Rosy

Cloud-based salon and spa scheduling & management software

4.8/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

139 Software options

Jody N.

It's just OK

Reviewed on 28/9/2017

We move back over to Rosy from Mindbody. I wish had spent more time looking at other programs. The customer service is great when you phone in for help and they always have been. For smaller businesses, maybe 5 staff and under, or sole proprietors it would be great program, but for a larger business it is too limited. Also, it would be nice to see the schedule adaptable for 10 minute increments instead of 15 so more customization to have schedule that fits the needs of your business. Also beef up the permissions, for example, the Staff are given certain permissions and we allow the staff to see each other's schedule so they can help set up for appointments accordingly, however, the staff would also like to view their tips for the day. But in the permissions for staff, you can do one or the other but not both. Why not? Finally, better reports for viewing staff productivities, I need to view 3 or more different reports to see Staff productivity. I would love to see a report that brings up all of the details for each staff member in one report only so team based pay or commission based pay could be monitored more accurately. This isn't a bad program but for me and our business, it's just OK. Hopefully Rosy can fix their IT issues so there are less interruptions. Thank you.

Pros

Booking an appointment is simple and customers tell us the online booking system is user friendly. It is also cost friendly.

Cons

There are constant interruptions with the server which is very frustrating. I wish Rosy would fix this already. When we used the program back in 2012 it was the same and nothing has improved since.

Rebekah L.

Excellent cloud based software

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

Rosy has all the features I was looking for when researching software for my salon. Online booking, email and text confirmations, cloud-based (no annoying updates), and plenty of reports for management. The price increases as you add stylists, which is nice when starting out small, you don't need to pay a ton up front. The customer service has been excellent and very prompt every time I have a question. I would definitely recommend this to other salons.

Pros

Text/email confirmations
Reports
Online booking
Cloud based

Cons

Can't use same email with multiple clients (a pain for families)
Can't discount a service but still give full credit to the stylist for the service (i.e., salon-run promotions that shouldn't affect stylist commissions)

Rebekah H.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Best salon software I have used

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

I have been a cosmetologist for 13 years and owned a salon for 11. I have used several different salon softwares and Rosy has by far been my favorite. It is very easy to use both from a desktop and mobile device. It allows me to track my stylists services and reports very easily, in return saving me time. The customer service is the best I have experienced not only in the software I have used but in general. They are very helpful whenever you need it. I love that my stylists can have as little or as much access to many different options with this program. I could go on about this program and have referred many other stylists to it also!

Pros

How easy it is to use for anybody

Cons

The way the credit card receipts print

Kimberly K.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

If you're looking for support, look elsewhere

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Overall, Rosy was a decent program which failed to truly fine tune it's core services before trying to add on a lot of other features.

Pros

A very customizeable salon software system. Ability to change timing for different services and providers, and color coding options were nice but not overwhelming. Extensive reports. Great email marketing which included premade templates and easy way to select the custoemrs to receive the email campaign and tracking.

Cons

Reports all pulled and displayed data differently. Some would add odd things into names like "new request" which made compiling data a pain as you had to clean up each report to match another to compare information. Customer support was close to nonexistant, and every problem you had was essentially "your fault, not the software" and more often than not resulted in a work around to do a basic task. Outdated appearance. Confusing menus for settings. Software was regularly nonresponsive or completely down for random amounts of time in the middle of the day. Terrible when your whole software is cloud based. Inventory was always a mess - not a perpetual system and if there was ever a time where your inventory dipped into the negatives due to an error, it would disregard that when receiving more inventory in the future through an order.

Zoey J.
  • Industry: Hospitality

All that with a cherry on top!

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

Rosy Software has been such an amazing experience for my business. It is very user friendly on the front end, while giving me all of the numbers, reports, and inventory tracking on the back end. I thoroughly researched over a dozen salon and spa software options before picking Rosy. I can definitely say that it gives you "All that with a cherry on top!" Pick Rosy. You won't be disappointed!

Pros

What's not to love. It's user friendly, easy to schedule with and run the right reports.

Cons

I have had a few issues (using it in other browsers like IE and a couple inventory questions.) I would love it if there were simply youtube videos or videos to go along with the knowledge base. That would be a great improvement!

Carolen G.

Amazing Scheduler for my salon

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

I've used this service for about 6-7 years now and I have never even considered switching to anything else. They continually update the software to make it better and more easily functional.
Any time I have had any little hiccups with the system they are QUICK to get back to me and help right it.

I wouldn't waste my time with any other service just get this one... the best in the industry!

Pros

Ease and functionality
Constant updating of software on the back end

Serve based so I can get to my schedule from ANYWHERE

Cons

N/a

Hana H.

Rosy makes my life as a front desk coordinator a breeze!

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Pros

Usability is seamless, it's easy to manage all client profiles, color coordinated, and is tailored to the needs of each salon. I had no experience working with salon software or scheduling in general, but our rep made it simple to navigate and understand the different types of services. While I'm working at the front desk, my rep is my best friend and my lifeline. I would definitely recommend investing in it to a friend.

Cons

Adding a tip! I wish the software was able to add a tip line to receipts and print it that way. Sometimes asking guests if they'd like to add gratuity can be awkward.

Jacob A.

Fifth time's the charm!

Reviewed on 5/3/2017

Took us a few failed attempts with other salon software "solutions" before we stumbled upon Rosy, but we're glad we arrived finally. Rosy is reliable, simple to implement and use, and makes payroll and accounting a breeze. It lacks some of the more advanced features which Shortcuts, Super Salon, and others boast, but I'll trade those in a heartbeat for the ease-of-use and reliability of Rosy. Keep it up Rosy!

Pros

Ease-of-use. Simple to get set up (implementation). Simple, straightforward reporting.

Cons

inability to custom tailor some of the commission tracking. Lacks some more advanced reporting

Serena F.

Great program.

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

I really enjoy this program. The ease of use and being able to have the mobile functionality has worked really well for me with client retention. The two things I wish to see for the future is to be able to text clients instead of only email as well as being able to have past client services show up when you are booking an appointment.

Pros

Being able to look into all of my monthly/weekly reports.

Cons

I wish the program would allow texts for monthly specials instead of only email.

Britney K.

Simplicity

Reviewed on 23/2/2017

I started a salon and spa almost a year ago, I really wanted a system that was user friendly and cloud based. Rosy is the perfect fit for our needs! I love how it can be personalized for the business, employee and each client.

Pros

Personalization. Simple to understand and use.

Cons

Can't move appointments once they have been checked in or checked out.
When making the schedule (employees), it would be nice to have a start date to changes we make.
Multiple emails for multiple clients... we have kids as clients.

Denine D.

So glad I found Rosy!

Reviewed on 22/2/2017

As a new salon I searched for software that would do what I needed. So many of them had clustered screens, difficulty operating and overall frustration. Rosy's ease of use, cloud system, and customer support is top notch. I would highly recommend this software.

Pros

I can teach it to anyone it's that simple. The screens are pretty much self explanitory

Emily M.

Great software.

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

Great software. Easy to use for someone like myself who has never used online booking before. Very friendly customer service

Pros

You have your schedule at your fingertips

Cons

That email addresses cannot be shared. Clients can book themselves into space you don't have time for. Have to ask for clients mobile providers to receive text reminder

Amanda M.

So far so good

Reviewed on 25/9/2020

We have been able to have success with text confirmations that our clients enjoy and it has made our jobs easier

Pros

We implemented less than a year ago and have had great success with Rosy, it has been the easiest software to train new employees on.

Cons

There are a few capabilities that I would like to see added, and some of the reporting options are not ideal

Brandon T.

Rosy is Red Rosy is Blue I am sure Rosy will be just right for YOU!

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

Been using rosy for my salon and spa now for just over a year and hands down the best software for the price. Love there innovation.

Pros

Innovative and easy to use and train on.

Ronette S.

Overall rosy has been a user friendly software for me and my employees to use

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Pros

We love the online booking and that the therapists are able to see there appointments from there phone or at home

Cons

15 minute increments for appointments and no place to put a credit for a client. Also not being able to book multiple appointments at one time.

Carol S.

We Love Rosy!

Reviewed on 23/2/2017

The email and text reminders have decreased "no-shows". We are in New England, so during snowstorms this winter I was able to access client info without being at the office. This way I could have phone numbers to reschedule my clients>

Pros

web access. email & text reminders

Mindy H.

Great software, easy to use

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

This software was really easy to set up and get it going. It is very intuitive for use by receptionists. Provides us with the reporting we need to motivate stylist, communicate with customers and track profitability.

Pros

Easy set up

Cons

Online booking isn't quite as user friendly as we would like

Trena B.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 26/1/2015

I have been using Rosy Salon and Spa for about 5 years now and feel its one of the best things I've done to grow my business. It has played a key role in client growth and retention. It is super easy to use and they are continually updating and adding new features that help me run my business professionally and efficiently. As a small business owner, the monthly price point was an initial huge consideration, however, what has kept me as a customer is the fantastic and personal customer service. As my business needs have changed in different ways, it has always been easy to call up and or email Rosy Salon and receive immediate, one on one, help and support. The staff has spent as much time with me as I have needed to understand the program, implement changes and share their knowledge with me. What a fantastic experience it has been to have access to Rosy Salon and Spa software and its wonderful employees!

Shira C.

Great choice!

Reviewed on 22/2/2017

I have enjoyed this booking software for more than five years. It's easy to use. Easy online booking. Makes running a salon a breeze.

Tabitha B.

In LOVE with Rosy!! Houses the features I need as a stylist and salon owner!

Reviewed on 11/8/2015

I am so impressed with Rosy as a whole. I have tried several different salon softwares. I just opened my new salon April of 2015 and I have been through three different softwares, however the searching stopped with Rosy! The price for the features are down right AMAZING! The talent behind Rosy really makes sense for a salon, its stylists and other employees, and the salon owner!
The features allow me to do what I need to function as a stylist (a busy stylist) but it also aids my records as a salon owner. I can custom reports, view stylists strengths and weaknesses, grow my retail business, and thrive as an appointment setter. I totally love the customer service support I have received from day one of demo with Rosy! I had to buy! I am very pleased and will continue using Rosy as she really helps me get through the day! Thank you!!

Brad H.

Easy, clean interface, no data worries

Reviewed on 15/2/2016

We have been thoroughly satisfied with Rosy. I've used several other salon software programs and Rosy is by far the easiest to learn, while maintaining robust features. It takes about 10 minutes to feel comfortable with it and they have made some great improvements while we've been using it. It's also nice not to have to worry about data backups or hosting a server. The pricing feels very fair and we have loved the automated appt reminders and text message reminders. Clients have also reported that the online booking portal is easier to use than our last software provider. We are very happy overall!

Kim L.

So happy that we changed software

Reviewed on 25/2/2017

We recently made some big changes and investments in our salon. We changed all of our computers to Apple and we changed from Milano to Rosy at the same time. We had a lot of learning to do. The features are fantastic and constantly updated. The support is wonderful. The fact that we can keep an eye on our schedules from our phones is fantastic. We are very pleased that we made the change

Carissa S.

Way too basic

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

While we only used the free 30-day trial, that was enough for us to decide that Rosy was not the right software for us and we needed something a little more customizable.

Pros

Very cheap, works well for a more simple industry, offers text reminders, decent customer service,

Cons

Very simple, not able to customize, text confirmations are extra, screen look is very childish and not appealing, online booking is not appeasing to the eye

Nilia U.

Rosy Salon Sofware

Reviewed on 18/7/2014

The system is very easy to use and doesn't give us any problems at all. Every single question or minor problem that I've ever had was related to 'learning' the system" but every time I have a question, the answer is just a phone call away. People do take the time to explain and walk you through everything until you understand every step of the process.

Suzanne M.

Super simple salon scheduling!

Reviewed on 8/1/2016

Attention many disappointments with other programs, I finally stumbled upon Rosy. My clients love the ease of being able to schedule their own appointments and the automated reminder service. I highly recommend this to any stylists needing to get organized. Start the new year of on the right foot with Rosy.