Sage Intacct Reviews

4.0/5

Modupe
Modupe
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Reliable financial management software.

Reviewed on 26/4/2023

Sage Intacct is the primary software deployed by the company for financial management activities like automatic updating and consolidation of our general ledger, which is crucial for accurate financial reporting. Moreover, Sage Intacct aids in automating complex billing processes, while providing us with comprehensive financial visibility that facilitates smart real-time decision-making.

Pros

I find Sage Intacct to be an excellent tool due to its flexibility, impressive dashboarding capabilities, and seamless integration with our existing software. It empowers us to automate tedious financial tasks such as billing and order management, thereby freeing up valuable time for more important activities.

Cons

Obtaining official support for any problems encountered while using Sage Intacct is a time-consuming and arduous process. The procedure for submitting a support ticket is unnecessarily complicated, which adds to the frustration of seeking assistance.

Brandy
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy to use for End User

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

Overall Positive and I am happy that we moved forward with this system. After implementing for the 5th time I continue to come back to this system for companies that need flexibility in their accounting system.

Pros

The System is great for the user, easy to use and learn, Easy to customize to meet specific customer needs while not breaking every time an upgrade is done. Constant improvement based on customer feedback.

Cons

Support is lacking and needs a lot of attention. The support teams are not as helpful and easy to work with as they were in the post pre Sage acquisition.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

Failed implementation of a larger ERP system that did not have the flexibility to meet the companies needed and ever changing priorities.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

Flexibility and overall easy of use for the end user.
Tirus

A Very Capable Accounting Software

Reviewed on 1/2/2024

Pros

I like the financial management and reporting features
It handles invoicing easily and I like the handling our accounting payable
It comes with ERP and CRM features

Cons

With Sage Intacct, it has been smooth and no regrets.

Michael

Its an average accounting system

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

My overall experience with Intacct is overall positive. Intacct does save me significant time and effort in my everyday tasks compared with our older software. i do feel it could be improved upon further to make it a better product.

Pros

I like the fact that it is browser based through the cloud which makes access quick and easy. The modules that I use the most work very well such as Accounts Payable and Time and Expense. The General Ledger reporting function is very helpful and easy to use as well.

Cons

There are a few modules such as Prepaids, Fixed assets and Purchasing that we had purchased after the initial implementation of intacct that did not work very well initially. There were many work arounds and technical problems that created alot of unneeded headaches and work. Fortunately this has been fixed now for the most part and works well.

Another issue I have is the support community that I put support tickets in when I need some help. They don't seem to know the product very well and often the solutions and advice I receive is partially right or wrong altogether. There have been instances where I have just figured it the problem myself through reading articles or experimenting with settings etc.

Response from Sage

Hello Michael,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that the AP and T&E modules are working well for you. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Lillian
Lillian

Transforming Financial Management with Precision

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

My overall experience with Sage Intacct has been nothing short of exceptional. The program has significantly streamlined our financial management processes, reducing manual effort and minimizing errors.

Pros

Sage Intacct has become the backbone of our financial management operations. The program's robust accounting and reporting capabilities are outstanding. I appreciate the flexibility it offers in creating custom financial reports, providing a tailored view of our organization's financial health.

Cons

While Sage Intacct excels in financial management, enhancing the mobile app's features for on-the-go access would be beneficial. Adding more comprehensive functionalities such as invoice approvals and expense tracking on the mobile platform would improve accessibility and flexibility.

Sophia
Sophia
  • Industry: Hospitality

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

so far the experience has been pretty positive.

so far the experience has been pretty positive.

Pros

Online, ease of use, real-time data. Full Transparency with department managers.

Cons

having to purchase additional modules that seem like it should just be part of the product.

Tina
  • Industry: Accounting

Sage Intacct has many possibilities

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Great customer service. Lots of ways to learn the system. Good learning videos.

Great customer service. Lots of ways to learn the system. Good learning videos.

Pros

The way you can show data in various ways. You can use different dimensions to slice and dice data.

Cons

Needing to set up all reports from the beginning. Nothing is out of the box fully set up.

Richard
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

New User Set up

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

The beginning was rough as a lot of stop and start with migrating to Intacct. Primarily related with moving over historical data to Intacct took several attempts to complete.

Pros

Has more functions and applications then most other accounting programs. Maybe more than I will end up using initially as a new user.

Cons

I would love it to have some functions that integrate with payroll applications. A lot manual inputting by Payroll Journal entry as of now.

Jodie
  • Industry: Accounting

Sage Intacct for advanced reporting

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

The support is almost non-existent. When we have a question, if feels as though Sage doesn't want to provide the answer, but wants you to figure it out on your own. It'd be more helpful if they were more forthcoming with support.

Pros

Advanced reporting features and journal reporting.

Cons

Customization is challenging and not easily mastered.

Manda
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

GREAT COMPANY TO EXPENSIVE

Reviewed on 18/1/2024

THEY ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE AT ALL WHICH IS WHAT HAPPENED AFTER SAGE PURCHASED INTACCT

Pros

ITS USER FRIENDLY EASY TO RUN REPORTS.

Cons

YOU PAY FOR THE ENTIRE PLATFORM EVEN IF YOU DO NOT NEED THE ENTIRE PLATFORM

Sami
  • Industry: Media Production

Sage Intacct for Non-Profit

Reviewed on 14/2/2023

Overall we love the software. It's helped us advance our accounting operations in many different areas and move away from a majority of our paper processing. The product help and customer service has been good. However, we had a difficult renewal negotiation, and after we did sign the renewal, we did not hear from our account rep for almost a year until I reached out multiple times to be reassigned. The difficult renewal and lack of account rep support has soured me on the relationship some, but I like the product itself.

Pros

I like having multiple dimensions to tag transactions with. This has helped us budget and forecast at a very detailed level, which has helped us understand what our variances are and get rid of extraneous expenses. We also love that it is a cloud system, which helps us be mobile and flexible with when we use it.

Cons

We were not impressed with the prepaid module as it did not work well with our processes. We decided to discontinue using it and go back to tracking in Excel.The reporting is definitely a step up from Excel, but it can be inflexible sometimes and not the best for complex reporting.

Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

The software we had been using was very outdated and we needed a modern solution for our business.

MIP Fund Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

We liked Intacct's look the best. The reporting looked like it would suite us best.
Audrey
Audrey

Great software for all kinds of financial statement reports

Reviewed on 4/8/2023

This system facilitates the entry of invoices and the administration of team expenditures. We required an agency-wide application because of the variety of our activities. Our team has found Sage to be straightforward to learn and use, particularly for invoice entry and approval procedures.

Pros

Sage Intacct's collaborative features are a big plus for me. The primary navigational ribbon located at the system's top makes clicking through to explore further a breeze. Receipt of revenue can be easily recorded, as can the complicated intercompany receivables that go along with them.

Cons

The difficulty certain managers and approvers have in searching for specific data is currently my main complaint, but I'm confident that this can be fixed with some fine-tuning.

Carly

Great for multiple entities

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

This was a huge time saver.

This was a huge time saver.

Pros

This was great for managing the books of 18 separate entities. The ability to easily switch between companies and also create inter-company transactions (owed to/from, for example) was a HUGE time saver.

Cons

The way our company used/paid and allocated credit card charges we were not able to use the credit card part of the software.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

QuickBooks was not able to efficiently handle our growing companies any longer

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct checked off all the boxes of needs and wants that we created
Sara
Sara
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Intacct is powerful and flexible, with many useful features

Reviewed on 12/2/2023

There is now less clutter in our information thanks to this. During my last project, we migrated our paper files over here. Simple, straightforward dashboards have been developed using it. Now we can spend less time auditing and more time making better decisions. The ability to use wildcards in my bill search was fantastic, just as in Excel.

Pros

Intacct is feature-rich and powerful, and it can handle a wide range of tasks. The contracts module also provides powerful management of billing cycles. Product characteristics and capabilities are the primary advantages of utilizing Sage Intacct.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is often difficult to get answers from support when problems arise. Numerous bugs plagued the infrastructure.

Grace
  • Industry: Entertainment

Did not like this Sage product

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

Extremely pricey with a lot of promises made from their sales people but not a lot more function than Wave, Quickbooks Online or Xero.

Pros

What originally attracted us to this platform was the ability to do cloud accounting so everything was not centralized to one desktop application. We also liked how this platform could invoice AND process payments as that makes bank reconciliations a lot cleaner.

Cons

There was not a lot of instruction given around how to do certain tasks and we were not able to fully utilize this platform to the ability the salesperson pitched. This was mainly just used for financial report, AP and AR but we were told it had cash management and forecasting capabilities which we were never trained to use.

QuickBooks Online Advanced and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

We were scaling and needed more functionality.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

Sales provided a few months free and minimal commitment.
Brady

Perfect for Outsourced Accounting Solutions

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

As mentioned in the pros section, we have greatly enjoyed and utilized the dimensional reporting capabilities of Sage Intacct, leading us to gain valuable insights into our clients' business and their various entities and departments, showing where they lacked profitability, where they can grow, and which areas of the business to particularly direct resources and attention.

Pros

One of the things I value most about Sage Intacct is the dimensional reporting ability that Sage gives to us, which is different from the other solutions our clients have tested. Getting granular about each transaction, allowing statistical accounts to track FTEs, and being able to report BvA trends on our clients' individual locations, departments, and entities leads to better decision making and more efficient business management.

Cons

If there was one thing I would change about Sage Intacct, it would be the control over the general ledger. There were several instances where we were in the midst of training our staff, and while a minor error was made, it was not able to be undone except by reversing out the entire transaction (not simply deleted).

Nour

Accurately compiling financial data and keeping tabs on expenditures

Reviewed on 2/3/2022

Sage Intacct helps us streamline financial reporting and accurately track spending. Sage Intacct's great level of transparency has saved us money.

Pros

Sage Intacct is great for both simple and complex accounting jobs. Accounts receivable, payment, inventory, and payroll management. I like how they are evolving and trying to make things easier for their users. Invoice automation and vendor payments thrill me. The tabs are clean and allow you to run various reports. I enjoy the data exporting options. Payments can be made directly from Sage Intacct using a variety of payment gateways. It automates my workflow by scheduling payments based on priorities and automatically computing sales taxes when tax is applied to my invoices. The best feature of this application is that it is cloud-based and used as software as a service. This tool may conduct reports between receivables and payables. It also has a cloud connection, which saves us from printing and saving unnecessary data.

Cons

Sage Intacct may not operate automatically to pay dues that you have planned at a given date, requiring you to re-work in traditional ways, which I find difficult at times. The numerous regions of payment summaries can be confusing, especially when you have to add extra deposit information afterward.

Joseph
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great and attentive customer service. Very accommodating with our customization and concerns.

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

Pros

I like the flexibility and ease of the software. It is overall simple to correct errors. I enjoy the import features for invoices and journal entries. Saves a lot of time and is user friendly, even for less experiences computer users.

Cons

The restrictions of some features and functions. I feel like the functionality is more designed by computer programmers than by actual day to day users. For example, if you are trying to create a custom report, vendor ID is stored one way when entering invoices, and another way when entering journal entries. Customer service suggested to me that I enter the vendor ID in 2 different fields (I believe Vendor_ID and APBillItem_VendorID) for all invoice imports so that I can use 1 f. This is redundant and frustrating. Also for example, you can set invoices to "warn" you if duplicate invoice numbers when manually entering, but if you are using the import feature, it will just crash. You have to de-select the "warn" option, upload the file, and then turn the "warn" function back on. This is not practical. There should be some type of override function for intentional duplicate invoice #s.

Response from Sage

Hello Joseph,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and flexible. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Toni

Customer support was great from the start and the program is flexible in regards to creating...

Reviewed on 8/5/2018

The software allowed ability to perform accounts payable to issue cheques and to produce financial statements quickly. The 12 month report is very useful to pick up changes to values in account. The budgeting aspect is also useful for variance analysis.

Pros

I like the ability to create the financial reports and also the Dashboard reports. The payables area is easy to perform functions and the year-end close is very simple.

Cons

This program is mainly written for the US market and is not able to create an EFT file (Canadian) that can be uploaded to the bank and create journal entries simultaneously. That would benefit us to make payments that are not by cheque. The "cash" payment types are good because an e-mail can be sent: however still requires for us to do a separate EFT payment on the bank.

Response from Sage

Hello Toni,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that have had a good experience with customer support and have been able to take advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

David

Flexible, capable, constantly upgrading software.

Reviewed on 17/1/2018

Pros

Intacct allows for the creation and utilization of any fields desired for your business eliminating the need for the multitude of work-arounds necessary to create detailed reports in other accounting systems. Intacct also has the most capable custom reporting interface I have utilized to date, saving hours of time formerly spent on the extraction, transformation, and production of standard company reports. Other benefits include, ability to import any type of transaction, ability to bulk export all GL transaction data (a personal favorite), a robust API allowing for integration with internal databases, payroll software, etc.

Cons

Initial setup was led by a less experienced implementation specialist which led to difficulties as we began to review and create custom reports accurately. After speaking with a consultant, we determined the issues, corrected them, and have produced real time advanced reports which have provided a level of insight which was unachievable within other accounting software.

Mohammed

The best cloud accounting partner to manage the financials of the organization

Reviewed on 3/2/2022

Sage Intacct helped us organize everything related to our financial transactions from invoices and other documents, and helped us schedule payments on the payment system, and we benefited a lot from the accounting and tax reports that we were able to prepare through it.

Pros

It is possible for a user to connect to all of his bank accounts, both to make payments and to transfer money, and to follow up on the transactions precisely and professionally because of the Internet. Freelancers and large organizations alike can benefit from it. A financial database that makes it simple to scan receipts and invoices and enter the data into the system, all while allowing you to readily download the information. Due to the inclusion of all financial transactions that occurred during the reporting period, Sage Intacct's reports are some of my favorite to work from.

Cons

If the merchant deals in multiple currencies, Sage Intacct does its job well, but you will need to create many pages .

Lisa

Software that's easy to use and manage.

Reviewed on 6/6/2023

Overall, I've had a pretty good experience with Intacct. If they could work on the few complaints, I would be happier. I just don't have time to create a ticket for every defect unless it truly affects the company.

Pros

Invoicing is easy and the reporting is straight forward.

Cons

There are many defects that need to be tweaked. Updating customer addresses in contacts will not update an address on an open invoice. With Recurring invoicing you have to add the customer to a recurring billing group to know it can be paid. Open invoices for the same customer dated the same day of the recurring will be paid even if not a recurring invoice. Many defects in my opinion.

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Insurance

Sage Intacct Personal obervation

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

On our case, we focus on developing core business side then integrate with Intacct via web-service, and this have been successfully, because all side of reporting, financials, UPR, etc, is managed by Sage Intacct.

Pros

1. Sage Intacct allows access anytime and anywhere (home, office, coffee shop)
2. Sage Intacct has login are very secured with different levels.
3. Sage Intacct provide financial information on detailed level by using dimensions which allows decision makers to relay on realistic information.
4. Sage Intacct is easy to use, it doesn't requires advances financial training.

Cons

1. Extracting volume data in most of time is an issue, especially Journals.

Response from Sage

Hello Eric,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Marlene
Marlene
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Sage is Essential to our Company

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Pros

Sage allows our company to know "real time" where we are financially. This allows each of our departments to track their spending against their budget and know if they have the ability to spend or hold back. Our [sensitive content hidden] can view a variety of reports that were easy to create, to give him an overall perspective of the company.

Cons

The price is steep, but the detail we get and the ease of use has made this the best product we have found.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A fantastic scalable system for small to mid-size companies

Reviewed on 7/2/2023

Pros

It is scalable and flexible to suit the needs of most companies. While it is possible to outgrow, it can be a long time before it is necessary to move off of it.

Cons

Indirect intercompany and investment activity cannot be done today. It must be directly managed which can be resolved with 3rd party integrations.