PaySimple

Payments today. Partners for Tomorrow.

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.5/5

Excellent Payment Processing Software

Reviewed on 5/7/2019

Meets my needs and overall have been very happy with this software. Really sticks to what the name says - a simple payment solution!

Pros

Great fit for any small, but growing business. Easy to set up, and use, clients seemed to like it and the customer service has been solid and very helpful with any questions.

Cons

Small changes like making it easier to search for past transactions. Right now it's a little cumbersome.

Thomas

A surprisingly useful tool for totally managing credit cards sales.

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

I manufacture, sell, and ship industrial coatings worldwide with a strong focus on the Southern states.

Pros

It works as advertised! The dashboard only focuses on the essentials you need to know about. The overall structure of the package is utterly logical. You can easily find credit card customers, easily see how much they have purchased, all of the related invoices and the crowning glory of this product is the fact it tells you when the customer actually paid and it tells you immediately. Again the Dashboard is a major feature because it not only has charts for sales but charts for whether the sale closed relative to it being "out there, unpaid". It tracks Settlement Summary, Failed Transactions, Expiring Credit Card Schedules, Recurring Payments, Invoices ( Past Due, Paid, Unpaid, Invoices Sent, and Overdue. There is a past due invoice Aging chart, Unpaid Invoice Exposure. It is very useful to be able to "eyeball" all the possible problems when you have one page showing all the sources of a crisis.
Another positive is that they deal with the Credit Card bank, thus managing security issues such that you never have to fear the dreaded "Clawback" due to your own mistakes. A neat friendly package.
I am so used to poor service from Software companies that I expect it. The service people at Paysimple are very motivated to make you happy. This tells me the management at PaySimple is strong.

Cons

I cannot think of a complaint I have had in two years of use. I wish I could to balance this report with negatives but there are none. I do wish they had a non-credit card version. Then I could lose my existing accounting package(an expensive subscription).

Kenneth
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

My Review

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

I would not choose this software or recommend it unless the above two things are fixed.

Pros

Easy to use for invoicing and the customers don't seem to have a problem with using it.

Cons

After creating a customer and then rebilling that customer several instances of their name comes up. There should be just one name that comes up. This is annoying. Also as mentioned above the ACH payments are combined and when my bank feed gets it i don't know which payments were combined. In the Reports show how the payments were combined and paid. This is important and would save me hours of time.

Toni

My PaySimple (PS) Experience

Reviewed on 20/3/2017

Our company tried two other payment systems before finding PaySimple(PS). We are very pleased with the system and the staff we have been in contact with. There have been things over the past 2-3 yrs that we would like to see changed or things that didn't meet our needs. At those times the staff have stepped in to write down our needs / suggestions and try their best to accommodate our needs. There have been many helpful changes to PS over the past 2-3 yrs that have made the system better, more efficient, and more user friendly.
The support staff has been a pleasure to work with! She is patient, caring, sincere, and knowledgeable. She goes above and beyond to meet our needs.

We are pleased with PS and would recommend PS to other companies.

Pros

Easy to learn and understand; easily accessible

Cons

There are areas that I believe need some adjusting. What page the system bounces you back to once you have completed something; on creating invoices the cursor always jumps back to invoice # after each item entered; and other minor things like that.

Susan
  • Industry: Sports

September 2021 PaySimple Review

Reviewed on 10/9/2021

PaySimple has been great for our business. Most helpful is that customer service is easily reached and very responsive. Customer service is definitely a strength in using PaySimple.

Pros

PaySimple makes it easy for our customers to make payment and view their accounts. It also is very user-friendly for our business administrator. The notifications of payment status allows for sucessful tracking of fees.

Cons

There are some features that have yet to be added. Would like to be able to delete categories without contacting the company. Trying to discover the best way to organize category items from one year to the next.

Summer

Great service!

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

Pros

My team loves how use friendly and easy it is to use. Great value. We’ve been a customer for many years!

Cons

I’d love for it to integrate with our CRM.

BarbaraAnn
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy Processing on Online Payments

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

Pros

Makes processing ACH and Credit Card payments simple

Cons

Having to wait 5 business days for ACH payments to actually post to our account

Jason
  • Industry: Hospitality

PaySimple is fantastic!

Fantastic!

Fantastic!

Pros

Set up and presentation is easy and adaptable.

Cons

Would like to have templates I can easily adapt.

Tara
  • Industry: Music

We love PaySimple!

Reviewed on 3/9/2021

PaySimple is a great asset to our business. Customer service is fantastic with quick responses to question via phone and text support. Highly recomended.

Pros

Recurring billing is by far the most useful feature for us. In combination with the online store, our clients will register and set up their recurring billing and then it goes on until cancellation. Very easy and convenient!

Cons

It's a bit complicated to give partial refunds. I with this process were easier. It's nice that there is a feature where you can add a custom field for clients but this custom field is not searchable and I wish it were.

Dillon
Dillon

Horrible Customer Service and a Paperwork Nightmare

Reviewed on 29/5/2015

PaySimple worked great for about two weeks. Then came requests for paperwork, and holds on deposits, then came the shut down with no notice. They decided my business model was incompatible with their risk factor assessment, and that the underwriters did not agree with my business model. There was no warning, just a shut down, and I am still not sure if I will get any of my customer data to continue pursuing payments.

Pros

Love the interface, it made everything look simple. I had a lot of customers and payments in the system at the time they terminated my service.

Cons

Terrible customer service. Unsure of mobile presence, they seem to have multiple apps for the same thing published. They also do not use their own card processing, but outsource it to a processor, who may or may not be compatible with your business industry. They didn't even try to tell me what was wrong when they terminated our contract.

Response from PaySimple

Thanks for your review. You are right, our software integrates with different processors who have different allowances for risk. We might be able to set you up with a more liberal processor to keep using the system, give our team a call at 800.466.0992 option 2 to speak with a rep who can see if there is an alternative or high-risk processor available. Thanks!

Tracy

PaySimple Review-A great product

Reviewed on 8/9/2021

I have never had a bad experience working with PaySimple.

I have never had a bad experience working with PaySimple.

Pros

Super easy to use. If you have issues, and no time to contact via a phone call to PaySimple, using the PaySimple chat for assistance is a breeze. I like that a lot. Calling PaySimple is easy too.

Cons

I don't care for the calendar on recurring payments. You click in it and it will take you back to the month before or even two months before on the start date.

Libby

Very useful software

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

If i have any problems or issues customer service is always available and quick to answer.

Pros

Easy to set up and get clients going. Clients can also log into their account which i like.

Cons

Could have a more modern look, i feel like its a little outdated. Wish I could issue partial cc refunds.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Better pricing
Jason

PaySimple easy to set up and use

Reviewed on 3/9/2021

We have launched a subscription program to great success.

We have launched a subscription program to great success.

Pros

The product allowed us to launch a subscription program with little development and within weeks as 90% of the required functionality was out of the box.

Cons

I wish there was more options to customize features based on user’s preferences.

I wish custom fields could be edited after they are entered.

ABC Ignite

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

Easy of launch and no development costs
Ashley
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Pay Simple Is a Great Software

Reviewed on 8/9/2021

Pros

I like how user friendly PaySimple makes the web platform. Additionally customer service is incredibly responsive and helpful.

Cons

The fact that there are two different platforms for merchant services which make the charges less transparent. You have to actively check on them to be in the know.

Reasons for Choosing PaySimple

Needed an online portal option
Ryan

Using PaySimple in a one-person Business

Reviewed on 17/9/2021

Very good - I wouldn't be able to handle my business and all the billing by myself without PaySimple.

Pros

I'm able to easily add new customers, reference existing customer's data, and set up recurring emailed invoices or recurring payments.

Cons

If a customer has a recurring invoice and they send me a physical check, if the check arrives before the payment is due I have to go thru a bunch of manual steps to create an invoice (the recurring one hasn't been created yet), then change the scheduling so the invoice that was going to come out doesn't.

David

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 29/9/2022

Pros

This is easy to use and set up. I manually enter the information from PaySimple into our Customer tracking software, and our accounting software, but it is easy to use.

Cons

I would like for them to adjust the software to be able to differentiate between credit and debit cards so that we don't have any possible legal issues due to the differences between credit and debit cards.

Gaylen

We love PaySimple's e-commerce and reporting features!

Reviewed on 17/9/2021

PaySimple's system has enabled us to collect more payments and easily follow up on outstanding invoices. Their customer service is always available and very helpful.

Pros

PaySimple's reporting system is very easy to use. It makes it easy for us to reconcile our payments with bank account deposits.

Cons

The invoicing system is still a little antiquated.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

Competitive rates and better reporting.
Julie
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Merchant Value & Options

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

PaySimple gave us the ability to easily send payments links to customers and connect with our online software.

Pros

Accessibility and ease of use for customers.

Cons

Number of steps to reprocess for a customer payment. In the past, have used systems where you could click on last customer payment, enter new amount and process with 1-2 steps.

Amanda
  • Industry: Veterinary

Payments made easy!

Reviewed on 3/9/2021

Overall we love using Paysimple. The set up was easy. Adding the pay now button on our website has made my job so much easier.

Pros

The option to pay online by check or credit card has helped us get paid faster and the clients love it!
We love that they have a choice to use a check or credit card.

Cons

We have not used the partial payment option yet. It seems like it would be a good idea we just have not had the chance to set it up.

Heather
  • Industry: Food Production

PaySimple review

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

We process payments from some of our customers who would normally send a check and the ability to pay online has made payment tracking easier.

Pros

The ease of sending a payment link to a customer and the easy to understand payment submission process.

Cons

The daily limit of $5,000 per customer.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

The ease of use and fees
Jorge
  • Industry: Sports

It’s been great for years!

Reviewed on 4/9/2021

Overall, Paysimple has great customer service and is easy to understand!

Overall, Paysimple has great customer service and is easy to understand!

Pros

The software is user friendly and does a lot to let you get a complete view of your business!

Cons

After the software was improved, I had difficulty in adapting to the new software.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Better customer Service!
Brenda

?

Reviewed on 8/9/2021

Glad its completed. Credit Card good overall service.. Speedy Medical finances....well...

Pros

Able to start new business up New business, which helped with increase in acceptance for patients that credit would not allow them otherwise financing.

Cons

Took toooo long to get Bank Information corrected. No point of contact when I had issues. At the beginning I had [SENSITIVE CONTENT] then [SENSITIVE CONTENT],,,then no one, had to explain everything to a different person EVERTIME I called.

Jared
  • Industry: Consumer Services

I wouldn't make the PaySimple mistake twice.

Reviewed on 13/6/2014

Seriously, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH PAYSIMPLE. Here is why, once you get involved with them and start processing credit cards-- it will work great for a year or two. But, then your business will change and you will want to use a different provider that will meet the needs of your company better... AND THAT is when PaySimple becomes a real pain. You see, because unlike other payment processors they will not release your customers credit card data to another payment processing firm. They say it is PCI compliance, if that were true then other payment gateways wouldn't be able to release data either. (which they can and do, because they are GOOD companies.) If they would charge be a $500 fee to release my data, so be it. I would HAPPILY pay, but they won't. Good service while it meets your needs, but once your needs change they are very unsympathetic.

Cons

Will not allow your business to grow and adjust.
Annoying, beyond belief.

Response from PaySimple

Thank you for your feedback – we’re sorry to hear about your current frustration. There are many levels of PCI Compliance that merchant providers can adhere to, and PaySimple’s system was specifically built to provide the highest level of PCI Compliant storage of cardholder data. To meet these standards, our system encrypts individual credit card numbers when they are entered, and decryption only occurs at the credit card processor level -- a very critical piece to protecting against data breaches. We understand the reasoning for wanting to export full card data, and we’re sorry this is not something we’re able to offer to your business. Our Customer Experience team will follow up with you directly with some additional details.

WILLIE

PaySimple is excellent software for taking payment and for setting up recurring payments

Reviewed on 16/6/2018

Pros

This program is a great fit for my small but growing business , the customers liked it and I loved it. I mostly used It to set up clients on auto-debit recurring payments. The fees were decent and customer support is Very Good

Cons

I received the exact services I was looking for. They promised certain things and delivered on those promises , Therefore I have no cons to list here.

Eric
  • Industry: Insurance

PaySimple Review

Reviewed on 8/9/2021

Great service and excellent product!

Great service and excellent product!

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to use. Very efficient!

Cons

None at this time. Non cons at this time.

ePayPolicy

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

Better product and pricing.