ClicData

4.7/5

Jeremy

Highly Customisable Dashboards at Pocket-Friendly Prices

Reviewed on 30/3/2017

Let's face it: there's hundreds of dashboard solutions out there, all competing for your attention. Take a close look and it's always a trade-off between functionality, ease of use, customisation options and pricing.

You'll find everything from zippy, push-button options that may or may not give you what you want to full-blown high-end tools which combine dashboard reporting with sophisticated data analysis capabilities.

Quick and easy comes with limitations in the data sources you can use, and the degree to which you can manipulate data after import. There's usually a short-list of presentation choices, often a million miles from data visualisation best practice. At the high-end comes complexity, a steep learning curve, and watch out stratospheric pricing.

Here's where ClicData excels: for an exceptionally modest price, you get connections to a long list of data sources that would satisfy all but the most unusual of requirements. You get ample options to segment, merge and manipulate data post import. You also get an ever-increasing number of customisable reporting widgets. Most importantly, in an area where most other solutions fail, you can set up your own customised templates and present your data in such a way that its easily interpreted. Yes, this is one online reporting suite capable of producing results that would even earn approval from Edward Tufte and Stephen Few.

Is there a downside to ClicData? Only if you don't have the time to invest in setting things up properly at the start and learning how to get the most out of this clever program. That time will pay enormous dividend, while not requiring the programming and analytics skills that other platforms do.

Of course, as with any platform, just how long your set up takes will depend on what you are trying to achieve, and how much time you want to spend in getting things perfect. But what's outstanding about ClicData is that you can produce perfect interactive dashboards, and at a price that will get quick approval from your accounting department.

Pros

Customisation options, flexibility, price.

Cons

Could also offer simple template-driven solutions for those with simple needs looking for a push-button solution.

Kris

Fantastic Tool!

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

Combining Data Manipulation AND Dashboards in one solution is great!
Data Manipulation: You need...

Combining Data Manipulation AND Dashboards in one solution is great!
Data Manipulation: You need to learn SQL for many of the Data Transformations. I'm okay at VBA and had ZERO SQL experience coming into ClicData. I'm getting better at SQL but could only imagine what I could do if I knew SQL better.

Data Refresh: Our data auto updates with with scheduled refreshes with cloud services (SFDC, Smartsheet) and through scheduled emails with attached data from our LMS (Data by Email).

Dashboards: I had zero experience creating dashboards before ClicData. As with anything I've improved vastly over time. When I need a new dashboard, I just select an existing one that is close to what I want, hit `Duplicate' and change the data source(s). Super simple.

I am able to amaze my coworkers on a regular basis thanks to ClicData.
I cannot recommend it enough.

Pros

Combines Data Manipulation and Dashboards. Flexibility. Setup once and everything auto updates.

Cons

It's hard to call it a con, but not having a SQL person really slowed us down.

• Used for 6-12 months

Clic work in progress

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

Overall decent, but I moved on to Tableau which is quite powerful.

Overall decent, but I moved on to Tableau which is quite powerful.

Pros

I liked the gauges and appearance of the software. It could look good quickly, which appealed to me.

Cons

Functionality was mixed. Some features and functions were solid, others yet to come or hard to utilize.

Gao Rui
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Powerful tool with great support but steep learning curve.

Reviewed on 1/3/2022

I love the support I get, I love being able to create plenty of easy to consume visualizations that makes data analysis quick and easy.

Pros

It's powerful. I can do a lot with it. It helps me distribute our data in easy to understand visualizations to our clients.

Connects to my data files on OneDrive, PostGreSQL easily.

Single Sign-On (SSO) works perfectly with Wordpress. When Faced with issue of setting up, they worked with our other vendors from our Stack to find a solution.

Technical Support Team has all been really helpful in finding solutions to my requirements.

Cons

We had a lot of issues with the SSO at first, but the solution was a simple and easy fix (our canaccess data did not match MiniOrange's)

There are a lot of features and functions but it requires tweaking and exploring.

Anoop

Best ever tool which allows us to do end to end automation within a single ecosystem

Reviewed on 14/2/2022

Pros

1. End to end automation
2. Less Manual Intervention
3. Performance
4. Customer Support
5. New features
6. Our team who worked on PowerBI and Tableau (Market leaders not actually though) appreciated our tool in terms of adaptation and Self Service platform
7. Customization and many more

Cons

1. I think we should do lots of Marketing of our product
2. Conduct Proficiency test on online leaning platforms (How it is going to help beginners and for the folks who worked on clicData for decent amount of time, conducting Proficiency test would give them confidence)

Bryan
  • Industry: Machinery

Very happy with the software

Reviewed on 10/6/2019

This tool is allowing us to access raw data from SAP and present it on an hourly or daily basis as needed. This is giving us vital information to help us run our operations

Pros

The data processing capabilities are amazing. You need to be prepared to invest some time into learning how the tool works, but after that you will never have any issue presenting data in a meaningful way.

Cons

This is the only dashboard tool I have used so it is difficult to identify any weak areas.

Polo

Leaving spreadsheets behind.

Reviewed on 19/6/2019

It helped us to switch from spreadsheets to dashboard in a format that is more secure, easier and stable. In some way our team can skip programming, to focus on designing user oriented dashboards.

Pros

The data transformation tool set has a lot of options and are easy to use. For an Excel user at the beginning it seems odd, but rapidly you realize that the classic spreadsheet software is not the tool to deliver information to your users. Add to this a great low price and a good set of widgets to build your dashboards, and you can build almost any dashboard.

Cons

Although there are ways to make your dashboards responsive to filter by clicking on the screen, it should be more easy to set up.

Clic Hospitality

Reviewed on 1/3/2022

the benefit is the capability to create any dashboard in terms of minute so solve any question in minutes and be very reactive when the clients are asking dieep data analysis

Pros

the system is operational with all inclusive in one click minute and constantly improving. the simplicity of the dashboard to build for a technical person is enough to build in minute one ad hoc analysis

Cons

the system is not very performing well in terms of speed if you have lot of filters in the normal cloud online team config - I have always to reduce the number of rows to 10000 to get an normal user experience

I used ClicData to run performance dashboards for my team on a daily basis.

Reviewed on 25/10/2017

Pros

The integrations with other software and web pages made it really easy to keep the dashboard updated and the amount of customisable options is a great feature.

Cons

Some of the UI isn't hugely intuitive and there were a few times there were glitches with some of the intergrations.

Lots of features and possibilities.

Reviewed on 25/10/2017

Clicdata makes it easy to make reports on KPI's of our selfes and for our costumers.

Pros

The drag and drop makes it easy to do a lot of stuf. Even to make interactive boards is easy.
And if you can't figure it out, there is an excellent support desk.

Cons

For a bit more complicated stuf you need to know some coding. Sometimes that is a bit hard for a dummy like me. But support is excellent.

• Industry: Consumer Services

ClicData an easy to use BI

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

It's really good to have a BI in your company as usually the CRM only gives you data but reporting is not that accurate.

Pros

ClicData is easy to use and develop the needed reports, you can integrate with different databases and get complex calculations sorted and real-time data. The support is really good.

Cons

The dashboards are not easy to customize by the user, which makes more work for the admin make the required or desired changes

Plecto

Reasons for Switching to ClicData

The comparison price and benefit made it the best alternative.
Peter
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Good web reporting that's getting better all the time

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

We've been using Clicdata for 3 years and have seen the platform really evolve. There are many more widgets and connectors available today, enough so i've always been able to display data in the format/method i wanted to. Every interaction with their customer support has been positive.

Pros

The dashboards widgets you can use to create the dashboards are comprehensive and very customizable. All widgets look modern and perform well. Many, many data connectors available. Customer support is responsive and fast.

Cons

Documentation is lacking. Very few examples of functions that are used in widgets. This is somewhat alleviated by responsive customer service, ask them a question (chat is available) and they will help you do whatever you are trying to do. I would prefer comprehensive documentation for each widget and more examples of functions.

Pratham
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

The best online customer service tool with fantastic and intuitive UI/UX

Reviewed on 16/2/2023

For both internal and external business issues, we utilise ClicData. We use internal metrics from multiple data sources to measure KPIs. In order to give our users access to data that benefits their businesses, we also link data. Our organisation moves forward thanks to real-time project progress tracking, financial KPI updates, health and safety statistics, and data visualisation. We can integrate Podio workspace components with client-specific dashboards in an accessible fashion thanks to ClicData.

Pros

ClickData is user-friendly and one of the only programmes of its kind that supports a direct live connection to an MS Access database. We adore the cloud-based architecture and user experience of Clicdata. We were delighted to choose them because they outperformed every other programme we had looked at. The most well-liked services are highly customizable and provide a huge selection of widgets, data export capability, Google Maps connection, and data source connectors.

Cons

Since the documentation is inadequate, one might need to contact the support staff. Additionally, greater adaptability is needed if the package has to include a function, such as extra storage, etc. Google Maps's drawbacks, lack of overall legitimacy, poor downtime communication, inconsistent push-to-email, dashboard download issues, and low-quality downloads

Emmanuel

First steps with Clic Data

Reviewed on 1/3/2022

Pros

I tried several solutions for Dataviz and reporting solutions. Clic Data is merging with success a poweful tool and very helpful and professional teams in order to answer to all our needs !

Cons

This tool need to be set by Clic data teams first if you are not a specialist in data connection. It has always been ok for me as the teams and the support is very reactive !

Octoboard for Agencies and Swydo

Reasons for Switching to ClicData

Price vs Power
Sherry

A complete package for startups

Reviewed on 9/2/2017

We started using clicdata a year back and found it difficult to start with but as we started working on it, we found it more and more useful and relevant to out requirements and loved the way it gives the opportunity to automate the entire process. There are certain functionalities which needs improvement but i guess ClicData is doing Great Job.

Pros

I like the widget functionalities and the way I can format them. Then i like the kind of flexibility it provides around the widgets (visible n invisible)

Cons

There are some basic things missing - like no widget of drawing a line and working with formulas is difficult

Alessandro

Handy tool for web data

Reviewed on 18/6/2019

Pros

Semplicity, the native web integration, the possibility of including pages with report in a web frame.

Cons

Sometime is slow, all the data must be stored on remote cloud, the tables have sometime strange behaviours with column with ad totals, the object are not easy to place inside the grid.

Chris
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

ClicData

Reviewed on 27/2/2019

We moved all our excels online to Clic Data, our data loads in the morning via multiple sources and is available to all our Area Managers and Store managers with Store Specific restrictions in place.

Pros

The ease of creating a dashboard for multiple users with different restrictions that I can apply, the best attribute about ClicData is the support, its phenomenal! they don't just give the answer, they explain and break it down.

Cons

some of the conditional formatting features are lacking.. top 2 bottom 2 doesn't exist yet which we use a lot to quickly identify top and bottom performers.

Ben
  • Industry: Industrial Automation
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Value for your Money

Reviewed on 8/2/2017

The learning curve is not bad compared to the alternative. Being able to connect to virtually any data source is huge. I tested multiple vendors from paid to free to open source and found this was the best. There is not clunky desktop program and licensing issues like Tableau. Everything is configured through your browser and just works. I have 60+ dashboards and haven't found something it cannot do. Even if you do find something, you make a request to their support team and you get what you need.

A+ support, development and product. Highly recommend

Pros

Support, developers and ease of use. Flexibility is key

Cons

Would like to have more chart and control objects.

Whit
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Clicdata Business Intelligence Software

Reviewed on 8/2/2017

Clicdata has revolutionized the way we capture and view data. Our processes have become more automated and decisions are made with more wisdom and more rapidly than ever before.

Pros

it is affordable and full of great features

Cons

Nothing. It is really great!

Albert

Quality Clouds

Reviewed on 8/2/2017

We have been using it for quite long now and we find it easy to use and worth the money we are paying. As new features come along, that's really good.

Pros

easy to use; great support; visibility of the product development pipeline and possibility to influence it

Cons

release management not solved; tables scroll bars too thin; not possible to align objects in the forms;

John

Good value for basic dashboards

Reviewed on 3/11/2017

Pros

The price is very reasonable if only simple dashboards are needed. It is very easy to add and remove users. Users can easily navigate between dashboards.

Cons

I need ClicData team to modify or customize the existing reports. ClicData cannot visualize complicated data analysis

Todd
  • Used for 2+ years

Excellent value, great way to create a dashboard

Reviewed on 30/3/2018

Originally free, and now inexpensive ability to create management dashboards

Originally free, and now inexpensive ability to create management dashboards

Pros

Customer service has been excellent for me. Any question or issue I've had has been addressed quickly and reliably. Including "how do I do this?" questions.

Cons

Can't say I have anything in particular I have complaints about. I created my original dashboards a couple of years ago and now only update the data. There have many updates and new features added I have not taken advantage of yet.

Werner

Best BI software for getting things done

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

Performance Reporting and creating portals

Performance Reporting and creating portals

Pros

Easy to use - Great Support - Fast prototyping

Cons

People have mental blocks when it comes to using BI software.

More tutorial videos would be useful

Gina

Very Happy

Good implementation team and resources with little to no downtime

Good implementation team and resources with little to no downtime

Pros

Easy to implement and flexible to accomodate needs of customers

Cons

Issues trying to pay bills.... trying to pay the bill and keep getting notices we will be shut off but issue is on clicdata's end

Can't recommend enough

Reviewed on 8/6/2016

We use ClicData to bring our business data together from different sources in order to display it to relevant people. We have managed to create some professional looking dashboards for use both internally and externally, all with relative ease.

It helps to have knowledge of SQL and Excel syntax (although some of it is slightly different) in order to manipulate the data but the options are seemingly limitless.

It is regularly updated with new features and if you find something it doesn't do, their excellent support staff will probably incorporate it within a few weeks. Their support throughout my learning curve journey was excellent and that continues to be the case now I'm relatively fluent with it.

I would say that it is fantastic for the money but I'd be doing it an injustice. I would give it the same review, were it considerably more expensive (don't tell them that though, they might put up their prices!).

All in all, a fantastic bit of kit and I look forward to using it for so many other projects in the future.

Pros

Support
Functionality
Try before you buy

Cons

We had a few issues with dropping connectivity to our Oracle database but this was sorted (and was probably down to our connection anyway) so none!