Toggl Plan Reviews

Toggl Plan

Write a Review!
Helping teams plan their time and juggle lots of projects.

4.5/5
4.2/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

Kelly
  • Industry: Higher Education

Intuitive design, great value, and terrific customer support

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

We have implemented Teamweek to keep track of the many projects we take on. The format is easy for all to use and it's great to see everyone on one page. Beautiful interface, intuitive design, and ease of navigation make Teamweek the best project management application we've worked with!

Pros

Teamweek provides an intuitive interface that we find very helpful when viewing multiple projects for a 3-month period. Color-coding and project details are very handy when we have multiple people working on a similar project. The customer service is fast and truly helpful. You get a real live person! We LOVE Teamweek!

Cons

The only con is I wish you could see an entire year for a team that has 5 or less employees, but that's it!

Anita

Simple, but effective

Reviewed on 27/4/2020

There are a ton of project managers out there and I think I've tried just about all of them. As I noted earlier, it's just me and the clients I serve so I don't need a lot. But I do need an easy way to keep track of what I'm working on without feeling overwhelmed. Toggl Plan helps me stay focused on the "main thing" to get it done and move on to the next.

Pros

As a solo professional, I wear a lot of hats. This software will help you keep track of all of your "hats". It's simple - which means you can get up to speed quickly - and you can see what you need to do each day at a glance.

Cons

I wish this software had the ability to set up recurring tasks - and that it connected with Toggl's timer & invoicing app - but other than that I really can't think of anything else I'd want.

Stacy

I use Toggl to keep track of my work hours

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

Pros

It's fairly easy to use and keep track of several projects I work on during the day. Also the reports are nice.

Cons

Sometimes parts of the screen are hard to see and it seems a bit flaky or buggy. I sometimes need to click a few times to get my entry to take.

Thomas

A pretty great and unique looking app for tasks in a timeline

Reviewed on 17/6/2020

I personally use Toggl Plan only for managing myself (both for my job but also for my personal projects), and it is essentially a log tool more than a planning tool.
There aren't any specific reason to not use this app to its fullest, but the features suit my needs perfectly.
What I really appreciate with using Toggl Plan is that I can have a great overview of all the things I've done along the timeline - which is pretty motivating.

Pros

What I really appreciate with Toggl Plan is the way of displaying the tasks on a horizontal timeline. It sounds pretty simple, but haven't seen any other product proposing such ergonomy. And the UI/colors have always been pretty nice which make it really pleasant to use.

Cons

One issue I can think of with Toggl Plan (which is not that big) is the performances. On powerful enough computers it's smooth, but I often use it on a Windows tablet (Yoga Book v1) which is limited - however other web apps look smoother than Toggl Plan. Though, the timeline navigation is obvisouly heavy in DOM manipulation thus it's understandable.
And finally I would really like to have a "2 weeks" view : The "week" view is too large for having an overall view on the tasks, and the "month" view makes the tasks' titles too short to read.

Sandy

Toggle Plan - Easy and Simple - Serves the purpose

Reviewed on 30/4/2020

This product is the most simple and easy to use tool for planning my projects. I have used and tested a lot of different tools but TogglePan works the best.

Pros

The ease to add tasks and sharing feedback via comments works great. I really like the icebox feature to store everything that pops up in my mind and which i can always go back to, to see what my brainwaves have been.

Cons

I would like the DONE tasks to be out greyed together with the done icon.
The IN PROGRESS icon i do not like and i think that might be a more splashing colour.
The mobile app is still in the old TEAMWEEK version (which i have used for 3 years already), this should be transfered to Toggle Plan.
I do not like the horizontal week overview in the mobile app...i rather would like to see that in portrait.

Response from Toggl

Hey Sandy,

Thank you for your kind review! Our team is super happy to hear that you've found value in our product. We wanted to clarify a few things brought up in your review.

You're right, when you mark a task as "Done" and it fades, the icon still keeps its original appearance. However, there's a workaround if you prefer not to see the emojis you can change or remove the emojis in Plan Board views (just click on the emoji icons in column headers). Same applies to the "In-progress" icon these can be changed.

Regarding the mobile app, we're currently in the process of hiring a dedicated mobile person to bring the app up to date with the many changes our tool has gone through.

Hope this helps!

Laxmy
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Extremely good product! Really glad that I came across it.

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

Pros

Ease of use, look and feel of the product and the functionalities available, makes this product value for money. The timeline view is super impressive and it really helps me get a real time view on what each one of my team is working on.

My review will be highly incomplete without mentioning the quick support I got from the Helpdesk team especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. They were prompt with their responses and went to the bottom of issues to help me resolve them.

Cons

I won't say that I have any least favorite features. I would rather mention that ones that would be a good to have.

Would like to see the Board view live which is being tested at the moment. It would be highly helpful to add reminder emails for set tasks and not all. Would be good to be able to add dependencies on items and also be able to assign more than one person for the same task.

Response from Toggl

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience!
I wanted to clarify one thing mentioned it is already possible to assign more than one person for the same task in Toggl Plan. You can do it in the task pop-up by simply adding as many names as needed to the same task. Hope this helps! :)

Daniel
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Simple and Favorite time keeping app!

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

Pros

I love toggl. It's so focused on what it's meant to be; a time tracking app. I've tried a number of apps like this and they all require a lot of clicks or taps to get it started. This one is simple and had the least number of steps to start tracking. The mobile app is just like the website so there's no trouble in using either platform. It just simply works and helps track the work.

Cons

One feature wish is that it would track what programs you use. I've seen some productivity apps that track what apps or programs you are using and for how long, having this and a project timer would be ideal for tracking not only how long you are working on something but also which programs you have to use most in project.

Miguel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Solid time tracking for individuals and enterprise environments

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Toggle does have it right and if your business is more about tracking time for billing purposes, this might very well be the tool you need. It is not overkill and it provides everything you need for billing purposes. It goes that extra mile with reporting mechanisms that provide visibility into your business profitability. And it goes beyond tracking a project but, rather, tracking your entire portfolio and teams.

Pros

Toggl offers a solution for individuals, small business and enterprise environments, alike. It provides visibility at an individual level, as well as an overal team level. If provides the time tracking of a project with the overview of a program. Toggl also offers an extensive list of reporting mechanisms that extend beyond the traditional number of hours per project. With advanced features like the ability to identify profitability across one or more projects, Toggl can actually become a project management tool in environments practicing a Kanban or Lean Agile approach.

Cons

The subscriptions might not necessarily provide the specific features you seek in their breakdown. Chances are that depending on your business size, you might find that going from one level to the other may or may not offer exactly what you need and give you more than you really desire. In other words, you might need to jump to the next subscription level for that one and only feature you need, and not necessarily all you are paying for.

Luis

THIS SOFTWARE IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY EVERYTHING IS BETTER IN MY LIFE

Reviewed on 8/6/2020

In toggl I find my focus is the place were i task every Teamworks and is the place were i put all the thinks and thinking's I consider fundamental for the success of the department and is the place were my bosses could now at I am doing and what I'm going for

Pros

The simplicity of use and and the way I can assure those tasks for my colleagues the Wonder the timeline and I can't could see the different areas of the my plans
In the past I try different softwares of them same a area toggl plan is definitely the best one

Cons

I don't like i can't change the color when I text in the rain the software is like right in different colors and not only in black color iken detecting bold overline under line if then not connect change text color and like a lot if I can do that simple thing

Laura
  • Industry: Design

Great visual tool

Reviewed on 17/6/2020

Visual planning makes really sense in my visual business. It really gives me a sense of how much work a project is. The design of Toggl is really well done, and this makes it fun to work with.

Pros

The tool shows a clear timeline with all my projects. It's a super nice interface with all projects visualized on the calendar. I love the colors, design, and usability.

Cons

The only thing I didn't find yet is the option for repetitional events to set up like in paying days or monthly occurring events. My iPhone calendar has this function and I miss that in Toggl. But it might be in the paid version, I'm currently using the free version. Which is very nice by the way! So many options!

Šarūnas
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great way to plan projects

Reviewed on 20/4/2020

I had problems with planning workloads. Toggl Plan let me see our current situation and workload on each employee, and then better plan ahead.

Pros

I was looking for similar product for a while. It's easy to use, has all the features I need and, of course, looks great.

Cons

I havent't tested it that much. But I also use Toggl timer, and if I could merge the info on both of them it would be great! Now I just have to put projects in both of these apps and use one for tracking time we work on a project, and other for planning our workloads.

Mark
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The daily schedule

Reviewed on 24/6/2020

I only use Toggl currently for the day to day operations. I load PDF's and text content.

Pros

This application is web-based and very easy to set up and manage. It allows management to easily add new users and schedule resources very quickly. Editing is super simply by clicking and dragging. If there is an issue and you contact the support staff they normally reply within 60 minutes. They are very helpful and are always looking for innovative ways to make the product better. I give them an A Plus!!

Cons

The only thing that I feel is a problem is when add several team members to one project and if you delete the placeholder they all are deleted. It would be nice it would not delete everyone that is on the project.

James

Mobile Apps? Music to my ears!

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

We absolutely love this app besides the pricing issues. It works very well, and it gives us all of the features we need. This app is worth the money just for the mobile apps.

Pros

Obviously, one of the best aspects of this program are that there are available apps for Android and Apple. This is very handy, as most of our work is done on-site rather than just sitting at the desk. We used to have our employees turn in an email that said their hours, but now we are using this program, and it’s much more accurate.

Cons

The pricing can get a bit complicated with the subscription service. It can be a pain when you need all the features of one tier and just one feature from the next tier but don’t want the rest of the features. It seems like it might be a little bit of a waste at that point.

Lauren

Perfect tool for independent contractors to log time on multiple projects/clients

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Would love a timebox or pomodoro timer element added to help drive productivity.

Pros

Easy to organize and log time for multiple clients and projects. Automatically groups hours according to client/project and color codes. Easy to report hours by client and/or project to multiple file formats (PDF, csv, etc) and at different levels of detail. Easy to edit dates/times when necessary. Mobile app is perfect for keeping time on-the-go.

Cons

Unable to customize the columns that are reported, so requires me to manually remove unwanted columns when formatting reporting for employers.

Algirdas

Great time tracker

Reviewed on 19/4/2020

It was good. Did not experience many problems. But the ones I did experience were fixed fast. Easy to use

Pros

It was nice that I was able to track time of all my different projects. I have been using this to track how much time I was working on each project. And was happy that I was able to do so. Also it is nice that I can see a whole history of time tracked

Cons

APP could be better. I had trouble finding all functionalities on app that are on the web. Gganted I was using it before their newest app version

Eddy

Toggl helps us planning resources better

Reviewed on 17/6/2020

The ease of use and the extra insight you get with toggle about our planning is really nice.

Pros

We use toggl to help us plan resources in a sprint (our teammembers -- who will pick up which story and when)
With toggl we can better plan who will do what in a sprint so that we can be more transparant with our planning -- will we make the sprint or not? -- on a daily basis.

Cons

Our sprint lasts 2 weeks, but the view does not have that option, it is 1 week or a month.

Alexa

Time Tracking Made Easy

Reviewed on 3/1/2018

Pros

Toggl is an amazing program for time tracking. As a freelancer, I often need to track my time on individual tasks and projects. Toggl was a great choice for me personally. I love the ability to add multiple projects (clients) as well as subtasks to track. Using Toggl has made it so much easier to have an accurate representation of how much time it actually takes for each project.

Cons

Like any time-tracking device, it is easy to forget to turn off the timer when you've finished a task. With the desktop app, I've found it easier to monitor when the app is tracking as opposed to using the browser version.

Brent
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

My Team

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Many people going in many different directions, doing many different things. This was the easiest way to stay on top of who is doing what/where.

Pros

How easy it is to quickly review where each team member is, with a high level view of what they are working on.

Cons

There are times when I will click, my view will change form seeing the team to seeing a single individual and I've not figured out how to easily get back to seeing the team view.

Jamie
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great trackr- works quickly and reliably

Reviewed on 5/7/2018

Pros

Easy to use web app or phone app. Quick to add tags and run reports, and even if the app crashes- which admittedly it does more often than I'd like- it restarts quickly and without ANY loss of data- including current time-keeping

Cons

The reports in pdf form look great and contain useful data; the Excel forms are lacking in that. I often have to use both- ERxcel for the editable numbers and the pdf for the additional details. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if the Excel form contained the same categories and information as the pdf.

Nathon

Toggl for Small Projects

Reviewed on 15/3/2018

Toggl works great for us right now with the size of our business and the complexity of our projects. It is definitely good for small businesses with smaller projects.

Pros

Toggl is a very easy tool to use and the UI feels pretty modern which I like. You also get a pretty good value for you money.

Cons

It does lack some features that I feel could make it way better. The main pain point we have is on the reporting side. It would be great if we could easily run a detailed report for all the time entries on a project. You can do this, however, you have to manually select the dates and in order to do that you have to know exactly when the project started and ended. It would be better if you could simply just select all time or something like that.

Joseph

Great Time Management Software

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Pros

It's super easy to use and can be mastered within a couple hours. Great for tracking a teams project workload and task completion.

Cons

The only downside to it being so simple to use, navigate and master is the fact that it seriously limits what all your allowed to do on it. To improve this, it needs alot more functionality.

Lynn

Great tool to track time from almost anywhere

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Pros

Web plugin lets you track time from anywhere (including your email). A very nice user interface. You can easily tag entries by project or company.

Cons

The only negative is not being able to tie time to a specific task so that you can analyze estimated vs actual time spent on a task.

Stacey
  • Industry: Design

Love Teamweek

Reviewed on 8/6/2019

Very positive experience using Teamweek.

Very positive experience using Teamweek.

Pros

I love Teamweek! It is a great project management tool. I love having an easy overview of all my current projects and their due dates.

Cons

I wish the time wasn’t in military time. That’s my only complaint.

Allie

Toggl Plan is great!

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Pros

The thing I like most about toggl plan is how visual it is and incredibly simple to use. I use it for overall planning and coordinating high level efforts of our team overtime, but with their recent upgrades and updates, it could also be used for detailed workflows and other day to day tasks.

Cons

For a long time I was using Toggl as a standalone tool, not integrating it with any others. But now that they have improved their integrations and also added the board style views, I will probably change the way I use it.

Isabella
Isabella

Handy weekly planning

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

It's easy to understand what me and my colleagues are supposed to do during a working week.

Pros

Easy to use and clear schedule for weekly planning

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Teamweek