4.6
Aaron P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Dashboard Stars

Reviewed on 9/8/2020

Pros

We recommend ClicData to all our clients who want to build quick dashboard solutions.

Cons

We did not have any negative feedback on the product overall a great solution.

Jeremy T.

Highly Customisable Dashboards at Pocket-Friendly Prices

Reviewed on 30/3/2017

Let's face it: there's hundreds of dashboard solutions out there, all competing for your attention. Take a close look and it's always a trade-off between functionality, ease of use, customisation options and pricing.

You'll find everything from zippy, push-button options that may or may not give you what you want to full-blown high-end tools which combine dashboard reporting with sophisticated data analysis capabilities.

Quick and easy comes with limitations in the data sources you can use, and the degree to which you can manipulate data after import. There's usually a short-list of presentation choices, often a million miles from data visualisation best practice. At the high-end comes complexity, a steep learning curve, and watch out stratospheric pricing.

Here's where ClicData excels: for an exceptionally modest price, you get connections to a long list of data sources that would satisfy all but the most unusual of requirements. You get ample options to segment, merge and manipulate data post import. You also get an ever-increasing number of customisable reporting widgets. Most importantly, in an area where most other solutions fail, you can set up your own customised templates and present your data in such a way that its easily interpreted. Yes, this is one online reporting suite capable of producing results that would even earn approval from Edward Tufte and Stephen Few.

Is there a downside to ClicData? Only if you don't have the time to invest in setting things up properly at the start and learning how to get the most out of this clever program. That time will pay enormous dividend, while not requiring the programming and analytics skills that other platforms do.

Of course, as with any platform, just how long your set up takes will depend on what you are trying to achieve, and how much time you want to spend in getting things perfect. But what's outstanding about ClicData is that you can produce perfect interactive dashboards, and at a price that will get quick approval from your accounting department.

Pros

Customisation options, flexibility, price.

Cons

Could also offer simple template-driven solutions for those with simple needs looking for a push-button solution.

Peter L.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Good web reporting that's getting better all the time

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

We've been using Clicdata for 3 years and have seen the platform really evolve. There are many more widgets and connectors available today, enough so i've always been able to display data in the format/method i wanted to. Every interaction with their customer support has been positive.

Pros

The dashboards widgets you can use to create the dashboards are comprehensive and very customizable. All widgets look modern and perform well. Many, many data connectors available. Customer support is responsive and fast.

Cons

Documentation is lacking. Very few examples of functions that are used in widgets. This is somewhat alleviated by responsive customer service, ask them a question (chat is available) and they will help you do whatever you are trying to do. I would prefer comprehensive documentation for each widget and more examples of functions.

ClicData provided us with a simple way to present our team members with concise KPI data

Reviewed on 30/3/2018

It allowed us to take complex data sets from SQL and create a series of complex cross tabular queries and present them in simple to interpret KPI reports. It is reliable and simple to use once familiar with it and the data loader insures that the data for reports is as up to date as it needs to be.

Pros

Its easy to use and gives great flexibility. It allows up to create custom reports and present them in a easy to interpret manner that makes it easy for our supervisors and team members to identify areas for improvement in performance.

Cons

I am happy with the software and did not find any major cons. It would be helpful to have had a more detailed user manual that could be downloaded, but the support desk responsiveness more than makes up for this.

Bryan G.
Industry: Machinery

Very happy with the software

Reviewed on 10/6/2019

This tool is allowing us to access raw data from SAP and present it on an hourly or daily basis as needed. This is giving us vital information to help us run our operations

Pros

The data processing capabilities are amazing. You need to be prepared to invest some time into learning how the tool works, but after that you will never have any issue presenting data in a meaningful way.

Cons

This is the only dashboard tool I have used so it is difficult to identify any weak areas.

Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

ClicData, create and share reports

Reviewed on 9/4/2018

I could quickly and easily distribute reports to a number of users

Pros

While I used the free version of ClicData, all the functionality I needed were present. ClicData, even as a new user is easy to use. The reporting data can be uploaded to Clic in the form of a csv. The data can them be manipulated in order to only show the necessary information. There are a range of widgets to display data in an easy and clear format with heatmaps. Multiple different reports can be created, even on the free version. The page layout can be adjusted for different devices i.e desktops, tablets and mobiles. This, paired with the ability to publish and share reports via a URL, allows users to quickly distribute information. While this information is read only, the owner of the report can quickly make amendments which will be reflected instantly in the live URL.

Cons

The only downside of the free version is the watermark is always present when reports are published however, while clear, this doesn't distract the user from the information displayed.

Jim S.
Industry: Computer Software

Great value for money!

Reviewed on 1/3/2017

From the day I signed up for the free trial to today, ClicData has been amazing to work with, both in terms of the software and the support. The software is extremely easy to use and provides me with all the functionality I need to build beautiful reports and dashboards and I was able to get my first dashboard up and running within hours of getting started with no training other than what was available on their support pages. When I did run into questions about how to do certain things, I submitted my request through their online ticketing system and received the help I was looking for in a very timely manner. Their support staff was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and responsive in both email and over the phone. Although there may be some perceived limits in functionality, I have not found that to be an issue and am able to do everything I need, including some more advanced things I wasn't expecting to be supported. Additionally, the pace of innovation at ClicData appears to be such that any gaps that do exist, won't exist for long as this software just keeps getting better and better with each new release. Don't let the price tag fool you... this product is everything you need to meet you reporting needs and is great value for money, especially when you consider that you don't need any servers, data warehouses, or locally installed software.

Pros

Cons

Licenses are required for secured viewing of reports and dashboards (named users), but given the price, it's not that big of a deal.

Facundo alberto A.
Industry: Restaurants

Easy BI platform

Reviewed on 10/6/2019

Clicdata was the inflection point that divided a before and after talking about the understanding of my business.-

Pros

Ease of use is one of the most appreciated characteristics in a BI software by someone who isn't a software engineer.-

Cons

I had some problems because I couldn't automate the update of the information but it's due to not open APIs and not related to the platform itself.

Sarah B.

ClicData has helped me to easily share important performance measures with the rest of the team.

Reviewed on 1/4/2018

Pros

I like the ability to easily convert excel sheets into visually appealing, easy to understand, shareable dashboards. I also like that ClicData seems to be continuously evolving; they have regular updates that I find to be helpful/ useful changes.

Cons

I very much like that there is an api for using Survey Monkey, however I find it to be challenging to use the data from this source without significant manual manipulation. I wish this particular crossover required less attention.

Andrew H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Provide deeper functions for more experience users

Reviewed on 10/6/2019

We use Clicdata as a tool to show our clients their own data, sometimes that is through custom reports but most of the time that is through reports that are the same for all clients. But creating a set of dashboards that all filter the data for a specific client hasn't been easy.

Pros

Easy to get first dashboard set up. We were able to connect a data source and create a dashboard in minutes.

Cons

Should allow users with a programming background more access to element controls.

Sheridan S.
Industry: Facilities Services

Outstanding reports

Reviewed on 18/6/2019

This enables us to provide real-time dashboards and information across all of our clients

Pros

Functionality and ease of use - plus the look of the dashboards

Cons

There actually isn’t anything that I can think of for this secrion

Richard K.
Industry: Financial Services

My experience with ClicData

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Pros

We have published with easy several reports and dashboards by linking ClicData to our SQL Data Warehouse. It is easy to write the data collections and reports. The more complicated task is selecting from the many widgets available to best represent the results we want to highlight.

Cons

Not really an issue with the tool but I've not been successful yet at getting others involved is writing their own reports and setting up their own dashboards. We're still working on that as an organization.

Neil K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Happy ClicData User

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

Overall we're very happy with ClicData. Able to get a real overview of business on a single dashboard in real-time.

Pros

Able to merge data from different data sources.

Cons

UI is a little "dated". An update using some of the latest web functionality would be nice.

Ken S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Ease of use and great support!

Reviewed on 7/8/2016

ClicData has been a gem in the rough. I can't speak more highly about the product and the support. Support is responsive and new features keep on rolling out. Keep up the good work!

Pros

Ease of use.
Support.

Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Recommended ClicData Dashboard

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 9/3/2019

Pros

-Easy connection setting
-Easy use
-Our management easy to see data from Clicdata Dashboard
-Support always available in 24 hours

Cons

-We are using Clicdata in the last 3 years. One dashboard that we create in the first year can be full screen automatically in the web-browser. Now, it does not adjust the display automatically in the web-browser.
-in dashboard creation/edition, when I change the data structure, I need to set again Format (Series, Columns/Rows header, Values, etc). It consumes my time.

Patrick F.

Amazing Team

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Support is amazing. You never get off the line, or chat, without a solution to your issue. Rep is brilliant, she has an uncanny ability of 'seeing' your data, and what you are looking to accomplish, and creating the most efficient and usable means of getting it.

Pros

It's potential. Not everything is apparent, but there is always a method to achieve what you are looking to do.

Cons

Not the most intuitive, but this is stretching as a con... you can't make something as powerful as this 100% easy to consume.

Alexandre M.

A wonderful tool that allows you to view the business quickly and directly.

Reviewed on 24/10/2017

The main benefit is to have the information of the company in few screens, in a simple, compact and beautiful way. Extreme ease of use and creation of dashboards.

Pros

Ease of use and support agility.
Various database connections make it easy to send information....

Cons

Some calculations require complex solutions. Some widgets could have more options, such as knowing the highest value of a drilldown table.

Sergey I.

ClicData Review

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Our clients love their marketing dashboards!

Pros

Very flexible software. You can literally customize anything and create dashboards of any kind for any objective.

Cons

Takes time to learn and get used to, especially if you are not a data whiz, but manageable and their support is great!

Josh S.

Great, full featured BI Analytics Dashboard

Reviewed on 8/2/2017

Overall we are happy with the ClicData platform. At first it can be frustrating as there is a steep learning curve. You have to learn the proper syntax for formulas and all the intricacies of how the product works. Support has been willing to help with many of our early questions and assistance in setting up. Once you get the hang of it, the visualizations and dashboards that can be built can be very useful. I looked at a lot of other competitors and ClicData has comparable functionality at a much lower price point. If you're willing to put in the time and have patience to learn what you need to accomplish your goals, it is worth the price.

Cor B.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

Easy, quite complete and short learning curve

Reviewed on 15/8/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We started with the free version, which is complete enough of our purposes. Looking at the features of paid versions, we know that a professional growth lies ahead.

Pros

Clicdata is very easy to use, looks and feals professional. The designer interface is very handy and easy to use. Most functions or features are easy to find and use.

Jeff H.

It is extremely flexible and functional

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 3/11/2017

Data that helps me decide what to do next in my business.

Pros

There's not anything I can think of that I can't create with my data. Being able to pull in information from multiple data sources to compile real metrics to run my business is awesome.

Cons

There's so much I can do with it, it's a little tough to focus in and get simple dashboards done. Having a "getting started" type of interface may be useful, rather than having access to everything.

Jenna F.

Moderate

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Pros

All dashboards on the opening screen. It makes it easy to access many numbers at once.

Cons

It refreshes too often clearing the current dashboard sections. It is set to open only but url. You cannot save multiple dashboards

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Elliot G.
Industry: Hospitality

Really impressed

Reviewed on 6/5/2019

Pros

We are extremely impressed with ClicData.

It’s a fantastic product and is making a real difference to the way we report on data business wide.

The team there have been fantastic in helping us get set up with various dashboards and we’re now in a position we have a good chunk of all of our reporting coming through ClicData.

Cons

They could improve user guides and up to date materials to support new users to the software.

Ashish A.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Experience! It does almost everything the (way) more than the same softwares in this space.

Reviewed on 6/4/2018

Pros

The designer interface is very smooth and user friendly. It provides ease of using most of its functionalities and features. Looks and feels are very professional.

Cons

Import limits were a bit restrictive for the lower-level paid subscriptions. It would really help to have more diverse pricing options or pay per use model can also work.

Michael P.
Industry: Accounting

ClicData

Reviewed on 4/7/2019

Pros

It was easy to setup dashboards once we connected the data

Cons

It was very difficult to connect the data to our CRM. It required a buildout, however, competitor softwares had native integrations.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10