Lavu POS Reviews

Lavu POS

Cloud-based iPad POS system for the restaurant industry

4.1/5

Amazing and efficient service

Reviewed on 19/7/2023

Amazing

Amazing

Pros

Everything : fast and efficient and reasonably price

Cons

Nothing ; we are very happy in particular with [sensitive content hidden]

TouchBistro

Price and efficiency

Price and efficiency

Response from Lavu

Hi Giuseppe, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear that everything has been amazing! As always please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Thank you again!

Candy

Lavu POS review

Reviewed on 12/7/2022

overall Lavu is great. The staff is always looking for ways to improve the system & takes events when they come up and handles them to the best of their ability

Pros

Integration from our old Pos was simple.
Being able to add pictures of products or change color of box to help locate the items faster
Ability to change prices, product name, add new product with ease.
Ability to check/change anything from anywhere is a plus

Cons

When the internet is out, tickets don't print to the kitchen or credit cards aren't able to be run.
When happy hour times are up, you can still increase product quantity.
Having a large food menu, along with a large bar selection has us set up with several tabs & it makes it hard to be fast entering in orders.

Response from Lavu

Hi Candy, thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate hearing about your experience with Lavu, and that it helps you streamline your restaurant's operations!

Guy
  • Used for 1+ year

Stay Away!

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

I purchased a complete system from LAVU on April 2019 with the intent to upgrade my existing POS from CAKE which served me well the first 4 years of running my restaurant, but being somewhat of a basic system I started feeling like it was holding me back. LAVU was running a 50% off on hardware so I called and spoke to a salesperson. Let me tell you, I wish I had recorded the conversations, as there was very little in common between what was verbally promised and what was actually delivered, VERY LITTLE! Typical sales tactics, they put extreme pressure on you to sign up (do it in the next 6 hours or the promotion expires), give you practically no time to read the fine print, and all of a sudden you find yourself in a 3 years contract with ridicules early termination penalties and a service provider that is incapable of delivering half of what was promised. They count on you not having the time or resources to take them to court. Last remaining hardware piece originally promised arrived 5 months later! Thank god I kept my CAKE system going or I would have gone out of business. Their customer service is of the lowest level you would ever see, especially from an IT company, they provide practically no solutions to issues or a very vague future fix, and their system keeps crashing leaving you with no ability to run your business mid-day and with no warning, time after time. They send you system-wide emails apologizing saying their system was hacked and therefore the interruption i

Pros

There are no Pros, this is an awful system and the worst customer service / sales team in the industry

Cons

Be very careful when they offer you interest free financing for the hardware, that's how they trick you into paying the software fee for 3 years in advance with NO way out

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

Was looking for a more robust system

CAKE POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Their sales people promise the world and then some. You find out way too late they can't deliver.

Response from Lavu

Hi Guy, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing how Lavu worked for your business, and what can be improved.

Melissia
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Awesome service

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

Great experience I will definitely be spreading the word! THANK YOU [sensitive content hidden] AND TEAM!

Pros

I loved how fast and easy the process was [sensitive content hidden] set me and another person up at the same time very quickly and efficiently

Cons

Nothing awesome service. I will be spreading the word.

Response from Lavu

Hi Melissia, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Lavu. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your support. If you have any further feedback or suggestions, feel free to reach out. We value your input as we strive to continually enhance our services.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Former Lavu User

Reviewed on 17/7/2020

Overall, for the two years the system was satisfacotry. Until recenlty it was for the current management at the restaurant. The dealer is helpful - he is our first line of tech support before we go to KLAvu for support.

Pros

I liked using Lavu because it was the first POS for the restaurant where I worked. While I was employed there I used the system for 2 years. The set up was easy as the dealer came to the restaurant and set it up and did a one day training for the staff.

Cons

They system seems to have alot of glitches. Recently, the restaurant reported to me that they had a glitch and lost printers. Tech support finally helped and got the printers up but somehow lost half the menu. Also, I have witnessed personally that the sales tax is charging out properly.

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

We needed better reporting and labor tracking.

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

The fees and support were better by Lavu at the time.

Response from Lavu

Hello and thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and we are happy that Lavu worked so well for your business.

Brian
  • Industry: Restaurants

Good product, hard to find anything that compares.

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Pretty good experience overall. Over the years we've had communication issues. There have been some price increases and fees snuck in that I wasn't happy about. I can usually read between the lines and see when they are doing things to attempt to make.. and they haven't always been the most upfront about it. I usually call them out on it and at times have had to email the[SENSITIVE CONTENT] about issues that weren't getting resolved. I will say he's immediately gotten on the issues each and every time I've email and gotten me taken care of. Years ago there were some pretty bad issues with the service going offline and we were totally down. This has gotten 1000% better since they switched to AWS hosting. We did have another several hour outage recently, but that's the first and only one in years.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, stable for the most part. We've been using the software for 7+ years I believe. Over time we've integrated and started using more and more of their products such as KDS and card processing. Recently restructured their pricing and we now get the same service for less!

Cons

At times, certain things could be easier. I don't think the pizza building is perfect and could still use work. This goes for both Lavu and MenuDrive. We make it work and they've made lots of improvements over the years with help from our input.

Response from Lavu

Hi Brian! First off, I'd like to thank you for your continued business, and for your feedback! We really appreciate your comments, and we are continuously improving our product to fit the needs of each customer.

Shanon

iPad based POS

Reviewed on 24/5/2023

Fantastic!! Editing my menu has never been so easy!!

Fantastic!! Editing my menu has never been so easy!!

Pros

Ease of use and service so far. No problems so limited need for service. But when we call fast and efficient!!

Cons

We chose to only have payment devices on the stations and not on the iPad case due to added cost. Now wonder if we should have gone with all.

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

In person rep for service and install.

In person rep.

Response from Lavu

Hi Shanon, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu so far! We are so glad to hear that everything is going well. As always, please reach out to customer support if you need anything. Thanks, again!

Debbie
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

❤️ LAVU❤️ It's a must for your Bar/Restaurant!

Reviewed on 2/9/2023

We, as a business, Love our new system..I would recommend this system to anyone. We was treated by respect and professionalism from are 1st phone call.Beginning with basic information: explaining everything in detail, sending us videos and answering all our questions. We researched many other POS systems and LUVA was hands-down our first choice because of their fast response and the details they offered.

Pros

Everything! It's so user friendly. Reports are amazing. Makes book keeping a breeze. This system will track everything from sales, inventory, hours worked into great detailed reports. Our bartenders love it. Screen are easily read, and so easy to use.

Cons

There are a few problems we found with splitting and merging tickets. A simple call to tech and was fixed with in minutes. We also have a few things that we can't charge taxes or credit card fees on. You will have call tech to remove these these charges.

Response from Lavu

Hi Debbie, thanks so much for sharing! We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience so far. As always, if you are ever in need of support, please reach out!

Jason

True review! With Lavu

Reviewed on 29/7/2023

Processing is a little pricey than most competitors. Took way too long to set up, but once it is ready to go we like it. We will see how it is live with the restaurant, I cannot say how that will turn out yet since we are not open yet.

Pros

Features, easy to use and price is fair. Just wish we could purchase our own iPad. I like how it is open sourced with any other company as well most competitors are limited with that.

Cons

Customer service was horrendous with employees being fired or no one following up with meetings. Webgot shuffled to the side and delayed our restaurant to get ready. Basically something that was told us in sales vs real life was very different. Onboarding took about 5 months vs what was told us 3 weeks. In all fairness, we had Nazia that took over the account and did an amazing job. Rest of teams we talked to seemed they were not trained well, or rotating staff.

Response from Lavu

Hi Jason, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu. We are sorry to hear that the experience did not go as planned, but are glad to hear that Nazia did an amazing job. Please reach out if there is anything we can do for you!

Enddia
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

[sensitive content hidden] did an amazing job

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

Pros

How fast and easy it was to get set up and get my business processing payments

Cons

I currently do not have any cons at this point in time

Response from Lavu

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Lavu. We're happy to hear that everything has gone well. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to our team. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your support!

Jason

Save Your Money

Reviewed on 20/8/2021

Pros

I was an existing customer since the inception of Lavu in 2012.

Cons

I purchased the system in 2012. Lavu offered a wireless system when they first came out. I soon learned if you sent a big ticket to the kitchen, it wouldn't print. Lavu advised the system needed to be hardwired for the printers to work properly.
I was a gold member when I signed up. I was told my price would never be higher than [Sensitive Content] per month. This turned out, not to be true.
The system worked flawlessly until about 2018. Lavu would frequently go down, offline, drop printer IP addressees, rogue attacks etc. In 2018 and 2019 I lost a lot of money thanks to Lavu.
I closed as most restaurants did in 2020 due to Covid. During the months I was open I noticed one month Lavu would auto debit my account for [Sensitive Content] one month, [Sensitive Content] the next. In March of 2021 to avoid these random charges I paid Lavu a year in advance. It was around [Sensitive Content] for service and a monthly charge for using up to 5 devices. In June 2021 I had to close and sale the business for a loss. I contacted Lavu to refund my money, and they refused. Don't do business with this company.

Response from Lavu

Hi Jason, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you had to close down your restaurants, and that we were not able to issue a refund at the time. We appreciate your business for almost 10 years, and would love to hear from you. Please reach out so we can see what can be done.

John
  • Industry: Hospitality

[sensitive content hidden] is the best!!!

Reviewed on 22/2/2023

The best. [sensitive content hidden] is always there when i need the help, plus it has been a seamless transition

Pros

How simple the product is to use is why we choose lavu

Cons

the security settings are not detailed enough for modifying it to meet my needs better

Revel Systems

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

I like how simple lavu is

Revel Systems

Response from Lavu

Hi John - thank you for your feedback, we love to hear it! We're so happy we could help your restaurant streamline operations.

Jamison

Worst POS System Ever

Reviewed on 20/1/2022

Horrendous. Customer Service pressures retention on cancellations - then they fraudulently charge bank accounts after the fact. T Their CEO spams all account holders each week with cringe-worthy emails. Lavu is an embarrassment to the POS industry. LAVU is a shady company at best and a headache for any real restaurant at worst.

Pros

There are NO Pros for this POS. Never using the software is the best Pro out there.

Cons

After canceling the software - they kept charging our accounts for months. When confronted about the charges and after submitting confirming emails, they stated the charges were approved but offer no proof even though email confirmations from their own AR show the opposite. Customer Service might be the worst in the business. Told us they would return our call in 1 business day to rectify the situation and they finally replied 3 weeks later - Drained over $300 directly from our accounts. STAY AWAY

Response from Lavu

Hi Jamison, thank you for being a customer of Lavu for more than two years, but I am very sorry to hear how bad your experience was, especially towards the end of your use of us. I do apologize on behalf of the customer support team if you were not contacted in a timely manner, or communications were not clear. We would be happy to sort any remaining issues out, so please let us know if that is something you are interested in.

Clay
  • Industry: Restaurants

Stay away. This company is so unorganized and the customer support has gone WAY downhill.

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

I just wanted to inform people of my experience. I wouldn't recommend using this company to anyone. Borderline criminal activity. After I decided to stop using them they continue to keep charging my card every month and when I call in to get this stopped and ask for a refund I just get looped around in circles. It honestly has taken me 10-15x of me calling in to finally get someone who will eventually refund my card. To be honest that was for the first time and the second time they still haven't even refunded me. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with.

Pros

The cost was the only benefit of this software when I launched it 2 years ago. After they increased the pricing (with absolutely no warning) it was inline with most of the other softwares which are much more robust.

Cons

Where do I begin. Honestly, we had so many issues I don't know where to start listing the problems. There are many.

Response from Lavu

Hi Clay, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate hearing directly from our customers. Our customer support team now has multiple locations in a few different countries, and we are available 24/7. We're sorry to see you go, but if you have any questions, we'd love to chat.

Malaika

Customer service

Reviewed on 4/12/2022

Great

Great

Pros

Always prompt and efficient . They walknuoubthrough to make sure that you have gotten through, and that you are comfortable.

Cons

It does not link my inventory and doesn't have the capacities to do so

Lightspeed

Customer support and price

Response from Lavu

Hi Malaika,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. It is great to hear how well Lavu is working for you. If you ever have any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Agostino

My Pos Lavu

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

I’ve been using Pos Lavu for over 10 years, so I’d say it’s been great.

I’ve been using Pos Lavu for over 10 years, so I’d say it’s been great.

Pros

I love the ease of use and customization

Cons

Just common glitches that happen from time to time

Response from Lavu

Hi Agostino, thank you for being a loyal Lavu customer for over a decade! That's amazing to hear! We appreciate your business and do not hesitate to reach out with any issues.

Jackie

POS review

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

Hardly ever crashes

Hardly ever crashes

Pros

Tons of reports available, all tables at fingertips…

Cons

Wish all the reports would print from the new version by right clicking and printing on the page, like the old version…

Price

Response from Lavu

Hi Jackie, we appreciate the feedback! We're happy that Lavu is helping your business streamline operations, and is a good price point for you as well.

Judy

The Best POS System

Reviewed on 6/9/2019

I absolutely love the point of sale system. Helps to be able to take orders from customers and send the order to the kitchen from the table. Then you can move on to the next table. It is so easy to learn and use. I like that you can go into the backside of the program and check your sales for the day, your amount of hours that you worked for the week and also what your own statistics are for tables waited on, amount of food you sold and what the prices of everything are. It is so Awesome!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up and it is self-explanatory. You can go into the backside of the program and checks your sales for the day, how many customers you yourself have waited on.

Cons

Not much about the software that I didn't like. Sometimes though I would have a hard time getting connected on my Ipad.

Response from Lavu

Hi Judy, thank you for your feedback! We love hearing how great Lavu is working for our customers! We're glad you like it.

Colleen

Alaska Businesses Beware

Reviewed on 16/6/2019

Feeling frustrated and unheard

Feeling frustrated and unheard

Pros

I like the iPads to send tickets to the cook and track sales

Cons

After two years of using the POS system, they still have not corrected the payroll setting s for OT as per Alaska Law. It has been reported over and over again for 2 years, yet we continue to receive automated msgs that they are working to resolve the issue. If you own a business in Alaska, I can guarantee that you are paying too much in OT . If you are an Alaskan owner relying on a manager to trust your payroll settings you had better check this yourself.

Response from Lavu

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing frustration. Your review has been shared with our product team to make sure they are aware of the ongoing issue. We value you as a customer and will do our best to resolve the problem. The Lavu Team.

enung

fraud by billing request or shutdown lavu

Reviewed on 4/9/2017

Pros

about the sistem we are of course happy after one year of lavu at our restaurant, our job is helping from lavu, accouting administration kitchen and all is going in perfect harmonies

Cons

fraud by billing request or shut down lavu. Yes that happen two times , last time few days ago I get a message on a strange open windows of lavu account, was about to pay or shutdown the system but we always pay, so I was worry what happen if shotdown lavu at my place then they ask the min payment, so I used my credit card for pay it but at end they took more for Hosting PAID without any consense from me. we used to pay an agent of lavu so he doesn't answer fast half and that can happen. Now he said like last time they will refund to me but of course after some month... so disappointed about it. Hope to try back faster my money because the agent he asks me to pay him to because isn't his fault. hope someone tries to explain and solve my problem.

Response from Lavu

Hi Enung, thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it. We're sorry that you had some billing difficulties with Lavu, and we would love to hear more details. Please reach out to us at (855) 767-5288.

Luis

LAVU complete POS system

Reviewed on 19/7/2022

LAVU has been a really helpfull tool from organizing the orders that goes to the kitchen, to getting special reports.

Pros

It´s an easy sytem to learn and to teach to third parties, alot of filters to get the detail information needed.

Cons

One thing that i notice is that i can not move the category windows as i desire, to have a better organization in the POS. And another thing is that from time to time the POS in the tablets won´t let us login until some billling issues are resolved, not sure what is that about.

Response from Lavu

Hi Luis, thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Lavu has been helpful in all aspects of running your restaurant. We are constantly working to perfect our product and eliminate bugs in the software. Please reach out if you need anything!

Cindi

My experience with Lavu

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

I have been very satisfied with this company.

I have been very satisfied with this company.

Pros

The ease of navigating through all the different functions available.

Cons

I really haven’t found anything that I have felt is worth complaining about or suggesting changes.

Response from Lavu

Hi Cindi,

Thanks so much for reaching out and taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. The Lavu team really appreciates hearing about your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

Douglas

Chef

Reviewed on 14/8/2023

Payroll POS online and

Payroll POS online and

Pros

Customer service support is excellent!!!

Cons

Nothing really even when something is wrong smoothly work out

Response from Lavu

Hi Douglas, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu! We are so glad to hear that you are happy.

Russell

Online all inclusive restaurant POS

Reviewed on 15/6/2017

There is an open ended API for other application integration, but we are not savvy enough to do this ourselves. It would be great if there were more companies and different aspects of integration on the back end for more high end analytics and functionality. (IE: Quickbooks, Simple Order, Etc.).

Pros

Very versatile and easy to use. Easy to make modifications and adjustments within the system and customize to our specific operation.

Cons

Sometimes connection of iPads can be a little shotty as it goes for the order takers communicating with LAVU KDS, and it has been hard to get the problem fully resolved, but it only creates a mild irritant and not a full distraction from the overall business.

Response from Lavu

Hi Russell, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing how much Lavu is working for your restaurant. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 17/6/2016

To the team at POS LAVU, Just wanted to thank you guys so much for listening to some of our concerns over the years about upgrades to your systems. When we came on board with you guys we were somewhat hesitant to your system. After we made the change we feel as if we all have grown together. We would like to personally say thank you for the time and effort you have put into your growth and we expect to be with you for many many more years. And by the way we now have 3 restaurants with your system and are looking to upgrade two more...Again thank you from all of us at the Pugliese Group...

Response from Lavu

Hi Jeffrey, thank you so much for being a loyal Lavu customer! We appreciate your business, and we are happy that we could update and improve some features that your business needed specifically.