TherapyNotes, LLC Reviews

TherapyNotes, LLC

Write a Review!
Online mental health EMR and practice management software.

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
4.8/5

Above & Beyond!!

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

TherapyNotes has the most outstanding customer service of Any company in which I've ever conducted business. Each time I call them they respond within 1-2 hours with a Solution to my inquiry. When I have certain requests pertaining to my practice or TN account, they willingly and generously support my concerns and do whatever it takes to work with me so that my practice succeeds.

I could go on and on with this answer but simply put, I'm so grateful I "stumbled" upon this company and EHR softward progam because I've had ZERO issues with them at all and would highly recommend them to any person seeking a new documentation system!

Pros

TherapyNotes EHR is an outstanding software for my private counseling practice. It's ease of use and ample "help" section makes it simple for me to learn anything I have questions about --most of the time without even needing to call them. I've been a customer since 2016 and have only positive feedback to give. Use the free-trial offer. I did and have no regrets.

Cons

Regarding TherapyNotes, there are only 2 things that cross my mind now and then.

1) I'd like for them to develop a mobile app. I mentioned this to them and they were very receptive stating they were in the process of doing so. I'm looking forward to that!

2) I'd LOVE if TN created Intake forms that could be tailored to individual practices (i.e. insert company name here) If demographic, consent, HIPPA, cancellation, etc. forms were incorporated into the program and could be easily send to new clients through the patient portal , it would save me a ton of time and allow me to concentrate on providing therapy rather than on the necessary paperwork that is required.

Deborah

TherapyNotes is Great

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Everything is great with TherapyNotes.

Everything is great with TherapyNotes.

Pros

TherapyNotes provides everything I need for EHR management, billing, and telehealth. Their customer service is excellent. You may have to wait a bit on the phone, but the wait time has been short and the customer service/provider services representatives are knowledgeable, patient, understandable, and will remain on the call for as long as you need. The monthly price is very reasonable and lower than some other EHR services i researched.

Cons

There is no provision for couples, families, or groups using different devices for telehealth. I have to use another telehealth provider for these sessions.

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Ease of use, customer/provider service, and cost.
Marcia

TherapyNotes is strong overall but has numerous problems it hasn't addressed since its...

Reviewed on 7/3/2021

I wish I had started with a different program. I am not satisfied. I am not all that computer literate and just want something that gets the job done, and I'm too entrenched (and lazy?) to go to something else like SimplePractice.

One more complaint: I have been a psychologist for over 25 years. I don't need the condescending ways that TherapyNotes literally PREVENTS YOU from, rather than cautions you about, doing certain notes out of order. Cautioning is a superb idea. We all get sloppy. Preventing is something altogether different. If I got a lecture (which I did) from someone who received their clinical psych PhD from my alma mater,UCLA, I might not be offended by the condescending tone I received when the woman informed me about the "golden thread" for conceptualizing clients. There was no "we chose to...." They are RIGHT.

And another: you can enter a considerable amount of information, especially in billing, and then be told it can't be stored because it isn't properly allocated, or whatever. Can't they store it and flag it so you can return? I've wasted a lot of time here. There's no way to know in advance that you'll lose the information until you go to save it.

Pros

I like the electronic billing feature and the fact that it receives and allows recording of Electronic Remittance Advice from payers; the scheduling feature; ease of entering initial billing information from electronic ERAs (though there are other huge problems with billing); some aspects of the notes section; customer support by phone (but not via email); hours available for phone support, including weekend; other areas I'm not thinking of at the moment. Even though I can't recommend it, I do think it has many strengths.

Cons

(1) The billing area has countless flaws that my husband, a software developer on Mac and Windows for nearly 40 years, has called to their attention to no avail. When I note these weaknesses, they sound like it's the first time they've heard about it and "pass it on to their team." If you work with Medicare clients or clients who rely on two insurers, watch out. Most Medicare patients have secondary insurance that does not show up in the billing area so that you basically have to use a cumbersome process to enter secondary payment, and it's not immediately clear who paid what, as payments by each don't show up side-by-side in Billing, each associated with the proper payer. If you aren't a provider for the secondary, you have to use a "trick" to enter it. It is not intuitive overall. (2) While phone support is good, email is poor. I write in thorough explanation of the problem so that it can be solved in one go. Most times I write to them, I get a condescending first response that blows me off and requires another complex email essentially conveying the same information. (3) There is no manual. They've been in business too long for this. (4) The articles don't cover enough. For example, I entered "set place of service." Sounds easy, but no hits. (5) They put a lot of resources into tele-therapy when the pandemic hit, which appeared to divert programmers. They make lots of money; why not hire more?

Response from TherapyNotes, LLC

Thanks for your feedback. We'll be reaching out directly, particularly so we can clarify what billing issues you're seeing.

1. We're unaware of what flaws you're referring to but, hope to learn more. We do have some improvements coming out soon to improve secondary insurance, so hopefully this will address your concern.
2. We will look into why you received poor email support. The people that answer email are the same people that provide stellar phone support.
3. We have no plans to have a printed manual. The Help Center (support.therapynotes.com) is our digital manual.
4. If you can't find your answers in the help center, please call for support and we'll help out. We are readily available. I agree there's an opportunity to add more content.
5. We didn't divert anyone to work on telehealth. There are 6 development teams, one of which was already working on Telehealth. We are always hiring more developers.

Denise

Just what I need for my practice

Reviewed on 14/5/2024

Excellent. They have been very communitive and proactive during the recent cyber-attack that health care providers experienced across the nation the past few months.

Pros

As a new business establishing from the ground up. I have found that therapy notes is very user friendly even for those with mediocre technology knowledge.

Cons

Would like TX plan templates to be a part of the platform.

Kailey
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

#1 Mental Health EHR

Reviewed on 3/1/2024

Pros

Reliable, Secure, Comprehensive, and always adding new features. The Customer Service is the best I have ever experienced with any company ever! Wouldn't ever go anywhere else!

Cons

None, everything with TN is great! No complaints!

Sessions Health and SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Customer Service accessibility and usefulness, comprehensive feature set
Farzaneh
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Best software there is in the market

Reviewed on 28/1/2024

I am very happy with how this software makes my work easier and how fast I complete my notes and get paid quickly on top of it!

Pros

Overall quality with the software and support team

Cons

Cannot think of any at this point in time

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Best software to use for electronic billing , scheduling, amazing client portal access!
Claudia

Therapy Notes Review

Reviewed on 23/1/2024

Therapy Notes has been invaluable to me in helping setting up and running my administrator’s therapy business. We are almost a year in business and we wouldn’t have been able to succeed without Therapy Notes.

Pros

The support staff is amazing. They are always friendly and extremely capable. They are also available 24/7.

Cons

I haven’t found anything I don’t like about Therapy Notes.

David

Excellent software.

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

Pros

Excellent customer service. They're constantly adding features. Reasonable priced for all that it does (notes, claims, payments, scheduling, etc.)

Cons

Nothing to dislike. They've been incredibly helpful and have wonderful technical support.

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

TherapyNotes has better pricing (which hasn't changed in years!), amazing support, and all the features I need in a small private practice.
Randy

Amazing Support

Reviewed on 6/2/2024

TN has been a deal from the free trial to start, to options for subscribing a growing business, and to interfacing with my clients.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] provided fantastic support. He was knowledgable and provided solutions that resolved my issue immediately.

Cons

I wish they offered a mobile application to access TN.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

I am moving from a group practice to a sole-proprietorship.

CarePaths EHR

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

My new mentor uses TN so it made more sense to use what they use for training.
Jodie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

It is a good day when your notes are done.

Reviewed on 4/2/2024

Great. I can do what I need to do with it. I can even offer teletherapy from with in it and it seems to work sufficiently.

Pros

It is a good system and easy to use and does what I need it to do.

Cons

I would like to be able to have more customs ability to color code things.

Tammy

Therapy Notes makes billing a Breeze

Reviewed on 10/6/2021

Therapy Notes made my transition from group practice to private solo practice effortless. They imported my client contact list and populated the demographic info in 1 easy step. They do all the billing from submission to payment with a simple click of a button from me. They provide friendly telephone access to knowledgeable support techniques late evening hours and weekends. They follow up each support call with an email explaining all steps they took during the call and instructions for me to complete any details that may need follow through from me. They make business management a breeze which is saying a lot coming from a completely uninformed therapist like myself. Thank you Therapy Notes😊

Pros

I love the ease of use and practical applications Therapy Notes provides. They do ALL the billing work from submission to payment and they provide telephone access to technicians after hours and weekends.

Cons

I love everything about Therapy Notes. I have zero complaints.

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Easy to use and understand tools which frees me to do what I do best - provide counseling services to my clients. Therapy Notes provides telephone contact with Fast, Friendly, and Efficient Support Staff!!!

Response from TherapyNotes, LLC

Thank you Tammy for the glowing review!

LaTania

Always Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 3/1/2022

My experience is phenomenal, please keep up the great work!!!

My experience is phenomenal, please keep up the great work!!!

Pros

I am so happy to report that this year I do not have to update my paperwork and load it into Therapy Notes. Yayyyy!!! TN has recently updated the library to include everything that I need as a clinician. This makes me very happy.
Every time that I call they are always friendly and helpful. They know exactly how to help me and they never make me feel bad about not knowing how to navigate some areas within TN. They always follow up with an email to explain the process that they just showed me. I am very pleased with TN. I have used other EHR's and I love this one the best. It's not too simple and not too difficult to navigate. Keep up the great work.

Cons

Initially, it was the paperwork issue where I had to make my paperwork web-friendly so that my clients could complete it online, but now that this is no longer a problem I have no cons with TNs.

TheraNest

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

I did not like the look. It was a little too simple for me.

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

I used it while working at another agency, and I didn't want to try to relearn it. It was a bit too much to learn on top of everything else that I had to learn at that time.
Jennifer

Awesome Customer Service

Reviewed on 30/1/2022

This is the best software I have found for my private practice. It is priceless to me to be able to reach customer service by phone rather than by chat or an "online ticket". The billing aspect of the software is easier to use than the software I used previously. The only thing I would like to see improved is the addition of different notes and treatment plan templates, or at least ones that are more customizable.

Pros

Easier to get up and running than comparable EHRs, great customer service that is easy to reach by phone, easy to navigate

Cons

No variety of notes and treatment plan templates

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Cost was less with Therapy Notes overall, and billing was easier.

TherapyAppointment

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Primarily because customer service was more accessible and responsive. Also, cost was slightly less for what I use it for, and setting up the electronic billing feature was easier.
Kaye
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Worth it! A few changes would make TherapyNotes the perfect mental health EMR!

Reviewed on 24/7/2023

Pros

Excellent and quick telephone customer service with an expansive hours of operation, ease of insurance billing, simple design that is easy to follow, comprehensive and accurate to-do list, large selection of detailed online help/support pages. TherapyNotes is also proactive with updating their software on a regular basis.

Cons

When registering a new client, they are only granted TherapyPortal Access for seven days. This has proven to be an issue numerous times when the client needed to contact me to resend their link to access the portal. Also, it is a major inconvenience that clients cannot reset their own passwords on the portal. Clients must contact an administrator in order to reset their own password; there is no reason this should be the case. When using a Telehealth session, there is a pop up that appears stating the connection is poor even when it is not; this can be distracting. For the Calendar view, I would prefer that I can see my entire day on one screen without scrolling. Sometimes there is excessive clicking; I dislike that there is no one-click option to charge all/multiple copays for all clients at the end of the day.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Complicated and messy billing issues with SimplePractice.

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Recommended by a former colleague.
Jinnifer

Grateful for this product

Reviewed on 12/3/2021

TherapyNotes has been a win/win/win move!

TherapyNotes has been a win/win/win move!

Pros

I changed to this software mostly because they had an actual number you could call for tech support. I am a therapist and I have little time between clients, am not a tech savvy person, and have lots to think about, so it was very difficult to ask a question by chat and wait 2 or 3 days for an answer that might or might not apply. Also the software we were using kept upping the cost and this was more supportive plus less expensive. After I began the free trial, I found the note set-up was more helpful and it was easier to complete my notes in each session without taking away from the session. This saved me about 2-3 hours a day and an releaved a tremendous amount of stress. A new feature of this software is accountability and it will not let you submit a claim until your notes are complete. This has been helpful with reminders and a to-do list to keep me on track. My assistant loves the ease of billing!

Cons

Payor set up was a little challenging. We needed more explanation.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Lack of support that met our needs

TheraNest

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

The telephone number that provided a person that could help with unusual issues, at that moment.

Response from TherapyNotes, LLC

Thank you for your kind words!

Tammi

OUTSTANDING SOFTWARE AND FRIENDLY STAFF

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

We have been in business since 2011. We started with Therapy Notes and as we grew we changed and went to another software, Big Mistake, we returned to Therapy Notes. We continued to grow and had our billing service contracted out, we had to change software to accommodate the billing company. Another BIG Mistake, not on the billing company just on software, we released the company and returned to Therapy Notes, we will not be moving again......We are pleased with therapy notes and the billing.

Pros

Billing is so easy and it gives you billing at your finger tips, it is user friendly and the staff is awesome on assisting if you are not sure how to utilize all the features.

Cons

the billing notes and rejection of claims, are a bit unfriendly. It is hard for me to keep up with who has not paid.

On the initial assessment when audit, it lacks the auditors need. We are in NC and the initial assessment require different things than on the psychotherapy intake note.

Monique

So Grateful for TherapyNotes

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

I feel so supported by their customer care team! They are almost always available and help me with difficult questions. But the software itself is so intuitive you could figure most features out on your own...and trust me, I am not that great at technology.

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive! The documentation options are current and has everything I need. The customer service is second to none! I am doing my own billing after never having billed on my own before, saving me $1,000's of dollars per year! I can sync my calendar with my personal calendar. The price is perfect for me!

Cons

I have not yet found any features that I do not like, other than wishing I could add my own "to do" items on my calendar. Maybe I can, and I just haven't discovered how to yet.

Nicole

TherapyNotes 2021

Reviewed on 8/2/2021

TherapyNotes is an effective EMR solution for my daily operations as a private practice owner and clinician.

Pros

Fillable content for therapy intakes, progress notes, treatment plans, etc and it makes charting completion a breeze! I also LOVE the calendar schedule and have it on my phone.

Cons

It would be great if intake forms were fillable for clients. I have to pay a separate fee with Adobe in order for clients to be able to complete forms such as HIPAA, intake, office policies. There is also no app.

Reasons for Switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

I had already been using TherapyNotes for a few years, and there were no uploaded templates in SimplePractice. Switching over to Simple Practice would be time consuming and burdensome. In regards to TheraNest, it was too expensive.

Response from TherapyNotes, LLC

Thank you for the awesome review. We are working on more features for the portal. I think you'll be very pleased!

Beyond Outstanding!

Reviewed on 2/9/2019

A+++++

A+++++
EXCEPTIONAL, FAST AND ACCOMMODATING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM A COMPANY I FEEL IS A TRUE TEAM WHO UNDERSTANDS ME AS A PROFESSIONAL (AND HUMAN BEING) AND THEY ARE ALWAYS, ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP ME IF A HARDSHIP ARISES AND WILL HONOR THAT EACH TIME BY HELPING ME OR ANYONE ELSE (as long as it doesn't become a continuous habit). They're truly amazing. I LOVE this company!

Pros

Therapy Notes (as an organization) provides optimal, timely, friendly & solution-focused customer service for any need I've called about. They are EXTREMELY UNDERSTANDING if you experience a Hardship of Financial setback (I was diagnosed with Lupus) and will do ALL it takes to accommodating your needs to help get you back on track.

Their software interace is extremey user-friendly (setting up your initial account, inputting new client information, scheduling (including a partient portal which assists clients in schedule their own appointment REQUESTS, automated email appt reminders, exceptional clinical documentation, SIMPLE billing practices to submit claims and receive ERA's (with one-click "posting" to various client accounts who are included on the same return ERA.)

Payment processing has Several options (my favorite is "Submitted Payment through an External Account/Debit) because most of my client prefer quick POS payment processing for matters such as paying their per session Co-Pays.

ETHICAL: Providers are blocked from submitted claims for processing until the corresponding clinical note has been signed. No way around this. Therefore, IF a provider wants reimbursement for services provided, they MUST be compliant and have signed and submitted their clinical documentation.

Providers are able to change the settings of the program....but Not that ONE requirement for liability purposes of course.

Seriously, Beyond Outstanding!

Cons

I'd say the ONE thing that makes it Exceptional::: LOL:::: The program forces providers to complete their clinical documentation within 24-48 hours. Unless you do so, the system blocks your ability to "bill" (and get paid!!) Ugh (but it's a good thing!)

I wish they'd develop an APP. I've been asking them for almost 4 years, yet they don't have one? Despite making several other changes to their system (i.e. blogging). They're such an advanced, in-tune, intelligent team of "younger" professionals, it's actually a bit mind-blowing for me that there hasn't been an APP created to support their "mobile consumers".... I feel they could POTENTIALLY be losing lots of business potential by neglecting to make this a priority (knowing that most of their main competitors do function via Apps and their lack of developing one decreases their "attractiveness" over to a company who uses an APP, DESPITE that TN is Superior in every other way!

Response from TherapyNotes, LLC

Thank you Katie for the A+++++ review! Yes we do require notes before you can submit claims, but to be clear there is no "24-48 hour" requirement. You can do your notes whenever you want, as long as you do it before you bill.

We haven't prioritized an app because we have so much else we want to accomplish. Plus, you CAN use TherapyNotes on your mobile device in your web browser, and you can push your appointments to your smart phone's mobile calendar. Please check the knowledgebase for instructions on how to do that.

Thanks again! :)

Jennifer

My Love/Hate Relationship with This Software

Reviewed on 17/5/2020

As a therapist, sometimes I feel like being with TN is akin to staying in a bad relationship. They don't actually promise anything but I keep staying because I keep hoping/believing they're going to come through one day and offer these features (i.e. fillable client intake forms that transfer the data into my intake note, a mobile app, and a two-way calendar). TN is also charging the same amount of money or in some cases more money as other EHRs that do offer these simplistic features. One good thing is that they did lower the price by $10 per month for solo practices, but I am already paying $79 per month for myself and one intern. That price will increase by $20 per month for every intern I supervise, and I currently have ten prospective interns waiting in the wings. You do the math.

Pros

The good: First, TherapyNotes has outstanding customer service. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and able to troubleshoot issues within minutes after I've wrestled for hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Secondly, ease of billing. I have been with this service since 2015 and I've tried about four other EHR products, but I keep coming back to TN because of the ease of billing. All you have to do is input the client's insurance information and once you complete a note, you just press a button and the claim is sent out. With other EHRs, I still had to fill out my own claim forms, which I didn't know how to do. Because TN makes it so simple, I have decided to stay with them. Getting paid is pretty important, so I suppose this would be the single greatest value for me as far as this software is concerned.

Cons

The bad: They consistently refuse to provide the simplest of features requested by their users. I am intentionally using the word "refuse" because it is clearly a choice made by TN. I asked TN in September 2016 if they would EVER implement an electronic intake form. TN told me they were "working on it" and gave me an estimate of December 2016. It actually didn't happen until several months later, and when they finally revealed it, it was so disappointing. All they did was give us the ability to upload a form to the portal so a patient could download it, fill it out, and then upload it back. This means I still have to go through the time consuming task of manually typing everything the client wrote into the intake form on my end. When TN released this feature, they were so excited, as if it were the most amazing feature they've ever rolled out, completely oblivious to the fact that this "feature" is not much different from me emailing my intake form to a client. Apparently TN thinks it's still 2003. Several users left comments on the announcement post telling TN this is NOT what we were waiting for. As of May 2020, we are still waiting.
TN also doesn't have a mobile app, while most other EHRs do. As someone else stated, there is no two-way calendar integration. I'd also like to see a way for me to document supervision meetings with my interns. Right now I have to create a separate client account for each of my interns to keep track of supervision meetings.

Response from TherapyNotes, LLC

Thank you for the review, Jennifer. We have a team of full-time developers working on TherapyNotes, and we are adding new features and improvements as quickly as we can, and the portal has been of significant priority. In addition to the Patient Information Form, we recently released the Patient Contact Form, and more forms and portal features are in development now. It is certainly not a matter of us refusing to add features, it's just a matter of getting to everything we want to accomplish.

Beza

Overall Experience with TherapyNotes

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

I have also been impressed with the quality of the customer service with the support staff agent. The agent that assisted me one evening in particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was knowledgeable, friendly, and prompt in resolving my issues that had stalled my work previously. Much appreciated and will highly recommend!

Pros

TherapyNotes was relatively easy to use after practicing some changes when crossing over from a different EHR (Theranest). After a month of practice, I found the documentation was relatively easy for daily progress notes and the psychosocial intake components.

I particularly liked the intake section where it divides the areas of psychosocial with the specific questioner. Another plus is scheduling ease; TherapyNotes allows me to schedule my client on a monthly basis on a specific day rather than requiring manual entry from my previous EHR system. It also provides me with the option of system reminders via email and or text message depending on the client's preference.

Lastly, from an audit standpoint, it appears TherapyNotes do not allow preliminary license holders such as LGPC, LGSW, etc.. from entering individual notes on new clients without the clinical supervisor approving/signing off on the treatment plan first. Also, TherapyNotes requires a clinician to document a treatment plan on the second visit following the initial intake prior to clearing the clinician from entering a progress note. I have also been informed billing insurance providers can only transpire after all entered notes for the service date has been signed off. The above-mentioned requirements from Therapynotes do quality control for audit and ethical purposes for practice holders.

Cons

The one thing I do find problematic with Therapynotes is the treatment plan section. The document allows the clinical to enter the approximate length of treatment however it does not allow for a clinical to set a review date (of 30, 60, or 90 days). This technically means Therappnotes does not generate a reminder for a clinical to review a treatment plan and resolve, complete, and or change with a selected review date in mind. That has been a rather frustrating experience and can possibly lead to audit issues.

Response from TherapyNotes, LLC

Thank you for the glowing review! Actually, you can set the treatment plan review reminders! Visit The To-Do List Settings page. The default is 90 days, but you can adjust this value for your needs. Enjoy!

Bethany

TherapyNotes- A revolution in Behavioral Health Billing and EHR

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

Submitting claims for the entire day of work takes anywhere between 10 seconds to 4 minutes tops depending on if anything needs changed before it is submitted. The scheduling calendar is a breeze with the ability to see multiple locations and multiple providers at the same time, or restrict it to one provider at all locations, all providers at one location, or any configuration of that you can think of. It is color coded, giving each clinician a different color, so office staff can easily see which patients are with which doctor. And you can set up recurring appointments with the click of a button for as many or as few weeks as you would like for a patient. You can also individualize the billing per Insurance company, and per doctor, so any special billing can be saved and will be automatically input for the payers that require it. Also, the visit records (notes) that the doctors input for each patient are extremely well organized, and easy to print and provide to insurance companies/workers comp/other providers when requested. TherapyNotes is intuitive software that is easy to learn, user friendly, and inexpensive in comparison to other options.

Pros

The price charged, along with what you get is incomparable, this software is head and shoulders above the competition. TherapyNotes has solved 99% of our Billing and EHR issues. When issues do arise, we are able to get a representative on the phone within 1 minute flat, (this is record time, EVERY time.) and they are always extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and can SOLVE any problem. The one and only problem I still have, is already in the works for the next update to solve, and TherapyNotes staff has provided such an easy workaround in the meantime, that it has become nearly a non-issue. It is an extremely user friendly interface, and we have come to find that any mistake made within the system (Billing/health records/you name it) can be reversed, without any issues.

Cons

The Doctors had a hard time, when the office first transitioned to TherapyNotes, getting the notes completed. (All notes regarding a patient's visit on that date of service need to be completed before that DOS claim can be sent out. There is no deadline to complete them, you just can't send the claim until they are completed) Once the clinicians adjusted to writing their notes in a timely fashion, they too have concluded that they much prefer TherapyNotes over our old software (NueMD) which was MUCH more costly, for extensively less features that are beneficial to a behavioral health practice.

Shawn

A great therapy office addition

Reviewed on 24/10/2012

Overall I am very happy with the system and recommend it for practices of all sizes. The pros out weight the cons. Most of the negatives I have found are potential future features. There is already a plan to integrate appointment reminders to clients, which will be a great time saver. I have found updates to the system to occur very quickly and good follow through on promised features. They owners are definitely motivated to keep customers happy when able.

Pros

Notes are easy to enter for a busy practice. I love the features of uploading old paper charts for storage (other programs don't allow this). The feature of customizing procedure codes and interventions are a great option. The system is extremely easy to use. The to do list section is great for seeing notes that you may have forgotten to write, to notify you when a treatment plan is due, and to remind you to discharge clients who are no longer active. This is been extremely helpful to keep charts current. The ability to log in from other computers helps for accessing client information in a crisis without needing to go to the office. When I get requests for charts, I can easily download notes to fax or email without problems. The feature of generating client statements helps save a lot of time.

Cons

Being a small practice, I don't have funds for purchasing billing services in addition to the system, so I was disappointed in the billing fee being per submission rather than a flat rate. If a flat rate was offered for billing integration this might be resolved for smaller offices. It would also be helpful to generate customizable letters to clients for reoccuring situations such as discharge notice and missed appointments. There is also no way to generate client numbers within the system, so I currently have to keep a seperate excell document to generate client numbers (i.e. automatically assigning numbers when entering a new client). I also would like to have a billing documents section to scan copies of EOB statements that is seperate from the clinical chart. Current there is not way to integrate credit card processing within the system, but is a possible future feature.

Response from TherapyNotes, LLC

Thanks for the great feedback. Yes, future planned futures will definitely assist with some of the items you mentioned and you are right that appointment reminders are coming very soon! (FYI, I'm typing this on 10/24/12. If you are from the future, we may already have this feature. Check the web site to find out!)

Melissa

Simple, Easy, Affordable

Reviewed on 18/2/2024

My overall experience has been amazing. I feel very competent in using this platform. When I make a mistake, I am able to reach out to customer service and get a response within a few hours, or faster!

Pros

Coming from community mental health, where EPIC was our EHR, getting to use Therapy Notes when I moved into private practice was a god send! I love that it's so simple and easy to use. I am not good navigating technology so this was PERFECT for me. I had done a trial with Simple Practice prior, but there was just too much going on for me, and it left me very overwhelmed.
Therapy Notes also has THE BEST customer service. They are available 24/7 and they provide VERY quick responses. Their responses are not scripts, they personalize each responses (if you contact via email), and their customer service reps are very knowledgeable and actually know and understand their software! Their help is actually helpful!

Cons

I can't find a single thing that I don't like about Therapy Notes! Maybe having more color options for the calendar. Lol.

Angie

Stop torturing yourself

Reviewed on 29/12/2021

Overall I am very pleased. I have always been treated very well by your tech support as well as having the security of knowing that your group is on top of things. I never feel like I am missing something or am in the dark.

Pros

Therapy notes have been over the past 5 years amazing for us. I have used several EHRs This is by far the best for our needs. We are a small to mid-level group practice and have been able to have it grow with us as well as feeling secure that they are always on top of things and I can always ask for help.
By the way, you get REAL help. You can ask anything and they will give you an informed answer with additional information as well direct ways to access whatever it is that you need.

Cons

PLEASE my only request is to have the ability to have more than one person on a telehealth appointment in your system. Currently, we have to keep another platform just so we can have the ability to have others join the session. This complicates family sessions as well as removes the ability for co-counseling or auditing sessions remotely. This is important for us as we are a teaching office.

Response from TherapyNotes, LLC

Thank you for the great review. Multi-participant telehealth sessions is in development and coming along nicely!