CMiC

Complete Construction Management Software

4.2 /5 (165 reviews) Write a Review!

Caloub H.

CMiC - The Future of the Construction Industry

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

I think CMiC is a solid solution with abundant features and capabilities. We have only "unlocked" about 10% of the tool, so I hope we keep growing and leaning the CMiC solution. I wish our company used more of the program - there's so many helpful tools. The CMiC team has been a pleasure, overall, to work with. We look forward to growing with CMiC in the future.

Pros

People that work at CMiC, overall, are all awesome. Paul in sales, and Chet in support, are (2) especially solid individuals that come to mind. The ECM Plug In is great! That tool alone is worth CMiC. Support staff is usually very responsive when issues arise. TONS of features and capabilities! I like that CMiC has updates often - makes you feel comfortable that they're continually trying to support their clients and improve their product.

Manage and manage your Project with this Solid Tool.

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Pros

Used in my organization for the continuous administration of projects, allows you to be aware of all the details of the Project thanks to its variety of tool, has a very good technical support.
It allows you to get details of expenses, cost, quotes and has a very solid and reliable system.

Cons

It is important to maintain good speed on your computer since the software tends to be a bit slow when you use it.
Expensive depending on what you need in your organization.
It is important to be clear about waiting for this software before acquiring it, since it tends to be expensive.

Edward R.

Miron Construction Co., Inc - Review

Reviewed on 13/2/2017

We have been in production with CMIC for almost three years now. As we have become more adept at the function and
features, we continue to find more value and benefits to the application. We are impressed with the scope of the
application, as CMIC handles almost all aspects of our financials, human capital management and project management.
New features for mobile, dashboards & analytics and digital signature are all very positive additions to the product.

Pros

CMIC is highly integrated and was designed as such from the very beginning. Nothing in CMIC feels "bolted on".
The quality of the software is high and scope and breadth of the system are excellent.

Cons

Output & reporting is a bit weak. We are anxious to see the new dashboard and analytics feature to see if the new
module will help to address this issue.

Eugene E.

Single Source of Truth

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

It has been a good 10 years

Pros

Single database has a lot of power and provides a wonderful platform for reporting and queries. The abundance of different modules gives us the flexibility to keep most of our processes in a single platform and illuminate integrations

Cons

As a large system it has an incredibly complex backend. Patches can cause issues that don’t show up in testing because of all the use cases that customers have for this particular software

Jean-christophe G.

A globally great product

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

CMiC is a really powerful tool. The product itself is really good. The data flows between all different modules without any problem. It is great to be able to run the pay for a week than being able to track our cost in real-time. CMiC also provides us a way to implement different standards in the company. Instead of having multiple ways of doing things, we now have "THE" way.

Overall, CMiC is a great product built towards GC. CMiC does everything, or almost. It will give any construction company a clear advantage over competitor if enough time and resources are spent to make it fits the need of the company

Pros

Having the data in real-time for PM. ADF is a powerful technology allowing us to customize the software. Being able to import/export from Excel is great. It should be available in almost all screens. Log Builder. It does everything: payroll, AP, AR, PM, ....

Jackie S.

How I View CMiC

Reviewed on 17/2/2017

My primary use is in the accounting portion of the software which at times can present a challenge but I believe it is like that with any and possibly all specific software. We always want it to be easier than it was a week ago. Some of the necessary steps seem redundant in some ways and could just be safe passages to get the end result, I do not know. For my work in this system, I can get my job done easy enough, answer questions through the available info access points accurately which is what the leader want. Is there room for improvement - Yes, when is there not?

Pros

The invoice data entry mod is great, whether it be registered or voucher. Kind of hard to mess that up which is nice. Vendor detail reports are key to tracking - love them and that I can get them in any format I choose.

Lauren C.

Overall very pleased with the software

Reviewed on 25/8/2017

Pros

We have been using CMiC for over three years now. The software was a great fit for our construction company. Once properly set up the system is very user-friendly. The reports run nicely and could be easily converted to Excel or PDF.

Cons

Frequent updates and sometimes reports won't run when needed. Invest time and money in the initial set up- you won't regret it!

Jennifer R.

After a year in...

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Familiarize yourself with the software before going live, if possible.

Pros

As a new user, learning the system was a bit challenging and there are many items we have yet to utilize. There is a lot of potentials, and it seems like it is being constantly improved.
I really like:
- Real-time job cost data
- ability to import/export from Excel
- Cloud-Based

Cons

Ease of use in certain areas (e.g. "select all" buttons would be nice), inconsistency in advice/set-up from trainers, would like there to be an interface for paying payroll liabilities.

Maritza M.

Cmic review

Reviewed on 15/3/2017

Double check your data output.

Pros

Once you learn it, it is easy to navigate.

Cons

Custom reporting options are limited.

Kate N.

Get rid of your filing cabinets!

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

Training was thorough and assisted me in getting my project setup and even followed up with me after I was using the program for several months. Initial learning curve is a little steep, but using the program daily helps, just like learning a foreign language -- usage creates more ease with the program. I used it mainly for communication with all of the project players and as a repository for all project documents.

Pros

It's reliability and unlimited storage capacity.

Avideh S.

CMiC Review

Reviewed on 17/2/2017

I work a construction management company and use CMiC on a daily basis to track and document every step of the construction process. It has been very helpful to me as it has kept all project documents very organized and easily accessible.

Pros

Ease of access and user friendliness.

Valerie C.

Project Manager Review

Reviewed on 21/11/2017

It is very easy to use, just becoming familiar with the tabs but the software itself is very helpful

Pros

I have been using the CMIC software for 3 months now and I do enjoy how it links all the components of my projects together. I am a Project Manager for a Real Estate Developer in South Florida. I like the cost status query option to input a change order and then have it show as pending in the query even if it's not posted yet. I also like how the log-in is secure and how I can link multiple projects to one dashboard. Lastly, I like the way we can attach back up to the change orders or subcontract tabs.

Cons

I really enjoy the software as a whole. It would be great if it could link to outlook so emails on my mac would upload immediately into the communications folder.

Nicole B.

ROSSCLAIR review of CMiC

Reviewed on 21/11/2017

Still learning lots but able to see the benefit.

Pros

1) We LOVE being able to link invoices directly to Subcontracts/Changes, makes it easy to see if the sub has overbilled and what is approved or not
2) accounting reports are much clearer then our old system

Cons

1) wish we could send I/O emails from more programs likes PCI or Subcontracts
2) the save/close/accept buttons in different spots all the time

Joshua A.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Terrrible, not worth the headache.

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

None, worst program ever, delete this thing and use spreadsheets. or upgrade to a real software like procore.

Pros

Nothing, this is one of the worst programs ever to be implemented and forced on the field side of construction.

Cons

interface appears to be from 1985, crashes multiple times, resets and erases work in progress setting you back days. no clear path to update or search for RFIs, ASI's or general information. completing dailies on this thing is painful at best. sometimes will not send out documents even though it tells you it has, creating large contract document disputes. its a PM program forced on field supervision that does not help the field side at all.

Jeff B.
  • Industry: Design

Meeting minutes/daily log

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Very in-depth software. Look through everything before starting.

Pros

I use the daily log and meeting minutes every day. Satisfied with all that the software offers especially with regards to the daily log.

Cons

Meeting minutes entry. Difficulty entering names of attendees and sequencing.

Becky B.

It was a long road, but we are finally seeing a ROI

Reviewed on 24/4/2018

Pros

We are on the cloud based version which seems to be going well. It's a new version, so it is constantly being updated/improved. Support team is easy to reach and nice. We generally get the same person which is huge since they are familiar with our setup.

Cons

The implementation process was tedious, time consuming, and slightly painful. We thought we were setting up things correctly, but since then have had to make a lot of corrections. Setting up our accruals should be fairly simple but have taken a long time and are still not calculating correctly. Very little customization. Getting a custom report is expensive and takes months.

Veronica B.

CMiC Review

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Pros

What I like most about this software is that you have two different sides to this software which you can work on accounting entering upload and processing to a work flow where you can have uper management approval invoices for payment so it’s like two sets of eyes liking at your work before you process payment. We have a project side where each project manager can see owl and what is going on in their projects

Cons

The software still haves a lot of glitches.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

It's user friendly once I got used to it.

Reviewed on 29/8/2018

Pros

The AR portion is much easier to use than our previous software. I really like the reports that can be generated once CMIC was able to customize them for PBI.

Cons

It requires lots of patience. If you can get past the trial and error portion to customize the system for your needs it's a pretty good investment.

Kyle K.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

CMIC is powerful and a key find but be careful

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

While we found it to be very impressive, also found it to have many little things that only came to light after significant due diligence. For a large GC, this should clearly be in the final round for selection but if not a large GC, be cautious as there will be gaps and struggles for fit.

Pros

CMIC is an impressive product with tons of features, functionality, scalable to a large number of users and stable. It also has the ability to integrate with a few of our key platforms.

Cons

While the pros are there, it comes with a price. The implementation will take atleast 6 months and often times close to a year based on all of the configuration and training needed. Also, become very dependent on the CMIC team for custom items and going forward. Make sure your business demands this level of enterprise application and that you've done enough homework to have everyone on the same page. I can see it very valuable for large GC's however any specialty trade or smaller construction will have a challenging time.

Carley M.

CMiC USer Report

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Worth looking into has a lot of cool features that keep documents organized for PMs.

Pros

I use a little bit of the accounting and that works well. Three things i like about the software:
1. Web based 2. Clean interface 3. Good training staff

Cons

1. When things are entered or saved I wish the page would turn or go gray its confusing if it actually saved. 2. No payroll access yet 3. The name

Tyler D.

Mazenga Building Group Product Review

Reviewed on 13/2/2017

This software is user-friendly and helps make project maintenance and management a breeze! It helps track all your
project documents in an easy to use format.

Pros

I like the change order management capabilities.

Cons

There are sometimes too many restrictions between users in our company.

Bonnie M.

Likely if company is large enough.

Reviewed on 3/3/2015

Pros

It is cloud-based. There's no need to do periodic updates and maintain the software ourselves.

Cons

They're still working out a few kinks. Mouse and data entry isn't as smooth as it should be. It's somewhat sensitive and I get kicked out often. Different web browsers work differently. I'm constantly changing web browsers due to this.

Daniel S.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Decent project management suite that offers the ability to build out and create items for your...

Reviewed on 5/4/2018

A all in one, secure project management suite.

Pros

Functional in reporting and compiling information
Adaptive, allowing for creating on what your organization needs
Inegrative with current software and 3rd party systems.

Cons

UX/UI is lacking and seems outdated
Cost money to develop it to what is needed
Very little has been done in R and D

John H.

Just Beginning

Reviewed on 17/2/2017

CMIC has only been rolled out for about 3 weeks so far within our company. It seems useful so far but I have not had a chance to fully implement this system. So far it is easy to follow.

Pros

Easy to follow.

Dave L.

Very good

Reviewed on 17/2/2017

I'm a new user, but found that it's easy to use and I like the resources it offers. I think it will definitely be an asset.

Pros

Logging in is easy.