• Industry: Hospitality

Avast Business Pro Plus Review

Reviewed on 13/4/2019

Avast Business Pro Plus has benefited for my company a lot, which is keeping our servers protected from outside threats, we deal with hospitality industries' data and its vital to keep it protected. This is where avast does a good job at doing so.

Pros

Avast business pro plus has all the packages in one software, its everything that i need as a consumer to keep my data protected from intruders. Avast has all the features for my company's web server protection and some of the features that i have sued are web-shield, data shredder, antivirus scans, firewalls, data disk rescue, and others. Avast pricing is reasonable considering the variety of features it packed with in the software. I also like that the software can be installed on windows, windows server, and Mac OS. Moreover, avast also has great support to reach out whenever i need to get questions answered. We have been using avast Business pro plus well over a year now and we love using it. Avast also has malware removal which is great considering i have a mac and its not potentially going to get infected but its good to have the malware protection not just for macs but for all OS. Also, with smart scans i can schedule a time to scan specific folders that could be vulnerable to viruses and malware.

Cons

The speed at which avast applications opens can be slow at times but i feel like that is the least of my concern, but i hope engineers at avast do looking into it and come up with future updates to fix that issue.

Susan A.

Avast Antivirus software protect the system from any virus

Reviewed on 16/6/2019

I always use this software to save my data, information and documents because my system is free from any virus. And my system always secure and protected. Without Avast Antivirus our data and important information will be destroyed at anytime. But last and important thing that I must say about this software is that you can easily communicate with each other without any problem of virus attack.

Pros

Avast Antivirus always protect the computer from any virus. You can easily transfer the information, files and important documents by using the Avast Antivirus. This software is very easy to use and always secure your computer from any virus. The one thing that I most liked about this software is that Avast Antivirus features are outstanding. Moreover, Avast Antivirus provide us that you can easily install the data in a more efficiently and effectively way.

Cons

The one thing that I don't like about this software is that Avast Antivirus takes mush more time for downloading the large amount of information. There is a little bit complications created only for those who don't known about this software. Otherwise it is very efficient tool because we can easily transfer the information, files and documents with our friends and relatives through this software. The last thing that I don't liked about this software is that sometimes installation problems create without any problem.

Charlton D.
  • Industry: Media Production

Best Antivirus software

Reviewed on 28/7/2019

No hassles and no viruses on our systems. Avast regularly checks for malware and viruses in our systems and deletes them when found. This ensures our systems are always secure. I would recommend Avast to anyone who cares about their security. One of my favorite things about Avast is that you can install it on almost all your devices, it supports Windows, Mac and Android among others.

Pros

Avast is a must have for every computer user. It's very easy to install and it works on multiple operating systems. Avast software is affordable and very easy to maintain. You can install the software yourself removing the cost for hiring an IT expert. Avast has a powerful firewall feature that helps detect threats that can be picked up from the internet. Avast also detects issues on external storage devices, if any issues are detected the software corrects them, this will prevent any harmful malware from getting into your device. Avast is a very reliable antivirus for both online and offline files that is very easy to use. It's also very fast. The premium version has very many features which all make your device more secure. It's very easy to use and very affordable too.

Cons

I've been using Avast for a couple of years and I haven't had any challenges using it. It's simple and easy to use and with Avast you are assured of security on your devices.

Osamah A.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A clean environment!

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

I used Avast for 6 years now, and not a single time I remember being disappointed by it! It never is a letdown.

One of the most reliable anti-virus software out there!

Pros

It has many valuable features, a good example is the full system scan feature, in where the software will perform a quick scan to your computer, searching for any kind of threats be it viruses or malware attacks. In a matter of 5 minutes, it will return the final report of threats, letting you decide whether to eliminate the threats or to mark them as safe.

it also has another feature called "one-click clean" which will clean all of the unnecessary files in your computer by a single click of you! that one is my favourite!

another reason for me to love this program is the simple interface and the accessibility to all of the features without any hassle.

Cons

So far, I haven't countered any technical issue. the only thing to complain about is that the software is a little bit too heavy on the CPU, so in low-performance computers, it will not run smoothly.

Suzanne S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Sleek and effective Antivirus

Reviewed on 29/12/2019

Overall I've been pretty pleased with Avast and have recommended it to friends.

Pros

Avast has reliably alerted me to any suspicious or potentially unwanted programs in my system. Otherwise, it is a relatively quiet and non-intrusive anti-virus that doesn't give me excessive annoying pop-ups or noticeably slow down my computer when running a scan. It also offers multiple bonus features to further improve my internet security and maintain the health and condition of my computer.

Cons

Avast tries to promote themselves in my email signatures unless I manually disable that setting.

I've sometimes had an issue where I've right-clicked on a file and asked Avast to scan for viruses, only to have nothing happen. I've had to manually open the program and create a custom scan for the directory the file is in.

Scott T.
  • Industry: Insurance

No More Virus' Free

Reviewed on 6/12/2016

I remember the days of dealing with virus after virus, popup after disgusting and embarrassing popup. When I started using AVG and Advanced System Care the viruses, malware and computer slowdowns have been virtually non-existent. However, after a few years of using AVG, they started popping up ads and limiting their service so a little bit of malware started creeping in so I moved to Avast (at the recommendation of a computer geek friend of mine).

Although I do get tired of Avast popping up upgrades to their paid version, it is acceptable because I am not paying for the service. The paid version does have a few tantalizing features but I am still not convinced I need them. The free version keeps viruses and malware from afflicting my surfing capabilities and that is the main reason I need this level of security.

Another important factor: We sell a CRM that also offers drip marketing capabilities. Some popular anti-virus products such as McAfee and Norton, will cause issues stopping emails from going out causing extreme frustration to our clients. I tell them to junk those programs and try Avast then their problems go away.

Pros

No hassles, no viruses, no wasting time.

Cons

Occasional popups trying to get you to upgrade to their paid version.

Jessica D.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Most recommended tool for efficient security of devices and files.

Reviewed on 17/3/2019

Pros

Avast has been the most efficient antivirus service that I have ever used. It fully secures my files and maintains 24/7 protection of my files and data. It performs really very well when it comes to scan files and plugin devices for any harmful viruses. Avast Business Antivirus also consists of extra few features which ensures better protection and improved service for protection against malwares. It also assists in protection against any kind of virus attacks from internet or any harmful downloaded files. It keeps the users informed about scheduled scans or virus attacks with pop-up notifications.

Cons

I have experienced gradual decrease in the processing time of my device after installing avast. It's a strong and heavy working tool which requires efficient systems to operate easily. It is also quite expensive but it is worthy of each and every bucks due to highly efficient service.

Louis C.

Avast offers our team a security option for anti virus protection that considers the needs of...

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

We investigated the open market options for cloud based anti virus security systems and discovered Avast features a corporate security
approach as opposed a more tradition single personal user based approach. Our servers are much more secure as a result of use
of Avast for business.

Pros

Avast Business offers what they call a "predictive" protection against maturing threats from virus and malware.
This proactive and less reactive approach to server protection is what we value most. Avast will identify potential
threats and alert they user as they arrive and are quarantined. We also value Avast's included checklist of tasks which
advise our control department how best to maintain satisfactory security levels per station. Avast will also scan our
NAS support devices to make sure they are also threat free.

Cons

Our only observation regarding a possible negative would be a consistent presentation of pop up ads which present
product offerings from Avast to us. There must be a more fluid and potentially less intrusive sales tactic available
for our team to learn more of Avast's substantial offerings without interrupting certain business .processes.
We hope Avast will examine alternatives to product presentation as we are happy to learn more regarding new options.

Adrian S.

Premium antivirus

Reviewed on 24/4/2020

It's necessary to have Avast or other Antivirus installed, with Avast you can have the trust of a well known industrie leader.

Pros

Avast is a premium antivirus, with many features and it really helps to keep your computer or mobile device safe. It has many extras to protect you against malware, it also can keep your password safe and be integrated with the most popular internet browsers.

Cons

Some features, like computer clenup or VPN services are not included, you can get this and more services by buying another license.

Peter W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

the best tool to keep your system and devices secure, doesn't take much space

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

I love Avast. It’s stable, reliable and doesn’t take much of computer space. I also love the effectiveness and the overall design-- it’s intuitive and easy to manage. I can highly recommend it.

Pros

The UI is simple and intuitive. This AV runs quietly with few interruptions. It updates periodically to detect unknown and emerging malicious programs that pose threat to your system, network, devices, emails etc. it is quick to detect and prevent virus, malware, spyware and other dangerous programs. I also like that It checks email attachments and gives a warning if the attached files contain potentially harmful program...

Cons

There are many features that don’t need or use. I also don’t like the popups—they are quite irritating especially when you start using this anti-virus. The pricing per user is high and I would be glad if it goes down. Deep scanning is sometimes slow

Adelaynes C.

There is a before and after after using avast in my work and at home. Excellent antivirus

Reviewed on 27/6/2018

Avast, is a software that I highly recommend to those companies that for one reason or another, want to protect files and programs that can be harmed by viruses, ramsomware and other worms that extract information from computers and databases. Avast Antivirus Pro Plus is a great investment that should not be underestimated.

Pros

One of the elements that influenced to use this software permanently, is its analysis of the PC at startup, preventing malicious programs from having the opportunity to open. Another fundamental feature that I highlight of this software is that I can use it freely to analyze areas of the PC, allowing me to have more autonomy and control of it. And last, and not least, is its ability to identify (thanks to its updates), the latest malicious files that decrease the operation of the computer, leaving a more reliable and enjoyable experience when using my PC and the Internet.

Cons

After having used other antivirus and comparing it with this one, I do not have any kind of cons or complaints about it. I think that Avast worked well when it was installed in my company and when I decided to buy the license to use it domestically

Dusan P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Personal Favorite

Reviewed on 27/5/2019

As an additional note, the company that created this program knows their humor, because whenever there is an update and after its done, there are plenty of options to pick from regarding postpone time for a restart. The last option is "Next Century". It makes me chuckle from time to time.

Pros

I have been using this antivirus software on my main PC for years. With it you are able to do a quick scan, or run a thorough scanning of your computer. It is successful in finding all the threats. I highly recommend it to anyone with a wish to obtain an excellent software against infectious internet threats.

Cons

Besides its tendency to occasionally detect false positives, there are no complaints from my side. It does its job properly.

Brian M.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Avast is an powerful antivirus software

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

Avast antivirus is a spectacular tool that has high virus definition, anticipates the needs of the users, is kept current and is regularly updated and most of all is multiplatform.

Pros

Avast is a tool that's very easy to set up and to install and I love that it functions so greatly on all platforms on both mobile and desktop.
Avast is very intuitively built to anticipate every expectation from providing device protection, internet protection, security and to running and performing regular scans on devices.
Avast is a powerful antivirus software that is effective against malware and that does not slow down your device.
The creators do a great job of updating it as often as possible to ensure it stays current and fighting new viruses and trojans.

Cons

The pricing is a bit high especially for middle-sized and small-sized companies.
The mobile software is not as advanced as its counterpart software Kaspersky.
I also hate the annoying notifications that will keep popping on my screen.

Jesse E.

My experience with using Avast Business Antivirus software

Reviewed on 27/4/2018

I recommend this software to everyone it does what it says it does and what it is supposed to do. Its also very user friendly.

Pros

I like this software because it is simple and user friendly. It seems to do everything that it is meant to do. It finds harmful files and gives me the option of what to do with them when it finds them. I use this software on all my devices including my cell phone. It does not really slow down your device when it is running or scanning for harmful files. I have had no issues with it will keep using for my default antivirus app.

Cons

There is not really to much negative I could mention about this software. I wish it had more device options like duplicate file finder and delete, or being able to uninstall programs no matter what device I am using. I been using this software program for a long time and have had no issues or regrets

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best Antivirus Software in the World

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

I feel safe with Avast more than any other Antivirus Application.

Pros

Simple interface with more functionalities. Easy to use. Speed and Accuracy are high with respect to other Antivirus Application. Works with Windows perfectly. Not only for Windows there are versions works with Mac, Android, iPhones etc. Ransomware Shield, Real Site, Sandbox are special functions of this Application. Avast Cleanup is one of best PC TuneUp Application. It's not coming with the antivirus application edition.

Cons

It catches Virus infected files and then immediately put them into virus chest. We can't involve to that process before application does. Actually, that's not a big issue.

A very good antivirus

Reviewed on 7/2/2018

No virus infection since I use it.

Pros

I like that it "lurks" in the background and only pops-up when something is detected. This is on my work computer and until now (almost 2 years) never had a problem with a virus. Ransomware is the scare here (lots of business documents), but up until now no infection. It also has multiple integrations (browser, email) and thus protects when browsing as well - very good against phishing.

Cons

If there's one thing I can complain about it's the fact that whenever you visit Google Play (or iOS), you get a notification in the tray that you could install their mobile app on Android. Although I'm on a desktop. Feels a bit intrusive.

Frederic H.

A secure, friendly and powerfull antivirus

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

Very usefull, you have alert , in real time anlyse and powerfull tools in case of infection

Pros

If you a virus in your Microsoft WIndows operating system avast willl reboot and do an powerfull analyse to clean it and reboot after..By this way the virus wil be cleared for sure

Cons

Avast dont have a scheduled action plan to clean virus vault and if you dont do it by yourself the virus in quarantine will stay in your computer

Response from Avast

Hi Frederic,
Thank you for your feedback and for your suggestion.
To formally submit a new idea to our developers, please click the "+ Submit idea" button at the top right of our product board page here: https://portal.productboard.com/afb/1-avast-business-hub/tabs/1-roadmap/submit-idea.

Ricky M.

Good free antivirus, now with tools

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

Pros

Good antivirus for PC, with an easy to use interface, is free and has a good heuristic; to recognize malicious codes such as viruses, worms, trojans, etc. and protects in real time and also monitors the most common ways of virus entry, such as P2P programs, messaging programs protects. It also has features, such as a WiFi network scanner, shielding the network against intruders
Update your database daily

Cons

One of its main disadvantages is that it does not have protection against rasomware, Backdoorsy and has no firewall and to update the database you need to have an internet connection

Ezekiel O.

avast clean everything

Reviewed on 22/1/2020

The software has help us secure several pc a against protection from virus and malware.

Pros

One of the most interesting, part about avast is the clean up it does, it doesn't erase document or corrupt my document but at the same let me know when it's necessary for new update with free download and trial before purchase

Cons

The result is great and i do nit have bad side using the software, though it takes plenty time to complete general cleaning of the system but its really worth it.

Jonathan M.
  • Industry: Sports

is an antivirus that facilitates the use of my computer, before I had problems when working...

Reviewed on 6/7/2018

I was able to solve the virus problems that my computer had, analysis and elimination of useless files that took up space. In addition, having an antivirus is fundamental especially for people who download files from different pages of dubious provenances.

Pros

Periodically I recommend doing an analysis of my computer to eliminate any threat that prevents the proper functioning of this. Also warns me if by some download, cd, usb, there is a threat and so, it is filled with viruses after viruses and that can even damage the computer. I also like that it is easy to use, it does not represent a tedious job when performing an analysis on a file.

Cons

Firstly it represents a space in the memory of my computer, it is not much but it represents it. In some cases, the file is completely secure but the software insists on performing an analysis. In some cases, in some countries the software may become immune to programmers and spies who try to steal some large data.

Maribel L.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Total Protection

Reviewed on 21/9/2018

In my work I need to copy from memory devices or download from my email server the documents sent by my students, in addition to consulting various information through the internet, so having Avast gives me the peace of mind that my PC is protected.

Pros

Easy installation, very nice interface and easy to use. Automatically scan any device that is connected to the PC, detecting and blocking any danger. It also protects my computer from websites that may be infected and can host viruses, worms, Trojans, etc. on my PC and also monitors instant messaging and email programs. It is updated daily and provides protection in real time.

Cons

If the speed of the internet is slow when the Avast is updated, the speed of execution of other programs may be affected.

Michael J.
  • Industry: Media Production

Avast! A Virus Protection that Actually Works!!

Reviewed on 20/9/2018

Pros

Love that it works, keeps you safe on the net, has lots of extras that you can add on for a fee, of course. Love that it automatically loads and updates on its own. NO reminders or manual checks needed, unless, of course, you'd prefer it that way. Doesn't slow down computer and just sits silently in the background on guard, 24/7!

Cons

It use to be completely free, but recently, they took a few things out of the "free" package and are making one pay for them, if they want them. They are getting bigger, so seeing packages costs go up over the years

Greg C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Affordable without the bloatware

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

We needed a cloud based AV software that could be easily deployed to remote employees without the need for server access.

Pros

The deployment of Avast was simple and straightforward. Since it is managed from the cloud there is no need to maintain an onsite server which saves money in the long run. It also doesn't come with any bloat ware and takes minimal resrouces to run in the background.

Cons

My only con is that it often will detect normal processes from installed services or installations as possibly harmful. You can add exceptions when you run into this as a workaround.

Nyeisa B.

I like using the Avast Software

Reviewed on 15/5/2018

Avast for Business is a cloud-based endpoint security solution aimed squarely at the busienss user. It provides critical protection to Window PCs and Mac devices along with Mic servers.

Pros

I use the Avast software on my pc for years it is a good thorough antivirus. It does basically everything it is supposed to do. I like using cloud based systems that hold your data in the storage so you can access it from every device you use. In addition it provides malware protection, scanning, anti-phishing, regularly streamed updates and application control

Cons

if you are a business you are limited to FAQs and email help support only which could slow business development down dealing with some one over email. Nothing else negative I could think of.

Warren S.

An Excellent Antivirus Solution

Reviewed on 31/8/2019

There's no full-proof solution to secure your device, but Avast comes close. Since I've been using their applications I have not encountered a critical infection that put my device out of commission. Neither have my clients. I use Avast to protect all my devices and business related project files.

Pros

Intuitive, clean, and user to use interface. Does not hog resources. Many scanning options and configurations. Works across operating systems.

Cons

I've been using Avast products and services for years as well as recommend them to friends, family, and clients. I have no complaints.