Unanet A/E

Project-based ERP for mid-to-large size AE firms

4.4 /5 (70 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.3
4.2
4.6
Lauren J.
Industry: Environmental Services

Clearview Software Review - Infocus

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

I am extremely happy with Clearview Infocus. They have been amazing in their customer service department and help when I need it with trouble shooting. They have gotten better about adding tutorials and training modules, and even adding in person workshops to help expand my knowledge and learn more about the software. They are always listening to their customers and adding updates to include features their clients want to see.

Pros

I like that the software is able to integrate all aspects of our business, from timesheets to expense reports, invoicing, and bill payment, etc. It is a one stop shop kind of software.

Cons

The hardest part of the software is getting it to generate the reports you want if they are not already built into the system, if you want a custom report do you do need to know some sequel background to run a report. I have also found that it is an extremely powerful tool but I am only scrapping the surface, and if I knew more information it could be even more useful. Adding custom boxes to applets to make it more specific to our business.

Industry: Industrial Automation

Project Management software

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

We have greatly enhanced and automated the project cost management using InFocus.

Pros

*Tracks project costs easily
*Many options for project set up
*Allows users to enter time and expenses from anywhere
*Electronic file attachments allowed throughout the software

Cons

*Cumbersome or lacking drill down capabilities in multiple modules
*Missing a few warning messages in critical areas such as the ability to post AP/AR to closed periods

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Julie T.

Clearview is for Everyone!

Reviewed on 12/2/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

One benefit I have realized is the ability to make minor edits to Accounting entries without having to go back redo something. The flexibility of this software is unmatched.

Pros

One thing I like most about Infocus are the Gridgits on the dashboard that provide various information all in one place. I also prefer this program because of the flexibility in entering data so there is no more deleting something because you have to make a minor change. Infocus has a variety of reports that are easy to understand that provide a wide array of data. I also appreciate check processing in Infocus for Accounts Payable and Employee Reimbursables because it is very easy to use especially with the recent transaction tab. Timesheets are very easy to enter and approve in Infocus and benefits hours are easy to see for each employee.

Cons

One thing I like least is that some functionality of Infocus is not user-friendly (i.e. having to use F4 instead of Enter). I also would like to see benefit accrual more automated and payroll integration with outside software (i.e. Pensoft) made more seamless for companies that have salary plus employees.

Gregg F.

Great SAAS accounting solution for an ACEC firm

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's a more cost-effective option than Deltek Vision. If that's your comparison as an ACEC firm, I'd say go for it! :)

Pros

* Reasonable setup and ongoing price per seat. Monthly billing available.

* Quick and easy setup. We were online within 24 hours and had our data converted from Deltek within 7 business days.

* Great technical support via dedicated user login message board interface. Answers/response are usually taken care of in under 2 hours for non-critical/emergency issues.

* InFocus Custom Reports and Invoice Designs can be created and edited using the SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio 2005 from Microsoft.

Cons

The only real downside so far has been speed of the interface. We had this as an onsite server and response times were awesome with our own dedicated server. I would have hoped that with SaaS that the background horsepower for their servers would be a little better than what it is. Requests take approximately 4x as long to process as when we tested it as a local SQL installation. Please keep in mind that this is a "feels like" statement and not a technically measured out in milliseconds statement.

Johana R.
Industry: Design

Best ERP and Project Management Software for its price

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

It has all the blows a whistles SAP has to offer. For me, it was very important that InFocus had strong internal controls in order to preserve the integrity of the data. Additionally, it is very user friendly and allows for quick queries, custom reports, and third-party integration. It is a software that caters to your needs without the big software restrictions.

Cons

Currently there is nothing a true dislike. But if i had to pick one it would be statements. In order to generate stand alone statements and submit to the client it has to be done manually versus a mass email distribution. Similar to invoicing. However, if the client is invoiced on a monthly basis they would recieve a copy of their statement with their invoices.

Dara S.

Great product for a small to medium firm

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We've been using this for a few years now and we're still learning how to use it effectively. Overall, I think its a great tool.

Pros

Once you get used to the layout its very easy to navigate and find the information you're looking for. I'm sure it can do a lot more that what we're using it for and I'm excited to see how we can grow with it.

Cons

It forces you to structure your projects specifically in order to use all of its features. At times it seems too rigid in its assumptions on how a project should be structured and we have to find work arounds. For example we might have 2 Project Managers on one project, but you can only select one per project.

Brian S.

A Must-Have!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Our employees pick up time entry very easily with InFocus. Its also great that employees can monitor their own PTO accruals, seeing all that they've accrued and used throughout the year. Employees can also generate their own reports to see how many hours they've worked on a specific project. Its great!

Pros

It is so user friendly, if you are familiar with excel, many of InFocus's features are created the same way. Very low training time!

Cons

Copying entries on time sheets or AP's could be a little better, but it isn't that bad.

Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Long time customer

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

Was able to import data from old/so to be obsolete program (Sema4)

Cons

Need to have ability to write computer code to make changes to templates

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Quickbooks to Clearview

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

We are solving a lot of redundancy issues that we had with previous software. It is helping us streamline our accounting system.

Pros

The thing that I like the most about software is its ability to provide me with up to date information that is critical factor in making project related decisions. Also I have found ability to run numerous standard and custom reports helpful.

Cons

All of the capabilities are overwhelming in the beginning.

Barbara P.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

InFocus - a Great Product!

Reviewed on 3/2/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This software offered easy conversion from our former software; they were able to bring all of our previous file information forward for project reference. It matched up with our former software in many ways and is easy to learn and use. Clearview Software's staff is very good to work with during the conversion. The training offered is very helpful, and they will always respond quickly and efficiently to any need you may have. Give them both a try; you will like them.

Cons

The only downside I have had is not being able to customize the software's reports at my level to the needs. I have had some custom reports and invoices designed to match up with our needs, but it is too costly to have all my report requirements customized. Therefore, sometimes you have to either run three or four reports to gather the information you may require.

Sanae C.

Incocus is just great

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Pros

Friendly use, very easy to use and not that much complicated.

Cons

The fact that I don't have o shortcut on my desktop that takes me directly to log in... I need to open a browser and type in the link...

Peter H.
Industry: Design

Love Clearview

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

I have been very happy with Clearview.

Pros

Very easy to use, well thought out, and the layout really makes sense.

Cons

At times it is slow retrieving data, but this is rare.

Lauren D.

I feel that some items in the program can be more intuitive and easier to use. It gets the job done.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Pros

The layout is nice. I like the list format. The overall calculation of time works well. It is nice that you can copy recent items to a new time sheet.

Cons

It is not very user friendly. If you don't know the "shortcut" commands, it can be very time consuming to do anything. Scrolling through long drop down menus is annoying.

Edward P.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Project Software Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Top of the line Project Software. The developer has put a lot of thought and spend a great deal of time in looking at the total scope of the program functionality and how it interacts with real life situations. They have every angle and every circumstances covered.

Pros

Very forward thinking product that benefits true life occurrences and situations.

Cons

None that I have seen yet. And from what I have seen I do not think it will seen anything derogatory.

Stefanie A.

Not user friendly. Every day I dread having to use this product for time and invoices.

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

Pros

This program is only beneficial to our bookkeeper. People actually imputing there time find it difficult to use and time consuming.

Cons

This software is very difficult to navigate. It is not easy to use or understand. You need to complete multiple steps in order to get the result needed.

Chad C.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

I mainly use it to submit time for my timesheets.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use. Very straight forward.

Cons

I don't have any grievances with the product at this point.

Lucas R.

Efficient

Used Other for 1-5 months

Project management

Pros

It makes it easy to manage and organize projects

Cons

It takes a little time to get use to the features.

Teresa K.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Great software for small to medium size firms

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Timesheets are in on time due to the capability to use app on cell phones. Can close the books in a day versus 3-5 days as in the past. Invoices are sent faster than before.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive, software is always available and have never had any issues with connectivity

Cons

Would love more canned reports to choose from

Chuck A.
Industry: Environmental Services

InFocus A Great System

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

With hundreds of projects and five offices our managers need to stay current on the status of their work and have the tools to develop new proposals. InFocus is indispensable for personnel management and project performance. Plus it provides financial statement and accounting data that is crucial for senior management and independent accountants. The data available and the variety of the reports are limitless. Also, our clients want their invoices and reports in a wide variety of styles. The open structure and adaptability of the InFocus system is a constant marvel at design and intuition.

Pros

Its flexibility, power and data retrieval ability. We have forty-five people in our company, with five office locations and six profit centers (disciplines). Of these forty-five people, more than two thirds are field personnel that are often asked to work in various disciplines or support the work in our other offices. At any one time we have a couple hundred projects open for scores of clients. Keeping track of this is incredibly difficult. We worked with Clearview for a couple of months in order to transfer our existing clients, projects, time records and accounting records to our new system. With over 16,000 historical projects and a current work in process in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, we matched to the penny. Working with them is a pleasure.

Not only is the InFocus package all that it claims to be, the folks at Clearview are great to work with. Sure there is a bit of a learning curve, but the answers are so intuitive you can’t believe you did not think of it yourself. Their support literature, training videos, white papers and support site are extremely helpful.

There may be comparable products out there, but I seriously doubt there is anything better. If there was a better product or solution, these folks would match or exceed it. We all have competition; we need competition to push us to do a better job.

Cons

Getting others in our organization to appreciate and better use this management too.

Gregg F.

Great SAAS accounting solution for an ACEC firm

Reviewed on 26/2/2018

All accounting software and data is offsite, no servers or data to worry about locally! :)

Pros

* No need to keep software on servers on site. Everything is in the cloud.
* Local client install.
* Easy to use trouble ticket system when there is an issue.
* Since it is cloud based, it is always up to date.

Cons

* Occasional data slow downs which we have no control over because the software is running on Clearview's servers.
* The Microsoft ClickOnce technology used for the local client requires web browser ClickOnce integration which is built into Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers, but doesn't always work well with edge. You can get a ClickOnce plugin for Google Chrome, but it's not a transparent "click the icon on the desktop" scenario there either.
* No hosted SMTP server. If you want to send email, you'll have to utilize your own SMTP server, at an additional cost and there is also a charge if you want Clearview to help you set it up. This is my only real "gripe" about the service. It should come with it's own email capability for the cost and to truly be a service.
* I think it is a great Software As A Service overall, but you should know about the weaknesses going in.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Clearview InFocus gets the job done.

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the fact that it is very versatile and can be customized to suit your company's needs.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that when the product needs an update the users who are in the field and do not have access to good internet are left unable to do their time sheets because they cannot get into the screens without the update being done.

Barbara P.

Top Notch Product

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

We are a small architectural firm and opted to change to Clearview InFocus when the program we were using was getting too complicated and too expensive. InFocus met our needs in all our required billing, project tracking, etc., but for a smaller investment.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants a workhorse software. I can't say enough about it.

Pros

I like the ease of transition from one software to another. It is a very easy software to learn and use. I have been using since 2010, and it has progressively gotten better and better. New features are always coming on board. Trust met...you will like it!

Cons

Reports are good but I required a great deal of customization to get the results needed. The one downside is that it does not have a payroll application. If you do in-house payroll, you will need a separate software to run along side InFocus.

Deborah R.

Reviewed on 30/4/2012
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

As a mid-sized architectural design firm, we have found Clearview InFocus to be the best integrated accounting and project management software on the market. We migrated to InFocus in May 2010 after using two previous industry specific applications, which never performed as promised. The transition to InFocus was well managed and painless. InFocus is highly flexible and easy to learn and use. It is especially forgiving of input errors, with mistakes easily reversed or voided. As designers of large and highly complex institutional projects, we have sophisticated client invoicing needs. InFocus offers every conceivable billing scenario and allows for multiple billing types on the same project.

Likewise, the project management modules are flexible, user friendly, and cover all facets of project documentation. The default and custom reports are extensive and easily changed and manipulated. It is easy to pull data out of InFocus in a myriad of formats and easy to customize reports. Clearview's client support is also great - easily accessible with a highly responsive support team. They provide excellent software support as well as accounting solutions. The integration between the project management and accounting functions is seamless.

InFocus has allowed us to streamline our finance and project management functions and provided real savings in accounting consultant and in-house staff costs. InFocus is the best performing software I have ever had the pleasure to purchase. It exceeds expectations and has more than met every promise of the developer. This is top-notch software with top-notch support. Any size firm in the design industry would be well advised to adopt InFocus for their accounting and project management software.

John P.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Clearview

Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great product! Allows you to focus on operations as opposed to being a slave to the product

Pros

Flexibility
Scalability
Allows you to focus on operations as opposed to being a slave to the product.
Pricing was exceptional compared to the competitors

Cons

Tedious to setup multi-company - have to understand the relationships (i.e. Parent - Child - Sister) before you begin to setup.

Jake G.

InFocus Review - Great Product

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

For a small firm like ours, InFocus is very affordable, yet has all the functionality that we can function like a medium to large firm from a financial perspective. We can also meet all of the government FAR regulations.

Cons

The only con is that there are so many features, it sometimes takes me time to remember what they all do.