Lever

4.6/5
4.6/5

Jessica
Jessica

Lever is such a user-friendly tool and a huge improvement for us!

Reviewed on 3/5/2022

We weren't able to successfully build a robust database previously. Lever allows you to do that in an organized way. Also, the metrics/reporting capabilities even within the enhanced package is far superior to those I've used previously.

Pros

I love the UI/UX of Lever. It's super user-friendly and easy to figure out overall. Lots of capabilities we didn't have before. Compared to the solutions I've used before (JazzHR and BreezyHR for smaller businesses), it's like night and day. SO much better.

Cons

There are some features that are missing/need to be improved. They aren't dealbreakers, though. For instance, you can't manually update job posting dates. Also, the site doesn't have many partnerships with free job boards allowing you to automatically push out postings to them. It's integrated with LinkedIn and has a recent integration with Indeed as well, but that's it. If you want postings on other job boards, you have to manually do it, which is a decent amount of work.

Reasons for Choosing Lever

BreezyHR was lacking in functionality for a globally dispersed recruitment team at a high growth company.

Breezy

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Better sales experience and better interface
Chengeer
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Does the job on the budget. If you have $ go with a more expensive one.

Reviewed on 11/3/2023

Overall 4/5. There are things that I would change but as I said it does the job. At the end of the day, it is all a question of your usage, your team, the scale of the business, and ofc your budget. Lever is a great solution if you have a small team under 10 recruiters, company size under 1k, and a small budget to operate with. If you know how to run scrappy and get things done, Lever is a solid choice.

Pros

Simple.Intuitive. Extremely easy to onboard new recruiters and get them up to speed. All the basic functionality to run a quick process is there. Not expensive - for the price point I would say delivers a lot of value.

Cons

Not innovative. They accept feedback - but nothing gets implemented. Even simple things that should take no time. I wish they were listening to the customers who are using the product every day - we want to help and make Lever better.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM, Ashby, BambooHR and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Lever

I am not the decision-maker for the implementation. When I joined the team - Lever was already there.

Painful enough to leave my first review on anything work related

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Based on the above am clearly not very happy. That said, I have only used Lever and Greenhouse (which is far far better). I feel like some negative grump leaving this review, but in 4 months I have wasted hours trying to get feature requests, figuring simple things out like specific plans for certain roles, only to find it literally isn't an option.I feel like they have given up on this, it could be so much better, get a small team with proper UI/UX skills and it could be a really good ATS.

Pros

It looks ok, isn't slow, I like the font.Customer service is actually good (although feature requests don't get completed).

Cons

No point in listing everything or I'll be here for days, I've already flagged them as feature requests months ago and not heard anything back. This ATS, whilst fast and not completely useless is just so painful in so many ways, the amount of illogical UX/UI that has been put into this is baffling - the main outstanding one being that jobs and candidates are kept in separate channels... what!?- Can't format feedback forms.- Any interview plan you set up is duplicated across ALLjobs.. you can't have specific plans for specific roles, are you kidding me right?- Can't turn off email notifications for reminding to submit feedback, even though there is a notification options in settings (missing the option).- When you are rejecting/archiving people if you type out an email and accidentally click off it's all deleted and does not save, this happens with other parts as well (if you just send a norma email it does save).- Want to return to the candidate after leaving feedback? You have to open a new tab.- Scheduling feels like someone doing A level comp science has built it, basic and not efficient. - No customisation settings - sorry, deal with the grey, bleak looking system (other than the font).- Don't get me started on the analytics, it's so poor.

Response from Employ

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. The Lever team is here to help. Please submit a request to the Lever Support team: https://help.lever.co/hc/en-us/requests/new

You have opted to keep your contact information hidden; if you change your mind and would like to provide the name of your organization, we can connect you with a rep for support as well.

Marie

Wonderful to Work With - [sensitive content hidden]

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

Pros

This review is specific to our implementation lead, [sensitive content hidden]
. I have gone through many implementations throughout my career and could say without a doubt [sensitive content hidden]
has made this the easiest! He is attentive, professional, supportive, and an expert at what he does.

Cons

Nothing to note here - we have successfully completed implementation without issue.

Cinthia
Cinthia

Best ATS Ever!!

Reviewed on 26/1/2022

The team has been amazing! Since the 1st contact, demos, implementation, everything has been great!

Pros

The integrations with LinkedIn, HackerRank, Fetcher, Slack are amazing!

Cons

Please give us Hiring Manager Satisfaction Surveys and improve the automation feature!!

Zoho Recruit, SmartRecruiters, Avature and Greenhouse

Better trearment

Reasons for Switching to Lever

The functions, integrations, talent intelligence module, and all the support provided by their team :)
Payton
Payton

New to Lever

Reviewed on 23/12/2021

The communication and support while considering to go with Lever and again when implementing, was phenomenal.

Pros

My favorite aspect about Lever is being able to send candidates profiles and notes to one of our hiring managers and it goes straight to their email. The hiring manager can respond to the note without even having to log into lever. I also love the ease of setting interviews and calendar invites in one, simple step.

Cons

I wish we had known about more Lever features before we were assigned to the basic package because if the quoted pricing included items such as DocuSign and the Preferred Support were included, we would most likely have those.

Breezy

Reasons for Choosing Lever

The communication and support from AAIM was obsolete.

Reasons for Switching to Lever

We decided we loved our interactions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], and our [SENSITIVE CONTENT], were interactions we wanted to have with our new ATS system because that is what we were lacking before. Those two ladies made all the difference to us!
Emily
Emily
  • Industry: Online Media

Great ATS for a small HR team

Reviewed on 27/4/2021

Our initial talks with Lever before selecting the ATS as well as our implementation process could not have been easier and more enjoyable! Ever member of our team was available to answer questions and walk us through the process and troubleshoot any roadblocks (though there were not many!)

Pros

Lever provides valuable insights for a small HR team lacking a dedication recruiter. We were able to streamline our process, implement standardized feedback forms, and more easily communicate with candidates at every step of the process. We love having a single source of truth and know that Lever will be able to grow with our team.

Cons

The reporting feature is a little daunting but that's mostly because my team has never had an ATS before, so this is all new to us! The upcoming additional data visualizations in reporting I think will make this transition easier for me and my team.

Workable and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Lever

The ability to scale up as our recruiting needs scale. Customization of the system and reporting functions were key in making the decision.
Sarah
Sarah

Best Candidate Tracking Software!

Reviewed on 24/8/2021

Using Lever has been a breeze. It's so easy to track candidates, but also to save resumes for later review. We love using Lever!

Pros

Lever makes it so so easy to recruit and track candidates for multiple job postings. The job site it creates is easy to navigate and integrates very simply into our company's website. I love that you can manage each posting separately and even assign different hiring managers to each. By far, my favorite feature are the interview feedback forms. This makes it easy to see what all interviewers think of the candidate and allow them to jot down notes throughout the process.

Cons

There's not much that I don't like about Lever. Occasionally, the email connection breaks and you have to reconnect your email, but that's super easy.

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Lever had more of the features we were looking for.
Paul
Paul
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A simple candidate experience tied to a robust and data rich back office engine

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

I would recommend Lever over every other product I have used in the past, including products built by Payroll providers ADP, Paylocity and Paycom. More flexible, easier to use and more client intuitive

Pros

Easy to Deploy. Great staff to work with us

Cons

Price is always an issue with Not For Profit, but our time savings has been worth it

Kenneth
Kenneth

One of the Best ATSes out there

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

Solving the entire Talent Acquisition cycle with the tool to improve efficiency, candidate experience and reduce cost of sourcing

Pros

Extremely easy to use and integrated with the GSuite makes this product super easy to use.

Cons

Any form of changes or customisation to your existing process needs are sometimes covered as a new feature with a cost

hireXP, Naukri RMS and Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Better value for money and simply the best features
Michaela

Smart ATS + CRM tool

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

We went through the implementation led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and that was superb. Overall the customer care is strong and I like the product.

There are several features that Lever should work on so it fits better organizations of a larger scale (1000+) as some of the workflows are just not granular enough.

Pros

- sourcing part
- integrations with other systems
- the system is smart so it is limiting mistakes
- reporting is strong (as the system does not allow many mistakes)

Cons

GDPR options are very simple, we need them more advanced as a EU based company
user roles - too simple for us, again we would need to have them more granular
email/interview templates - it would be great if these could be preset based on the interview name/type - it would save a lot of time to search through templates
department/team set up - as this affects the entire system and automation it is very hard to set it up correctly, as we are an organization of larger scale, it is just not enough granular for us
job offer approval set up - again not granular enough for us

SmartRecruiters and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Jobvite did not allow keeping Job postings and requisitions separate The interface was quite old-fashioned and some tasks took way too many clicks to do Jobvite was very rigid when we needed to make any changes from the standard

Jobvite

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Lever was better fitting our business needs - strong CRM + ATS that helps with clear reporting
Marina
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Data-Driven ATS

Reviewed on 3/10/2020

ATS that cares about people.

ATS that cares about people.

Pros

Switched from a no-reporting ATS to Lever and it has been such a wonderful experience so far. The whole tool is built with candidates and candidate experience in mind. I honestly cannot imagine going back to how we used to work.

Working with candidate profiles is intuitive and fast - especially with the newest feature CV Review.

The Chrome extension makes sourcing on Linkedin a breezy.

Our account manager during closing the deal was absolutely lovely - she was a great support in pitching the proposal to the business and getting us the best price we could afford. Thanks, Lo!

Cons

I'm gonna have to say customer support. Issues are rarely resolved on the first try - they also work US hours only which makes it really hard to fix critical issues on day 1.

Lately there have been more issues with the platform than before. Though Lever sent an email about it, why it happened and how they will ensure it doesn't repeat in the future.

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Greenhouse had too many things that could be tweaked making reporting unreliable. Their account management team also came across as pushy, dishonest and overall only looking to score a sale.
Maggie

Easy to use, but robust ATS!

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Pros

I love the clean user interface in Lever and how easy it is to learn how to use. I love all the the (seemingly) simple features that make a huge difference in the candidate experience (ie. easy scheduling, email templates, delayed email feature, offer letter integration, interview feedback reminders, etc). The support team is extremely helpful and responds quickly. The launchpad site with hundreds of posts on how to use the features is invaluable.

Cons

The only thing I would like is Lever to have more free job board integrations (ie. automatically posts to various job boards without me having to pay for separate posts)

James

RLL = Recruiters Love Lever

Reviewed on 29/3/2017

Pros

Lever is a very intuitive product, and takes the recruiting efforts of any organization to the next level. The interface is extremely user friendly, and helps streamline candidate experience. Their Customer Success team is amazing, and they are always willing to go above and beyond for their clients.

I first came across Lever when I was leading recruiting efforts at a startup called Bluecore. I was all but settled on selecting Greenhouse as our ATS, not because I thought it was better than Lever, but simply because Greenhouse was the ATS that I heard the most buzz about. Before pulling the trigger, though, I decided it would be a good idea to see what else was out there, and at least take a look at another option or two. I reached out to my Recruiter network, and my buddy at Foursquare mentioned to me that they were using Lever, and that he really liked it. I set up a demo, and the rest is history. Lever knocked the demo out of the park, and I have had an amazing relationship with the company since.

When I eventually left Bluecore to become the Director of Talent at Docurated, I made sure during the interview process that I would be able to bring Lever with me. The product is continuously improving, and I look forward to being a part of the ride.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Lever, as I am a big proponent of all of it's functionalities. If I had to pick something, I would suggest that Lever start working with more job posting sites to enhance it's capabilities on the frontend. Blasting out job postings to Indeed and other top job sites, besides for just Glassdoor and LinkedIn (I think you can only do this if you purchase job posting slots from these sites), would be awesome. Right now I am using Built In NYC in additional to Lever to ensure I get the most bang for my buck in regards to driving inbound candidate flow.

Mike

Smooth, easy, and frustration free

Reviewed on 25/1/2018

I used Lever for years at RedOwl (but was not involved in the implementation) and implemented it here at Cybrary. It has had an immediate positive impact. I have recommended it to friends in the past from a user's perspective and now that I've gone through deploying/implementing it, I only feel that much stronger and more positive about your product and recommending it.

Pros

Having the implementation plan and scheduled checkins with cust support has helped a lot in getting me to focus on the right things at the right time. Lever does a great job at striking the balance between "highly configurable" and ready to use out of the box: most of what we need is pre-configured properly (making deployment easy) and the fact that most things are configurable/customizable is great (making it easier to tweak those things where we need to deviate from "norm").

Cust support rep was great and answered many questions that went beyond Lever features/functions/configurations. I enjoyed working with him and he was very helpful -- as the VP of Engineering, "HR" isn't exactly my wheelhouse. He took into account our specific needs and suggested best practices that took into account other considerations (e.g. legal).

Cons

As you are aware, it would be great if EasyBook was more of a global feature. It would be great if a coworker could use the links and email templates I configured. Also I wish schedules could be modified by the people being scheduled rather than just by the owner of the link. Finally, consider treating "Tentative" or "Maybe" as Accepted/Busy on calendars (or making that more configurable); there have been a couple of race conditions on scheduling phone screens: Developer is invited to a planning meeting but has not yet accepted and then gets booked for a conflicting phone screen.

Archive reasons should have long descriptions/reminder text/instructions in the app. For example, we "stole" Lever's "Wrong Motivations" archive reason but I'm sure that folks are not clear on what that means and when to use it. It would be great to have reminders/instructions in-app to help folks pick the best one.

Candice
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Mostly good

Reviewed on 23/7/2018

This is a pro and a con - When processing a candidate for a role, it's good to be able to have visibility of what stages they're at with other roles they've applied to. But then it becomes a bit annoying when trying to process them for one role, but having to either decline or progress them for any other roles they've applied for, even if they aren't your roles.

Pros

- I like the way Lever processes candidates (pipeline). It's straightforward to use.
- Great visibility of candidate notes.
- It's fast at updating across the system, good synchronisation.
- I like the way the feedback works between Outlook/hiring managers email.
- New interview feature to show if hiring managers have accepted their interview invitations.
- We like that it integrates with DocuSign and Outlook, and the chrome extension for LinkedIn.
- It's cloud-based so we can log in from anywhere.
- Evan is awesome

Cons

- We can't use bullet points in Offer forms because they don't format correctly in the final contract.
- Formatting of job description (can't do bullet points)
- It's challenging for hiring managers to find the 'approve' button when offer approval emails come through (it's at the bottom of the email and then it's not clear when they open the candidate's profile.
- Could have more use of colour coding.
- Hiring managers keep their access to individual profiles after their jobs have closed (then managers complain about receiving too many notifications)
- There should be multiple Offer forms (for each of our locations for e.g.)

Sara

Incredibly easy to use with a top notch team to support it!

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Overall, this is a great software that continues to release new things - both big & small - to improve the workflows for its users! The team is dedicated to improving recruiting & company culture. At the very least, subscribe to their emails for some thoughtful content!

Pros

-First off, the sales & implementation teams are fantastic. I had a great experience during the sales process (which is why I chose them over Greenhouse) & Customer support representative from implementation (customer success) has continued to be a trusted partner even post-onboarding.
-It's relatively easy to set up & manage ongoing updates. I pretty much built the entire thing when we switched from Jazz. While I have an implementation background, I'm no engineer, so kudos for making it easy to manage.
-Hiring managers love it - esp. product & engineering!
-The email templates are a life-changer.
-The sync with Google calendar for rooms & availability is also a life-changer.

Cons

While overall, it's a fantastic product, there are a few very nitpicky items I'd love to see modified down the road:

-More customization for job posts; there are a couple standard fields you can't change.
-Ability to sort applicants by certain criteria, i.e. if they included a cover letter or link to portfolio.
-Permission levels with more "pick & choose" customization.
-Changing interview times, teams, and feedback forms could be easier.
-Option to save commonly used filters -- for a super admin with access to all reqs, it can be a tad overwhelming, but I've hacked a good process with bookmarks!

Ghayathri
  • Industry: Market Research

Cost-effective ATS for small to mid-stage companies - Lever

Reviewed on 2/4/2023

Pros

Simple and effective, cost is affordable for growing organizations, and the way they price it based on employee count and not on a per-seat basis.

Cons

Reporting can be better, LinkedIn integration is a work in progress.

BambooHR

Ease of usage

Gmail, BambooHR and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Ease of usage, and the features are great.
Molly
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

We have loved our switch to Lever!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

Pros

We implemented Lever at the beginning of this year and are very happy overall with our switch. We originally chose to go with Lever because we liked how "candidate-centric" this platform was over other systems. We wanted an ATS that streamlined our application process, screening, and made scheduling a breeze and overall, we have found that!

The implementation and customer service team has been top-notch with Lever. Along the way, we have received answers to our questions right away. The videos and tutorials have been extremely helpful and the feedback response rate from our interviewers has increased. The integration with Microsoft Office365 with a single log-on process was well-received with our interview teams.

Our company fills a majority of our entry-level hires through campus recruiting and Lever has allowed us to organize our applications by school, events, position, etc. which has helped our team organize our campus recruiting efforts. We are also beginning to implement Lever "Nurture" to help with our recruiting campaigns and to help us recruit "passive candidates."

Overall, we are pleased with Lever and its functionality. We would recommend it completely.

Cons

The ease of use of reporting could be better, but Lever seems to be continually pushing out new updates.

Tommy
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Could be good depending on organizational need

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

Pros

Its super easy to use and great for tracking candidate pipeline. Simple for new hiring managers to understand and navigate

Cons

Its has the least functionality of all the modern ATS, it doesn't have much places where you can customize compared to Greenhouse, Ashby, etc.

Ashby and Greenhouse
Richard
  • Industry: Human Resources

Lever - an ok ATS with some flaws

Reviewed on 19/6/2021

Lever is a good tool for the candidate journey. It is easy to use and helps you move through the recruitment process quickly. However, from a reporting and reliability point of view, there are better systems out there.

Pros

Lever is a recruiting tool that is strongest on the candidate side. It makes it easy for candidates to apply for roles, and the internal interview system is decent too, making it pretty easy to collect feedback from hiring managers. It connects with email and calendars well, and there are integrations for other recruiting and HR tools.

Cons

If you are looking for a great candidate database or an awesome way to track your reports, Lever is not the tool for you. The platform has reliability issues and terrible reporting functionality that makes it hard to get any meaningful data out of the system at all.

Response from Employ

Thanks for the review, Richard! In August 2022, Lever released a product update making Visual Insights the default in-app analytics interface. Check out this new reporting!

Magali
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great ATS, very efficient customer support, and simple/user friendly tool for recruiters &...

Reviewed on 20/7/2018

When we screened other ATS vendors, before making the choice to partner with Lever, we sensed that Lever was the best team & had the best product on the market. Now that we've been using Lever for more than 8 months, I am confident it was the best choice, and they've been exceeded our expectations so many times!

Pros

Unlike other ATS that are cluttered / not logical, Lever is simple and makes sense! We've been using it for 8 months now, and our recruiters & hiring teams love it.
From an admin point of view, I also value the great quality of the customer success team, and the implementation teams. They provide almost real-time support, are very efficient, and always friendly!
Finally, the product is constantly evolving, and takes into account our own improvement requests, which feels like we're really partnerring with Lever.

Cons

Almost no access to reporting for recruiters, only 'admin' roles can access reporting, which had lead us to open the role "admin" to more people than what we initially wanted to. But the build-in reports are really useful.
There can be some data inconsistencies when it comes to reporting. Some data don't stock memory of changes, which is a challenge when we want to look deeper into more advanced historical reports.

Kendell
  • Industry: Market Research

Leading ATS for a Reason

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

We didn't have a good ATS prior to Lever, so this is solving every possible problem.

Pros

Lever is a fantastic ATS for growing companies looking for a more robust system. The add-on of Nurture helps support talent acquisition, which is a differentiator in the ATS market. Lever makes it super easy to schedule interviews, create feedback forms (and make sure they're filled out), etc. It helps keep everyone accountable on all sides. The onboarding was quick and easy (shout out to Rain!).

Cons

I wish I could manually upload a CSV of candidates to a job

JobScore and Greenhouse

BambooHR
Jing Pei

Top-notch ATS

Reviewed on 21/4/2017

I have ~10 years of recruiting experience, Lever is by far the best ATS in my opinion. The pipeline-centric product was very intuitive, came with great functionality, including Google/ Slack/ DocuSign integration. Love the UI, easy to follow/ track our job postings and candidates. The UI was excellent, most of my team took very little time to get comfortable with this platform - a big boost for employee participation in recruitment. We have a very small recruiting team, Lever really made a huge difference to the way we manage the candidate journey. Bonus: Excellent sales and customer support team, it's always a joy to work with them!

Pros

The product was very intuitive, and came with great functionality, including Google/ Slack/ DocuSign integration. Love the pipeline design, easy to follow/ track our job postings and candidates. The UI was excellent, most of my team took very little time to get comfortable with this platform - a big boost for employee participation in recruitment. We have a very small recruiting team, Lever really made a huge difference to the way we manage the candidate journey. Bonus: Excellent sales and customer support team, it's always a joy to work with them!

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about Lever.

Stunned at the positive reviews

Reviewed on 31/1/2019

Pros

I love the products capability to schedule candidate interviews, connect with LinkedIn and our HRIS system. Absolutely love those aspects.

Cons

1) Complete lack of customer, my problems are not resolved. I literally can not speak to a PERSON. I am forced to live chat and have literally never resolved a problem using this mechanism. I am routinely sent a link to read that I've already read that DOES NOT answer my questions. 2) there are no videos online to watch to self train I have found very valuable with other softwares 3) the training offered by the company was nowhere near effective nor efficient. I love literally every system I have worked with career to date and want to love Lever but the poor / complete lack of customer service has forced me to leave the platform. I DO NOT recommend. Much better systems out there. Even if they don't schedule candidate interviews. I intend to work with another firm to add this feature as its the only "bell + whistle" missing from their current package. And not difficult to add. I am just stunned Lever will not offer a live help center, so disappointing.