuition.

Pros

Easy to load new students. I like the ability to run more reports in a faster time. I like the break down on printing sign in sheets and roll call sheets. I really like the different choices in statements that you can offer your parents. It is very well priced for the service that you receive. The customer support staff are very helpful and eager to assist you.

Cons

Employee part. I have had new software since July and I still can't put my employees time in like I did with my older version. But no worries I have my old software still working on another computer that I use for employee time sheets. Love Love Love ProCare

Response from Procare Software

Shelissa ¿ We¿re happy to hear how much you love Procare and how it simplifies your daily record keeping. There are several ways to make staff time card entries either by having employees check themselves in and out, or by using a batch screen to process time card hours for many people at once. Someone from our team will be in touch to help you find the most efficient method for your situation.

Michelle S.
Industry: Education Management

Procare makes my job easier

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

I have used Procare for just over 5 years and I absolutely love it. It is easy to use and when there is an update, I find something new I didn't realize I needed until I used it. The customer service and the online tutorials are fantastic.

Pros

I have often called it "daycare for dummies" software when training a new user. The use of a graphic picture to do simple, repetitive tasks such as checking the time clock, or adding immunizations or physicals, or finding contact information for an authorized pickup person, makes it so simple to learn.

Cons

There are sometimes reports I would like to print that I can't find. For example, for our pool passes, I needed to have a list of all children's names, date of birth, parent' names, addresses and contact phone numbers. I couldn't find one report that would easily print this information for me. I either got the parent info, or the child info, but never a combination of everything I needed. It would be nice to customize what info we want to pull for the report. I'm sure each center has different kinds of data they need to gather for different reasons.

Donna S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

ProCare

Reviewed on 5/8/2019

Pros

This is an excellent software that is cloud based so we are able to share information updates quickly and accurately. I like that we can have multiple time clocks that communicate immediately.

Cons

Because we are a small nonprofit we only have so much money - we would like to have more user spaces at a time but don’t feel this extra cost is worth it.

Christina G.

Don't Forget The Tuition Payment

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Overall, we are able to have all families in one place. We disabled parents from making their own payments on line - too many "forgetting" to make their weeky payments. The parents actually like that we process the tuition for them every week. We are in a routine that is comfortable for all. The downside is we have a few families that require multiple forms of payment due to separation and splitting all tuition payments. It would be nice to have the option for each parent to have their own payment page for weekly processing.

Pros

It's easy enough to set up and edit accounts as needed. We use this program for both preschool and secondary. It gets a bit tricky because they are maintained differently, but I am making it work. I can run reports as needed. And sending emails to specific groups is wonderful.

Cons

Again, we use this program for both preschool and secondary. Processing tuition isn't just pushing everyone on a weekly basis -

Catherine K.

ProCare Review for a small, Nature-based Preschool

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

Pros

Once I gained a basic understanding of how the software functions, I found it fairly easy to use, and could make it work for my needs by playing with the configurations. I appreciate that the software allows me the freedom to change things based on the specifics of my program. It also provides the reports that I need for state licensing. I like that it gives me a variety of options for forms, so I can find the one that works best for us. I like being able to enter date parameters, and I like that it automatically calculates birthdays and cross-references families for me. These are all things that make things easier for me!

Cons

I wish I could bundle phone numbers, or even copy & paste them, the same way I can with email addresses. I also wish there could be two simultaneous enrollment status options: that way I could confirm that a child is enrolled in the current year, while also enrolled in the following year. The system seems to be set-up for year-round day care programs, without considering that a lot of preschools have specific start and end dates for each year. I use the tracking function to enroll current children into a class for the upcoming year, but then I can't use the Tracking option when using the letter merge, which is frustrating. I also wish my login password didn't expire so often!

Holly L.

Procare Software Review

Reviewed on 20/9/2018

Pros

ProCare is fairly easy to use. I did not receive any formal training on how to use the program, but I was able to teach myself how to use most functions fairly quickly.

Cons

This is not a deal breaker, but I would have liked to have seen more options for backgrounds on the program, since I like to decorate my desk and classroom according to the seasons.

Response from Procare Software

Holly - We're glad you've found Procare easy to use on your own--although we do offer free setup training to all first time customers to help you get off to a smooth start. Our Client Services Team can arrange that for you as needed at 1-800-338-3884.

Also, you have many more options for backgrounds than you might realize. Procare itself has close to 30 standard choices, but you can have Procare match your Windows color scheme, which gives you an even wider variety to choose from. To do so, from the Procare Home screen go to Configuration > User, and uncheck the box that says "use a program skin". Now set Windows to any color you like by going to the Personalization menu and choosing Colors. Hint: Click the Windows Start button and search for "Personalization".

Sarah S.

Childcare Facility Review

Reviewed on 22/7/2019

Overall our experience with Procare has been good. They make the day to day operation of a childcare center a lot easier.

Pros

I like all the data that it provides. It helps us make business decisions and day to day decisions a lot easier.

Cons

I don't like the way Procare and KidReports interact. When a parent signs out a child at the kiosk, it should sign them out in KidReports too. Also, when we add new families, it's frustrating that we either have to wait 24 hours for it to sync with KidReports or message the help desk to do it. That being said, the help desk with KidReports is wonderful!

Susan E.
Industry: Education Management

Procare Software makes my life easier!

Reviewed on 10/7/2019

Procare Software has been a great experience from the training process of first setting up our center, to the technical support that is provided as needed all the way to the incredible reports we can access as we use the program each day.

Pros

My favorite thing about Procare Software is that it's features directly relate to childcare issues. I like that I can see at my fingertips the days and times that children attend. I also like the variety of schedules that can be set up for children/families. Billing has been a great improvement to what we use to use. I now can charge weekly or monthly and each family can be billed according to their specific usage of days and times. There are also sibling and employee discounts that can be set up by dollar amounts or by percentages. No longer do I need to tract parents down to pay, we set it up that every dollar comes out automatically through credit card or checking account.

Cons

The biggest con that we have found is that we can not project what we will be bringing in at a date in the future.

Nicole O.

We love Procare because with our line of work we need something reliable and easy to use.

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

Pros

We love how easy it is to use and that new things are being added all the time. We know that there are also functions that we haven't even begun to use! I also love the ease of way they can take control of the computer and trouble shoot for me being that I am a little computer illiterate.

Cons

The wait on the phone for technical support is very long. With our busy atmosphere it's hard to sit on hold for an hour at a time and then work with someone on fixing the problems. It's a good thing that we don't have to do it often!

Response from Procare Software

Nicole - Thank you for your comments on Procare's ease of use and sharing your positive experience of working with our Support Team. As to reaching support, hold times do vary, but you may find it convenient to send an online request--you can even specify when you¿d like a call back, if a call is needed, and our Support Team will do their best to accommodate your request. Visit http://procaresupport.com/contact-procare-support/

Jim H.

Great software for the money

Reviewed on 21/7/2016

I use this program for payroll and monitoring child attendance. The payroll time cards are extremely easy to use with QuickBooks. I export the weekly child attendance to Excel to reconcile with manual forms to verify their accuracy for CACFP (food program)

Pros

It is extremely accurate and has an enormous set of features that I am still learning to use. It is relatively easy for someone like me who has a good working knowledge of computer work, but am not anywhere close to being a computer geek. The customer support has been very good in the times they were needed.

Cons

Customer support is needed about 2-3 times per year to get the software working. Sometimes, it takes a long time (over 30 minutes) to get a live person online. However, once a CSR is connected, they are very polite and get the problem fixed.
Hardware issue: some people have a problem with their finger image so we are having to set them up with other fingers. We tell them to rub behind their ears for natural oils to improve the image on the platen but there are some people who continue to have problems.

Denise E.

Wonderful Child Care Software

Reviewed on 21/5/2019

Running the floor is so much more simple now that we can see which children are checked in and teachers are on the floor. Parent and state invoices/payments are also much easier to track. Procare has given us more control over the administration and running of the Center.

Pros

This software makes managing our Center so much easier. Procare helps you manage ratios at a glance, review accounts receivable, track payments from State Agencies, and manage staff hours and schedules.

Cons

I would like to see a function or report that tells you when certain deadlines are approaching: expiring child medicals, alert when children are approaching an age where they should be changing age groups/classrooms, etc. Currently, you have to go in and run a report or look at each child to see an alert. These need to pop-up in a section of the dashboard.

Connie M.

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

Pros

What I like most is that this software is very easy to use and I am always finding new ways to pull up a report. Reports are very detailed and can be specific to your needs.

Cons

I have no ran into any problems as of yet.

Carl S.

Procare Software Needs to Listen to its Users Needs

Reviewed on 22/5/2019

Procare has done a good job at bringing a great deal of the industries requirements together in one software application. Lots of organizations try and build there own system by using commercial off the shelf tools BUT PROCARE brings all that effort to one program.

Pros

Cloud base app. Done a great job delivering a cloud based application out of the gate A+

Cons

Touch screen device H/W issues have not been addressed in YEARS. Having to work around the issue for years is unsettling every time it happens and clunky to get stood back up..

Basic functionality capabilities that have been mulling around for years never get addressed. Example adding a Report that would provide "Emergency Card" information by classroom is a necessary feature in any environment and it doesn't exist from data viewer either. Best solution would be to create an API to your database because all the Family related Emerg Card details are spread across a number of tables... Trying to use MySQL to gather what we need.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tanya G.

I am always appreciative of their willingness to help even though we utilize MacBooks/Parallels.

Reviewed on 15/11/2017

Pros

The software is so user friendly and adaptable to a Before & After School program. It was not developed for older kids or a after school program but you can easily modify.

Cons

I wish it was more accessible from a iPad and that you could check employees in & out along with children on the iPad.

Response from Procare Software

Tanya - Thank you for your kind review of Procare. We really appreciate your feedback. Procare does offer options for all types of tablets. First, Procare Web Apps can be used to check children in and access emergency contact information. Second, our partnership with KidReports gives you access to the leading classroom management and parent engagement tool built specifically for iPad, Android and Fire tablets. Investigate these links to learn more.

Kristen C.

Child Care Software Management

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

The software is very user friendly and can be used for an agency like ours that operates multiple locations.
The customer service has been terrific!

Pros

Helps ensure tuition is paid on time- charged correctly, collected in a timely fashion, recorded accurately, etc.
Children's and employee's files are electronic and in one place for state licensing purposes, NAEYC accreditation, etc.
Management can quickly check attendance, tuition balances, snack and meal counts by category for USDA reimbursement etc.
Procare allows us to set up a variety of tuition rates, subsidy amounts, and discounts.

Cons

What I like least about Procare is that there is not a local team that can come on site to provide training/assistance.

Jennifer F.
Industry: Education Management

Easy to use childcare software

Reviewed on 17/5/2019

Customer service people are kind, knowledgeable and easy to work with but you may have to wait on hold between 15 and 45 minutes to speak to someone.

Pros

Easy to us, it's all inclusive, what any childcare business would need to run a successful, organized, professional program. Payment processing is integrated.

Cons

Cost, the program is expensive and it does have monthly fees. Card processing is expensive.

Donna O.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Procare Software Review

Reviewed on 27/6/2019

Procare has helped our business succeed. We love the program.

Pros

I absolutely love Procare Software. It has made the management of running a child care center so much easier and more effecient. From the billing and payments for students to the time keeping and payroll of employees. Procare has a module that covers it all. I use all the features that Procare offers. Procare has helped to set us up and trained myself and the staff to use the system. I recommend this to everyone in the child care industry.

Cons

I have never had anything to complain about or any difficult part of the program. When I don't know how to use a feature I send a message or call and they are very helpful to walk me through it.