Lavu POS

Cloud-based iPad POS system for the restaurant industry

4.0/5
4.1/5
4.3/5
4.1/5

Lok

Reviewed on 18/2/2022

It’s been like a love and hate relationship

Pros

It was nice and easy to get used to. The system was nice.

Cons

The WiFi would go offline sometimes for hours

Clover

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

My manager made the switch

Response from Lavu

Hi Lok, thank you for your feedback! We're sorry that your restaurant's wifi has been having issues - it's always a nuisance when that happens. Please reach out if there is anything we can help with.

Deanna
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

requested

Reviewed on 14/7/2022

Pros

The reports are extremely useful. I like the option to put recipes with the individual menu item.

Cons

When the system is overloaded and goes down, it never comes at a convenient time, generally Friday at 5pm

Square Point of Sale and Toast POS

Response from Lavu

Hi Deanna, thanks so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Lavu helps specifically with your reporting! If you have any questions, please reach out!

Jennifer

Shutting Down During Peak Times

Reviewed on 1/6/2019

Pros

I like the simple interface, it is easy to use and simple to implement

Cons

99% of the time the software works well however we have had consistent problems with the system going offline in the middle of very busy nights. We will have a restaurant full of people 30+ tables with open orders and the system completely stops working (it always happens at peak times when we should be making the most money when we are the busiest, they have not invested enough to function at the scale they are selling for). Servers cannot send orders to the kitchen, we cannot run cards, servers loose track of what the final cost of the bill is for the customers and what their order is. The 1% of the time when Lavu goes offline has irreversible damage to our business. It creates chaos among staff members, it disrupts our reputation as a legit business and damages our relationship with our customers, and it causes us to loose money on tickets that do not get rang in right or when we have to jot down credit card numbers instead of running them to learn the card is no good once Lavu is back online. This has happened to us at least 8-9 times in the 1 year we have had LAVU. Not only is it unacceptable for this to ever happen but we do not get any compensation for our trouble or loss of income and the Lavu team will not return our calls or explain what is happening or reassure us that it wont happen again. There is no backup plan or support on help coming. Unfortunately I feel we are going to have to look for something else.

Response from Lavu

Thank you for your review, Jennifer. We hear what you're saying and we are working diligently to bring offline mode to our customers by late July. We know that the downtime is unacceptable and we appreciate your patience with us. The Lavu Team.

Scott

Great customer service

Reviewed on 22/8/2022

Using Lavu has made it easier to do online ordering and takeout meals. Reports are much better than our last POS.

Pros

Easy to use and train staff on. Customer service is always nice and helpful, stays on the phone, and then follows up afterward. Like the control panel and reporting.

Cons

Price point - it can be more pricey than expected.

Response from Lavu

Hi Scott,

Thanks for letting us know how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant! It's great to hear from our customers about what they specifically love about Lavu. Please reach out if you need anything!

Jackie

POS review

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

Hardly ever crashes

Pros

Tons of reports available, all tables at fingertips…

Cons

Wish all the reports would print from the new version by right clicking and printing on the page, like the old version…

Toast POS

Price

Response from Lavu

Hi Jackie, we appreciate the feedback! We're happy that Lavu is helping your business streamline operations, and is a good price point for you as well.

Gabriela

Good pos system

Reviewed on 1/7/2022

Good system, very easy to set up and use to the servers

Pros

Easy to use, very friendly for the new hires

Cons

Some of the reports we need are not ready

NCR Aloha

Price

Response from Lavu

Hi Gabriela, thanks for your review! We are happy that Lavu is easy to use for your staff. We are also constantly updating our reporting options, so we will keep you posted.

Monique

Hungry Eyes

Reviewed on 14/3/2022

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Love it! Would recommend

Cons

The inventory part it needs to be changed and or updated

Clover and Toast POS

Easier and customer service

Response from Lavu

Hi Monique, thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate hearing how much you like Lavu!

Joaquin

Lavu POS

Reviewed on 23/3/2022

Overall solid 8.

Pros

Good data collection, can pull various reports easily.

Cons

A few key functions made it hard for our front end.

Square Payments and Toast POS

I don't know.

Response from Lavu

Hi Joaquin, thank you for your feedback! We are constantly working to make Lavu a perfect POS for all customers!

Samson

Customer service

Reviewed on 14/5/2022

Overall it works well. There are small glitches but the latest update seems to have taken care of many of them. It works for our situation.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are very helpful and knowledgeable in their fields. Great service and pleasant to speak with.

Cons

Menu drive online ordering needs to be more user friendly when updating items for pricing changes and adding pictures or descriptions.

Response from Lavu

Hi Samson - thank you so much for your feedback! We truly appreciate it, and your business. We are constantly working on making MenuDrive as user-friendly as possible for all customers.

sam
  • Industry: Hospitality

Lavu review

Reviewed on 26/4/2022

very fun to see the company develop over the years. Almost all my experiences have been good with Lavu.

Pros

first POS that works on iPad. easy to use with nice graphical interface

Cons

no integrated electronic payment system in Canada

Response from Lavu

Hi Sam, thanks for your feedback! We love that you find Lavu easy to use. We're happy to have you as a customer!

Dennis

Saves us time and money, works great for us!

Reviewed on 28/9/2015

I started using Lavu Point of Sale about 2 years ago. Before switching to the system we were using paper tickets, I didn't realize how inefficient this really was until I made the switch to an electronic system. Not only are we now spending less time managing each order, accuracy has gone up, and my shrinkage has gone down. The kitchen is only allowed to make items that are rung into the system and print out which has help cut down on theft or giving items away. The biggest time savings is getting the customers checked out. Previously during our lunch rush we would have a line of people waiting to pay and leave, now we are able to handle them as they come up to the counter since everything is already totaled up in the system.

Another big help has been the ability to use iPods to take orders at the table. We usually have a rush after church on Sundays, sometimes a line at the door. Before my servers had to go to the table, take the order, then take the ticket back to the kitchen. Now my servers go to the table, take the order, hit send and it prints in the kitchen. Then they can go straight to the next table. Anything we can do to speed up the time it takes to turn a table is a plus.

The amount of features that have been added in the last couple years has been amazing, it's nice to see that they are actively working on the software. The biggest thing for us has been the addition of 'always offline mode'. You just use the system and the orders go to the cloud in the background. When we first got setup we had some issues with the internet which interfered with using the system. They offered us a local server option but I did not want to install more hardware. While my internet situation was much improved by switching from DSL to cable I always worried that my connection going out could be a possibility. With the new version (3.0.3) the system keeps working even if my internet connection were to go out.

The Lavu POS software has worked great for us and I highly recommend it.

Response from Lavu

Hi Dennis, thanks so much for your feedback. We're so happy that you chose to use Lavu for your restaurant, and that it is working well for your operations. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Ahmad

Best software and easy.

Reviewed on 11/2/2022

Easy to use and the customer service are amazing.

Pros

Easy to use the pos while you are busy.

Cons

The customer service is one of the best customer service ever.

Response from Lavu

Hi Ahmad, thank you for reaching out and letting us know how happy you are with Lavu! We're always eager to help if you have any issues.

Heather
  • Industry: Restaurants

A good system but customer support is most often disappointing

Reviewed on 5/1/2018

Pros

Joshua Maestas from customer service was so incredibly helpful. He took time to listen to the complicated scenario we were trying to resolve. He followed up when and how he said he would. Most of the time our customer service experience is frustrating but he was truly a breath of fresh air.

Cons

Back end reporting; customer service. There are programming bugs and we continuously are told "development is working on it" but never saw any resolution. If it isn't a priority for you and not intended to be fixed then don't tell us it is being fixed.

Response from Lavu

Hi Heather, thanks for leaving us feedback. It's great to hear that Lavu is easy to use for your staff. We are constantly working to improve both the product and our customer support, which is now 24/7.

Joe

Great system, could use a few more basic features that many other systems use.

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

Pros

Love the ease of use. The customer service has been really good as of late. Would for the most part recommend to any business.

Cons

Need some better basic features:
-Option for end of day report to reconcile as if the credit card tips were given out as cash to the servers, as this is the process for most restaurants.

-Better tip reporting capability for employees. It would be great for it to ask for total tips to be asked when employee is clocking out. There are many reasons for this including tip out, tip pool etc.

Response from Lavu

Hi Joe. Thank you so much for the feedback. We're glad to hear Lavu is meeting your needs and will strive to keep improving to make your experience even better.

Jason

Save Your Money

Reviewed on 20/8/2021

Pros

I was an existing customer since the inception of Lavu in 2012.

Cons

I purchased the system in 2012. Lavu offered a wireless system when they first came out. I soon learned if you sent a big ticket to the kitchen, it wouldn't print. Lavu advised the system needed to be hardwired for the printers to work properly.
I was a gold member when I signed up. I was told my price would never be higher than [Sensitive Content] per month. This turned out, not to be true.
The system worked flawlessly until about 2018. Lavu would frequently go down, offline, drop printer IP addressees, rogue attacks etc. In 2018 and 2019 I lost a lot of money thanks to Lavu.
I closed as most restaurants did in 2020 due to Covid. During the months I was open I noticed one month Lavu would auto debit my account for [Sensitive Content] one month, [Sensitive Content] the next. In March of 2021 to avoid these random charges I paid Lavu a year in advance. It was around [Sensitive Content] for service and a monthly charge for using up to 5 devices. In June 2021 I had to close and sale the business for a loss. I contacted Lavu to refund my money, and they refused. Don't do business with this company.

Response from Lavu

Hi Jason, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you had to close down your restaurants, and that we were not able to issue a refund at the time. We appreciate your business for almost 10 years, and would love to hear from you. Please reach out so we can see what can be done.

Taher

Toppings Vaughan review

Reviewed on 1/3/2022

Amazing support team and wonderful support and a easy to use system

Pros

The best part about it is flexibility and the pizza builder that is integrated into the system.

Cons

The repeated mismatch of menu item and the process of changing the item which needs to be resynced with menudrive and the minimal cross platform integration for eg payment terminal integration

Response from Lavu

Hi Taher! Our support team is always here to help you with any issues you might come across - thank you for your feedback! PS: We love the pizza builder too!

Candy

Lavu saves the day!!!

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

My overall experience has been very good. If I don't understand something, I call [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at customer service. Or [SENSITIVE CONTENT].... I can call or email. They are ALWAYS very quick to respond!!!

Pros

Customer service and ease of use for both administrative and staff.

Cons

Hmmmm....
That's a hard question to answer.

Response from Lavu

Hi Candy, thank you so much for your feedback! We're happy to help you grow your business, and customer service will always be there for you if you need anything!

Jamison

Worst POS System Ever

Reviewed on 20/1/2022

Horrendous. Customer Service pressures retention on cancellations - then they fraudulently charge bank accounts after the fact. T Their CEO spams all account holders each week with cringe-worthy emails. Lavu is an embarrassment to the POS industry. LAVU is a shady company at best and a headache for any real restaurant at worst.

Pros

There are NO Pros for this POS. Never using the software is the best Pro out there.

Cons

After canceling the software - they kept charging our accounts for months. When confronted about the charges and after submitting confirming emails, they stated the charges were approved but offer no proof even though email confirmations from their own AR show the opposite. Customer Service might be the worst in the business. Told us they would return our call in 1 business day to rectify the situation and they finally replied 3 weeks later - Drained over $300 directly from our accounts. STAY AWAY

Response from Lavu

Hi Jamison, thank you for being a customer of Lavu for more than two years, but I am very sorry to hear how bad your experience was, especially towards the end of your use of us. I do apologize on behalf of the customer support team if you were not contacted in a timely manner, or communications were not clear. We would be happy to sort any remaining issues out, so please let us know if that is something you are interested in.

Mark

Using Lavu for our Cafe and RV Park

Reviewed on 27/5/2022

Being able to add and edit sales items is useful. We also use it to track employee hours.

Pros

The nice thing is that it can track all our individual sales from the cafe and the RV park.

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like.

Response from Lavu

Hi Mark! First off, thank you for being a loyal customer. We truly appreciate it! We're happy that Lavu meets all your needs.

Clay
  • Industry: Restaurants

Stay away. This company is so unorganized and the customer support has gone WAY downhill.

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

I just wanted to inform people of my experience. I wouldn't recommend using this company to anyone. Borderline criminal activity. After I decided to stop using them they continue to keep charging my card every month and when I call in to get this stopped and ask for a refund I just get looped around in circles. It honestly has taken me 10-15x of me calling in to finally get someone who will eventually refund my card. To be honest that was for the first time and the second time they still haven't even refunded me. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with.

Pros

The cost was the only benefit of this software when I launched it 2 years ago. After they increased the pricing (with absolutely no warning) it was inline with most of the other softwares which are much more robust.

Cons

Where do I begin. Honestly, we had so many issues I don't know where to start listing the problems. There are many.

Response from Lavu

Hi Clay, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate hearing directly from our customers. Our customer support team now has multiple locations in a few different countries, and we are available 24/7. We're sorry to see you go, but if you have any questions, we'd love to chat.

Brian

Owner

Reviewed on 15/3/2022

I will keep selling it

Pros

Simplicity of use for merchants and staff.
Well thought out and simple to manage the system

Cons

Offline payments not available. Would like to see a per device add on option rather then in bulk

Response from Lavu

Hey Brian, thank you for letting us know how much you like Lavu! We appreciate your business!

Simone

Lavu Software

Reviewed on 17/2/2022

Lavu is a simple tool, easy to use and to train people. There are so many functions I have not used yet but plan to in the future.

Pros

Ease of use. Powerful functions for the business.

Cons

Have not found anything yet that I don’t like.

Response from Lavu

Hi Simone, thank you for your feedback! We're happy that Lavu is a great tool for you!

Brian
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 21/3/2022

A lot easier to keep track of our repeat bowling banquets

Pros

Easy to set up menu items on the backend with immediate results

Cons

There are a lot of steps to checkout a simple bottle of beer.

Response from Lavu

Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback on us! We really appreciate it - and we are happy you like Lavu!

Antony

Lavu Review BFW

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

Pros

LTG - has bugs but best feature. Needs tweaking and bug fixes

Cons

REPORTING. Confusing and not robust. The

Response from Lavu

Hi Antony, thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate knowing what works and what doesn't work for our customers, so we can constantly improve the product.

Kurt

Great Support

Reviewed on 21/3/2022

Pros

Easy Menu update, customer support are kind and helpful

Cons

They should fix the glitches which occurs very frequently.

Response from Lavu

Hi Kurt, thank you for your feedback! We're happy that Lavu's features are helping your restaurant run!