4.2
Shayne G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Not an accounting system

Reviewed on 20/3/2017

If you are expecting this to work like A/R in an accounting system, you'll be disappointed. It's primary focus is being an e-tail platform, so if you are an office that needs to send invoices that can be paid on-line, you'll run into some snags. And you are forced to set up a domain name even if you know you will never use it, which is just wrong.

Pros

Multiple people can access invoice status.

Cons

It is designed for billing individuals, not companies.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Shelly P.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great value!

Reviewed on 24/8/2015

We have been very pleased with PaySimple. It allows ease of payments for us. We are a Chiropractic office, and we have a Membership Practice. PaySimple is great for setting up recurring payments month-to-month.
We receive quick responses when contacting customer service, and they quickly resolve any issues.
I would highly recommend them for your payments. I am not sure why others are having such difficulty with their service.

Pros

Able to set up monthly auto-debits very easily since this is 99% of what our Chiropractic practice uses.

Cons

Each time you want to take a payment, you also have to have their address (set-up a "profile"). However, this doesn't take an incredibly long time either.

Response from PaySimple

Hi Shelly, Thank you for the review and feedback. We're happy to hear recurring payments work well for your business and that you found monthly billing easy to set up. Our customer service team is committed to helping your business thrive, so don't hesitate to call us for any additional help: 800.466.0992.

Willie T.
Company size: Self Employed

PaySimple is excellent software for taking payment and for setting up recurring payments

Reviewed on 16/6/2018

Pros

This program is a great fit for my small but growing business , the customers liked it and I loved it. I mostly used It to set up clients on auto-debit recurring payments. The fees were decent and customer support is Very Good

Cons

I received the exact services I was looking for. They promised certain things and delivered on those promises , Therefore I have no cons to list here.

Excellent Payment Processing Software

Reviewed on 5/7/2019

Meets my needs and overall have been very happy with this software. Really sticks to what the name says - a simple payment solution!

Pros

Great fit for any small, but growing business. Easy to set up, and use, clients seemed to like it and the customer service has been solid and very helpful with any questions.

Cons

Small changes like making it easier to search for past transactions. Right now it's a little cumbersome.

Paul B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Efficient and bug free payment portal

Reviewed on 16/6/2017

Payment Portal with recurring payment processing.

Pros

Customer Service, Ease of Use, Monthly Reports, low transaction fees, and we havnt experienced any system bugs or outages. Very happy with this system.

Cons

In my humble opinion the only negative I see is that the monthly reports that get sent via snail mail have a slightly outdated look. If you dont mind that then this is the payment portal you've been looking for!

Justin L.
Industry: Construction

PaySimple has made invoicing and credit card processing incredibly easy for my company!

Reviewed on 8/6/2017

It's helped my company tremendously in our efforts to become as paperless a company as possible!

Pros

I love how simple and user-friendly the software interface is to use; it's organized clearly and helps avoid a lot of human error mistakes when using it; plus it's become much easier for us to issue and track refunds when necessary and to issue invoices upon request.

Jared D.
Industry: Consumer Services

I wouldn't make the PaySimple mistake twice.

Reviewed on 13/6/2014

Seriously, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH PAYSIMPLE. Here is why, once you get involved with them and start processing credit cards-- it will work great for a year or two. But, then your business will change and you will want to use a different provider that will meet the needs of your company better... AND THAT is when PaySimple becomes a real pain. You see, because unlike other payment processors they will not release your customers credit card data to another payment processing firm. They say it is PCI compliance, if that were true then other payment gateways wouldn't be able to release data either. (which they can and do, because they are GOOD companies.) If they would charge be a $500 fee to release my data, so be it. I would HAPPILY pay, but they won't. Good service while it meets your needs, but once your needs change they are very unsympathetic.

Cons

Will not allow your business to grow and adjust.
Annoying, beyond belief.

Response from PaySimple

Thank you for your feedback – we’re sorry to hear about your current frustration. There are many levels of PCI Compliance that merchant providers can adhere to, and PaySimple’s system was specifically built to provide the highest level of PCI Compliant storage of cardholder data. To meet these standards, our system encrypts individual credit card numbers when they are entered, and decryption only occurs at the credit card processor level -- a very critical piece to protecting against data breaches. We understand the reasoning for wanting to export full card data, and we’re sorry this is not something we’re able to offer to your business. Our Customer Experience team will follow up with you directly with some additional details.

Mendy S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great resource!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Great job PaySimple! Super Customer Service!

Pros

I love how easy PaySimple is to use. It also eliminated me having to think about payments once they have been entered in and alerts me with an email if something needs my attention.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like there are to many steps to do one simple thing.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Matched with client management software

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Seamlessly matches with my client billing and management software, lowered my overall cost too.

Pros

They matched my rates with current payment processor and took care of all the back-end to transfer me to the new processor.

Cons

I haven't found a con yet. I've only been using the product for the past month.

Stacey D.

ACE Publishing Review

Reviewed on 23/3/2017

This is our first year using PaySimple. We have appreciated the customer service we have received from our representative. She is always quick to look for solutions to our questions. There are certain things we would like to do that would make it easier to maintain our items in the catalog and keep things organized. Entering field information was a big frustration for us. We would also like to be able to delete items off of our field options when we make a mistake on one. It would also save us a step if there were a way to export items by batch ID.

Jonathan B.

AWESOME. Love PAYSIMPLE

Reviewed on 20/3/2017

PaySimple is an Awesome company. They're fast and convenient. Easy to learn. The only suggestion that I have is to be able to provide a way to separate monthly EFT transactions from Manual Transactions.

Pros

I love everything.

Cons

none

Jaretta E.

PaySimple is exactly as the name suggests- SIMPLE!

Reviewed on 21/7/2015

I am very new at using a processor for payments and PaySimple has made the entire experience a positive one. From the customer service to seminars and the resources available to the business- everything is amazing!

Response from PaySimple

Thank you for the review Jaretta. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience with our product and team. Feel free to contact us at 800.466.0992 if you have any questions or if we can be of further help in growing your business!

Useanotherprovider

Criteria to qualify

Reviewed on 26/6/2013

PaySimple is simple yes. Seems to have most the tools needed for Merchant processing. Please see pros-cons for breakdown.

Pros

Simple interface

Cons

Why would a payment gateway need to do a credit check?
Bill.com actually syncs with other accounting tools, PaySimple does not.
Cost is higher than other Freshbooks or Bill.com for less.

Response from PaySimple

PaySimple is not *just* a payment gateway, but also a merchant account and therefore can include an underwriting process. It also offers a more comprehensive product offering than many software solutions on the market. Give us a call if you have specific questions about the solution that is right for your business at 800-466-0992

Tina M.

So far, so good

Reviewed on 30/10/2015

So far it is just okay. We would have liked an easier integration with our current software, but other than that the PaySimple software is okay. We really enjoy our customer service representative.

Sid M.

User friendly

Reviewed on 6/7/2015

Easy to navigate and use

Response from PaySimple

Thanks for your review and glad that PaySimple is easy for your business to use! Give us a call at 800.466.0992 if there is anything else we can do to help your business thrive.

Bobbijo B.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Customer Service, A+!

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

I have always had amazing experiences with the customer service! Whether big or small I felt important with my issue. The applications are great and easy to use and learn. Our team would highly recommend PaySimple as the best tool for their needs!

Pros

The ease of use and how many tools they have inside the program to help manage.

Cons

Personal Preference, I would like to streamline the dashboard. Taylor it to what our company uses all the time, not have a generalized set up.

David F.
Industry: Music
Company size: Self Employed

Great Value, Great Product

Reviewed on 23/3/2017

I went from Square to Paysimple because of their ability to hold customer payment info and for automatic recurrent payments. They have a lower charge per transaction and offer electronic check. This saves me about 8 hours a month and money per transaction. They also offer a calendar, but I have yet to make the switch to that at this time. Their customer service has been outstanding.

Pros

Automatic charging, invoicing, calendar option, lower percentage, and electronic check.

Cons

At times it can be a little confusing how to do something specific, but there has always been a way, I just had to ask.

Tony R.
Industry: Building Materials

PaySimple makes payments... SIMPLE!

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

Overall I can't imagine doing business in the field without this option. Being able to quote, close and take the deposit or full payment for a sale has increased our sales and my closing ratio. It's truly the future now.

Pros

I love the ability to take credit card payments right from my iPad. The supplied device to slide Credit Cards makes my sales easy and improves my close rate since I can take a payment right there on the spot.

Cons

There are times when the device that slides the card can be finicky. However 95% of the time I'm able to complete the transaction. The other 5% I use our payment site.

Shannon M.
Industry: Telecommunications

Great Job!

Reviewed on 20/3/2017

Excellent service! I have been using PaySimple for several years and have never had any issues. My account manager and the customer care team are always quick to respond.

Pros

Cons

None

Dillon S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Horrible Customer Service and a Paperwork Nightmare

Reviewed on 29/5/2015

PaySimple worked great for about two weeks. Then came requests for paperwork, and holds on deposits, then came the shut down with no notice. They decided my business model was incompatible with their risk factor assessment, and that the underwriters did not agree with my business model. There was no warning, just a shut down, and I am still not sure if I will get any of my customer data to continue pursuing payments.

Pros

Love the interface, it made everything look simple. I had a lot of customers and payments in the system at the time they terminated my service.

Cons

Terrible customer service. Unsure of mobile presence, they seem to have multiple apps for the same thing published. They also do not use their own card processing, but outsource it to a processor, who may or may not be compatible with your business industry. They didn't even try to tell me what was wrong when they terminated our contract.

Response from PaySimple

Thanks for your review. You are right, our software integrates with different processors who have different allowances for risk. We might be able to set you up with a more liberal processor to keep using the system, give our team a call at 800.466.0992 option 2 to speak with a rep who can see if there is an alternative or high-risk processor available. Thanks!

Industry: Telecommunications

Pay simple very easy

Reviewed on 1/4/2019

Pros

1) simple payment procedure

2) and it is very simple to use and they have good customer care

3)and the graph system is very friendly it easily helps us to track our payments

Cons

Cost is bit high compare to other competitive products if not am very satisfied

Amber K.

Great Payment Processing Option

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

We are currently working on integrating this into one of our client's websites and it's a great tool. Not only does it have a great ecommerce platform, it also has a meetings scheduler that our client is using to allow her clients to schedule meetings with her right from her website. And once that meeting is over, she can automatically generate an invoice using the calendar function based on wha the meeting was about!

Response from PaySimple

Thank you, Amber for your review of the PaySimple software! Glad that the online store system and appointment scheduling are working well for your client! Looking forward to your business growing with the software. - PaySimple

Daniel S.

Awesome Company!

Reviewed on 3/11/2015

First off this is a amazing company that I feel that they actually care about their customers unlike some companies. Their customer service team is one of the best teams out there. I have never had a bad experience with paysimple. Using paysimple is quick and easy to learn the other thing that could do Is extend their phone hours but besides that they are a AMAZING company!

Pros

Great Customer Service
Easy to use software
Short hold times

Cons

Short customer service hours

Response from PaySimple

Well, thank you very much! We do care about our customers and are glad it shows. Our online Support Center may be helpful for after hours questions: https://paysimple.com/support/. And, stay tuned for some big changes that will make it more helpful and even easier to navigate.

Amy O.

Work with our accounting software?

Reviewed on 24/1/2015

PaySimple would be exactly that if we could just figure out how to make it work seamlessly with our accounting software. We were told that it would work with Quickbooks back in August, but now we cannot get an answer about how to do this or when it will be available. If someone could advise us how to make this work with Quickbooks so that we did not have to enter invoices twice, that would make us very happy customers.

Pros

Cons

Not sure how to make it work with our accounting software

Response from PaySimple

Thanks for the review! if you have quickbooks online, just give the customer care team a call at 800.466.0992, option 2, and they can get you enabled! The team can also walk through other ways to use PaySimple to streamline your processes, so definitely ask. Glad that the software is working well for you! Thanks, PaySimple

Daniel S.
Industry: Retail

Paysimple Good Customer Service but with some other issues

Reviewed on 21/5/2019

Pros

-Works with multiple merchant providers
-Ease of use
-Customer Database for recurring billing
-Great reporting functionality

Cons

-Customer Service Hours
-Issues generally take a long time to resolve
-High Fees & Hidden Fees
-Has issues with customers that have complex billing situations

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10