TouchBistro

iPad based Point of Sale solution for restaurants

4.2 /5 (310 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
3.9
4.1
4.4
3.9
Chris B.

Well programmed with very few bugs. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

Pros

I really like the features it offers especially now that recipe costing has been added. Splitting checks is a breeze.

Cons

Having to check every item to put a discount on the entire check. Slows things down a lot when in a hurry.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Chris!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and well programmed. I'll be sure to let our development team know.

If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Richard G.
Industry: Restaurants

Almost the best system I could ask for....

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

1000% faster then old method

Pros

Ease of touching, direct sending to kitchen, really a great system, just a few things could make it better and easier

Cons

Some function are not easy to understand...Don't like having to try and figure them out....need a code set up that is not a login code of a manager that is just for discounts....also a tab that is one touch for takeout and delivery displayed at the top with the name would be good...so it one touch check out for them...also bar tabs should print the customers name, so when a bar tab customer decides to order food the chit in kitchen has their name on in and not just "bar Tab"

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Richard!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be near perfect (there's always room for improvement, though, right?)

Donna O.

Small mid-western restaurant

Reviewed on 11/12/2016

Basically, works okay. This is our first restaurant so our only experience with a POS. For the amount of money this costs, I feel it falls short on the reporting side as it relates to accounting. Changes seem to happen very slowly if at all (only 1 year). Customer services getting better. Whenever I have the need to speak with a live person I've expressed my frustration as well as the issue which initiated the contact. TB prefers emailing their tech support team.

Pros

Relatively easy to train new staff.

Cons

On the Administrative side, it is very cumbersome.

Response from TouchBistro

Good afternoon Donna and thank you for your review and feedback.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us so we can help you take full advantage of TouchBistro's robust reporting functionality.

Not only are there dozens of different types of reports that you can use, but there are also custom reports you can built based on your needs. TouchBistro integrates with Quickbooks for all your accounting needs.

With respect to app updates, we update the app approximately every 6-8 weeks. Our last few app updates have gone out on the following dates:

- December 13, 2016
- October 31, 2016
- September 26, 2016
- August 17, 2016

If there's anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jennifer V.
Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use from a back office and front of house perspective

Reviewed on 24/8/2017

good pricing for a product that meets a small businesses needs

Pros

Price point is great for a small independent business.
Ease of use: very easy to train new staff on the software.

Cons

Limitations for custom reporting as well as the frequency of updates - trying when all your programs are constantly changing, albeit for the better many times, tough to keep up with when all (not just touch bistro) your tech is constantly evolving faster than one can keep up.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review!

I hear you when it comes to the upgrades!

We are constantly evolving to give our customers the best features and technology available to help them run the best business possible.

The next upgrade happens to be on custom reporting :)

When in doubt on upgrades please give our Customer Success team a call - we are happy to help!

Jennifer C.
Industry: Entertainment

So user friendly

Reviewed on 10/1/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I’ve already recommended it to others to use.

Pros

It’s so easy to use. And the supper team is constantly ready to help. We use it for our restaurant and coulld imagine it without it.

Cons

There are sometimes too many features when all you need is the basics, all of the options can be overwhelming.

Response from The TouchBistro Team

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with TouchBistro. We are glad to hear that you find it easy to use, and that our support team is always available to assist you with any questions you may have.

We’d be happy to continue to support you in the best way possible, and part of that is helping you use your POS to be best of it’s ability so that it is easier to understand, so please let us know which options we can help you learn more about!

Megan E.

Touch bistro

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

Overall experience of this software is very positive. I have years of data saved conveniently and the everyday use of visiual and set up is a breeze

Pros

This platform is the easiest I have used for a POS. Great visual display, very easy to access the info from any device. Perfect menu building.

Cons

What I have least like of this software is the overly long wait times to update the system and the difficulty with using our loyalty program and being on hold for hours to get it fixed

Adolfo I.

Touchbistro in Mexico

Reviewed on 4/4/2017

We love the the ease of use that touchbistro gives to our daily operations. The use of iPads in our kitchen and service makes us look professional and outstand above the rest. Our business is very inclined to delivery and we would want more features including this option. For example to save and analyze orders by custumer, how a specific customer orders in a week ir month. Overall great job!

Pros

Ipad integration

Cons

Lack of some features

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Adolfo,
Thank you for your detailed review!
Our product team is always pushing innovation and extending/adding features.
Keep a look out for the next update!

Alejandro V.

Awesome

Reviewed on 2/9/2017

easier to manage my business, easier to train people, in general make my life easier.

Pros

how easy to use it is, all the employees find it easy to use and also its easier to train people with this app. how easier manage my business Touch bistro did.

Cons

Just the some time takes time to comunicate the ipad to the printer and this delay a bit the operation.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey Alejandro,

Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review!

Ease of use is a major priority for us, so we love hearing that staff adapt to the platform quickly!

As for the delay - I suggest calling into our CS team so they can trouble shoot.

They may be able to find what's causing the delay.

Leo M.

The application is easy to use, easy configurations with little with low maintenance

Reviewed on 8/12/2017

Pros

Multiple logins, multiple user access, Easy for people to login. Easy to control and user access with good security.

Cons

Dashboard hoped the dashboard has more features, more analytics, more drills down data. I liked the built-in server reports.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Leo!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and low maintenance.

Bob T.

Best POS for me

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

I started using TouchBistro as soon as I learned about it. The system has allowed me to streamline the cafe in so many ways. Speed of order process, invaluable sales data and allowing me to be on top of flow are just a few of the benefits that TouchBistro has allowed me. I can not imagine running the Cafe without this invaluable tool.

Pros

Ease of use and tech support when needed.

Cons

Its always about the fixed costs so I have to be that guy and say cost.

Darlene M.
Industry: Entertainment

Efficient and extremely easy to use

Reviewed on 31/3/2017

I love this POS - very easy to train people on. Usually takes about 5 minutes and even new employees are usually able to figure their way out of mistakes.

I wish there was a way to assign liquors to cocktails so we could keep better inventory. For example, right now it says I have 70 ounces of gin. But last night we sold 8 Tom Collins, so we actually only have 62 ounces.
Other than that, I love everything about Touch Bistro.

Vanessa W.

Just a TOUCH away!

Reviewed on 1/10/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I think the most beneficial aspect about this product is that it works pretty much like anything or any app that we have on our iPad,iPod or iPhone these days. During the large turnovers that some restaurants may have with servers coming and going there can be a lot of training to be done and usually the core menu is the main focus. Not much time is spent on learning the POS system being used. Sometimes some questions may arise at a crucial and busy time like a lunch or dinner rush. Through experience I can say that I was caught in a busy dinner rush and had ordered a plate by accident and wasn't sure how to delete it and through "iPhone intuition" I simple swiped right like you would on a iPhone. Makes me feel comfortable with it and I am not intimidated at all and it is almost all self taught.

Cons

Its hard to pick what would be my least favourite aspect, but I think it would be the fact that the menu is a little small because it is only shown in the top right corner

Brandyn K.

best pos hands down

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

makes daily operations a breeze. no issues with system going down.

Pros

ease of use -- can literally teach anyone to use it in minutes, customization, cloud reporting, stability

Cons

adding multiple ipads can get particularly costly but if they are used effectively, are absolutely worth the expense

Charles H.

Small business Touch Bistro

Reviewed on 15/8/2018

Touch bistro has made my point of sales a breeze.

Pros

Touch bistro has allowed me to simplify my daily operations and give me peace of mind. I never have to worry about the system, it takes care of itself.

Cons

I have no negative feedback. I enjoy every aspect of the touch bistro that I use

James B.
Industry: Hospitality

works well, but quite expensive monthly fees for multi iPads

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

I have 3 restaurants using touchbistro. i am happy with the service, the app, and the way it works. But the monthly fees year after year are very expensive. to be honest, for the same price of 1 years fees, you can get a great system with no monthly fee. If they want to keep customers like me, after the first years, a drastic reduction in monthly fee will be necessary.

Pros

works well, easy to use and train, good features, and good customer support

Cons

yearly fees every year makes me wonder if it is worth it.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Michael P.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great software, affordable, very easy to use and teach employees on

Reviewed on 8/12/2017

Pros

extremely straight forward and easy to use, visually pleasing ,intuitive, can have someone who's never used a POS to use it in minutes

Cons

inventory system for alcohol, also be great for integration with other payment solutions such as Global Payments

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Michael!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and train new staff on, and of course affordable for your needs.

Jayelynn W.

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Something that's easy to use and train staff on which was extremely important.

Pros

Easy system to navigate; reporting is very simple; great customer service which is hard to find in this industry

Cons

Would like to be able to access some of the reports and editing features from the website if I'm not at the Taproom to access the iPad

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Jayelynn,

Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review!

We're constantly upgrading our system to meet consumer needs, and the next update may be what you're looking for :)

Megahann T.

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

Wonderful. Very easy to use especially since they have integrated square credit card processing! I deel like I need a fedreshed course every few months though! The updates are great seems to work out kinks but all of the sudden in the middle of a shift it kicks me out at times when I least expect it.

Pros

Cons

Booting me out for an update in middle of shift

Claude R.

No brainer

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Just try it
Change is great !!!

Pros

Finally the perfect POS software without the feeling of been held hostage by the pureveyor.
So easy to use and very logical.

Response from Mell

Hi Claude,

So happy to hear you find TouchBistro the perfect POS!!

Harpreet S.

Excellent

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

The service and the software is amazing, it's easy to take help if you don't understand anything call them and they help you quickly.

Pros

Cons

Have to keep going back to add more items in admin settings

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Sohal!
We appreciate your feedback and glowing review!
Our product team is always pushing our POS software to the next level and ensuring ease of use and menu management is very important to us.

Alma S.

Great product.

Reviewed on 29/3/2017

I like using TouchBistro because is easy to use and has a lot of helpful tools. The customer service is great and every time I have a technical issue is resolved quickly.

Pros

It's easy to use and has many useful tools; it's reliable.

Cons

The cloud can be slow and sometimes gives inaccurate information

Chris D.

Don’t get

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 6/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Nothing , nothing, nothing, nothing, great stress added to my day. Okay maybe you can do update to menu with some ease but don’t do it while service is going on it will effect credit card processing.

Cons

So many steps to do anything. Any Davy server can steal money with out any one finding out unless you make settings with more steps which also slows down service. Takes forever to get help support. I was told under 2 minutes but usually takes on average 30 min

Response from Zunaira

Hi Chris,
We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with your TouchBistro system. It’s our goal to make sure that you are getting all the help you need, and getting the best use out of your system. We’d like to do right by you and make sure you get all the help you need. Have you been able to speak to a member of our support team for help? We are available 24/7 to help you out and are waiting to hear from you. Just in case, you can email us at [email protected], or you can give us a call at 888-342-0131. Again, we apologize about the issues you’re experiencing and look forward to hearing from you.

Steve P.

Don't do it!

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

Wasted lots of my time and caused deep frustrations for my staff and customers. Don't do it!

Pros

Nothing! It made everything harder. Don't do it!

Cons

End of Day requirement is completely unacceptable. Like most restaurants my FOH staff typically leave before the BOH staff. So they can’t run end of day before they leave because BOH staff are still clocked in. So not only does the opening manager have to run the end of day he also has to do clock in adjustments after doing EOD because there are BOH staff clocked in before he starts his shift and he has to force clock out those staff, re-clock them in, adjust their start time, and then delete the shift that they were clocked in for prior to the forced clock out. With Aloha EOD happens automatically at 4am. Nobody has to lift a finger

Payroll is a nightmare.
7 shifts is not a solution for me. I would also note that the time keeping system allows for overlapping shifts which can be problematic if you do not catch them when auditing staff punches. Overlapping shifts easily occur with the force clock out situation associated with end of day.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Mina F.

TouchBistro is great!

Reviewed on 28/3/2017

Great app! Very easy to use and customise and I really like the cloud and being able to monitor sales in real time. The number of reports that can be generated is also really impressive - makes managing a restaurant so much easier.

Pros

Cons

Can get complicated

Lynda F.
Industry: Restaurants

Easy to understand/operate and good support

Reviewed on 14/1/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very easy to use and add more items to. Support is very quick to answer questions. We have two locations and we are able to have one set of gift cards work interactively at both.

Cons

More training, on site, would be beneficial. A booklet on troubleshooting would be helpful. Not all staff are able to get on a computer to look up and solve issues.