Revel Systems Reviews

3.7/5
3.4/5

PHIL
  • Industry: Hospitality

Revel POS--a powerful tool for hospitality and retail

Reviewed on 16/6/2016

Revel Systems POS is a very powerful tool that is well-supported, constantly undergoing updates and improvements (and that our salesman and installer have been very easy to work with!) I have generally found tech support to be responsive and they have usually always helped me resolve any issues.

Pros

The retail, restaurant and quick service platforms that we use in our establishments are designed with those unique industries in mind, and the system is powerful enough to handle close to 10K inventory items in retail; dozens of employees in retail and restaurant establishments; and even a quick service environment where hard-wired Internet service is not feasible. We have had a great experience with our salesman, installer and tech support throughout our relationship with Revel.

Cons

The off-the-shelf Revel POS system is not a custom system made to a customer's exact specifications, although Revel does offer that service for additional cost. Customers should know what their needs are before implementing the system. The system is based on a columnar, spreadsheet, model, and for many installations that may result in the user interface having several layers of menu screens that need to be negotiated in order to retrieve a menu item. The system is pretty flexible, however, and offers the means to work with a huge number of inventory items in a wide variety of platforms (hospitality, retail, mobile.)

Kiera
  • Industry: Restaurants

Amazing features and functionality for accurate business analysis

Reviewed on 24/7/2018

Give your customer service agents at your call centers raises! I have spent dozens of hours on the phone and talked to numerous people from all over and every single one of them has surpassed all expectations of product knowledge and customer service! That makes a world of difference!

Pros

The features from a business owner's perspective are unparalleled. Everything is totally customizable tofu the specific and unique needs of individual businesses. The customer service alone makes this worth the money. I have never looked forward to calling customer service before, but the training of the employees of not just product knowledge, but also customer service is absolutely unmatched.

Cons

I have three specific areas of opportunity for Revel.
1) Taking payments of split checks (especially when one guest leaves earlier than others) is the worst system of any modern systems I have ever worked with. After splitting the checks, it is impossible to change the way you split the items if one guest has already paid and left. This really needs to be addressed if the product is going to be marketed to full service restaurants that have to deal with split payments on almost every party of 3 or more.
2) While I appreciate its modern focus, it is not easy to work with if a restaurant still uses paper gift certificates.
3) We were a "Guinea Pig" test restaurant for a salesman that had never worked with Revel before. He provided absolutely no help at all in setting up the system as he didn't know much about it himself. Even after he got back from training, he had to call customer service to answer simple questions I had. For such a complex and intricate system, there should be protocols in place for better training of the people selling it to be able to set it up for the customers.

Margaret

No Customer Service Department only a Customer Retention Department!

Reviewed on 25/5/2017

Sorely disappointed in this millenial run company. No sense of understanding of customer loyalty. When I showed up in person at their offices in San Francisco, it was lunch time and the elevators were a turnstile of delivery people bringing in "take out" food to the office. I was treated very poorly when met by the Director of Sales who tried to just pawn off my issue "until Monday". Here were are suffering from a massive company wide fiasco costing us many man hours and challenges serving our customers when these guys are just sitting around enjoying their venture capital take outs for lunch. Kinda hard to take when you're working your ass off 3 states away with no breaks and no one will even respond/acknowledge the massive mistake made by their company. We were finally told today that they do not even have a customer service/care department...only a customer retention department that they self described as the department for customers considering leaving. YES, we said...that's who we need to talk to (still at 5pm...no contact for this mysterious department provided). Creating an exit plan...Such a bummer. Had such high hopes for this product. Too bad the people behind the scenes totally stink.

Pros

Syncs for us seamlessly with Quickbooks online
Can handle large inventory
Lots of options for discounts and sales and alternative pricing and grouping
Love putting the orders together on on iPad and closing it out at the register on another.

Cons

Terrible, horrible, god awful customer service. The tech people are great at helping do a lot of things by phone; however when we did an update after a big fiasco with trying to resync iPads to printers and iPads to swipers, etc, we find out that our scale that we purchased through Revel for more cost when it was only worth less, we were told is no longer supported...this only 2 years after purchase. Sadly, we are so immersed in their system at present that we will have to purchase the new scale that they are supporting. We received zero notification that they were discontinuing the scale. The scale is a massive factor in our use of revel as 2/3 of our inventory is measured by grams. We have received run around after run around by phone, by email AND...even when I showed up at their office in San Francisco.

Debra
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Revel POS system

Reviewed on 27/6/2023

Same system used for different areas of our business where we had different POS systems in past. Easier for administration, bookeeping, etc.

Pros

Offers both retail and restaurant versions of software that works for our company, which includes a retail operation (winery & brewery) as well as a separate cafe operation.

Cons

"CRM" customer management is lacking on the management side; purchase reporting only available for periods of 12 months rather than entire history for customer. Reports auto load prior to dates being entered; spend a lot of time waiting for a report to load to then enter actual period wanted for report.Features removed during updates (no longer have receipt option when comping items; for winery/brewery operations we comp out bottles used for tastings on a daily basis and used these receipts routinely, only to have the feature disappear with an update).Quite expensive for our seasonal business; we need several stations during busy months but have to pay quite a bit even when several are not used during slow months.

Jim
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Excellent System that Works Great

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

We have had others system and this just works great for us. It has a pretty good inventory system and a host of reports. The key is its makes the sales process easy. I have no problem giving Revel a strong recommendation.

Pros

Our company is the merchandise concessionaire for Athletic Events at Army West Point and we are big fans of the Revel System. At our latest game, we had 11 stands and were able to push through almost 2000 transactions in a little over four hours. The system has worked flawless for us and our gross sales is up over 20% this season because of the ease of sales. We added a scanner and the fans love it. Combined with a strong credit card provider we have our sales available for us usually in 48 hours. The system works for us in many locations on batteries and its Verizon wi-fi is very good. If we have wi-fi trouble on site with a large crowd...it holds transaction and puts it through when the wi-fi is up. Our staff...not big techies...has had NO problems after expressing a feeling that the system would make it hard for customers to be serviced. We are big fans because it is helping our business. We now do almost four to one credit cards over cash purchases.

Cons

You will find Revel is a little more expensive than other systems. They also make a decent profit on the hardware. But it is clearly you get what you pay for....when you have great service and a strong working system....you have to pay. This is a professional system.

Revel POS Systems for Restaurants

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

Revel kept deducting fees from our checking account for 2 months AFTER we closed our business! We informed them in advance of the sale of our business so that there were no surprises. We are a small mom & pop business and needed those funds. The new [sensitive content hidden] did not like the Revel system at all and went to Toast POS instead. We have been unable to be reimbursed for the months that we were closed and [sensitive content hidden] who processes the credit cards has ignored our requests. He has made plenty of money from us and yet continued to deduct money out of our account.

Pros

Not much. Poor customer service and follow up.

Cons

Difficult training the staff all the nuisances in learning the system. Managers also had a difficult time with the reports.

Leah

Works Well for our Small Business

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Overall, Revel is a good company. We are a small convenience store at a marina and campground and they are working well for us. One of the reasons we went with Revel is because they have teamed up with Shell Corp. to create an integration for fuel pumps and the Revel point of sales. Revel is the cheapest option on the market, that I was able to find, to be able to offer my customers pay at the pump options. This is still in the works, but they are making steady progress and I am excited for when we can try it out.

Pros

Revel is easy for employees to learn (even the non-tech employees) and to use. They have good updates; they listen to their customers about what is needed and then try to implement it. Our store is an hour away from the main office, and we are able to see the inventory from the office to place orders for the store! The reports are useful, varied and well laid out for ease of reading.

Cons

The integration between QuickBooks Desktop and Revel has been a bit tricky. I wish their support team was a bit better at understanding how the two programs talk to each other. I have found that I need to have the Revel Support team tell me how Revel is supposed to talk to QuickBooks and then I'll have to go to the QuickBooks support or forum to figure out how to set up QuickBooks so that it does what Revel intended.

Tons of customizations!

Reviewed on 18/9/2017

No other system had the flexibility to provide what we needed. Customization took months to get sorted out (and I am a network engineer during the day). Despite all the hard ships I couldn't imagine switching again. I still experiment with competitors that have lower fees, however can't match half the features and flexibility I get with Revel.

Pros

The ability to customize the POS
Online ordering built in at decent rate (may be more expensive now)
IPad based (flexibility)
Integrates with many payment processors (heads up on gateway fees)

Cons

Expensive
Seems like they are moving to a la carte pricing structure (more expensive)
Customer Support is based in Philippines, while sometimes good they don't really understand sometimes

Response from Revel Systems

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your input and it's great to hear you like the flexibility you get with Revel.

Our Support team, however, is no longer based in the Philippines, as of about a year and a half ago. We have U.S. and Lithuanian-based Support now and we have gotten great feedback.

Hope your experiences of late have been great ones.

Santiago

Best and more robust system in the market

Reviewed on 24/2/2018

Pros

The best thing about this System is the easy and intuitive interface. It greatly facilitates the operations of the day and allows us to always work in a better way. It has, also, a number of options and improvements that allow me to adapt to my needs, especially the part of the discounts. They are the best!

Cons

The bad thing is the implementation, being such a complete software it takes a long time to configure all the functions to your liking to work in a better way. However, with practice and patience, it is possible to get ahead.

Response from Revel Systems

Hi Santiago,

Thank you so much for the 5-stars! So glad to hear that Revel is working well for your business. Our product team has worked hard to make improvements to the Discount functionality so it's great to hear that you are a fan!

Revel is definitely robust and can take a bit of extra time to configure, but, we agree, that once you get it set up for your business, you will be happy about your decision.

Thank you again!

Julie
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Revel System as Inventory Management

Reviewed on 23/6/2023

Overall experience is good as we are familiar with the system. Revel support is generally helpful when issues require additional assistance/experience to navigate.

Pros

POS interface is intuitive and easy to use and easy to train staff to use in everyday sales operations.

Cons

Revel backend is confusing until one is familiar with abilities. POS interface can prove confusing for processing returns and exchanges of Merchandise. The sales interface can be clunky for processing larger orders.

Emily

Full of Glitches

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

We've been with Revel for about 8 months now. I am on the phone with customer support weekly, nearly daily. Our initial integration with Quickbooks was not well supported by their staff and eventually I had to just teach myself how to get the system set up and integrated. We have constantly had issues that when I contact customer service they tell me they don't know why it happened and it must be a glitch in the software. My credit card machine broke after 7 months and Revel could not figure out how to fix it so I called the manufacturer and they told me it was a software issue. Revel's solution was to trade in for a new one, rather than try to figure out what the software issue was. The first customer service agent I spoke to did not even have the manual for the pin pad that I was using.

Multiple times Revel has stopped speaking to Quickbooks without warning and our data has not been pushed through as it should. I've been told that the exchange feature that is built in to the front end of the system does not actually work and so we should stop using it and do a work around so that our entries into Quickbooks will be correct. My completed invoices have gotten stuck between the Ipad and the back office and the payments have therefore not been received into Quickbooks until I discovered the problem. Revel has multiple times overtaken Quickbooks and changed the vendor information in Quickbooks. After multiple phone calls to customer support for a single issue I've eventually been told that my system is out of date and that's what's causing the problem, but it was never brought up in initial phone calls. In the same vein, there is no indication from Revel that I should update the system. In fact for the last update, the app told me that it was the most up to date, but finally on the back end of Revel there was a warning that I needed to update or my system would be obsolete. In fact I was running the most up to date version of the app, but what needed to be done was to download an entirely new app-that was not made clear in Revel's warning, I just happened to figure it out myself. Furthermore, had I not happened to log into Revel's back end on that particular day, I would not have known that I was required to update.

One day the back office stopped sending our daily emailed reports. When I spoke to customer support they told me that it was because the email addresses where the report was sent were separated by commas and not semi-colons. When I mentioned that the commas had been working for 7 months they told me that it was due to an update on their back end that now required semi-colons. When asked how I was supposed to know that and change it I was told that it had been a "known issue" for over a month and that some businesses had a problem and some didn't so they didn't let customers know about the issue.

With all the issues I've had, I've never been able to speak to a supervisor or had any kind of conciliatory gesture like a reduced price made for me and in fact had to pay shipping to and from returning my credit card machine. When I speak to customer service about issues related to Quickbooks integration, they are not trained on Quickbooks so generally cannot help me.

Overall the system is extremely glitchy and inconsistent. It cannot be counted on to work the same way from day to day.

Pros

-When it works it is more robust and better at speaking to Quickbooks than any other POS systems that we've used.

Cons

There are many, many issues that I can't explain because it works fine one day and not at all the next, with no reason.
-Past POS companies have emailed me monthly updates about changes that are coming and information about updating the app or problems that have been discovered. Revel does no such thing.

Response from Revel Systems

Hi Emily,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced frustration with the QuickBooks integration. I've looked into your support ticket history and it looks like support has resolved your most recent ticket. Additionally, in reviewing your QuickBooks support history with a QB Support Specialist, it appears that our sync has paused most frequently following deletion or removal of QuickBooks records, which the system references. This would be true with any accounting and point-of-sale integration and we recommend that customers do not delete Revel created accounts or records. In an effort to resolve this, our next release will include an enhancement where Revel and QuickBooks notify each other of deleted records to prevent syncing issues.

We send emails alerting customers about coming updates and features and it may be that you've accidentally unsubscribed.

I've asked our Client Relations team to reach out to you to resolve any outstanding issues and provide you with additional customer service. Thank you for your feedback.

Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Meghan
  • Industry: Restaurants

Extremely overpriced fees and disappointing system!

Reviewed on 11/8/2017

Pros

It looks nice and sleek on the counter. The actual POS is pretty straight forward after training and most employees caught on quickly.

Cons

Where to start?? First, the monthly fees are insane considering the poor quality of the product and customer service. For two locations and three terminals, we paid fees to Revel each month.
We've experienced a lot of equipment issues (tickets not printing to kitchen, card swipe goes down, mobile unit won't connect and allow orders to be taken, etc) oftentimes in the middle of a lunch rush.
We have at least 2 customers every single day tell us that the online ordering isn't working. The system will look like it took their order (and they'll see pending charges on their cards), but they'll either get an error message or nothing at all. We often have people show up to pick up the order they placed online only to realize that it never came through on our system, but Revel still posts the charges as pending and it doesn't drop off the card for 3 days....not a fun thing to tell customers!
We have not had a great experience with customer service, and often end up on the phone for over an hour (again, often during a lunch rush). We've had several instances where no one was ever able to answer our issue.
Our accountants (who exclusively do restaurants) have found errors in reports (including tax reports for the day) multiple times.
Overall, this system just doesn't live up to the quality that should come with such high fees.
I called and emailed to put in our notice of cancellation at the end of our 18-month contract (they require 30 days, I put in my written notice 60 days, since their team hasn't been super responsive), I at first would get no response. When I finally did they told me that I couldn't put in my request until 30 days, which just seemed odd to me.

Response from Revel Systems

Hi Meghan,

I know we have already spoken over the phone about this, but I do apologize for your experience. It sounds like you encountered a known issue with the Online Ordering that has since been fixed. I apologize as I know how frustrating that can be when you are in the midst of service.

We do appreciate your feedback and, again, apologize that we weren't able to work on a resolution for you sooner.

Best regards,
Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

Michael

Only good if your needs are very Basic

Reviewed on 23/4/2018

Overall Revel is a total letdown and will be replaced by year end with a better system, lots of things we were promised could be done require using their "Open API" which costs more per month than the entire POS system does for 5 stations. We were not told about the API pricing upfront (or that there was even a cost at all, it was pitched like it was included in the regular fee) just that we could use the API to do everything we told them we needed to do, my project manager informed me of the API pricing during our implementation, when I called out the sales rep for never mentioning the additional cost despite repeated conversations about how critical this was she told me "its not my job to tell you the pricing for the API since that's not my department"

It is also very difficult to impossible to find and load an order in the dashboard by customer. You have to load the customers orders report, find the customer in the list, click show orders, note the order number, then go to the order history report and then you can click through to the order, why isn't the order number under customers order a hyperlink to take me to the order?

They made a systems change to batch process updates to the POS instead of in realtime, we have a custom app that we use for check ins when a customer comes into the store and it adds customers to the revel system so we can link them to a sale and track close rate etc. They used to sync in real time from the dashboard to the stations, after a recent update it takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes for the customers to pull down from the revel dashboard. I have verified they show up on the dashboard instantly as they should, there is just a major delay in syncing back to the iPads now that was not there before the update.

Reporting is very weak in certain areas, you can't view profit by anything other than employee which is worthless if you don't have pay rates loaded which we don't since we aren't using that aspect of the system.

When we receive inventory in the store, we upload it into the revel dashboard via their excel template this works about 75% of the time, the rest of the time it just silently fails, you will never receive any notice that it failed, where it failed etc. So now before I do any uploads, I do an export of what we have immediately before so when it fails I can compare to the inventory after the partial upload to figure out where the import stopped so I can import the rest.

I could keep going but bottom line is if your needs are more than barebones or you are not a restaurant you should look elsewhere for a much better solution.

Pros

Overall they have a nice POS interface and it is pretty stable. Their pricing is also pretty good for the base system.

Cons

Functions are hard to find
Very much geared towards restaurants, so if you are in another business be prepared to see restaurant specific stuff all over you can't turn off
Material changes to the way things work with zero notice
Can only see profit margin by employee no P&L type report.
Inventory uploads regularly fail with no notice, and no way to tell what was added without doing a manual compare of before and after and trying again with the additional items.

Response from Revel Systems

Hi Michael,

I am truly sorry about your experience and I have shared your feedback with our sales management team, as well as the customer service team.

I am confident that once we get we get a bit more info from you, we will be able to come to a resolution in terms of API and reporting. Our customer service team will be happy to follow up on any outstanding issues you have.

Sarah, Customer Advocacy Manager at Revel

timothy
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Poor billing practices after cancellation requested

Reviewed on 3/10/2017

I think it's overpriced and too time-consuming inputting modifiers and making changes to suit our business needs

Pros

I got to keep the really expensive iPad. My workers made a lot of money in overtime because of the time on the phone with customer support troubleshooting problems with the software.

Cons

As a business owner please do your due diligence and run from this company. After calling to stop the recurring billing from Revel and receiving a ticket 1245556, which stated it was being sent to billing department for cancellation. Revel continued to bill until i contacted them a second time. Their excuse of needing to speak to someone in client relations first before they would cancel the service. No indication when the 1st request to cancel was made that I had to call or speak to anyone else. They go on and on about company policy and how I don't see it their way. Someone calls to cancel a service, as a responsible business you cancel it, you don't leave the account open and continue to bill. If I say cancel, I don't need a sales guy calling from customer relations to offer incentives or to gather facts about his product or why am I leaving. Stop wasting customer's time having them speak to multiple people just to have you stop taking money out of their account month after month.

Response from Revel Systems

Hi Timothy,

I do apologize for the inconvenience and added frustration. Revel has a policy in place to protect our customers which requires our customers to cancel their account with our customer service team specifically. Unfortunately, if they are unable to reach you, it can prolong the process. I have shared your feedback with our leadership team as we do understand that the experience has been a frustrating one - not what we want for our customers.

Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

Peter

Trust the Bad Reviews

Reviewed on 8/2/2017

For the sake of easy reading, I will simply say that at 49 years old, I have never had a worse experience in terms of product capability, professionalism within a company, accountability, and most of all, service. So bad was the product and service, that I willing gave up the initial expense, to allow myself to walk away from any contractual obligation. And this was after only months of use. There is too much negative to put down in a review. We literally had issues with every system of the program: setting up the system, the loyalty program, programming the system, credit card processing, state taxes, and revel not understanding restaurants and the nomenclature of the industry. Advice: Look for a system that clearly outlines their service obligations. Make sure that you are able to speak to someone in the company, and not to an outsourced panel of phone answers who's only response is, "I am sorry that you are having this problem" and who are in no way able to offer solutions to your issues. You will spend hours on the phone during the life of your revel relationship pulling out your hair, yelling things at people overseas that are not typically in your vocabulary or character to say, and ultimately so frustrated that you too, will be looking for ways out of this bad relationship.

Pros

Few

Cons

Many

Response from Revel Systems

Hi Peter,

I am sorry to hear you had such a poor experience and that we weren't able to turn it around for you. It is definitely not characteristic of our platform or current Customer Support structure.

I took a look at your history and I see that you have not been a customer for some time now and that your primary issue stemmed from networking - if the networking is not functioning properly, of course, it can cause problems, and it can sometimes be environmental.

We have definitely made a lot of advances since you were a customer and we now offer an Apple Ethernet Connect solution which solves trickier situations. I am just sorry we weren't able to offer this option to you formerly. Regardless, your feedback is appreciated.

- Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

David

Not a fan

Reviewed on 15/6/2023

I am not happy with the system. I don't think my training was great, we continue to have issues and I spend too much time on the phone attempting to fix things. Mobile devices and gift cards are still an issue. I have not been able to devote the time needed to fix the discount issues. I have had mixed results

Pros

Mobile ordertakers. However they are a constant problem and we continue to have issues with them.

Cons

Difficulty with spitting guest checks. Cause multiple challenges with discounts. Overall discount platform. Difficult to use and not meeting my needs. Gift card have been a consistent problem with much time spent on the phone with support people, but still no resolution. Too many issues overall. Today the credit cards didn't work because of some technical issue in support. They got it fixed and it worked fine for a few hours then it stopped working again. Too many issues that steal too much of my time. the system should be working for me, but instead It seems to make my job harder.....

Steven

Revel Systems is a JOKE with TERRIBLE tech support

Reviewed on 10/1/2018

Cons

Revel systems has been nothing but a joke since I have gotten it. Owner's can't reassign delivery orders to a new driver? Drivers are able to cash drop to NO WHERE when the wrong till is used? I can't check another drive in, as an owner, on my log in without it going into MY virtual till?

Once again, Revel Systems is a JOKE to use as a delivery POS system. The support team is absolutely clueless, everyone has to talk to their higher up colleague just to tell me they can't do anything about it. At this point, I have more knowledge then some of these techs that are from Lithuania.

Terrible TERRIBLE customer service, TERRIBLE product, and TERRIBLE value for what you get.

Response from Revel Systems

Hi Steven,

I am sorry that Delivery Management and Virtual Tills are causing some frustration. It sounds like there are settings that could use an audit to ensure that both features are being used correctly.

I have located two articles that would help explain how Virtual Tills work and how each employee should be set up under Employees - Role Permissions, as well as a few articles on Delivery Management. Once the two are set up correctly for your particular business operations, your issues would be resolved.

In terms of our Support team, they work very hard to troubleshoot any issues and we do see that you worked with a Database Engineer, who, yes, is based in Lithuania. Truthfully, it doesn't get much better than working with an engineer to resolve software issues regardless of where they are located.

Revel also offers extremely affordable Account Management services that would allow you to walk through the many Settings Revel offers, help you get Virtual Tills and Delivery Managment set up to best suit your needs.

Hope the articles help in the meantime.
Best Regards,

Jack
  • Industry: Hospitality

Powerful tool but sometimes clunky

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

Usually works very well, not my favourite because of user experience and aesthetics however.

Pros

it enabled us to move to contactless ordering and payment online during pandemic restrictions.

Cons

I find it looks quite ugly, the design architecture does not feel as intuitive to me as other competing products I've used. Setup was quite gruelling. Restrictions on what card terminals can now be used with the software feels like a step back.

SumUp

Reasons for Choosing Revel Systems

lockdown restrictions requiring online ordering and payments.

Unreliable

Reviewed on 24/6/2023

When it works it's great. Waaayyyyy too much down-time and too much difficulty getting back up. Not very reliable.

Pros

So aggravating.

Cons

Unreliable.

Mario
  • Industry: Restaurants

Will be a good POS if it works like they said

Reviewed on 9/11/2019

My overall experience has not been positive since day one. There have been operational errors from the very beginning to the degree that using Revel has cost us money thru loss of customers who get frustrated with all the online ordering errors and just go elsewhere. Counter service has been slowed down due to having the system freeze up or force an unscheduled update in the middle of service. Customers get frustrated and the employees just make fun of your "provided services"

Pros

Nothing, none of the functions they promised works fine, everything is a headache and all I have experienced is losing customers which result on losing money, I wish never purchased this system since it tends to make us lose customers regularly as their frustration rises.

Cons

The programmers are screwing up everything every time they make an update, don't they test their work before applying it to their customers? Apparently no, I have many other reasons to hate this POS now but don't feel like wasting more time writing about it.

Mia

Mias Cafe

Reviewed on 20/6/2023

Excellent!

Excellent!

Pros

Very user friendly and great tech support

Cons

I liked all aspects of REVEL, sometimes I had a few cc issues, but were resolved

Charley
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Shopped around and finally found the best

Reviewed on 13/7/2016

As a franchise operation with 16 locations that have run 3 previous point-of-sale systems, I can confidently say Revel is the best. It isn't simply that their system is easy to learn, or that they have almost every capability that you can think of, but it's the fact that they keep making it better. Their software continues to change and evolve to fit my stores' needs. I've submitted several feature requests that have already been released in updates. When a franchisee has an issue, I can get a knowledgeable tech support agent on the line in minutes that can help resolve it quickly. We looked high and low for an enterprise solution that fit our model and I'm positive we made the right choice with Revel.

Pros

Easy to use front end with a robust, feature-packed browser-based back end that makes multi-unit support effortless.

Cons

It is a bit pricey compared to some other systems, but the quality and support you get is worth it in every way.

Response from Revel Systems

Hello Charley,

Wow, thank you for the positive words! We're so glad that you are pleased with our product. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

Sarah M., Community Manager at Revel Systems

Ben
  • Industry: Restaurants

confusing at first. much better now.

Reviewed on 21/10/2015

Pros

The analytics. Its great being able to look over past orders and watch trends

Cons

Tech support. The first year or so I spent a lot of time on the phone with tech support. Some of the problem was me just not understanding the system. Although a few of the problems were something I could not have known about. Tier 1 tech support was not helpful after a certain point. But it felt very difficult to get my problems looked at by someone with more knowledge. i was often told I would get a phone call back but never received a call. More often than not, I would get an email with a vaguely worded fix. After a year or so i would spend hours fixing a problem myself because this ended up being faster than calling tech support and waiting for an answer.
The lack of speaking to someone who can help fix the problem was very frustrating. Not to say tier one tech support was bad. they we're as helpful as they could be. But some of the problems we had needed someone with more knowledge. And the lack of speaking to that person was disappointing.

Response from Revel Systems

Ben, thanks a lot for your review! We are working hard to expand our technical support team at the moment to deliver the best experience to our customers when they need help

Emma
  • Industry: Restaurants

Good - but has great mobile app partner in PepperHQ

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

Revel itself is a solid system, but it was not until we integrated it with a mobile app platform (one of their partners, who seem to only work with Revel) that we really started to get a return on investment from the Revel system. The two systems work brilliantly together and have transformed not only the customer experience, but also our operational efficiency. Revel itself is only part of the solution, Pepper HQ - check them out at http://pepperhq.com - is the key to unlocking the value and extending the features within Revel and I think Revel have been very clever getting these guys to partner with them - massive advantage over any other EPOS provider.

Pros

as I said the best thing out the solution is that it integrates so well with our mobile app from Pepper http://pepperhq.com

Cons

not the greatest support; people seem to leave the company all the time...

Marck

Like the product when it works ...

Reviewed on 25/5/2016

Pros

The Cloud based implementation and the amount of functionality available. Would prefer more focus on quality over the amount of enhancements.

Cons

Support and Quality is very poor. Getting attention to issues is very difficult that are not solved easily. The quality of releases has improved but we still hold our breath anytime we do an upgrade. There is very little information available on how to use new features or even existing ones and to get any help beyond basic level help takes a long time. Each time we have an issue I expect to spend hours dealing with emails and calls to get it addressed. There have been times when I report a problem and the first response is to do something I indicated in my request I had already tried or done. There is no commitment on the amount of time they will get back to you and I have had issues where my POS was down completely and could not get any help for hours and hours.

Response from Revel Systems

Hello Marck,
I've sent you an email to discuss your feedback in greater detail. I'm sorry to hear you've experienced some frustrating support issues. I'd like to hear your suggestions for improvement. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here.