Ryan L.

By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!

Reviewed on 3/2/2017

I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour.
Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits.
The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client.
The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team.
Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app!
*****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****

Pros

Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

Cons

The ONLY thing I wish they would update is the Workout Builder.. Offering buttons to more easily switch reps/time, type of workout (circuit, hiit, supersets). Also maybe a way to copy exercises if you are doing them more than once within a workout? Virtuagym has already confirmed they are working on updates. In the meantime I have been able to easily work around these by adding little notes within the specific workouts.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Ryan,

thank you so much for your feedback! Just reading this made us feel proud about the hard work we all put into creating not only a great product but also cater each client's specific needs.

As my colleagues have already confirmed, we are currently building a new version of the workout editor which will include many more different functions such as circuits and supersets.

All best,
Alkistis

Joost H.

VG can be big

Reviewed on 16/6/2016

I like VG because it offers it all. In the beginning the development went very fast, but lately I didn't see a lot of improvements. The small details make VG hard to work with. And also for training, I don't like it. It's to complex The supportservice is great and doing the best they can.
I hope the development will show some results in the next year.

Pros

Virtuagym tries to be a total sollution, and will be that. But for no it's "in progress".

Has a lot to offer.
The foodapp is great
Customer administrations is good, but need a lot of solvings
Roster app is great. Easy overview of groupsessons and PT.
Extra pay options are good.

Cons

Trainingsapp is to difficult to use. Takes to much time to search for excersises.
App is not ready for Ipad.
Customer administrations is not perfect, but for that goal it has to be perfect. It's so unhandy that you cannot undo your actions.
Coachingapp is not usable to coach. I want to get a sigh when it's my cliënts birthday, when they want or need contact with an instructor.
Taskapp is not easy to use.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Joost, thank you for your honest and elaborate feedback! We are very sorry to hear that you feel Virtuagym is not offering the things you need as a total package at this point. Lately we have focused a lot of attention on creating new option in our Financial part. For example, we now offer recurring online payments for the whole world! Next to that, we've had updates like iCal/Google Calendar connection with the scheduling app, scanning your POS items with a barcode scanner, more check-in options and in the next update you'll see we've been working hard on a Walkthrough system for new (and existing) customers! In the upcoming months, we expect to release more features regarding invoices, but also a new Schedule and of course the long awaited Workout Editor. We are still working on that, it's just a huge project! We'd love to have a call to talk about important things you feel are missing and how we could improve your experience. I will contact you later this week! Regards, Floor

Francesco G.

Virtuagym Review

Reviewed on 29/7/2020

I run about 20 clients online, 95% don't even live in my country. Would be a lot harder without the app.

Pros

Ease of use for me to get workouts to my clients directly on their phones.

Cons

I think its not that easy to get clients stats, pics on the App. I think trainer should be able to set reminders to clients and clientes get measurements and pics on their app that we can see easily when coaching.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Francesco,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Virtuagym!

We are thrilled to hear that you are making the most out of our coaching module by connecting with your clients at all times and helping them achieve their goals.

Your feedback and comments are highly appreciated, we understand there are some areas of improvement and commit to working on them to provide you with all the tools your business needs to continue driving success!

Remember you are welcome to contact us at all times by emailing our support team at [email protected] we'll be ready to expertly answer your questions and approach any requests you may have.

Your Virtuagym family!

Jessica B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Virtuagym- CFW

Reviewed on 6/3/2020

Overall the system is okay. The staff for Virtuagym when calling in should know how to answer every question when asked. The product could have an updated appeal to the server. Make reporting overall easier and have tutorials for learning all aspects of the system rather than having to schedule a meeting with a rep when they don’t know all of the answers to help which delays the process.

Pros

Different options members have with logging their information, easy manual check in process

Cons

Out dated, not being able to merge multiple favorites to one, active with a profile is misleading if the members have not completed the waiver for reporting, reporting features aren’t 100% helpful (shouldn’t have to export in order to run a report). With being with the company for a little over a year the system has went down a lot.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear, Jessica!

Thank you very much for sharing your input in regards to our services and solutions.

We are glad to hear that you've taken advantage of the data logging and manual check-in tools we have developed for our clients!

Your feedback about the merging options, reporting features, and system steadiness is very valuable to us.

We would love to have a conversation with you about the areas of opportunity previously mentioned, feel free to write us at [email protected] using the code JA24699 as the subject of the email.

Your Virtuagym Family.

Tracy Y.

Great product, terrible "contract terms"

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

After 15 months of using the system it is now more than I need and far too expensive given that I have downsized my operations. I have tried to cancel only to be told that because I was into a second term of the 12 month contract, and not provided notice within the month before renewal, basically "too bad - pay out your contract - that's what you agreed to over a year ago".
The sales guy explained to me on sign up that I was committed for one year... alarm bells should have sounded then...

When I asked where my renewal reminder was 3 months ago I was told they don't do those and that these are the terms I had agreed to. Even big end insurance companies are required to provide renewal notices! Most subscription services confident in their product give the ability to cancel your subscription at any time.

Pros

The product is great for a big end gym. I like the social media side of things in building a community.

Cons

As a personal trainer of a small business it has proved more than I need and far too expensive given our exchange rates.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Tracy,

Thank you so much for you feedback. We do indeed prolong contracts with 12 months, as stated in the terms and conditions. I am sorry to hear that according to you this has not been clearly communicated. If there is anything we can help you with then please contact us via [email protected]

Marshall W.

Improvements

Reviewed on 19/3/2020

Overall good experience but difficult to make payments.

Pros

Overall easy for clients to set-up and use.

Cons

For some exercises it would be nice to have a feature to record videos or be able to post live streams.

Response from Virtuagym

"Dear, Marshall

Thank you very much for Review!

We are happy to hear that you find the tools and solutions we have built for you easy to use.

Just to make sure you take complete advantage of our tools, let us share with you our current streaming options:

1. Here is a link on how to create a custom activity in which you can upload your own videos https://virtuagym.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201870881-Workouts-How-do-I-add-a-video-to-a-custom-activity-

2. We recently launched some other options for streaming and you can find further information here on both articles https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/explore-virtuagym-new-integrations-live-stream-on-zoom-youtube-google-hangouts/ and https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/live-streaming-via-your-virtuagym-community/

We hope you'll find this information useful for your business!

Best regards,

Your Virtuagym Family."

Janine M.

DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 25/1/2020

Dealing with virtuagym has been an absolute nightmare. If I could give it less than zero stars, I would.

Pros

The only positive thing about virtuagym is being able to put our company's circuits in the app for clients to use during open session. However, we were told that we'd be able to film and upload our own exercises and that has only worked once. I've spent HOURS editing and uploading videos only to have them not work. It's beyond frustrating. It took 3 weeks to hear back about this issue and all I received was "Currently, there is a bug that is affecting a few portals the same way and it is almost ready for deployment by our software developers." 6 weeks later and the videos still don't work.

Cons

Everything about this software is a joke. We've had countless issues dealing with them and little resolve. The biggest issue we've had is the "system" copying contracts and adding unpaid credits to client’s profiles. We've had over 130 credits applied which is over $10,000 worth of sessions. I work for a small business and if we hadn't noticed this, we would be out of business. We’ve had contracts ended and added by the “system” as well discounts being added or not removed. It takes days, sometimes weeks to hear back from anyone about anything. When they email asking if the “ticket” has been resolved and I say no, they close the ticket out and we never hear back from them regarding the issue. I’ve been asking for weeks to get a call with upper management for my boss to speak with someone and we finally got something worked out and the call was canceled and hour before it was supposed to happen. I would use extreme caution doing business with them. I was not a part of the company when we brought VirtuaGym on, but they must have a good sales team. However, that’s where it ends.

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Janine,

We are of course very sorry to hear that you have had such an unfortunate experience. When dealing with software technology it is impossible to avoid bugs, issues, and glitches even for large companies like Google, Apple, Netflix, and Facebook. That, of course, does not make it any better for you as a business and can take away precious time and occasionally money.
Unfortunately some fixes take time, more time than desirable and the support team do their best to answer client queries in response to the problems.

It seems that in your case, the situation was not handled to your satisfaction and we would be happy to discuss it with you in further detail. Please email us at [email protected] and put reference code AH34431 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!

Alexander S.

Amazing gym management software!!!

Reviewed on 15/3/2020

Everyone at Virtuagym is awesome! Prompt responses, great functionality (although slightly unintuitive sometimes), great pricing, fully featured... Everything I need for my 24 hr gym!!

Pros

I love everything about this software. Being able to sign up members online as well as in person, having people check in with the access control software and hardware, the fast response from support... Its all awesome!

Cons

The only things missing from this nearly perfect software are setting billing dates per client (specific days, weekly recurring), and a card reader for the POS system.

Response from Virtuagym

"Dear, Alexander

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym!

We are thrilled to hear such great input from you regarding those solutions such as Check-in, online sign-up, and all other tools that were built for our clients to have successful businesses!

We would love to hear more about the areas of functionality that you have found unintuitive. Your feedback is very valuable to us, please reach out to us via: [email protected] using the code JA37736 to discuss your suggestions further.

It is probably also a great time to mention that we are currently in the process of testing out a card reader with a few of our volunteer clients and as soon as we are confident in its seamless performance, we will be making it available to the rest of our clients.

Your Virtuagym Familiy"

Cole S.

A Great Tool

Reviewed on 20/3/2020

Pros

The ability to program workouts with a wide variety of movements archived in the system helps keep the workout creative for clients

Cons

The workouts I create become locked after a couple weeks, so I cannot go back use the same one for another client once it's locked

Response from Virtuagym

"Dear, Cole

We are glad to hear that our workout module has had such a great impact on your business!

Your feedback is very valuable to us, we would like to hear more about these inconveniences you've experienced with the workouts getting locked, as these should remain available to you! Please email us at [email protected] using the code JA22781 in the subject line.

We look forward to hearing from you, soon!

With warmest regards,

Your Virtuagym Family!"

Jim C.

Virtuagym Rocks

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Very positive

Pros

Ease of use in app. Support from the product is great

Cons

There isn't a con to using the product. The food logging portion is great!

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Jim,

We are delighted to read about your positive experience with us.

Our team is always striving toward keeping our customers satisfied, so it is very exciting to know that this has made such a difference for you.

Thank you for your confidence in choosing us. It is our pleasure to work with you!

Please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if we can be of further assistance.

The Virtuagym team.

Olga R.

Virtuagym for a small company

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Really good.

Pros

What I like the most from Virtuagym is that I can upload all my own exercises. It is easy to manage clients and create and assign exercise plans.

Our support contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always helpful and replies within ours for any query we have.

Cons

I feel there are some features missing, especially within the workout section. However I have sent my feedback to the support group. This was well accepted, so hopefully this will be improved.

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Olga,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review.

I am glad you find the Coach and the Manage modules that user-friendly, we work very hard to ensure we provide our customers with a very high-notch product, so we are very appreciative to know our efforts have been paying off.

Additionally, our consultants are dedicated to providing exceptional service and it truly means a lot to hear that our support team has made a difference for you.

Your feedback will be of course taken into consideration when deciding which features to add and improve in our system, as we are always open to our customers' ideas. Please do not hesitate to share your further thoughts by emailing us at [email protected] and we will make sure to pass them over to our developers.

The Virtuagym team.

Michell M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great app. Easy to use

Reviewed on 7/8/2020

It's been a good experience

Pros

Its easy to book my sessions. And I can cancel or reschedule.

Cons

I dont always get notifications. so sometimes I miss a session that may have came available.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Michell,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about Virtuagym!

We are glad to hear that you find our services easy to use when booking, canceling or rescheduling sessions.

We encourage you to continue providing as much feedback, ideas, and suggestions you can come up that will help us continue improving this system, built for you.

Remember to email us at any time to [email protected] we'll be ready to address your requests.

Your Virtuagym Family!

Narayan B.

Don't pay and demand a trail before hand

Reviewed on 18/7/2016

So at the beginning I ask repeatedly if I could trail the app before signing up for 12 months.
They never let me.
They did do an online presentation with me and I was very impressed with all the features that were shown it had everything I needed so I payed it lump at the start a few hundred pounds and started to use the software.
Straight away I realised it was such a bad mistake.
It's not at all finished there's so many problems with it, after a week I found a client feedback page and realised I wasn't the only one finding it a nightmare to use...
It's such a shame as they have thought of everything but it's not no where near ready yet and if you get your clients onto the software and the app your going to make yourself look incompetent.
I tried to get into but no joy I've just given up, can't waist anymore time with it.
The hardware is even worse the scales and the writs band "fitness tracker" beyond awful.

Beware of any software that doesn't let you test it before hand.
Maybe in a year or two this app will be worth paying for but I wouldn't even use it for free as it is, your just going to come across as unprofessional to your clients.

Pros

Customer service is fantastic to be fair.

Cons

Everything else unfortunately.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Narayan, thank you for your honest feedback! I'm very sorry to hear that our system is not what you wished for. We don't offer trials right now, because we have a fully onboarding process which has been very successful for our existing clients. We aim to be a complete all-in-one solution for fitness professionals, and as such are eager to hear clients' feedback so that we can make changes. Regarding the Feedback Group, please take into account that we have 3000 clients and those who are happily working with the system, do not post in those groups. I'm happy to hear that you are pleased with our customer support, but it's a shame to hear we couldn't wow you with our product. I see that you appreciate that we offer different features but since they seem to be not "complete" enough I would love to hear some more specific thoughts and suggestions you have for us. Being someone who has worked with the system, your insight would be the most valuable!Take care, Tasneem

Lina C.

What a nightmare

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

It’s been nothing but a headache and super frustrating.

Pros

Sounds cool with so many features, customer support is nice and helpful.

Cons

First of all t’s a pain to learn, it has all these features that instead of doing something right, they are all useless. Then since day one we had problems with it, creating embarrassing problems to our new members.
From it not allowing members to signed up online, to charging their cards and not showing in our system, to having to get a different P.O.S system when at purchasing the system I was told it was going to work just fine but it was again useless.
There are always issues I have to keep emailing support almost every week.
Not sure how long they have been around but it seems like they are always fixing issues and have many features in Beta that might or might not work.
On top you have to sign a 12 month agreement so you are pretty much stuck with them.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Lina,

We are glad that you had found our customer service to be of comfort while experiencing some issues with the system.

While Virtuagym has been around for 12 years, just as any daring and growing technology we do experience growing pains from time to time. But we never wish for it to impact our clients negatively.

We had taken your feedback seriously and will work on improving our customer experience to the highest level.

Thank You!

• Industry: Sports

Good tool to manage attendance of fitness classes

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Our dance school is using VirtuaGym to manage the attendance of our members in the classes. The system is easy to use and allow certain customization to fit to our corporate identity.

Pros

Very easy to understand and use. The system also allows certain customization which help us adjust teh app to the corporate identity of our fitness school.

Cons

Certain functionalities do not work properly and it is not easy to get grip on the support team.

Response from Virtuagym

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your insight about Virtuagym's services!

We're excited to hear that our tools have turned out to be easy to use and understand while customization and engageable with your members.

Our client success team is always ready and willing to assist when issues come along the way, we'd definitely like to hear more about the functionalities you mentioned could need our attention.

Please email all questions, concerns, and suggestions you may have for us, to [email protected]

Kind regards,

Caryn C.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Not bad admin side but client side is ok

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Overall it can be a useful app but it's a bit much for the options considering the other alternatives.

Pros

I like how easy it is for scheduling and the branded app options through the program. There's also the announcements which are helpful.

Cons

From the client user end, it's an ok presentation. Clients found it to be a bit wonky at times, and a little confusing to use at times. However, signing up for classes went well.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Caryn,

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your valuable feedback with us.

We are excited to read that you like the schedule module and the variety of application branding options we offer to our clients.

Also, we understand your point about the aspects of the application to improve on, and our development team works very hard to ensure we provide our clients with a high-quality product, so again, your feedback is very much appreciated.

Please feel free to reach out to us at any time at [email protected]

John H.
  • Industry: Sports

Good product to help clients when you are not with then

Reviewed on 9/9/2020

Pros

The demonstration videos for each exercise are accurate and easy to follow for all my clients

Cons

Some exercises are difficult to find when building a workout for my clients. Very rare but it has happened.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear John,

Thank you very much for providing us with your valuable opinion!

We are excited to hear that you find our system a useful tool when coaching your clients.

We are committed to improving our system and making your experience with Virtuagym better, so you can continue offering your services to your clients. Please feel free to share any suggestions and ideas you may have at [email protected]

We will make sure to share them with our developers!

Chris A.

Terrible, Dishonest Company

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

None, unless you count less money in the bank account as a benefit. I don't.

The software could be great with quite a few improvements, but it lacks much basic functionality such as automated billing.
- The sales people are slick tongued and can sell really well. They'll promise you whatever you want! (See Cons)

Cons

- As mentioned, they promise a lot and then don't deliver. If you ask about a feature they don't have, they'll assure you it "launches next month" or some such nonsense.

- Sales people sell a product they don't have by promising/"showing" features they don't have.

- They WILL charge you as long as they possibly can, even going so far as to change the names that appear on the credit card statement in order to circumvent account holds.

- They won't let you try the platform before committing. Their minimum contract is 12 months and the "cancellation" terms are to pay out the entire remaining contract even if you don't want to use the service.

- When you do try to cancel, they'll delay replying long enough to charge you at least one more time, then they'll try to make you jump through hoops with "cancellation paperwork" when the contract expressly states they accept cancellation via simple email.

- This company is a scam. Stay away!

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

We are sorry if you felt misled by our reps about the product as well as if the service did not satisfy your expectations.

It is not our intention to offer a product that works differently than promised, nor we do so with any feedback. The implementation of such ideas needs to undergo a complex development process and we usually do not promise to implement it very soon if it cannot happen. So again, we are sorry if you felt this way.

Same goes for the closing process, which needs to be carefully processed, especially if under circumstances such as a premature cancellation.

If you feel like providing us with further details, please feel free to do so by dropping an email at [email protected] and we'll be happy to think along with you over your specific feedback and ideas for improvement, in order to address them properly.

We are sorry for this situation and look forward to hearing from you.

The CS Team

Amber S.

Reviewed on 7/8/2020

Pros

Easy to use and manageable software easy to track my clients

Cons

It’s sometimes hard to bulk delete assigned workouts

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Amber,

Thank you for sharing your insights about the Virtuagym services!

It's awesome to read that you find our system easy to use and manage while tracking your clients throughout their fitness path.

We are open to feedback and suggestions, which is why your comments will be taken into consideration, if there's anything you can think of needs improvement don't hesitate on emailing us at [email protected]

All the best,

Your virtuagym Familiy!

Semaj W.

Great Product For Fitness

Reviewed on 29/7/2020

Overall, virtuagym is great and valuable to add to your fitness business.

Pros

Virtuagym has options to support online and brick & mortar fitness

Cons

My least favorite thing about this app is no ability to set daily task -

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Semaj,

We are very grateful for the time you took in writing your review!

It makes us proud to see that our system is helping you accomplish all your business goals and providing you with the tools you need to do so.

Your comments are important to us and we know there are many great ideas are clients can share with us, please don't hesitate on emailing those to our support team at [email protected] and we'll be glad to take a closer look at them.

Wishing you all best,

Your Virtuagym family!

Lina M.

Worst Customer Service Experience Ever

Reviewed on 26/2/2020

As you're looking to find online software to use for your business, avoid working with virtuagym. It does look nice and shiny, but their behavior has been pretty scammy. I've been going through a 2.5 week run-around with them trying to terminate my membership. The platform was not what I needed, which I recognized immediately and their customer service has kept me running in circles: not responding to my emails, I've hounded them on the phone and they've just listened to my complaints and then told me they didn't have the power to resolve. When I asked to speak with someone who could resolve, or to involve management, they made it clear that my request was "below management," but when I asked for them to resolve they told me, "management needs to approve first?" I've been trying to come to a resolution since February 10th. Their customer service is less than helpful or understanding - especially for the price.

Pros

The community feature is great - its like a facebook group but without having to be on facebook

Cons

The workout app - it's really basic and difficult to use. It is not designed to created legitimate programming for clients, more for one-off workouts. Especially difficult to use if you have your own exercise library

Response from Virtuagym

"Dear, Lina

Thank you very much for sharing your insight.

We appreciate your positive review on our Community module and are currently investigating what happened with the request you made of terminating the services, it is necessary to highlight that when there is a contract involved, processing these sort of petitions maybe not be as quick as you'd want to, given the business guidelines we need to follow.

Also, it is relevant to mention that we are continuously working on improving our tools, the workout module can now be modified and there is a way to create custom workouts with videos and more!

Thank you, again for your time in writing with detail everything that took place, your feedback means a lot.

With warmest regards,

Virtuagym, "

Rachel B.

Great software to help grow my business.

Reviewed on 1/5/2017

Easy use for my clients to track their progress and helps me interact with them virtually.

Pros

That is has challenges, badges, build in workout videos, and tracks your progress all from your phone!

Cons

That you can't create carb cycle meal plans and you can't save meal plan templates in the app for clients.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your nice feedback!

We appreciate the fact that you're loving our community features, that's a great stimulus for our work!

We are soon implementing our coaching functionalities and we're sure you'll like what we will come up with :) Wait for it!

Please remember that you can address all your questions over the service to [email protected] and we'll be happy to see how we can work on your specific needs.

Thanks again Rachel, and have a great one!

Best Regards,

Walter - CS Team

Brandi P.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 3/8/2020

Pros

Community boards and it was/is easy to add new members

Cons

Marketing has been difficult. Our older members have had a difficult time with the app.

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Brandi,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Virtuagym.

We are glad to hear that our community and engagement module has become such a great tool for you to connect with your members!

Our main goal is to continue improving while providing our clients with the most seamless and complete all in one solution package.

Your feedback will be definitely taken into consideration.

If you ever need assistance with the app usage and how to better brand it, we can always advise you as well. Please email us at any time to [email protected]

Your Virtuagym Family!

Billy J.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Worst possible outcome. Buyer beware!!

Reviewed on 27/7/2018

Pros

I never do these. But I feel it's my responsibility to help to prevent this type of business from perpetuating. I requested a demo after hearing a gent mention it at a conference I attended recently. During the demo, I was shown functions and features. Now I'm ASSUMING Miquel the salesman, said this software was a 12-month commitment but nevertheless I missed it. I clicked purchase and then realized the length of the commitment. I immediately displayed my concern. I emailed the salesman within minutes explaining i wasn't prepared to commit to some charges on a software I had yet to have seen in any length, much less use. He explained that it was essentially too late. damage was done. Now I'm no Einstien, but if I was to do something similar, using the same logic, to a customer at my gym, cops would be called. They take it and put it in the drawer. Something about the place tells you, "this just isnt for me." so you explain that to the gent behind the desk. And he keeps your money! I'd call the cops. I don't care about policies, that's immoral. We are way too connected these days for this kind of business to flourish. There are plenty of other training apps that don't do business like this, work just as well, and charge a 5th the price.

Cons

Where do I begin? The shady sell approach. The unethical operations. The lack of compassion.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Billy,

We are really sorry to hear about the process you had to go through. We will continue evaluation our own processes so this feedback is highly appreciated.

Wesley M.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Virtuagym is a costly program that doesn't have the functionality to work with our business.

Reviewed on 19/1/2018

Pros

The user interface is very aesthetically pleasing, especially the nutrition app. The training app exercise animation are pretty good as well.

Cons

Cost. Very expensive compared to others. You can't build workout programs for a period of time. For example, a 6 week strength training program with progressions in weight/reps/sets.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Wesley,

Thanks for the time you spent to review our product.

Although we're very happy about your compliments, we would like to apologise if you met some inconvenient with our product.

As you know, our goal is to design a service that fits goals&pockets of our clients, in order to let it be more an investment than an expense. We're sincerely sorry if this was not the very outcome of our professional relation.

We are also very curious to know more about your second query, as it is actually possible to build a progressive training program, basing this on the last progresses made by the client for each exercise within a workout plan.

If you're interested to have a further talk about it, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

In the meantime, we wish you the best of luck with your business.

Best,