PaySimple

Payments today. Partners for Tomorrow.

4.2 /5 (76 reviews) Write a Review!

Annie M.

Customer service is excellent, ease of use not so much

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

Excellent customer service

Pros

The software itself was okay, it had issues with check out more than I would like. However, Customer service was excellent, very attentive and not condescending at all--rare in today's world.

Cons

It was difficult to know where to go for what within the system and checkout got hung up often--not good.

Kacy S.

Pay Simple has really helped keep our billing and receiving organized.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

It's beneficial for us because our parents can set up auto pay, therefore guaranteeing we receive tuition every month on time.

Pros

We love that our parents can set up automatic payments each month for tuition. They call it the set it and forget it method. The customer service is superb! They get back to you in a timely manner and were very patient with me as I learned the new system.

Cons

Instead of depositing the funds a day or two after every payment, it would be nice to save on fees by depositing the money on set days. For us 2 x a month would work. Instead I get multiple deposits throughout the month which causes me to have to input more data entry on our accounting software. It would also be great if they could somehow link to Gradelink so I didn't have to imput the payments into every single account manually.

J. keith C.

Great for recurring payments

Reviewed on 28/12/2015

Provides an easy update and capture of pci data for recurring payments. Our primary challenge is dealing with expiring and cancelled credit cards used on long-term contracts. PaySimple makes that much easier.

Pros

strong user interface.

Cons

nothing comes to mind.

Response from PaySimple

Thanks for the feedback! Glad our product helps you stay on top of your credit card payments. You can always reach us at 800.466.0992 if you need assistance.

Andrea M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great credit card service for our school. Easy to implement and incorporate in to our website.

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

Easier for paying of school bills by parents. They love it and seem to pay in a more timely manner.

Pros

Easy of implementation and updating on website. Customers are happy with the ease of use and security. Transaction rate is wonderful for non-profit. Previous service was too expensive and took a couple of days to process payments. This is quicker and end of month statements are great.

Cons

Able to use on associated church website as well, but can't enter description into a memo line like on school website. Works, but have to have multiple items set us which is different than with the school software.

Hal F.

EASY SOLUTION WHEN CONVERTING TO VOIP SYSTEM

Reviewed on 23/3/2017

WE UPDATED OUR PHONE SYSTEM TO VOIP..NEEDED A CC SOLUTION THAT DIDN'T REQUIRE A DIAL TONE (TERMINALS)
PAY SIMPLE HELPED US ACCOMPLISH THAT...PLUS ADD CUSTOMER INFO DATABASE...AND STREAMLINED COMMUNICATION W/ THEM AND OUR STAFF.

Pros

ALWAYS ON . RELIABLE REPORTING . ALL CUSTOMER INFO IN ONE PLACE
ADDED E CHECK/ACH IS VERY HELPFUL FOR CUSTOMERS W/ TRANS LIMITS ON THEIR DEBIT CARDS.

Cons

NO DISCOUNT FOR SWIPED TRANS VS MOTO. NO INCENTIVE

Mel T.

Keeps things running without me having to pay attention

Reviewed on 15/8/2016

PaySimple's great! Software is easy to use, service team is wonderful. I have a full time job but two side projects/gigs that I need to collect payments for, so this is perfect for me because it basically runs in the background so I get paid without really needing to do much.

Pros

I use the software to collect monthly payments. It's super nice not to have to think about it and not to have to chase payments down or remember to do anything, but it's also super easy to make any changes or one off discounts.

I also use it to send out invoices, and it totally saved me last month when I realized I hadn't been paid by a customer that was normally pretty regular with payments. Honestly, I might not have even noticed and would have totally missed out.

Cons

All the basic functionality is pretty user friendly. Sometimes to find a deeper feature you have to do a little digging but their customer service team is fantastic and you can chat with them if you need help.

Response from PaySimple

Thank you for your review of the PaySimple solution! So glad that it's working well for your real estate rental collection!

Matthew W.

Unmatched customer service

Reviewed on 4/5/2018

Pros

There customer service is great! I'm not too good at dealing with programs like this but they were there to train me.

Cons

I don't know how much of this is there fault but credit card processing seems to be expensive. I think it is mostly due to the card companies though.

Young J.

Not too easy to use, but still worth the price and great customer support.

Reviewed on 2/4/2018

Pros

First, the credit card rate is very affordable; almost half of the regular POS softwares out there. Also, the customer support is beyond your expectation to help you if you are stuck.

Cons

It is little hard to use; and the application process was a little long than I anticipated. If this does not bother you, however, this software is definitely worth it!

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Worst company I've ever dealt with1

Reviewed on 15/8/2014

BUYER BEWARE!!

This company lies to it's customers and promises services that they don't offer. I tried to cancel our account within the 30 day trial period and they not only didn't issue me return on my payment but charged me for a SECOND month! I've been fighting with them to return our money and they simply are so inept at their own billing that they can't get our return processed. Horrible company, Horrible customer service. Stay away from pay simple!

Pros

None... Absolutely none

Cons

Too many to list.

Response from PaySimple

We are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience with PaySimple and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. While we don't currently offer a free trial, we want to work with you to resolve the issue you are having. Based on your comments, we believe you are already working with our team but, if not, we'd like to start the conversation. Please give our Customer Experience team a call at 800.466.0992 so that we can talk about your account specifics.

Roman I.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Unethical and far from great!

Reviewed on 29/10/2014

Potential customers should be aware that PaySimple has a policy in place of embedding a "powered by" statement (pretty common) as well as an advertisement of their services in each outgoing invoice email you send to your clients.

So aside from paying a subscription fee and payment processing fees, you'll also be advertising their business, whether you like it or not. They DO NOT offer an opt-out and have no plans to change these marketing tactics.

Pros

Platform does what it's suppose to, with little to no problems.

Cons

Their development team takes forever to fix any potential bugs and/or implement enhancements. I personally reported a bug within their system, its been over a year and it still has NOT been fixed.

Response from PaySimple

Thanks for your review. While our invoice display is in line with the industry, we respect your specific opinion. Glad that the platform works well for you and appreciate your continued feedback!

Shelly P.

Love this software!

Reviewed on 21/9/2015

Overall I think PaySimple is great! They are quick to respond when we have a question. Also, the system itself is user friendly. We use them for all our payments (monthly auto debits and in-office payments). When they do updates, they always seem to be at convenient times. :)

Response from PaySimple

Thanks Shelly, we are glad to hear our product works so well for you and your team and that you find it user friendly -- that's certainly one of our goals! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance: 1.800.466.0992

Aaron P.

Great features and affordability

Reviewed on 17/9/2015

When I started our little martial arts school, I knew what the industry expected and where things were heading. So, it was important to me to keep my costs low, without sacrificing functionality. I use PaySimple for everything from invoicing our after school programs to staying on top of automated billing each month. For $34.95/month it beats the hell out of the other big brands I've tried like First Data. Not only do I get more for less, but the customer support has been phenomenal each and every time I call.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, ability to generate reports, notices when recurring billing customers have cards that are about to expire.

Cons

Too long of a checkout process for online sales. I need to pay for Shopify in order to make the online buying process easier on potential introductory and trial members.

Response from PaySimple

Thank you Aaron for the review and feedback. We're happy to hear our customer service team has been so helpful and that our product is helping you manage your recurring billing and stay on top of payment notifications. As always, feel free to call us for any additional help: 800.466.0992.

Am S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great, but little expensive

Reviewed on 5/1/2019

Pros

It allows user to set up monthly/quarterly or annually auto-debits for recurring customers which most of business offering subscription uses.

Cons

Its expensive, the transaction charges are not competitive. In case you want negotiation over charges you need to do big transactions

Mohit S.

Easy automatic payments.

Reviewed on 27/3/2019

go for simple pay. you won't regret it.

Pros

My mainly adopted feature for PaySimple is the automatic monthly payment option. it makes me easy to collect my monthly payment from my customer.

Cons

haven't found anything from last 2+ years. It is working smoothly and their customer services is above the level. they helped me to set this initially.

Thomas C.

A surprisingly useful tool for totally managing credit cards sales.

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

I manufacture, sell, and ship industrial coatings worldwide with a strong focus on the Southern states.

Pros

It works as advertised! The dashboard only focuses on the essentials you need to know about. The overall structure of the package is utterly logical. You can easily find credit card customers, easily see how much they have purchased, all of the related invoices and the crowning glory of this product is the fact it tells you when the customer actually paid and it tells you immediately. Again the Dashboard is a major feature because it not only has charts for sales but charts for whether the sale closed relative to it being "out there, unpaid". It tracks Settlement Summary, Failed Transactions, Expiring Credit Card Schedules, Recurring Payments, Invoices ( Past Due, Paid, Unpaid, Invoices Sent, and Overdue. There is a past due invoice Aging chart, Unpaid Invoice Exposure. It is very useful to be able to "eyeball" all the possible problems when you have one page showing all the sources of a crisis.
Another positive is that they deal with the Credit Card bank, thus managing security issues such that you never have to fear the dreaded "Clawback" due to your own mistakes. A neat friendly package.
I am so used to poor service from Software companies that I expect it. The service people at Paysimple are very motivated to make you happy. This tells me the management at PaySimple is strong.

Cons

I cannot think of a complaint I have had in two years of use. I wish I could to balance this report with negatives but there are none. I do wish they had a non-credit card version. Then I could lose my existing accounting package(an expensive subscription).

Toni G.

I have used PaySimple for the last 3 yrs and have been satisfied. The customer service is...

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Pros

It is one place to do all your invoicing, receiving payments, customers can pay directly through PaySimple from our website. Also, when I have a suggestion I let them know and if at all possible, they make it happen.

Cons

The search engine has been lacking, but they have made great improvements in that area. There is a delay on the invoice page where the cursor jumps back up to the invoice number each time you click enter.

Mendy S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great software!

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

PaySimple is great! I love that it is hassle free for the customer!

Pros

I love how it takes care of payments and I don't have to think about it. Once you set it up you don't have to do anything else unless the customer needs to make changes. I love how it keeps me informed on payments that did not go through. I also love the app version so payments can be handle from my phone.

Cons

It was a little tricky to get set up but customer service is great and helped out alot! Once you get used to it, it is a breeze!

Rimona Y.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great Company

Reviewed on 23/3/2017

I have been with PaySimple for several years now and referred several businesses to them as I am very happy with their service, software and Customer Service they offer.

Pros

Cons

NA

Kelly C.

Easy to learn and use

Reviewed on 7/6/2017

Pros

This program was perfect for our company. We processed all of our merchant payments through here, and there were several tools that were available that I have not used yet.

Cons

Searching for past transactions could be improved a little. But that would be my only note on something that could be improved.

Ben D.

Great program

Reviewed on 23/3/2017

Honestly the best possible platform I could've asked for. They have a customer service team that is the best I've ever experienced. They assigned me my own representative. He actually calls me occasionally letting me know about different up dates and different things he thinks I could add to the platform.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service.

Cons

Can't edit customers orders as much on the app.

Kyle R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

ZERO INTEGRITY.

Reviewed on 3/9/2015

Called to close my account on June 14' They continue to bill my account and I just now got them to close my account on September 3rd 2015. 14 mo later I called in June of 2014 to cancel any charges to my account because I simply never used their service. We are a fairly large company with many expenses every month and I just now, on September 3rd 2015 realized that they have continued to bill my account $39.95 a month up until today. Upon calling them today, they have admitted fault however their policy is that they can only refund up to 3 months. In other words I called to cancel, confirmed everything about my identity with mine/their company to validate myself. I think everything is OK and then they try sneaking a "survey" by you through email... hoping that you do not fill it out so that they can continue to charge your account and hope you do not notice.

BOTTOM LINE-- STICK WITH A BETTER KNOWN COMPANY WHO STANDS BEHIND THEIR SERVICE, NOT A COMPANY WHO TRIES TO MAKE IT INCONVENIENT TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT JUST SO THEY CAN KEEP CHARGING IT.

Response from PaySimple

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, it will help us continue to improve our processes. We’re sorry to lose you as a customer and to hear that our cancellation process has resulted in frustration. Based on what you’ve described, it looks like our team is in contact with you, but we encourage you to call us (800) 466-0992 #2, if you have any questions regarding the resolution of your issue.

Ryan T.

Works great for my Personal Training Business

Reviewed on 24/8/2018

Can track all payments, cancel payments and even refund payments thought the site. Does everything I need it to do for my personal training business.

Pros

Very competitive fees and great for EFT's and credit card drafting. I like to be able to track payments, and see graphically how each month compares to each other.

Cons

Changing address or other profile issues. Lots of paper work and very "old school" with how it all works.

Lacey N.
  • Industry: Design

Simplified Payment System We Love

Reviewed on 23/3/2017

Pay Simple changed the way we do business. Its easy to use and our clients love it. We went from taking payments on the phone to an online payment system with credit/debit card and ACH payments. The ability we have to accept reoccurring payments also really helped and took our business to the next level.

Pros

Affordable, lower rates than other places, great customer service, easy to use and set up.

Easy to Use Payment System

Reviewed on 10/6/2018

Pros

- Easy to use
- Great support team helps with questions/integrations
- Continuous improvements and sleek design
- Great for setting up our recurring payments

Cons

Easiest to use for payment schedules for individuals and not companies and doesn't replace an accounting system if that's what you are hoping.

Jennifer R.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Best Internet Processor

Reviewed on 20/3/2017

PaySimple was not my first pick as a processor of client payments, however, I wish it had been. Since leaving PayPal I have only had good results! The customer support is excellent and the ease of use is unparalleled.

Pros

The accuracy and ease of use.

Cons

Inability to use full service (cant sent invoices) on my iPhone or iPad.